View Full Version : Govt PUBLIC housing launches..."Rojak"

21-06-12, 05:12
Realised that its quite a tricky situation out there....

Was over at my cousins place last weekend he got a DBSS flat at Boon Keng called city view...i was telling him like wow nice place and good catch but he told me YOU KNOW what that BIG open field next to it going to be a new HDB BTO launch...:doh:...so case in point will it PULL up or PULL down the value of his DBSS flat...:confused:

Then i did a bit more searching on HDB website and realised that BIG plot of land next to SKY habitat is Going to be an EC.....OUCH!!

So in SUMMARY i take it that its a ROJAK market out there...high end/low end...side by side....basically NO END.....:sleep::sleep::sleep::D

21-06-12, 06:31
Realised that its quite a tricky situation out there....

Was over at my cousins place last weekend he got a DBSS flat at Boon Keng called city view...i was telling him like wow nice place and good catch but he told me YOU KNOW what that BIG open field next to it going to be a new HDB BTO launch...:doh:...so case in point will it PULL up or PULL down the value of his DBSS flat...:confused:

Then i did a bit more searching on HDB website and realised that BIG plot of land next to SKY habitat is Going to be an EC.....OUCH!!

So in SUMMARY i take it that its a ROJAK market out there...high end/low end...side by side....basically NO END.....:sleep::sleep::sleep::D

In the first place why is HDB selling residential land to pte developers?

21-06-12, 07:10
To fund their massive BTO projects all over Singapore. Or else no money to build.
:rolleyes:

21-06-12, 07:23

Couldn't find the info about EC at Bishan. It lOoks like a condo instead. Which URL should I be looking at?

21-06-12, 07:49
so all hoot ec @ bishan!:)

21-06-12, 08:14
No lah... It will be PC..
Site slated for EC will have " (EC) " marked.

See this link:
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2012/pr12-60a.html

insigina
21-06-12, 08:35
No lah... It will be PC..
Site slated for EC will have " (EC) " marked.

See this link:
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2012/pr12-60a.html

After Capland helped govt realize the gold mine in bishan you think they are going to set aside the land as EC??? Govt preparing another HUAT!

coolchoc
21-06-12, 09:01
To fund their massive BTO projects all over Singapore. Or else no money to build.
:rolleyes:

Remember seeing this "phenomenon" happening recently in Clementi Ave 4 too - DBSS Trivelis launch followed by BTO

Then last week the JLB ec plot launched just next to the 3 pc plots + 1 ec plot.

Will feel "cheated" if I were one of the earlier buyers in either of these.... Why MND practices this nowadays? What are they trying to achieve?

21-06-12, 09:08
Remember seeing this "phenomenon" happening recently in Clementi Ave 4 too - DBSS Trivelis launch followed by BTO

Then last week the JLB ec plot launched just next to the 3 pc plots + 1 ec plot.

Will feel "cheated" if I were one of the earlier buyers in either of these.... Why MND practices this nowadays? What are they trying to achieve?

got new EC in JLB meh??
near where one?

all i know is hotel, office, malls..

21-06-12, 10:08
Couldn't find the info about EC at Bishan. It lOoks like a condo instead. Which URL should I be looking at?

This link says:
Bishan Street 14 (PDF 104KB), Condominium or Flats, 1.12, 4.9, Oct 2012 *
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10330p.nsf/w/LandDevMangGovtLand?OpenDocument

21-06-12, 10:50
Oops sorry my mistake at 4am....the p looked like e...should
Be PC...anyway point is cheng hu...suka suka mix n match housing
So just beware any BIG pieces of open land....just like one next to
Downtown east thats going to be an EC.....good for ec buyers but how
Bout those that bot ripple bay sea esta....

21-06-12, 10:57
how about lining up DBSS and BTO side-by-side, with BTO going at 30-40% cheaper than their counterparts?

21-06-12, 10:57

That EC land is quite big besides Watercolour(EC) and Sea-Esta(PC) actually. Ya you rite, will affect those launched;

Watercolour(EC) - not so bad, if can wait this new location better.
SeaStrand - stranded liao.
Ripple Bay - ripped ??
Sea-Esta - waiting for this new 'esta' to come on board...

21-06-12, 11:37

The only type that is protected against rojak mixing is GCB. But not for lesser mortals definitely.

coolchoc
21-06-12, 11:37
got new EC in JLB meh??
near where one?

all i know is hotel, office, malls..

Probably upcoming EC's entrance will be at pasir ris drive 3. So more accurately, I and say new EC at PR dr 3.

Btw, JLB will have hotel, office, mall??

coolchoc
21-06-12, 11:40
The only type that is protected against rojak mixing is GCB. But not for lesser mortals definitely.

Those in Farrer road considered GCB? Huge d'leedon towering the entrance....
Perimeters of GCB also not spared.
Those in novena area, behind IRAS also got condos sprouting around....

21-06-12, 12:22
This link says:
Bishan Street 14 (PDF 104KB), Condominium or Flats, 1.12, 4.9, Oct 2012 *
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10330p.nsf/w/LandDevMangGovtLand?OpenDocument

Sky Habitat sales will be badly dented :scared-4: Agents can get ready to eat grass already. Developer is going to give steeper discount soon. Owners who bought units facing the EC will regret big time.

paulho77
21-06-12, 12:27
Sky Habitat sales will be badly dented :scared-4: Agents can get ready to eat grass already. Developer is going to give steeper discount soon. Owners who bought units facing the EC will regret big time.

huh ?? so its EC or PC ??

21-06-12, 12:28
On the website its stated as '... or Flats' ???
Bishan Street 14 (PDF 104KB), Condominium or Flats, 1.12, 4.9, Oct 2012

What does this really mean? or we wait for HDB to built BTOs then go buy those Sky Habitat BTOs facing for cheap cheap price... that will take a few years.

21-06-12, 16:25
Its a private condo. Bishan all the land are HDB land. So there is a chance any of those empty plots near the MRT can be EC or HDB flats.

And why is HDB taking land cheap from SLA and reselling to PRIVATE? If SLA allocate land to HDB, pls for goodness sake build HDB flats.

21-06-12, 18:29
huh ?? so its EC or PC ??

I also c wrongly. Looks like PC. Not keen.

21-06-12, 19:07
Probably upcoming EC's entrance will be at pasir ris drive 3. So more accurately, I and say new EC at PR dr 3.

Btw, JLB will have hotel, office, mall??

Mind to share where JLB?

It's jia Liao bi?

21-06-12, 21:39
Mind to share where JLB?

It's jia Liao bi?
jurong lake district :o

21-06-12, 22:47
Mind to share where JLB?

It's jia Liao bi?

jalan loyang besar...next to downtown east...:cool:

22-06-12, 07:28
jalan loyang besar...next to downtown east...:cool:

Great!!! Another good place to huatx3!!!

Huat ah!!!

22-06-12, 14:29
Great!!! Another good place to huatx3!!!

Huat ah!!!

u can huat x 10...cos around there got about 10 NEW condo PROJECTS coming up..:doh:

22-06-12, 14:44
u can huat x 10...cos around there got about 10 NEW condo PROJECTS coming up..:doh:

huat-ness is inversrly proportional to the number of new units available leh......