PDA

View Full Version : Mai Gan Cheong.. still got a buffet of condos to be launched

dtrax
04-10-12, 23:47
Yes yes we all know QE3, everyone cashrich.. but do take your time to pick your condo, still got many coming:
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sites/businesstimes.com.sg/files/BT_20120927_PMAP27_179554.pdf

Be sure to keep this guide handy at all times for your new condo purchase till next yr :)

phantom_opera
05-10-12, 00:08
super kancheong style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5xEZCLWrsU

Pikachu1245
05-10-12, 00:10
Yes yes we all know QE3, everyone cashrich.. but do take your time to pick your condo, still got many coming:
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sites/businesstimes.com.sg/files/BT_20120927_PMAP27_179554.pdf

Be sure to keep this guide handy at all times for your new condo purchase till next yr :)

True. But will the psf be trending upwards? How many times we see/hear comment that one misses the boat and one should buy XXX earlier ?

If want to buy property and/or car, I feel should buy now as QE will result in inflation and further increase in price. Just look at COE/car price and property now ?In future do you think it will come down significantly?

One year later, you can come back to see this page to judge for yourself whether property & car is in uptrend or downtrend........ My :2cents: view.

Kanarazu
05-10-12, 00:15
super kancheong style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5xEZCLWrsU

"Opera Gancheong style"

dtrax
05-10-12, 00:49
True. But will the psf be trending upwards? How many times we see/hear comment that one misses the boat and one should buy XXX earlier ?

If want to buy property and/or car, I feel should buy now as QE will result in inflation and further increase in price. Just look at COE/car price and property now ?In future do you think it will come down significantly?

One year later, you can come back to see this page to judge for yourself whether property & car is in uptrend or downtrend........ My :2cents: view.

moral of the story, never chase psf.. it will be a never ending cycle of psf chasing. It is the chasing of psf, marketing gimmicks that cause one to make rash decisions. Psf trending up now does not mean muz gan cheong hoot one asap. Take ur time to pick, dun get pressurize by agents and yes there are always other choice alternatives. 10 pple fight for 1 choice unit will only make developer laughing to the bank

hyenergix
05-10-12, 03:51
I have finally realized that properties are taking on the new role as a form of currency in this new era of QEs/inflation. The only difference being the "notes" are issued in large denominations of $300k, $400k etc. The trend of rising psf is just an indication of the devaluation of the normal currency. The chasing of psf is a symptom of our consciousness to get out of normal currency.

Allthepies
05-10-12, 07:36
there r so many buffer/CM like 10% buyer stamp duty, seller stamp duty, 60% LTV tat already artificially depress the price. a major crash in price is unlikely unless a major event happes such as Workers Party take over Singapore, War in Singapore, a new epidemic tat wipe out X% of the world population, an earthquake or tsunami in Singapore tat destroyed and killed Y% of residents...

Kanarazu
05-10-12, 07:49
there r so many buffer/CM like 10% buyer stamp duty, seller stamp duty, 60% LTV tat already artificially depress the price. a major crash in price is unlikely unless a major event happes such as Workers Party take over Singapore, War in Singapore, a new epidemic tat wipe out X% of the world population, an earthquake or tsunami in Singapore tat destroyed and killed Y% of residents...

CMs are double edged swords (or should I say jedi light sabers with 360 edges), they entrench and enforce making the market rigid rather than just cooling things down.

DC33_2008
05-10-12, 08:05
What do you.think when land is purchased at higher $psf and rising material and labour costs? Even your plate of chicken rice in a hawker centre has been going up.

kane
05-10-12, 08:30
Buyers need to do some sensitivity analysis before committing. Income, interest rates and rental potential.

ysyap
05-10-12, 08:39
super kancheong style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5xEZCLWrsUDid our PM just commented that he likes this video also... Lol! Don't kan cheong... still got plenty of condos to choose from... :)

Nman
05-10-12, 09:34

I think Condo and Car 2 differn isu, one is property can make income each year(property price may increase if econ good) the other one already confirm depreciate every year. I regret few month ago just bought a car with coe 80K+++, I believed that after 2014 car price may go down.. You can buy now if you really need it , no choice.

chestnut
05-10-12, 09:39
I think Condo and Car 2 differn isu, one is property can make income each year(property price may increase if econ good) the other one already confirm depreciate every year. I regret few month ago just bought a car with coe 80K+++, I believed that after 2014 car price may go down.. You can buy now if you really need it , no choice.

Wah, COE 80K +, I remember in the 90s, i bought a volvo 850 T5, COE was about there as well. After 5 yrs, sold the car and lost 140K. So u must be prepared man.

carbuncle
05-10-12, 09:44
psf wont always keep gog up, even in same projects. some gems can surface occasionally eg the Amber Residences case, last few units really lelong super lower px vs prev sales

carbuncle
05-10-12, 09:46
in any mkt situation, there will always b pple buying due to need rather than want.

4wheels
05-10-12, 09:49
psf wont always keep gog up, even in same projects. some gems can surface occasionally eg the Amber Residences case, last few units really lelong super lower px vs prev sales

Right but definitely those nearest to the developer will get it.

If any of u have such lobang, I will get a unit.:D

chestnut
05-10-12, 09:50
in any mkt situation, there will always b pple buying due to need rather than want.

Yup !!! Many are now buying because of need. Less investors now.

zeamybro
05-10-12, 09:53
psf wont always keep gog up, even in same projects. some gems can surface occasionally eg the Amber Residences case, last few units really lelong super lower px vs prev sales.

The Amber Residences so called "lelong" sale were the Penthouses looking at 6000+sf .... super big manz ... Think they were asking at >$10M initially with similar psf as smaller units.

Anyway i just learnt from developer that there are quite a few households in that project who are relatives of men in whites.

sh
05-10-12, 10:00

The Amber Residences so called "lelong" sale was the Penthouse looking at 6000+sf .... super big manz ...

Anyway i just learnt from developer that there are quite a few households in that project who are relatives of men in whites.

cannot compare per sq foot price of penthouse. Half the area can be useless roof deck or void. if really want to compare, use $ per sq ft GFA.:2cents:

Genesis
05-10-12, 10:11

There are way too many cars in Sg now and LTA's policy is to tighten the numbers going forward, come next Feb will be another COE reduction and price will move up again. No chance of low COE like in 2009 anymore

carbuncle
05-10-12, 10:15
Miw and Wiw have penchant for D15 katong

buttercarp
05-10-12, 10:44
There are way too many cars in Sg now and LTA's policy is to tighten the numbers going forward, come next Feb will be another COE reduction and price will move up again. No chance of low COE like in 2009 anymore

No wonder yowetan wanna become taxi driver.

proper-t
05-10-12, 10:49

Thought they only buy landed...;)

radha08
05-10-12, 11:07

...or mr B become housing minister...:D:D:D:D

radha08
05-10-12, 11:08

cos miw wiw know about upcoming ERL

proper-t
05-10-12, 11:19
How not to be gancheong....tot. pop grow by 2.5% and singapore citizen grow by 28K per yr ?

S'pore's population increases to 5.31 million

By Melissa Law (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/author/melissa-law-20120615/)
Singapore's total population increased by 2.5 per cent between 2011 and 2012, despite a low birth rate of 1.2 live births per female. (AFP file photo)
Singapore added a little over 128,000 people over the year up to June this year.

In the latest annual Population Trends (http://www.singstat.gov.sg/pubn/popn/population2012.pdf) publication by the Singapore Department of Statistics (http://www.singstat.gov.sg/), the country’s total population reached 5.31 million at end-June, 2.5 per cent more than the figure a year ago.

The number of Singapore citizens grew by close to 28,000 to 3.29 million over the one-year period.

That of permanent residents (PRs) was up by a little over 1,000 to 533,100 over the period. This was a minimal increase versus the 1.7 per cent contraction the year before.

cnud
05-10-12, 11:22
How not to be gancheong....

I remember Tharman said 1-2 years ago "for those who need to buy, wait a while...."

Don't understand him.

zeamybro
05-10-12, 11:29
Thought they only buy landed...;)

Some of the 3-storeys PHs comprise 2 level of built-in areas (living + bedrooms) with a 3rd level of roof terrace that comes with a private swimming pool, over-seeing the sea .... Freehold some more with condo facilities, so mabbe there are folks who prefer these.

proper-t
05-10-12, 12:01
I remember Tharman said 1-2 years ago "for those who need to buy, wait a while...."

Don't understand him.

He Finance minister mah....1 to 2 yrs ago, haven't implemented ABSD etc...

You buy later , got ABSD, SSD etc all go to IRAS, his ministry become top earner now !!! KPIs all exceeded !!!:D

Kanarazu
05-10-12, 12:14
mai gan cheong = 買跟沖!

radha08
05-10-12, 12:40

Don't understand him.

if you play shares you will know when anal-list ask you to buy its time to sell
and when ask you to sell its time to buy...they also human being got mouth to feed....:mad:

carbuncle
05-10-12, 14:18
bro kana more n more.handsome by the day... like

zeamybro
05-10-12, 14:27
bro kana more n more.handsome by the day... like

wah u divert yr attn from price to kanarazu already ah?

Think kanarazu must be some scholar or genius.. not only well versed in chinese/english but also experts in numbers and calculations

minority
05-10-12, 15:24
How not to be gancheong....tot. pop grow by 2.5% and singapore citizen grow by 28K per yr ?

quick go back tonight and cheong in bed more!!!! help increase local population!

minority
05-10-12, 15:25
Wah, COE 80K +, I remember in the 90s, i bought a volvo 850 T5, COE was about there as well. After 5 yrs, sold the car and lost 140K. So u must be prepared man.

90s 80K and not 80K different leh...

chestnut
05-10-12, 15:27
90s 80K and not 80K different leh...

Huh:confused:

Sorry, your england bery powderful.

phantom_opera
05-10-12, 15:40
80k in 90's is 200k worth of purchasing power today !!!

carbuncle
05-10-12, 15:43
price is young n cute

kanarazu is smart and witty

both iDesire

radha08
06-10-12, 21:50

longer u wait the more cm there is...:doh:

kane
06-10-12, 22:33
this buffet of launches nice to see but wonder how many people can afford to "eat".

DC33_2008
06-10-12, 22:38
Beware. Can get indigestion.:beats-me-man:
this buffet of launches nice to see but wonder how many people can afford to "eat".

propertychap
06-10-12, 22:38
waiting for the mixed development at Bukit panjang. Will be hot

Pikachu1245
06-10-12, 23:40

For some(especially middle age and limited budget) who heed the above advice to take one's own sweet time (i.e. mai gan jiong), see what happen? More 'dark force (CM)' came and may be coming back again to stop you.....

May the Jedi force(courage to buy (including ability to afford and hold too lah)) be with you. Be warned lol