PDA

View Full Version : I got a BAD..Feeling..

radha08
03-09-12, 12:43
Big brother going to come in soon and WACK all those HDB owners...who own private property...and renting out their HDB...:rolleyes:...looks like people are manipulating the market...they already done this with PR...and if they NOT going to come out any more CM..i think this is one avenue they will explore...to send a CLEAR signal to the people...

Either u buy HDB or PRIVATE...no MORE half/half...:o

if this happens...people like me will be screwed...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Allthepies
03-09-12, 12:45
how strong is ur feeling? :D:D

like tat OCR gg to cheong more!

ikan bilis
03-09-12, 12:49
Big brother going to come in soon and WACK all those HDB owners...who own private property...and renting out their HDB...:rolleyes:...looks like people are manipulating the market...they already done this with PR...and if they NOT going to come out any more CM..i think this is one avenue they will explore...to send a CLEAR signal to the people...

if this happens...people like me will be screwed...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

"at this moment" you do not kena whacked mah !!??.. you where got bad feeling ??... you should be happy to see show... :D

carbuncle
03-09-12, 12:50
Rent out rooms can. Rent out whole flat to be disallowed. Hdb not meant for investment purposes.

radha08
03-09-12, 12:50
"at this moment" you do not kena whacked mah !!??.. you where got bad feeling ??... you should be happy to see show... :D

at moment no kena wack but FUTURE how to huat x2( 1 x hdb 1 x private)

look like the hole is getting BIGGER...now got people pay 808k for EM...GOVT eye SURE OPEN BIG BIG..:o

radha08
03-09-12, 12:52
Rent out rooms can. Rent out whole flat to be disallowed. Hdb not meant for investment purposes.

wah give me idea rent room to young mei mei....everyday got something to see...:D

Allthepies

HDB is a lifeline for many to upgrade. if u chop off this lifeline, these group of people will be stuck forever....

carbuncle
bro you staying the hdb and intend to rent out private right.... nothing wrong.

ikan bilis
03-09-12, 12:56
at moment no kena wack but FUTURE how to huat x2( 1 x hdb 1 x private)

look like the hole is getting BIGGER...now got people pay 808k for EM...GOVT eye SURE OPEN BIG BIG..:o

go tell kenobi wan it is the property agents who push up hdb price lor... they anyhow paying ~200K cov wan... ask kenobi wan to whack those property agents and don't touch genuine hdb investors lor... :D

ikan bilis
03-09-12, 12:57

i actually agree to this all the time... ;)

radha08
03-09-12, 13:01
bro you staying the hdb and intend to rent out private right.... nothing wrong.

ya probably but u know our govt one day they may just say...own hdb CANNOT own private...dunno la just thoughts...:rolleyes:

the more i see news about HDB record price mote i worried..

carbuncle
03-09-12, 13:03
the current policy is flawed and partial

radha08
03-09-12, 13:05

good for some bad for others...:rolleyes:

ikan bilis
03-09-12, 13:09

umm.... dun know... i view it as they cannot reverse/"go-stun" all the policies liow...

may be is time to do like hk side,...
After staying for some time limit, hdb owner you go and top up some land cost,... after that your hdb is treated as "semi-privatised",... and there is no ownership restriction, mop restriction and etc when you sell it or keep it... govt then recycles your land cost $$ top up to help/subsidize next batch of hdb owners...

;)

lajia
03-09-12, 13:10
if cannot rent out HDB then those foreigner who come to sg to work all so rich must rent PC?? If cannot rent then they stay where??

I think CM is to kurb speculation, i think most of us have forgotten this objective. those with 1 hdb & 1 PC should be alright. investment plus helping to support more foreigners coming here to work. If not, govt got another problem, every foreigner who comes here no place to stay :scared-3: even worst situation as rental confirm will shoot up due to high demand and no supply...:eek:

:2cents:

proper-t
03-09-12, 13:43
HDB is an integral part of our property market and its prices form the floor for our entire property sector. It is also the cheapest rental alternative for any PR/foreigner to seek accomodation. What's more the greatest percentage of citizen/Pr ownership of property lies in HDB flats.

Any move that big bro makes has to be carefully calibrated as it affects the majority of SG citizens and PRs. Their response so far to burgeoning demand (from influx of new citizens/PRs/foreigners renting) has been to ramp up supply. Its a political landmine to mess with HDB prices so I seriously doubt there will be any significant measure. It is a BIG dilemna for them because everytime HDB prices move up, the entire sector will shift up a notch because they form the floor price. Any move that causes HDB prices to go down will majorly dent the wealth factor of the majority of SG citizen/PRs and have a ripple effect on the entire property sector, so how? Best to just churn out more flats and let mkt forces dictate.

radha08
03-09-12, 13:52
HDB is an integral part of our property market and its prices form the floor for our entire property sector. It is also the cheapest rental alternative for any PR/foreigner to seek accomodation. What's more the greatest percentage of citizen/Pr ownership of property lies in HDB flats.

Any move that big bro makes has to be carefully calibrated as it affects the majority of SG citizens and PRs. Their response so far to burgeoning demand (from influx of new citizens/PRs/foreigners renting) has been to ramp up supply. Its a political landmine to mess with HDB prices so I seriously doubt there will be any significant measure. It is a BIG dilemna for them because everytime HDB prices move up, the entire sector will shift up a notch because they form the floor price. Any move that causes HDB prices to go down will majorly dent the wealth factor of the majority of SG citizen/PRs and have a ripple effect on the entire property sector, so how? Best to just churn out more flats and let mkt forces dictate.

agree but day by day slowly and surely hdb is reaching the million dollar mark...will that be a happy or sad day...as usual more will b happy and a few sad...:cool:...but more importantly what will big brother do on that day...:scared-1:

phantom_opera
03-09-12, 13:53
I agree with bro radha, major supply of completed HDB for sale will not come in till probably 2017, if HDB resale price up just 8% per year, between now and 2017, it has potential to go up another 40% to breach the 1million magic mark ... that means all flats now selling at 650-700k will be close to 1m which will boost BTO prices to at least 600k even in Punggol, way beyond affordability of 1st timers

The valuation of HDB resale flat is creeping up at about 60k per year, so say starting point is 600k

2013 660k
2014 720k
2015 780k
2016 840k
2017 900k
2018 960k

So the question is WHEN :scared-4:

focus
03-09-12, 14:01
agree but day by day slowly and surely hdb is reaching the million dollar mark...will that be a happy or sad day...as usual more will b happy and a few sad...:cool:...but more importantly what will big brother do on that day...:scared-1:

Come to think of it.. it is indeed crazy that a million dollars can only buy you a decent size HDB ... if that ever happens..

HK the same is it?

proper-t
03-09-12, 14:04

I think its a given that they can't please everyone. As long as majority of voting populace is happy, they will try to manage the expectations of the unhappy minority.

radha08
03-09-12, 14:05
I agree with bro radha, major supply of completed HDB for sale will not come in till probably 2017, if HDB resale price up just 8% per year, between now and 2017, it has potential to go up another 40% to breach the 1million magic mark ... that means all flats now selling at 650-700k will be close to 1m which will boost BTO prices to at least 600k even in Punggol, way beyond affordability of 1st timers

The valuation of HDB resale flat is creeping up at about 60k per year, so say starting point is 600k

2013 660k
2014 720k
2015 780k
2016 840k
2017 900k
2018 960k

So the question is WHEN :scared-4:

BOTTOMLINE is people got NO choice if u need a ROOF over your head only choice is to PAY and PAY...renting/stay with in-laws/stay Pulau Ubin..:scared-1:...is all BULLSHIT...property market GOT no mercy....minimum is hdb...even few years ago u buy 3rm HDB...100k plus...lucky u get MUP/LUP..etc...today huat x 3...but few years ago you pay rental....you get a BIG ...THANK YOU...from your landlord.

But my only fear is GOING forward where are we headed...it is like walking in a Minefield...take a wrong STEP..."Kaboommmm"..:scared-1:...GAME OVER:cool:

radha08
03-09-12, 14:08
Come to think of it.. it is indeed crazy that a million dollars can only buy you a decent size HDB ... if that ever happens..

HK the same is it?

bro i also say crazy...but people paying 100k plus for COV...means valuation go up...means price go up...not today/tommorow...maybe next year ...:confused:...i DUNNO but i DONT ever think u can EVER EVER EVER buy 3rm flat at 100k plus...4rm 200k plus...5rm 300k plus....more like prices start at 350k....UPWARDS:o

thomastansb
03-09-12, 14:14
Why would that happen? It is perfectly legal to rent out the whole HDB while staying in a condo. As long as over the 5 years MOP.

phantom_opera
03-09-12, 14:17
It is confirmed that ICA is tightening EP renewals, min 3k now, if older 3.3k also cannot

End up we could see a major wage inflation for EP holders by companies due to fear of failed renewals for existing employees

This will further push up 3r HDB resale / rental prices

Now teachers also get 8% increment, salary ranges from 2.8-6.9k

thomastansb
03-09-12, 14:19
I agree also. Government need to draw a firm line. Investment or own stay. If not, the line is blurred and lead to dispute and disgruntled citizens.

radha08
03-09-12, 14:23
Why would that happen? It is perfectly legal to rent out the whole HDB while staying in a condo. As long as over the 5 years MOP.

after more than 40 years staying in this country one thing i have learnt...expect the UNEXPECTED...:cool:

for this case...well GOVT has all the data and they may feel thta time has COME...

To CUT away the link between HDB/PRIVATE...i.e if you can afford private dont touch HDB..others need it more...i dont know just thoughts as usual...such is the human mind it KEEPS thinking...i know mine does...:D

phantom_opera
03-09-12, 14:24
if whole flat sublet of HDB is not allowed, then new immigrants stay where? rental of 1/1+S/2br mass market condo could go up 30% overnight

radha08
03-09-12, 14:25
It is confirmed that ICA is tightening EP renewals, min 3k now, if older 3.3k also cannot

End up we could see a major wage inflation for EP holders by companies due to fear of failed renewals for existing employees

Now teachers also get 8% increment, salary ranges from 2.8-6.9k]

YUMMY if my kids cannot become lawyers/doctors...just TEACH la...:D

carbuncle
03-09-12, 14:29
bto in super ulu lim chu kang maybe 100k plus for 3rm...

radha08
03-09-12, 14:29
if whole flat sublet of HDB is not allowed, then new immigrants stay where? rental of 1/1+S/2br mass market condo could go up 30% overnight

this what happened in bedok....south...a few blocks enbloc by hdb then instead of tearing down they rent out...smart buggers...

http://www.olx.com.sg/block-46-47-48-49-50-bedok-south-avenue-3-just-350-meters-away-from-tanamera-mrt-the-u-iid-77324936

radha08
03-09-12, 14:30
bto in super ulu lim chu kang maybe 100k plus for 3rm...

ha ha will be oversubscribed x 10:D

carbuncle
03-09-12, 14:32

Now teachers also get 8% increment, salary ranges from 2.8-6.9k

Be a landlord and mitigate that risk.

thomastansb
03-09-12, 14:33
Government's hands are tied also. They can't do anything about it. I feel they have dug themselves a very big hole. I don't think any action can be taken except more enforcement for flats which haven't hit MOP.

wind30
03-09-12, 14:44
actually I think the hdb prices will fall in a couple of years. The reason why it went up so much is that HDB built only like 5k flats a year for many years trying to clear their old backlog. They also refused to keep any invetory which is stupid.

I think hdb is ramping production agressively. When all the flats get built in like 2-3 years... I think the prices will go down. Especially, some of the buyers of new fats might own resale hdb.

now we have not seen the increased supply hit the rental market yet. so you cant really judge the effect on rental market.

All those 25k families a year who bought their new flats are staying somewhere now. When their new flats are ready, they will have to move out.

radha08
03-09-12, 14:47
actually I think the hdb prices will fall in a couple of years. The reason why it went up so much is that HDB built only like 5k flats a year for many years trying to clear their old backlog. They also refused to keep any invetory which is stupid.

I think hdb is ramping production agressively. When all the flats get built in like 2-3 years... I think the prices will go down. Especially, some of the buyers of new fats might own resale hdb.

now we have not seen the increased supply hit the rental market yet. so you cant really judge the effect on rental market.

All those 25k families a year who bought their new flats are staying somewhere now. When their new flats are ready, they will have to move out.

yup only time will tell until then we got to keep guessing...:confused:

phantom_opera
03-09-12, 14:54

For BTOs, very high % is allocated to first timers. I don't think second timers success rate was high ... most are still first timers so unlikely you will have many people trying to sell HDB flats in 2-3y time

Regulators
03-09-12, 14:55
Those who fulfill MOP should be allowed to rent mah. If they only allow those who own HDB to rent HDB, then where the HDB owners going to stay, with their relatives? There is a rental market for HDB now coz most of those who rent their HDB have an alternative home to stay so they can rent.

East Lover
03-09-12, 14:58
ya probably but u know our govt one day they may just say...own hdb CANNOT own private...dunno la just thoughts...:rolleyes:

the more i see news about HDB record price mote i worried..
Why not just stop PR to have both HDB n pc? Voter will be happy, PR have to make up their mind - I know many couples husband converted, wife still holds other country passport. All these not qualify to have both HDB n pc :D

East Lover
03-09-12, 15:00
Those who fulfill MOP should be allowed to rent mah. If they only allow those who own HDB to rent HDB, then where the HDB owners going to stay, with their relatives? There is a rental market for HDB now coz most of those who rent their HDB have an alternative home to stay so they can rent.
Only pure citizens allow to rent HDB! :D

thomastansb
03-09-12, 15:04
I have a different set of thinking. Prices will not fall if second timers are not given too many slots for BTO.

90% of HDB flats are allocated to 1st timers. They are probably staying with parents. Unlikely they are renting a place currently. So they do not have to vacant a place like you said.

Remaining 10% are second timers. My guess is probably 5% have a flat already and need to dispose within 6 months when the BTO is ready. 5% is not a lot and the supply can be easily absorb by foreigners.

And most importantly, the 90% have a MOP of 5 years. HDB only ramp up supply in 2010. The first massive batch will TOP in 2013 with MOP till 2018. So all of the flats will not appear in resale market until earliest 2018. Another important point to note is even those 25,000 year 2010 flats are "resaleable" in 2018, how many will sell? I can safely say majority are staying put. Only a small handful will want to upgrade but still, the supply should be easily absorb by foreigners or Singaporeans looking at immediate flats.

The equation will change when HDB allocate, say 50%, BTO for 2nd timers (Mr. Khaw, take note). These 2nd timers probably own an existing flat and have 6 months to dispose the flat after getting the keys to their new house. Even at negative COV, they have to sell. You will see firesales then.

So bottom line, my feel is HDB prices is unlikely to drop. Unless some clever people want to please everybody.

phantom_opera
03-09-12, 15:09
That's why Kenobi-wan keep saying he is looking into second timers success rate .... but Kenobi-wan is old and fragile, no match for the dark side :p Our last hope is the young Sky Walker and his sis who always dress in white :D

radha08
03-09-12, 15:13
BOTTOMLINE.....HDB/EC/PC/DBSS/FH/LH/EP/PR/FT/MRT/COV.....:cool:

Its all a big.....MESS....:doh:

but govt shouldnt be too sad....good business...$$$$:eek:

only the working class will feel the...PINCH:scared-1:

phantom_opera
03-09-12, 15:14

The root of the evil, SG Inc must make $$ in everything they do, everything I meant ... maid has maid levy, property has ABSD and SSD, MRT must wait until enough ppl then open, HDB lands must peg to market, DC rate must go up and peg to land price blah blah blah ..HDB shop space in punggol tender out at 20+k per month rental .... perfect storm

thomastansb
03-09-12, 15:49
But there are some stupid idiots around. Keep saying HDB 700k. They should be looking at Sengkang. 4 bedroom flat only 250 to 300k.

radha08
03-09-12, 16:17
But there are some stupid idiots around. Keep saying HDB 700k. They should be looking at Sengkang. 4 bedroom flat only 250 to 300k.

maybe the stupid idiots NOT so stupid...:cool:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-sale-155-rivervale-crescent-11066316

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-sale-132-rivervale-street-10627903

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-sale-267a-compassvale-link-10877475

:scared-1::scared-1::scared-1:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-sale-184c-rivervale-crescent-11085082

eng81157
03-09-12, 16:25

new 4 room flat in that area is already going at 200+k. resale should hit beyond 300k.

no offence to people residing in sengkang, but the area sucks. crappy food, little amenities. to make it worse, almost every other street is "blah-blah-blah VALE", e.g. compassvale, fernvale, anchorvale.....

where's my good ol' Lorong 1, Avenue 1, Street 1? so easy to get lost in that area without a GPS

radha08
03-09-12, 16:28
new 4 room flat in that area is already going at 200+k. resale should hit beyond 300k.

no offence to people residing in sengkang, but the area sucks. crappy food, little amenities. to make it worse, almost every other street is "blah-blah-blah VALE", e.g. compassvale, fernvale, anchorvale.....

where's my good ol' Lorong 1, Avenue 1, Street 1? so easy to get lost in that area without a GPS

But the FT from India/Philipines/Cina love it cos compared to their home country its PARADISE...:cool:

eng81157
03-09-12, 16:31
But the FT from India/Philipines/Cina love it cos compared to their home country its PARADISE...:cool:

i won't deny that, but these aren't the carrotheads who will pay $800k for a HDB flat

radha08
03-09-12, 16:32

oh if ur talking bout BTO then should be about there..but thats a 3 year wait plus 5 year MOP...so after 8 years u should be able to make a few $$$:rolleyes:

radha08
03-09-12, 16:33
i won't deny that, but these aren't the carrotheads who will pay $800k for a HDB flat

NO these are...:D

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-sale-184c-rivervale-crescent-11085082

eng81157
03-09-12, 16:42
NO these are...:D

eh, that's just an advert.

this is proof........
http://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BB33RTIS/BB33SSearchWidget

and i sold my telok blangah unit in the similar price region in 2009

Allthepies
03-09-12, 17:49
an evil way to make all hdb owners poor and to solve HDB rising cost is to (1) stop all renting of HDB (2) governmet take over rental by building rental flats to rent to PR and Singaporeans (3) HDB can only be resold at the price u bought.

eng81157
03-09-12, 21:06
an evil way to make all hdb owners poor and to solve HDB rising cost is to (1) stop all renting of HDB (2) governmet take over rental by building rental flats to rent to PR and Singaporeans (3) HDB can only be resold at the price u bought.

sure....and PAP will surely be out of power the next GE

radha08
03-09-12, 21:14
sure....and PAP will surely be out of power the next GE

i was about to say that...:D:D:D

then all the mp got to stay..hdb...:scared-1:

blackapple
03-09-12, 21:52

Many are not complaining about high HDB cost already. The demand is being meet. Why PAP want to created new problem ? :doh: :doh:

About 50% of the 25 to 29 are graduates reported in the paper. Assume their starting pay is 3000 per month, their combined salary will be (3000*13*2) $78000. If the employer cpf is included, the combined salary will be (78000/.8) $97500. For a BTO of $500,000, the affordable ratio is 5.12. This is only after a few years of working. So who say BTO and HDB is not affordable.

If the government can resolve the transport issue, 2016 will have better result.

ysyap
03-09-12, 22:03
an evil way to make all hdb owners poor and to solve HDB rising cost is to (1) stop all renting of HDB (2) governmet take over rental by building rental flats to rent to PR and Singaporeans (3) HDB can only be resold at the price u bought.If sell at buying price, the following will occur...

I bought my unit at $80k about 25 years back, I sell at $80k so I go eat grass better....

Our ex-MM Lee will come after you coz he said HDB is govt's gift to citizens to weather inflation. There will be a sudden demand for HDB resale and no more competition. Buyers don't have to wait for the right price coz must die die sell at sales price so agent angry at super low low commission then come up with new ideas... Underground COV where sky's the limit. If sell on paper @ $300k, undeclared COV will be $200k... :D

radha08
03-09-12, 22:08
If sell at buying price, the following will occur...

I bought my unit at $80k about 25 years back, I sell at $80k so I go eat grass better....

Our ex-MM Lee will come after you coz he said HDB is govt's gift to citizens to weather inflation. There will be a sudden demand for HDB resale and no more competition. Buyers don't have to wait for the right price coz must die die sell at sales price so agent angry at super low low commission then come up with new ideas... Underground COV where sky's the limit. If sell on paper @ $300k, undeclared COV will be $200k... :D

wah bro 25 years ago u must be old...:D

ysyap
03-09-12, 22:12
wah bro 25 years ago u must be old...:DLol... forgot to add 'If'. If I bought my unit 25 years ago... ;) My parents bought their first HDB flat 30 years back so I was actually thinking about my parents' generation who hasn't moved. :rolleyes: Anyway, I'll reach that age before I even know it, i.e. if I am still well by then... Lol!

radha08
03-09-12, 22:19
Lol... forgot to add 'If'. If I bought my unit 25 years ago... ;) My parents bought their first HDB flat 30 years back so I was actually thinking about my parents' generation who hasn't moved. :rolleyes: Anyway, I'll reach that age before I even know it, i.e. if I am still well by then... Lol!

phew...ok..tks for clarifying...:D

price
03-09-12, 23:02
Many are not complaining about high HDB cost already. The demand is being meet. Why PAP want to created new problem ? :doh: :doh:

About 50% of the 25 to 29 are graduates reported in the paper. Assume their starting pay is 3000 per month, their combined salary will be (3000*13*2) $78000. If the employer cpf is included, the combined salary will be (78000/.8) $97500. For a BTO of $500,000, the affordable ratio is 5.12. This is only after a few years of working. So who say BTO and HDB is not affordable.

If the government can resolve the transport issue, 2016 will have better result.

1) not every child becomes a graduate

2) what about the aging population with no children to depend on and with no jobs?

3) I do agree BTO and HDB are still affordable. one just got to buy within his own means. if u earn peanuts, dont complain that you cant afford a 5 room flat. stick to a studio / 2 room.

Regulators
03-09-12, 23:29
25 years ago i still in primary school running around playing goh li

wah bro 25 years ago u must be old...:D

thomastansb
03-09-12, 23:46
Some fools want to buy at 100k and sell it at 500k.

But I tell you, if HDB value drop 50%, they will cry.

radha08
03-09-12, 23:48
Some fools want to buy at 100k and sell it at 500k.

But I tell you, if HDB value drop 50%, they will cry.

interesting so hdb market got fools and stupid idiots....hmm...:rolleyes:

lajia
04-09-12, 00:01
agree, if price stay the same, not only u eat grass, all will eat grass...whats the fuss here...:rolleyes: most of you who stay in private have already earn one round and maybe some even more rounds on their HDBs. So why complain about high HDB price? Demand and supply is working...:o
When this generation look back, it is just like what we have look back as before, nothing change...and ppl will continue to complain. :2cents: my parent bought at 50K, i bought at 200k and my son will buy at 500K...thats life. nothing wrong. it will be very wrong if i can still buy at 50K :D

If sell at buying price, the following will occur...

Regulators
04-09-12, 00:03
if hdb price not high, how to support mass market condo. There will be no hdb upgraders to upgrade to condo and mass market will just depend largely on foreigners and prices will come down.

agree, if price stay the same, not only u eat grass, all will eat grass...whats the fuss here...:rolleyes: most of you who stay in private have already earn one round and maybe some even more rounds on their HDBs. So why complain about high HDB price? Demand and supply is working...:o
When this generation look back, it is just like what we have look back as before, nothing change...and ppl will continue to complain. :2cents: my parent bought at 50K, i bought at 200k and my son will buy at 500K...thats life. nothing wrong. it will be very wrong if i can still buy at 50K :D

radha08
04-09-12, 00:41

no complain bro...just COMMENT...interesting to see how our good govt handle the HDB market...:cool:

WE the CITIZENS of condo.singapore...pledge ourselves as one united INVESTOR...regardless of HDB/EC or PC...so as to achieve $$$$...may we HUATx3 and achieve success for our FUTURE generation....:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

GOOD NITE:D

lajia
04-09-12, 00:43
hahaha....you are the man, give this man a tiger...:p

no complain bro...just COMMENT...interesting to see how our good govt handle the HDB market...:cool:

WE the CITIZENS of condo.singapore...pledge ourselves as one united INVESTOR...regardless of HDB/EC or PC...so as to achieve $$$$...may we HUATx3 and achieve success for our FUTURE generation....:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

GOOD NITE:D

phantom_opera
04-09-12, 03:44
this ponzi like scheme is going to end badly one day:banghead:

ysyap
04-09-12, 08:04
this ponzi like scheme is going to end badly one day:banghead:Care to elaborate? :)

phantom_opera
04-09-12, 09:33
Care to elaborate? :)

Why do u think PAP start importing immigrants?? And how long this can continue given our small size.

Peg to US Fed rate is another time bomb

blackapple
04-09-12, 09:50
Why do u think PAP start importing immigrants?? And how long this can continue given our small size.

Peg to US Fed rate is another time bomb

If we enbloc all old estate especially AMK, we can support 10 millions. Look at the carpark and the plot ratio. It is a matter of policy. We still will have immigrant but at a slower pace.

As for the FED problem, with so many billions of people what is the best solution other than digitalise money and free printing. Go back to gold standard?? Only oldies like Ron Paul and ah Ben ... Ask the young generation, no one want gold.

stl67
04-09-12, 09:53

and their salary is not going to be at 3k forever.. everytime they move jobs, their salary will jump 10-30%... (i went through this before)... so the young grads don't need to KPKB...:D

but this theory does not stand for the not so educated families and they need help lor..:(

gn108
04-09-12, 09:56
In terms of housing, we can easily support 10m++.
But in terms of comprehensive infrastructure aka transport, road, sanitisation svs, water etc, how effective can this be delivered?
It's comprehensive City Planning and not just population.

If we enbloc all old estate especially AMK, we can support 10 millions. Look at the carpark and the plot ratio. It is a matter of policy. We still will have immigrant but at a slower pace.

As for the FED problem, with so many billions of people what is the best solution other than digitalise money and free printing. Go back to gold standard?? Only oldies like Ron Paul and ah Ben ... Ask the young generation, no one want gold.

phantom_opera
04-09-12, 10:06
You must be joking to say Singapore can support 10m population, please look at Hong Kong

And don't be too happy about salary increase through inflation ... if your productivity never increases, MNCs will leave.

It is a huge mistake to adjust EP min requirement to above 3k ... this simply boost the salary without increasing productivity

phantom_opera
04-09-12, 10:26
10y SGS yield @ 1.33%
inflation at 4-4.5%
teachers salary up 8%, doctors/nurses up 15-20%, EP min requirement raised from 2 to 2.5k and now 3k, salaries of cleaners, guards, civil servants up > 10% OVERNIGHT
Punggol HDB clinic rental 20+k per month
COE for commercial vehicle hitting 60k
rampant rental increase of REITs
shortage of resale HDB flats due to MOP and under building

perfect strategy to create wealth via inflation :p

avo7007
04-09-12, 13:28
10y SGS yield @ 1.33%
inflation at 4-4.5%
teachers salary up 8%, doctors/nurses up 15-20%, EP min requirement raised from 2 to 2.5k and now 3k, salaries of cleaners, guards, civil servants up > 10% OVERNIGHT
Punggol HDB clinic rental 20+k per month
COE for commercial vehicle hitting 60k
rampant rental increase of REITs
shortage of resale HDB flats due to MOP and under building

perfect strategy to create wealth via inflation :p

And yet we are the top 5 most competitive economy in the world.:D

proud owner
04-09-12, 14:35
I heard from a fed that 3 of his FT colleagues rented a room each in a 3 bedder unit at Pinacles.

Isn't it less than 5 yr old? How come can rent out whole unit?

Unless pinnacles is not considered HDB

hopeful
04-09-12, 14:40
I heard from a fed that 3 of his FT colleagues rented a room each in a 3 bedder unit at Pinacles.

maybe special case?
like this case
http://www.asiaone.com/print/Business/My%2BMoney/Property/Story/A1Story20120314-333452.html

buttercarp
04-09-12, 14:44

Pinnacles @Duxton is HDB.
Mabbe the owner stay in the living room?
Or mabbe owner posted overseas?

phantom_opera
04-09-12, 14:49
And yet we are the top 5 most competitive economy in the world.:D

for how long? :eek: :tsk-tsk:

thomastansb
04-09-12, 15:18
Your local companies will close down also..

You must be joking to say Singapore can support 10m population, please look at Hong Kong

And don't be too happy about salary increase through inflation ... if your productivity never increases, MNCs will leave.

It is a huge mistake to adjust EP min requirement to above 3k ... this simply boost the salary without increasing productivity

lajia
04-09-12, 15:33
Bro, u look too much into numbers. I'm not sure 8mil or 10mil is too much but I can only say that if we don't open the gate, we will be doom very fast and by then, we cannot grow fast enough and it will be too late!

eng81157
04-09-12, 15:37
Your local companies will close down also..

and the going norm for a plate of chicken rice will be $10

radha08
04-09-12, 16:56

siao liao...:doh:...my favourite

buttercarp
04-09-12, 18:16

siao liao...:doh:...my favourite

Hey bro, I just discovered another good chicken rice joint nearby.
It is the famous Tian Tian chicken rice branch in Joo Chiat.
In addition, they have free car park right in front of their shop for customers.
After you leave their premises, you must move your car out, otherwise will kenna wheel clamp.

blackapple
04-09-12, 18:24
Bro, u look too much into numbers. I'm not sure 8mil or 10mil is too much but I can only say that if we don't open the gate, we will be doom very fast and by then, we cannot grow fast enough and it will be too late!

I am not for 10 million.. I am already drowned by the amount of FT.. What i am saying that we have the space for 10 million..

But if the government do it slowly, the population can continue to grow.. Of course the infrastructure need to catch up..

phantom_opera
04-09-12, 18:26
This was published in 2008:

SINGAPORE may suffer the most among Asian economies from an ageing population, with the average growth in economic output falling more than 40 per cent over the next 25 years.

A new research report from Swiss banking giant UBS found that the Republic is set to be the world's third- fastest ageing nation, as the proportion of those aged 65 and above will double to 20 per cent in 2020.

radha08
04-09-12, 19:21
Hey bro, I just discovered another good chicken rice joint nearby.
It is the famous Tian Tian chicken rice branch in Joo Chiat.
In addition, they have free car park right in front of their shop for customers.
After you leave their premises, you must move your car out, otherwise will kenna wheel clamp.

YUMMY

http://www.tiantianchickenrice.com/location.html

bedok also got...:D

buttercarp
04-09-12, 22:43
YUMMY

http://www.tiantianchickenrice.com/location.html

bedok also got...:D

I have not tried the Bedok one, but I read some review that it is not as authentic as the original one.
Actually I have not tried the one at Maxwell road yet.