PDA

View Full Version : What would I do if I am yowetan?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Laguna
05-06-12, 11:22
Instead of guessing whether I am a "he" or a "she", what about what would I do if I am yowetan...

Tripp
05-06-12, 11:27
First, change the account name from yowetan to yowegui.

ay123
05-06-12, 11:30
i will sell everything. buy a big landed in msia to house 2 families. problem solve. OR he can continue to ask the same question for the next 20 yrs. hi is in bank industry but don know how to do his sum. is tat why citibank collapse???

phantom_opera
05-06-12, 11:36
Did I understand wrongly, he has outstanding DEBT of 400-500k on his current HDB??
He bought very expensive HDB?! :scared-5:

If I were him .... I will be worried about that first

Poloclub
05-06-12, 11:46
put my parents and PIL up for adoption.

ysyap
05-06-12, 11:48
Instead of guessing whether I am a "he" or a "she", what about what would I do if I am yowetan...You are successful in directing the attention of people away from you... :scared-2:

buttercarp
05-06-12, 12:03
Tell my parents and PIL and sibling in law to lead their own lives in their own flats.
And live happily ever after in my 5 rm HDB Tiong Bahru flat with my wife and kids.
Strike only when the property market crashes.
Look for other sources of supplementary income.

phantom_opera
05-06-12, 12:04
Tell my parents and PIL and sibling in law to lead their own lives in their own flats.
And live happily ever after in my 5 rm HDB Tiong Bahru flat with my wife and kids.
Strike only when the property market crashes.
Look for other sources of supplementary income.

人善被人欺,马善被人骑

Vincegoh
05-06-12, 12:05
if i am yowetan, i will quickly move into aljunied so i can repent for the next 5 years. :scared-2: :D

or maybe become a monk and 面壁思过...

色即是空 空即是色

buttercarp
05-06-12, 12:12
人善被人欺,马善被人骑

Is he the cowboy of his family?

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/th_1sm237cowboy.gif (http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/1sm237cowboy.gif)

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
05-06-12, 12:28
I will just dump all my family members and turn gay. Coz gays only need to worry about themselves.

phantom_opera
05-06-12, 12:33
I will just dump all my family members and turn gay. Coz gays only need to worry about themselves.

lol ... spend 130k to renovate your HDB like this family in Bishan:

http://business.asiaone.com/A1MEDIA/business/06Jun12/20120604.150124_bishanflat.jpg

phantom_opera
05-06-12, 12:35

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/th_1sm237cowboy.gif (http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/1sm237cowboy.gif)

The Ecstasy of Big property??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-rHdSWZLpQ&feature=related

Worsty
05-06-12, 12:45
I will just dump all my family members and turn gay. Coz gays only need to worry about themselves..

I have never met a poor gay. They are either rich from family background or own achievements, or with a rich gay partner and hence, have plenty of monthly allowances. So not a bad thing :P But can't just turn gay la. I am of the camp it's inborn.

buttercarp
05-06-12, 12:59

I have never met a poor gay. They are either rich from family background or own achievements, or with a rich gay partner and hence, have plenty of monthly allowances. So not a bad thing :P But can't just turn gay la. I am of the camp it's inborn.

Come to think of it, you are quite right!
In fact all of my few gay friends are well off and are rather cultured.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
05-06-12, 13:07

Scientific evidence suggests its combination of environment turning on or blocking off certain genes.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
05-06-12, 13:09
lol ... spend 130k to renovate your HDB like this family in Bishan:

http://business.asiaone.com/A1MEDIA/business/06Jun12/20120604.150124_bishanflat.jpg

It has to be a PH or mansionette else how to do split level.

jwong71
05-06-12, 13:47
showhand

double or nothing:D

GForce
05-06-12, 14:09
The main problem gotta do with the "Follow the crowd" mentality!
Have u ever wonder why iPod, iPhone & iPad so popular?

The more you have, the more you are occupied, the less you give. But the less you have the more free you are.

Actually contentment is great gain!

GForce
05-06-12, 14:21
IMO gays are never happy people coz they are always suffering from the unnatural biological effects! In other words trying to things naturally in a very unnatural way!

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
05-06-12, 14:23
IMO gays are never happy people coz they are always suffering from the unnatural biological effects! In other words trying to things naturally in a very unnatural way!

You are so right. I for one have no interest on getting married nor having kids (the 'natural' stuff). I am so un-gay.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
05-06-12, 14:25
The main problem gotta do with the "Follow the crowd" mentality!
Have u ever wonder why iPod, iPhone & iPad so popular?

The more you have, the more you are occupied, the less you give. But the less you have the more free you are.

Actually contentment is great gain!

It used to be that people slog hard so that eventually they can stop working.

Now people delude themselves into 'loving' their job and even coined terms such as 'career' and 'calling' so that they can feel better still working at 70.

DKSG
05-06-12, 14:43
You are so right. I for one have no interest on getting married nor having kids (the 'natural' stuff). I am so un-gay.

Like what Lady Gaga says ... "Born this way".

I am born to be an Office Boy, who can I blame ? My genes ?

DKSG

dtrax
05-06-12, 14:50
I respect him/her coz he dare to dream a dream.. juz like The Hillier Dream a Dream tv ad. Since he already prepared for the worse, then dun think so much n just hoot liao

Tripp
05-06-12, 14:52
http://pics.livejournal.com/behoovingmoving/pic/002k4bc5

Tripp
05-06-12, 14:53
I respect him/her coz he dare to dream a dream.. juz like The Hillier Dream a Dream tv ad. Since he already prepared for the worse, then dun think so much n just hoot liao

Eh that's the EuHabitat's advert. :D

dtrax
05-06-12, 14:54
Eh that's the EuHabitat's advert. :D

OH CRAP! TOOOOOO MUCH FEO ADS until i tio messed up liao :doh: :doh: :doh:

dtrax
05-06-12, 15:01
I think a think, flamingo valley, 3rms damn hard already:

FLAMINGO VALLEY 476 Siglap Road #03-56 1 89 Strata 1,299,012 14596 1356 23-MAY-2012 Condominium Freehold Uncompleted New Sale Private 15 45 454946 East Region Bedok

Trapping-bird
05-06-12, 15:46
Instead of guessing whether I am a "he" or a "she", what about what would I do if I am yowetan...

If i were Yowetan, I will ask the same question,"who willing sell me ur house at affordable price, .. Blah blah blah and then say got 11k from parent Hdb rental .. Work in bank .. Only want Fh .. Blah blah and more blahs,,,

Estella83
05-06-12, 17:18
Pray hard that parents n parents in law faster go heaven?:scared-4:

Blue
05-06-12, 17:23
Buy life insurance $1M cover each for aged parents and parents in law, then just wait for the day to become multi-millionaire? :D

Then use the money to fully pay for a landed.

zeamybro
05-06-12, 17:24
If i were yowetan, i will ask my parents keep their HDB (cos i think they have done their part and duties to bring me up and educate me)... and i will find my own ways to pursue my own dreams, be it working harder, waiting for right opportunities and doing my own investments (with the risk only on myself and not on my parents)

East Lover
05-06-12, 17:24
If i were Yowetan, i will not post anything in your thread hahaha :D :D

DKSG
05-06-12, 17:54
Buy life insurance $1M cover each for aged parents and parents in law, then just wait for the day to become multi-millionaire? :D

Then use the money to fully pay for a landed.

Next time your children will confirm buy insurance cover for you for $5M and make sure u die before u can encash your CPF!

Ren Zai Zuo, Tian Zai Kan!

DKSG

dtrax
05-06-12, 18:10
wah how come this become the ultimate yowetan bashing thread. I think we should just respect his decision. Since he already decided to hoot one at all cost n at all risk, I think it should be:

"What FH should I hoot with a 1.3mil budget" to better aid his decision ;)

marktkt22
05-06-12, 18:10
He had big dream, that commendable.
if he were born few year earlier..his dream will have come true.
let not be so cynical of him ....

focus
05-06-12, 18:13
Pray hard that parents n parents in law faster go heaven?:scared-4:

They got life insurance?

dtrax
05-06-12, 18:32
To yowetan:
1.3mil budget based on district 9,10,11,15,16 @ FH/999, your choices are very much limited for 3rm w/ min 110sqm. Drop me a PM if you are keen in the full list of caveats to aid your decision :):)

princess_morbucks
05-06-12, 18:33
If I were yowetan's wife, I would probably pack n leave.

radha08
05-06-12, 18:44

super like the smilie riding the horse...:D

hyenergix
05-06-12, 18:51
Yowetan must b really proud bcoz so many millionaires here want to b him.

Estella83
05-06-12, 19:06
They got life insurance?
They got fully paid off hdb :D

azeoprop
05-06-12, 20:08
Get Rich or Die Tryin'

:violins:

dtrax
05-06-12, 20:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnsJo1rEkXw

Laguna
05-06-12, 20:12
wah how come this become the ultimate yowetan bashing thread. I think we should just respect his decision. ;)

I saw his postings everywhere, people post back everywhere, so, just try to consolidate all into this thread.

My intention, these are not only yowetan's issues but very much social issues :

1. Like his parents, ppl like Ah Tan is counting on the Govt to take care of the old folks rather than the chidlren's responsibility.

2. keeping the parents' income, and no allowance or limited allowance to them

3. expect the parents to be free helper to do all the housework, and taking care of the children

4. very limited financial insurance protection for the parents

5. only self centre, thinking of upgrading even without means

6. not progressing well in the career and be contended...ie not competitive...and yet still saying, no risk of retrenchment....

Laguna
05-06-12, 20:13
Yowetan must b really proud bcoz so many millionaires here want to b him.

He is now very famous, second to Mr B

dtrax
05-06-12, 20:17
I saw his postings everywhere, people post back everywhere, so, just try to consolidate all into this thread.

My intention, these are not only yowetan's issues but very much social issues :

1. Like his parents, ppl like Ah Tan is counting on the Govt to take care of the old folks rather than the chidlren's responsibility.

2. keeping the parents' income, and no allowance or limited allowance to them

3. expect the parents to be free helper to do all the housework, and taking care of the children

4. very limited financial insurance protection for the parents

5. only self centre, thinking of upgrading even without means

6. not progressing well in the career and be contended...ie not competitive...and yet still saying, no risk of retrenchment....

Ya at first I also see him no up with all the nonsense and desperate postings and with your above points.. but slowly and gradually his courage and "dream a dream" mentality overwhelm all odds until I respect his do or die mentality. Plus he already prepared for the worse for bankruptcy and so on. So in that case since he already overcome all odds and want to hoot his 1.3mil abode, i think we should just encourage him n give him the best recommendation for a 1.3mil FH condo

Laguna
05-06-12, 20:23
Ya at first I also see him no up with all the nonsense and desperate postings and with your above points.. but slowly and gradually his courage and "dream a dream" mentality overwhelm all odds until I respect his do or die mentality. Plus he already prepared for the worse for bankruptcy and so on. So in that case since he already overcome all odds and want to hoot his 1.3mil abode, i think we should just encourage him n give him the best recommendation for a 1.3mil FH condo

I rather read him as indecisive due to his background.

He understands the market well and trying to buy way below market, this is dream the impossible dream as market is so transparent, and there is no stupid seller in the market.

U can check, when was his dream started. He could easier get one dream house within this budget at that time.

Dtrax : u have good source of info, perhaps u could assist him. But not me, simply I dun like the way he manages his parents.

dtrax
05-06-12, 20:24
I rather read him as indecisive due to his background.

He understands the market well and trying to buy way below market, this is dream the impossible dream as market is so transparent, and there is no stupid seller in the market.

U can check, when was his dream started. He could easier get one dream house within this budget at that time.

Dtrax : u have good source of info, perhaps u could assist him. But not me, simply I dun like the way he manages his parents.

I did check for 1.3mil FH/999yrs D9,10,15,16 for >110sqm... all I can comment is it is damn hard unless he is willing to settle for old condos

Trapping-bird
05-06-12, 20:27

He still own 450k for his Hdb, he use what to buy 1.3 m Fh condo?

Laguna
05-06-12, 20:28
I did check for 1.3mil FH/999yrs D9,10,15,16 for >110sqm... all I can comment is it is damn hard unless he is willing to settle for old condos

He likes FV and Trizon...so u know what is he looking at....
brand new condo or landed in D10

dtrax
05-06-12, 20:31

yes that's why i offered a personal community service to him if he is keen. brand new D10 mount sinai is close to impossible considering of his family size. The only closest potential is The Sierra

Trapping-bird
05-06-12, 20:31
If I one month earn 3.5k like him, I will not come in here and start telling people I looking for Fh only..

yjcai
05-06-12, 20:48
It depends what his life objective is. But it seems to me mr yowetan wants to pursue condo as a status symbol and heavily buy a large quantum large psf property. Not calculative enough, see everybody have also want to have. But then again don't next month shout FH in another location.

babyworm
05-06-12, 20:49
I dun even know why I am reading this thread?!
6 pages and the Subject has yet to post a single reply. When he finally comes, this thread is sure to reach 100 pages.

And I would still be wondering why I read all the 100 pages.

felicia_sg
05-06-12, 20:56
What is wrong with trying to leverage to get richer? All rich people get very rich because of leverage. He just need to know the risks, that is all.
His mistake is to seek advise openly & attract bashing from those people who dread to see him get richer? :rolleyes:
$1.3m quite low budget Wah. Aim higher, the question should be: how to buy a $2m property & profit from capital appreciation & ultimately retire young. :cheers1:

wah how come this become the ultimate yowetan bashing thread. I think we should just respect his decision. Since he already decided to hoot one at all cost n at all risk, I think it should be:

"What FH should I hoot with a 1.3mil budget" to better aid his decision ;)

stiook
05-06-12, 20:58
Stay away from this forum.

Estella83
05-06-12, 21:40
He still own 450k for his Hdb, he use what to buy 1.3 m Fh condo?he works in bank doing operation. Ltv can be higher.

House
05-06-12, 21:50
he is just another poor chap....trying very hard to make his dreams which is buried 3 levels deep inside another dream, turned into reality. :doh:

danntbt
05-06-12, 21:58
His 5-rm Ting Bahru HDB is probably worth 800K? His parents' fully-paid HDB where and how big? Possibly worth minimally 400K-600K? He probably got enough cash+CPF for 20% of 1.2-1.4 million? Just 5 years of milking his parents' HDB rental can accumulate 120K.....Using parents' HDB as collateral by including their names in the to-be purchase dream home, will probably stretch the quantum further.....but like what was pointed out....to squeeze all his family into the new condo....1.2-1.4M would not fit the budget, should be closer to 2Mil.....or maybe he plan to squeeze the old people in the store room....esp when the kids get older.

DKSG
05-06-12, 22:04
he is just another poor chap....trying very hard to make his dreams which is buried 3 levels deep inside another dream, turned into reality. :doh:

INCEPTION!

These are the children who end up sending their parents to batam old folks home la! In every society also got people like that.

Maybe someone should Incept this guy and let him imagine his "poor" parents actually got millions stash away and he will only get it if they died happily at a ripe old age ---> thats the only way to con him to taking care of them until aged gracefully. A bit sad, but certainly better than the Batam dreamzz...

DKSG

House
05-06-12, 22:11
INCEPTION!

DKSG

hehe another 同道中人 :D

Trapping-bird
05-06-12, 22:12
INCEPTION!

These are the children who end up sending their parents to batam old folks home la! In every society also got people like that.

Maybe someone should Incept this guy and let him imagine his "poor" parents actually got millions stash away and he will only get it if they died happily at a ripe old age ---> thats the only way to con him to taking care of them until aged gracefully. A bit sad, but certainly better than the Batam dreamzz...

DKSG
男主角还没出现?。...........

House
05-06-12, 22:15
男主角还没出现?。...........

he still at dream level 4 coming up to dream level 3:D

extremme
05-06-12, 22:20
err he haven't dare to come in here to post...

Trapping-bird
05-06-12, 22:23
he still at dream level 4 coming up to dream level 3:D
Maybe he will have the last laugh.. When he found a cheap and big Fh landed.. He sure come back here and bash those who suan him.. Haha.. But that is very hard as he only looking at new one..

extremme
05-06-12, 22:23
btw can someone kindly enlighten me y is there a yowetan bashing thread? if it's regarding his dream, I guess everyone is entitled to dream n I do admire his courage to dream an impossible dream. If I'm earning $3.5k a month I will not dare to dream of PC, dun say FH or LH

or due to the way he treat his parents? I haven read much abt dat...

House
05-06-12, 22:26
Maybe he will have the last laugh.. When he found a cheap and big Fh landed.. He sure come back here and bash those who suan him.. Haha.. But that is very hard as he only looking at new one..

he is signing the S&P right now at dream level 3.
50,000sqft Penthouse at grange road @ $6.66psf

Trapping-bird
05-06-12, 22:26
btw can someone kindly enlighten me y is there a yowetan bashing thread? if it's regarding his dream, I guess everyone is entitled to dream n I do admire his courage to dream an impossible dream. If I'm earning $3.5k a month I will not dare to dream of PC, dun say FH or LH

or due to the way he treat his parents? I haven read much abt dat...

He collect rental from his parent rental and keep it in his own pocket for the "future benefit of the whole family" ...

extremme
05-06-12, 22:33
He collect rental from his parent rental and keep it in his own pocket for the "future benefit of the whole family" ...
no wonder there is this thread here! all I can say is, how u treat ur parents, ur children will treat u e same way... I believe in reap wat u sow..

Estella83
05-06-12, 22:35
His 5-rm Ting Bahru HDB is probably worth 800K? His parents' fully-paid HDB where and how big? Possibly worth minimally 400K-600K? He probably got enough cash+CPF for 20% of 1.2-1.4 million? Just 5 years of milking his parents' HDB rental can accumulate 120K.....Using parents' HDB as collateral by including their names in the to-be purchase dream home, will probably stretch the quantum further.....but like what was pointed out....to squeeze all his family into the new condo....1.2-1.4M would not fit the budget, should be closer to 2Mil.....or maybe he plan to squeeze the old people in the store room....esp when the kids get older.
Cannot pledge hdb

Laguna
05-06-12, 22:35

He expects the Govt to take care of his parents...
barely any insurance for them as it is costly

hardly any allowance for them despite keeping their rental income...

lots more....

Estella83
05-06-12, 22:37

lots more....
Parents is maid cum babysitter foc

extremme
05-06-12, 22:39

lots more....
then if parents fall sick how? send to JB nursing home? or pray hard for $8 bypass to fall from sky?

parents r more impt than any PC whether it is D9/10/11 FH or LH

danntbt
05-06-12, 22:41
I know of a 74 yr friend, who struggled to bring up her children after he divorced her husband.....children abandoned her after getting her to sell her house and distributed the proceed 10 years ago......luckily she was smart...stashed a load of cash in the bank.....now she still owns two condos...albeit in JB and has 1m cash.......and she is not planning to leave them to her children.......sad case........Yowe not so bad, he still keeps his parents with him......but not sure what would happened when they are too weak to take care of his kids.

extremme
05-06-12, 22:45
my in laws warn me never to change ppty to children name n I respect their decision .. it's a right move and I always tell myself n other half not to do that too.. hear too many horror stories already

Sleepyhead
05-06-12, 22:46
Don't all hamtam Yowetan ler.. His comments really crack me up.. Pretty sure he cannot be for real and is just posting all these to get everyone's reaction. :tsk-tsk:

Alternatively, he's an agent hoping that someone will fall for his story and help him find a good deal somewhere?

Hmmm.. Maybe a new thread is needed: Is Yowetan for real?

:spliff:

Laguna
05-06-12, 22:48
I told my children that I will put all my assets into a trust and save all the monies for them if they divorce.....

The trustee will also take good care of me...so even I hv a son like Ah Tan, I hv no worries as well....

lajia
05-06-12, 22:51
i have already throw this question....he cant be real :tsk-tsk:

westman
05-06-12, 23:23

lots more....

The best replied

"me and my wife have fully calculated and considered"

依赖国家资源赡养父母,是为不忠。
挪用父母收入以供房贷,是为不仁。
自私自利罔顾父母福利,是为不孝。
奴隶父母以省女佣薪金,是为不义。

如此不忠不仁不孝不义之徒,拖出去,斩!

Sleepyhead
05-06-12, 23:28
I told my children that I will put all my assets into a trust and save all the monies for them if they divorce.....

The trustee will also take good care of me...so even I hv a son like Ah Tan, I hv no worries as well....

So you mean if your kids end up marrying a spouse who is perhaps not a high flyer and don't earn much, you are actually encouraging them to divorce just so can get your monies?? :banghead:

surfuz
05-06-12, 23:32
INCEPTION!

DKSG
Haha.. someone need to synchronise a kick to wake up all levels! :D

irisng
05-06-12, 23:38
Does he have any siblings or he is the only son?

Sleepyhead
05-06-12, 23:45
Does he have any siblings or he is the only son?

sound like he is the only son. have not heard him mentioning any siblings in any of his past posts.

Sleepyhead
05-06-12, 23:51
The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Yowetan is a satirical take on your typical Singaporean family. Here's why:

1. Median household income is approx $7k (unless you are in Punggol which is $9k)
2. Average birth rate per woman is 1.2 - hence Yowetan's reference to his one young child and another on the way.
3. Majority of Singaporean families are sitting on large paper gains on their HDB flats, but most still dream about condo / landed living.
4. A lot of Singaporean households live with parents / in laws and rely on them for daily help in housework, cooking, childminding, and especially financial assistance when purchasing properties.

So.... Yowetan... please own up!

:tongue3:

irisng
05-06-12, 23:54
The best replied

"me and my wife have fully calculated and considered"

依赖国家资源赡养父母,是为不忠。
挪用父母收入以供房贷,是为不仁。
自私自利罔顾父母福利,是为不孝。
奴隶父母以省女佣薪金,是为不义。

如此不忠不仁不孝不义之徒,拖出去,斩!

I like your phrase, BUT 杀人是要偿命的:D, so don't mind if I change your last few words from 拖出去,斩 to 妄为人.:ashamed1:

surfuz
05-06-12, 23:59
With median household income can own FH ?

Sleepyhead
06-06-12, 00:09
With median household income can own FH ?

That's why it's called a dream. He's been dreaming ( or pretending to be) for long time already... again, a reflection of the average household here right?

:)

teddybear
06-06-12, 00:49
Judging from what he said, he is a very cautious person. May be that is why his parents entrust him with their money to help to invest and grow for them? What is wrong with that? Is not like he took the money and throw his parents out of the house right? Don't understand what all these bashing are about. :beats-me-man:

danntbt
06-06-12, 06:11
..maybe he is MR B's alter ego.......

danntbt
06-06-12, 07:12
Here's another look at his profile as cut from another thread started by a small fish.....

Mr Yowetan said: I wanted to get a condo, preferably 999 year lease or freehold. However, I have an oustanding of HDB loan of 450k approximately.

My household income is around 7k++, and I have a disposable rental income of around 2.4k. Besides, I have 2 young infant children.

I have around 100-120kSGD cash savings, and I am eagerly and actively searching for a property for my family.

The places I have been scouting are:

1. Flamingo Valley - Siglap
2. Trizon - Mt Sinai
3. Glentree - Mt Sinai
4. Ridgewood - Mt Sinai

or any possibly a good development in D15.

Please advise as I am worried I may miss the boat.

....his wife just given birth to his second child it seems.....and well, possibly like some speculate, he is a made-up character opposite of Mr B....noted the word he used...WANTED...and I MAY MISS THE BOAT....probably making fun of MR B....

westman
06-06-12, 07:44
I like your phrase, BUT 杀人是要偿命的:D, so don't mind if I change your last few words from 拖出去,斩 to 妄为人.:ashamed1:

Hahaha.. That's a good one. I can take that... For a moment, I thought I'm 包青天。:p

Take away the parent's $$$$ and insurance part of Ah Tan.... Somehow, I think Ah-Tan not too bad afterall, at least he has courage to share his shortfalls, dreams and facts. Also, he is willing to live with both sets of parents (assuming not because of maid's thingy).

Give this lad a break.... To those who is not helping/financing/taking care of parents, hope you can use Ah Tan saga as a mirror to review yourself...

Ti Gong love all!

phantom_opera
06-06-12, 07:49
No point spending so much time analyzing yowetan:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f8/Internet_dog.jpg/220px-Internet_dog.jpg

Trapping-bird
06-06-12, 08:04
No point spending so much time analyzing yowetan:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f8/Internet_dog.jpg/220px-Internet_dog.jpg
Huh? Dun tell me you are in the cartoon..

pinkpolkadot
06-06-12, 08:18
Here's another look at his profile as cut from another thread started by a small fish.....

Mr Yowetan said: I wanted to get a condo, preferably 999 year lease or freehold. However, I have an oustanding of HDB loan of 450k approximately.

My household income is around 7k++, and I have a disposable rental income of around 2.4k. Besides, I have 2 young infant children.

I have around 100-120kSGD cash savings, and I am eagerly and actively searching for a property for my family.

The places I have been scouting are:

1. Flamingo Valley - Siglap
2. Trizon - Mt Sinai
3. Glentree - Mt Sinai
4. Ridgewood - Mt Sinai

or any possibly a good development in D15.

Please advise as I am worried I may miss the boat.

....his wife just given birth to his second child it seems.....and well, possibly like some speculate, he is a made-up character opposite of Mr B....noted the word he used...WANTED...and I MAY MISS THE BOAT....probably making fun of MR B....

This guy doesn't know his financial limits which will over-stretcccccccccccccccch if he insists on his dream. Put his entire family on unnecessary risk. If I am the wife, I will give him two tight slaps right in the face to wake him up.

buttercarp
06-06-12, 08:39
Wow yowetan has certainly made a lasting impression in most of us to discuss his character and aspiration. Mabbe someone can write a book about him and it can become literature material for property enthusiasts.

Vincegoh
06-06-12, 10:32
I know of a 74 yr friend, who struggled to bring up her children after he divorced her husband.....children abandoned her after getting her to sell her house and distributed the proceed 10 years ago......luckily she was smart...stashed a load of cash in the bank.....now she still owns two condos...albeit in JB and has 1m cash.......and she is not planning to leave them to her children.......sad case........Yowe not so bad, he still keeps his parents with him......but not sure what would happened when they are too weak to take care of his kids.

tat's cos his parents have yet to sell off their hdb and he's leeching on their rental income. but i shudder at the thought of wad is to come when his parents indeed sold off their hdb to finance his dream (by then, he may dream of having 1 PC and 1 landed FH).

considering his belief that govt will take care of his folks regardless of whether they have $$ or not, i believe he will dump them on the streets to prove his point.

Poloclub
06-06-12, 10:37
tat's cos his parents have yet to sell off their hdb and he's leeching on their rental income. but i shudder at the thought of wad is to come when his parents indeed sold off their hdb to finance his dream (by then, he may dream of having 1 PC and 1 landed FH).

considering his belief that govt will take care of his folks regardless of whether they have $$ or not, i believe he will dump them on the streets to prove his point.

I already suggested the Ah Tan should put his parents up for adoption

radha08
06-06-12, 10:45
Wow yowetan has certainly made a lasting impression in most of us to discuss his character and aspiration. Mabbe someone can write a book about him and it can become literature material for property enthusiasts.

Yo sis this is "MAJOR" off topic but i rushed down to blk 704 yesterday to buy chicken rice for me and my kids cos they love it.... but Urghhhh...it was sheng kees day off....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Ok...back to the yowetan saga....:D

buttercarp
06-06-12, 11:30
Yo sis this is "MAJOR" off topic but i rushed down to blk 704 yesterday to buy chicken rice for me and my kids cos they love it.... but Urghhhh...it was sheng kees day off....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Ok...back to the yowetan saga....:D

Thanks for reminding me that they are closed on Tuesday.
There is a small sign there which says so.
My husband who has been away in the USA for past few months said that he can't wait to go to Sheng Kee the moment he lands in Singapore.

Is that a sign telling us to buy the Archipelago?

yowetan
06-06-12, 11:39
Thank you all for the kind concern and interest in me, and my profile.

Again, I'd like to stress that Filial piety practise/thoughts varies and I have my own approach in this area.

Also, I will also like to stress my priorities in getting my private properties are as follows:

1. Landed Property 999/FH
2. Mt Sinai 999/FH
3. FV FH

I have only a humble budget of 1.3 mil SGD and like to take this opportunity to reach out potential landlords and/or home sellers to PM me if you have a good deal for me.

Thanks in advance.

phantom_opera
06-06-12, 11:43
How can yowetan has a budget of 1.3 million if his debt is 450k?? Sell two HDBs (Existing + parents ??)??

After buy landed, outstanding DEBT will be >1 million?? In this low interest environment it may sound very affordable :tsk-tsk: Once the interest rate starts to creep up, nightmare will begin

It is crazy nowadays what people will do to get money ;)

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_807622.html

buttercarp
06-06-12, 11:45

Again, I'd like to stress that Filial piety practise/thoughts varies and I have my own approach in this area.

Also, I will also like to stress my priorities in getting my private properties are as follows:

2. Mt Sinai 999/FH
3. FV FH

I have only a humble budget of 1.3 mil SGD and like to take this opportunity to reach out potential landlords and/or home sellers to PM me if you have a good deal for me.

Thanks in advance.

Finally the man has spoken! :)
Best of luck to you and your family especially your parents and PIL, without whom you won't be here today!

azeoprop
06-06-12, 11:51
If you don't mind Jurong West, Yunnan Gardens is still very value for money, but quantum quite high because of big land area.

:)

ikan bilis
06-06-12, 11:55
Pls don’t bashing him so jialat jialat mah..

Small fish’s quick calculations, … let’s say…
- parent’s hdb rental of 2K+ is extra income. Family’s expenses do not need to rely on it.
- Own hdb already cover by budget. i.e. paid by cpf + cash from 7K salary income etc
- And provided if mop of own hdb already over

Option 1: Stay Put, keep renting out parent’s hdb and collect rental shiok shiok
- Extra Cash Flow: $2K+/month +ve cash flow, from rent
- Profit from rent: $24K+/year, little town council charges + tax
- Risks: Very little risk, HDB fully paid, HDB very easy to find tenants
- Advantages: Waiting patiently for market crash big big. Do the upgrade to condo only when market crashes, else keep collecting rental $$ shiok shiok

Option 2: Sell parents hdb, buy 1.3mil condo and rent out condo
- Sell parents hdb, say 600k and loan another 700k. Rent out at 4K (3.7% gross yield)
- Instalment at $2143/month (700K loan, 35yr, 1.5%)
- Extra Cash Flow: ~$1K/month +ve cash flow (After deducting tax, MCST charges and etc)
- Profit from rent: could be ~$30K/year, (48K – Tax – Mcst - Interest)
- Risks: Higher, any high interest rate, cannot find tenant, market collapse etc
- Advantages: “Hedged” and no worry of miss the boat. Making $$ when market keep moving up. Could be higher profit because of gearing+low interest

Option 3: Sell parents hdb, buy 1.3mil condo for own stay. Rent out own hdb
- Sell parents hdb, say 600k and loan another 700k. Rent out own hdb at 2.5K
- Instalment at $2143/month (700K loan, 35yr, 1.5%)
- Extra Cash Flow: ~$0K/month +ve cash flow (After deducting tax, MCST charges and etc)
- Profit from rent: ~$10K/year (the capital repayment of your loan for whole year)
- Risks: Higher, any high interest rate, retrenched, cannot find tenant, market collapse etc
- Advantages: Staying shiok shiok inside condo. Making $$ when market keep moving up. And may be can move back to hdb and rent out condo (option #2) when kena retrenched ...

.... small fish thinks is bit risky but should be still achievable.... ;)

ay123
06-06-12, 12:17
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_807622.html[/quote]

the higher the position the more pervert he is. he seem to love "outdoor" activities. car park is his favourite place. save money?? :D hope he will get tough sentence and be the inmates' "backdoor" activity!!! serve him right!!!

dtrax
06-06-12, 13:35

2. Mt Sinai 999/FH
3. FV FH

Thanks in advance.

For your benefit as well as a few of those who pmed me, here are the records for this yr for ur 1.3mil budget, FH+99LH, >100sqm non-landed:

http://bit.ly/M6zBXs

I will keep this download link for next 24hours :) Have fun property hunting

DKSG
06-06-12, 14:14
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_807622.html

the higher the position the more pervert he is. he seem to love "outdoor" activities. car park is his favourite place. save money?? :D hope he will get tough sentence and be the inmates' "backdoor" activity!!! serve him right!!![/quote]

How is this related to our yowetan discusison ?

DKSG

radha08
06-06-12, 14:24
Thanks for reminding me that they are closed on Tuesday.
There is a small sign there which says so.
My husband who has been away in the USA for past few months said that he can't wait to go to Sheng Kee the moment he lands in Singapore.

Is that a sign telling us to buy the Archipelago?

sadly when i saw them closed i crossed road to the other side the big cofeeshop and i was thinking to myself wow ARCHIpelago is a real gem so close to all the amenities yet so close to nature plus near upcoming mrt...near major highways...one of the BETTER new condos i say...;)

wow...my wife just went to batam with her cousins for 2 days for some sort of spa retreat and i am walking around "aimlessly" without her...:doh:..cant imagine how you feel with your hubby away so long....:confused:

radha08
06-06-12, 14:27

2. Mt Sinai 999/FH
3. FV FH

Thanks in advance.

bro with your determination and perseverance i think you will DO very well in politics....especially OPPOSITION politics...:D

phantom_opera
06-06-12, 14:34
sadly when i saw them closed i crossed road to the other side the big cofeeshop and i was thinking to myself wow ARCHIpelago is a real gem so close to all the amenities yet so close to nature plus near upcoming mrt...near major highways...one of the BETTER new condos i say...;)

wow...my wife just went to batam with her cousins for 2 days for some sort of spa retreat and i am walking around "aimlessly" without her...:doh:..cant imagine how you feel with your hubby away so long....:confused:

Go meditate at the hill in front of Archi :cheers5: Observe the changing light at Bedok Reservoir

buttercarp
06-06-12, 14:34

LOL.....
Wife enjoy in spa, husband become aimless!
I skype twice a day with my husband.
At least i get to speak to him when he is abroad.
In Singapore, sometimes we are so busy that we seldom sit down and talk formally :o .
Yup.... The Archipelago is indeed convenient.
Maybe after my new place TOP, I will sell my present place and buy Archipelago for investment.
Then everytime I go eat at Sheng Kee, I can pop by and say hi to my future tenant.

Laguna
06-06-12, 14:38

....:D

where is this place?

buttercarp
06-06-12, 14:40
where is this place?

Sheng Kee Hainanese Chicken Rice
Blk 704 Bedok Reservoir Road (opposite The Archipelago)
Closed on Tuesday,
Chicken rice very delicious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZuRR7ijrWM

Laguna
06-06-12, 14:58
Sheng Kee Hainanese Chicken Rice
Blk 704 Bedok Reservoir Road (opposite The Archipelago)
Closed on Tuesday,
Chicken rice very delicious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZuRR7ijrWM

thanks
Q too long
go to Maxwell

buttercarp
06-06-12, 15:08
thanks
Q too long
go to Maxwell

No long queue...that was in 2009 when they were featured in the TV programme.

Tian tian ... i find too much MSG and they put too much sauce on the rice.
Have you tried the one opened by the original chef of tian tian?

How is it?

Laguna
06-06-12, 15:09
No long queue...that was in 2009 when they were featured in the TV programme.

Tian tian ... i find too much MSG and they put too much sauce on the rice.
Have you tried the one opened by the original chef of tian tian?

How is it?

Me!
too fat and too old to eat all these foods alr

buttercarp
06-06-12, 15:21
Me!
too fat and too old to eat all these foods alr

Once in a while should be ok if you enjoy it.
Wonder whether yowetan gives his parents and PIL a treat once in a while?

danntbt
06-06-12, 15:30
Once in a while should be ok if you enjoy it.
Wonder whether yowetan gives his parents and PIL a treat once in a while?
.....its the thought that counts.....he is giving his P & PIL a chance to make their future generation's life better....other form of enjoyment and treats are immaterial.

buttercarp
06-06-12, 15:35
.....its the thought that counts.....he is giving his P & PIL a chance to make their future generation's life better....other form of enjoyment and treats are immaterial.

Ya.... mabbe his family's tradition is to live for the next generation. He said he is striving hard for a FH house so that he can pass it to his next generation.

So his P and PIL sacrifice for him and in turn he sacrifices for his next generation.

DKSG
06-06-12, 15:37
Ya.... mabbe his family's tradition is to live for the next generation. He said he is striving hard for a FH house so that he can pass it to his next generation.

So his P and PIL sacrifice for him and in turn he sacrifices for his next generation.

Then in the 3rd generation, they squandered it away !

You know why ? Because it is the process, the path, the road, that counts.

Giving future generations everything da best is indeed the best way to ruin them.

DKSG

eng81157
06-06-12, 15:59
it's a good to have a dream but please, live within your means.

note: please refer to my rendition of "I dreamed a dream"

radha08
06-06-12, 17:03
LOL.....
Wife enjoy in spa, husband become aimless!
I skype twice a day with my husband.
At least i get to speak to him when he is abroad.
In Singapore, sometimes we are so busy that we seldom sit down and talk formally :o .
Yup.... The Archipelago is indeed convenient.
Maybe after my new place TOP, I will sell my present place and buy Archipelago for investment.
Then everytime I go eat at Sheng Kee, I can pop by and say hi to my future tenant.

my wife just called me she at immigration duty free...asked if i want heineken or tiger beer duty free....:D..now thats what i call a caring wife...:cheers4:

honestly i talk more on forum than i do to my wife after xxx years of marriage...what to talk...:D:D:D

dtrax
06-06-12, 17:08
my wife just called me she at immigration duty free...asked if i want heineken or tiger beer duty free....:D..now thats what i call a caring wife...:cheers4:

honestly i talk more on forum than i do to my wife after xxx years of marriage...what to talk...:D:D:D

help me buy ice-wine, i ibank you then collect at ur place. Thanks!

Poloclub
06-06-12, 17:13

she doesnt know which brand of beer you like.?

Trapping-bird
06-06-12, 17:16
Then in the 3rd generation, they squandered it away !

You know why ? Because it is the process, the path, the road, that counts.

Giving future generations everything da best is indeed the best way to ruin them.

DKSG
功德法财最重要。。。

fclim
06-06-12, 17:20

When wife asks hubby whether Heineken or Tiger, hubby very happy, say wife caring.

When hubby asks wifey whether LV or Gucci, wifey says, "why? guilty issit?"

Haiz, life is so unfair. hehe..

danntbt
06-06-12, 17:27
When wife asks hubby whether Heineken or Tiger, hubby very happy, say wife caring.

...not as bad as when wife ask....where did you get the money from.....

yowetan
06-06-12, 17:33
For your benefit as well as a few of those who pmed me, here are the records for this yr for ur 1.3mil budget, FH+99LH, >100sqm non-landed:

http://bit.ly/M6zBXs

I will keep this download link for next 24hours :) Have fun property hunting

Hi, thanks for sharing the information. Do you have D10 data, as well as D21/23 data?

DKSG
06-06-12, 18:16
Hi, thanks for sharing the information. Do you have D10 data, as well as D21/23 data?

Why do you need D10 data ?

D10 FH $1.3m. Only gets you a MM.

You keen on MM also ?

DKSG

yowetan
06-06-12, 18:27
Why do you need D10 data ?

D10 FH $1.3m. Only gets you a MM.

You keen on MM also ?

DKSG

I am keen in 3 bedder and above. This is why I need the data if possible to understand the market now. Else, getting a MM is a no-brainer.

DKSG
06-06-12, 18:31
I am keen in 3 bedder and above. This is why I need the data if possible to understand the market now. Else, getting a MM is a no-brainer.

3 Bedder, D10, FH. $1.3 mil
Its a no brainer that there is nothing in this category.

3 Bedder, D10, $1,600 psf, 1,100 psf (thats the smallest I think can squeeze a 3BR) = $1.76 mil.

D10 is out. Try D12.

DKSG

dtrax
06-06-12, 18:32

fwah.. getting MM is the toughest leh so tough that I got a concise scoresheet to see if a MM development is worth hooting. Not all MMs are auto "investable"

DKSG
06-06-12, 18:32

I think u got it wrong.
Wife usually says --> BOTH! LV Bag + Gucci Bag

yowetan
06-06-12, 18:35
3 Bedder, D10, FH. $1.3 mil
Its a no brainer that there is nothing in this category.

3 Bedder, D10, $1,600 psf, 1,100 psf (thats the smallest I think can squeeze a 3BR) = $1.76 mil.

D10 is out. Try D12.

DKSG

Thanks. However, I prefer data. Data speaks louder than your statement.

Also, I have never had mentioned I am limited to ONLY 1.3 mil for Mt Sinai area.

Poloclub
06-06-12, 18:41

Also, I have never had mentioned I am limited to ONLY 1.3 mil for Mt Sinai area.

if you want data, go to URA website and search the monthly transaction under type and district.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/transaction/TransactionController.jpf

yowetan
06-06-12, 18:51
if you want data, go to URA website and search the monthly transaction under type and district.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/transaction/TransactionController.jpf

Thanks for the link.

westman
06-06-12, 19:07

Ah Tan, I like your honesty.

Your dream would be nearer if you know how to "be nice".....
Be diplomatic abit.....:)

yowetan
06-06-12, 19:22
Ah Tan, I like your honesty.

Your dream would be nearer if you know how to "be nice".....
Be diplomatic abit.....:)

Hi...thanks for the advice.

I am still waiting for geniune seller to offer me a reasonable preposition. I understand it is an uphill task, however I am still holding out some faith and hoping to land a price asset in Mt Sinai area.

I love greenary, serene, and it's class.

fan
06-06-12, 19:49
dksg was nice enough to bother to give advice but 好心被雷劈..

Laguna
06-06-12, 19:53

I think all of us here have grossly under-estimated your pocket.

Laguna
06-06-12, 19:55
help me buy ice-wine, i ibank you then collect at ur place. Thanks!

Oops, lately also fall in love with ice-wine

Laguna
06-06-12, 19:56

dtrax : be aware, he will getting u to provide as free labourer lor!

Laguna
06-06-12, 19:58
I think u got it wrong.
Wife usually says --> BOTH! LV Bag + Gucci Bag

not so bad, still LV and Gucci

these brands are no longer wanted by my family anymore, they said these are the mass market in the up market...only for PRC

Laguna
06-06-12, 20:13
Hi...thanks for the advice.

I am still waiting for geniune seller to offer me a reasonable preposition. I understand it is an uphill task, however I am still holding out some faith and hoping to land a price asset in Mt Sinai area.

I love greenary, serene, and it's class.

Me too, I am willing to pay 5% above your offer, which is still 10% below market
I am also waiting for geniune seller to offer me a reasonable preposition

radha08
06-06-12, 20:33
she doesnt know which brand of beer you like.?

i also dont know...:confused:...some time drink tiger sometime heineken...:confused:

radha08
06-06-12, 20:37
mr yowetan there is HOPE...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/10005102/for-sale-the-sierra

ysyap
06-06-12, 20:48
Wah this thread has revealed very many helpful souls... good job... yowetan should be v happy, free housing agents working for him.... Lol! :cheers5:

radha08
06-06-12, 20:51
mr yowetan there is HOPE...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/10005102/for-sale-the-sierra

forgot to mention all WE need now is germany/france and Italy to go bankrupt...:scared-1:

Laguna
06-06-12, 21:40
粝食粗衣随分过,
堆金积帛欲如何?
百年身后一丘土,
贫富高低争几多。

知足常乐人上人也!

radha08
06-06-12, 21:43
粝食粗衣随分过,
堆金积帛欲如何?
百年身后一丘土,
贫富高低争几多。

知足常乐人上人也!

i see STARS....:D

but looks very deep and meaningful....:cheers5:

ysyap
06-06-12, 21:46
i see STARS....:D

but looks very deep and meaningful....:cheers5:At least you can still see stars... I see nothing!!! :sleep:

radha08
06-06-12, 21:47
粝食粗衣随分过,
堆金积帛欲如何?
百年身后一丘土,
贫富高低争几多。

知足常乐人上人也!

let me try an intepret...

if a man has one chicken in his hand and he sees 10 chickens running in the field...he should not chase the ten chickens....:scared-1: and loose his one chicken

instead he should find a way to make his one chicken multiply into 10 chickens....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
06-06-12, 21:47
无退则不进
无非则不谨
无悔则无今
无灰则无尽

(c) TOGitV

buttercarp
06-06-12, 21:55
not so bad, still LV and Gucci;)

these brands are no longer wanted by my family anymore, they said these are the mass market in the up market...only for PRC
So you into chanel, prada n hermes?
My husband who is returning from the states only got me a coach:doh: .
But well at least I know he is not guilty of anything;) .

radha08
06-06-12, 22:01
So you into chanel, prada n hermes?
My husband who is returning from the states only got me a coach:doh: .
But well at least I know he is not guilty of anything;) .

its the thought that counts...burp..."heineken"(courtesy of my wifes trip to batam)....spa what spa..face same body same...:D:D:D

radha08
06-06-12, 22:02
无退则不进
无非则不谨
无悔则无今
无灰则无尽

(c) TOGitV
:cheers4:...see you copyrighted TOGITV...wonder where you got the idea...:D

buttercarp
06-06-12, 22:13
its the thought that counts...burp..."heineken"(courtesy of my wifes trip to batam)....spa what spa..face same body same...:D:D:D

Yup.... Its the thought that counts.
Told him not to waste money but he said the price was one third that of Singapore's so he thought it was a good deal.
Hey..... Physically your wife appears the same, but mentally n psychologically she should feel more relaxed...... Definitely different lah..... And after a few round of beer...... I bet it would be refreshing.
Wonder if yowetan n his wife spoil each other with gifts when either go overseas?

radha08
06-06-12, 22:16
Yup.... Its the thought that counts.
Told him not to waste money but he said the price was one third that of Singapore's so he thought it was a good deal.
Hey..... Physically your wife appears the same, but mentally n psychologically she should feel more relaxed...... Definitely different lah..... And after a few round of beer...... I bet it would be refreshing.
Wonder if yowetan n his wife spoil each other with gifts when either go overseas?

dunno lah but 2 days without her damm shiok whole house in a MESS...:D..now the Sergeant MAJOR is back...ORDER ORDER...:scared-4:

Trapping-bird
06-06-12, 22:16
let me try an intepret...

if a man has one chicken in his hand and he sees 10 chickens running in the field...he should not chase the ten chickens....:scared-1: and loose his one chicken

instead he should find a way to make his one chicken multiply into 10 chickens....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Crab!........

richwang
06-06-12, 22:21
粝食粗衣随分过,
堆金积帛欲如何?
百年身后一丘土,
贫富高低争几多。

知足常乐人上人也!

Google translate:

Coarse food Cuyi with the sub-
The heap of gold plot silk For how?
Hundred years behind a mound of soil,
The rich and the poor level of dispute how many.

Contented people Exalted also!

phantom_opera
06-06-12, 22:30
Ah Beng translation:

粝食粗衣随分过,
堆金积帛欲如何?
百年身后一丘土,
贫富高低争几多。

知足常乐人上人也!

Brown rice cheap clothes eh sai liao
Got gold and silk also buay zai
Hundred years later u die die
Rich poor high low ma bo yong
Be a happy and contented Sinkapie

richwang
06-06-12, 22:30
My translation, need the furomers to polish.

Coarse food, plain cloth, and a simple life,
Heap of gold, plot of silk, but so what?
When Six feet down under,
Rich and Poor level the field

Contented people Exalted!

Thanks,
Richard

ikan bilis
06-06-12, 22:57
Ah Beng translation:

粝食粗衣随分过,
堆金积帛欲如何?
百年身后一丘土,
贫富高低争几多。

知足常乐人上人也!

wow...lol.... i like your translation !! dam good !!.... :cheers4: :D

radha08
06-06-12, 22:58
Crab!........

HELLO u try reading HINDI and see what kind of crab you can intepret!!!

buttercarp
06-06-12, 23:22
Crab!........

Our bro radha may not be educated in Chinese so he should be commended for trying to interpret it. And guys......please provide English translation when u post in Chinese hor..... For the benefit of our non Chinese readers.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
06-06-12, 23:35
无退则不进
无非则不谨
无悔则无今
无灰则无尽

(c) TOGitV

English translation:

No progress without setback
No prudence without mistake
No present without regret
No end without ashes

Sleepyhead
07-06-12, 00:04
:D :D :D :D :D

You all dem farny!!

Love reading this forum.. So much comic relief going round! I likey!!

:p

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
07-06-12, 00:11

Softshell crab dey.... Wakakakka

fclim
07-06-12, 00:33
粝食粗衣随分过,
堆金积帛欲如何?
百年身后一丘土,
贫富高低争几多。

知足常乐人上人也!

Rough food and coarse clothes make a simple life,
Riches and finery are but a strife,
For a hundred years and back to whence you came,
For how much wealth and power can you claim?

Enlightened is the man who seeks contentment and joy!

kane
07-06-12, 00:37
recently there's a lot of poetry in this forum. All you folks studied chinese classics in your past life?

Trapping-bird
07-06-12, 05:19
Cool it bro, I mean crab, not crap.. So dun be so hot leh..

Trapping-bird
07-06-12, 05:23

If it's Hindi, then it should be a Bombay or at least a Sri lakan crab la..

westman
07-06-12, 08:13
Rough food and coarse clothes make a simple life,
Riches and finery are but a strife,
For a hundred years and back to whence you came,
For how much wealth and power can you claim?

Enlightened is the man who seeks contentment and joy!

Best translation so far... Powerful!

In general, longevity is nice to have thus in Chinese, 百年 is a nicer way to express "the end of life.."

Fully agreed. Living with an extra day of having greed/obsession/desire could effectively means having one less in happy day in my finite living days"

Ah tan, I hope you understand what we trying to say...

Laguna
07-06-12, 09:13
So you into chanel, prada n hermes?.

No, it will be to your surprise, all of them use LongChamp as daily use.

Cheap, simple, light, big, washable, no need to wori get wet, dirty, being stolen, or being theft.

Laguna
07-06-12, 09:16

真是用心良苦
孺子可教否?

radha08
07-06-12, 09:17
Cool it bro, I mean crab, not crap.. So dun be so hot leh..

no la bro just joking...:D

no joke no fun...

no F@#$ no SON...

No SON...How to become grandfather...:spliff2:

radha08
07-06-12, 09:23
Our bro radha may not be educated in Chinese so he should be commended for trying to interpret it. And guys......please provide English translation when u post in Chinese hor..... For the benefit of our non Chinese readers.

no problem la i got 2 kids...one studying hindi as 2nd language the other......CHINESE:spliff:

SHH..but if i had MY way i rather BOTH study CHINESE...and i also recently thought of taking mandarin classes..YOU cannot deny its an ASSET to speak mandarin in this country...BTW i am fluent in HOKKIEN Vulgarities...:D:D:D

phantom_opera
07-06-12, 09:25
The Zen Buddhism equivalent:

凡所有相,皆是虚妄。

radha08
07-06-12, 09:29

凡所有相,皆是虚妄。

The MARTIAN equivalent....."^&$#%#!*%:scared-2:()*)*"

ha ha so many ways to send a message ACROSS...:D

yowetan
07-06-12, 09:39
Best translation so far... Powerful!

In general, longevity is nice to have thus in Chinese, 百年 is a nicer way to express "the end of life.."

Fully agreed. Living with an extra day of having greed/obsession/desire could effectively means having one less in happy day in my finite living days"

Hi, I fully understand what the most of people wanted to share in this thread.

However, that does not deter my vision and determination in securing a Mt Sinai or Siglap private property.

phantom_opera
07-06-12, 09:44
The Monkey King (西游记 Journey to the West)version:

不住花果山,要做齐天大圣, 后来要做玉帝,小心被压在五行山下 500 年

buttercarp
07-06-12, 09:57
no problem la i got 2 kids...one studying hindi as 2nd language the other......CHINESE:spliff:

SHH..but if i had MY way i rather BOTH study CHINESE...and i also recently thought of taking mandarin classes..YOU cannot deny its an ASSET to speak mandarin in this country...BTW i am fluent in HOKKIEN Vulgarities...:D:D:D

Wow... power !
Learning chinese and knowing the colloquail hokkien phrases!

I know about the " if i had MY way i rather" part.
It happened with my husband's parents.
Apparently fierce quarrel, so half go to chinese school learn chinese, half go to english school learn malay (they from malaysia).
For me..... the more languages one learn the better.
Any type of language is good... internet language, hokkien vulgarities all ok as long as can communicate, that's the most important.

sh
07-06-12, 10:00

Cheap, simple, light, big, washable, no need to wori get wet, dirty, being stolen, or being theft.

Agree.... Bag not important, what's inside the bag is more important...:)

Save money on expensive bags, can hoot more property.

1 coach = .5 sqft in D9
1 LV = 2sq ft in D9
1 birken = 10sq ft in D9

Even more with leverage:D

buttercarp
07-06-12, 10:09

From this post, I conclude that Laguna is a male.
Cos he refers to äll of them" which does not include himself.
A fatherly figure.

Vincegoh
07-06-12, 10:44
无退则不进
无非则不谨
无悔则无今
无灰则无尽

(c) TOGitV

applause~

did u compose this yourself? if so, i'm very impressed! :)

Vincegoh
07-06-12, 10:48
Wow... power !
Learning chinese and knowing the colloquail hokkien phrases!

I know about the " if i had MY way i rather" part.
It happened with my husband's parents.
Apparently fierce quarrel, so half go to chinese school learn chinese, half go to english school learn malay (they from malaysia).
For me..... the more languages one learn the better.
Any type of language is good... internet language, hokkien vulgarities all ok as long as can communicate, that's the most important.

errr... if only know vulgarities will end up fighting.

but ok lah... 不打不相识!

Laguna
07-06-12, 10:59
A fatherly figure.

Ooops, u still dun let me go!
Male nowadays also carry bag...

Sleepyhead
07-06-12, 11:28
A fatherly figure.

That was very observant! hahaha!! The secret is out. :spliff:

Trapping-bird
07-06-12, 11:48

凡所有相,皆是虚妄。

万班带不去,只有业身随。。。

Laguna
07-06-12, 12:21
That was very observant! hahaha!! The secret is out. :spliff:

well, in the internet world, there is no such thing as true identity or he/she...

we are all faceless.... and wearing many masks, carry many names...

no point of guessing, there is no answer to the question and this is not important at all...

buttercarp
07-06-12, 12:28
well, in the internet world, there is no such thing as true identity or he/she...

we are all faceless.... and wearing many masks, carry many names...

no point of guessing, there is no answer to the question and this is not important at all...

Asexual as well?
Ok, ok won't tekan you anymore lah.
It's true that gender is not important in cyber space.

radha08
07-06-12, 12:39
Asexual as well?
Ok, ok won't tekan you anymore lah.
It's true that gender is not important in cyber space.

i for one like that very much YOU communicate via your brain and fingers....you can type something read it to your self...if its ok press the SUBMIT button....NOT ok...press the....................BACKSPACE and edit...unlike face to face communication...when words when come out of the mouth cannot put back in...:D

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
07-06-12, 15:05
applause~

did u compose this yourself? if so, i'm very impressed! :)

YEs thank u thank u. Thinking of partnering a friend to turn into song lyrics.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
07-06-12, 15:06
i for one like that very much YOU communicate via your brain and fingers....you can type something read it to your self...if its ok press the SUBMIT button....NOT ok...press the....................BACKSPACE and edit...unlike face to face communication...when words when come out of the mouth cannot put back in...:D

Agree.... I write better than i speak. Most of the time i speak %#{{^~^~%*

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
07-06-12, 15:07
Aiyo this thread from yowetan turn into poetry and comm skills thread sia.:doh:

Laguna
07-06-12, 15:21
Aiyo this thread from yowetan turn into poetry and comm skills thread sia.:doh:
天南地北
无所不谈
人生一乐

yowetan
07-06-12, 15:28
天南地北
无所不谈
人生一乐

I want to buy a FH/999 landed/private property in D10, or D15, or D21/23.

Vincegoh
07-06-12, 15:38
I want to buy a FH/999 landed/private property in D10, or D15, or D21/23 at 5% higher than what Yowetan intends to quote. Any genuine sellers pls PM me. :):D

gn108
07-06-12, 15:44
You sound more genuine than the other troller.

I want to buy a FH/999 landed/private property in D10, or D15, or D21/23 at 5% higher than what Yowetan intends to quote. Any genuine sellers pls PM me. :):D

ay123
07-06-12, 16:20

should aim for GCB instead. is just a dream anyway.....just don get wet :D

westman
07-06-12, 17:10

Mmmmm... I don't care... I don't care... I just want it.... (stomp feet like someone during last year election....)

:doh:

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
07-06-12, 18:06
Mmmmm... I don't care... I don't care... I just want it.... (stomp feet like someone during last year election....)

:doh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b4vQlNMhmY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Trapping-bird
07-06-12, 20:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b4vQlNMhmY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Yowetan, u not yet wake up from your dream yet? buy a EC already a luxury for u..

richwang
07-06-12, 20:59
Ah Beng translation:

粝食粗衣随分过,
堆金积帛欲如何?
百年身后一丘土,
贫富高低争几多。

知足常乐人上人也!

google translation is only good at word level;
human translation is only good at sentence level;

But at paragraph level,
the Chinese version is saying something more like:
"no need to fight so hard, rich and poor are no much different"
while the English version is saying something rather differently:
"better fight hard, once you falls into poor, it is hopeless for the rest of life."

I guess it is related to different views of "post-life":
The Chinese system believes you will re-born to a different life;
while the Western system believes you will go to either Heaven or Hell, and
you will still be yourself in "post-life".

I guess we will be lost in translation when the two systems are different.

Thanks,
Richard

taggy
07-06-12, 21:00
speaking from personal experience. no harm look at more locations/districts...

anyway wingtai boss say got mrt can liao... the different in time travel is not that much :D

westman
07-06-12, 21:17
Ah tan up budget!!!!

Looking at ridgewood now... 2mil property!!!!

Agent attention, if you can find 1.3mil for ah tan, pm me, I up 100k.

Trapping-bird
07-06-12, 21:26
Ah tan up budget!!!!

He started a new thread asking more D10/15.. Feel sad for him..

danntbt
07-06-12, 21:37
Ah tan up budget!!!!

....maybe he has convinced his parents to join back the work-force to contribute to the YoweTan family foundation......should be able to add 2-3K to the combined income.

House
07-06-12, 21:54
looking back the last 3 crisis.....many idiots over commit and end up lying in a pool of blood at the void deck, best of all shittimes never report such news.

i foresee for the next 3 more crisis....history will repeat itself.....more suicides.

yowetan
07-06-12, 21:54
....maybe he has convinced his parents to join back the work-force to contribute to the YoweTan family foundation......should be able to add 2-3K to the combined income.

This is a brilliant idea. However, my parents are required to stay put in home to look after my newborn child.

westman
07-06-12, 21:55
He started a new thread asking more D10/15.. Feel sad for him..

Really dun't know what ah tan is thinking...
Obsession really powerful!!!! Die die must buy D10/15....

This group of buyers will be the first to "run road" when market heads south!

ysyap
07-06-12, 21:58
Really dun't know what ah tan is thinking...
Obsession really powerful!!!! Die die must buy D10/15....

This group of buyers will be the first to "run road" when market heads south!Isn't market preparing to head south.. wait... no its started to head south already...

westman
07-06-12, 21:59
looking back the last 3 crisis.....many idiots over commit and end up lying in a pool of blood at the void deck, best of all shittimes never report such news.

i foresee for the next 3 more crisis....history will repeat itself.....more suicides.

Exactly!!!!

If he die alone is fine.... Dragging along 4 senior parents plus 2 kids....

Omg!!!:tsk-tsk:

ysyap
07-06-12, 22:00
Dreaming is good and healthy. Obsession is not. I also always dream to stay in a 5xxx sqft cluster house but when I see the price tag, I think it'll just remain as a dream! :D

westman
07-06-12, 22:01
Isn't market preparing to head south.. wait... no its started to head south already...

My mum's wisdom...

When kopitiam auntie/uncles start talking about shares, get ready to sell !!!!

land118
07-06-12, 22:06
Guess TCSS, doubt Ah Tan will commit any time soon even if market head south....:2cents:

westman
07-06-12, 22:07
Dreaming is good and healthy. Obsession is not. I also always dream to stay in a 5xxx sqft cluster house but when I see the price tag, I think it'll just remain as a dream! :D

I dream Marq......... Ouch.... My wify just gave me a tight slaps!!! Wake up from your bloody dream.....

westman
07-06-12, 22:10
Guess TCSS, doubt Ah Tan will commit any time soon even if market head south....:2cents:

He seems very determine....:beats-me-man:

buttercarp
07-06-12, 22:26
This is a brilliant idea. However, my parents are required to stay put in home to look after my newborn child.

Congratulations on your newborn!
Hope your wife is breastfeeding your baby?
It is really economical and convenient.
Also breastfed babies have better immunity.

ysyap
07-06-12, 22:27
I dream Marq......... Ouch.... My wify just gave me a tight slaps!!! Wake up from your bloody dream.....Lol... but my wife don't give me that tight slap to wake me up coz she's also dreaming with me... Lol!!! :sleep:

yowetan
07-06-12, 22:34

Thanks.

Yes, my wife is breastfeeding our newborn.

I am scouting around Ridgewood, and have arranged for a viewing.

House
07-06-12, 22:34
crisis

1) valuation drop, bank ask you to top up the difference, cos agreed to loan you $800k when your house is worth $1m. now that your house is worth only $800k, you top 200k to continue the loan. if dont have 200k Sell die, dont sell also die

2) retrenched, makan also got problem where got $ to pay instalments?
3-6mth unpaid, bank tells you to sell your house or faces foreclosure

3) selling a house during crisis - either no takers or offer you dirt cheap price aka firesale.

4) before crisis a few k is nothing, when retrenched + crisis , spending $10 also must think 10 times.

think 100 times before committing a house!!!

land118
07-06-12, 22:37
I dream Marq......... Ouch.... My wify just gave me a tight slaps!!! Wake up from your bloody dream.....
Bro, lucky wify slap u only, not suspect how come suddenly u have secret account, never tell her all along...:D

fclim
08-06-12, 00:03

Eh sis, side track a bit. Why your nick is buttercarp, not buttercup as in your avatar?

buttercarp
08-06-12, 00:21
Eh sis, side track a bit. Why your nick is buttercarp, not buttercup as in your avatar?

Lol......
Finally someone asks me that!
Tried to use buttercup in a different forum but someone
already used it......
Anyway, I prefer buttercarp cos it is unique!

buttercarp
08-06-12, 00:29
Thanks.

Ridgewood has been around for more than 20 years.
Yet the asking price is still so high, about 2 mil for a 3 bedder.

stiook
08-06-12, 00:31

Have you ever thought about working hard or changing job to better advance your career? Probably not... you just want it easy.

fclim
08-06-12, 00:48
Lol......
Finally someone asks me that!
Tried to use buttercup in a different forum but someone
already used it......
Anyway, I prefer buttercarp cos it is unique!

ic...most powerful of the powerpuff girls..

dtrax
08-06-12, 01:53
Thanks.

Gd choice, 999yrs and close to 40% cheaper compared to trizon; if you can get it slight <1100psf. U will probably huat for enbloc but prepared to hold long n tight as what forumer has mentioned land big big and all major developers are pretty tied up with their existing units. Quantum not cheap at >1.7mil for 3rm so thread with care :)

If you can get at 10XX psf, mai tu liao just hoot

Ringo33
08-06-12, 03:47
crisis

1) valuation drop, bank ask you to top up the difference, cos agreed to loan you $800k when your house is worth $1m. now that your house is worth only $800k, you top 200k to continue the loan. if dont have 200k Sell die, dont sell also die

2) retrenched, makan also got problem where got $ to pay instalments?
3-6mth unpaid, bank tells you to sell your house or faces foreclosure

3) selling a house during crisis - either no takers or offer you dirt cheap price aka firesale.

4) before crisis a few k is nothing, when retrenched + crisis , spending $10 also must think 10 times.

think 100 times before committing a house!!!

16%ssd is the killer. 160k for 1m property.

yowetan
08-06-12, 09:03
Gd choice, 999yrs and close to 40% cheaper compared to trizon; if you can get it slight <1100psf. U will probably huat for enbloc but prepared to hold long n tight as what forumer has mentioned land big big and all major developers are pretty tied up with their existing units. Quantum not cheap at >1.7mil for 3rm so thread with care :)

If you can get at 10XX psf, mai tu liao just hoot

Hi..thanks for affirming my choice.

The primary reason to get Ridgewood is the place, space, environment and it's proximity to Henry Park Primary.

Enbloc is never part of the selection criteria, however the development has to be decent and well-equipped. I think Ridgewood is decent in this department and matches my expectation.

I am scouting around the premise, and has been calling 900-10xx psf for it. I am hoping any potential sellers or owners would contact me via PM here.

roly8
08-06-12, 09:43
mr yowetan, even i got $500k, i don't dare to wack a $2million freehold landed yet..

you got ball, go ahead and buy NOW! :cool:

yowetan
08-06-12, 09:51
mr yowetan, even i got $500k, i don't dare to wack a $2million freehold landed yet..

you got ball, go ahead and buy NOW! :cool:

Hi, I respect your decision/opinion.

I buy because there is a need.

roly8
08-06-12, 10:07
Hi, I respect your decision/opinion.

I buy because there is a need.

your HDB flat cannot squeeze any more people is it?

no oxygen in your HDB now is it?

yowetan
08-06-12, 10:09
your HDB flat cannot squeeze any more people is it?

no oxygen in your HDB now is it?

The needs is not just one-dimensional.

danntbt
08-06-12, 10:56
Hi..thanks for affirming my choice.

I am scouting around the premise, and has been calling 900-10xx psf for it. I am hoping any potential sellers or owners would contact me via PM here.
...........bro...its 2012 now...not 2008........maybe you shoulkd listen to B and wait hoping he is right......

roly8
08-06-12, 10:59
The needs is not just one-dimensional.

dunno what dimensional or what..

you got sex needs every day also.

better than worry about not able to grab a D10 property before price went up again? :cool:

yowetan
08-06-12, 11:00
...........bro...its 2012 now...not 2008........maybe you shoulkd listen to B and wait hoping he is right......

I thought there will always a window of opportunities to get my target psf range? I am hoping though.

yowetan
08-06-12, 11:02
dunno what dimensional or what..

you got sex needs every day also.

better than worry about not able to grab a D10 property before price went up again? :cool:

This is out of topic.

roly8
08-06-12, 11:03
This is out of topic.

you can jio the sexy young big breast angmo girl opposite your d10 condo everyday..
and maybe have fun in the swimming pool in the evening..

shiok ,right?

just don't let your wife or children see it :D:D

Vincegoh
08-06-12, 11:05
This is out of topic.

do u have enough money to renovate and refurbish the place? it's more than 20 yrs old after all!

yowetan
08-06-12, 11:11
do u have enough money to renovate and refurbish the place? it's more than 20 yrs old after all!

Hi. You have raised a vaild point.

Yes, this is why I'd like to visit and survey the said unit(s) if any to survey and assess the kind of renovation(s) required to make it stayable.

As far as I am aware, there are several units with reasonable good interior condition todate. I am factoring this hidden cost as part of the whole offer preposition component.

Vincegoh
08-06-12, 11:36
Hi. You have raised a vaild point.

Yes, this is why I'd like to visit and survey the said unit(s) if any to survey and assess the kind of renovation(s) required to make it stayable.

As far as I am aware, there are several units with reasonable good interior condition todate. I am factoring this hidden cost as part of the whole offer preposition component.

u need to cushion at least 30k cash for v basic work (electrical wiring, plastering and repainting etc) and furnishings. good luck.

yowetan
08-06-12, 15:34
u need to cushion at least 30k cash for v basic work (electrical wiring, plastering and repainting etc) and furnishings. good luck.

Thanks for the estimated cost.

I can ask my dad, and rope in my wife and mum to paint the walls.

Electrical wiring should be just fine if we get the right unit. Of coz, by surveying the place well, we may avoid additional job like plastering etc.

Flooring, I can loan a buffer machine for marble, or I could ask my friend to help out sanding and varnishing the timber flooring. I diy before, and it is really possible.

Poloclub
08-06-12, 15:48

Electrical wiring should be just fine if we get the right unit. Of coz, by surveying the place well, we may avoid additional job like plastering etc.

Flooring, I can loan a buffer machine for marble, or I could ask my friend to help out sanding and varnishing the timber flooring. I diy before, and it is really possible.

When you get a old unit, also need to consider changing the aircon and pipe if they are old. Or else it will be messy if you do it after moving in.

btw, have you for any letter of offer from bank yet?

yowetan
08-06-12, 15:55
When you get a old unit, also need to consider changing the aircon and pipe if they are old. Or else it will be messy if you do it after moving in.

btw, have you for any letter of offer from bank yet?

Yes, I have friend who is an air-con contractor. A system 4 Mitsuibishi Starmex was quoted by him at around 3000SGD inclusive of pipping and trunking etc. If I going to do or if there is really a need (Air-con too old), I will not conceal them since it is already old unit. I just have to make sure it doesn't protrudes out of nowhere.

Yes, I have recieved IP approval from SCB (My friend works there as relationship manager).

Yes, with IP approval and my manager's approval my workplace is granting me 80-90% loan amount up to 1.5 mil SGD.

buttercarp
08-06-12, 16:15

And yowetan, you should consider changing the water pipes and re do the water proofing in the toilets.
These usually break down in about 10 years.
If there is an inter floor leak, it will be one of the biggest headache especially if you have uncooperative neighbours.
If the unit that you are interested in has been extensively renovated, do ask the owner whether these have been done and whether he can pass you the receipt and guarantee of these when you have bought over the place.

Good luck!:)

Vincegoh
08-06-12, 16:20

ok make sure u dun skimp on the paint quality... need to get non toxic paint that's good quality as u have young children. all the best man (even though i'm still technically unconvinced you can comfortably afford a 1.3mil condo). :)

yowetan
08-06-12, 16:22
And yowetan, you should consider changing the water pipes and re do the water proofing in the toilets.
These usually break down in about 10 years.
If there is an inter floor leak, it will be one of the biggest headache especially if you have uncooperative neighbours.
If the unit that you are interested in has been extensively renovated, do ask the owner whether these have been done and whether he can pass you the receipt and guarantee of these when you have bought over the place.

Good luck!:)

Thanks for the nitty gritty details on the seepage and piping issues. I appreciate that. I will also ensure my incoming water has necessary filtration membrane to ensure water quality.

Yes, I will watch out on this too. Replacement of toilet bowls are necessary and mandatory as it is a hygiene and personal.