PDA

View Full Version : Staying opposite or on top of Switch room or Transformer room

property_finder
13-05-12, 02:48
How you feel about staying directly opposite or on top of Switch room/Transformer room in apartments and landed property?

How does that affect resale value and occupants' health in the long term?

carbuncle
13-05-12, 03:59
Become Decepticon - more than meets the eye? Wakakaka

DC33_2008
13-05-12, 07:08
How you feel about staying directly opposite or on top of Switch room/Transformer room in apartments and landed property?

Substation will generate magnetic wave which is not good for health. Residents staying near hihg tension cable in UK has sued garment for compensation as they felt sick & some had cancer. There is alo medical evidence.:scared-3:

evergreen
13-05-12, 10:34
Bad Fengshui.

silver023
13-05-12, 11:17
Most people will avoid... so resale value probably not as good as other units

DLiauw
13-05-12, 11:20
You may also get very poor reception on your TV and internet connection.

ysyap
13-05-12, 11:21
Substation will generate magnetic wave which is not good for health. Residents staying near hihg tension cable in UK has sued garment for compensation as they felt sick & some had cancer. There is alo medical evidence.:scared-3:Funny thing is there are medical benefits from magnetic sources too (and so they say)... people buy magnetic beds, wrist bands, etc so here got free magentic waves, not bad wat... Lol... There are actually EM waves all around us anywhere and anytime. :rolleyes:

DC33_2008
13-05-12, 11:24
Question is the intensity. Friend who is a senior director in a research institute said that we are exposed to much waves these day. They can affect our mood too.
Funny thing is there are medical benefits from magnetic sources too (and so they say)... people buy magnetic beds, wrist bands, etc so here got free magentic waves, not bad wat... Lol... There are actually EM waves all around us everywhere and any time. :rolleyes:

ysyap
13-05-12, 11:31
Question is the intensity. Friend who is a senior director in a research institute said that we are exposed to much waves these day. They can affect our mood too.Just talk to your neighbors who stay nearer to the substation and observe if they are happier or sadder! Then you will know! :cheers3:

DC33_2008
13-05-12, 11:36
Just talk to your neighbors who stay nearer to the substation and observe if they are happier or sadder! Then you will know! :cheers3:
Seems to have changed owner. A new unit next to the substation is still unsold after 4 years. What do you think?

land118
13-05-12, 11:37
Personally, best to avoid since much has been written about possible ill effects of health like magnetic waves. Why would anyone if given a choice buy such a unit, just because it is cheaper...?, am sure if can afford to buy, why stink on the small saving. Also most of these units are on low floors, some odd corners of the block.:2cents:

http://www.fengshuimasters.org/index.php?id=22,73,0,0,1,0

Extract:

"5. Houses close to a power generator station or substation, utility pole transformer, high tension wires, airport radar or a nuclear power plant.
An electro-magnetic field in close proximity to human bodies is highly detrimental. Health problems will be related to the immune, hormonal or nervous systems. The question here is, "how close is too close?" Twenty-five yards to fifty yards is probably too close to a transformer can on a utility pole. One hundred to two hundred yards is possibly far enough away from an electric power generating substation. While a mile to two miles might be sufficient to avoid the harmful effects of an airport's radar doppler emanations, within fifty miles is probably too close to a nuclear power plant."

ysyap
13-05-12, 11:39
Seems to have changed owner. A new unit next to the substation is still unsold after 4 years. What do you think?I had the opportunity to get a unit from the stack beside the substation in my condo but decided not to and ended up with a bigger unit coz no other choice. However, never regretted having a bigger unit coz noticed most units these days for new launches are shrinking to a ridiculous level! :scared-4:

DC33_2008
13-05-12, 11:41
I am referring to landed property.
I had the opportunity to get a unit from the stack beside the substation in my condo but decided not to and ended up with a bigger unit coz no other choice. However, never regretted having a bigger unit coz noticed most units these days for new launches are shrinking to a ridiculous level! :scared-4:

PN
13-05-12, 11:46
This is not to scare you guys but more for information sharing.

There were studies which show that low frequency noises is attributed to ghost sighting.

I saw it on TV sometimes back (I think it's discovery channel) where some researchers investigate a haunted house. They concluded it's the railway station nearby. When trains passed by, they caused some low frequency noises. It resonates at a certain frequency in the room and causes the people living in it to hear some strange noise and the feel the house is haunted.

A even more interesting thing is someone has created a hi-intensity low frequency equipment which can be used as a weapon by directing it at the direction of the enemies many kilometer away. It affects their human organ and heart and can kill the enemies. Scary.

ysyap
13-05-12, 11:47
I am referring to landed property.Well, the substation in landed property is generally further away from the residential homes so slightly safer? The substation at my parent's place is located in the park, at least 2 car lanes away from the nearest housing unit. The substation in most PC may be directly below a unit or just a padestrian path width away...

ysyap
13-05-12, 11:49

There were studies which show that low frequency noises is attributed to ghost sighting.

I saw it on TV sometimes back (I think it's discovery channel) where some researchers investigate a haunted house. They concluded it's the railway station nearby that caused some low frequency noises. It resonates at a certain frequency in the room and causes the people living in it to hear some strange noise and the feel the house is haunted.

A even more interesting thing is someone has created a hi-intensity low frequency equipment which can be used as a weapon by directing it at the direction of the enemies many kilometer away. It affects their human organ and heart and can kill the enemies. Scary.ATT owners, are you reading this? :p

roly8
13-05-12, 11:51

how big is this switch room/transformer room?

property_finder
13-05-12, 12:11
how big is this switch room/transformer room?

For some PC and MM projects I have seen, the size of the switch/transformer rooms can be the equavalent of 5-6 units. The smaller the project, the more acute the problem is, as units are more compact and nearer to each other.

Usually, the units directly on top or facing switch/transformer rooms at levels 2 and 3 were left unsold weeks after launch.

roly8
13-05-12, 12:54
For some PC and MM projects I have seen, the size of the switch/transformer rooms can be the equavalent of 5-6 units. The smaller the project, the more acute the problem is, as units are more compact and nearer to each other.

Usually, the units directly on top or facing switch/transformer rooms at levels 2 and 3 were left unsold weeks after launch.
holy fark! :scared-4::scared-4:

thanks for the warning...

i think i will just skip those small boutique condo

ysyap
13-05-12, 13:21

Usually, the units directly on top or facing switch/transformer rooms at levels 2 and 3 were left unsold weeks after launch.Yup the size of the transformer room cannot be compromised, depending on the number of units in the development. However, if the residential units are small to begin with, then surely each transformer room will be equivalent to 5 units or more. But if the residential unit is bigger, then each transformer unit may well be just equivalent to 1 single unit! :cool:

Allthepies
13-05-12, 13:35
Handphone signal, wifi are all around us. No escaping from the eventual effects. :D

property_finder
13-05-12, 13:35
I gather from the responses in this thread that units on top or opposite tranformer/switch rooms are generally not favoured due to potential health problems, Fengshui issues, and resale value, etc.

carbuncle
13-05-12, 13:36

I saw it on TV sometimes back (I think it's discovery channel) where some researchers investigate a haunted house. They concluded it's the railway station nearby. When trains passed by, they caused some low frequency noises. It resonates at a certain frequency in the room and causes the people living in it to hear some strange noise and the feel the house is haunted.

A even more interesting thing is someone has created a hi-intensity low frequency equipment which can be used as a weapon by directing it at the direction of the enemies many kilometer away. It affects their human organ and heart and can kill the enemies. Scary.
Trained sound engineer here. Indeed a lecturer (ang mo) who worked in Africa before said that low frequency sonic weapons were indeed produced. Low frequency at a certain intensity can actually rupture human organs. So next time go clubbing dont geh kiang stand next to the subwoofer and shiok shiok enjoy or act cool....

carbuncle
13-05-12, 13:40
Question is the intensity. Friend who is a senior director in a research institute said that we are exposed to much waves these day. They can affect our mood too.
No wonder when my bf fire up grindr on his iphone my mood turned foul....

carbuncle
13-05-12, 13:44
Seems to have changed owner. A new unit next to the substation is still unsold after 4 years. What do you think?
Then buyers of Hillsta how?? Doomed to die within few years stay?

rattydrama
13-05-12, 15:22
Handphone signal, wifi are all around us. No escaping from the eventual effects. :D

what about if switch to fibre optic, no more using wifi, does it makes a difference?

ysyap
13-05-12, 15:34
what about if switch to fibre optic, no more using wifi, does it makes a difference?Wifi uses radio waves which is an EM wave. Waves from the substation is generally from the transformer which is magnetic in nature. Magnetic wave is not an EM wave lah. :)

carbuncle
13-05-12, 16:38
Wifi uses radio waves which is an EM wave. Waves from the substation is generally from the transformer which is magnetic in nature. Magnetic wave is not an EM wave lah. :)

the water in your pot magnetic water if u stay beside. very good....

Allthepies
13-05-12, 17:37
what about if switch to fibre optic, no more using wifi, does it makes a difference?
it should help, must persuade ur neighbours too.

Allthepies
13-05-12, 18:01
Wifi uses radio waves which is an EM wave. Waves from the substation is generally from the transformer which is magnetic in nature. Magnetic wave is not an EM wave lah. :)
EM wave, also known as electro-magnetic wave, consist of an electric field and a magnetic field that is vibrating orthgonal to each other and orthogonal to the direction of propagation of the wave.this is what i rem from school, not sure about magnetic field from transformer,but em wave itself consists of both electric and magnetic component.

buttercarp
13-05-12, 18:13
Is household shelter impermeable to electromagnetic waves?