PDA

View Full Version : Should slow down and control GLS now before it is too late...

lajia
06-06-12, 14:49
What do you guys think? I think this is also a very effective cooling measure. Seems like if GLS don't stop now, we will be facing with different problem. Or ultimate end result could be worst. :hell-hath-no-fury:
PC price down, Resale HDB down, and the over supply with flood of new HDB in 5 year time when this ppl start to sell, wa, can't imagine...with the recent announcement of hdb first timer & 2nd timer queue shortening, it's time to jam brake on supply because some ppl might also jam brake due to global uncertainty. This global uncertainty itself is already a good CM...:rolleyes:

To have soft landing......my opinion is to slow down or stop GLS until the vacant units start to move again. :2cents:

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
06-06-12, 15:26
Dream a dream.

Economy is failing.

Gahmen will not arrest their own lucrative source of income. Need to boost up the reserves. As long got dev bid, show goes on.

rockinsg
06-06-12, 17:34
What do you guys think? I think this is also a very effective cooling measure. Seems like if GLS don't stop now, we will be facing with different problem. Or ultimate end result could be worst. :hell-hath-no-fury:
PC price down, Resale HDB down, and the over supply with flood of new HDB in 5 year time when this ppl start to sell, wa, can't imagine...with the recent announcement of hdb first timer & 2nd timer queue shortening, it's time to jam brake on supply because some ppl might also jam brake due to global uncertainty. This global uncertainty itself is already a good CM...:rolleyes:

To have soft landing......my opinion is to slow down or stop GLS until the vacant units start to move again. :2cents:

Why stop? Govt said they want correction. I think 20-30% correction is due anyway.
So let the game go on till it reaches that level. :hell-hath-no-fury:

radha08
06-06-12, 21:02
goverment Huat ahhh....

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2012/6/33269/pasir-ris-site-tender-attracts-5-bids

radha08
06-06-12, 21:03
Why stop? Govt said they want correction. I think 20-30% correction is due anyway.
So let the game go on till it reaches that level. :hell-hath-no-fury:

wont happen....singaporean got plenty plenty money....price drop 5% all cheong to buy..how to drop 20%..:confused:

DKSG
06-06-12, 21:06
wont happen....singaporean got plenty plenty money....price drop 5% all cheong to buy..how to drop 20%..:confused:

I very much agree!
Ask anyone around you looking for buy a property.

If u ask them pay 10% above current valuation they will say NO WAY!

But if you tell them got units selling at 5% below valuation - all cheong!

DKSG

radha08
06-06-12, 21:24
I very much agree!
Ask anyone around you looking for buy a property.

If u ask them pay 10% above current valuation they will say NO WAY!

But if you tell them got units selling at 5% below valuation - all cheong!

DKSG

yup this time around plenty plenty people waiting for repeat of early 2009 WONT happen....:rolleyes:

phantom_opera
06-06-12, 21:32
Tonnes of people like MR B, missed the boat, money eroded until u gone crazy already ...

Assume 5.5% inflation rate for 10y (2005-2015)

Your purchasing power will erode by 40% so 100k left with 60k purchasing power :scared-2:

It is enough for property market to stay flat till 2015, u still lose 40% if you hold cash ... is it not SCARY??

CCR
06-06-12, 22:51
yup this time around plenty plenty people waiting for repeat of early 2009 WONT happen....:rolleyes:

When everyone is waiting for something to happen it will not happen, coz when it drop only 5% all cheong liao...

azeoprop
06-06-12, 23:20
When everyone is waiting for something to happen it will not happen, coz when it drop only 5% all cheong liao...

Yah, a good example is Minton. In early 2012, the developer gave 5% discount. It suddenly sold so many units and became top 10 in sales charts for 2 months.

:cheers4:

Arcachon
07-06-12, 01:09

How you get "over supply with flood of new HDB in 5 year time". You think HDB build house don't need time just say we will build 25,000 unit and the 25,000 appear overnight. You need to add 3 to 4 years and we need to wait for 8 to 9 years to see the new unit on the market.

They start building after the erection in 7 May 2011 plus 8 to 9 years and we are talking in 7 May 2019 earliest.

latour
07-06-12, 10:37

Many many many agents also waiting for that 5% drop situation to boost sales transactions, they have to earn a living mah...