PDA

View Full Version : Braddell view to be privatised?

mkl22
14-05-12, 22:31
New parliament bill to be passed to allow braddell view to be privatised? Anyway even after privatisation I doubt it will ever get enbloced. It probably be the largest condo in terms of land size in Singapore if privatised. Which developer can swallow such a huge plot?

I grew up in braddell view and it was a nice environment then. Not sure about now, but heard that its deteriorating quite badly. I have not been back there is years. Probably should pop by to take a look.

pengful
14-05-12, 22:46
Some developments are best left to the govt to take care.

price
15-05-12, 07:44
New parliament bill to be passed to allow braddell view to be privatised? Anyway even after privatisation I doubt it will ever get enbloced. It probably be the largest condo in terms of land size in Singapore if privatised. Which developer can swallow such a huge plot?

I grew up in braddell view and it was a nice environment then. Not sure about now, but heard that its deteriorating quite badly. I have not been back there is years. Probably should pop by to take a look.

how big is that land? bigger than d'Leedon(ex Farrer Court)/The Minton (ex Minton rise)?

chiaberry
15-05-12, 08:54
A better bet for en bloc would be Lake view. I haven't been in any of the units but they should have fantastic views of the reservoir and also within a reasonable distance to Marymount MRT. Smaller plot of land.

You can look on onemap.sg and use the measuring tool to estimate the plot size. Plot ratios are available on URA website.

As I mentioned before, there are quite a few high plot ratio pieces of land around Caldecott MRT (near Bradell View). And developers might prefer to wait for these to be released in GLS as they would cost less to develop rather than the huge plot of Bradell. Huge plots have not done well lately (eg D'Leedon, Interlace).

Now the link between Toa Payoh and Thomson Road is open to traffic. One day the plots around Caldecott will be released. It is only a matter of time. The entrance/exit to NS Expressway is around there too so there is some potential in that area as it is very central and you can get anywhere in Singapore easily (even now before the NSE it is a very easy access to the PIE).

Laguna
15-05-12, 09:09
Braddell View : area is slightly more than 1m sq ft, about the size of Mandarin Garden.

Lakeview : has alr built up to the max of the plot ratio.

Both projects : Very difficult to enbloc.

chiaberry
15-05-12, 09:12
How about Shunfu? Right next to Marymount MRT.

mkl22
15-05-12, 11:25
braddell view has more than 1000 units? i know each of the 25 storey blocks have 96 units, so 8 blocks is 768. the rest of the shorter units will make up 200+...? anyway, like Laguna said, very difficult. I would say almost impossible.
there is also a plot of land north of the estate, that was cleared in the mid 80s, but nothing was ever built there. still wondering to this day, why they bothered to clear the land and no development was done and in the end the jungle grew back.

Kelonguni
15-05-12, 11:42
braddell view has more than 1000 units? i know each of the 25 storey blocks have 96 units, so 8 blocks is 768. the rest of the shorter units will make up 200+...? anyway, like Laguna said, very difficult. I would say almost impossible.
there is also a plot of land north of the estate, that was cleared in the mid 80s, but nothing was ever built there. still wondering to this day, why they bothered to clear the land and no development was done and in the end the jungle grew back.

Could developers work with partial en bloc? As in only take some blocks? Or the whole patch must go?

I think it depends on pricing also. Some developers could work hand in hand to en bloc large areas.

Laguna
15-05-12, 11:44
How about Shunfu? Right next to Marymount MRT.

I think Shunfu has yet to be fully privatised.
They will start the enbloc processes once fully privatised.

EunosVille has been fully privatised and Sale Com been formed. I think this one has a better potential than Shunfu.

TravieJackie
27-02-13, 16:58
Lakeview indeed has very nice view and facing. All north south facing I think.

smellyfish
27-02-13, 17:15
i think after Capitaland's near fiasco with Farrer Court, where they seem headed to lose money, the big developer would really think thrice before embarking on another mega enbloc

and under current rules, let alone market sentiments, it would be quite difficult to pull off mega enblocs