PDA

View Full Version : 2 Year Old Fell to his Death in Hillview Green

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
03-06-12, 16:27
A two-year-old boy fell from a condominium in Upper Bukit Timah.
According to the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), they were alerted to the case at 5:30pm on Friday and arrived at the location with one ambulance within seven minutes.

The toddler fell from a fourth-floor unit at 71 Hume Avenue, Hillview Green Condominium and was said to have been at home with his family’s domestic worker when the incident happened.

According to The Sunday Times, the domestic worker has since been taken in for questioning.

The same paper also reported that security guards found the boy lying on the ground and alerted the police.

The toddler was still alive when the SCDF sent him to the National University Hospital, but he died of head wounds later. The boy’s parents identified their son’s body at the morgue Saturday morning.

The family’s neighbours told Lianhe Wanbao that the toddler’s fall from the unit’s balcony baffled them because the balcony wall was quite high.

The police have classified the boy’s death as unnatural and are still investigating.*

2-year-old boy dies after fall from balcony
By Gail Chai | Yahoo! Newsroom*–*3 hours ago

hyenergix
03-06-12, 16:52
Many couples are avoiding having a maid now and shifting to staying near parents to get them to look after the kids. This is one of the key reasons for the boom on OCR/RCRs condos and COVs. The trend will continue to accelerate when cost of a maid goes up.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
03-06-12, 16:59
I reread the report then realised something... How come the parents took so long to id the body? That busy on a Fri nite huh.

crystech
03-06-12, 17:09
Thats y I always wonder why nowadays new condo all have useless balcony??
These balcony cost money...and hell...wasting my living space...so in the end..I am going for resale...more practical...but that is just me :tongue3:

hyenergix
03-06-12, 17:17
Thats y I always wonder why nowadays new condo all have useless balcony??
These balcony cost money...and hell...wasting my living space...so in the end..I am going for resale...more practical...but that is just me :tongue3:

Either misadventure or murdered.

buttercarp
03-06-12, 17:19
I reread the report then realised something... How come the parents took so long to id the body? That busy on a Fri nite huh.

I think all the paper work and all that, plus the need for autopsy, so the delay.
But I am sure the parents were there at the hospital when he was rushed there.
Identification is probably just a formal procedure after that.

buttercarp
03-06-12, 17:21
Either misadventure or murdered.

If have small kids, MUST have LOCKED window grills, no matter how it affects the outlook of the flat.
I always insist that no one except for myself is allowed to unlocked the window grills.

azeoprop
03-06-12, 17:23
Another victim of balconies.... :(

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
03-06-12, 17:25
But if the balcony is at least 110cm high how on earth did the kid climb over it?

Understand the need for additional protection if unsupervised, coz kids may be smart enough to take stool and support their misadventures.

When i looked up the pics of the development, then i was shocked to find lobangs in the balcony design.

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/817/Images/hillview_green_001.jpg

I hope there were railings in the lobangs come as standard... Or some might have opt not to grill it up.

hyenergix
03-06-12, 17:27
But if the balcony is at least 110cm high how on earth did the kid climb over it?

Understand the need for additional protection if unsupervised, coz kids may be smart enough to take stool and support their misadventures.

Something to do with the maid I suspect...

azeoprop
03-06-12, 17:29
I remembered last time when I was a kid, I was always hanging myself on the window grills with my legs sticking out of the window of our 20th floor flat. :scared-3:

hyenergix
03-06-12, 17:32
I remembered last time when I was a kid, I was always hanging myself on the window grills with my legs sticking out of the window of our 20th floor flat. :scared-3:

I climbed the parapet along the corridor to get a better view downstairs at my parents' house :p

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
03-06-12, 17:32

Wasted. U might have been the SG Spiderman.... :p

buttercarp
03-06-12, 18:00
Something to do with the maid I suspect...

The maid was questioned by the police.
But I think it is standard procedure since she was the last person to see him alive.

august
03-06-12, 21:26
i suspect foul play.

kane
03-06-12, 21:30
do they have those balcony deck chairs? The kid is probably old enough to climb those chairs if there is.

Tripp
03-06-12, 22:09
http://images.iproperty.com.sg/listings/640/21526/ef4e42ec20614a6a9fd164a7c7b31ac1.jpg

Douk
03-06-12, 22:28
That's why all condos must allow grilles at balcony.

kane
03-06-12, 23:10
Got grills to climb??

zzz1
03-06-12, 23:20
http://images.iproperty.com.sg/listings/640/21526/ef4e42ec20614a6a9fd164a7c7b31ac1.jpg
That photo is taken from where? Is just waiting for accident to happen ...

reporter2
04-06-12, 00:57
http://www.straitstimes.com/News/Home/Story/STIStory_806543.html

2-year-old dies after falling from condo

Published on Jun 3, 2012

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20120602/ST_20120603_ZKBABY03_3146245.jpg
The dead boy's father and mother (centre), with an unidentified woman, were distraught when identifying his body at the morgue yesterday morning. -- PHOTO: LIANHE WANBAO

The police are investigating the death of a toddler who fell from a condominium in Upper Bukit Timah on Friday evening.

The two-year-old boy was believed to have been at home with his family's foreign domestic worker when he fell from the balcony of a fourth-floor unit in the Hillview Green condo in Hume Avenue.

Police have classified the case as unnatural death.

Security guards discovered the boy on the ground and called the police. The toddler was taken to the National University Hospital alive, but died later of head wounds.

According to a Lianhe Wanbao report, the family's neighbours said they were puzzled as to how the toddler could have fallen from the condo's balcony, as the balcony wall was quite high.

They also said the boy's father was a taxi driver.

The domestic worker who was home at the time is believed to have been taken to the police station for questioning. She was later taken to her employment agency.

The child's parents were at the morgue yesterday morning to identify the body.

Feng Zengkun

rattydrama
04-06-12, 01:35
taxi driver owning a condo and a maid. I hope the maid is properly fed. tragic

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
04-06-12, 08:19
taxi driver owning a condo and a maid. I hope the maid is properly fed. tragic
Dont mind me saying... The wife looks way too atas for him... Just based on looks la. Maybe he very talented in other areas.

buttercarp
04-06-12, 09:24
Dont mind me saying... The wife looks way too atas for him... Just based on looks la. Maybe he very talented in other areas.

The wife and the other lady in the picture look well groomed.
Husband is a taxi driver..... but perhaps driving taxi is part time job.
Other times do other things?

yowetan
04-06-12, 09:28
Are you sure the man in the picture is the younger woman's husband? Our reporters can be very world grass.

roly8
04-06-12, 09:43
i think it is a bad thing to have balcony ..:o

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
04-06-12, 09:48
Are you sure the man in the picture is the younger woman's husband? Our reporters can be very world grass.

World grass.... Hahaha i like that.

Imagine.

World Grass Land. Wakakakaka