PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody buy to stay...

radha08
17-08-12, 22:17
The estuary yishun...600 unit condo...ALL SOLD OUT as per developer...now in propertyguru got 684 units for sale...haha...looks like all looking to cash out make BIG$$$:cheers1:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/the-estuary-yishun-2636

Sleepyhead
17-08-12, 22:51
Sign of overheating market? :eek:

Regulators
17-08-12, 23:36
Caspian also same, 712 unit, more than 600 listings to sell, sign of overheated market.

phantom_opera
17-08-12, 23:53
dun worry , tonnes of HDB upgraders selling their HDB at 6XXk waiting to buy

1000psf cheap cheap

CondoWE
18-08-12, 00:04
dun worry , tonnes of HDB upgraders selling their HDB at 6XXk waiting to buy

1000psf cheap cheap

I m totally agreed with you. The HDB selling price is really insane liao.

phantom_opera
18-08-12, 00:09

it is just common sense ... there is 1 million HDB ... even 10% of them wanting to upgrade the number will be 100,000 :scared-4:

radha08
18-08-12, 01:33
After so many years of suffering hdb dwellers all moving up in life...:D

radha08
18-08-12, 01:40
wonder what was the launch price:confused:

danntbt
18-08-12, 07:25
wonder what was the launch price:confused:

...some of the estuary profitable transactions:

http://www.squarefoot.com.sg/trends-and-analysis/residential?p=the-estuary

Caspian even better:

http://www.squarefoot.com.sg/trends-and-analysis/residential?p=caspian

Komo
18-08-12, 08:48
Caspian also same, 712 unit, more than 600 listings to sell, sign of overheated market.
likely due to dozens of hungry agents trying to market one unit:D
they also trying very hard to tempt owners to sell as price had appreciated a lot for these two projects and many buyers have the option to invest or stay.:2cents:

Komo
18-08-12, 08:54
just wondering if by now there are many who have been renting waiting for the market to go down are now in a hurry to buy back?:D

CondoWE
18-08-12, 09:02
just wondering if by now there are many who have been renting waiting for the market to go down are now in a hurry to buy back?:D
Many are waiting since 2008 till now...still waiting..:banghead: !

lajia
18-08-12, 09:33
likely due to dozens of hungry agents trying to market one unit:D
they also trying very hard to tempt owners to sell as price had appreciated a lot for these two projects and many buyers have the option to invest or stay.:2cents:

U are rite...basically it is the work of the agents. They are just hoping to receive calls and they will go look for a unit. That's all, not overheating la. Just that times are good now and they just hoping to catch some fishes with this kind of casting net...:p
Almost all developments they are doing this. Those agents who have sold during launches would have the data base of the new owners and they will start posting in propertyguru. :2cents:

DC33_2008
18-08-12, 10:04
Estuary will be a better choice with a view. Can command price close to condos at bedok reservoir.

Caspian even better:

carbuncle
18-08-12, 10:50
duplicate listings. fishing ads. yawns.

carbuncle
18-08-12, 10:53
sell yishun, buy bishan?

sell lakeside, buy farrer?

(guess which projects)

phantom_opera
18-08-12, 12:42
sell yishun, buy bishan?

sell lakeside, buy farrer?

(guess which projects)
Suicides to do that, contributed to liew exit bonus

Mr.Keh
18-08-12, 14:06

This should support buying power for condos in the near term. Hopefully the government keeps allowing foreigners to come in and help build our economy.

radha08
18-08-12, 14:29

yup i am one of them...:o

zeamybro
18-08-12, 14:35
My friend advertised on ST ads for 2 saturdays to rent out his condo. Many agents called him everyday to seek permission to market his unit, and out of convenience he obliged.

Eventually, we did a search on pptyguru, and based on some of the photos and write-ups, we found out there were as many as 24 listings of his units at one single time ... LOL

yowetan
18-08-12, 14:59
I have been renting out my parents and in-laws HDB flats, collecting the disposal rental income and preparing for Mt Sinai or Siglap acquistion.

phantom_opera
18-08-12, 15:17
I have been renting out my parents and in-laws HDB flats, collecting the disposal rental income and preparing for Mt Sinai or Siglap acquistion.

macam yowetan REIT

carbuncle
18-08-12, 16:56
zeamy. your fren dup 24 sets of keys? loo

or designate one agent as 'leader' to handle or viewings...

he can specify certain day of week for half day open house to all agents with buyers. otw will be madness running ard every viewing.

radha08
18-08-12, 17:32

Caspian even better:

No wonder...:D...i also would CASH out...:rolleyes:

radha08
18-08-12, 17:35
macam yowetan REIT

REIT= RENT EVERY INCH TODAY....:D:D:D:D:D:D

danntbt
18-08-12, 20:53
REIT= RENT EVERY INCH TODAY....:D:D:D:D:D:D
....should be Relatives Everything I Take......

...his bro-in-law next.....

zzz1
18-08-12, 21:12
haha... all very creative...:)

zzz1
18-08-12, 21:13
....should be Relatives Everything I Take......

...his bro-in-law next.....
that the good wan...!!

zeamybro
19-08-12, 01:14
zeamy. your fren dup 24 sets of keys? loo

or designate one agent as 'leader' to handle or viewings...

he can specify certain day of week for half day open house to all agents with buyers. otw will be madness running ard every viewing.

He actually open up the house himself .... Yes it was v shag for him

CondoWE
19-08-12, 09:21

Yr parent and in law stay with you? Dun they side feel....awkward :eek: ?

radha08
19-08-12, 18:22
actually wonder how the buyer feels to pay so much more to seller knowing seller bought cheap and making so much $$$ from him...

but i suppose doesnt matter thats why they say willing seller willing buyer:o

Komo
19-08-12, 18:44
that's how market works:D

DC33_2008
19-08-12, 22:01
That is why some buy from developer. These happy buyers did not know that they have been reaped off by them.
actually wonder how the buyer feels to pay so much more to seller knowing seller bought cheap and making so much $$$ from him...

but i suppose doesnt matter thats why they say willing seller willing buyer:o

CondoWE
20-08-12, 09:25
It's the same when you sell your property and the buyer find out :banghead: ...so why bother? So long you get what you want, price is of market rate and comfortable by your means then go ahead and dun look back lor....:rolleyes: !

DC33_2008
20-08-12, 10:33
We buy properties for the potential in mid or long term. It can be rental, capital gain, etc. :D
It's the same when you sell your property and the buyer find out :banghead: ...so why bother? So long you get what you want, price is of market rate and comfortable by your means then go ahead and dun look back lor....:rolleyes: !

radha08
20-08-12, 10:39
We buy properties for the potential in mid or long term. It can be rental, capital gain, etc. :D

in singapore property is the future think long term and if you buy within your means.... you can NEVER go wrong:)

DC33_2008
20-08-12, 10:48
Yup. I have learnt from my grandfather and father. It is one of the ways to create and preserve wealth.
in singapore property is the future think long term and if you buy within your means.... you can NEVER go wrong:)

CondoWE
20-08-12, 10:55
Yup. I have learnt from my grandfather and father. It is one of the ways to create and preserve wealth.
And pass down to the next generation....:D

carbuncle
20-08-12, 10:56
so fortunate. I had nobody to learn from...

DC33_2008
20-08-12, 11:01
My parents are still around. My spouse and I have been investing prudently too. I only see how properties can go up by few hundred times. But today's market is very different as compared tonmy grandpa's and Father's time.

amk
20-08-12, 11:14
But today's market is very different as compared tonmy grandpa's and Father's time.

Yes that's true. From third world to first is quantum leap, that's also how Temasek " made " a lot during the last few decades. Most of it due to sheer luck, ( or gut), that the older generations placed trust and confidence in this country. From now onwards it will have to be organic.

carbuncle
20-08-12, 11:33
in other words, no offense, but the past decades of growth do sound a bit like 'hyped' up to achieve what we have today. not that its bad. but high speed growth has its issues, many of which are surfacing now as the people wake up afterparty and sober up to scrutinise operations and real benefits of certain processes and measures.

I think I don't have to state the specific examples.

so do agree going forward to expect same rate of growth is well, dreaming in daylight. but organic and sustained growth at reasonable pace is definitely achievable. we need to tame our expectations. history won't repeat itself imo.

Wynyard
20-08-12, 20:27
True, it is time we slow down a bit, so that the whole society can catch up.

Singapore will be a happy nation if only everyone can progressively move up or at least their next generation can.

DC33_2008
20-08-12, 20:54
Unfortunately, a successful cannot wait for everybody.
True, it is time we slow down a bit, so that the whole society can catch up.

Singapore will be a happy nation if only everyone can progressively move up or at least their next generation can.

phantom_opera
20-08-12, 20:58
in other words, no offense, but the past decades of growth do sound a bit like 'hyped' up to achieve what we have today. not that its bad. but high speed growth has its issues, many of which are surfacing now as the people wake up afterparty and sober up to scrutinise operations and real benefits of certain processes and measures.

I think I don't have to state the specific examples.

so do agree going forward to expect same rate of growth is well, dreaming in daylight. but organic and sustained growth at reasonable pace is definitely achievable. we need to tame our expectations. history won't repeat itself imo.

Slow growth with high inflation is here to stay, you will be happy to just hedge off inflation, 7% annual return will be a dream like Bill Gross said ... at this rate a 4m landed property will only take 10y to double (means STI probably at 6,000)...

ysyap
20-08-12, 21:23
Slow growth with high inflation is here to stay, you will be happy to just hedge off inflation, 7% annual return will be a dream like Bill Gross said ... at this rate a 4m landed property will only take 10y to double (means STI probably at 6,000)...10y doubling rate is still decent. In fact, based on experience and knowledge, some properties bought since 2001 took about 7 yrs to 9 yrs to double (don't have statistics to back up though). Anything shorter will be a huge bonus... :rolleyes:

In fact, based on 5% inflation rate, 10 years will only see about 65% rise. :o

Trapping-bird
20-08-12, 22:00

This only applies to free hold properties ba. Not so on 99 years I think. Pls advise.