PDA

View Full Version : URA..really relentless in land sales....??

radha08
24-08-12, 12:45
Whats up...man...looks like every bit of open land being launch for sale...
all around tanah mearh mrt...all around bedok reservior...tampines ave 10..i only monitoring east side...but i pretty sure rest of singapore is the same....are WE really that short of housing...:confused::confused::confused:

Pity all the wildlife thats going to DIE....:scared-4:...snakes/birds/lizards...BYE BYE

p3nboy
24-08-12, 13:25
Pity all the wildlife thats going to DIE....:scared-4:...snakes/birds/lizards...BYE BYE

before anyone can complaint, garment already put in place.....go see garden by the bay, plenty of animals there.:D

CondoWE
24-08-12, 13:32
all around tanah mearh mrt...all around bedok reservior...tampines ave 10..i only monitoring east side...but i pretty sure rest of singapore is the same....are WE really that short of housing...:confused::confused::confused:

Wild boar too....:banghead: !

before anyone can complaint, garment already put in place.....go see garden by the bay, plenty of animals there.:D

Includes stray dogs...:D

radha08
24-08-12, 13:34

frankly speaking some of our condo also filled with animals...HUMAN animals...:scared-1::D

Leeds
24-08-12, 13:38
We seldom take the advice of the government seriously. The plan to tame the rising property prices by the government is through more supply since interest rate is not something MAS is prepared to change its long standing stand. Hopefully, these large supply of lands will meet the demand and allow property prices to be more affordable.

Arcachon
24-08-12, 13:41

Preparing for QE3, Huat Ah.

eng81157
24-08-12, 13:55
We seldom take the advice of the government seriously. The plan to tame the rising property prices by the government is through more supply since interest rate is not something MAS is prepared to change its long standing stand. Hopefully, these large supply of lands will meet the demand and allow property prices to be more affordable.

it's only half correct unless URA accepts all bids, regardless of their price. look at what they've done in the past, reject bids that are too low and artificially pegging land price to market value. There's no turning back unless URA changes its stance.

Affordable? That's a movable yardstick. KenoBiWan claims that $500k flats are affordable, which I think is BS.

carbuncle
24-08-12, 14:07

Doesnt appear to have much effect. Locals still gobbling up the new launches...
Even resale is getting better....

carbuncle
24-08-12, 14:10
it's only half correct unless URA accepts all bids, regardless of their price. look at what they've done in the past, reject bids that are too low and artificially pegging land price to market value. There's no turning back unless URA changes its stance.

Affordable? That's a movable yardstick. KenoBiWan claims that $500k flats are affordable, which I think is BS.

Agree. Did anyone notice the "prime" Bedok North Rd BTO was _postponed_ (supposedly to end of year)? And soon, weeks later, the Tanah Merah plots, one is near launch (eCo), one is sold at record (for the area) price (to Fragrance/WCL), one is up for bidding right next to the MRT station and barely 500-800m from the BTO site.

Is it any wonder if they are actually planning to peg the BTO prices in reference to the upcoming launch prices??

They haven't actually been launching 'cheap' BTOs judging from the last few batches.

eng81157
24-08-12, 14:11
Agree. Did anyone notice the "prime" Bedok North Rd BTO was _postponed_ (supposedly to end of year)? And soon, weeks later, the Tanah Merah plots, one is near launch (eCo), one is sold at record (for the area) price (to Fragrance/WCL), one is up for bidding right next to the MRT station and barely 500-800m from the BTO site.

Is it any wonder if they are actually planning to peg the BTO prices in reference to the upcoming launch prices??

They haven't actually been launching 'cheap' BTOs judging from the last few batches.

Cheap is relative....

radha08
24-08-12, 14:27

hmm very smart move..:cool:

radha08
24-08-12, 14:29

i also noticed like they launching every piece of land around tanah merah mrt...then next year after erl station announcement i believe they will launch all those open land at upp east coast...win win win...:cool:

phantom_opera
24-08-12, 14:29

very sharp observation

radha08
24-08-12, 14:38
sorry your APPEAL is REJECTED..lets move on...:cool:

http://wildsingaporenews.blogspot.sg/2012/08/residents-fail-in-bid-to-save-forested.html

radha08
24-08-12, 14:46
sorry brother...you got to go your land is worth $1000 plus PSF...NO MONEY NO TALK>...:scared-1:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_palm_civet

Shoeboxsupporter
24-08-12, 15:55
For those who like greenery, you may consider to move to Pulau Punggol........the only place is safe from development

radha08
24-08-12, 16:05
For those who like greenery, you may consider to move to Pulau Punggol........the only place is safe from development

...i wont be too sure about that....:sleep:

eng81157
24-08-12, 16:38

you mean pulau ubin or pulau tekong right??? st john's island also has a real cool sea view

Shoeboxsupporter
24-08-12, 17:33
you mean pulau ubin or pulau tekong right??? st john's island also has a real cool sea view

Sorry, Typo, should be Pulau Ubin.......

If Pulau Ubin also develop one day.........:banghead: , better call Pulau Condo,
Tanah Merah is Tanah Condo, Sungai Kadut is Sundai Condo, Bukit Merah is Bukit Condo, Payar Lebar is Payar Condo........:banghead:

Eastboy
25-08-12, 13:45
fast and furious now because a property generally take about 4 yrs to complete. so there is a time-lag. before the next GE, they need to tell voters that supply has met demand. currently, it's still under supply. then when next GE PAP wins again, they will open the floodgates for FTs to come in to soak up the oversupply, if any.

Wynyard
25-08-12, 14:01
But the price hardly drop leh :tongue3:

Why don't they tear down those already enbloc old flat & build new ones? Can still keep our greenery mah :beats-me-man: