PDA

View Full Version : Will the actual development very close to the model?

pinkpolkadot
30-04-12, 17:26
I wonder how close will the actual development as compared to the model in the showroom? Such as wall, path access etc.

House
30-04-12, 17:41
I wonder how close will the actual development as compared to the model in the showroom? Such as wall, path access etc.

Depending on the reputation of the dev. Most are 99%.

But for internal furnishing......really depends.

carbuncle
30-04-12, 18:03
Usually it will be very close. Trust it more than brochure for sure.

sh
30-04-12, 18:09
Usually it will be very close. Trust it more than brochure for sure.

Actually brochure more trust worthy. Because you keep it and can compare with with the final product.

Model gets thrown away as soon as project is sold out to "destory evidence"... After that you lan lan...:(

howgozit
30-04-12, 18:26
Actually brochure more trust worthy. Because you keep it and can compare with with the final product.

Model gets thrown away as soon as project is sold out to "destory evidence"... After that you lan lan...:(

On the brochure usually there is a fine print that says.... artist's impression.

Floor plan should be zhun... the rest i am not sure.

carbuncle
30-04-12, 18:39

Sorry. Pls enlighten how you present 3D information in 2D print brochures?

sh
30-04-12, 18:48

Huh? 3d model in showroom, not in brochures.:)

Unless you're talking about computer generated perspectives that are most misleading.:mad:

howgozit
30-04-12, 18:50

Pop-up brochures... ? :D

House
30-04-12, 18:56
On the brochure usually there is a fine print that says.... artist's impression.

yes. did came across a project - on brochures the artist's impression of the swimming pool area has foldable beach chairs on one side of the pool.

when TOP, it became a walk way......no space at all to put simi chair.....:D

insigina
30-04-12, 19:00

The brochure is really funny. Reminds me of Watertown where the waterway looks like a reservoir. Also, be careful about floorplan as they do not tell you the floor size of bedrooms. You could end up with study rooms instead

Laguna
30-04-12, 20:37
I just collected a newly completed and found that the model is different from the actual one, and disputed. reply from developer

" This model of the development, .......is based on
Artist’s impressions and intended only as a guide. The Developer
reserves the right to alter or amend the design. This model shall not
form part of an offer or contract or be construed as any
representation by the Developer or its agent. All areas and
measurements are approximate and subject to adjustment on final
survey."

What stated in S&P is enforceable (but note, a lot of items are on equivalent of certain brands) and not the model or even the show units

I pressed very hard on the developer that they did not use an approved plan to build the model, but they just said they are well covered by the disclaimer clause, and if need, take up legal action with them.

I think, last Sunday, the Chinese paper mentioned that CASE stays clear with this sort of arguement.

howgozit
30-04-12, 20:37
How about those brochures with ang mos strolling in the condo's compound or sun tanning in bikinis by the pool

carbuncle
30-04-12, 21:41
How about those brochures with ang mos strolling in the condo's compound or sun tanning in bikinis by the pool

Angmos sold separately.

ysyap
30-04-12, 22:01
How about those brochures with ang mos strolling in the condo's compound or sun tanning in bikinis by the poolYou might get them if you buy condos from District 9. ;)

House
30-04-12, 22:19
Angmos sold separately.

:D :D :D wahlao

maisonjai
30-04-12, 22:28
I just collected a newly completed and found that the model is different from the actual ...
Likewise, i bought during 09 & the showflat already dismantled. The brochure shows an extended breakfast countertop but when i collected the keys there was no extension.:banghead: I tell myself nv to buy from this developer again.

Allthepies
30-04-12, 22:35
Likewise, i bought during 09 & the showflat already dismantled. The brochure shows an extended breakfast countertop but when i collected the keys there was no extension.:banghead: I tell myself nv to buy from this developer again.

Can share the developer name here? So that we can all boycott :D

House
30-04-12, 22:39

many small time developers like dat lor.....u cant boycott everybody cos some day bound to have some good deals....LL also buy. :tongue3:

radha08
30-04-12, 22:45
The brochure is really funny. Reminds me of Watertown where the waterway looks like a reservoir. Also, be careful about floorplan as they do not tell you the floor size of bedrooms. You could end up with study rooms instead

so what does the water really look like...:eek:

radha08
30-04-12, 22:46
bro if i bought during 09 especially early 09...i be kissing the developer...:D

sh
30-04-12, 22:49

All the water in brochures look blue blue..... Reality? Brown brown!:simmering:

Bluewater don't exist in Singapore:(

insigina
30-04-12, 22:51

The water all look good in the brochure but when you visit the site, it is only a stream:beats-me-man:

maisonjai
30-04-12, 23:02
No need so serious bah, it's usual practise that there's an escape clause subject to architect's "broad stroke" to alter or even change fittings/appliances.

maisonjai
30-04-12, 23:10
bro if i bought during 09 especially early 09...i be kissing the developer...:D
heee :D ...u r right, subsale prices up 45% when I took keys. Rectify defects, do up the place & tenant shifted in. I remember 1 forummer said don't get emotional over investment, so didn't bother to pursue & spend my time hunting for next buy. :cheers5:

pinkpolkadot
01-05-12, 06:40
I just collected a newly completed and found that the model is different from the actual one, and disputed. reply from developer

" This model of the development, .......is based on
Artist’s impressions and intended only as a guide. The Developer
reserves the right to alter or amend the design. This model shall not
form part of an offer or contract or be construed as any
representation by the Developer or its agent. All areas and
measurements are approximate and subject to adjustment on final
survey."

What stated in S&P is enforceable (but note, a lot of items are on equivalent of certain brands) and not the model or even the show units

I pressed very hard on the developer that they did not use an approved plan to build the model, but they just said they are well covered by the disclaimer clause, and if need, take up legal action with them.

I think, last Sunday, the Chinese paper mentioned that CASE stays clear with this sort of arguement.

Do u intend to take up a case with the developer?

ysyap
01-05-12, 08:08
Do u intend to take up a case with the developer?Even the S&P is not helpful plus CASE is shunning such cases. Don't think got much grounds to make noise...

Laguna
01-05-12, 10:04
Do u intend to take up a case with the developer?

I am still recovering from my recent operation. I will check with my lawyer friend first when I fully recover. This is going to be costly to have legal action against a listed developer.

I will also write to BCA / URA and perhaps newspaper.

Afterall, I hv the foto to proof.

Anyway, I hv rented out the unit alr, I got it very very cheap.

pinkpolkadot
01-05-12, 10:17
I am still recovering from my recent operation. I will check with my lawyer friend first when I fully recover. This is going to be costly to have legal action against a listed developer.

I will also write to BCA / URA and perhaps newspaper.

Afterall, I hv the foto to proof.

Anyway, I hv rented out the unit alr, I got it very very cheap.

Can share what went wrong?

Laguna
01-05-12, 10:24
Can share what went wrong?

This is a ground floor unit and it supposed to have ledge from the front, side to the backyard.

But what given was only ledge for the front patio.

The plan given to the model builder was an unapproved and have clear non-compliance to the fire regulations.

maisonjai
01-05-12, 11:54
I am still recovering from my recent operation.
Take care of ur health, speedy recovery:cheers4:

I will also write to BCA / URA and perhaps newspaper. Afterall, I hv the foto to proof
post photos at Stomp, super viral...haha

boom
02-05-12, 11:27
Apart from the block that faces the "woods", what are the other available 3 bedrooms left, can anyone shed a light on this? For unit 61 at Blk 478, what are the available units? What are your views on aquiring an unit there?

pinkpolkadot
02-05-12, 11:38
Apart from the block that faces the "woods", what are the other available 3 bedrooms left, can anyone shed a light on this? For unit 61 at Blk 478, what are the available units? What are your views on aquiring an unit there?

Which development are you referring to?

carbuncle
02-05-12, 12:21
Which development are you referring to?
From the blk number and stack it appears to be FlamingO Valley

CP5211
06-05-12, 02:22
heee :D ...u r right, subsale prices up 45% when I took keys. Rectify defects, do up the place & tenant shifted in. I remember 1 forummer said don't get emotional over investment, so didn't bother to pursue & spend my time hunting for next buy. :cheers5:

Hi Maisonjai, sorry to sidetrack.
Yes, I do recall some forummer said don't get emotional over investment. I'm currently looking for a 2 bedder PC for investment (already bought a 4 bedder PC for self stay). I am inclined to look for a unit which I like as I thought someday, I may move in for self stay (say after selling/renting out the 4 bedder after I retire). Would like to hear your views. Thank you

maisonjai
06-05-12, 17:17
Hi Maisonjai, sorry to sidetrack.
Yes, I do recall some forummer said don't get emotional over investment. I'm currently looking for a 2 bedder PC for investment (already bought a 4 bedder PC for self stay). I am inclined to look for a unit which I like as I thought someday, I may move in for self stay (say after selling/renting out the 4 bedder after I retire). Would like to hear your views. Thank you
i've similiar plan as urs to shift into 2bed in time to come. rcr, fh + mrt would be bestest but be prepared to pay. Not sure if I still need a car by then so mrt & near makan places would be nice for me. Would be nice to travel & see the world before i see heaven. hahaha
If u see a place u like, done ur calculation with the asking price then by all means. :cheers1:

CP5211
06-05-12, 21:23
i've similiar plan as urs to shift into 2bed in time to come. rcr, fh + mrt would be bestest but be prepared to pay. Not sure if I still need a car by then so mrt & near makan places would be nice for me. Would be nice to travel & see the world before i see heaven. hahaha
If u see a place u like, done ur calculation with the asking price then by all means. :cheers1:

Thanks for sharing. May your dreams come true!