PDA

View Full Version : Condodemic! What will you boys n girls do now??

dtrax
06-10-12, 12:59
Just a quick poll to see how fellow members here will act from here

carbuncle
06-10-12, 15:55
I knew from "boys and gals" that dtrax started this thread,,, lol

carbuncle
06-10-12, 15:57
nothing I need to do, status quo, out of mkt for a long time liao

happily watching all the action frm the sidelines

dtrax
06-10-12, 16:25
Seems like we are still cashrich afterall based on this small sample size. >50% still looking to get one either for themselves or their chewren in case priced out of market

dtrax
06-10-12, 16:27
nothing I need to do, status quo, out of mkt for a long time liao

happily watching all the action frm the sidelines

kekeke...Happy with all your MMs happily collecting rents?

carbuncle
06-10-12, 17:05
kekeke...Happy with all your MMs happily collecting rents?

not that, bullets bo liao, else MM NO ENOUGH

maisonjai
06-10-12, 17:06
Don't give away the sentiments to developers leh.

gilaone
07-10-12, 10:09
No longer enough for property buy anymore after all these CMs. Was hoping on re-finance but now no longer feasible. Have to wait till the CMs are removed. Do not know how long to wait. Now holding cash and if anything correct by 10% (shares, gold, Rolex) will cheong to buy. Property no chance until CMs removed :beats-me-man:

phantom_opera
07-10-12, 11:09
our TCSS group is no match from mainland Chinese carry suite cases of cash ... Singapore properties are better than gold for them :scared-1:

andy
07-10-12, 19:22
anyone think is a good idea to sell and then buy with only 1 loan?

PN
07-10-12, 19:43
Why don't have the option "No 50% drop, No buy" ? :D

dtrax
08-10-12, 00:51
Why don't have the option "No 50% drop, No buy" ? :D

Looking to buy. Will wait and enter if prices drop - No time limit, juz like QE3 infinity

Regulators
08-10-12, 01:59
property is not the only thing you guys can invest, you can try alternative investments like fine arts. Paintings by renowned artists never drop in price.

latour
08-10-12, 09:15
No buying for me since after previous CM in Dec'11, had been monitoring at the sideline. With this new one, have to wait and see for a while more. In the meantime, like some of you said, holding-on and not-selling.

chestnut
08-10-12, 10:48
No buying for me since after previous CM in Dec'11, had been monitoring at the sideline. With this new one, have to wait and see for a while more. In the meantime, like some of you said, holding-on and not-selling.

Can tell u very conservative. Risk averse. Good for u. Just don't look back and regret. That is my moto.

minority
08-10-12, 18:30
Go buy London prop. Buy gold. Buy equity. Overseas. ?..

chestnut
08-10-12, 20:33
Go buy London prop. Buy gold. Buy equity. Overseas. ?..

Bro, I enter Australia prop. Will top in 2014/5. Must try for diversification. Wah, the work involved damn jialat. When top lagi tough. Tax very unfavorable, have capital gain tax. Agent fee structure also diff. Need to get accountant to do taxation. Must also get tax file in Australia. Must keep all record of expenses and account will file it according to tax gain or tax deduction.

But really learn a lot.

My unit right at cbd. Near Victoria market - Melbourne.

gilaone
08-10-12, 23:52
Bro, I enter Australia prop. Will top in 2014/5. Must try for diversification. Wah, the work involved damn jialat. When top lagi tough. Tax very unfavorable, have capital gain tax. Agent fee structure also diff. Need to get accountant to do taxation. Must also get tax file in Australia. Must keep all record of expenses and account will file it according to tax gain or tax deduction.

But really learn a lot.

I read that foreigner can only buy from developer. And when you sell, you can only sell to Australian. Are you aware of this?

chestnut
09-10-12, 00:03
I read that foreigner can only buy from developer. And when you sell, you can only sell to Australian. Are you aware of this?

Yup. They don't want foreigners to stir up the market too much. This venture is for me to test test overseas market. Once got the hang, then go further out. So this is for play play. Worse come to worse, sell at lost lor.

Bot Fulton Ln.

DC33_2008
09-10-12, 09:14
You may want to consider those overlooking Brisbane river in you are getting another one. ;)

But really learn a lot.

minority
10-10-12, 09:30

But really learn a lot.

Yeah aussie prop is like that. US too.. Mainatnce is high. I m looking at London. So far more favourable of the lot..

supermax
10-10-12, 15:10
Yup. They don't want foreigners to stir up the market too much. This venture is for me to test test overseas market. Once got the hang, then go further out. So this is for play play. Worse come to worse, sell at lost lor.

Bot Fulton Ln.

I bought tower 1 from SP Setia.Yours is tower 1 or 2?That location cant go wrong,i am buying for own stay,as speculation not easy for aussie ppty as capital gain tax can kill u.However good CBD location is very much cheaper than in SG.

minority
10-10-12, 16:06
why not London?

leesg123
10-10-12, 16:10
why not London?I am into KLCC already since early this year.

chestnut
10-10-12, 16:25
I bought tower 1 from SP Setia.Yours is tower 1 or 2?That location cant go wrong,i am buying for own stay,as speculation not easy for aussie ppty as capital gain tax can kill u.However good CBD location is very much cheaper than in SG.

The newer block. Should be tower 2. 38 floor if I not mistaken. Bot this for fun. Capital gain tax is on 50% profit.

Was there in June to look see,look see.

If u stay there a couple of yrs, and show prove, then I think can escape capital gain tax. If u stay there, I believe to work, better get good accountant for tax purposes. Most are Malaysians.:;)

chestnut
10-10-12, 16:27
I am into KLCC already since early this year.

Was looking at pavilion residence . Still thinking.

chestnut
10-10-12, 16:29
why not London?

Bro, when u go in, let me know the details on that. I spreading out.

leesg123
10-10-12, 21:41
Was looking at pavilion residence . Still thinking.
Pavillion no good buy. 99yrs. Better buy:

1. Hampshire Residences
2. Panorama

Those two in hampshire vicinity superb atas feel, away from the hustle bustle yet few mins walk to klcc lrt which link direct to kl sentral which link direct to sg via train or link direct via erl to klia!

some other not bad ones are those at Jln Kia Peng there.

chestnut
11-10-12, 07:33

1. Hampshire Residences
2. Panorama

Those two in hampshire vicinity superb atas feel, away from the hustle bustle yet few mins walk to klcc lrt which link direct to kl sentral which link direct to sg via train or link direct via erl to klia!

Ok. Next week will be in KL, will go look see look see. I very old school, right from beginning when I go kl for biz trip, only know 3 key spot - PJ, Bangsar, KL. hahaha.

What is the expected gross rental yield? The rest on taxes, etc... I will check. Actually, if buy KL, for me very easy, my biz associate in KL will take care of the project for me swee swee.

According to him, he flipped a few units (landed) at puchong within a few month and made quite decent money.

;)

leesg123
11-10-12, 07:42
Ok. Next week will be in KL, will go look see look see. I very old school, right from beginning when I go kl for biz trip, only know 3 key spot - PJ, Bangsar, KL. hahaha.

What is the expected gross rental yield? The rest on taxes, etc... I will check. Actually, if buy KL, for me very easy, my biz associate in KL will take care of the project for me swee swee.

According to him, he flipped a few units (landed) at puchong within a few month and made quite decent money.

;)Wah your ah long biz spread till KL sia!:tongue3:
Gross yield is about 4.x% onwards

chestnut
11-10-12, 08:05
Wah your ah long biz spread till KL sia!:tongue3:
Gross yield is about 4.x% onwards

Bro, please don't say anymore, I very scared. I tell u, I receive a voicemail that goes like this. "dear mr *****, we are calling from the central mata station, we seek you assistance in an investigation. Kindly return call to 999 upon hearing this message".

Wa lau, tiok tua. I goin Malaysia to siam. I think I know who sabo me. I now engaging a pool of computer forensic team to track this person/s. lim peh buy kia. Fight all the way!!!!

Btw, the interest on loan for Malaysia quite high, you took in Singapore or Malaysia? In sing or ringgit? I doing survey... I find loan to individual small sum cannot make me rich. One to whack, must go big and wide. So looking at ah long home loan advantage. With loan, you get mortgage protector, personal acc of up to 1 mil, free furniture voucher and on top of that, the big saver when u get the loan. You ready? FREE LEGAL SUBSIDY amounting to Tens of Thousands.
Opening liao... This one big market. Somemore, if what one of the forummers say about employees in bank cannot get 90% loan, I HUAT.

If u don't hear from me for awhile, please do a say a little pray for this bro. Ok?

Sleepyhead
11-10-12, 08:16
Bro, please don't say anymore, I very scared. I tell u, I receive a voicemail that goes like this. "dear mr *****, we are calling from the central mata station, we seek you assistance in an investigation. Kindly return call to 999 upon hearing this message".

I cannot tell whether you are serious or joking.. Butif that was real, please don't call back! My friend got a call just like that.. Called back and long story short he kena scammed our of his entire bank account. Nothing left. Lots of scams out there.. Be careful!

chestnut
11-10-12, 08:26
I cannot tell whether you are serious or joking.. Butif that was real, please don't call back! My friend got a call just like that.. Called back and long story short he kena scammed our of his entire bank account. Nothing left. Lots of scams out there.. Be careful!

Wa, there are nice souls around. Thank you bro for the kind warning!!

Price ask me for amount, then disappear. Maybe the other side paid him more or he look me no up. Either way, fine with me. Here is just tcss.

chestnut
11-10-12, 08:32
Sorri, sorri, retract... Legal subisidy a few thousand. I got mixed up with absd. But if u buy property under your son/daughter, you still can take loan under your kid, no prob, you just need to be the guarantor or joint borrower with your kid. Then like that, your kid can also write the interest off the rental and the rental you also no need to declare income tax. Sooper dooper deal for u. This deal only from my bank hor.

I hope this one will have no whistle blower. If not iras may get upset with this type of people from "evading" tax legally.

supermax
11-10-12, 08:32

1. Hampshire Residences
2. Panorama

Prefer locations between KLCC and Pavilion.Moreover there is a Skywalk in between.

leesg123
11-10-12, 08:38
Prefer locations between KLCC and Pavilion.Moreover there is a Skywalk in between.
That would be Jln Kia Peng area. Anything between klcc and pavilion actually no need use sky walk liao. Skywalk is made for people at pavillion going to klcc and for people at hampshire, klcc walk to pavillion, bt bintang. I also like kia peng area, but i also consider accessibility to their lrt or monorail. Dont like the monorail, 1st, very small and crowded, 2nd the ending at kl sentral is dumb, need to walk sia! With that i prefer props closer to lrt lor, henxe the choice hampshire vicinity. The other side of klcc is too exp.

leesg123
11-10-12, 08:39

Wa lau, tiok tua. I goin Malaysia to siam. I think I know who sabo me. I now engaging a pool of computer forensic team to track this person/s. lim peh buy kia. Fight all the way!!!!

Btw, the interest on loan for Malaysia quite high, you took in Singapore or Malaysia? In sing or ringgit? I doing survey... I find loan to individual small sum cannot make me rich. One to whack, must go big and wide. So looking at ah long home loan advantage. With loan, you get mortgage protector, personal acc of up to 1 mil, free furniture voucher and on top of that, the big saver when u get the loan. You ready? FREE LEGAL SUBSIDY amounting to Tens of Thousands.
Opening liao... This one big market. Somemore, if what one of the forummers say about employees in bank cannot get 90% loan, I HUAT.

If u don't hear from me for awhile, please do a say a little pray for this bro. Ok?
Better take loan in Ringgit, cos s$ will appreciate against RM. The appreciation can cover most of the interest rate.

DC33_2008
11-10-12, 08:49
Got to be careful to with malaysian property investment as I know even established one like .. darby also had empty promises. :beats-me-man:

1. Hampshire Residences
2. Panorama

supermax
11-10-12, 08:50
That would be Jln Kia Peng area. Anything between klcc and pavilion actually no need use sky walk liao. Skywalk is made for people at pavillion going to klcc and for people at hampshire, klcc walk to pavillion, bt bintang. I also like kia peng area, but i also consider accessibility to their lrt or monorail. Dont like the monorail, 1st, very small and crowded, 2nd the ending at kl sentral is dumb, need to walk sia! With that i prefer props closer to lrt lor, henxe the choice hampshire vicinity. The other side of klcc is too exp.

Well skywalk is air-conditioned.It is meant for touruist,u know how hot is afternoon weather.Hampshire side is on the opposite side of KLCC.KLCC side is full of convenience with all major banks, malls, eateries,transport amenties and is nearer to Bukit Bintang shopping area.The recent launched free shuttle bas plying KLCC, Bukit Bintang,and China Town started in Sept this year.

chestnut
11-10-12, 08:54
Better take loan in Ringgit, cos s$ will appreciate against RM. The appreciation can cover most of the interest rate.

This strategy correct. But for repayment in sing vs ringgit, any interest diff?

For my Aus loan, if I borrow in Singapore, interest rate a lot lower then if I borrow in Aus dollar. I took loan for Aus, because I want write off tax on the interest. If I pay full, I save on interest but the tax on income there is not friendly at all.

leesg123
11-10-12, 09:05
This strategy correct. But for repayment in sing vs ringgit, any interest diff?

For my Aus loan, if I borrow in Singapore, interest rate a lot lower then if I borrow in Aus dollar. I took loan for Aus, because I want write off tax on the interest. If I pay full, I save on interest but the tax on income there is not friendly at all.
Take loan with msia bank, repayment in ringgit. Transfer over via money changer v cheap and best exchange rate. say every quarter transfer over.

leesg123
11-10-12, 09:06
Well skywalk is air-conditioned.It is meant for touruist,u know how hot is afternoon weather.Hampshire side is on the opposite side of KLCC.KLCC side is full of convenience with all major banks, malls, eateries,transport amenties and is nearer to Bukit Bintang shopping area.The recent launched free shuttle bas plying KLCC, Bukit Bintang,and China Town started in Sept this year.
Wow thks for the update on the shutle service! Btw, do u know why K Avenue so empty one ah?

chestnut
11-10-12, 09:13
Take loan with msia bank, repayment in ringgit. Transfer over via money changer v cheap and best exchange rate. say every quarter transfer over.

I understand this part. If u use citi, transfer global FOC. And certain amount pref rate.

Did u explore loan from Singapore peg to sing dollar compare interest rate? Then base on diff in interest rate. Work out some and see how much savings on interest and see if worth it.

For me, if in Aus repayment, inter @ 7, if in sing about 3+.

Unless u Malaysian, then maybe tricky.

leesg123
11-10-12, 10:46
I understand this part. If u use citi, transfer global FOC. And certain amount pref rate.

Did u explore loan from Singapore peg to sing dollar compare interest rate? Then base on diff in interest rate. Work out some and see how much savings on interest and see if worth it.

For me, if in Aus repayment, inter @ 7, if in sing about 3+.

Unless u Malaysian, then maybe tricky.
Another reason for not loaning from singapore is i want to have enuff capacity left to loan for sg properties. I limited $$$ uncle chestnut, not like u big big business :p

chestnut
11-10-12, 11:49
Another reason for not loaning from singapore is i want to have enuff capacity left to loan for sg properties. I limited $$$ uncle chestnut, not like u big big business :p

I small fry la. I learning along the way. U serious, so I have serious conversation w u. I am now looking beyond our shores. It has to do with diversification.

Learning along the way. New rope. As for Singapore props, when agents meet me, they faint. I tell them things they don't even know about and tell them no need to sell me. If I like, I buy, if not, no. So simple, so they don't haunt me. But I am really an investor, not a speculator.

I am not a biz owner. I am a worker.

hopeful
11-10-12, 12:41

i dont quite understand the statements.

what has S$ appreciate against RM has anything to do with mortgage repayment? Since rental in RM is supposed to cover the mortgage repayment.

if S$ appreciate, then my net cash flow in S$ will be smaller. Since I am staying in Singapore and spending S$, then S$ appreciation is bad for my passive income.

supermax
11-10-12, 18:28
Wow thks for the update on the shutle service! Btw, do u know why K Avenue so empty one ah?

In Malaysia,developer reputation comes first before location when comes to buying property.A lot of ppty with good location but with bad management will not attract good tenants.K Avenue is one of them.Imagine its just opposite KLCC.