million and now it is worth about
$3.5 million. At $1.2 million, I
would be getting a 7 per cent
rental yield.
Source: The Straits Times ©
Singapore Press Holdings Ltd.

carbuncle
06-05-12, 11:13
Lots we can learn from... Esp the part on taking backseat during bull run. Which is now....

DC33_2008
06-05-12, 11:34
Investors are ones that able to detach emotion from investment objectives.

land118
06-05-12, 11:39
Don't quite know why some people like to flaunt their wealth in public...:beats-me-man:

price
06-05-12, 12:08
Don't quite know why some people like to flaunt their wealth in public...:beats-me-man:
These people were approached to be interviewed. They aint flaunting their wealth if thats how u look at it. More of sharing their insights on the Sunday Times Investment section. Whats wrong with that? In that case, successful businessman and investors who writes books etc. are flaunting their wealth as well? Dont sour grape :tongue3:

carbuncle
06-05-12, 12:29
Investors are ones that able to detach emotion from investment objectives.
Ya. When he mentioned "sentimental reasons" in the full report, I -1

smallant
06-05-12, 13:07
Sigh.. Now I understand how these people think .. Got a Indian buyer come to view my place. Was told by agent this one rich Indian ie VP of some Nasdaq listed company, see the place twice, measure here & there etc ! Seems very ibterested but then he bid me a price 20% below last done 1 mth ago.. :mad: :tongue3: Reasons bring I bt low !! Wat crap !! So told the agt off & will not consider any more offers from them. I rather rent out then..
Cheapskate looking for distress sellers ... :-(

land118
06-05-12, 15:23
These people were approached to be interviewed. They aint flaunting their wealth if thats how u look at it. More of sharing their insights on the Sunday Times Investment section. Whats wrong with that? In that case, successful businessman and investors who writes books etc. are flaunting their wealth as well? Dont sour grape :tongue3:
Why should be sour grapes....., perhaps in the coming weeks Sunday Times might feature u...

rattydrama
06-05-12, 15:30
Sigh.. Now I understand how these people think .. Got a Indian buyer come to view my place. Was told by agent this one rich Indian ie VP of some Nasdaq listed company, see the place twice, measure here & there etc ! Seems very ibterested but then he bid me a price 20% below last done 1 mth ago.. :mad: :tongue3: Reasons bring I bt low !! Wat crap !! So told the agt off & will not consider any more offers from them. I rather rent out then..

he can try many times and what he need is just need 1 chance for the seller to give in

hyenergix
06-05-12, 15:36

You could have looked very distressed on that day.

sh
06-05-12, 15:53

Must have taken advice from Mr B. Did he fling cheque in front of you?:D

focus
06-05-12, 16:57

Actually, i think you can liase with the journalist and see whether she is interested in covering your story. It is not about being approached most times.

price
06-05-12, 18:58
Actually, i think you can liase with the journalist and see whether she is interested in covering your story. It is not about being approached most times.
MY story? I'm an ordinary man.