PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel after EXCERCISING option..

radha08
14-08-12, 22:07
Just wondering how all bros/sis here feel after you have excercised your option in TODAYS market....:confused:

butterflies in stomach or relieved or happy or FEAR:scared-1:

i got a feeling my time to excercise might come soon...these kind of things JUST happen you know :spliff:

phantom_opera
14-08-12, 22:09
depends on your gearing ratio and how secure is your job :scared-4:

CondoWE
14-08-12, 22:13
Depend how strong is your holding power :spliff: !

stiook
14-08-12, 22:14
Butterflies man... months after keep checking on URA caveat to see whether it was a good buy. But learnt to take it easy because WTF, cannot change anything.

radha08
14-08-12, 22:18
Butterflies man... months after keep checking on URA caveat to see whether it was a good buy. But learnt to take it easy because WTF, cannot change anything.

hahaha u sound like me....:spliff:

radha08
14-08-12, 22:19
Depend how strong is your holding power :spliff: !
yup i guess so...thats why rich get richer..poor get...poorer...:rolleyes:

stiook
14-08-12, 22:22
hahaha u sound like me....:spliff:

Most people probably... no one likes to be an idiot who got into a bad bargain.

Anyway, congrats on your potential purchase.:cheers5:

radha08
14-08-12, 22:32
Most people probably... no one likes to be an idiot who got into a bad bargain.

Anyway, congrats on your potential purchase.:cheers5:

:cheers5:...dunno when but got a feeling might be soon..everyday looking at prop guru i am sure will happen soon...:cheers5:

CondoWE
14-08-12, 23:21
:cheers5:...dunno when but got a feeling might be soon..everyday looking at prop guru i am sure will happen soon...:cheers5:
....BUC or resell? Stay or investment?

Shoeboxsupporter
14-08-12, 23:29
depends on your gearing ratio and how secure is your job :scared-4:

One of my friend told me, the more unsecure your job, the more you should get loan earlier..............as u not able to get loan later !

radha08
14-08-12, 23:55
....BUC or resell? Stay or investment?
STAY...;););)

radha08
14-08-12, 23:56
One of my friend told me, the more unsecure your job, the more you should get loan earlier..............as u not able to get loan later !
but then how to pay instsalment if loose job

azeoprop
15-08-12, 00:10
STAY...;););)

Maybe u can consider the upcoming riversails, expected pricing around 760psf, as cheap as an EC, confirm less butterflies in stomach. :rolleyes:

radha08
15-08-12, 00:20
Maybe u can consider the upcoming riversails, expected pricing around 760psf, as cheap as an EC, confirm less butterflies in stomach. :rolleyes:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/10387647/for-sale-riversails

yup thats because there will be 927 other owners sharing all the butterflies...with you:D:scared-1::D

radha08
15-08-12, 00:22
my target is gnd level apt d15 fh 3 bedder...1 to 1.2mil...:rolleyes:...minimum 1200sqft...:sleep:...dreaming about it...:sleep:

irisng
15-08-12, 08:14
yup i guess so...thats why rich get richer..poor get...poorer...:rolleyes:

Rich are get richer because they have excess money to re-invest. Nowadays poor are not getting any poorer because they can use the HDB as a stepping stone.:D

CondoWE
15-08-12, 08:18
but then how to pay instsalment if loose job
That why...bullets in the bank is important aka holding power....:D !

If not, you see more properties on auction...:doh:

samuelk
15-08-12, 08:19
if you have a risk mitigation plan, and you follow what the CPF rules of loan, you should be fine. After all it for staying. Why would it be a worry?

unless you are chasing a case of buy now or regret later, then you will forever compare if you bought at a low or will it go any higher feeling.

CondoWE
15-08-12, 08:25
my target is gnd level apt d15 fh 3 bedder...1 to 1.2mil...:rolleyes:...minimum 1200sqft...:sleep:...dreaming about it...:sleep:
Tough....FH some more...:doh: !

radha08
15-08-12, 08:42
Tough....FH some more...:doh: !

yup thats why i :sleep: dreaming about it:sleep: :D

yowetan
15-08-12, 08:58
Hi. I am still holding faith to my Mt Sinai property pursue with my 1.3 to 1.7mil SGD.

buttercarp
15-08-12, 09:12
Just wondering how all bros/sis here feel after you have excercised your option in TODAYS market....:confused:

i got a feeling my time to excercise might come soon...these kind of things JUST happen you know :spliff:

Wah bro, you found something that you are eyeing?

For me.... I was like a zombie for a few weeks.
Cos had to get housing loan, mortgage insurance, change spending pattern etc.
Then also did not know whether bought at the right time.
But after a while, you will get used to it.
Life goes on as normal provided you bought within your means.

radha08
15-08-12, 09:33

u can read me like a BOOK...viewing later today...:D

radha08
15-08-12, 09:36

For me.... I was like a zombie for a few weeks.
Cos had to get housing loan, mortgage insurance, change spending pattern etc.
Then also did not know whether bought at the right time.
But after a while, you will get used to it.
Life goes on as normal provided you bought within your means.

in a strange way buying property is like getting MARRIED:scared-1:

you see something/someone u like..make the arrangements...:cool:

then sign option(property)/ROM option(marriage)...:doh:

then live happily ever after...:D:sleep::scared-1:

buttercarp
15-08-12, 09:37

Care to share where and what type?
1st viewing or already viewed and now considering?

buttercarp
15-08-12, 09:38

LOL...... you forgot the celebration part (house warming party) :) .

latour
15-08-12, 10:08

Congrats bro, to your potential buy.
FH, D15, 3bedr, $1.2xmil will certainly look like a good buy. :cheers5:

eng81157
15-08-12, 10:21
yup thats why i :sleep: dreaming about it:sleep: :D

so, which developments are u looking at?

yowetan
15-08-12, 10:26

Could you share with me detail for this unit? Is it near to Tao Nan Primary?

azeoprop
15-08-12, 10:36
Could you share with me detail for this unit? Is it near to Tao Nan Primary?

Oops, you have competition! :rolleyes:

limfc
15-08-12, 10:39
Congrats bro, to your potential buy.
FH, D15, 3bedr, $1.2xmil will certainly look like a good buy. :cheers5:

not enuff info to judge leh... depends on the usable size, psf and also location...
if near future mrt, then potentially good buy, best buy... :cheers4:

mkl22
15-08-12, 11:14

i'm sure can find... likely to be found only in the telok kurau area. or older small developments in Siglap. eg like the Gemini you mentioned before i think.

buttercarp
15-08-12, 11:20
i'm sure can find... likely to be found only in the telok kurau area. or older small developments in Siglap. eg like the Gemini you mentioned before i think.

Yup. Can.
Recently alpha apartment, i think it is a penthouse, (2228sq ft) in Koon Seng Road sold for 1.66 mil, according to URA website.

Wild Falcon
15-08-12, 11:28
For me, the most "stressful" time is probably at the time of signing the OTP because that is the decision point. When it comes to actual exercising of the option, no fweelings liao.

buttercarp
15-08-12, 11:31
For me, the most "stressful" time is probably at the time of signing the OTP because that is the decision point. When it comes to actual exercising of the option, no fweelings liao.

This is especially so if the unit you are targetting at is the last unit of a new development or if you know there is competition, in the case of resale.

CondoWE
15-08-12, 12:03

Not happy sell off (property)/ Divorce (marriage)..:rolleyes: .

radha08
15-08-12, 15:26
all shall be revealed after my 2ND viewing tonite...:D

today morning went to view...KNS...apt like fish market so many people viewing...i also stressed....as usual agent using pressure TACTICS...BUT i steady...just now i call her to arrange 2nd viewing tonite....for me one view daytime one view nitetime....if buy then good...OTHERWISE can continue....:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :D ....

all this while i am shopping for stuff for my ongoing HDB renovations...MAJOR stress....just now go Lor 44 Geylang to buy toilet/kitchen stuff......i sit on TOILET bowl to try which one the best...Now my backside pain...:doh: :D :doh:

radha08
15-08-12, 15:27
Not happy sell off (property)/ Divorce (marriage)..:rolleyes: .

yup end of day GOVT make money...u SAD they HAPPY...:cool:

limfc
15-08-12, 15:55

today morning went to view...KNS...apt like fish market so many people viewing...i also stressed....as usual agent using pressure TACTICS...BUT i steady...just now i call her to arrange 2nd viewing tonite....for me one view daytime one view nitetime....if buy then good...OTHERWISE can continue....:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :D ....

all this while i am shopping for stuff for my ongoing HDB renovations...MAJOR stress....just now go Lor 44 Geylang to buy toilet/kitchen stuff......i sit on TOILET bowl to try which one the best...Now my backside pain...:doh: :D :doh:

be careful... dun be 'tricked' by the psychology of "Loss aversion" and the "sunk cost fallacy".... :cheers4:

best of luck!

hopeful
15-08-12, 15:58

i like your job, 12 hour shift. lots of free time.

bakasa2002
15-08-12, 16:11

After OTP, still can change your mind at 1-1.25% a pop, but after S&P then no turning back liao ... :)

bakasa2002
15-08-12, 16:13

Bro, I m camping here for your update cos' I was looking ard the same requirements and budget as you are but have sound of given up, cos' couldn't find anything that is reasonable and I wasn't hoping FCL would drop their FV prices for me ....

radha08
15-08-12, 16:18

u got GOOD memory wah my whole life story is in condosingapore...:D

radha08
15-08-12, 16:20
i like your job, 12 hour shift. lots of free time.

now sitting at blk 69 bedok south coffeeshop..having TEh-C...:D...today/tom/fri/sat--OFFF:D:D:D

radha08
15-08-12, 16:21
Bro, I m camping here for your update cos' I was looking ard the same requirements and budget as you are but have sound of given up, cos' couldn't find anything that is reasonable and I wasn't hoping FCL would drop their FV prices for me ....

BRO trust me MINE is ANYTHING BUT new...but its FH...:rolleyes:...so throw in some $$$ can make it new...i GIVEN up on new launch..:doh:

radha08
15-08-12, 16:26
be careful... dun be 'tricked' by the psychology of "Loss aversion" and the "sunk cost fallacy".... :cheers4:

best of luck!

Agent PLAYED this TRICK today...she told one of the party that was viewing that i am doing 2nd viewing...and agent told me another party was doing second viewing....it SO happened me and the party that she told i was doing 2nd viewing)its NOT true i only 1st viewing)...we park our car outside and that party talked to my wife...saying agent say u all doing 2nd viewing....i was like WTF..thats A DAMM GOOD agent..know what i mean...:eek:

just tell everybody else that everybody else doing 2nd VIEWING..then all KAN CHEONG spider one clown will SIGN OTP...:doh:

mkl22
15-08-12, 16:46
Agent PLAYED this TRICK today...she told one of the party that was viewing that i am doing 2nd viewing...and agent told me another party was doing second viewing....it SO happened me and the party that she told i was doing 2nd viewing)its NOT true i only 1st viewing)...we park our car outside and that party talked to my wife...saying agent say u all doing 2nd viewing....i was like WTF..thats A DAMM GOOD agent..know what i mean...:eek:

just tell everybody else that everybody else doing 2nd VIEWING..then all KAN CHEONG spider one clown will SIGN OTP...:doh:
regardless of what tricks they play just stick with whatever price you think this property is worth. else walk away. if it is yours, it will be yours. else its not meant to be.

on a side note. i notice that some people are willing to let the place go to another person even at a lower price than another offer because they like that person better. don't really understand why. don't you sell to the highest bidder?

CondoWE
15-08-12, 16:48

This is the agent trick be it BUC or resale lp, pc or hdb...:simmering: !

hahaha...wat we interested now is did u being conned & signed the OTP :D ?

carbuncle
15-08-12, 17:00
don't think so bro would be that silly. if after all the expert advice here he still sign without night viewing then really must kok head liao!!!

limfc
15-08-12, 17:01
regardless of what tricks they play just stick with whatever price you think this property is worth. else walk away. if it is yours, it will be yours. else its not meant to be.

on a side note. i notice that some people are willing to let the place go to another person even at a lower price than another offer because they like that person better. don't really understand why. don't you sell to the highest bidder?

why not? as the owner, he/she happy to sell to whoever mah...

if an atas man come and want to throw his filthy money at me, i'll galdly take it! :D of course, a lot of folks would have a lot more 'backbone' than me and say, you got and siam 1-side, dun want to friend you liao... :cool: just TCSS la... hee...

i guess the only reason i would not to deal with the other party is that he/she create a lot of problems for me, like creative financing, moving in / out timing, furnishing requirement and so on...

just my :2cents:

limfc
15-08-12, 17:03

steady steady la... the agents also making a living la... no close sales = no food to makan... just stick to your criteria before you go... if all your criteria met... then mai tu liaoz... :cheers4:

radha08
15-08-12, 18:05
don't think so bro would be that silly. if after all the expert advice here he still sign without night viewing then really must kok head liao!!!

ha ha...today i drive past a few times to check out the scene...so far only spotted a FEW---PUSSY:scared-1: ....cats sitting on the fence:D ....my doggy sure happy one...YUMMY...:D

i thinking of offering 10% less than asking...cos need to spend about 5% of that amount on reno...;) ...so if agent/owner...BITE then Ho say Liao...no bite then its back to the DRAWING board...wont BE the first time it happened....by the way its NOT a FANTASTIC apt...but its the kind i like...old school Gnd level...BIG patio/garden...no facilities...but can swim in bath tub...:D

radha08
15-08-12, 18:07

i talked PERSONALLY to the owner trying to make a connection...hopefully that helps IF i decide to offer $$$;) ...tonite

Eastboy
15-08-12, 18:32
to me the most important thing i consider when signing OTP is whether i have an exit strategy. that's how i place my bets, whether in equities, forex or properties. if i am clear about my exit strategies, i'll just do it without emotions or regrets.

radha08
15-08-12, 18:35
to me the most important thing i consider when signing OTP is whether i have an exit strategy. that's how i place my bets, whether in equities, forex or properties. if i am clear about my exit strategies, i'll just do it without emotions or regrets.

u pro la bro...:cool:

me small timer...when come to spending 1 Million....on property must go toilet think 100 times...:D

carbuncle
15-08-12, 18:44
I wonder if exit strategy can be applied when comes to ROM...

radha08
15-08-12, 18:48
:D
I wonder if exit strategy can be applied when comes to ROM...

wrong forum bro that one must ask in SamMy...Boy...:D

radha08
15-08-12, 20:19
i am a sucker for these type apts....dont ask me why...maybe cos i dunno how else to accomodate 2 dogs/2kids:rolleyes: ........dunno la...its old but i kinda liked it anyway viewing later 9pm....thinking of offering $1m...cos need to spend at least $50k to do up...agent told me val at 1.1m can CLOSE...but i called ocbc they said 1mil...so its a longggggg shot but worth a try.....not quite the equivalent of a 1.4mil famingo valley gnd unit but heck for a couple of 100k less...why NOT...:D

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/10829630/for-sale-madeira-court

carbuncle
15-08-12, 20:41
Today I just posted about this new development on the same street, maybe its a sign...

Property Name: Meridian 38

Developer: JVA TelokKurau Pte Ltd

Type: Apartment / Condo

Address: 38, Lorong M TelokKurau

District: East Coast (D15-16)

Tenure: Freehold

Expected TOP: Year 2014

Unit Type: 2/ 3 Bedroom/ Penthouse

Eastboy
15-08-12, 20:54
i am a sucker for these type apts....dont ask me why...maybe cos i dunno how else to accomodate 2 dogs/2kids:rolleyes: ........dunno la...its old but i kinda liked it anyway viewing later 9pm....thinking of offering $1m...cos need to spend at least $50k to do up...agent told me val at 1.1m can CLOSE...but i called ocbc they said 1mil...so its a longggggg shot but worth a try.....not quite the equivalent of a 1.4mil famingo valley gnd unit but heck for a couple of 100k less...why NOT...:D

good buy. Just do it. anyway i think you'll need to spend about $80K if you want to talk about serious reno.

good luck!

ysyap
15-08-12, 20:57
u pro la bro...:cool:

me small timer...when come to spending 1 Million....on property must go toilet think 100 times...:DDidn't know you think best in the toilet... ;)

radha08
15-08-12, 21:25
Thank you all bros and sis...for your KIND attention this thread is OFFICIALLY Closed...:D

I went i saw but i NEVER conquered....after some discussion with my board members...namely wife/mother/daughters and DOGS...:scared-1:

Reasons being...

1)TOO much work $$ and time needed to reno..$80k min like one bro said...

2)Area is BREEZY but somehow because of layout house feels hot...

3)Parking is UNDERGROUND and access is via a staircase that is angled at 45 DEGRESS(STEEP) and has got about 18 steps....i cant see myself doing that 10 times a day which is the number of times i move in/out of my house...

so all bros/sis...like MM says..."Lets MOVE on";) ...till the NEXT one comes along:doh:

radha08
15-08-12, 21:27
Didn't know you think best in the toilet... ;)

ha ha that is an old army joke last time i was in army BMT my sergant always F people and say...hello dunno what u doing is it...GO TOILET THINK 100 times first before you do....:D

radha08
15-08-12, 21:28
Today I just posted about this new development on the same street, maybe its a sign...

Property Name: Meridian 38

Developer: JVA TelokKurau Pte Ltd

Type: Apartment / Condo

Address: 38, Lorong M TelokKurau

District: East Coast (D15-16)

Tenure: Freehold

Expected TOP: Year 2014

Unit Type: 2/ 3 Bedroom/ Penthouse

Bro i park my car in front of that construction site just now i tell you one day this world no people...that apt will be full of PUSSY...LOR M got so many cats..i NOT joking:doh:

carbuncle
15-08-12, 21:35
meow... then looks like its where I belong ha ha ha

zzz1
16-08-12, 00:23

Alot of time , many ppl only engage a lawyer act signing the option.

Instead of worry is a good deal or not, u should watch out if the unit is 'as good' to buy aft the lawyer check the details of seller.

Should get the lawyer to check first then to commit ....

dtrax
16-08-12, 00:29

Gd luck :cheers4:

stl67
16-08-12, 09:21

i ike this kind of house also.. but the patio i think is part of the built-in right?

bakasa2002
16-08-12, 10:34
i ike this kind of house also.. but the patio i think is part of the built-in right?

noobie question, what does built in mean ah? The 1195sqf is not including the PES?

stl67
16-08-12, 10:42
noobie question, what does built in mean ah? The 1195sqf is not including the PES?

yes, the PES should be included in the built-in and the PES looks quite big which means the liveablable area should be quite small.

radha08
16-08-12, 16:39

yes it is thats why i called OCBC they told me indicative val only 1m...so i also Sianzzzzz...:scared-3:

Estella83
20-08-12, 00:56
I want to have this feeling too :ashamed1:

radha08
31-08-12, 16:17
As usual i missed another good deal...:banghead:....all because i think too much...:banghead:

carbuncle
31-08-12, 16:28
what is it bro...

stl67
31-08-12, 16:31
As usual i missed another good deal...:banghead:....all because i think too much...:banghead:

aiyoh.. dont tell me is the one that with nice patio on a ground floor?

nvr mind lah, there will be another one coming along..

radha08
31-08-12, 16:38
aiyoh.. dont tell me is the one that with nice patio on a ground floor?

nvr mind lah, there will be another one coming along..

ya that one...my offer too low i guess..1m agent must be laughing...:tsk-tsk:

may2012
31-08-12, 19:14
U didn't buy?

Listing not there already. :doh:

radha08
31-08-12, 20:34
U didn't buy?

Listing not there already. :doh:

In singapore prop MKT u see u like u BUY...DO NOT THINK:banghead:

buttercarp
01-09-12, 11:50
In singapore prop MKT u see u like u BUY...DO NOT THINK:banghead:

Now is seller's market..... So cannot procrastinate if you really like the place. You don't want, other people want.

radha08
01-09-12, 12:09
Now is seller's market..... So cannot procrastinate if you really like the place. You don't want, other people want.

Yup thats the way it works but only for hot properties....mass market choices are unlimited

buttercarp
01-09-12, 14:08
Yup thats the way it works but only for hot properties....mass market choices are unlimited

Wow.... so you are looking at hot property :) ?

andy
01-09-12, 19:41
Would like some insights if estate agent should get 50% of the purchase option if buyer backs out of the purchase.

Is this a standard clause?

Thanks.

carbuncle
01-09-12, 20:27
for my past options its like this, yep

radha08
01-09-12, 20:50
Wow.... so you are looking at hot property :) ?

from my limited knowledge and experience those old devts in d15..fh...about 1200sq ft...selling around 1 to1.1 mil considered hot...missed a few this year...:(

buttercarp
01-09-12, 20:53
from my limited knowledge and experience those old devts in d15..fh...about 1200sq ft...selling around 1 to1.1 mil considered hot...missed a few this year...:(
Ya lor.... So hot that they evaporate very fast!:D

bakasa2002
01-09-12, 21:53

Got such good lobang pls share. Can't find one for the past 6 mths!

radha08
01-09-12, 22:07
Got such good lobang pls share. Can't find one for the past 6 mths!

trust me bro this type very fast gone.....got to be fast hand fast leg...this apt that i view the same morning advertised already got 3 buyer viewing....later evening i go 2nd viewing got another 3 buyers...:doh: