PDA

View Full Version : Newbie qn on value allocation

Vincegoh
06-09-12, 11:00
super newbie question.. hope u guys dun hantam me.

out of curiousity, if a project is enbloc-ed, will the valuation be just based on a similar psf for all units or will there be separate allocations given to view, high storey, built in space (vs patio/pes/roof terrace).

i.e. will a ground floor patio unit (with sizeable PES) be given the same psf as that of a compact 3br located on a high floor?

thanks for any guidance... :)

radha08
06-09-12, 11:21

out of curiousity, if a project is enbloc-ed, will the valuation be just based on a similar psf for all units or will there be separate allocations given to view, high storey, built in space (vs patio/pes/roof terrace).

i.e. will a ground floor patio unit (with sizeable PES) be given the same psf as that of a compact 3br located on a high floor?

so which property u aiming to buy..;)

Astronotus oscellatus
06-09-12, 11:29

Share values...I think that is all...

stl67
06-09-12, 11:31

PES,roof terrace, pation are area you paid for and this will be included in your GFA.
View and high storey not counted.

I think in the market there is some standard equation based on GFA and share value. Cant really remember.

PN
06-09-12, 11:39
For enbloc, the Singapore Institute of Surveyors recommends the following methods:-

Share value Method: the apportionment for each unit is proportionate to its unit’s share value in relation to the total share value for the development.
An average of the strata floor area and the share value method – the apportionment is according to the unit’s strata floor area in relation to the total strata floor area. The figures derived from the share value Method and floor area method are then averaged by taking 50% of each method.
General valuation – a value is estimated for each typical unit. This valuation is on an individual market basis, ignoring collective sale potential, floor level, facing etc.. The valuation of each typical type of unit would vary according to the floor area of each unit on the basis that the larger the unit, the lower the value per square foot. The apportionment for each unit would then be in proportion to that unit’s value in relation to the total value for the whole development.
The combination of general valuation and share value Method – a value is estimated for a typical unit of each type as in (c), and the total value is computed. This total value is then deducted from the sale price, and the balance is distributed to each unit according to each unit’s share value as a proportion of the total share value for the development.Which method to use depends on Sales Committee.

carbuncle
06-09-12, 11:44
I am tempted to say No is the answer. Otherwise nobody will wanna enbloc....

Valuation process, by itself, is a professional assessment conducted by trained pros. Normally, the facing, condition, renovation, upkeep etc all taken into consideration. However for enbloc, since gonna tear down, probably the floor and facing only ba??

carbuncle
06-09-12, 11:46
wa if only based on share value, then if buying for enbloc potential, no need to care about floor, facing, condition at all liao hor... unless intending to rent out while waiting enbloc.

Vincegoh
06-09-12, 12:13
so which property u aiming to buy..;)

no $$ lah.. juz a random question that popped into my head... :o

radha08
06-09-12, 14:51
no $$ lah.. juz a random question that popped into my head... :o

ok i also ask a lot of questions but mostly related to my direction...:D..in the property mkt...

Vincegoh
06-09-12, 17:13
thanks everyone for your kind sharing.. very useful information to know. kam siah many many!!

been trying to login earlier to post my thank you but database was down. keeps happening to me. :confused: :beats-me-man:

sean see
10-12-12, 09:24
bro yr hse got enbloc enquires?

leesg123
10-12-12, 11:33
Share values...I think that is all...if the development got mixed sizes, definitely not just be share value. e.g a 4xx sqft shoebox unit has 5 share value, a three bedder 1000 sqft unit has 7 share value. not a fair allocation. if based on share value, enbloc wont go thru cos bigger units wont agree. usually is mixed of share value and floor area.

mkl22
10-12-12, 13:12
most enbloc price calculation is based on the ratio of 70% area and 30% share value.

Facing and Level all not counted. Only Floor area and Share value.

leesg123
10-12-12, 14:46
most enbloc price calculation is based on the ratio of 70% area and 30% share value.

Facing and Level all not counted. Only Floor area and Share value.Yup, this sounds fair.

Reisor
31-12-12, 15:36
Would like to ask expert here the following qn:

1. Is the clubhouse & built-up facilities of a site (not residential PES etc) considered in the GFA of the development?

2. As GFA= GPR x site area + other green allowance,
- under what conditions will the Masterplan change the GPR? :cheers4: anyone has any old news or experience to share?
- understand that URA can amend GPR easily for GLS (esp those Near MRT) but it does not seems to benefit their pocket if the site is already Pte strata owned, FH or LH. So how can those pte owned strata site increase its GFA if they are not developers themselves. Come next qn.

3. If developer is sharp ( obviously) and buy over an enbloc at face value GPR and then apply for higher GFA and approved, they will be laughing all the way to the bank again (GPR from 1.4 to 2.1 is 50% more built-up). Consumer lose because they do not have the know how to bargain-akin to olden days developer makan peasant's land by depriving river water and then bought over at dirt cheap price.

4. Can anyone share any potential pte development which may fall under this category? Have seen that sites near MRT of Pasir Panjang, Bartley, Serangoon, Potong Pasir, Woodleigh have the potential to be enbloc and at still GPR of 1.4.

Thanks in advance to the experts here.

PES,roof terrace, pation are area you paid for and this will be included in your GFA.
View and high storey not counted.

I think in the market there is some standard equation based on GFA and share value. Cant really remember.

mkl22
31-12-12, 16:10
Some time do not just look at plot ratio. Some places might have height restrictions. So even if plot ratio is high, developer also cannot build high. So this limits the total units for sale, hence enbloc price.

One example are those units at geylang. I doubt some of them even maximizes the plot ratio. Not 100% sure but that seems to be the case the last time I checked.

sh
31-12-12, 16:44
Would like to ask expert here the following qn:

1. Is the clubhouse & built-up facilities of a site (not residential PES etc) considered in the GFA of the development?

2. As GFA= GPR x site area + other green allowance,
- under what conditions will the Masterplan change the GPR? :cheers4: anyone has any old news or experience to share?
- understand that URA can amend GPR easily for GLS (esp those Near MRT) but it does not seems to benefit their pocket if the site is already Pte strata owned, FH or LH. So how can those pte owned strata site increase its GFA if they are not developers themselves. Come next qn.

3. If developer is sharp ( obviously) and buy over an enbloc at face value GPR and then apply for higher GFA and approved, they will be laughing all the way to the bank again (GPR from 1.4 to 2.1 is 50% more built-up). Consumer lose because they do not have the know how to bargain-akin to olden days developer makan peasant's land by depriving river water and then bought over at dirt cheap price.

4. Can anyone share any potential pte development which may fall under this category? Have seen that sites near MRT of Pasir Panjang, Bartley, Serangoon, Potong Pasir, Woodleigh have the potential to be enbloc and at still GPR of 1.4.

Thanks in advance to the experts here.

Facilities under roof cover counted as GFA. Open air ones no.

When plot ratio increases, garment still make money from you when the use is intensified. Development charges payable for FH land and differential premium payable for LH lands (including top up)

Any increase in plot ratio would be in the new masterplan, so it's public information.:2cents:

Kanarazu
01-01-13, 07:38
Can I assume all landed are GPR 1.4? Any exception to this that you have come across?

sh
01-01-13, 08:17
Landed is not controlled by plot ratio, it's controlled by setbacks and height + site coverage. Different areas will have different baselines when it comes to DC calculations. Refer to below on DC charges.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/dc/brochure-devtcharge.pdf

It's estates with mixture of landed and apartments that usually have the 1.4 plot ratio. Eg telok kurau. This also usually comes with a 5 stores height restriction for apartments.

There are also those lucky landed estates with a plot ratio increased dramatically, eg butterworth road, where you have high condos surrounding a couple of landed that refuses to sell.