PDA

View Full Version : MM unit Owner!! Is it possible you sleep in the living room and rent out master room?

xtreme_46
12-09-12, 16:00
Let say I buy a MM unit then i out of job cannot find job..u all think is it possible I only rent out the master room with attached bath of my unit and I sleep in the living room? Like that can find tenant or not?

eng81157
12-09-12, 16:04
Let say I buy a MM unit then i out of job cannot find job..u all think is it possible I only rent out the master room with attached bath of my unit and I sleep in the living room? Like that can find tenant or not?

if i'm the tenant, i wouldn't rent. personal preference for privacy

Regulators
12-09-12, 16:16
like that you might as well buy four room hdb flat, rent two rooms and live in one, you get better returns

ikan bilis
12-09-12, 16:26

normally, you should get some standard replies in this forum... if 4-6 blanga staying in your master room, should not have problem finding those tenants but would you rent out at S$1K for that ??... :D

my reply... if you are out of job, do rent yourself a hdb room at ~S$500, and rent out your whole MM at $2-3K... :rolleyes:

carbuncle
12-09-12, 16:29
normally, you should get some standard replies in this forum... if 4-6 blanga staying in your master room, should not have problem finding those tenants but would you rent out at S$1K for that ??... :D

my reply... if you are out of job, do rent yourself a hdb room at ~S$500, and rent out your whole MM at $2-3K... :rolleyes:

VOTE BEST ANSWER :cheers5:

carbuncle
12-09-12, 16:31
If your shoebox has a big HS, can sleep in HS and rent out the all other areas for 2.5k. Throw in housekeeping and meals services.

phantom_opera
12-09-12, 16:39
ikan bilis is right

but one step further, you can camp with Mr B @ Changi Beach or stay on a boat and rent out your MM :tongue3:

leesg123
12-09-12, 16:51
VOTE BEST ANSWER :cheers5:Double vote too :cheers4:

maisonjai
12-09-12, 16:53
Out of job? No worries, can apply for security guard at ur development, get paid to sleep on the job. :sleep: :D

Ringo33
12-09-12, 17:00

if you are a hot babe, then it will be possible.

phantom_opera
12-09-12, 17:19
Out of job? No worries, can apply for security guard at ur development, get paid to sleep on the job. :sleep: :D

You have my vote :cheers5:

radha08
12-09-12, 18:10

since ur nick is xtreme...GO for it..:cheers5:

Rosy
12-09-12, 18:25

From what i know,one cannot rent a hdb room if the person owns a hdb flat. I am not sure whether that applies to private property owner.

ikan bilis
12-09-12, 18:26
not all mm can rent out the master bedroom... :(

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l529/ikan-bilis/LakeFront_1bdr.jpg

ikan bilis
12-09-12, 18:33
From what i know,one cannot rent a hdb room if the person owns a hdb flat. I am not sure whether that applies to private property owner.

the hdb regulation is like this,...
if your tenant owns a hdb flat, he must rent out his whole hdb flat within one month after renting your hdb flat... ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10323p.nsf/w/RentOpenMktRentOutWholeFlat?OpenDocument

Tenancy/Property Ownership Status

Subtenants must not be tenants/owners of other HDB flats except for :

Tenants/owners who are divorced/legally separated

Only one of the divorced/legally separated parties may be a subtenant

Owners who are eligible to sublet their whole HDB flat
They must sublet their own flat within 1 month after having rented a flat from another flat owner

Subtenants must not be owners of Executive Condominium units where the 5-year minimum occupation period has not been met.

Subtenants must not be tourists.

Rosy
12-09-12, 18:48
the hdb regulation is like this,...
if your tenant owns a hdb flat, he must rent out his whole hdb flat within one month after renting your hdb flat... ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10323p.nsf/w/RentOpenMktRentOutWholeFlat?OpenDocument

Subtenants must not be tenants/owners of other HDB flats except for :

Only one of the divorced/legally separated parties may be a subtenant

They must sublet their own flat within 1 month after having rented a flat from another flat owner

Subtenants must not be owners of Executive Condominium units where the 5-year minimum occupation period has not been met.

Subtenants must not be tourists.

They must sublet their own flat within 1 month after having rented a flat from another flat owner-- does it also apply to after having rented a hdb room from another flat owner.

Sorry i am confused. Thanks

carbuncle
12-09-12, 18:53
not all mm can rent out the master bedroom... :(

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l529/ikan-bilis/LakeFront_1bdr.jpg

There's still the kitchen sink.

ikan bilis
12-09-12, 19:00
They must sublet their own flat within 1 month after having rented a flat from another flat owner-- does it also apply to after having rented a hdb room from another flat owner.

Sorry i am confused. Thanks

read the whole section on hdb website, it should be meaning:

" Owners who are eligible to sublet their whole HDB flat
They must sublet their own (HDB) flat within 1 month after having rented a (HDB) flat from another (HDB) flat owner "

~~~~~~~~~~~
and....
- hdb room renting to already HDB owner... does tenant need to rent out his hdb flat ??... Hmm... haha, i dunno, bcoz hdb never say need so...
- and,... haha.... i've whole 5rm hdb flat now rented to a family already own a condo "in legal term", except their condo is yet TOP....

;)

ikan bilis
12-09-12, 19:03
haha... sometimes me really like you !!... :cheers4: :D

(disclaimer: normal "like" only hor,... me still straight type... ;) )

ikan bilis
12-09-12, 19:14
ok, got it here, hdb room renting out....

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10323p.nsf/w/RentOpenMktRentOutRoom?OpenDocument

for hdb room renting,... quite similar, tenants who are already hdb flat owners need to rent out their hdb flat within 1 month after renting other hdb rooms (unless still got some relative left behind)...

a. Subtenants must not be tenants/owners of other HDB flats except for :
- Only one of the divorced/legally separated parties may be a subtenant
- They must sublet their own flat within 1 month after having rented a flat from another flat owner.
- They are not able to sublet their own flat after they move out of their flat as there are other occupiers remaining behind
b. Subtenants must not be owners of Executive Condominium units where the 5-year minimum occupation period has not been met.
c. Subtenants must not be tourists.

carbuncle
12-09-12, 19:33
thanks for your like bro fishy.... if one day I change sex will you consider me?

ikan bilis
12-09-12, 19:39
hmmm.... :rolleyes: .... can consider... but must...

1. show me your picture to prove you are very cute....
2. when we stay together you must not and never touch my kitchen sink!...

:D

carbuncle
12-09-12, 19:49
if I think the Alexis b**** is cute, I guarantee way cuter.

I won't touch your kitchen sink, but I may not resist touching your conducting pipe.

graveyard
12-09-12, 20:13

I won't touch your kitchen sink, but I may not resist touching your conducting pipe.

look at the razor sharp teeth. he bites!

Estella83
12-09-12, 20:44
Can use condo facility to bathe and pee

blackjack21trader
12-09-12, 20:57
hehehehhehehe, psssstttt. I know which direction the MMs will go, and this brother here if you believe me, you should hold your MM unit as long as possible under the current situation. I will reveal to you why.....after 25 Dec 2012. Good Luck.

blackjack21trader
12-09-12, 20:59

WAHLAUEH... I AM THE MOST HANDSOME LAH, no one else in the world and dunno what alex or andy lau can beat me. Even andy says I am more handsome than him hor...dun believe look at my avatar la. WOAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

focus
12-09-12, 21:52
Or go down to the facilities' toilets.

Sleepyhead
12-09-12, 21:56
Wah of you really can than that kind of living... I really salute you!

I used to live in an MM.... I cannot imagine doing what you are suggesting!

carbuncle
12-09-12, 22:03
We don't 'imagine' it. We Just Do It....

carbuncle
12-09-12, 23:14
ya ya bro BJ is the Best Jock