PDA

View Full Version : Bank Valn Getting Lower?

may2012
25-06-12, 20:16
I notice bank are getting conservative and seem to give lower valuations. But most sellers still seems to be asking above bank value. Also notice the wide differences in valuations from one bank to another lately.

If this persist, I think sales volume will cont to drop. So will you buy above valn, at valn or below valn at this time?

House
25-06-12, 20:46
dont think so leh. Unless you go for foreign banks.

try to check with local banks - no problem with uob, ocbc, dbs sometimes wont match.

sellers that ask for above val - you just let them wait long long.
nowadays market no good, already lots of property asking below valuation.
take your time to look around

radha08
25-06-12, 22:31
dont think so leh. Unless you go for foreign banks.

try to check with local banks - no problem with uob, ocbc, dbs sometimes wont match.

sellers that ask for above val - you just let them wait long long.
nowadays market no good, already lots of property asking below valuation.
take your time to look around

roger i waiting just hope no wait long long..:(

House
25-06-12, 22:38
roger i waiting just hope no wait long long..:(

you the seller or the buyer? oops :D

starrynight
28-06-12, 12:21
Some banks are still aggressive! I contacted HSBC, Citi and DBS this week to check on indicative basis how much they are willing to lend me if I were to buy a property.

HSBC: max $2m loan
DBS: max $4.5m loan
Citi: has not reverted yet.

Banker from DBS said that June market for resale property was very quiet, but has picked up significantly this week after the school holidays ended. I take it with a pinch of salt though.

She did say that for some resale properties, especially cluster housing, there is a mismatch between valuation and asking prices though.

I notice bank are getting conservative and seem to give lower valuations. But most sellers still seems to be asking above bank value. Also notice the wide differences in valuations from one bank to another lately.

If this persist, I think sales volume will cont to drop. So will you buy above valn, at valn or below valn at this time?

may2012
28-06-12, 13:18
Some banks are still aggressive! I contacted HSBC, Citi and DBS this week to check on indicative basis how much they are willing to lend me if I were to buy a property.

HSBC: max $2m loan
DBS: max $4.5m loan
Citi: has not reverted yet.

Banker from DBS said that June market for resale property was very quiet, but has picked up significantly this week after the school holidays ended. I take it with a pinch of salt though.

She did say that for some resale properties, especially cluster housing, there is a mismatch between valuation and asking prices though.

Mismatch as in low valn and higher asking price?

starrynight
28-06-12, 13:33
Yup! 10 chr

Mismatch as in low valn and higher asking price?

radha08
28-06-12, 19:23
i seen a good 20 to 30 apts all over the east coast this year...banks were willing to match all sellers asking price.....:cool:

of course i neber bought cos prices are CRAZY....:D