PDA

View Full Version : 1BR availability query

R9
20-08-12, 18:06
Seeking advice on any 1BR that's already TOP or TOP in 2012, below 600k for own stay.

Other than stamp duty, monthly maintenance fees is there any "hidden" cost i should look out for?

What are the early penalty cost % should i sell off early as I'm looking to purchase a HDB in future (after age 35).

azeoprop
20-08-12, 19:05
Seller's stamp duty.

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=10212

Buy only if you plan to hold for more than 4 years. :D

Other wise rent or buy a dual key unit. You can stay in studio first and rent out the 2/3 bedroom portion. When you have a family, stay in the 2/3 bedroom portion and rent out studio or your parents stay in studio.

There are many just top studios around in the market. Alexis, 8@woodleigh, domus, Mezzo, projects in geylang and telok kurau, caspian, optima, double bay, beacon heights, kovan grandeur etc....

:D

carbuncle
21-08-12, 09:26
bro azeo really took care of interest of all bros with MM here! lol

carbuncle
21-08-12, 09:55
I will add centra suites. centra studios. casa areata. la brisa. airstream. suites@topaz. haig residences. treasures at g19. ventura view. 8@woodLeigh. Palmera east. suites @ eunos. etc etc

ikan bilis
21-08-12, 09:57
you guys throw so many mm projects...
could just shortlist which are the value/best buys for below 600K ??... ;)

carbuncle
21-08-12, 09:58
oops 8woodleigh mentioned. prestige heights. the verve. nova 48.88. the Lenox. naturalis. ... ... ...

stl67
21-08-12, 10:02
Seller's stamp duty.

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=10212

Buy only if you plan to hold for more than 4 years. :D

Other wise rent or buy a dual key unit. You can stay in studio first and rent out the 2/3 bedroom portion. When you have a family, stay in the 2/3 bedroom portion and rent out studio or your parents stay in studio.

There are many just top studios around in the market. Alexis, 8@woodleigh, domus, Mezzo, projects in geylang and telok kurau, caspian, optima, double bay, beacon heights, kovan grandeur etc....

:D

for those dual key unit, how to solve the electric bills issue.. i always wonder if you rent out 1 unit to a very inconsiderate tenant that turn on air con/lights/fans and etc for 24 hrs, how? dont think PUB got 2 meters reading right?

ikan bilis
21-08-12, 10:14
for those dual key unit, how to solve the electric bills issue.. i always wonder if you rent out 1 unit to a very inconsiderate tenant that turn on air con/lights/fans and etc for 24 hrs, how? dont think PUB got 2 meters reading right?

single pub reading for each unit....

but you could install a "sub-meter"... which means main pub meter goes to whole unit... "sub-meter" or 2nd meter measures the consumption of your tenant (or certain section of unit) only. Your electrical wiring contractor knows how to do it....
some of the coffee shops are setup in this way... besides electricity, they could have multiple gas meters/centralized cylinder gas location also...

;)

azeoprop
21-08-12, 10:22
dual key or multiple key units are good for those looking for rental because it allows you to own "multiple units" at 80% loan. :rolleyes:

stl67
21-08-12, 10:28
single pub reading for each unit....

but you could install a "sub-meter"... which means main pub meter goes to whole unit... "sub-meter" or 2nd meter measures the consumption of your tenant (or certain section of unit) only. Your electrical wiring contractor knows how to do it....
some of the coffee shops are setup in this way... besides electricity, they could have multiple gas meters/centralized cylinder gas location also...

;)
i see, but PUB rate differs from time to time..so when the bills come, the owner still need to take a calculator each month and calculate?

ikan bilis
21-08-12, 11:06
i see, but PUB rate differs from time to time..so when the bills come, the owner still need to take a calculator each month and calculate?

ya... but if 2nd meter goes to your tenant only... is easy of just compute out the watts/hr used/reading on meter....

for commercial/industrial.... it is easy, as electricity splitting needed only, ac power come in as 3-phase, each phase goes to each tenant (each got aircon and etc)

for home hor... you got water bill also... that 1 me don't know liow.... for water bill had not heard of people able to install 2nd water meter.... may be dual-key condos can do it...(think only coffee shops can do it).... :D

DC33_2008
21-08-12, 11:07
Very good as owners can monitor their tenants to ensure that they can hand you the $ for rental and does not get too rowdy. The cons are tenant does not like to be too close to their landlord and they will ask you for assistance from time to time. :D
dual key or multiple key units are good for those looking for rental because it allows you to own "multiple units" at 80% loan. :rolleyes:

ikan bilis
21-08-12, 11:14
haha... dual key units and renting out a section must be shiok !!...

- good time got lots of $$ enjoy the whole unit,... why wanna rent out
- bad time running out of $$ stays in the 2-3bdr section, rent out studio.... if worse comes in financial difficulties whole family then squeeze into the studio section....
- very easy to move house... shifting from left to right, or right to left....
- got that privacy, not renting out rooms.... better price/rental also...

:D :D

Beebot
21-08-12, 11:19
haha... dual key units and renting out a section must be shiok !!...

- good time got lots of $$ enjoy the whole unit,... why wanna rent out
- bad time running out of $$ stays in the 2-3bdr section, rent out studio.... if worse comes in financial difficulties whole family then squeeze into the studio section....
- very easy to move house... shifting from left to right, or right to left....
- got that privacy, not renting out rooms.... better price/rental also...

:D :D

If you have a tenant from hell, how? You will be living with a problem 24/7 for the next 1 or 2 years!

ikan bilis
21-08-12, 11:25
If you have a tenant from hell, how? You will be living with a problem 24/7 for the next 1 or 2 years!

haha... that 1 no choice lah... blame it on your luck !!... and if not short of $$ and desperate hor, don;t ever rent out.... :D :D

anyway, i like dual key, i love the studio section of dual key (but i do not like a shoebox pure mm) ... hope i will own and stay in a dual key in future... ;)

xtreme_46
21-08-12, 13:04
1+S TOP soon got any project below 600k?

xtreme_46
21-08-12, 13:08
sorry what is the meaning of dual key unit?

ikan bilis
21-08-12, 13:29
sorry what is the meaning of dual key unit?

2-in-1 unit, or multi-generations unit...
at foyer, you got 2 doors to 2 "physically separated units"... both got it's own bedroom, bathroom, toilet (and for some, kitchen also)

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l529/ikan-bilis/esparina_2bdr.gif

carbuncle
21-08-12, 14:45
this layout suits pervert landlords...

ikan bilis
21-08-12, 15:09

haha... ok... you win... :cheers4:

but hor... pervert landlords need layouts' help meh ??... cannot install hidden camera meh ??... :hell-hath-no-fury: :p

carbuncle
21-08-12, 15:44
haha... ok... you win... :cheers4:

but hor... pervert landlords need layouts' help meh ??... cannot install hidden camera meh ??... :hell-hath-no-fury: :p

u final win!!! :cheers4: :cheers5: :moon:

maisonjai
21-08-12, 16:02
Coz sharing washer?? keke
If not wrong this layout from Frasers.

carbuncle
21-08-12, 17:06
Coz sharing washer?? keke
If not wrong this layout from Frasers.

No... coz LL balcony extends over to TN balcony!!! imagine DOM always go balcony geh geh tend to plants, actually is to peek peek into FYC (fine young chick) living area... / bed (since it's studio totally open)

phantom_opera
21-08-12, 17:27
No... coz LL balcony extends over to TN balcony!!! imagine DOM always go balcony geh geh tend to plants, actually is to peek peek into FYC (fine young chick) living area... / bed (since it's studio totally open)

I think ikan bilis will be super-excited if he is the landlord and the SIA girl is a tenant :p

dtrax
21-08-12, 17:46
I think ikan bilis will be super-excited if he is the landlord and the SIA girl is a tenant :p

sexciteddd

R9
21-08-12, 21:45
Haa, thanks for the advice on dual and the peeping tips lol

Due to budget, i cant afford dual but i do think it's a really good advice. Can stay at studio and rent out the rest, maybe i strike lottery can consider. lol

It's for own stay so will look through the project listed by you guys and try to shortlist the cheaper psf place/biggest.

Geylang is fine for me, in fact i think the location is quite convenient.

ikan bilis
21-08-12, 22:54
welcome to the forum... :cheers4:

maisonjai
21-08-12, 23:29
Direct flight, 7 times per week, auto pilot, crew disarm the landing GEAR!!!

R9
22-08-12, 00:40
thanks guys for the suggestions provided. Look through them and it seems that it's quite hard to find <600k / around 500sqf that TOP or TOP in 2013.

Might need 1. Hunt for more wulu place 2. Lower expectation 3. Sham Marriage to buy HDB Lol

price
22-08-12, 08:19
thanks guys for the suggestions provided. Look through them and it seems that it's quite hard to find <600k / around 500sqf that TOP or TOP in 2013.

Might need 1. Hunt for more wulu place 2. Lower expectation 3. Sham Marriage to buy HDB Lol
your criteria can only get you new projects, i.e. watertown >500sqft was launched at 500+k for their suites. most of the other 1 bedders launched recently are <500sqft. Maybe you can check out old projects like Stadia or smth? since u need the place ASAP or by 2013.

carbuncle
22-08-12, 10:00

U can try Estuary low floor 592sf @ 620k. Most were bought 480k ish.