PDA

View Full Version : Got a feeling Next CM will be from HDB...

radha08
09-10-12, 22:55
Hmmm...so far HDB has been quite i got a feeling they will come out some pattern...:cool:

Maybe restrict dual ownership of hdb and private...no more renting hdb flats...dunno le....nowadays look like got so many obstacles to buying property...:cool:

slepland
09-10-12, 23:18
Price will collapse if so. Any new rules will be calibrated.

mantrix
09-10-12, 23:21
i think it will be for industrial instead

price
09-10-12, 23:24
remember KBW say they gonna do something about singles and HDB? soon :D

radha08
09-10-12, 23:27

u single...:D

Sleepyhead
09-10-12, 23:29
Already tightened right?

Nowadays not so easy to rent out anymore... I personally know 3 people who bought and then got posted overseas still within MOP.. Last time they could just apply for permission to rent out.. Now cannot anymore... HDB would rather you keep it vacant! :doh:

radha08
09-10-12, 23:30
Already tightened right?

Nowadays not so easy to rent out anymore... I personally know 3 people who bought and then got posted overseas still within MOP.. Last time they could just apply for permission to rent out.. Now cannot anymore... HDB would rather you keep it vacant! :doh:

i thought CONFIRMEd if go overseas can rent out..go see MP la...bang table:)

kane
09-10-12, 23:32
doing something for singles could create more demand for HDB and thereby causing prices to inch higher.

price
09-10-12, 23:42
doing something for singles could create more demand for HDB and thereby causing prices to inch higher.
Wrong... more singles buy HDB private property will drop especially MMs

Sleepyhead
09-10-12, 23:48
i thought CONFIRMEd if go overseas can rent out..go see MP la...bang table:)

First couple: posted to US after 2 yrs of buying resale HdB... Allowed to rent out 2 years. Now the 2 years is up.. HDB say not likely to renew... And so the couple submitting appeal.. Some more the tenant is heavily pregnant and wants to stay on.

Second couple: bought BTO then one year later posted to Taiwan.. Rented out with permission for two years. After that HDB say cannot renew... After much appealing and table banging... The couple got the parents to move into their BTO, and then rent out the parents' HDB instead!

Third couple: bought BTO, then posted to US, rented out 3 years with permission. After that cannot renew.. So now just vacant.

radha08
09-10-12, 23:57
First couple: posted to US after 2 yrs of buying resale HdB... Allowed to rent out 2 years. Now the 2 years is up.. HDB say not likely to renew... And so the couple submitting appeal.. Some more the tenant is heavily pregnant and wants to stay on.

Second couple: bought BTO then one year later posted to Taiwan.. Rented out with permission for two years. After that HDB say cannot renew... After much appealing and table banging... The couple got the parents to move into their BTO, and then rent out the parents' HDB instead!

Third couple: bought BTO, then posted to US, rented out 3 years with permission. After that cannot renew.. So now just vacant.

oh ok now i understand...they cannot get renewal..hmm...nowadays not easy hdb also tightening...:cool:

new2mondrian
10-10-12, 00:10
Hmmm...so far HDB has been quite i got a feeling they will come out some pattern...:cool:

Maybe restrict dual ownership of hdb and private...no more renting hdb flats...dunno le....nowadays look like got so many obstacles to buying property...:cool:

Dual ownership issue already tightened last year.

HDB rental tightening is unlikely, given the ageing tsunami caused by the post war baby boomers. Govt in fact prefers that these people monetise their largest asset, ie HDB, in any way possible (eg sale and lease back, rental income, moving to studios) so that these folks could remain self sufficient.

kane
10-10-12, 00:23
have the owners fulfilled their mop in each of these cases?

Arcachon
10-10-12, 00:50
have the owners fulfilled their mop in each of these cases?

Look like no.

minority
10-10-12, 01:01

Buyers will shot on sight. CM 10

Secretariat
10-10-12, 06:05
Anyone got the statistic of the number of units HDB housing by age group?

Like:

40 to 50-years old = how many units
30 to 40-years old = ? units
:
:

TIA!

CondoInterested
10-10-12, 06:24
Old retired Singaporean still staying in the HDB, rent out their other room / rooms to get income for living in this high inflation country also cannot meh?

People who suggest stop hdb rental no brain is ok, but whoever decide that this should happen, then they better be prepare to FO after next election.

Sleepyhead
10-10-12, 07:29
Tightening so far is only for those still within MOP. After MOP you can do whatever.... No restrictions as yet... Apart from the latest CM which govern financing indirectly affecting HdB owners hoping to upgrade/invest in PC.

Oh ya.. Don't Forget the measures for PR owners wanting to let out fully MoP'd HDB? Nowadays also cannot liau.... Anyone got numbers to who the impact of that?

buttercarp
10-10-12, 08:14
My brother got his new HDB flat and then he moved to Australia.
HDB said he cannot let out his flat within the MOP because he went on his own accord.
If he had been posted there by his company then he can write in to seek permission to let out his flat within the MOP.

irisng
10-10-12, 08:43
Sign... Looks like all in a mess like that. One CM after another CM, no wonder people not scared, they are rushing to buy before another CM might hit them again.

buttercarp
10-10-12, 08:50
Sign... Looks like all in a mess like that. One CM after another CM, no wonder people not scared, they are rushing to buy before another CM might hit them again.

It is a vicious cycle.
I think one of the solutions is to restrict the number of units each foreigner can buy.

phantom_opera
10-10-12, 08:50
Dual ownership issue already tightened last year.

HDB rental tightening is unlikely, given the ageing tsunami caused by the post war baby boomers. Govt in fact prefers that these people monetise their largest asset, ie HDB, in any way possible (eg sale and lease back, rental income, moving to studios) so that these folks could remain self sufficient.
Dilemma isn't it? Garmen must keep supplying tenants

irisng
10-10-12, 08:55
It is a vicious cycle.
I think one of the solutions is to restrict the number of units each foreigner can buy.

Ya, actually PR owning an HDB flat should not be allowed to rent out, meant for their own stay only, why S'poreans also get affected. In that case, there's no difference between foreigners and S'porean liow.

buttercarp
10-10-12, 09:00
Ya, actually PR owning an HDB flat should not be allowed to rent out, meant for their own stay only, why S'poreans also get affected. In that case, there's no difference between foreigners and S'porean liow.

I think you meant no difference between PR and singaporean?
If so, yes I agree with you.
There should be more clear cut distinction in terms of home ownership and letting out of HDB between the 2.

eng81157
10-10-12, 09:03
i would dismiss any future CM as a farce. if HDB can sell a 4-room BTO for $750k, how can the authorities hit property prices when the bar has been raised high by themselves?

kane
10-10-12, 09:08
Isn't it nice, they compress the gap between public and private housing for the people to upgrade.

Secretariat
10-10-12, 09:08
Here are the numbers (from The 2010-11 HDB annual report)

Number of dwelling units built since 1960:

1960-65. 53,777
1966-70. 63,448
1971-75. 110,362
1975-80. 130,981
1981-85. 189,299
1986-90. 119,708
1991-95. 98,994
1996-00. 157,919
2001-05. 55,135
2006-10. 26,319

Total. 901,971

Of these, about 50,000 owned by PRs.

eng81157
10-10-12, 09:13
Isn't it nice, they compress the gap between public and private housing for the people to upgrade.

why would the gap be compressed? if resale 4r flat costs $1m, how much would a LH 3BR condo resale unit, in the vicinity, go for?

$1.2m - i think not.
$1.5m - not enticing for me
$1.7m - i may consider the offer

Secretariat
10-10-12, 09:14
So, 117,225 units more than 37 years-old.

Cannot use CPF to buy right?

kane
10-10-12, 09:17
The measures have been hitting the private housing more. Just need to see where are the 3 bed compacts trading at. Around $1m. You may not want to sell at that price and plan to sell at $1.7m but the rest seem to be doing that in the meantime.

eng81157
10-10-12, 09:19
The measures have been hitting the private housing more. Just need to see where are the 3 bed compacts trading at. Around $1m. You may not want to sell at that price and plan to sell at $1.7m but the rest seem to be doing that in the meantime.

that's why i deem it as a farce. HDB prices will always form the base and benchmark of the property market.

would you sell your LH condo for $1m, when a neighbouring HDB is going for $750k?

minority
10-10-12, 09:22

Coz green n kia soo. If not nothing to bet on.. Life will be boring!

nav14
10-10-12, 09:23
that's why i deem it as a farce. HDB prices will always form the base and benchmark of the property market.

would you sell your LH condo for $1m, when a neighbouring HDB is going for $750k?

That is why the govt should aggressively curtail the HDB mkt if they want to control PC prices, apart from high end PC.

eng81157
10-10-12, 09:36
but aren't we all assured that HDB prices are still affordable?

sell BTO for $750k, cap buyers' combined salary at $10k. how many newly-wed couples can afford it? no wonder the age where couples get hitched is getting later and later

buttercarp
10-10-12, 09:44
but aren't we all assured that HDB prices are still affordable?

sell BTO for $750k, cap buyers' combined salary at $10k. how many newly-wed couples can afford it? no wonder the age where couples get hitched is getting later and later

But they can buy cheaper BTO if cannot afford 750k one.

eng81157
10-10-12, 09:56

certainly they can, but that's not the point. $1m resale HDB, $750k BTO flat - whatever CM is being thrown at the property market will be useless

ysyap
10-10-12, 10:00
i thought CONFIRMEd if go overseas can rent out..go see MP la...bang table:)Yup... absolutely senseless to leave HDB vacant! Must tell them GE 2015 is very near le... Lol!!!

ysyap
10-10-12, 10:04
But they can buy cheaper BTO if cannot afford 750k one.BTO must wait 4 years... crowded staying with parents and in laws or out laws... then delay having kids lor... till wife becomes 35 then have 1st child, etc... medical complication rates rise!!! DPM Teo just said our society must have family friendly environment to raise kids. The survey already mentioned that many couples want to have kids but not having own flats will surely have an impact on procreation... :rolleyes:

buttercarp
10-10-12, 10:07
BTO must wait 4 years... crowded staying with parents and in laws or out laws... then delay having kids lor... till wife becomes 35 then have 1st child, etc... medical complication rates rise!!! DPM Teo just said our society must have family friendly environment to raise kids. The survey already mentioned that many couples want to have kids but not having own flats will surely have an impact on procreation... :rolleyes:
That's why they should bring back the transitional rental flat scheme, where they allow young couples to rent a small HDB flat for a minimal sum while they are waiting for their flat. It was present during my time and it had allowed me to start a family early (actually earlier than I planned).

eng81157
10-10-12, 10:10
http://temasektimes.wordpress.com/2012/10/10/mas-sounds-alarm-bells-at-possible-housing-bubble-in-singapore/

bubble bubble bubble :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

Note to all the government scholars, who are sitting in ivory towers and conjuring up HDB pricing formulas and land valuation methods - please WAKE UP!

eng81157
10-10-12, 10:12
That's why they should bring back the transitional rental flat scheme, where they allow young couples to rent a small HDB flat for a minimal sum while they are waiting for their flat. It was present during my time and it had allowed me to start a family early (actually earlier than I planned).

how about leasing some hotel 81 or fragrance hotel blocks for such use?! can channel sleaze into good use :D

zeamybro
10-10-12, 10:36
My friend bought a resale HDB at tampines but got posted overseas shortly. Managed to rent out his unit for 1st 2yrs smoothly but on 3rd yr, HDB informed him that he cant rent. After appealing, HDB allows him to complete his lease, but his MOP is reset.

Lovelle
10-10-12, 10:45
don't wan to own hdb like that....

buttercarp
10-10-12, 10:50
My friend bought a resale HDB at tampines but got posted overseas shortly. Managed to rent out his unit for 1st 2yrs smoothly but on 3rd yr, HDB informed him that he cant rent. After appealing, HDB allows him to complete his lease, but his MOP is reset.

Liddat then sudah lah..... no need to let out.
Wait till MOP is over.

carbuncle
10-10-12, 11:55
we need hdb rental to support private rental base

irisng
10-10-12, 12:39
So is the resale HDB flats cause the ppty market to rise or the pte ppty cause the ppty market to rise. ;)

irisng
10-10-12, 12:40
I think you meant no difference between PR and singaporean?
If so, yes I agree with you.
There should be more clear cut distinction in terms of home ownership and letting out of HDB between the 2.

Ya, I meant PR.

Emma
10-10-12, 12:43
I think HDB is right to do this. you can invest and speculate all you want in the private market but take the investment / speculative element out of HDB.

Arcachon
10-10-12, 13:29
Fully agree, I brought my 5 room in 1996, rent out in Mar 2002 to Dec 2005 after MOP. Then in Mar 2007 rent out until now with no problem. My tenants even get a 14 days notice to vacant my house due to noise pollution they generated. After the notice my future tenant have to sign agreement not to generate noise pollution in the Tenancy agreement.

By ensuring MOP before renting out the house reduce some complain.

Reduce number of HDB for rental means HDB rent is going up. HDB rental go up means HDB resale go up. Those with long term planning going to Huat. Speculator need to adjust their time line.

Sleepyhead
10-10-12, 15:57
I think HDB is right to do this. you can invest and speculate all you want in the private market but take the investment / speculative element out of HDB.

agree that HDB not for investment / speculation... however in all of these cases, they bought for own stay, and subsequently got posted overseas. Not within their control. even then HDB say cannot renew. And in fact, the MOP gets frozen from the time they go overseas!

Secretariat
10-10-12, 17:38
So is the resale HDB flats cause the ppty market to rise or the pte ppty cause the ppty market to rise. ;)

Both ...:doh:

Arcachon
10-10-12, 18:15
agree that HDB not for investment / speculation... however in all of these cases, they bought for own stay, and subsequently got posted overseas. Not within their control. even then HDB say cannot renew. And in fact, the MOP gets frozen from the time they go overseas!

They include PR?

PR can buy resale but cannot rent out.

Local can buy BTO and resale can rent out if posting form company else cannot.

When renting out MOP is frozen.

Please check with HDB.

kane
10-10-12, 20:31
Rental yield is driving the price of hdb resale flats.

price
10-10-12, 22:42
yea i agree with this. why every fresh grad must buy most expensive one? no money buy 3/4 room?

stiook
10-10-12, 22:44
yea i agree with this. why every fresh grad must buy most expensive one? no money buy 3/4 room?

Yea...Stay woodlands sembawang BTO lor... take BMW lor... must drive meh?

kane
10-10-12, 22:54
Yea...Stay woodlands sembawang BTO lor... take BMW lor... must drive meh?

stay punggol BTO even better than woodlands and sembawang. so many things coming up there.

price
10-10-12, 23:10
stay punggol BTO even better than woodlands and sembawang. so many things coming up there.

but no money ma. Woodlands etc got 200k bto leh. why must take 750k 5 room matured estates' prices?

kane
10-10-12, 23:41
but no money ma. Woodlands etc got 200k bto leh. why must take 750k 5 room matured estates' prices?

that's why don't go for matured estate. go for maturing ones like sengkang and punggol.

price
10-10-12, 23:43
that's why don't go for matured estate. go for maturing ones like sengkang and punggol.
poor should just go for the cheapest!

leesg123
11-10-12, 00:14
poor should just go for the cheapest!
Yup, start small. Super poor, go for rent, not tat poor go for 1 2 rm flat and so on...

price
11-10-12, 00:29
CCK 4 room flat only 200k

http://www101.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu09p.nsf/0/12SEPBTOCCK_page_3818/$file/12SEPBTOCCK_about1.htm?open&ft=bto

Kanarazu
11-10-12, 00:37
CCK 4 room flat only 200k

http://www101.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu09p.nsf/0/12SEPBTOCCK_page_3818/$file/12SEPBTOCCK_about1.htm?open&ft=bto

After MOP rent out will be good rental yield.

irisng
11-10-12, 08:18

My fresh grad friend got one 4 rm BTO at Punggol, 300k+ depending on the floor level. I think they are struggling for the 20% downpayment now. Just graduate in the middle of this year and found a job in Aug only. By the time they got the house, they will be 28 yrs old. Is time for them to tie down also.

In fact, they wanted to buy matured estates in the 1st place but the price is too costly for them, so no choice need to choose a non-matured estate which are far away from their parents. They choose Punggol instead of woodlands because they like the design there. It is better to choose the house that you like because you are going to stay there for the rest of 5 yrs. that is my :2cents:. So instead of choosing a 5 room flat in woodlands, they choose to stay in a 4 room flat in Punggol.

buttercarp
11-10-12, 08:21
One of my friend's daughter just got married and chose a left over new BTO 4 rm flat in Queenstown, second floor facing carpark for i heard for 400+K :scared-5: !

carbuncle
11-10-12, 08:24
social stigma aside, would you date someone who stays in one or two room hdb?? would you sleep with him or her in that one or two room hdb? curious to see your views

kane
11-10-12, 08:32
My fresh grad friend got one 4 rm BTO at Punggol, 300k+ depending on the floor level. I think they are struggling for the 20% downpayment now. Just graduate in the middle of this year and found a job in Aug only. By the time they got the house, they will be 28 yrs old. Is time for them to tie down also.

In fact, they wanted to buy matured estates in the 1st place but the price is too costly for them, so no choice need to choose a non-matured estate which are far away from their parents. They choose Punggol instead of woodlands because they like the design there. It is better to choose the house that you like because you are going to stay there for the rest of 5 yrs. that is my :2cents:. So instead of choosing a 5 room flat in woodlands, they choose to stay in a 4 room flat in Punggol.

I think they will realise that they chose well when watertown mall is up.

irisng
11-10-12, 08:33
social stigma aside, would you date someone who stays in one or two room hdb?? would you sleep with him or her in that one or two room hdb? curious to see your views

For me, should be no problem because before I married, I also stayed in a 2 room HDB flat. My sister-in-law now staying in a 3 room flat in Tiong Bahru, she told me that if she sells alway this house, she can buy a 4 room Punggol flat but she chooses to stay in the current place because of the location.

buttercarp
11-10-12, 08:37
Depends on his job.
If he has a promising career and is of good character and sound mind, no problem.
On the contrary, if he is a good for nothing, i would not even want if he has a GCB :p !

chestnut
11-10-12, 08:37
One of my friend's daughter just got married and chose a left over new BTO 4 rm flat in Queenstown, second floor facing carpark for i heard for 400+K :scared-5: !

Wa, she strike lottery. Surely nab nab make a lot of money.

chestnut
11-10-12, 08:38

For a moment, I tot I was in sammyboy forum.

eng81157
11-10-12, 09:36

if it's the lower end of the range, then it's cheap considering the location. my friend got a BTO in geylang recently - 3rd floor facing carpark going for $500k+

carbuncle
11-10-12, 10:04
brother nut, you aint see nothin yet!

we talked about even more juicy and scandalous stuff last time

radha08
11-10-12, 12:52
sigh i am back to hdb living after my tour of living in private properties...i am back in the heartlands....:cool:...dunno to be happy or sad....last nite me and my wife sat at dining table she had a wine i had a beer...she touched my glass and said...:cheers4:...cheers...to...OUR....home.:o

ysyap
11-10-12, 12:57
sigh i am back to hdb living after my tour of living in private properties...i am back in the heartlands....:cool:...dunno to be happy or sad....last nite me and my wife sat at dining table she had a wine i had a beer...she touched my glass and said...:cheers4:...cheers...to...OUR....home.:oYou should celebrate in all things... maybe moving back is prudent coz if you buy now, then if next year prices plummet from QE3 or Euro crisis, then you'll :banghead:. Always look on the bright side of things! :cheers5:Your wife is doing the right thing!

buttercarp
11-10-12, 13:01
sigh i am back to hdb living after my tour of living in private properties...i am back in the heartlands....:cool:...dunno to be happy or sad....last nite me and my wife sat at dining table she had a wine i had a beer...she touched my glass and said...:cheers4:...cheers...to...OUR....home.:o

You make this sound so poignant, carbuncle described a fullstop as poignant in another thread.

Agree with ysyap..... it may be a blessing in disguise.

focus
11-10-12, 13:28

Well, you still got the cash.. no worries.. it's just temporary.

Secretariat
11-10-12, 13:38

The other day I looked at the HDB stock statistic.

The numbers were posted here, but generated no discussion...:doh:

Here is the re-posting:

(from The 2010-11 HDB annual report)

Number of dwelling units built since 1960:

1960-65. 53,777
1966-70. 63,448
1971-75. 110,362
1975-80. 130,981
1981-85. 189,299
1986-90. 119,708
1991-95. 98,994
1996-00. 157,919
2001-05. 55,135
2006-10. 26,319

Total. 901,971

Of these, about 50,000 owned by PRs.

Any awareness of the Minimum Lease Period for financing?

Lovelle
11-10-12, 13:49

are u renting or u bot a hdb to stay ? a good decision after all. i hv been staying in hdb all these yrs..

leesg123
11-10-12, 14:15

In fact, they wanted to buy matured estates in the 1st place but the price is too costly for them, so no choice need to choose a non-matured estate which are far away from their parents. They choose Punggol instead of woodlands because they like the design there. It is better to choose the house that you like because you are going to stay there for the rest of 5 yrs. that is my :2cents:. So instead of choosing a 5 room flat in woodlands, they choose to stay in a 4 room flat in Punggol.loan from parents. no choice, should have bought when have build up enough $.

Sleepyhead
11-10-12, 14:26
ya.. i think for first home, die die must beg, borrow, steal to fund it! buy sooner rather than later.

after that only slowly pay back and think about investment if at all!

carbuncle
11-10-12, 14:39
hdb renovations done? moved in? never show us photos!!!!!!!

radha08
11-10-12, 14:44
hdb renovations done? moved in? never show us photos!!!!!!!

all done...moved in right now looks like war zone...almost same stuff travelled from 1500sqft condo to 4000sqft semi-d and now to 1000sqft hdb...:scared-1:...my dog walking around in circles...:D

radha08
11-10-12, 14:46
You should celebrate in all things... maybe moving back is prudent coz if you buy now, then if next year prices plummet from QE3 or Euro crisis, then you'll :banghead:. Always look on the bright side of things! :cheers5:Your wife is doing the right thing!

moving back no issue but now i got problem cos how to move out..botak say must pay 40% dp...for 30 year loan for my age group...siao liao..so either sell hdb buy big condo...stay hdb buy small condo...or migrate to south africa...:D:scared-1::D

radha08
11-10-12, 14:48
You make this sound so poignant, carbuncle described a fullstop as poignant in another thread.

Agree with ysyap..... it may be a blessing in disguise.

poignant ok as long as not pregnant...:D:D:D

proud owner
11-10-12, 14:48
moving back no issue but now i got problem cos how to move out..botak say must pay 40% dp...for 30 year loan for my age group...siao liao..so either sell hdb buy big condo...stay hdb buy small condo...or migrate to south africa...:D:scared-1::D

Hi

Don't mind me asking

What do you own now?
A HDB , a landed and a condo?

Or?

radha08
11-10-12, 14:53
are u renting or u bot a hdb to stay ? a good decision after all. i hv been staying in hdb all these yrs..

my hdb flat bought donkey years ago have been renting out past 5 years while i stay pc sold my pc and rented semi-d for 1 year....but now i renovate and move back into my hdb...a bit of culture shock...but slowly adjusting...:)

radha08
11-10-12, 14:57
Hi

Don't mind me asking

What do you own now?
A HDB , a landed and a condo?

Or?

ha ha ha...i am an elderly uncle who bought hdb donkey years ago...then 5 year ago i bought pc then last year i sold my pc...then i rented semi-d for 1 year now i moved back to my donkey years hdb after renovation...:cool:

so if u into cars...its like i was driving honda jazz then drive honda accord then drove mercedes S class....now back to honda jazz...:D:D:D

hopeful
11-10-12, 15:01
my hdb flat bought donkey years ago have been renting out past 5 years while i stay pc sold my pc and rented semi-d for 1 year....but now i renovate and move back into my hdb...a bit of culture shock...but slowly adjusting...:)

what happened to your potted plants in the semi-d?

carbuncle
11-10-12, 17:10
... with the COE pricing you out of the current market

look on the bright side. if anything, sg policy risk is now high. anything can happen.

kane
11-10-12, 21:41
ha ha ha...i am an elderly uncle who bought hdb donkey years ago...then 5 year ago i bought pc then last year i sold my pc...then i rented semi-d for 1 year now i moved back to my donkey years hdb after renovation...:cool:

so if u into cars...its like i was driving honda jazz then drive honda accord then drove mercedes S class....now back to honda jazz...:D:D:D

Just curious, is yours a 4rm or 5rm flat and how much was the reno?

proud owner
11-10-12, 21:47

Ic

What you said your wife said to you....damn touching
You are lucky to have her

As for moving back to HDB

It's like the Chinese saying

Falling leaves, back to the roots

Kanarazu
11-10-12, 21:49
The next CM may be launched by HDB code named INCH with an intensity 2.54 times greater. It stands for "I need cheap housing".

kane
11-10-12, 21:51
落叶归根。

Quite common among older folks in their 50s/60s who can't manage the extra space of a big house or unit. They rather go for hdb with all the amenities at the door step.

Kanarazu
11-10-12, 21:56
The next CM may be launched by HDB code named INCH with an intensity 2.54 times greater. It stands for "I need cheap housing".

And then empire strikes back with FOOT, something 12 times more powerful. foreigner oversupplies offering tenancies.

radha08
11-10-12, 22:01
what happened to your potted plants in the semi-d?

smaller ones outside the hdb corrider somewhere in bedok south...bigger ones give away...sigh...cost a lot of $$$...all gone...:banghead:

radha08
11-10-12, 22:03
Just curious, is yours a 4rm or 5rm flat and how much was the reno?

4rm...budget 30k...end up almost 40k...cos end up plus plus plus..new furniture/matress etc....new reno..damm sianz see old furniture:D

Kanarazu
11-10-12, 22:05
And then empire strikes back with FOOT, something 12 times more powerful. foreigner oversupplies offering tenancies.

And finally obiwan Kenobi counter strikes with something 3 times more powerful than FOOT called YARD which leads to "yesterday announced, realty depreciates'

radha08
11-10-12, 22:07
Ic

yup back to the roots...u said it i surrounded by the same 4 walls when i went to sch/army/got married/my children born...:o...slowly adjusting to HDB living...honestly its easier than i thought even my dog not so hyper...last time stay landed he ki-siao...now he relak one corner...:D:D:D

kane
11-10-12, 22:14
4rm...budget 30k...end up almost 40k...cos end up plus plus plus..new furniture/matress etc....new reno..damm sianz see old furniture:D
Sounds like you did a pretty extensive reno.

chiaberry
11-10-12, 22:16

Got virtual house-warming party or not? I bring beer......:cheers4:

irisng
11-10-12, 22:29
Ic

Move back to HDB never mind, pocket full full more important.:D

price
12-10-12, 00:40

BTO? 20% down payment? why go for bank loan if cant even afford 60k? no CPF? even if it's really 20% a young couple with no 30k each is quite pathetic.

leesg123
12-10-12, 01:01
BTO? 20% down payment? why go for bank loan if cant even afford 60k? no CPF? even if it's really 20% a young couple with no 30k each is quite pathetic.cos the friend just started work in Aug, so understandable. tell the friend to borrow from chestnut lor.

price
12-10-12, 01:55
cos the friend just started work in Aug, so understandable. tell the friend to borrow from chestnut lor.
then should take 90% with HDB ma? 15k each. these days sensible graduates would have quite a bit of savings if they know how to save and grow $.

If really both no money then get grants, either 1 dont work first. http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyingNewFlatAdditionalCPFHousingGrant?OpenDocument

chestnut
12-10-12, 05:46
cos the friend just started work in Aug, so understandable. tell the friend to borrow from chestnut lor.

I have respect for such people. Choose what they are comfortable with. At least this people will never die. At least they have backbone.

Rule no 1, never borrow from loan shark unless you are a dolphin.

eng81157
12-10-12, 08:15
I have respect for such people. Choose what they are comfortable with. At least this people will never die. At least they have backbone.

Rule no 1, never borrow from loan shark unless you are a dolphin.

and the dolphin gets eaten by the loan shark?! :scared-5:

chestnut
12-10-12, 09:54
and the dolphin gets eaten by the loan shark?! :scared-5:

Aiyo, you did not do science or wat?

Sharks scared of dolphins.

So unless u are a dolphin, never borrow from sharky.

radha08
12-10-12, 10:44
Sounds like you did a pretty extensive reno.

No la bro mine just the basic flooring cabinets etc...u go and see reno talk
Forum...those fella are hardcore 100k also they dare to spend on
Hdb reno...:scared-1:

radha08
12-10-12, 10:46
Got virtual house-warming party or not? I bring beer......:cheers4:

Haha talk about beer i surrounded by 3 cofeeshop...can drink unril
Pengsan...:D

kane
12-10-12, 10:57
No la bro mine just the basic flooring cabinets etc...u go and see reno talk
Forum...those fella are hardcore 100k also they dare to spend on
Hdb reno...:scared-1:

They want to make their home feel like a showroom.

Shanhz
10-11-12, 13:25

this implies that HDB dun like pple play punk with the MOP

but once MOP over, they are happy to let you earn extra income

radha08
10-11-12, 23:12
this implies that HDB dun like pple play punk with the MOP

but once MOP over, they are happy to let you earn extra income

all depends on the authorities up to them to plan we just follow...:D

phantom_opera
11-11-12, 06:27
I think CM against HDB will come once BTO monthly payment cannot be fully covered by CPF of 2 working persons in 30y @ 2.6% ... even a 500k loan is no sweat :p

irisng
11-11-12, 09:00
then should take 90% with HDB ma? 15k each. these days sensible graduates would have quite a bit of savings if they know how to save and grow $.

If really both no money then get grants, either 1 dont work first. http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyingNewFlatAdditionalCPFHousingGrant?OpenDocument

1st application - No 3 months payslip, cannot loan from HDB - not successful
2nd application - husband has 3 months payslip but wife do not have - successful but not full 90%, still have to foot out about $100k cash.:scared-1:
But the staff from the HDB is friendly, he said he will help them to apply again when they got the house.
Grant - not successful because don't have 1 full year working experience.:doh:

irisng
11-11-12, 09:02

IMHO, singles buy HDB, most of them will rent it out for extra income because currently they already have one under the roof and that's their parents's house.

focus
11-11-12, 13:26
IMHO, singles buy HDB, most of them will rent it out for extra income because currently they already have one under the roof and that's their parents's house.

But very good for votes. This targets the Disgruntled singles who cannot buy HDB and cannot buy PC but want a chance to live outside or to have an investment property.

If they are invested in a HDB ppty with a loan to boot, the next time ruling party says.."Choose your vote carefully coz it will impact the economy".

You think who they will vote? :)

The current strategy of upgrading either the amenities(like park) or flats for existing home owners already will sway a lot of people to vote the ruling party.

Disclaimer : Bias views coz I have a sibling who is eligible if it comes true!

leesg123
11-11-12, 13:43
Problem is giving the single housing will be a vicious cycle and lead to lowet fertility rate. Also, should be no link to vote lah, so many issues on hand, after the housing, then FT, thrn salary, endless needs.

carbuncle
11-11-12, 14:34
I know of some who will vote for PAP if they give covered walkways

focus
11-11-12, 17:16
I know of some who will vote for PAP if they give covered walkways

my friend and her neighbours and relatives staying at bishan park voted for the Bishan Park Upgrading :) They scared if don't vote.. the bishan park will be left in ruins before it's completed.

Shanhz
11-11-12, 17:57
Today shake a ministers hand at community event. I promise i will vote him if i win 4d first prize today

irisng
12-11-12, 06:48
But very good for votes. This targets the Disgruntled singles who cannot buy HDB and cannot buy PC but want a chance to live outside or to have an investment property.

If they are invested in a HDB ppty with a loan to boot, the next time ruling party says.."Choose your vote carefully coz it will impact the economy".

You think who they will vote? :)

The current strategy of upgrading either the amenities(like park) or flats for existing home owners already will sway a lot of people to vote the ruling party.

Disclaimer : Bias views coz I have a sibling who is eligible if it comes true!

Ha, I have a brother-in-law also waiting for this opportunity.:D

carbuncle
12-11-12, 08:54
sgreans are pragmatic. give me what I want n u get ur vote

august
12-11-12, 09:41
my friend and her neighbours and relatives staying at bishan park voted for the Bishan Park Upgrading :) They scared if don't vote.. the bishan park will be left in ruins before it's completed.

yet the park is not very well utilised, only the McD is crowded day and night.