PDA

View Full Version : i've that feeling of property had peak-ed and coming down, bcoz...

ikan bilis
14-07-12, 13:39
i've that feeling of property had peak-ed and coming down, bcoz...

=> this forum is so boring and quiet... a good indicator of property market peaked... :D

sh
14-07-12, 14:14

=> this forum is so boring and quiet... a good indicator of property market peaked... :D

I got that feeling that there are less people logged on too.

That means interest has waned.... But does it mean the market has topped? :confused:

Not sure.... Or is it time to buy when no one else is buying?:beats-me-man:

buttercarp
14-07-12, 14:18
No lah..... Nothing interesting eg no new CM.
So nothing to gossip about.
No talk does not mean market dropping.

dtrax
14-07-12, 14:27
refer to the proprietary MrB Indices, can probably gain some useful insights

CondoInterested
14-07-12, 14:49
Less ppl login because for some past few weeks, I normally use google to come here, there is a virus warning by google on this site.

it's just recently the warning is gone then I dare to come in this site.

carbuncle
14-07-12, 15:32
Too early to make that conclusion when it's only recent that

Most users ever online was 6,954, May 16th, 2012 at 11:57 PM.

Am trying to write a mobile app for personal use that make reading and following this forum easier...

DKSG
14-07-12, 17:08
Not many people think it has reached a climax... haha!

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1213132/1/.html

Just as I have mentioned and expected, there are many people out there wanting to buy property as an investment and hedge against more inflation coming our way ...

There are fewer comments because there is too much consensus in the market liao... most people thinking it will inch up bit by bit until the US, Europe problems get resolved (or forgotten), then it will cheong again.

DKSG

phantom_opera
14-07-12, 17:29
The peak ... when u hear about a new paradigm (e.g. Singapore property is my precious ... everybody in the world must own one piece, MM is a sure kill, everybody CPF OA balance is zero :scared-4: ) ...any sign like that yet??

howgozit
14-07-12, 17:31
resolved or forgotten? ... how about explode?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1213132/1/.html

Just as I have mentioned and expected, there are many people out there wanting to buy property as an investment and hedge against more inflation coming our way ...

There are fewer comments because there is too much consensus in the market liao... most people thinking it will inch up bit by bit until the US, Europe problems get resolved (or forgotten), then it will cheong again.

DKSG

Komo
14-07-12, 18:02
global market is declining ... not surprised that everyone is holding back.:D

azeoprop
14-07-12, 18:52
Can use the flora drive condos as a reference?

The gale ->up -> Hedges Park -> maintain -> Palm Isles -> slight drop -> Parc Olympia.

:beats-me-man:

carbuncle
14-07-12, 20:02

DKSG

Office Boy is right. When there is great difference in opinions, hot and animated discussions abound. When there is general consensus, there isn't really much to talk, argue nor discuss anymore. Everyone just smile smile nudge nudge wink wink at each other. The most they probably share new launch projects info and organise joint viewings hahaha.

carbuncle
14-07-12, 20:04
Market is more or less in auto-pilot liao. Even kenobi-Wan also said so, cooling measures worked.... now can sit back relax and enjoy the new BTOs...

bakasa2002
14-07-12, 20:11
Market is more or less in auto-pilot liao. Even kenobi-Wan also said so, cooling measures worked.... now can sit back relax and enjoy the new BTOs...

I think Kenobi-Wan will get a fat bonus this year, he did what the Jar Jar binks could not do in 5 yrs in 1 yr. :)

radha08
14-07-12, 20:31
Can use the flora drive condos as a reference?

The gale ->up -> Hedges Park -> maintain -> Palm Isles -> slight drop -> Parc Olympia.

:beats-me-man:

koh brothers are very good and considerate brothers since they know how to bid and build they save money so they are very kind and help buyer to save money by selling cheaper...:D

koh brothers=good brothers:D

ysyap
14-07-12, 20:33
I think Kenobi-Wan will get a fat bonus this year, he did what the Jar Jar binks could not do in 5 yrs in 1 yr. :)Jar Jar bink made the situation worse during his tenure. Kenobi-Wan softened that problem but prices were still climbing amid at a slower pace. His PB will be fatter if prices ke belakang pusing. :cheers1:

howgozit
14-07-12, 20:41
I don't think there is a consensus....

Bro DKSG seems to think that things are inching up pending a big "cheong"... that's what all agents say. I am not sure this is what most people believe to be true.

This Euro/US debt thing cannot go away just like that.

In addition, with the CM in place foreign buying is seriously curtailed. Those who do buy are cursing under their breath....they either have no better option or are forced to park their money here. Serious foreign investors are drying up, there is more value elsewhere, why pay the extra 10% and be mired in all the rules?

Local investors are also waiting in the sidelines, at today's quantum a 3% ABSD is an unnecessary expense which a prudent Singaporean will be unwilling to part.

Many "lau jiao"s of this forum sees less value in engaging here. The TCSS aspect has become more interesting than actual property discussion. Readership/participation therefore has gone down.

Office Boy is right. When there is great difference in opinions, hot and animated discussions abound. When there is general consensus, there isn't really much to talk, argue nor discuss anymore. Everyone just smile smile nudge nudge wink wink at each other. The most they probably share new launch projects info and organise joint viewings hahaha.

Trapping-bird
14-07-12, 22:00
Hi all, who know Where is Yowetan ? Long time no hear from him Liao..

Kelonguni
14-07-12, 22:02

Now we understand his important role in provoking discussions.

Let me think of something too!

Trapping-bird
14-07-12, 22:36
Now we understand his important role in provoking discussions.

Let me think of something too!

Bro , please start a new thread ," where is Yowetan ?" . Thanks

buttercarp
14-07-12, 23:23
I think Kenobi-Wan will get a fat bonus this year, he did what the Jar Jar binks could not do in 5 yrs in 1 yr. :)

Don't really get it.
Is jar jar binks kenobi wan's predecessor in the show?

solsys
14-07-12, 23:55
Bro , please start a new thread ," where is Yowetan ?" . Thanks

He must have bought his place, thats why he is missing. ;)

CCR
15-07-12, 00:29
Khaw happily say market now is stable and sustainable... So how will prices go Down?

buttercarp
15-07-12, 01:21
He must have bought his place, thats why he is missing. ;)

Yup, perhaps bot place n now figuring out the financial part.

danntbt
15-07-12, 07:10
He's probably here:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=288147&posted=1#post288147

re-incarnated as the lawyer eyeing prime district at $1500psf

Clim1688
15-07-12, 21:42
If economy worsen, they will just print more money, it is a vicious cycle isn't it? Contributing to asset prices stability or appreciation. Govt will not do nothing.

kane
15-07-12, 22:59
During peak, you see full house show room and projects that sell out in 3 days.i haven't seen a full house since sky habitat and even then, many were there just to see see look look.

azeoprop
15-07-12, 23:18
I thought that Katong Regency sold out within 5 days of launch only 2 months ago? :scared-4:

And the CCR 1919 was sold out within 1 weekend only last month. :scared-3:

bakasa2002
15-07-12, 23:51
Don't really get it.
Is jar jar binks kenobi wan's predecessor in the show?

No, what I meant is his predecessor is a joker like JJB. :)

Rysk
16-07-12, 08:36

Not really..
The below forum created by MISSED THE BOAT EXPERT cum YOUNG KOK cum INEXPERIENCE MR SMARIAN & strongly supported by MISSED THE BOAT EXPERT DAVID LIM (aka MR B)... is so boring and quiet.. talked BIG BIG since 2008 till 2011 going to closed shop soon.. price still UP UP UP.. till now only left 2 FAILURES talking among themselves.. price still UP UP UP!! :D
http://www.sg-house.com/classifieds/buy-and-sell-private-apartment-condominium/1243648-price-decreasing-for-singapore-property-283.html

phantom_opera
16-07-12, 09:03
Peak always marked by surprising event, nothing so far is surprising yet, proerties still affordable with a 14k monthly income including Cpf, hot money printed elsewhere cont to boost bond price and STI, private banks are forced to buy stocks due to high inflation

Hdb resale price target 250 from 195 today, OCR near mrt 1400psf for 2br, 1800 to 2000psf for RCR

latour
16-07-12, 10:06
Hdb resale price target 250 from 195 today, OCR near mrt 1400psf for 2br, 1800 to 2000psf for RCR

This will take how long? ... my guess (assuming no major external impact) will be 2016 to 2020, when all the mrt, express way, major infrastructure will mostly completed.
Oh... and not to forget COE will be supper-sky-high by that time as well.

phantom_opera
16-07-12, 10:13
This will take how long? ... my guess (assuming no major external impact) will be 2016 to 2020, when all the mrt, express way, major infrastructure will mostly completed.
Oh... and not to forget COE will be supper-sky-high by that time as well.

Take how long very hard to say, depends on garmen intervention, depends on how much more money can be printed without the law of diminishing return kicking in. This time around, UK printed money/ECB 0 rate, China lowers rate at the same time, straight-away STI/bond prices up up up every day ... scary

Normally a peak is pretty obvious. COE 100k, HDB index 250, condo near MRT min 1400psf still sell like hot cakes (the recent Bedok Residences is one good example but cools down after ABSD), bond prices reach unbelievable stages e.g. 10y SGS bond yield now at 1.33% ... may be it will go below 1% later :scared-1:

Increasingly, there is limited AAA rated assets or high dividend yielding blue chips in this world, AAA-rated SGS bonds look delicious as long as SGD keeps going up

CCR
16-07-12, 16:51
Low inter rate really powerful man...

SIN 1%
HKG 4.5%
China 6%
indonesia 8%

imagine if you buy a property in singapore... vs one in HKG....

After three years... it will be more than 10% difference..

Buy in SIN compared to Jakarta... after 3 years 20% difference...

So its really powerful....

even if JKT appreciate 20% in 3 years.. it just break-even with SIN prices...

so unless SIN Interest rates go up high high, prices are cheap when you compared to other Asia countries

CCR
16-07-12, 16:51
Low inter rate really powerful man...

SIN 1%
HKG 4.5%
China 6%
indonesia 8%

imagine if you buy a property in singapore... vs one in HKG....

After three years... it will be more than 10% difference..

Buy in SIN compared to Jakarta... after 3 years 20% difference...

So its really powerful....

even if JKT appreciate 20% in 3 years.. it just break-even with SIN prices...

so unless SIN Interest rates go up high high, prices are cheap when you compared to other Asia countries

phantom_opera
16-07-12, 17:14
3m SIBOR 0.4%
3m HIBOR 0.4%

China deposit rate is going to drop to 2% by the end of year
Malaysia will drop rate too ...

Electronic / IT sector is crashing today in China A stock market, 103 stocks closed limit down:

电子器件板块跌6.03% 19只股跌停