PDA

View Full Version : Condo review...WOW!!

radha08
05-05-12, 14:18
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-condo-reviews/the-makena-215

WOW...WHAT a WONDERFUL condo...:scared-1:

phantom_opera
05-05-12, 14:22
that's why old condo final destiny is enbloc

azeoprop
05-05-12, 14:23
Stay hdb go public pool or safra pool better.... :scared-3:

radha08
05-05-12, 14:24
that's why old condo final destiny is enbloc

even enbloc if same crowd move back in...:doh::doh::doh:

carbuncle
05-05-12, 14:24
Choke full of certain demographic...

radha08
05-05-12, 14:26
Choke full of certain demographic...

mustafa condo...:D

carbuncle
05-05-12, 14:36
Better dont buy those super popular projects... Not exclusive and badly maintained plus horrid reviews make it difficult to lease or sell in future... It is human nature to post negative feedback rather than share any compliments.

Wild Falcon
05-05-12, 14:54
Not all popular projects are bad lah. Some are very well maintained. In this case, it is in Meyer area and most residents are Indian. So one would have to assimilate to the Indian culture. I have a friend who lives in another Meyer Road condo nearby. I've never seen a non-Indian there before. its like 90% of residents are Indians. Meyer and Tg Rhu are the new Little India.

Not all reviews are bad. There are mixed reviews. Obviously the Indians will find the place wonderful with the same type around. And no matter what, the Indians did inflate the prices in Meyer and Tg Rhu. India condo huat ah!

Better dont buy those super popular projects... Not exclusive and badly maintained plus horrid reviews make it difficult to lease or sell in future... It is human nature to post negative feedback rather than share any compliments.

phantom_opera
05-05-12, 14:55
that's why if for own stay .. open your eyes wide wide to see whether you are ok with the mgmt + the crowd at the pool

I heard of construction workers jumping into public pools ... they never shower after work :scared-4:

Sleepyhead
05-05-12, 14:55
But prices still sky high for Makena despite poor reviews, bad management and ageing facilities..

There must still be a lot of demand for it.. Freehold, Sea views, MRT coming up nearby, and prices less than the new developments nearby.

Wild Falcon
05-05-12, 14:58
Indian invasion. They will pay a premium to invade a condo to mix around with their own type. Same hygiene level, same taste in perfume, same culture etc. I think Meyer Road and Tg Rhu condos are the most overvalued if not for Indian invasion.

But prices still sky high for Makena despite poor reviews, bad management and ageing facilities..

There must still be a lot of demand for it.. Freehold, Sea views, MRT coming up nearby, and prices less than the new developments nearby.

august
05-05-12, 15:01
is a good area but i would avoid, and i quote one of the reviews, "Many residents have no experience of being outside their home country and behave with appalling consideration for others with regard to their habits". :rolleyes:

carbuncle
05-05-12, 15:03
that's why if for own stay .. open your eyes wide wide to see whether you are ok with the mgmt + the crowd at the pool

I heard of construction workers jumping into public pools ... they never shower after work :scared-4:
So? I have seen countless times in my condo the PRC just walk out from their pool side unit in the morning after wake up and straight into the pool without prior showering...

august
05-05-12, 15:04
So? I have seen countless times in my condo the PRC just walk out from their pool side unit in the morning after wake up and straight into the pool without prior showering...

angmors do that too. :tongue3:

Sleepyhead
05-05-12, 15:06
OMG! Which condos are you guys in? :scared-4: :scared-4:

carbuncle
05-05-12, 15:19
angmors do that too. :tongue3:
There was one day where the pool filtration stopped working. In any given day, there are couples who swim late into the night god knows what they do in it, party of kids who play jump in and out of the water and ball games kicking around hitting the pool side units glass etc without a single word of lecture from the adult caregiver at the side, pinoys who enter the pool fully clothed in tshirt and shorts, locals who dont shower before and after oiling themselves suntanning and jump in, only shower before going back to save water, so that very day after the water became green color and murky and oily... With algae and debris here and there. Plus a foul smell. Just one day...

radha08
05-05-12, 15:27
seriously a LOT of these BIG condos turn out to be an enclave of sorts...the cina condo will attract cinamen...the pinoy condos attract the pinoys and the indian condos attract the abnn.....thank GOD HDB got racial quota ruling otherwise will also breed all this kind of nonsense..:(...seriously recently i went to view apt in SIMEI green was REALLY put off by the crowd at the poolside and playground.....now i seriously beginning to feel like staying back in HDB and buy PC as investment to rent to these clowns...:cheers1:

radha08
05-05-12, 15:29
of course other bros may have better experience care to share any GOOD family oriented condo that has 70% singaporean and 30% foreigners...i NOT talking EC but PC.....:rolleyes:

carbuncle
05-05-12, 15:30
Mine has a good mix of all. UNITED NATIONS plus ASEAN black white and all colors in between. Not sure if I should be happy or sad...

carbuncle
05-05-12, 15:33
of course other bros may have better experience care to share any GOOD family oriented condo that has 70% singaporean and 30% foreigners...i NOT talking EC but PC.....:rolleyes:
Usually far flung from mrt and set amidst HDB. Hmmm. Sounds like oxymoron. HDB means sure got some mrt nearby. Means dont have lor...

radha08
05-05-12, 15:37
Mine has a good mix of all. UNITED NATIONS plus ASEAN black white and all colors in between. Not sure if I should be happy or sad...

UNITED NATIONS definately better than SINGLE nation...:eek:

mkl22
05-05-12, 16:29
Everything will be old soon or later. It might all fine and dandy when you buy it. It can easily turn into a slump in a few years. I remember makena was still alright about 10 years back before it was invaded. So in the end its your luck

Sleepyhead
05-05-12, 16:32
So are you all saying don't buy Makena?

Even though it has a lot going for it?

FH, MRT, sea views, high rental yields, cheaper than nearby developments....

sh
05-05-12, 16:37
got firesale can consider.:D

wait for major renovations....:2cents:

CP5211
05-05-12, 16:47
There was one day where the pool filtration stopped working. In any given day, there are couples who swim late into the night god knows what they do in it, party of kids who play jump in and out of the water and ball games kicking around hitting the pool side units glass etc without a single word of lecture from the adult caregiver at the side, pinoys who enter the pool fully clothed in tshirt and shorts, locals who dont shower before and after oiling themselves suntanning and jump in, only shower before going back to save water, so that very day after the water became green color and murky and oily... With algae and debris here and there. Plus a foul smell. Just one day...
Hi caruncle, care to share which condo you staying?

minority
05-05-12, 16:57

Did they do that in their white crocodile underwear?

maisonjai
05-05-12, 17:32
Did they do that in their white crocodile underwear?
I tot is 囍 type?

fiat500
05-05-12, 17:53
aiyah..singaporeans just as bad lah! u reckon our locals are very well behaved or well cultured? we singaporeans also have our downside with many bad habits n bad behaviour also..:scared-1:

carbuncle
05-05-12, 17:57
Hi caruncle, care to share which condo you staying?

After all that said u think i dare to reveal ma.?? Dun wanna spoilt market for landlords and sellers.

carbuncle
05-05-12, 17:59
I tot is 囍 type?

should be panda brand

carbuncle
05-05-12, 18:00
aiyah..singaporeans just as bad lah! u reckon our locals are very well behaved or well cultured? we singaporeans also have our downside with many bad habits n bad behaviour also..:scared-1:

Ya my desc got incl locals. I m fair.

DKSG
05-05-12, 18:38
Ya my desc got incl locals. I m fair.

Stay in condos with many ang mo expats still the best.
They are friendly and considerate.

Sometimes one cent money one cent value.

I will STRONGLY advise people who are buying for own stay to take a looooong time to see and feel the condo first before committing. Else u are just committing suicide!

For me, before I bought this current condo, I spent nearly 6 months, view many units, stay at the poolside for 1-2 hours, see who are the residents here, before deciding to buy.

Dont just because neightbouring condo sell $1,200, this one sell for $1,050, you quickly grab. This theory doesnt work for PCs!

DKSG

carbuncle
05-05-12, 18:50

I will STRONGLY advise people who are buying for own stay to take a looooong time to see and feel the condo first before committing. Else u are just committing suicide!

For me, before I bought this current condo, I spent nearly 6 months, view many units, stay at the poolside for 1-2 hours, see who are the residents here, before deciding to buy.

Dont just because neightbouring condo sell $1,200, this one sell for $1,050, you quickly grab. This theory doesnt work for PCs!

DKSG

ur advice only work on completed properties. if buy new launch?

teddybear
05-05-12, 18:50
Wah, golden words here! :cheers3:
Not only buy for own stay, even if you want to invest also better check as though buy for own stay, otherwise may not be able to rent out.

DKSG

teddybear
05-05-12, 18:52
Then don't buy new launch lor, lol! :D

CP5211
05-05-12, 18:59
After all that said u think i dare to reveal ma.?? Dun wanna spoilt market for landlords and sellers.
Caruncle, please forgive me for asking:doh:

CP5211
05-05-12, 19:30

DKSG
Is the situation better at those boutique condos since there are lesser units?

carbuncle
05-05-12, 20:38
No worries cheers

carbuncle
05-05-12, 20:39
Is the situation better at those boutique condos since there are lesser units?
Mine is less than 100 units. Go figure...

Laguna
05-05-12, 20:52
I caught 3 angmo, 1 man and 2 women swimming and walked naked in my condo at 3:30am 2 nites ago.

buttercarp
05-05-12, 21:01
I caught 3 angmo, 1 man and 2 women swimming and walked naked in my condo at 3:30am 2 nites ago.
OMG...... Did you call the mata?

Laguna
05-05-12, 21:03
OMG...... Did you call the mata?

I wanted to take picture with flash, and upload to uTube, but was too slow to catch the action.

The guard shy away lah!

buttercarp
05-05-12, 21:07
I wanted to take picture with flash, and upload to uTube, but was too slow to catch the action.

The guard shy away lah!

Aiya..... Otherwise can post on stomp website.
Btw.... Why u at the pool in the dead of the nite?:p

Laguna
05-05-12, 21:15
Aiya..... Otherwise can post on stomp website.
Btw.... Why u at the pool in the dead of the nite?:p

aiyo, they talked so loud and I am a light sleeper

carbuncle
05-05-12, 21:29
Dont tell me you stay Laguna Park....

radha08
05-05-12, 21:40

DKSG

thumbs up....thats the way it should be done...:D

radha08
05-05-12, 21:42

haha CAR-UNCLE thats cute...:D

radha08
05-05-12, 21:44
Dont tell me you stay Laguna Park....

maybe laguna 88..:spliff:

buttercarp
05-05-12, 22:06
haha CAR-UNCLE thats cute...:D

Actually carbuncle n caruncle are almost the same thing.
Carbuncle is boil.
Caruncle is some abnormal skin structure or appendage.

howgozit
05-05-12, 22:16

Hmmm..... sounds like pool view is a vital aaset in your condo

radha08
05-05-12, 22:19

depend on the quality of ang mo la...OLD lady...value drop...:scared-1::D

lajia
05-05-12, 22:35

haha....wrong. sounds like those ang mo are the assets....:D

kane
05-05-12, 22:37

Probably drunk, why were you up at that hour?

I saw your post liao. Stanby a dslr in future. Can catch moving objects very clearly.

maisonjai
05-05-12, 22:48
wah seh....u should jump into the lift & welcome them at #01.

buttercarp
05-05-12, 23:01
aiyo, they talked so loud and I am a light sleeper

Btw.... r u staying on the ground floor?

Your newly acquired contentious ground floor unit, the one you potentially taking a case against the developer ?

minority
05-05-12, 23:31
this is meyer.. as long the project is those with large compound. its like that.

DKSG
06-05-12, 00:39

If buy new launch, then have to use your experience to extrapolate the residents when TOP lor!

This one I cant write out the formula, it has to be based on experience.

Office Boy seen more than 500 condos, so acquired half the skills to extrapolate who will be staying there after TOP. hahaha!

So, get moving ! Go to the showflats !

DKSG

Laguna
06-05-12, 09:40
I stay at the East, not Laguna Park or Laguna 88, and not the unit I just collected the keys.

I stay at a low floor unit, with very good pool view. I love the pools here especially I swim a lot and do lots of aqua-gym.

carbuncle
06-05-12, 11:54
If buy new launch, then have to use your experience to extrapolate the residents when TOP lor!

This one I cant write out the formula, it has to be based on experience.

Office Boy seen more than 500 condos, so acquired half the skills to extrapolate who will be staying there after TOP. hahaha!

So, get moving ! Go to the showflats !

DKSG
Ok... Then I ask you. Punggol new launches like Watertown and ATT, what mix? How about Pasir Ris Ripple Bay and Sea Esta and Sea Strand? Upp Serangoon those MM like Presto, Vibes, Promenade? 8@Woodleigh? St Mikes area? Thanks

price
06-05-12, 12:11
Ok... Then I ask you. Punggol new launches like Watertown and ATT, what mix? How about Pasir Ris Ripple Bay and Sea Esta and Sea Strand? Upp Serangoon those MM like Presto, Vibes, Promenade? 8@Woodleigh? St Mikes area? Thanks

Bro, dont understand ur question. Are u asking how should we approach when considering such projects u've listed?

howgozit
06-05-12, 12:26
Bro, dont understand ur question. Are u asking how should we approach when considering such projects u've listed?

Yah hor.... what's the question?:confused:

carbuncle
06-05-12, 12:35
No....!!!!! Asking him to extrapolate on the potential demographic staying once those projects TOP!!!!! Aiyo

Laguna
06-05-12, 12:39
Insider's news
House caught fire without a fire insurance policy

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_795623.html

carbuncle
06-05-12, 12:43
Insider's news
House caught fire without a fire insurance policy

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_795623.html
Child looked rather dark... Skinned. Is it the soot or...

price
06-05-12, 12:44
No....!!!!! Asking him to extrapolate on the potential demographic staying once those projects TOP!!!!! Aiyo
ahaa i see, shall see his thoughts!

DKSG
06-05-12, 14:33

I will pick one of these to answer you ok ?

Watertown ba!

Watertown will be occupied by upgraders from mostly nearby Punggoleans.
These are the better off ones but they cant help showing off their house once they get keys. There will be lotsa kids screaming in the pool during weekends. You will see a certain percentage of people here offering their relatives/close friends to make FULL USE of the facilities since they already paid the maintainence fees.

If you r worried about I from India and C from China, then you can stay calm. There will not be that many Is. Slightly more Cs. But still manageable.

Less than 20% will be for rentals.

DKSG

carbuncle
06-05-12, 14:55

Watertown ba!

These are the better off ones but they cant help showing off their house once they get keys. There will be lotsa kids screaming in the pool during weekends. You will see a certain percentage of people here offering their relatives/close friends to make FULL USE of the facilities since they already paid the maintainence fees.

If you r worried about I from India and C from China, then you can stay calm. There will not be that many Is. Slightly more Cs. But still manageable.

DKSG
Yes I think you are right. Punggolis right? It should be... Like marbles goli wakakakaka

cartman
06-05-12, 14:57

Watertown ba!

DKSG
can share what is your view of reflections? how many % for rentals?

irisng
06-05-12, 15:16

DKSG

Sorry, I'm very curious, the condo guard allows you to go in meh or is it that you are with your agent and your agent really so patient, accompany you at the poolside for 1-2 hrs, waiting for you to make your decision.

buttercarp
06-05-12, 15:27
Child looked rather dark... Skinned. Is it the soot or...

SCDF report said 2 Chinese female and a child.

http://www.scdf.gov.sg/content/scdf_internet/en/general/news/news_releases/2012/fire_at_153_seagullwalk.html

Friday, 4 May 2012Fire at 153 Seagull Walk
At 0816 hrs, SCDF was alerted to a fire in a unit at 153, Seagull Walk. Upon receiving the notification, 1 Fire Engine, 1 Red Rhino, 2 Fire Bikes, 2 Ambulances and 1 Supporting Vehicle were dispatched.

SCDF forces arrived within 7mins. Upon arrival, the fire was well alight in the kitchen area with thick black smoke coming from the unit. SCDF personnel wearing breathing apparatus equipment fought the fire with 2 water jets. The fire was fully extinguished in 15 minutes.

Simultaneously, SCDF fire-fighters used a ladder and rescued a female, Chinese and a child from a window on the third floor and one female Chinese from a room window on second floor. The 2 females, Chinese, were conveyed to Singapore General Hospital and the child was conveyed to Kandang Kerbau Women’s and Children’s Hospital by SCDF ambulance.

The cause of fire is under investigation.

There were a total of 3 casualties. 2 persons were conveyed to Singapore General Hospital and a child was conveyed to Kandang Kerbau Women’s and Children’s Hospital via SCDF ambulances.

The detailed breakdown of those conveyed is as follows:-

1) Female/Chinese/20s
2) Female/Chinese/50s
3) Male/Chinese/ about 1 year old

carbuncle
06-05-12, 15:54
Sorry, I'm very curious, the condo guard allows you to go in meh or is it that you are with your agent and your agent really so patient, accompany you at the poolside for 1-2 hrs, waiting for you to make your decision.
If you tell agent - I wanna walk around and have a feel of the place on my own usually they will just leave you alone and follow up later by call etc. Time is money to them... Only the despo one will follow you around for 1 to 2hrs.

carbuncle
06-05-12, 15:56
SCDF report said 2 Chinese female and a child.

http://www.scdf.gov.sg/content/scdf_internet/en/general/news/news_releases/2012/fire_at_153_seagullwalk.html

Friday, 4 May 2012Fire at 153 Seagull Walk
At 0816 hrs, SCDF was alerted to a fire in a unit at 153, Seagull Walk. Upon receiving the notification, 1 Fire Engine, 1 Red Rhino, 2 Fire Bikes, 2 Ambulances and 1 Supporting Vehicle were dispatched.

SCDF forces arrived within 7mins. Upon arrival, the fire was well alight in the kitchen area with thick black smoke coming from the unit. SCDF personnel wearing breathing apparatus equipment fought the fire with 2 water jets. The fire was fully extinguished in 15 minutes.

Simultaneously, SCDF fire-fighters used a ladder and rescued a female, Chinese and a child from a window on the third floor and one female Chinese from a room window on second floor. The 2 females, Chinese, were conveyed to Singapore General Hospital and the child was conveyed to Kandang Kerbau Women’s and Children’s Hospital by SCDF ambulance.

The cause of fire is under investigation.

There were a total of 3 casualties. 2 persons were conveyed to Singapore General Hospital and a child was conveyed to Kandang Kerbau Women’s and Children’s Hospital via SCDF ambulances.

The detailed breakdown of those conveyed is as follows:-

1) Female/Chinese/20s
2) Female/Chinese/50s
3) Male/Chinese/ about 1 year old
Poor kid. Sooted until... Recently a lot of fire case huh. Sign of overheating in market... From the fengshui sense

buttercarp
06-05-12, 15:57
Poor kid. Sooted until...

This is only the external.
Just hope internally not so much smoke inhaled.

irisng
06-05-12, 18:41
If you tell agent - I wanna walk around and have a feel of the place on my own usually they will just leave you alone and follow up later by call etc. Time is money to them... Only the despo one will follow you around for 1 to 2hrs.

Thanks. Do you mean the agent will leave the condo and let you stay behind on your own. The guard won't query meh if he/she sees you alone at the poolside.

price
06-05-12, 19:02

Watertown ba!

DKSG

Bro, keen to hear ur take on the other part of D19, the serangoon MMs

radha08
06-05-12, 19:11
Thanks. Do you mean the agent will leave the condo and let you stay behind on your own. The guard won't query meh if he/she sees you alone at the poolside.

The only difference between guards and statues is that guards can talk....:D

carbuncle
06-05-12, 21:37

Not usually a problem. Most not that on to keep going on patrol esp during day time.

irisng
06-05-12, 22:16
Not usually a problem. Most not that on to keep going on patrol esp during day time.

Thank you.

radha08
06-05-12, 22:19

ask yourself if you were a security guard what would you do...:D...the answer quite obvious....TAKE COVER...:D:D:D:D:D