PDA

View Full Version : Ridgewood or Allsworth

yowetan
07-06-12, 19:39
This two development is pretty old, however it sits in D10 area and relatively near to Henry Park primary.

What are the chance(s) of them getting en-bloc as I intend to get either one of them as I have the intention to stay there, as well as avoiding unnecessary SSD penalty.

Please give all your inputs. Thanks.

CCR
07-06-12, 20:17
This two development is pretty old, however it sits in D10 area and relatively near to Henry Park primary.

What are the chance(s) of them getting en-bloc as I intend to get either one of them as I have the intention to stay there, as well as avoiding unnecessary SSD penalty.

Ridgewood big piece of land too ex to enbloc...
Allsworth park residents will not go enbloc.... as their current price is very high 1400psf.... must pay a lot to get them to enbloc..

The problem with units in that area including Pandan Valley is that there are not MRT and no action there.... I really like it there but I dont think there will be anything except gradual price appreciation

Great area to stay

Trapping-bird
07-06-12, 21:15

I recommend u go get a EC or a mm at OCR.. Dont think of landed or Fh anymore for god sake.

chiaberry
07-06-12, 21:20
I agree. Ridgewood is very unlikely to go en bloc in the near future. The last time they tried a few years ago, they only managed to garner less than 50% of the votes. Many of the residents there appreciate the spacious grounds. Even if they did get the required % of votes, it woul be too expensive for the developers to take on.

Dover MRT is accessible from the back of the development (I believe the walk is not too long).

I don't know about Allsworth Park.

yowetan
07-06-12, 21:49
Thanks all for the kind feedback in Mt Sinai area.

Yes, I agree totally that the area in Mt Sinai is really a nice place to stay in. It is really an conducive, inclusive and exclusive environment to live in.

I am just worried that if I am going to get a place to live, i.e. Ridgewood, and if announces shortly within the 4 years SSD, I will be victimise by the crude CM policy.

Ridgewood and allsworth are both spacious, however the former is really great piece of land. I have been scouting the place and admire the surroundings since last year.

I am about to commit into that area, and am wondering what could be the good psf for Ridgewood and/or allsworth park.

Please input your thoughts. Thanks.

yowetan
07-06-12, 21:51
I recommend u go get a EC or a mm at OCR.. Dont think of landed or Fh anymore for god sake.

Thanks for the kind suggestion. I am only interested in FH/999 private property with minimum 3 bedrooms.

EC is not FH/999 and MM is inhuman to stay (quoted from CDL)

westman
07-06-12, 22:12

哈哈哈。好心给雷劈!:hell-hath-no-fury:
人心不足蛇吞象。好高骛远。算了吧。

extremme
07-06-12, 22:46
Thanks for the kind suggestion. I am only interested in FH/999 private property with minimum 3 bedrooms.

with a $1.3m budget for 3bedder guess OCR will be better fit for u...

ay123
08-06-12, 09:38
should let him commit and bear any consequences if thing turn sour. afterall he should be mature and clever (unless he is really so immature and so stupid) enough to know the risk of putting his 2 families as bet to fulfil his unrealistic dream.
maybe can pick his firesale at 50% when crisis struck.

ah tan, quick show yr steel ball and be brave to commit yr purchase and not wasting time asking for opinion

yowetan
08-06-12, 09:41
should let him commit and bear any consequences if thing turn sour. afterall he should be mature and clever (unless he is really so immature and so stupid) enough to know the risk of putting his 2 families as bet to fulfil his unrealistic dream.

ah tan, quick show yr steel ball and be brave to commit yr purchase and not wasting time asking for opinion

Hi. I do not have steel balls but I do have the vision to own and live in D10 area.

I am currently working on it.

phantom_opera
08-06-12, 09:44
Because his children are going into Henry Park ... how to ask him to go OCR

This is typical Singkapoor (not poor in salary, but poor in judgement)

1. Die die must go Henry Park ... there are so many good primary schools in Singkapore ...e.g. Taonan

2. Die die must stay D9 / D10, what is wrong with D14 for example .. you have good school there too .... Kong Hwa

3. Die die must go freehold even if rental yield sucks big time and G7 economy is not going into the same growth rate again

4. Die die must buy big ... head not big enough want to wear big hat ... for God sake return the HDB to your parents and buy something smaller lah

roly8
08-06-12, 10:05

support.

ahtan, show your steel balls NOW!!!

:D

ay123
08-06-12, 10:08
Hi. I do not have steel balls but I do have the vision to own and live in D10 area.

I am currently working on it.

wow like tat still not steel ball!!!! compare to u i only meat ball. but meat ball is bouncy that can bounce anywhere thats suitable. is more flexible than a steel ball

gn108
08-06-12, 10:33
Bro, relax la...don't blow any blood vessels...

He won't buy la ...he only like to pair a couple of developments and ask for comparisons for kind hearted people like yourself to advice. Now D10, other times D15 but always FH and with many contraints.

Actually he's quite clever chap but wasting people good nature here by trolling.

Because his children are going into Henry Park ... how to ask him to go OCR

This is typical Singkapoor (not poor in salary, but poor in judgement)

1. Die die must go Henry Park ... there are so many good primary schools in Singkapore ...e.g. Taonan

2. Die die must stay D9 / D10, what is wrong with D14 for example .. you have good school there too .... Kong Hwa

3. Die die must go freehold even if rental yield sucks big time and G7 economy is not going into the same growth rate again

4. Die die must buy big ... head not big enough want to wear big hat ... for God sake return the HDB to your parents and buy something smaller lah

Laguna
08-06-12, 10:38
aiyo, this Ah Tan, thinks big big, talks big big
but act tiny tiny....

We are so busy in talking about him and at the same time, working so hard for him to advise him for nothing

He is a real NATO

CCR
08-06-12, 10:40
Hey... can someone enlighten me why yowetan is being bashed? I want to know what was said that make many forummers so worked up....

bargain hunter
08-06-12, 10:44
ridgewood lowest ask is $1.85m, lowest caveat is $1.68m.

mr tan, if $1.6m will ur finances be ok?

roly8
08-06-12, 10:54
Bro, relax la...don't blow any blood vessels...

He won't buy la ...he only like to pair a couple of developments and ask for comparisons for kind hearted people like yourself to advice. Now D10, other times D15 but always FH and with many contraints.

Actually he's quite clever chap but wasting people good nature here by trolling.

many old uncle & auntie here dunno yowetan have been trolling for months at condosingapore...

still keep feeding this troll and fall into the troll trap..:banghead:

yowetan
08-06-12, 10:55
ridgewood lowest ask is $1.85m, lowest caveat is $1.68m.

mr tan, if $1.6m will ur finances be ok?

Hi...I think I will need to survey the said unit and relook into my finance sheet before committing a Yes to 1.6 mil price tag at the moment.

Do you happen to know if there is such a unit? Could you advise its psf? Thanks.

gn108
08-06-12, 11:00
Can imagine him laughing with some of these kind people's advice.

But if you just do it as an academic/senario exercise, his 'perpetual difficult choice' is actually quite good/fun to think about. Even his contraints, which are very cleverly crafted.

That said - he sldn't troll. He sld just post as a hypothetical topic and ask forummers to contribute, like others here. This is more responsible.

many old uncle & auntie here dunno yowetan have been trolling for months at condosingapore...

still keep feeding this troll and fall into the troll trap..:banghead:

roly8
08-06-12, 11:07

But if you just do it as an academic/senario exercise, his 'perpetual difficult choice' is actually quite good/fun to think about. Even his contraints, which are very cleverly crafted.

That said - he sldn't troll. He sld just post as a hypothetical topic and ask forummers to contribute, like others here. This is more responsible.

he is bored & nothing to do at his backend IT desk in the bank sector..

i can understand the misery of sitting down and wait for his miserable $3k paycheck every month...hoping to wack a 1.5million or more D10 property..

talk big but wallet so small... mr yowetan, go back & sleep la :hell-hath-no-fury:

yowetan
08-06-12, 11:13
he is bored & nothing to do at his backend IT desk in the bank sector..

i can understand the misery of sitting down and wait for his miserable $3k paycheck every month...hoping to wack a 1.5million or more D10 property..

talk big but wallet so small... mr yowetan, go back & sleep la :hell-hath-no-fury:

I am not in IT desk nor work as backend IT support in bank.

I am clearing my leave to stay home with my newborn.

As far as I like to correct you, bank's backend IT are not as lowly paid as you mentioned above.

land118
08-06-12, 11:18
aiyo, this Ah Tan, thinks big big, talks big big
but act tiny tiny....

We are so busy in talking about him and at the same time, working so hard for him to advise him for nothing

He is a real NATO
We become Goondo Gurus? :scared-4:

Vincegoh
08-06-12, 11:34
I am not in IT desk nor work as backend IT support in bank.

I am clearing my leave to stay home with my newborn.

As far as I like to correct you, bank's backend IT are not as lowly paid as you mentioned above.

but u are in back office lar. just not in IT.

and u are really quite lowly paid leh. how many yrs of experience do u have? if above 5 yrs, u shld be able to get a good pay jump on your next move. spend more time on your career (instead of hankering for your dream house) and u will see the latter realised sooner!

roly8
08-06-12, 11:37
We become Goondo Gurus? :scared-4:

unfortunately, yes.. :doh:

CCR
08-06-12, 11:43

So can someone please enlighten me what with yowetan? salary too low to buy 1.6m condo?

Vincegoh
08-06-12, 11:47
So can someone please enlighten me what with yowetan? salary too low to buy 1.6m condo?

laguna went thru the crux.. the issue is not with the low income, but with him taking the rental income of his parent's hdb and then not giving them allowances and asking them to be free maid n babysitter. plus his social sin of not purchasing any insurance for his parents, believing that the govt will take care of his folks even if they have no $$ for medical bills. he said that's wad many foreigners are doing in singapore and he will take similar advantage of it.

so well, the perceived mistreatment of his parents (but to yowetan is just filial piety on a different stroke treatment), is the reason why most of the forumners here are up in arms.

not purely $$ in question.. but mainly morals and principles in question.

yowetan
08-06-12, 11:51
laguna went thru the crux.. the issue is not with the low income, but with him taking the rental income of his parent's hdb and then not giving them allowances and asking them to be free maid n babysitter. plus his social sin of not purchasing any insurance for his parents, believing that the govt will take care of his folks even if they have no $$ for medical bills. he said that's wad many foreigners are doing in singapore and he will take similar advantage of it.

so well, the perceived mistreatment of his parents (but to yowetan is just filial piety on a different stroke treatment), is the reason why most of the forumners here are up in arms.

Thank you for summarise the whole saga.

roly8
08-06-12, 11:53
Thank you for summarise the whole saga.

you got see last night sun wukong chn8 show or not?

unfilial son will get send to level 18 in hell
kena torture until deep deep... make you very shiok..

yowetan
08-06-12, 11:57
you got see last night sun wukong chn8 show or not?

unfilial son will get send to level 18 in hell
kena torture until deep deep... make you very shiok..

I am spending most of my time taking care of my newborn while surfing internet.

Filial piety definition is a very broad topic with wide variable spectrum. As I have had said, different people different notion different stroke of actions.

bargain hunter
08-06-12, 12:52
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9795283/for-sale-ridgewood-condominium

lowest asking 1.85m 1353psf. try negotiating down if u can afford it.

Hi...I think I will need to survey the said unit and relook into my finance sheet before committing a Yes to 1.6 mil price tag at the moment.

Do you happen to know if there is such a unit? Could you advise its psf? Thanks.

CCR
08-06-12, 13:38

Thank you very much.....

Now I understand.....

ay123
08-06-12, 14:33

Filial piety definition is a very broad topic with wide variable spectrum. As I have had said, different people different notion different stroke of actions.

to ah tan, by giving some space to his parents to stay is very filial. even with free babysitting, giving him the HDB rental proceed is peanut compared to his free space to house the olds. sign new generation has redefine filial definition

yowetan
08-06-12, 15:31
to ah tan, by giving some space to his parents to stay is very filial. even with free babysitting, giving him the HDB rental proceed is peanut compared to his free space to house the olds. sign new generation has redefine filial definition

To each of his/her own entitlement and opinions.

I cannot possibly imposing my value(s) to you, and sometimes what seems unorthodox may not be norm too.

This is a subjective and argumentative topic anyway.

yowetan
08-06-12, 15:48
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9795283/for-sale-ridgewood-condominium

lowest asking 1.85m 1353psf. try negotiating down if u can afford it.

Thanks for the lead. I do visit propertyguru portal as well.

Also, I am reaching out deals through straitstimes property classfied ads as well.

I am trying to find geniune seller who is willing to let go at 900++ psf to 10xx psf for Ridgewood. I will try to negotiate but definitely not attempting to low ball if the owner made their stand clear.

Trapping-bird
08-06-12, 16:50

Stroke your k-k bird style?

Trapping-bird
08-06-12, 17:37

It's more inhuman to stunt parents Hdb rental and not giving them a single cent.. Not talking abt you but as a general view..

Poloclub
08-06-12, 17:50
It's more inhuman to stunt parents Hdb rental and not giving them a single cent.. Not talking abt you but as a general view..

i agree. As much as you can, NEVER try to uproot your parent from their kampong because elderly people usually prefer to lead a simple life and live among familiar neighbors.

i honestly think its cruel to take them out from HDB estate and put them in a new environment that they are not familiar with. Worst if they have to sacrifice their life just to live with all those red hair monkey.

teddybear
08-06-12, 22:07
I find it very funny with all these bashing. If his parents want to give him, what is there for you all to say?
Worst still, all those that got no balls to take risk say other people take too much risks! lol!
As far as I can see, yowetan is much smarter than those who ask him to buy EC or OCR properties! :beats-me-man:
Ultimately, only people who take calculated risks will grow rich. The rest can just bullshit with all their BIG theories here.

Ibuyistay
09-06-12, 00:41
I have been a lurker for a while and have learnt tremendously from this forum.
TS has raised questions that have generated several constructive replies/criticisms from forummers like dtrax & CCR, which I think has benefited newbies like myself.

no need to bash him so hard right? :2cents:

dtrax
09-06-12, 01:07
I have been a lurker for a while and have learnt tremendously from this forum.
TS has raised questions that have generated several constructive replies/criticisms from forummers like dtrax & CCR, which I think has benefited newbies like myself.

no need to bash him so hard right? :2cents:

that is why singapore gov so efficient.. everything all law-by-law. Sad to say this forum does not have an active moderator to enforce house rules/forum etiquette, that's why so many people can wu-fa-wu-tian.. otherwise it will be a more friendly place for everyone to interact.

johnkhaw
09-06-12, 12:59
According to Singapore's Concept Plan 2001, there will be a new MRT line that runs along Holland Road and Ulu Pandan Road before going to UniSIM and Ngee Ann Poly towards Bukit Batok and Tengah, a new town to be built in the next 20 years.

From the Concept Plan, you can see that the new MRT line will have an interchange at Holland Village and then going towards Ulu Pandan Road. It is very likely that a station will be built on the vacant land in front of Allsworth Park.

This will be both a good and bad news, depending on how you look at it. During the MRT construction period, the property value will go down but in the long run, having an MRT station in front of your condo is a BIG bonus...

Ridgewood big piece of land too ex to enbloc...
Allsworth park residents will not go enbloc.... as their current price is very high 1400psf.... must pay a lot to get them to enbloc..

The problem with units in that area including Pandan Valley is that there are not MRT and no action there.... I really like it there but I dont think there will be anything except gradual price appreciation

Great area to stay

yowetan
09-06-12, 13:08
According to Singapore's Concept Plan 2001, there will be a new MRT line that runs along Holland Road and Ulu Pandan Road before going to UniSIM and Ngee Ann Poly towards Bukit Batok and Tengah, a new town to be built in the next 20 years.

From the Concept Plan, you can see that the new MRT line will have an interchange at Holland Village and then going towards Ulu Pandan Road. It is very likely that a station will be built on the vacant land in front of Allsworth Park.

This will be both a good and bad news, depending on how you look at it. During the MRT construction period, the property value will go down but in the long run, having an MRT station in front of your condo is a BIG bonus...

This is a very good piece of information.

Tulip09
15-08-17, 07:24
I just heard from a Friend who owns a unit in en bloc that they have sent out letters to call for discussion on en bloc.

Tulip09
15-08-17, 07:25
I just heard from a Friend who owns a unit in en bloc that they have sent out letters to call for discussion on en bloc.

Sorry. I was referring to Ridgewood