PDA

View Full Version : New CM = Mai Tu Liao

Ringo33
08-10-12, 15:39
After talking for a few people about this, I think this new cooling measure might create some panic buying in the short term because potential buyers might be forced to rush in to take up mortgage loan because of their age.

nav14
08-10-12, 15:45
After talking for a few people about this, I think this new cooling measure might create some panic buying in the short term because potential buyers might be forced to rush in to take up mortgage loan because of their age.
They may rush in in fear of more CMs but not because of their advancing age. Afterall, a year later not going to make much difference in loan installments. But i am sure resale transactions will decline and prices may go up simply because of the reduced supply.

flxcat
08-10-12, 15:54
They may rush in in fear of more CMs but not because of their advancing age. Afterall, a year later not going to make much difference in loan installments. But i am sure resale transactions will decline and prices may go up simply because of the reduced supply.

Agreed regarding 1 year will not make much difference.

However, could be panic sellers lower price as less buyers can buy.

Ringo33
08-10-12, 16:05

Its very hard to say. Those who have already own property, will not sell because they are unable to get 35 years financing due to their age, unless they got a good offer.

Also for someone in their 40s or 50s, who is looking for investment property, 1 or 2 years difference is going to cost them a few hundred dollar difference.

Assuming a 50 years old looking to take up a $1m loan for 15 years. the difference between 14 and 15 years loan at 1.2% is around $500 per month difference. For someone looking for passive income, or cash flow $500 could mean positive or negative cash flow.

Amber Woods
08-10-12, 16:34
The headlines below might restrain people from buying now.

Heard many companies are not renewing their contract staff or retrenching them. Many manufacturing plants are operating lesser days. This CM is to deter the older investors from their planned purchases in case the economy get worst which is a likely case.

Published October 08, 2012

Singapore likely in recession on expected Q3 GDP drop

print (http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/print/259036) |email (http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/printmail/259036) this article

SINGAPORE - Singapore's economy probably contracted further in the third quarter because of poor demand for its manufacturing exports, tipping the island into a recession and reinforcing expectations of policy easing by the central bank at its meeting next Friday.
Gross domestic product likely shrank by 1.8 per cent in July-September, worsening from the 0.7 per cent quarter-on-quarter seasonally adjusted and annualised drop in April-June, according to a median estimate of 12 economists polled by Reuters.
From a year ago, the economy probably grew by 1.0 per cent, slower than the second quarter's 2.0 per cent expansion, reflecting the impact of the slowdown in the big export markets of Europe, United States and China on the trade-reliant city-state.
Advance estimates for third quarter gross domestic product will be released at 8:00 am local time (0000 GMT) on Friday, at the same time the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) issues its half-year monetary policy statement.

avo7007
08-10-12, 16:43
A slowing economy might be the best CM.:)

auroraborealis
08-10-12, 16:56
depends... slowing economy with higher inflation or lower inflation

if higher... property px & rental shld go up in tandem
if lower... mayb cooling

Ringo33
08-10-12, 17:23
depends... slowing economy with higher inflation or lower inflation

if higher... property px & rental shld go up in tandem
if lower... mayb cooling

when you invest in a property in Singapore you will need to have a long term view because of the SSD and ABSD. So those seasoned investor will not let all these "noise" on GDP to affect your long term plan.

What you need to do however is to ensure that your investment property can generate a good enough yield so that it can buffer the shock if economy go south. having said that, I always tell people that, dont ever believe what the agent tell you about rental yield for BUC project. If you want rental yield, buy completed project.

phantom_opera
08-10-12, 17:30
brothers and sisters ... everybody heard of cry wolf story ... first time CM ... everybody very kancheong (including me), 2nd CM people still take it seriously, 3rd time everybody start to yawn, this time ...the effect may be over in just 1 week

but for sure those 40+ and still thinking hard, time is running out, so super kancheong style buying may just happen ... and MAS botak may start to scratch his head :p

kane
08-10-12, 17:35
there's a term for no growth with inflation. it's called stagflation.

Allthepies
08-10-12, 17:40
Does this apply to a country which import most of her resources. The world is growing but this poor country is not growing which leads to stagflation. ??

Ringo33
08-10-12, 17:40

Singapore or asia no chance for stagflation lah. It is either deep recession or soft landing. If asia go into stagflation, US and Europe will be depression liao

kane
08-10-12, 17:53
whatever the permutations, it is painful to be in a rising price environment with no income growth.

Secretariat
08-10-12, 18:00
brothers and sisters ... everybody heard of cry wolf story ... first time CM ... everybody very kancheong (including me), 2nd CM people still take it seriously, 3rd time everybody start to yawn, this time ...the effect may be over in just 1 week

but for sure those 40+ and still thinking hard, time is running out, so super kancheong style buying may just happen ... and MAS botak may start to scratch his head :p

Scratch until it bleeds :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

radha08
08-10-12, 18:02
Scratch until it bleeds :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

bro u 50 years old ahh...wanted to buy ahhh...:D

Secretariat
08-10-12, 18:05
bro u 50 years old ahh...wanted to buy ahhh...:D

Sell when the time comes...

Long way leh...:sleep:

minority
08-10-12, 18:21
Its very hard to say. Those who have already own property, will not sell because they are unable to get 35 years financing due to their age, unless they got a good offer.

Also for someone in their 40s or 50s, who is looking for investment property, 1 or 2 years difference is going to cost them a few hundred dollar difference.

Assuming a 50 years old looking to take up a $1m loan for 15 years. the difference between 14 and 15 years loan at 1.2% is around $500 per month difference. For someone looking for passive income, or cash flow $500 could mean positive or negative cash flow.

Ur assumption is 1.2% forever in event int go to 3% or 4% in next 15 yrs the guy have to factor that.

phantom_opera
08-10-12, 18:24
Ur assumption is 1.2% forever in event int go to 3% or 4% in next 15 yrs the guy have to factor that.

don't worry .... as long as he is around ...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8310/8061873160_f06dcda640_b.jpg

Secretariat
08-10-12, 18:29

Should be in white...The White Swan :cheers3:

Ringo33
08-10-12, 18:32

if its 3 to 4%, it will only make more sense for them to buy now.

maisonjai
08-10-12, 20:15

+ Like
His eyes rolled over "The World is Fiat" further right "The World is also Fiak" hahaha.

wind30
08-10-12, 20:29

I don't understand your logic.... if you are 50 years old, there is more chance that the new CM will stop you from buying. Before this CM, your plans are probably like 20/25 year loans. Now all of a sudden it is 15 year loans. The net effect for 50 plus people is definitely less buyers because it effectively removed a lot of potential old buyers

phantom_opera
08-10-12, 20:33
This Dr Ng who bought 2 units @ The Hillier for children must be laughing now

Ringo33
09-10-12, 00:38
I don't understand your logic.... if you are 50 years old, there is more chance that the new CM will stop you from buying. Before this CM, your plans are probably like 20/25 year loans. Now all of a sudden it is 15 year loans. The net effect for 50 plus people is definitely less buyers because it effectively removed a lot of potential old buyers

to be honest, I am not exactly sure what you are saying. Can you please elaborate in simple english.

Rysk
09-10-12, 10:39
The headlines below might restrain people from buying now.

Heard many companies are not renewing their contract staff or retrenching them. Many manufacturing plants are operating lesser days. This CM is to deter the older investors from their planned purchases in case the economy get worst which is a likely case.

Published October 08, 2012

Singapore likely in recession on expected Q3 GDP drop

You are too late..

Thousands of headlines in SUPER BIG RED FONT by MR B.. from 2008 over at sghouse.. till now 2012 at condosg..

"Restrain people from buying" when Luxus Hills 1.6-mio.. "Restrain" till now Luxus Hills 2.9-mio.. still "Restraining" :D

Secretariat
09-10-12, 11:00
You are too late..

Thousands of headlines in SUPER BIG RED FONT by MR B.. from 2008 over at sghouse.. till now 2012 at condosg..

"Restrain people from buying" when Luxus Hills 1.6-mio.. "Restrain" till now Luxus Hills 2.9-mio.. still "Restraining" :D

It is not about price, but cost of funding and returns.

Who is Mr B? :D

Rysk
09-10-12, 11:23
It is not about price, but cost of funding and returns.

Who is Mr B? :D

Super long long story.. provide you have time to read :D
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=12285

roly8
09-10-12, 11:28

i think this is what gonna happen...

anyway, buy within your reach..
don't let greed makan you :D

Secretariat
09-10-12, 11:33
i think this is what gonna happen...

anyway, buy within your reach..
don't let greed makan you :D

Hold all your houses (horses) until you see inflationary pressure in US...:cheers1:

kane
09-10-12, 22:42
Hold all your houses (horses) until you see inflationary pressure in US...:cheers1:

then what's your game plan?

Secretariat
10-10-12, 05:49
then what's your game plan?

Game plan is to stay long and sit, as previously stated.

With no mortgage and renting? Then he is shorting the housing rally la...

Werther
10-10-12, 10:34
Game plan is to stay long and sit, as previously stated.

With no mortgage and renting? Then he is shorting the housing rally la...

Hello secretariat

So buy or hold my horses now and wait?

:doh:

Secretariat
10-10-12, 11:12
Hello secretariat

So buy or hold my horses now and wait?

:doh:

Hello Werther,

You are renting? Buy la...those private not public though. :D

Werther
10-10-12, 13:35