PDA

View Full Version : SOHO BUNK BED & GFA

HCL
28-07-12, 16:33
I went to FE SOHO show rooms and now there is a lot of SOHO with bunk bed design. Can anyone tell me whether the building of bunk bed is subject to GFA limitation? I was told by agent it does not need approval.

azeoprop
28-07-12, 17:46
I think it does not need approval as it is a removable item just like an over-sized furniture. Recently they also have an option to buy a unit at a lower price without this "bunk bed" platform in some of their soho units of various projects.

Mr.Keh
28-07-12, 18:02
As long as the bunk bed platform/furniture is not a permanent fixture, it does not count in the GFA computation. Just make sure ur bunk-bed structure can be dismantled can already.

HCL
28-07-12, 20:00
As long as the bunk bed platform/furniture is not a permanent fixture, it does not count in the GFA computation. Just make sure ur bunk-bed structure can be dismantled can already.

I looked at FE showroom Bunk Bed, the platform is fixed to the wall. I actually came across non FE development that the ceiling to floor high is 3.6m When I asked the sales agent whether the room can be converted into FE SOHO bunk bed platform and the answered is no as it will affect the GFA.

The GFA is a bit confuse for me. My relative brought a landed property with roof top garden. He wanted to build a fix glass cover on top and was told it will impact the GFA. However, when I visited a friend she is able to build a cover at her ground PES and approved by her condo management. I saw some penthouse units did the same thing.

sh
28-07-12, 21:56
BCA's official position on what's allowed and not...

http://www.corenet.gov.sg/einfo/Uploads/Circular/CBCA111117.pdf

Enjoy

Allthepies
29-07-12, 23:30
BCA's official position on what's allowed and not...

http://www.corenet.gov.sg/einfo/Uploads/Circular/CBCA111117.pdf

Enjoy

So it's not about GFA issue, it more to do with safety, whether the floor and building structure can support the additional load. Don't play play if building collapse then will be in deep shit. :scared-5:

HCL
30-07-12, 10:52
So it's not about GFA issue, it more to do with safety, whether the floor and building structure can support the additional load. Don't play play if building collapse then will be in deep shit. :scared-5:

This is the GFA Handbook from ura for developer and does not mentioned of bunk bed. Under URA GFA handbook "Floors – under a raised platform > 1.5m" is counted in GFA.

The FE SOHO bunk bed is not Ikea type of bunk bed just a piece of furniture and more complex like building a 2nd level platform in the room which may under the above ura regulation.

So the question is whether FE SOHO bunk bed is a Bunk Bed or a Raised Platform?

http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dcdgfahb_d0e4.htm

carbuncle
30-07-12, 14:13
I believe FEO Loft concept is a platform. The floor area of that platform is counted into the sold area. And I think I walked 'under' that platform the last time I saw an FEO Loft showflat... since I'm 5'8 I believe it has to be > 1.5m.