PDA

View Full Version : 10 reasons why i do not like mm !!..

ikan bilis
26-05-12, 18:36
this forum is getting more and more boring !!... :sleep:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 reasons why i do not like mm !!..
1) too cramped, too suffocating to me, i cannot breath
2) high psf of >1000psf, distorting the property market and indices, and feeding developers fat fat only.
3) cheapskate and cutting corners unit: open concept kitchen, no yard, cannot fit in another small writing desk
4) east/west facing units will have direct sunlight to every corner of mm (except toilet, ofcoz)
5) condo estate usually has less facilities, no security guard
6) wasting precious land; this one crapland's boss said one
7) no bottom/support for price under adverse condition, might free fall haha... (2/3bdr condo will have price support from 4/5 rm hdb)
8) encouraging singlehood, or couples to be childless; to me, mm is only good for one night stand...
9) there are better ways to part my $$: shop/office/industrial space, blue chip shares or Reits
10) you people keep doing that mickeymouse-talk and making this forum very sianz....

i only said i do not like mm hor, never ask you not to buy... so don;t flame me !!...

:rolleyes: ;) ...

pengful
26-05-12, 19:19
I agree with your point 2.

Kelonguni
26-05-12, 20:50
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) too cramped, too suffocating to me, i cannot breath
2) high psf of >1000psf, distorting the property market and indices, and feeding developers fat fat only.
3) cheapskate and cutting corners unit: open concept kitchen, no yard, cannot fit in another small writing desk
4) east/west facing units will have direct sunlight to every corner of mm (except toilet, ofcoz)
5) condo estate usually has less facilities, no security guard
6) wasting precious land; this one crapland's boss said one
7) no bottom/support for price under adverse condition, might free fall haha... (2/3bdr condo will have price support from 4/5 rm hdb)
8) encouraging singlehood, or couples to be childless; to me, mm is only good for one night stand...
9) there are better ways to part my $$: shop/office/industrial space, blue chip shares or Reits
10) you people keep doing that mickeymouse-talk and making this forum very sianz....

i only said i do not like mm hor, never ask you not to buy... so don;t flame me !!...

:rolleyes: ;) ...

No flame, own opinion.

"The ikan bilis is small but all its organs are present."

jwong71
26-05-12, 21:15
Liked point 9, holding to some.

Enuff balance to buy 2 MM even with 60% ltv at work, but Bo keen.

Simply I don't get it, only devil plate get it cos he know my returns of my stalls and shphse. Yawnzzzzz

radha08
26-05-12, 22:26
totally agree with point no 10...:cool:

Allthepies
27-05-12, 11:59
people buy mm becos of affordability? tat why kbw says many have hdb address? dont flame me, just my 1cent analysis.

phantom_opera
27-05-12, 12:57
I for one think MM is a new lifestyle choice for the following:

Small family with baby and one kid
Husband working salary at least 8k pm
Stay home mum cook only dinner
Rent out hdb so family income more than 10k
No maid no car
Want to eat decent breakfast n lunch within walking distance or max 15m mrt ride so living next to or on top of mrt is ideal
Near office
Near parent
Near museum, arts center, events
Near cafes, organic food suppliers

Need to say more?

ysyap
27-05-12, 13:45
I for one think MM is a new lifestyle choice for the following:

Small family with baby and one kid
Husband working salary at least 8k pm
Stay home mum cook only dinner
Rent out hdb so family income more than 10k
No maid no car
Want to eat decent breakfast n lunch within walking distance or max 15m mrt ride so living next to or on top of mrt is ideal
Near office
Near parent
Near museum, arts center, events
Near cafes, organic food suppliers

Need to say more?Like you rightly pointed out. Families which are larger than 3 members simply cannot put up in a MM... unthinkable. Also, not good for cooking even if its just for dinner. The smoke fumes simply overwhelms the entire unit unless cooking is strictly restricted to microwave and steaming... :sleep:

roly8
27-05-12, 13:49
been living in a 980sqft 4rm hdb for my 30 yr of life..

i cannot tahan < 500sqft shoebox

got probia also :scared-3:

:simmering:

phantom_opera
27-05-12, 13:57
You will be surprised how many are not having children and one kid is the norm for couple at 40y old

I have seen gays buying Mm too, two unmarried spr singles too

irisng
27-05-12, 17:18
You will be surprised how many are not having children and one kid is the norm for couple at 40y old

Ya, I have a few friends who are not married. Most of them are already in their 50s and I know of a couple who is a retired lawyer and retired senior lecturers, they have no children and are staying in a 3 rooms HDB flat.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
27-05-12, 18:44

who call me??? :ashamed1: :D

ikan bilis
27-05-12, 19:30
who call me??? :ashamed1: :D

Oooii !!... hello !!...
you had been trying to find out who are the bachelor guys owning >1 mm here...
were you trying to find out who your competitors are ??.. or were you looking for your "comrades" here ??... looking for a "marrying partner" here ??...

:D

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
27-05-12, 19:39
Oooii !!... hello !!...
you had been trying to find out who are the bachelor guys owning >1 mm here...
were you trying to find out who your competitors are ??.. or were you looking for your "comrades" here ??... looking for a "marrying partner" here ??...

:D

ikan bro dun liddat la.... ok.... :ashamed1: :ashamed1: :ashamed1:

u bad... disturb me all the time

p3nboy
28-05-12, 10:07
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I kie chiew! can try on kitchen top, sofa, bathroom, desk top, balcony....:D

Shoeboxsupporter
28-05-12, 10:43
10 reasons why I like MM : -

1) Space is consider good and optimize for me, not too small and not too luxurious, I don't need big space ....
2) Price is affordable.....I don mind how much developer earn fat fat ........as long as I can get what I want.........
3) Easy to tidy, I don need to spend too much time to tidy it up......save cleaning time and don need any maid........
4) For MM, is as good as 4 or 5 star hotel room, since I have no problem stay at 5 star hotel for almost a year when on business trip, I don see any problem with MM
5) MM unit have pool, gym, and gated and guarded, I feel more relax and secure
6) Maintenance Cost is low - Since maintenance fees are based on the total square feet ......low electricity, low aircond, low low low....
7) Allow me to live with less of everything - simplicity & economy- I don like to own too much thing, other than basic necessity///

8) I can try out different design easily whenever I feel like to do it......
9) I have valid reason to reject any guests who try to tumpang sleep for a nights of 2 or 3
10) I can enjoy privacy while still stay close to family..........

Again, this is my personal view, MM lovers, let us :cheers4:

Komo
28-05-12, 10:48
different phase of your like need different house:D

phantom_opera
28-05-12, 11:25
http://www.sumisura.asia/asset/gallery/waterfrontgold/1.jpg

http://www.sumisura.asia/asset/gallery/waterfrontgold/5.jpg

http://www.sumisura.asia/asset/gallery/waterfrontgold/2.jpg

Su Misura ... Like

zeamybro
28-05-12, 11:56
Su Misura ... Like

Wow, super like the mini island in the last photo .. am thinking of erecting one for my upcoming unit ...

ikan bilis
28-05-12, 12:19

1) Space is consider good and optimize for me, not too small and not too luxurious, I don't need big space ....
2) Price is affordable.....I don mind how much developer earn fat fat ........as long as I can get what I want.........
3) Easy to tidy, I don need to spend too much time to tidy it up......save cleaning time and don need any maid........
4) For MM, is as good as 4 or 5 star hotel room, since I have no problem stay at 5 star hotel for almost a year when on business trip, I don see any problem with MM
6) Maintenance Cost is low - Since maintenance fees are based on the total square feet ......low electricity, low aircond, low low low....
7) Allow me to live with less of everything - simplicity & economy- I don like to own too much thing, other than basic necessity///

9) I have valid reason to reject any guests who try to tumpang sleep for a nights of 2 or 3

haha... :cheers4:

Akira Fudou
28-05-12, 12:41
Affordability is still the main reason, the rest is just to support your main reason.

Unless you tell me you will choose to buy a MM instead of a 2 bedder, with everything else remain the same, including the price. Just an extreme example.

At least thats my case. I have been staying in 4/5 rooms HDB all these while, but frankly speaking, i hardly venture into my parents and sister's room. Its always my room, living and kitchen. So basically, its just the 500sqft i really need.

hopeful
28-05-12, 13:12
..............frankly speaking, i hardly venture into my parents and sister's room. Its always my room, living and kitchen. So basically, its just the 500sqft i really need.

I cannot think of any good reason why you should go to your sister's room often if you are of the opposite gender, unless for some nefarious purposes.

Akira Fudou
28-05-12, 15:28
Of cos not when shes not around, but we do have some heart to heart talk once in a while... Im not sure why your thinking is so screwed. Then again, thats y i mentioned i hardly go into their rooms. So what if you are staying in a 1000sqft hse when you bascially cover only half of it? Its just a mindset thing.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
28-05-12, 15:52
Wow, super like the mini island in the last photo .. am thinking of erecting one for my upcoming unit ...

Nice to see but horrid to use... how to stretch your legs sia...

BTW why is the sofa 毛毛的?

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
28-05-12, 15:54
Of cos not when shes not around, but we do have some heart to heart talk once in a while... Im not sure why your thinking is so screwed. Then again, thats y i mentioned i hardly go into their rooms. So what if you are staying in a 1000sqft hse when you bascially cover only half of it? Its just a mindset thing.

When I was young me and sibling always play hide and seek in all corners of the house... haha... so we do 'utilize' the whole house.

But grown up, well, bedroom, dining, kitchen, living, toilet.

Kelonguni
28-05-12, 18:50

Like all your points from 1-10!

From point 2: Why pay for space you don't need? People from the new generations need much less space from people of yesteryears. Save the $ for lavish furnishings. Install 3 Plasma TVs on the wall to display sky view / sea view / green view if you just want to look at pretty space. Or plaster the wall with pretty wallpapers you can change with the season.

Govt win, developer win, we as buyers win. Even tenants looking for privacy and not so pricey apartments win.

Saving the money allows you to go for restaurant food every day if you so choose; allows you to save electricity from aircon to use on washer-dryer - no more bother about how and where to hang clothes.

irisng
28-05-12, 20:53
Affordability is still the main reason, the rest is just to support your main reason.

Unless you tell me you will choose to buy a MM instead of a 2 bedder, with everything else remain the same, including the price. Just an extreme example.

At least thats my case. I have been staying in 4/5 rooms HDB all these while, but frankly speaking, i hardly venture into my parents and sister's room. Its always my room, living and kitchen. So basically, its just the 500sqft i really need.

Your case reminds me of my time when I was still single staying with my parents in a 2 bedroom rented HDB flat. My brother, sister-in-law and their 2 daughters occupies the one and only bedroom. My father made use of part of the living hall to build another "so-called" bedroom for my mother and I. This "bedroom" can only put one single double-decker bed and a small cupboard. The "bedroom" was so small that when we entered the room, we could go straight to our bed without wasting our "leg energy", haha.:D Funny is, I had been living there for >20 yrs and never complain that the place was small, maybe the space was just nice for me, I only need a chair to sit and watched TV, a bed to sleep, a table for my meals and school homework (when I was still schooling), a toilet to do my daily "routine", kitchen was not so important to me at that time because my parents did all the cooking.:D

zeamybro
28-05-12, 21:09
Your case reminds me of my time when I was still single staying with my parents in a 2 bedroom rented HDB flat. My brother, sister-in-law and their 2 daughters occupies the one and only bedroom. My father made use of part of the living hall to build another "so-called" bedroom for my mother and I. This "bedroom" can only put one single double-decker bed and a small cupboard. The "bedroom" was so small that when we entered the room, we could go straight to our bed without wasting our "leg energy", haha.:D Funny is, I had been living there for >20 yrs and never complain that the place was small, maybe the space was just nice for me, I only need a chair to sit and watched TV, a bed to sleep, a table for my meals and school homework (when I was still schooling), a toilet to do my daily "routine", kitchen was not so important to me at that time because my parents did all the cooking.:D

Iris sis, thanks for sharing your story, very heart-warming and sincere post :ashamed1:

ccsee
28-05-12, 21:10
HDB studio apt is around 35-45sqm which is around 400-500sqft as well...
Good for retirement, good for easy maintenance plus with condo facilities..:cheers6:

evergreen
28-05-12, 21:10
Good for retirement, good for easy maintenance plus with condo facilities..:cheers6:

I thought you mean HDB studio have facilities. Actually, they do... have special emergency system to alert neighbours if they need help.

I M N MM Lover :cheers4:

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
28-05-12, 21:21
Iris sis, thanks for sharing your story, very heart-warming and sincere post :ashamed1:

we all been thru the squeeze.

先苦后甜
先哭后舔
知子莫若父
知甜莫若苦

irisng
28-05-12, 21:29

Thanks.:ashamed1: :ashamed1: :ashamed1:

irisng
28-05-12, 21:31

Can we find the HDB studio apt in current resale market?

Jonathan0503
29-05-12, 09:06
Can we find the HDB studio apt in current resale market?

Think you can't sell these studio apt in the resale market.

Can only sell back to HDB

hopeful
29-05-12, 10:25
....... 2 bedroom rented HDB flat. My brother, sister-in-law and their 2 daughters occupies the one and only bedroom. My father made use of part of the living hall to build another "so-called" bedroom for my mother and I. This "bedroom" can only put one single double-decker bed and a small cupboard. .......:D

so where did your father sleep?

sorry to bring back sad memories, is this the same HDB flat where your dad passed away after cooking ?

irisng
29-05-12, 12:30
so where did your father sleep?

sorry to bring back sad memories, is this the same HDB flat where your dad passed away after cooking ?

Is okay. My father laid a mattress on the floor at the living hall and slept there. It was the same HDB flat that he left us, without any words left behind.

irisng
29-05-12, 12:31
Think you can't sell these studio apt in the resale market.

Can only sell back to HDB

Oh, so we have no chance to buy HDB studio apartments already unless we sell away our pte ppty.

Shoeboxsupporter
29-05-12, 13:14
Like all your points from 1-10!

Install 3 Plasma TVs on the wall to display sky view / sea view / green view if you just want to look at pretty space. .

Install 4 LCD Monitor on the wall and 1 at ceiling, save money on wall ICI Dulux paint, choose any color you like from your PC whenever you like .......:47:

Shoeboxsupporter
29-05-12, 13:16
I thought you mean HDB studio have facilities. Actually, they do... have special emergency system to alert neighbours if they need help.

I M N MM Lover :cheers4:

I M N MM Lover who like M&M :cheers4:

hopeful
29-05-12, 13:42
Is okay. My father laid a mattress on the floor at the living hall and slept there. It was the same HDB flat that he left us, without any words left behind.

That's good of your father.
family friends and relatives didnt advise you like the father, son and donkey story?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_miller,_his_son_and_the_donkey

Blue
29-05-12, 17:01
MM definition differs for different pple. To me, even a 2bedder is considered MM. :p

Shoeboxsupporter
29-05-12, 17:49
I ever join Habitat Singapore to build small house in Batam , http://www.habitat.org.sg/batam.html , their house even smaller than our MM......

I realise that all we need just a simple bed and a place call a home........

Blue
29-05-12, 18:05
I ever join Habitat Singapore to build small house in Batam , http://www.habitat.org.sg/batam.html , their house even smaller than our MM......

I realise that all we need just a simple bed and a place call a home........

Still better than the foreign workers' quarters where a few of them share one room. :cheers6:

Blue
29-05-12, 18:24
Anyway, pple buy MMs for various reasons:

1) Better rental yield
2) Lower quantum
3) Store branded goods, cannot declare to husbands
4) Store mistresses, cannot declare to wives

:cheers5:

phantom_opera
29-05-12, 18:26

1) Better rental yield
2) Lower quantum

http://whatsprotocol.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Facebook-celebrates-1st-Birthday-of-Like-Button-via-kshazyrdotblogspotdotcom.jpg

felicia_sg
29-05-12, 19:05
5) Store 'white face', cannot declare to husband.

1) Better rental yield
2) Lower quantum

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
29-05-12, 19:25
5) Store 'white face', cannot declare to husband.

6) Lead a gay life, secret to family
7) Lead a bisexual life, secret to family
8) Lead a cross-dressing life, secret to family
9) Lead a cannibal life, secret to family and friends

There's a reason why most of the brochures call it a 'lifestyle' choice isn't it?

evergreen
29-05-12, 20:41
10) Buy basement unit to convert to a dungeon. Can use or rent to people in that "lifestyle".

ccsee
29-05-12, 20:45
anyone here owning MM and living in, can share photos of your MM?

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
29-05-12, 21:05

You can easily find photos of those that already TOP under listings for RENT in propertyguru;

irisng
29-05-12, 21:42
That's good of your father.
family friends and relatives didnt advise you like the father, son and donkey story?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_miller,_his_son_and_the_donkey

He was a great father. He felt that it was not nice and good for female to sleep at the hall where anybody who passed by can see us, "不雅观". That was the reason why he built another "bedroom". At that time, I was still a young lady, ~~姑娘十八一朵花啊一朵花~~.:p

"Paseh", telling you about my family's story which in fact this is supposed to be a condo forum.:ashamed1:

irisng
29-05-12, 21:48

1) Better rental yield
2) Lower quantum

One more reason is save water :- only 1 pail of water (half-filled) to mop the the whole house.:D

zeamybro
29-05-12, 22:21
One more reason is save water :- only 1 pail of water (half-filled) to mop the the whole house.:D

Can save on buying the pail also... Ppl use pail last time becos far away from water point, but in MM, just turn around u can reach the bath sink or kitchen sink:tongue3:

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
29-05-12, 22:42
Can save on buying the pail also... Ppl use pail last time becos far away from water point, but in MM, just turn around u can reach the bath sink or kitchen sink:tongue3:

I absolutely love that I can just use the shower head to blast spray wash the WC.... lol

irisng
29-05-12, 22:45

Not that close lah:p . You still need to soak your mop with water before you go round the whole house, so pail is still required, cannot save lah. ;) Can save on the electricity when using vacuum cleaner or buy "magic-clean", don't need electricity at all. :cheers4:

zeamybro
29-05-12, 22:55
Not that close lah:p . You still need to soak your mop with water before you go round the whole house, so pail is still required, cannot save lah. ;) Can save on the electricity when using vacuum cleaner or buy "magic-clean", don't need electricity at all. :cheers4:

Oh yes, come to think of it, where to store all the pails, mops and brooms in a MM, esp for those without a yard or kitchen without windows to air them? Balcony?

dtrax
29-05-12, 22:59
Oh yes, come to think of it, where to store all the pails, mops and brooms in a MM, esp for those without a yard or kitchen without windows to air them? Balcony?

MM dun need so many cleaning equipment. No need vaccum, no need mop, juz those floor wiper can riaox, MM style small n simple:

http://common.csnstores.com/common/products/QI/QI1149_l.jpg

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
29-05-12, 23:37

Most of my neighbours place in ac ledge.

fclim
30-05-12, 00:24

If you still got space to move the pail around, that is.. Haha.

anythingwhatever
30-05-12, 01:04

http://whatsprotocol.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Facebook-celebrates-1st-Birthday-of-Like-Button-via-kshazyrdotblogspotdotcom.jpg

Blue
30-05-12, 10:16

U can go to FEO SOHO showflats. Amazing how they turn high ceiling MMs into many usable spaces. The Seawind (think closed oredi) was a good example. Promenade@Pelikat showflat oso MM.

Those who want a little more than a hotel room will love MMs.

Blue
30-05-12, 10:18
10) Buy basement unit to convert to a dungeon. Can use or rent to people in that "lifestyle".

Buy MM for SM! Cool!

chiaberry
30-05-12, 10:26

I highly recommend the mop with rotating spinner to wring out the water that I bought from OG Orchard (top floor). Very easy to use and can adjust the wetness of the mop to your desired level. You can buy multiple mop heads for using in different areas (eg bedroom/bathroom/windows can change to different heads). Only need one pail and one handle. The mop heads are made of microfiber material and dry out easily. Big thumbs up for this product. Maybe you can get cheaper models elsewhere but not sure if the quality of the mop head will be the same.

BV
30-05-12, 10:40
I highly recommend the mop with rotating spinner to wring out the water that I bought from OG Orchard (top floor). Very easy to use and can adjust the wetness of the mop to your desired level. You can buy multiple mop heads for using in different areas (eg bedroom/bathroom/windows can change to different heads). Only need one pail and one handle. The mop heads are made of microfiber material and dry out easily. Big thumbs up for this product. Maybe you can get cheaper models elsewhere but not sure if the quality of the mop head will be the same.

Are you referring to this one? Or is this a cheaper knock-off version?

http://www.deal.com.sg/deals/singapore/S39-9-Omega-360-Degree-Rotating-Mop-with-Quick-Dry-Spin-Dryer-Bucket-at-Superpac-Import-n-Export

samuelk
30-05-12, 12:22
MM dun need so many cleaning equipment. No need vaccum, no need mop, juz those floor wiper can riaox, MM style small n simple:

http://common.csnstores.com/common/products/QI/QI1149_l.jpg
I know hogamas used to sell this brand but they have moved. Any clue what's the new address ?

focus
30-05-12, 13:57
U can go to FEO SOHO showflats. Amazing how they turn high ceiling MMs into many usable spaces. The Seawind (think closed oredi) was a good example. Promenade@Pelikat showflat oso MM.

Those who want a little more than a hotel room will love MMs.

Agreed! The FEO SOHOs are damn nice! I don't mind living in one of those actually. But they are not MMs right.. all around 600 sqft onward.

zeamybro
30-05-12, 23:20

Chiaberry, thanks, i will go explore this weekend. Ever bought a magic mop home but the maid refused to use it ... she prefers going round the house using a rug/rag, saying its cleaner :banghead:

irisng
31-05-12, 08:32
If you still got space to move the pail around, that is.. Haha.

Aiya, why not, pail is still smaller than human. If not, then leave the pail in the toilet, soak the mop first, then "GO".:cool:

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
31-05-12, 13:30
Any of u ever used or using the irobot thingy...

samuelk
31-05-12, 13:33
Any of u ever used or using the irobot thingy...
that one the swirl mark on the floor as well ss the wooden floor very bad

chiaberry
31-05-12, 14:16
Are you referring to this one? Or is this a cheaper knock-off version?

http://www.deal.com.sg/deals/singapore/S39-9-Omega-360-Degree-Rotating-Mop-with-Quick-Dry-Spin-Dryer-Bucket-at-Superpac-Import-n-Export

It's this one:
http://spinandgopro.com/index.html

I am not sure how "maid-proof" it is or if it can last if used heavily. However, for a MM with small floor area, it should be quite convenient to use.

I prefer not to have the ones with the foot pedal as they take up more space/are heavier. The one I bought has no need for a foot pedal.

It is good for parquet/wooden floor as you can dry out the mop to the desired level so as not to leave streaks/water marks on the floor.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
31-05-12, 14:50
It's this one:
http://spinandgopro.com/index.html

I am not sure how "maid-proof" it is or if it can last if used heavily. However, for a MM with small floor area, it should be quite convenient to use.

I prefer not to have the ones with the foot pedal as they take up more space/are heavier. The one I bought has no need for a foot pedal.

It is good for parquet/wooden floor as you can dry out the mop to the desired level so as not to leave streaks/water marks on the floor.

They should design it to allow spinning even when cleaning ... Then really no need to move your arms much... Just shove it to wherever or whoever needs mopping.

evergreen
31-05-12, 18:44
Can buy the robot (small circular one that moves by itself) to clean and mop the floor. It can't reach into corners but it can clean the rest of the house.

anythingwhatever
31-05-12, 18:55
Can buy the robot (small circular one that moves by itself) to clean and mop the floor. It can't reach into corners but it can clean the rest of the house.

http://www.irobot.com/us/robots/home.aspx

http://www.irobotroomba-info.com/wp-content/themes/gazette2/functions/thumb.php?src=wp-content/uploads/2010/09/iRobot-Roomba-560-11.jpg&w=220&h=220&zc=1&q=90