PDA

View Full Version : Rental contracts ALL time HIGH

dtrax
27-08-12, 23:19
Rental contracts for all districts [non-landed] in July 2012 has reached an ALL time HIGH at 4221 [$19.9mil] SURPASSING July 2011 peak at 4218 [$19.5mil] in both rental contracts and value.

Why someone who shouted no 50% drop no buy neh neh claim no one renting, people leaving. Why? Whyyyyyyyyyy???

Regulators
27-08-12, 23:30
Mr B kenna jialat jialat

dtrax
27-08-12, 23:32
my theory, bbbasically many pple sell then rent b hoping to drop. Sounds familiar?

dtrax
27-08-12, 23:37
Chart post big big

Regulators
27-08-12, 23:39
the most BASIC thing is never to sell the only roof over one's head

my theory, bbbasically many pple sell then rent b hoping to drop. Sounds familiar?

yjcai
27-08-12, 23:40

Sounds fun

dtrax
27-08-12, 23:42
Sounds fun

my dear, it is not fun when you pay $X,XXX p.m x 12mnths every yr. The only revenge you can do is wreck havoc to the landlords home or keyboard warrior copy n paste everyday... even that can have dire consequences on mental n health..never mind fainting and spend the money go see doc.

radha08
28-08-12, 00:12
Collecting rent is FUN...:cheers1:

Paying rent SUCKzzzzz:banghead:

I know....been there done that...:o

Rysk
28-08-12, 00:36
No wonder MR B so quiet the whole night.. Thinking hard whether to grab one unit first thing in the morning at One Dusun before is gone.. Paying rental for the past 4-yrs is really no joke..

radha08
28-08-12, 00:50
my dear, it is not fun when you pay $X,XXX p.m x 12mnths every yr. The only revenge you can do is wreck havoc to the landlords home or keyboard warrior copy n paste everyday... even that can have dire consequences on mental n health..never mind fainting and spend the money go see doc.

u wreck havoc u loose ur 1mth deposit so part of it so be good and at least take back ur 1mth deposit thats what i be doing and also thanking my landlord for giving me the oppurtunity to let me and my family have stayed in his beautiful house...:47:

dtrax
28-08-12, 00:59
With vacancy rate has been holding steady at 6.8% for last 3 quarters from 2011 Q4 till now, I have no comments.

yjcai
28-08-12, 01:06

They only have themselves to blame for being too greedy to speculate the market. It is only right they pay X,XXX. Oops

dtrax
28-08-12, 03:49
Source: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1222421/1/.html

SINGAPORE : Property leasing transactions in Singapore hit a record high of S$24.5 million in July, based on data by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA).

In July, median rents for both landed and non-landed homes also hit a historical high of S$2.81 per square foot per month (psf pm) and S$3.60 psf pm respectively.

On a year-on-year basis, median rents for landed homes rose 2 per cent, while median rents for non-landed homes rose 7 per cent.

Meanwhile, leasing volume for both non-landed and landed homes rose 11 per cent on-month to 4,717 leases in July 2012.

This reflects strong, prevailing demand for landed and non-landed homes.

On a year-on-year basis however, total leasing volume fell by 0.7 per cent, closely matching last year's figures.

Property consultancy Savills Research said July is traditionally a seasonal peak for the rental market, so leasing transactions are expected to decline thereafter.

However, they added that when measured on a year-to-year basis, leasing transactions would at least hold firm or even sporadically rise for a month or two.

Savills is also confident that rents on per square foot basis will increase, as new incomers with constrained rental budgets move towards smaller format homes, or landed properties with a lower absolute quantum.

The dire eurozone situation is also likely to keep the number of new leases high and even exceed last year's numbers.

However, rental quantum payable is likely to fall after the bulk of small format homes sold from 2010 onwards is completed.

According to Savills, this bulk of small format homes has the effect of keeping rental indices up.

They suggest that once these are completed from 2013, coupled with a stagnating eurozone situation, rents may see an inflexion point.

ysyap
28-08-12, 06:28
Searched one month still can't find tenants. Only 2 viewings. Is it coz my agent lazy or market no good? Now that the latter has proven to be false, then must be the former is true lah... sigh! :tsk-tsk:

cnud
28-08-12, 08:46
Searched one month still can't find tenants. Only 2 viewings. Is it coz my agent lazy or market no good? Now that the latter has proven to be false, then must be the former is true lah... sigh! :tsk-tsk:

Which location bro?

ysyap
28-08-12, 09:43
Which location bro?Seng Kang Hougang area... :). Me no concern lah... suspect my agent not working hard enough... will push a bit more... Lol!

phantom_opera
28-08-12, 09:50
Technically, rental for condo should escalate in next few years at moderate pace, so all time high will not stay that long

hyenergix
28-08-12, 10:12

Is yours a MM 1/2 bedder or normal 2/3 bedders? I suspect the index is pushed by by MM.

cnud
28-08-12, 11:25
Seng Kang Hougang area... :). Me no concern lah... suspect my agent not working hard enough... will push a bit more... Lol!

With the deluge of projects coming up in NE, think will worsen the situation in a few years time.. Must prepare 3 months without tenant for contingency?

radha08
28-08-12, 11:27

try push to other agent...maybe this one not working hard enough...:tsk-tsk:

dtrax
28-08-12, 12:11
Seng Kang Hougang area... :). Me no concern lah... suspect my agent not working hard enough... will push a bit more... Lol!

Agent not working hard? Well D19 rental contracts started bottom about 2 months ago and started to increase in transactions. Could be because of your asking or maybe age of condo?

phantom_opera
28-08-12, 12:13
ysyap PM Mr B, you might get immediate tenant :scared-1:

radha08
28-08-12, 12:52
ysyap PM Mr B, you might get immediate tenant :scared-1:

like...:D:D:D:D

DC33_2008
28-08-12, 14:08
Location makes a difference.