PDA

View Full Version : changing unit type in same u/c development

ethan80
17-09-12, 23:41
hi guys, property under construction, but we already signed snp on a unit - but we also really like another unit in same development (slightly bigger).

is it actually possible to negotiate an "upgrade" with the developer? i suppose there will be some penalties, but anyone have advice?

ysyap
17-09-12, 23:44
Its not just with the developer.... govt is involved too... stamp duty and stuff!!! Hmmm...

Laguna
18-09-12, 00:21
It depends whether u hv signed the S&P.

Kanarazu
18-09-12, 06:42
hi guys, property under construction, but we already signed snp on a unit - but we also really like another unit in same development (slightly bigger).

is it actually possible to negotiate an "upgrade" with the developer? i suppose there will be some penalties, but anyone have advice?

If you have signed OTP still have chance. If you have signed s&p and have a lawyer get their legal advice.

Laguna
18-09-12, 08:48
IF u alr signed the S&P, there is no U-turn.

If u not yet exercise the OTP, then u need to discuss with the developer for the waiver of the 1.25% forfeiture....I had friend managed to do this before.

CondoWE
18-09-12, 08:55
IF u alr signed the S&P, there is no U-turn.

If u not yet exercise the OTP, then u need to discuss with the developer for the waiver of the 1.25% forfeiture....I had friend managed to do this before.

Exercised OTP is still able to nego for upgrade but not S&P :rolleyes: .

Komo
18-09-12, 08:56
buy the bigger unit as well:D

carbuncle
18-09-12, 10:07
wait for someone to buy it and perform a swap? lol

CondoWE
18-09-12, 12:37
wait for someone to buy it and perform a swap? lol
16% SD incur even swap :rolleyes: .