http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9848476/for-sale-fiorenza

2) Oasis Garden
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/10234243/for-sale-oasis-garden
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9050555/for-sale-oasis-garden

3) Nova 48
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/10247257/for-sale-nova-48

4) Palm Vista (telok kurau G)
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/7688809/for-sale-palm-vista

If you have to buy for own stay, which of the above will you rate higher? any comments much appreciated!! :)

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
28-06-12, 17:13
oasis gdn for me, rest cmi.

Vincegoh
28-06-12, 17:27
oasis gdn for me, rest cmi.

thanks boss.. i actually visited Palm Vista earlier.. thought it was not too bad just that too much wasted space.

will be viewing Oasis Garden tmr and have read all 70+ pages of feedback in the forum earlier. :D

Fiorenza seemed abit pricey (comparatively speakly) but will also go check it out tmr since near OG.

DC33_2008
28-06-12, 20:52
But next to industrial estate.
thanks boss.. i actually visited Palm Vista earlier.. thought it was not too bad just that too much wasted space.

will be viewing Oasis Garden tmr and have read all 70+ pages of feedback in the forum earlier. :D

Fiorenza seemed abit pricey (comparatively speakly) but will also go check it out tmr since near OG.

limwl27
28-06-12, 22:15
Yo bro, me no expert so these are just my personal opinion :)

1) Fiorenza
>> Always pass by this after eating the Punggol nasi lemak :D Didn't like the look and the narrow road leading into it.

2) Oasis Garden
>> Kinda like this one (from exterior) but my family didn't like the environment so I didn't arrange for viewing. Seems quite a lot of people selling it.

>> This looks good actually. I'm more of a balcony/roof terrace person though :P

If you are looking at TK, can try look at closer to East Coast Road. ERL has station at Marina Parade and Siglap so good chance of a intermediate station nearby.

Vincegoh
28-06-12, 23:11
Yo bro, me no expert so these are just my personal opinion :)

1) Fiorenza
>> Always pass by this after eating the Punggol nasi lemak :D Didn't like the look and the narrow road leading into it.

2) Oasis Garden
>> Kinda like this one (from exterior) but my family didn't like the environment so I didn't arrange for viewing. Seems quite a lot of people selling it.

>> This looks good actually. I'm more of a balcony/roof terrace person though :P

If you are looking at TK, can try look at closer to East Coast Road. ERL has station at Marina Parade and Siglap so good chance of a intermediate station nearby.
Thanks bro.. Very much appreciated with the feedback.

I actually considered a couple devt along east coast road.. But pricing abit prohibitive so decided to suck thumb and stick to telok kurau area. Elliot at east coast was closest to what I was looking but will bust my budget by 150k. :(

Vincegoh
28-06-12, 23:13
But next to industrial estate.
Thanks for heads up. Did read from the main thread that it seems to be light industrial so relatively ok. Will suss it out tmr when I view to make sure I'm comfortable with it.

In all likelihood I think I will be deciding on either oasis garden or palm vista. Have given myself until next mon to end my house hunting.. Hopefully on mon one of my offers will be accepted! Fingers crossed tight tight!!!

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
28-06-12, 23:20
Thanks for heads up. Did read from the main thread that it seems to be light industrial so relatively ok. Will suss it out tmr when I view to make sure I'm comfortable with it.

In all likelihood I think I will be deciding on either oasis garden or palm vista. Have given myself until next mon to end my house hunting.. Hopefully on mon one of my offers will be accepted! Fingers crossed tight tight!!!
How long you been searching? Why the Mon deadline? Need to choose and register school for kid?

Vincegoh
28-06-12, 23:37
How long you been searching? Why the Mon deadline? Need to choose and register school for kid?
I been searching for around a mth.. Deadline cos I need to vacate my sold flat in oct.. Meaning I have only less than 4mths to offer, get bank approval, exercise, wait for txn completion, engage id, renovate and move my barang barang over.. Seems super tight.. Stressed. :o

If by next week still can't buy.. Then I will change my attention to search for rental liao. But this is not my preferred option.. :beats-me-man:

bakasa2002
28-06-12, 23:42
Elliot is nice n quiet but the nearby mosque can get quite crowded on fri. :)

You can consider east bay, it looks not bad.

Vincegoh
28-06-12, 23:50

Thanks bro. But eastbay no sellers leh.. I looking for 3br units. :(

bakasa2002
28-06-12, 23:53
Thanks bro. But eastbay no sellers leh.. I looking for 3br units. :(

Ya, Poshgrove east is good size dev but prices on the high side, can take a look if within yr budget. :)

Vincegoh
28-06-12, 23:55
Ya, Poshgrove east is good size dev but prices on the high side, can take a look if within yr budget. :)
This one I salivated when I looked at it.. But out of my budget so din even dare ask agent about it. :scared-2:

East Lover
29-06-12, 09:16
I been searching for around a mth.. Deadline cos I need to vacate my sold flat in oct.. Meaning I have only less than 4mths to offer, get bank approval, exercise, wait for txn completion, engage id, renovate and move my barang barang over.. Seems super tight.. Stressed. :o

If by next week still can't buy.. Then I will change my attention to search for rental liao. But this is not my preferred option.. :beats-me-man:
IMO, rent for one year may not be a bad option, given such unclear situation. who knows, maybe next year you may have 50% discount if you believe basically :D

eng81157
29-06-12, 09:33
how about villa marina? costa del sol?

hyenergix
29-06-12, 09:41

Good to rent 1st even if HDB to find a nice hse. Buy hse is no joke w e stamp duties n many hidden costs, so u cannot juz sell ur hse within 4 years else lugi big time.

eng81157
29-06-12, 09:45
This one I salivated when I looked at it.. But out of my budget so din even dare ask agent about it. :scared-2:

the blocks are pretty close to one another, too cramp for my liking when i first visited it.

Vincegoh
29-06-12, 10:15
IMO, rent for one year may not be a bad option, given such unclear situation. who knows, maybe next year you may have 50% discount if you believe basically :D

me think prices will remain rather firm for the next 1 to 2 years.. and not really that keen to rent for longer than that. rather have somewhere to call home... :o

Vincegoh
29-06-12, 10:16
how about villa marina? costa del sol?

me have very tight criteria.. less than 3 years old, FH or 999, >1300 sqft, ard 1.6m. :o

Vincegoh
29-06-12, 10:17
the blocks are pretty close to one another, too cramp for my liking when i first visited it.

i din even visit the development.. cos i know i cant afford it.. :( :cheers1:

Vincegoh
29-06-12, 10:18
Good to rent 1st even if HDB to find a nice hse. Buy hse is no joke w e stamp duties n many hidden costs, so u cannot juz sell ur hse within 4 years else lugi big time.

yeah, me intend to stay for long.. so dun think i will sell within the next few years hence ssd shldnt affect me.

tat's why finding it hard to find my dream abode at the right price now. if really cant find, then i will just rent liao. boh bian. :(

roly8
29-06-12, 11:08
location wise, Telok is better.

and try get condo near to future MRT around that area.. :D

Laguna
29-06-12, 11:13

Not true, the traffic from the mosque is along MP road and not Elliot Road

Elliot shall be a good choice, should be near to the ERL

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
29-06-12, 14:15
me have very tight criteria.. less than 3 years old, FH or 999, >1300 sqft, ard 1.6m. :o

u... not related to dear yowe are u?

Vincegoh
29-06-12, 14:48
u... not related to dear yowe are u?

haha, unlike him, i am not aiming d9, d10 or d11. i'm aiming d19 or telok kurau kachang puteh units. :p

anyway thanks everyone for your selfless sharing. i think i have reached my decision on the unit to get at OG.. phew... :cheers4:

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
29-06-12, 14:52
haha, unlike him, i am not aiming d9, d10 or d11. i'm aiming d19 or telok kurau kachang puteh units. :p

anyway thanks everyone for your selfless sharing. i think i have reached my decision on the unit to get at OG.. phew... :cheers4:

yayyyyyyyy! congrats. if its any comfort, i know of friend who moved there from The Carribbean n yet loving it.

roly8
29-06-12, 15:28
OG is nice.. like the bali theme
do feel relax when come back home after a stressful day. :D

i doubt the industrial estate give any nasty smell.. :o

Vincegoh
29-06-12, 16:22
yayyyyyyyy! congrats. if its any comfort, i know of friend who moved there from The Carribbean n yet loving it.

yeah really breathed a sigh of relief knowing that i can now concentrate on getting the right offer in. feels like a load off my shoulder...

now just need to make sure my offer gets accepted soon (cannot offer today cos still waiting for HDB to confirm with me that i can exercise option before 1st apptmt. alot of conflicting info from them; over phone say can do it before 1st appmt 2 weeks ago but just received an email from them last min to say need to wait for 1st appmt). ganjeong man. both my agent and myself trying to call the person in charge but machiam she not in office. called a million times all voice mail. :doh:

Vincegoh
29-06-12, 16:26
OG is nice.. like the bali theme
do feel relax when come back home after a stressful day. :D

i doubt the industrial estate give any nasty smell.. :o

yah i was very impressed by the landscaping for such a small devt. and i find the industrial buildings by the side not an eyesore also. seems pretty fine to me. :)

bakasa2002
29-06-12, 16:45
Congrats, hope you settle the paperwork and get your unit at OG. :)

Vincegoh
29-06-12, 17:07
Congrats, hope you settle the paperwork and get your unit at OG. :)

now waiting for hdb reply then can settle paperwork liao. will try to negotiate very near seller's asking so think that side shld be ok.

bakasa2002
29-06-12, 21:06
now waiting for hdb reply then can settle paperwork liao. will try to negotiate very near seller's asking so think that side shld be ok.

3br less than 1.5?

Vincegoh
30-06-12, 17:45
3br less than 1.5?
Thats right bro. Actually considering another 3+1 unit also

bakasa2002
01-07-12, 00:19
Thats right bro. Actually considering another 3+1 unit also

Definitely a better buy than Bartley residences of u drive!

hyenergix
01-07-12, 07:45
OG is in the midst of factories and army camp. Psf is very good though and it is new and FH. No car no talk here. I don't think it is nice or safe to walk around industrial estate at night though.

ysyap
01-07-12, 08:12

anyway thanks everyone for your selfless sharing. i think i have reached my decision on the unit to get at OG.. phew... :cheers4:Congrats on your decision. One big load off your mind. :rolleyes:

Vincegoh
01-07-12, 08:50
OG is in the midst of factories and army camp. Psf is very good though and it is new and FH. No car no talk here. I don't think it is nice or safe to walk around industrial estate at night though.
Yah indeed no car no talk here. Will be quite a walk from mrt or bus stop indeed.

Vincegoh
01-07-12, 08:51
Congrats on your decision. One big load off your mind. :rolleyes:
Thanks bro. Pity we can't be neibors at LDV. :(

DC33_2008
01-07-12, 10:28
No problem with food here as they bak kut teh shop just round the corner. Quite a lot of foreign workers around here day and night. Bartley is more atas compared to here. here
Definitely a better buy than Bartley residences of u drive!