PDA

View Full Version : Why mass market will NEVER crash..

radha08
16-08-12, 23:34
Cos its supported by this...the BASELINE pricing of Cheapest form of housing in spore...for the masses....:cool:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-property-listing/property-for-sale/2?property_type=H&property_type_code[]

latour
17-08-12, 09:40
Cos its supported by this...the BASELINE pricing of Cheapest form of housing in spore...for the masses....:cool:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-property-listing/property-for-sale/2?property_type=H&property_type_code[]

then when filter search of HDB apts asking for $1m or more, there are actually already 38 asking for that kinda of price, upper-scale of the price bar and awaiting to hit the threshold... will that happen, depends on masses support and garman land sales prices.

thomastansb
17-08-12, 09:44
That is a fallacy. When property prices drop, no matter which corner you are in, it will still drop. I remember clearly 1998, 2003, 2008. The number looks in sequence though. 98, 03, 08, 13 ???

eng81157
17-08-12, 09:52
That is a fallacy. When property prices drop, no matter which corner you are in, it will still drop. I remember clearly 1998, 2003, 2008. The number looks in sequence though. 98, 03, 08, 13 ???

the circumstances to each crisis are starkly different, and so is their fallout. there's no cheap $ being printed after the 97 Asian crisis or 03 SARs.

now, cheap $ has flooded the market and inflationary pressures permeates every market globally. coupled with a low-interest rate environment, all these are just stoking the flames of inflation. where else to park $ in? gold? soft commodities? property?

phantom_opera
17-08-12, 10:17

Lehman, HDB goes flat, never drop

radha08
17-08-12, 12:34
In my honest opinion...back then people got no MONEY..they borrow and BUY...today its a TOTALLY different ball game people are sitting on hordes of cash...local/pr/foreigners...ALL WAITING to pounce in...thanks or NO thanks to our stable govt/economy and liberal immigration policies....my take is that if u need or want to buy JUST buy....if u find something u like....the BOAT is never coming back empty for you to board...it may come back half or three-quarter full....SELAMAT HARI RAYA....:D

fclim
17-08-12, 14:06
In my honest opinion...back then people got no MONEY..they borrow and BUY...today its a TOTALLY different ball game people are sitting on hordes of cash...local/pr/foreigners...ALL WAITING to pounce in...thanks or NO thanks to our stable govt/economy and liberal immigration policies....my take is that if u need or want to buy JUST buy....if u find something u like....the BOAT is never coming back empty for you to board...it may come back half or three-quarter full....SELAMAT HARI RAYA....:D

True. There is never a good or bad time to buy properties. Only got good and bad time to sell.

CondoWE
17-08-12, 15:47
心动不如行动...go ahead if you like it...:D

GForce
17-08-12, 16:32
Where got NEVER crash wan?
In every property cycle there is always peak n trough!
As long as u have planned for the worst scenarios u will survive!
Heard that there is increasing number of people who hit 55 yrs of age n can't use their CPF to service loan as the withdrawal limit has reached, so gotta use cash.
This phenomenon will accelerate.
My gut feel is there will come a time where mass market will be " leilong leilong"

phantom_opera
17-08-12, 16:42
Australian property market NEVER crash so far :p

http://static7.businessinsider.com/image/4bfff45c7f8b9ac749710200/chart-of-the-day-long-term-real-house-price-indices-1880-2010.gif
http://www.aboutinflation.com/_/rsrc/1344080461209/glossary/real-estate/australia-real-estate-index/Australia_Real_Estate_Composite_Index_June_2012.png

radha08
17-08-12, 18:48

if australia got NO asians u think mkt can cheaong...:confused:

just like if singapore got no cina/indian/pinoy/bangla...:confused:..u think mkt can cheong

eng81157
17-08-12, 20:20
if australia got NO asians u think mkt can cheaong...:confused:

just like if singapore got no cina/indian/pinoy/bangla...:confused:..u think mkt can cheong

don't need the australia prices to crash. trust me, if the exchange rate drops to 1.1 to 1, i (and lots of like-minded ppl) will cheong big time.

CondoWE
17-08-12, 20:37
Where got NEVER crash wan?
In every property cycle there is always peak n trough!
As long as u have planned for the worst scenarios u will survive!
Heard that there is increasing number of people who hit 55 yrs of age n can't use their CPF to service loan as the withdrawal limit has reached, so gotta use cash.
This phenomenon will accelerate.
My gut feel is there will come a time where mass market will be " leilong leilong"

"leilong leilong"....wait till long..:D !

Allthepies
17-08-12, 21:17
High end like moving again, a few above 10 mil transacted. Just follow the rich...:cheers1: :cheers1:

CCR
18-08-12, 00:26
As I have said in my other thread... How can prices drop when you look at all the upcoming developments at jurong lake district, marina bay, one north, paya lebar, where to find so many people to work there?

One bug difference between Singapore market and other country... We are a city.... We can just opennthendoor tom immigration if we want to prevent prices from dropping....

We should be comparing Singapore to global cities, look at London, Paris, Sydney, see whether prices of these cities drop much in the past

radha08
18-08-12, 01:53
As I have said in my other thread... How can prices drop when you look at all the upcoming developments at jurong lake district, marina bay, one north, paya lebar, where to find so many people to work there?

One bug difference between Singapore market and other country... We are a city.... We can just opennthendoor tom immigration if we want to prevent prices from dropping....

We should be comparing Singapore to global cities, look at London, Paris, Sydney, see whether prices of these cities drop much in the past

very true...we are a ROJAK city with all kind of nationality staying....but who cares as long as property goes up up and away....:cool:

phantom_opera
18-08-12, 07:35
sg property will never crash like this:

STX Pan Ocean Co., Ltd. (GZ9.SI) -SES
1.60 -2.86(-64.16%) Aug 17, 5:04AM EDT

Knight Capital Group Inc.(NYSE:KCG)
$2.91
52 week 2.27 - 14.00

Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (GS) and Vanguard Group Inc. increased holdings in Knight Capital Group Inc. (KCG) during the second quarter before the market-making firm lost $440 million on a computer malfunction this month.

Event blue chip etf like XLF you will die:

http://www.google.com/finance?chdnp=1&chdd=1&chds=1&chdv=1&chvs=maximized&chdeh=0&chfdeh=0&chdet=1345246662107&chddm=1008780&chls=IntervalBasedLine&q=NYSEARCA:XLF&ntsp=0

carbuncle
18-08-12, 10:29
no diff from gambling. except no need to pay $100 entrance fee and you are your own worst enemy.

phantom_opera
18-08-12, 13:03
no diff from gambling. except no need to pay $100 entrance fee and you are your own worst enemy.

the broker fee can be much more than $100 :scared-4:

richwang
18-08-12, 16:21

http://static7.businessinsider.com/image/4bfff45c7f8b9ac749710200/chart-of-the-day-long-term-real-house-price-indices-1880-2010.gif
http://www.aboutinflation.com/_/rsrc/1344080461209/glossary/real-estate/australia-real-estate-index/Australia_Real_Estate_Composite_Index_June_2012.png

Australia is in trouble partly because China is slowing down.

Cheers!
Richard

JuzMe
20-08-12, 14:50
Sure way to get yourself into trouble thinking it'll "never" crash :tsk-tsk: