PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Did I make the RIGHT decision for my SON?

Laguna
14-10-12, 11:54
After I posted buying an unit at eCO under my son's name and for my son. I gathered the general feeling from a couple of parents here.

1. Children shall stand on their own feet. (two hands up..AGREED)
2. Children shall buy BTO as this is their entitlement (?) grant $30,000
3. will help the children to foot the downpayment if need to. (agreed)

Allow me to table my thoughts.
1. I view investment as a family decision, risk portfolio management is the entire family. I don't differentiate between my children and mine. Afterall, my monies are theirs but theirs are not mine.

2. Buying eCO, firstly I must establish the price is reasonable. Next by putting under my son's name, the saving in ABSD is 3% or about $41,000 which is far more that the $30,000 grant given by Govt.

3. For my son to buy a BTO/resale, he needs to find his wife to be first. He is now 23, by the time, he find the right one, perhaps is 28, book at BTO and 5 years MOP, will bring him to 35 for him to buy the first PC. That is about 12 years all in all.

4. Let's say, property price goes up in line with inflation of 4%pa, 12 years x 4% will give him 48% up on a base on $1.4m or $672,000. For HDB, say from the time he book till end of MOP, 8 years, 8x4%X$300,000 (price of HDB) or $96,000. The difference is substantial. Of course, if the property price down, then my son will hit more.

5. After the TOP of eCO, he can rent out the unit and rental used to pay mortgage.

Ok, that is all to share.
There is no right or wrong in this case. Only Mr Market and Mr Time can tell perhaps 10 years later. Hopefully, I can happily posting to this thread at that time.

roly8
14-10-12, 11:59
don't you find the property price is too high now?

:o

is your daughter cute looking?:cheers1::D

Laguna
14-10-12, 12:02
don't you find the property price is too high now?:ois your daughter cute looking?:cheers1::D

High or low is a matter of relative and how u can read the price of tomorrow.
It is high as compared to yesterday's price, but most likely it is low if you can read the price of tomorrow.

My girl is not cute looking. Why u bring up about my girl?

carbuncle
14-10-12, 12:06
SUPER UNLIKE.

always thought laguna is dare to do, great foresight and never buy on impulse type.

now buyer remorse, sigh, minus marks in my heart liao.

carbuncle
14-10-12, 12:08
Am surprised with your vast network of real life friends u chose to pay heed to 'parents' in the virtual world instead.

roly8
14-10-12, 12:08
High or low is a matter of relative and how u can read the price of tomorrow.
It is high as compared to yesterday's price, but most likely it is low if you can read the price of tomorrow.

My girl is not cute looking. Why u bring up about my girl?

dunno..maybe u know what is coming for the future... must do your homework properly..

me not gay :D

fiat500
14-10-12, 12:13
After I posted buying an unit at eCO under my son's name and for my son. I gathered the general feeling from a couple of parents here.

1. I view investment as a family decision, risk portfolio management is the entire family. I don't differentiate between my children and mine. Afterall, my monies are theirs but theirs are not mine.

2. Buying eCO, firstly I must establish the price is reasonable. Next by putting under my son's name, the saving in ABSD is 3% or about $41,000 which is far more that the $30,000 grant given by Govt.
Was
3. For my son to buy a BTO/resale, he needs to find his wife to be first. He is now 23, by the time, he find the right one, perhaps is 28, book at BTO and 5 years MOP, will bring him to 35 for him to buy the first PC. That is about 12 years all in all.

4. Let's say, property price goes up in line with inflation of 4%pa, 12 years x 4% will give him 48% up on a base on $1.4m or $672,000. For HDB, say from the time he book till end of MOP, 8 years, 8x4%X$300,000 (price of HDB) or $96,000. The difference is substantial. Of course, if the property price down, then my son will hit more.

5. After the TOP of eCO, he can rent out the unit and rental used to pay mortgage.

There is no right or wrong in this case. Only Mr Market and Mr Time can tell perhaps 10 years later. Hopefully, I can happily posting to this thread at that time.
Why are u having 2nd thoughts? What triggers u to post the above?

Laguna
14-10-12, 12:13
SUPER UNLIKE.

always thought laguna is dare to do, great foresight and never buy on impulse type.

now buyer remorse, sigh, minus marks in my heart liao.

sori lah! I don't understand why u said I am in buyer remorse?
I just shared my reasonings....I never regret in my decision, and in fact, my son alr exercised the option last week.

zeamybro
14-10-12, 12:14
Financially, it does make cents and sense. For all you know years down the road, when Eco made him $$, he could be so thankful to you for giving him the head-start in the investment journey, whereas most of his peers would probably still be struggling.

On the flip side, would he feel that he is forever living in your shadows? One of the most major milestones in life ie. buying the 1st house (other than marriage), is largely decided by his dad and not by himself? When he is older say 28, will he have his own set of thinking, judgement and plan?

At the end of the day, I m quite sure he would be grateful to you for all you have done for him :p

Laguna
14-10-12, 12:15
Why are u having 2nd thoughts? What triggers u to post the above?

No, I don't hv the second tot. Did my write up sound like that? Perhaps, I shall change the title to "I made the RIGHT decision for my SON"

I just share my view with those parents insist that their children must buy HDB BTO as their entitlement even financially they can efforts to buy for their children.

Laguna
14-10-12, 12:19
Financially, it does make cents and sense. For all you know years down the road, when Eco made him $$, he could be so thankful to you for giving him the head-start in the investment journey, whereas most of his peers would probably still be struggling.

On the flip side, would he feel that he is forever living in your shadows? One of the most major milestones in life ie. buying the 1st house (other than marriage), is largely decided by his dad and not by himself? When he is older say 28, will he have his own set of thinking, judgement and plan?

At the end of the day, I m quite sure he would be grateful to you for all you have done for him :p

By the time he is 28, he will be buying his second property using his money.

This is what exactly happened to my girl. We helped her (perhaps around S$150,000 then), when she was 21, bot her first property. And at the age of 25, she bot her second property on her own.

At the age of 26, she sold her first property, and now aiming to buy a very much better property or invest in business. At least, she has the seed money. And she is sitting on a good paper profit on her second property.

buttercarp
14-10-12, 12:25
No, I don't hv the second tot. Did my write up sound like that? Perhaps, I shall change the title to "I made the RIGHT decision for my SON"

I just share my view with those parents insist that their children must buy HDB BTO as their entitlement even financially they can efforts to buy for their children.

The title of the thread is OMG! Did I make the RIGHT decision for my SON?

That means you are wondering if you made the correct decision.

To me, as long as you are not overstretched in your loan, there is no right or wrong. If I were your son, my answer will be "mommy, you have made the right decision :) ."

carbuncle
14-10-12, 12:26
dunno..maybe u know what is coming for the future... must do your homework properly..

me not gay :D

u not Gay but u not the only straight single guy in this forum also

carbuncle
14-10-12, 12:28
I just shared my reasonings....I never regret in my decision, and in fact, my son alr exercised the option last week.

aiyo u!

wrong choice of words la. ok add back marks.

now realise ur england quote terok. minus marks again. lol

Kelonguni
14-10-12, 12:29
Sometimes what appears to be a blessing might turn out a curse.

From your son's angle, I will say he is blessed.

Nonetheless I have relatives who earn over millions a year but insists the son earns his own dough to pick up skills.

Laguna
14-10-12, 12:29
aiyo u!

wrong choice of words la. ok add back marks.

now realise ur england quote terok. minus marks again. lol

haha, spent too much time in Chinese poem writing lor!

DC33_2008
14-10-12, 12:30
Have different opinion. I concur with all the 3 points made by some of you. I will adopt the following strategy:

1. Prefers my kids to buy BTO flat first even though they can afford a condo.

2. If they are to get married, they can stay in one of those condos or house while waiting for the BTO flats. I will still charge them a minimum rental as they are passive income to my spouse and I.

3. Will only pass over my properties as gift to them when I pass on but after assessing their spouses. Otherwise, it will be in the trust. This will give them additional monthly income from the rent.

The above strategy is based on the current circumstances like CMs, restriction, etc.

Just my opinion.:)

zeamybro
14-10-12, 12:31
By the time he is 28, he will be buying his second property using his money.

This is what exactly happened to my girl. We helped her (perhaps around S$150,000 then), when she was 21, bot her first property. And at the age of 25, she bot her second property on her own.

At the age of 26, she sold her first property, and now aiming to buy a very much better property or invest in business. At least, she has the seed money. And she is sitting on a good paper profit on her second property.

Ok, I see that as the way u have chosen to educate and nurture your children. Nobody can say its right or wrong, but as u said, there will be many other parents who would prefer their kids to learn how to stand on their own feet.

My parents didn't pay play a direct role in my first purchase ie. I use my own $ and made my own decision , but I know I would have a safety net supporting me shld I run into trouble.

DC33_2008
14-10-12, 12:34
What if there is a major correction in 2-3 years time?

zeamybro
14-10-12, 12:37

I supposed Laguna will help to clean the mess.

But I would prefer to have the chance to make my own decision, enjoy my own achievements and of cos clear my own mess if any

carbuncle
14-10-12, 12:37
Ok, I see that as the way u have chosen to educate and nurture your children. Nobody can say its right or wrong, but as u said, there will be many other parents who would prefer their kids to learn how to stand on their own feet.

My parents didn't pay play a direct role in my first purchase ie. I use my own $ and made my own decision , but I know I would have a safety net supporting me shld I run into trouble.

u guys are so foetunate. seeds money la, safety net la

my parents ever interested to know my salary and all profit I made in properties, then can ask for more allowance, when truth is they spent much much more on my sibling overseas ed.

maybe cox I not gonna b possible to carry on family line so better squeeze max out first. they have said will sell their house to fund retirement, so 0 for me

but I m grateful to them becoz if life had been easy for me, I wouldn't have left home to survive on my own, much less buy my first home at age of 29 after deeming that renting is a waste of money.

zeamybro
14-10-12, 12:42
u guys are so foetunate. seeds money la, safety net la

my parents ever interested to know my salary and all profit I made in properties, then can ask for more allowance, when truth is they spent much much more on my sibling overseas ed.

maybe cox I not gonna b possible to carry on family line so better squeeze max out first. they have said will sell their house to fund retirement, so 0 for me

Carbuncle I m sorry to hear this... But what I observe is that usually it's ppl like you who turn out to be more adventurous, competent and successful. Sometimes too much protection or guidance has adverse effects

carbuncle
14-10-12, 12:43
Carbuncle I m sorry to hear this... But what I observe is that usually it's ppl like you who turn out to be more adventurous, competent and successful. Sometimes too much protection or guidance has adverse effects

I m also so so sorry for being the only son. guess life is fair.

lajia
14-10-12, 12:50
I think this is quite a clear trend but I never concur that this is right. It is such action that continue to push the price upward and then ironically, we say that our next generation cannot afford to buy property in future...

Sometimes it is really contradict. We want them to have a good start, but, using money could in the end nurture them toward a wrong direction in life. so at the end, we might not have done the right thing.

Personally, I have always tell my kids, you have to earn what you deserve and harvest from your own effort and hard work. They will learn how to cherish...
:2cents:

leesg123
14-10-12, 12:56
There is no right or wrong in this case. Only Mr Market and Mr Time can tell perhaps 10 years later. Hopefully, I can happily posting to this thread at that time.Since u can afford it, the general public has to thank you for removing your son from competing with the mass on BTO or HDB. thanks for giving others the chance.

Arcachon
14-10-12, 12:57

http://www.madtomatoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/facebook-like-button-big.jpg

Laguna
14-10-12, 13:01
Personally, I have always tell my kids, you have to earn what you deserve and harvest from your own effort and hard work. They will learn how to cherish...:2cents:

Yes, agreed
But I added on, "children, if u need help, I will help u to the best I can to let you have a stronger and better head start."

Laguna
14-10-12, 13:02
Since u can afford it, the general public has to thank you for removing your son from competing with the mass on BTO or HDB. thanks for giving others the chance.

Look at it from another angle.
I shall be very happy if my son is not eligible to buy BTO if family income exceeds. Isn't it good?

BTW, I am not trying to show off, but just sharing my tots with fellow forummers.

roly8
14-10-12, 13:07
me haven't find my true love.. once i find it...reality will hit my face... eg. high property, cost of living..

really scary race ahead

Arcachon
14-10-12, 13:20
My son applying for French citizenship tomorrow. He is going for his NS end of the year. After NS he will apply for scholarship, if no scholarship. Then I will support him for university in Singapore. If cannot get the study he is interested in Singapore then he join me in France.

He was very angry when he found out that he cannot vote when he apply for French citizenship. Then I ask him what he know about voting in Singapore. If enough people vote for a gov that can spend more than they can make, it time to pack and go. If government educate non SC and SC have no chance and need to go oversea to study then it also time to pack and go.

Ask not, what the country can do for you. But if the country can't educate you then it time to go.

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/news/story/200000-sporeans-living-abroad-20121014

carbuncle
14-10-12, 13:20
me haven't find my true love.. once i find it...reality will hit my face... eg. high property, cost of living..

really scary race ahead

bro, which for u?

成家立业 or
立业成家

Laguna
14-10-12, 13:28
My son applying for French citizenship tomorrow.

Is this his choice or your decision?
does not know what is this about to be a French man?

lajia
14-10-12, 13:30
Yes, agreed
But I added on, "children, if u need help, I will help u to the best I can to let you have a stronger and better head start."

Hmmm...hahaha...I would say, yes I would help u if u want to have best education and if you want to start a family...:D but not to help u to buy a car or get your first house even if I can afford, I would put it under my name secretly and if really really they need it one day, there u go...:o anyway, this is my approach. :2cents:

Arcachon
14-10-12, 13:37
Is this his choice or your decision?
does not know what is this about to be a French man?

My decision first then after he understand about voting right in Singapore he make his choice. Final outcome depends on the gov. that can educate him.

Notice the French is not interested in buying property, they prefer to rent.

The Tax here encourage them to rent instead of buy. They don't have HDB but have more than 5 agency do low cost housing.

If those who are interested to buy, they are given a 100% loan included lawyer fee and agent fee.

phantom_opera
14-10-12, 13:43
IMO, since Laguna's son going through the decision process ... he will learn something .. even if recession does hit 2-3y down the road, he still will learn ... it is better to learn early rather than when you were old

BTO? The recent AMK BTO subscription rate for 1st timers is 4?? No guarantee you can get near MRT hoh :p

zzz1
14-10-12, 13:59
My son applying for French citizenship tomorrow. He is going for his NS end of the year. After NS he will apply for scholarship, if no scholarship. Then I will support him for university in Singapore. If cannot get the study he is interested in Singapore then he join me in France.

He was very angry when he found out that he cannot vote when he apply for French citizenship. Then I ask him what he know about voting in Singapore. If enough people vote for a gov that can spend more than they can make, it time to pack and go. If government educate non SC and SC have no chance and need to go oversea to study then it also time to pack and go.

Ask not, what the country can do for you. But if the country can't educate you then it time to go.

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/news/story/200000-sporeans-living-abroad-20121014
Singapore do not support dual citizenship, if he. Is to take up citizenship there ,he may have to renounce Singapore side. So year end no need to do ns..

What is his thought of this decision?

Laguna
14-10-12, 14:03
Singapore do not support dual citizenship, if he. Is to take up citizenship there ,he may have to renounce Singapore side. So year end no need to do ns..

No, still need to do NS....not so easy

Arcachon
14-10-12, 14:05

He love Singapore and want to study in Singapore after spending 30 month in US and more than 5 years in France.

I ask him what will happen if he can't study what he want in Singapore and the reason begin a non-SC is given a place instead of him.

He is doing his NS and will decided which gov. can educate him and renounce the gov. that cannot educate him when he is 21.

Arcachon
14-10-12, 14:08

I want him to do NS so that he can learn how to kill instead of begin kill.

He also wanted to serve the country but at the end of the day if the country chose to educate a non-SC instead of him then it time to go.

buttercarp
14-10-12, 14:11

Hi.... u are not local, right?

When a male child who is a singapore citizen by birth turns 13 years old, and he remains a singapore citizen, he has to do NS, no matter what his decision is later, ie whether he wants to give up the citizenship later for another.

roly8
14-10-12, 14:15

me no access to premium zone :o

Arcachon
14-10-12, 14:21
me no access to premium zone :o

That is why you are here.

radha08
14-10-12, 14:46
Your son is lucky 30 years ago when my dad passed away(RIP) all he left me was a painting of a house he did...nice painting of a BIG house with a mountain in the background..he painted it himself...life was tough and my mum struggled to bring me and my sisters up after he passed away...that same painting has followed me in every house i stay...at times i wish my old man had left me a REAL house...but he is gone and his legacy at least to me shall live in that painting...:)..for one thing that painting has reminded me as parents we all have to provide and nuture our children more so today than before cos its a rough and tough world....so Mr/Mrs Laguna:D....as a father/mother:confused:...you did the RIGHT thing to help you son to take off and hopefully he can soar to greater heights with your support/teaching and backing....:cheers1:

zzz1
14-10-12, 14:48
Icic.. Still go to pay his due... Can not Siam...

radha08
14-10-12, 14:55

:cheers1:..then let it be....1 year ago i made decison to sell my PC with good gains...then i rented a semi-d for 1 year while renting out my hdb to offset my semi-d rental....i was supposed to buy another PC within the year but despite viewing more than 30apts i DID not buy and decided to reno and move back to heartland living in HDB...do i regret...yes/no/maybe...now that new CM announced i am screwed...but hey nobody said our sucess is guaranteed in todays world......we make decisions and live with them..for better or worse...only time will tell....:cheers1:

radha08
14-10-12, 14:59

if u buy within your means just sit on it cannot go wrong if u got a good unit/location...and MOST importantly have holding $$$:)

zzz1
14-10-12, 15:02
Hi.... u are not local, right?

When a male child who is a singapore citizen by birth turns 13 years old, and he remains a singapore citizen, he has to do NS, no matter what his decision is later, ie whether he wants to give up the citizenship later for another.
On contrary , I am born and grew up in pulau tekong..so still 100% sillyporren right ??

My children had done their due so did not research on the obligation to serve.

. Is this policy only recently implemented .. My recollection was not this case or I got the wrong impression???

DC33_2008
14-10-12, 15:03
It is an opportunity cost. X dollar can buy you a suburb unit now but can buy you a CCR unit during downtime. Lots of difference. :scared-4:
if u buy within your means just sit on it cannot go wrong if u got a good unit/location...and MOST importantly have holding $$$:)

Laguna
14-10-12, 15:04
....so Mr/Mrs Laguna:D....as a father/mother:confused:...you did the RIGHT thing to help you son to take off and hopefully he can soar to greater heights with your support/teaching and backing....:cheers1:

ok, then let me share about my family. My grandfather, a very rich man, left behind good properties to my father, and he spent all in horses and women...and left NOTHING TO ME...and near his death, he blamed me for not taking care of his wealth.

That is why, I believe, it is good to give the children money earlier and train them to manage and grow. Instead of giving them the money when I am not around, I did not know what will happen....

Regulators
14-10-12, 15:05
Cheers to the best father in condosingapore. :cheers3:

radha08
14-10-12, 15:21
ok, then let me share about my family. My grandfather, a very rich man, left behind good properties to my father, and he spent all in horses and women...and left NOTHING TO ME...and near his death, he blamed me for not taking care of his wealth.

That is why, I believe, it is good to give the children money earlier and train them to manage and grow. Instead of giving them the money when I am not around, I did not know what will happen....

:cheers1:...give yourself a pat on the back...your doing and have done the right thing for your children...i hope when my kids are big i can do the same...for them:cheers1:

zzz1
14-10-12, 15:23
:cheers1:..then let it be....1 year ago i made decison to sell my PC with good gains...then i rented a semi-d for 1 year while renting out my hdb to offset my semi-d rental....i was supposed to buy another PC within the year but despite viewing more than 30apts i DID not buy and decided to reno and move back to heartland living in HDB...do i regret...yes/no/maybe...now that new CM announced i am screwed...but hey nobody said our sucess is guaranteed in todays world......we make decisions and live with them..for better or worse...only time will tell....:cheers1:
Yes , we make calculated decision then and then. An external influence is beyond the consideration ..and live with it... Nn regret, else there just too much to regret...

carbuncle
14-10-12, 15:48
suddenly read so many heart wrenching stories.... guess I still not so unlucky. thanks seniors for sharing. count my blessings.

focus
14-10-12, 16:39
IMO, since Laguna's son going through the decision process ... he will learn something .. even if recession does hit 2-3y down the road, he still will learn ... it is better to learn early rather than when you were old

BTO? The recent AMK BTO subscription rate for 1st timers is 4?? No guarantee you can get near MRT hoh :p

Agreed. If you have skin in the game, you will take note more often and learn rapidly.

If you are watching it... it will be just another non-event for you.

Since I started working in 2000, i think AFC, SARS, 9/11 all past me by and I did not understand the implication of all these to the property market.

If you had been actively in the game, you would have noticed the high and lows.
When you go showrooms , you note the price and the type of units and the crowd sentiment..
How is that good? It develops your gut instinct for prices.

when you find a good bargain.. you will definitely realised it.
But of course.. there's a saying.. Luck and opportunities comes to those who are prepared.
If you were not "preparing" by actively evaluating properties and other investmetn opportunities... how are you to know what is right and what is wrong.. what make sense and what does not?

You will also have to constantly make decisions on money management and capital allocation. It also builds up your confidence on your decision ability with regards to large capital.

Also, it opens up a closed mind. Sometimes your mind is your limiting factor, if you think $1mil is a lot, you will never get that $1mil.

I believe in investing , the experiences are more essential than textbook theories.. that's why i loved to hear all you people talk about ur experiences and views.

aND THe best part of it for laguna's son.. is he got an experienced mentor to guide him.

oh btw, here's an interesting article by the multimillionaire entreprenuer Michael Leong about kids..
http://pertama8.blogspot.sg/2012/10/to-our-young-be-humble-be-hungry.html

Laguna
14-10-12, 16:51
When you are, the market is not there
When the market is there, but you are not there....

so the best...
when you are there and the market is also there for you....this needs wisdom, knowledge, courage and action....and at time, your feel:confused:

Arcachon
14-10-12, 16:51
Agreed. If you have skin in the game, you will take note more often and learn rapidly.

Since I started working in 2000, i think AFC, SARS, 9/11 all past me by and I did not understand the implication of all these to the property market.

When you go showrooms , you note the price and the type of units and the crowd sentiment..

But of course.. there's a saying.. Luck and opportunities comes to those who are prepared.
If you were not "preparing" by actively evaluating properties and other investmetn opportunities... how are you to know what is right and what is wrong.. what make sense and what does not?

You will also have to constantly make decisions on money management and capital allocation. It also builds up your confidence on your decision ability with regards to large capital.

Also, it opens up a closed mind. Sometimes your mind is your limiting factor, if you think $1mil is a lot, you will never get that $1mil.

I believe in investing , the experiences are more essential than textbook theories.. that's why i loved to hear all you people talk about ur experiences and views.

aND THe best part of it for laguna's son.. is he got an experienced mentor to guide him.

oh btw, here's an interesting article by the multimillionaire entreprenuer Michael Leong about kids..

http://blog.kontera.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/like.png

DKSG
14-10-12, 17:10
See? I keep telling you all, go showflats and see things for yourself ?

Have you been to a showflat this weekend ?

Work hard folks!

DKSG

Laguna
14-10-12, 17:12
See? I keep telling you all, go showflats and see things for yourself ?
Have you been to a showflat this weekend ?
Work hard folks!

DKSG

ask all developers to install a webcam or IP cam...and live streaming lah

DKSG
14-10-12, 17:15
Its the human feel that gives you the sense of the market.

But of course the webcam helps. I dont think any developers would want to do that.

October sales maybe quite stunning based on the showflats I have been these 2 weeks. eCo, Riversails, etc all doing quite ok...

DKSG

carbuncle
14-10-12, 17:36

read it. don't mean to be rude but for a Dr he is rather 罗嗦 write so much still repeating must be hungry must be hungry must be hungry ok ok I got you the first time ...

Ringo33
14-10-12, 18:51

although I am strong believer of Singapore property investment, I still think that kids should always start with HDB in order for them to appreciate what parent have given to them.

As parents, like it or not, when we leave this world, the kids are going to inherit what you have build and leave for them.

living in condo should be treated as a privilege rather than entitlement.

hyenergix
14-10-12, 18:58
U have prob miscal e grant from buying HDB. Mkt value is usu $200-300k above BTO price, not to mention e future rental yield.

price
14-10-12, 19:16
BTO doesnt give u any grant, resale HDB grant of 30k is nothing when COVs are at 80-100k.

I understand many parents / young parents out there say they want their children to own their first HDB. What about Laguna's point of having the need to find the right partner in the first place?

Let's be optimistic and use the median age as a guideline: http://www.singstat.gov.sg/stats/keyind.html

Singaporean grooms are getting married at the age of 30. By the time they get their BTO / clear their MOP they'd be near 40. With the new CM, they have about 20-25 years of loan tenure to go if they were to take up a new loan for their first PC.

Furthermore, many graduates are doing so well that by the age of 30, a couple may be earning way beyond 10k / 12k (for ECs).

If you put all these factors together, when one is in his early 20s and able to afford a PC comfortably, why restrict his investments by his marriage age? Even if the market crash today, with that many years ahead, how much rental yield will he be raking in? By the time he is 40, he's probably in his 3rd or 4th property or traded / upgraded a few times if all goes well.

How many older folks out there wish they started investing younger?

gilaone
14-10-12, 19:31
Yes, agreed

I 100% agree with you. The idea is you gave your son a big fishing net, not the fish. He will not have to start fishing with fishing rod like the rest of his competitors, that give him a great advantage.

Laguna
14-10-12, 19:33
WOW Price
孺子可教
钱途无限
可喜可贺

price
14-10-12, 19:48
WOW Price
孺子可教
钱途无限
可喜可贺

Haha, though I speak fluent mandarin, I do not use chinese idioms in my day-to-day language. I had to watch this to understand the first 1! Good thing my Cantonese is good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inXJRkoK7Hk

amk
14-10-12, 20:24
Laguna's idea is to invest for his son as early as possible. I totally agree.
HDB and such. Honestly one should not really view HDB as a channel for your first pot of gold. What we see today is by accident not design. HDB has like 8yrs horizon. Opportunity cost is very high. Nothing to lose out if you never get any. And in addition, just as price put it, if your career starts right , you are not going to qualify anyway. And HDB is such a hot topic, there is very high chance the gov will make all kinds of measures to stop it from being an "investment vehicle".

Pikachu1245
14-10-12, 20:28

Believe several people may be using son/daughter's name to buy properties and avoid paying the ABSD.

Seems like a smart move for multiple properties owner. Is this why immediately after the latest CM, properties still sell like hot cakes?
I wonder :confused:

carbuncle
14-10-12, 20:31
Believe several people may be using son/daughter's name to buy properties and avoid paying the ABSD.

Seems like a smart move for multiple properties owner. Is this why immediately after the latest CM, properties still sell like hot cakes?
I wonder :confused:

for once govt did right to encourage having chewren

richwang
14-10-12, 20:39
Maybe in future we don't need 80% of population to start with HDB.
Relying on government is equally a bad habit if not worse.
So I start to support Launga's view now.

Thanks,
Richard

Pikachu1245
14-10-12, 20:47
for once govt did right to encourage having chewren

You mean use chewren to make more money by buying more properties under their names and avoid whatever ABSD garmen may impose for other SC/PR/FT ?

Like that , correct meh???

carbuncle
14-10-12, 20:55
You mean use chewren to make more money by buying more properties under their names and avoid whatever ABSD garmen may impose for other SC/PR/FT ?

Like that , correct meh???

difficult to add a sarcastic tone to postings here. sorry.....

DC33_2008
14-10-12, 20:59
Unfortunately, the good ones are not caught with net these days. Just look at the herd mentality. :scared-4:
I 100% agree with you. The idea is you gave your son a big fishing net, not the fish. He will not have to start fishing with fishing rod like the rest of his competitors, that give him a great advantage.

Rysk
14-10-12, 21:09
Over the years, many ppl are complaining pty price is getting out of reach when come to next generation.. blah blah blah..

So I can understand Laguna's intention..

Pikachu1245
14-10-12, 21:15
difficult to add a sarcastic tone to postings here. sorry.....

Maybe my English no good............
No need to say sorri as my post is directed to those who use chewren to avoid paying ABSD....and not directed at you lor.....

price
14-10-12, 21:21
No need to say sorri as my post is directed to those who use chewren to avoid paying ABSD....and not directed at you lor.....

I see nothing wrong with that actually. In life one should always take advantage of the system or "loopholes" of a system to benefit yourself. If you are too late/ slow, others are doing it as well.

Pikachu1245
14-10-12, 21:25
I see nothing wrong with that actually. In life one should always take advantage of the system or "loopholes" of a system to benefit yourself. If you are too late/ slow, others are doing it as well.

Well said, those who haven't done so, cheong ah......
Still waiting......For what?

carbuncle
14-10-12, 21:46

no worries, I was making a jibe at the people in power actually...

DKSG
14-10-12, 22:49
THen 15 years later, we will hear of stories of young adults kicking their parents out of the house because they already hold all the money in the household ...

You are not teaching your children anything by vesting so much wealth in them at such young age.

Think about the psychology of your children IN THEIR VIEW. Not yours.

If at a young age, you know u have 1-2 properties in your name, what do u think will happen ?

U can say your children very good to you one, wont do such things. Haha!

Ppl who use children to buy properties are just too selfish, they are not thinking for the good of their children, they are trying to use money to destroy their children.

DKSG
PS : There maybe some exceptions, some children may turn out to be perfect humans and take care of the condo for their parents. Some may not. U can certainly try your luck.

stl67
15-10-12, 03:45
Hmmm...hahaha...I would say, yes I would help u if u want to have best education and if you want to start a family...:D but not to help u to buy a car or get your first house even if I can afford, I would put it under my name secretly and if really really they need it one day, there u go...:o anyway, this is my approach. :2cents:

i think would also use this approach... just that i got many kids somight be difficult..
:)

DC33_2008
15-10-12, 08:37
It has alread happened and even between spouses. The recent case of the eldery couple where they are suing each other in court because of the multi million property. The man was my dad's ex business friend. It is really sad at such age of 80+. I do not disagree with the financial aid given to our children but the question is the approach. It varies with the character, etc, of the children but the things that are unknown are their spouses if they are not married. I know of some friends who refused to take over the property/wealth from their parents because their marriage is on the rock. They prefer to leave it with their parents first, otherwise they have to share with their divorced spouse.:2cents:
THen 15 years later, we will hear of stories of young adults kicking their parents out of the house because they already hold all the money in the household ...

You are not teaching your children anything by vesting so much wealth in them at such young age.

Think about the psychology of your children IN THEIR VIEW. Not yours.

If at a young age, you know u have 1-2 properties in your name, what do u think will happen ?

U can say your children very good to you one, wont do such things. Haha!

Ppl who use children to buy properties are just too selfish, they are not thinking for the good of their children, they are trying to use money to destroy their children.

DKSG
PS : There maybe some exceptions, some children may turn out to be perfect humans and take care of the condo for their parents. Some may not. U can certainly try your luck.

lajia
15-10-12, 13:35
I think this is quite a realistic scenario...now u not only worry for your kids' marriage but also got to be sure that they don't break up say a few yrs down the road....if not the property that you have been financing for the past years could end up in somebody's pocket :confused: :scared-3:

It has alread happened and even between spouses. The recent case of the eldery couple where they are suing each other in court because of the multi million property. The man was my dad's ex business friend. It is really sad at such age of 80+. I do not disagree with the financial aid given to our children but the question is the approach. It varies with the character, etc, of the children but the things that are unknown are their spouses if they are not married. I know of some friends who refused to take over the property/wealth from their parents because their marriage is on the rock. They prefer to leave it with their parents first, otherwise they have to share with their divorced spouse.:2cents:

lajia
15-10-12, 13:40
i think would also use this approach... just that i got many kids somight be difficult..
:)

Ya this is always the rich man's problem.. Got to make sure that u don't leave behind hatred among the bros and sis when u go...:)

Ringo33
15-10-12, 19:23
Do you think it is possible to not let your children know about your investment property?

focus
15-10-12, 20:51
Ya this is always the rich man's problem.. Got to make sure that u don't leave behind hatred among the bros and sis when u go...:)

If for my kids.. I will tell them straight it's equally split. All I loved equally.
I will leave will too .. no fighting like that right?

vip
15-10-12, 21:31

Sorry, I don't quite get this. The earliest TOP of eCO is 2017. Supposedly you paid 20% deposit now, if unfortunately the prices drop more than 20% in the next 5 years, wouldn't that make your son holding a negative asset (or negative liability), while still in his 20s?

leesg123
15-10-12, 21:41
Sorry, I don't quite get this. The earliest TOP of eCO is 2017. Supposedly you paid 20% deposit now, if unfortunately the prices drop more than 20% in the next 5 years, wouldn't that make your son holding a negative asset (or negative liability), while still in his 20s?
He paid 40%, wont negative.

vip
15-10-12, 21:45
http://propertysoul.com/2011/08/20/a-letter-to-my-new-born-baby/

A letter to my new born baby

August 20, 2011

Dear baby,

It’s been a week since you arrived in this world. Welcome again to the family!

I am secretly happy that you and I have the same eyes, lips, chin, temper, horoscope, blood type …

Baby, when you grow up, will we share the same philosophies about money and investment?

Will you have the passion for properties like what Mommy has?

Maybe one day we can go flat viewing together. On weekends, we can go to see ‘showflats’. Oops! Sorry Mommy’s using the old-fashioned word again. I forgot that you call them ‘virtual reality suites’, right?

If you’re interested to know, I’m happy to tell you all about property investment: when’s the perfect time to buy, how to pick good properties, how to find a good deal, what to look for feng shui …

For your sake, I’ll continue to learn through the years to broaden my knowledge and sharpen my skills.

I have confidence that you’ll have the intelligence to observe and grasp what I’ve been practising over the years.

But baby, I won’t be leaving you any of my properties, in fact, not even a single cent.

I’ll leave all I have to a friend/relative in need and to a few charities that I always support.

I agree with Donald Trump says in his book Think Like a Billionaire: Everything You Need to Know About Success, Real Estate, and Life (http://www.amazon.com/Trump-Billionaire-Everything-Success-Estate/dp/1400063558),
When planning your estate, you have two responsibilities:

1) Not to burden your children with undeserved wealth that could paralyze them, preventing them from working hard and achieving their own measure of success.

2) To make a legacy for yourself that revolves around charitable giving.

I’ve seen too many people without the means to maintain the properties and save the wealth left behind by the last generation. They’re desperate to sell those properties to split the money, and end up with nothing much before long.

With the knowledge that I impart to you, rather than inheriting just a few properties, I’m sure that you have the ability to buy tens or even more properties on your own.

Economic crises, loss of employment, bankruptcy, etc. may bring you down one day. Just remember the values and wisdom that Mommy has taught you. I know you can always get back what you’ve lost and come back stronger than before.

I just see you smiling in your sweet dream. Can I take it as consent from you?

Don’t worry, I won’t be setting any high expectation on you.

I promise you that high standards are meant for myself only (and also on the quality of my properties, the service of my agents and lawyers, etc.)

Because Daddy and Mommy have passed on the genes to you, remember that:

1) For what we’re not able to do, we don’t expect you to do.

2) For what we’ve achieved in life, feel free and take your time to achieve.

One more thing: Mommy believes that life is a marathon. No professional runner will go for a ‘head start’ early in the race and exhaust himself at the end. So take your time, set your own goals and enjoy the sceneries along the way.

P.S. Mommy will always love you!

Love,

Mom

Laguna
16-10-12, 21:50
So, SON
based on the GLS result, your parents have made the right decision for u, at least for the time being.

Land ($m)434.6 Construction ($m)164.7 Land Financing ($m)30.4 Professional / Legal / Taxes ($m)45.8 Marketing / Others ($m)8.1 Est. Total Cost ($m)683.6 Est. Breakeven ($psf)1,245.0

radha08
16-10-12, 22:56
So, SON
based on the GLS result, your parents have made the right decision for u, at least for the time being.

Land ($m)434.6 Construction ($m)164.7 Land Financing ($m)30.4 Professional / Legal / Taxes ($m)45.8 Marketing / Others ($m)8.1 Est. Total Cost ($m)683.6 Est. Breakeven ($psf)1,245.0

launch selling price 1.4 to 1.5k psf....:cheers1:

vvip price 1399 to 1499 psf..:D

buttercarp
16-10-12, 22:59
launch selling price 1.4 to 1.5k psf....:cheers1:

vvip price 1399 to 1499 psf..:D

So bro, are you game?

radha08
16-10-12, 23:50
So bro, are you game?

dunno la frankly speaking nowadays i see property price i also gong gong...:scared-5:

Laguna
17-10-12, 07:48
dunno la frankly speaking nowadays i see property price i also gong gong...:scared-5:

don't be gong gong lah!
u write so much....ACTION PLEASE.....
buy a small unit also feel shiok shiok...

Laguna
17-10-12, 07:50
If for my kids.. I will tell them straight it's equally split. All I loved equally.
I will leave will too .. no fighting like that right?

This is the problem faced by me and many friends.
U have one now, new born, so don't feel it.

The children are all different :
1. some are doing very well, some not
2. some are born bright, some not
3. some treats u very well, take good care of u, but not all

So, will u be giving them equally?

DC33_2008
17-10-12, 08:33
There is always a favourite kid in a family. It can be a problem if not shared equally. Not your child but their spouse. :(

zzz1
17-10-12, 08:42

That true...i have big sliblings..elderly parent very traditional thinking ..
Basically don give much though for the sisters , In term of education and welfair during their time.

Now the sisters always say is the responsibility of the male or brother to look after the parents which I don have problems with.. Basically medical and financial supports are between the brothers ..

So eventually the housing and things also only pass down to the male.....

What is left is the sour feeling on the parent by the sis ...even the Hse is sold and split ...

DC33_2008
17-10-12, 08:48
It is really sad to have such thinking. Those with one child will not have any headache.
That true...i have big sliblings..elderly parent very traditional thinking ..
Basically don give much though for the sisters , In term of education and welfair during their time.

Now the sisters always say is the responsibility of the male or brother to look after the parents which I don have problems with.. Basically medical and financial supports are between the brothers ..

So eventually the housing and things also only pass down to the male.....

What is left is the sour feeling on the parent by the sis ...even the Hse is sold and split ...

zzz1
17-10-12, 09:55
It is really sad to have such thinking. Those with one child will not have any headache.

i think there will always have these issues...

give favour to one will result in the rest not happy,, while treating all equal seem nt fair the the particular wan which is more filial..

Having a single kid, when come to old age, the financial and medical burden will be too much for a single child to bear...

life is such a predicament ....

carbuncle
17-10-12, 10:12
the best imo, is you take care of your own needs and retirement, while do enough to educate your kids about being independent and being able to make a living to feed themselves. if they are so inclined, to invest and grow their wealth.

leave all your assets to Charity. there will be no in fighting. no pretense of filial piety needed.

生不带来,死不带去

zzz1
17-10-12, 10:36
the best imo, is you take care of your own needs and retirement, while do enough to educate your kids about being independent and being able to make a living to feed themselves. if they are so inclined, to invest and grow their wealth.

leave all your assets to Charity. there will be no in fighting. no pretense of filial piety needed.

生不带来,死不带去
is true to really take care of own health, ... and invest on the moral value to the child...

Leave assets to Charity ???? looking at the way they spend the charity money like no body business ??? i would rather give direct to immediate or direct families . at least i know they benefit directly from it..

DC33_2008
17-10-12, 10:59
That is why a lot of us here is planning for retirement, whether earlier or later, and does not want to be a burden to our children. We will help in whatever way we could and just use different approaches based on circumstances.

CondoWE
17-10-12, 11:08

生不带来,死不带去

Siao ah..if donate all assets to charity then why want to do all investment at 1st place?

For me, If I dun pass it to my kid..I will sell all and travel the whole world and seven seas with my wife...:D !

is true to really take care of own health, ... and invest on the moral value to the child...

Leave assets to Charity ???? looking at the way they spend the charity money like no body business ??? i would rather give direct to immediate or direct families . at least i know they benefit directly from it..

I totally agreed with you..:rolleyes:

minority
17-10-12, 11:30
Siao ah..if donate all assets to charity then why want to do all investment at 1st place?

For me, If I dun pass it to my kid..I will sell all and travel the whole world and seven seas with my wife...:D !

I totally agreed with you..:rolleyes:

donate and build a school!!! name it after u!!! name live on for yrs!

radha08
17-10-12, 11:39
don't be gong gong lah!
u write so much....ACTION PLEASE.....
buy a small unit also feel shiok shiok...

roger boss :cheers1:

zzz1
17-10-12, 12:37
That is why a lot of us here is planning for retirement, whether earlier or later, and does not want to be a burden to our children. We will help in whatever way we could and just use different approaches based on circumstances.

That why i opt in the Advance Medical Directive, ADM. and some forumer here also as well...

read some ago, in HK, a man died on the Mahjong table aft winning 5 doubles.. and recently a 50 plus died in Batam Hotel with a masseur (at least die @|@ standing) .....

we don have the choice to choose how to die...really got to stay healthy ,not for yourself but also for the family...

zzz1
17-10-12, 12:40

sure with your wife ? or some body wife ??:D :D

buttercarp
17-10-12, 12:41
roger boss :cheers1:

So bro, looks like you joining the dark side soon, right :) ?

dtrax
17-10-12, 12:42
So bro, looks like you joining the dark side soon, right :) ?

prepare ur light sabers and draw swords with kenobi-wan and tharman da man dual combo

zzz1
17-10-12, 12:44
prepare ur light sabers and draw swords with kenobi-wan and tharman da man dual combo
hha haa.. you can become cartoon director sia..:D :D

focus
17-10-12, 14:45

I still think it's to be split equally..
Dont want anyone to feel the hatred about their parents .. and animosity among themselves. But you are right... if split equally... the animosity will still be between those who feels not fair and those who feel fair..

aiyah..I'm gone already.. don't want so much trouble. It's their own problem then! ..lol I just split equally..

Laguna
17-10-12, 14:52
I still think it's to be split equally..
Dont want anyone to feel the hatred about their parents .. and animosity among themselves. But you are right... if split equally... the animosity will still be between those who feels not fair and those who feel fair..

aiyah..I'm gone already.. don't want so much trouble. It's their own problem then! ..lol I just split equally..

You are still young, when the time come say, 60, 70 or even 80, u will think differently.

In my life time, perhaps since the age of 5 or 6, I have seen too many family members fighting already.

Come back to this thread when ur at that age.

fclim
17-10-12, 15:08
You are still young, when the time come say, 60, 70 or even 80, u will think differently.

In my life time, perhaps since the age of 5 or 6, I have seen too many family members fighting already.

True. There is no standard one size fits all. It really depends on the family make-up and the situation when the time comes. It's a dynamic Will and situation.

As of now, when kids are young, tendency is towards equal share. When they grow up and get married, you may not like their spouse or their spouse family etc....家家有本難念的經

windcar
17-10-12, 15:39

This is true. Let's give an example. 3 children, 1 house as inheritance. Out of 3 children, 2 sisters are married off. The son is not married and has been staying with parents till their death, taking care of them. If the house is to be split evenly, it may doomed the brother to be homeless. If the house is solely given to the brother, the sisters will not be happy.
What will you do if you are such a parent?

Laguna
17-10-12, 17:10
I personally have experienced many many ugly encounters in all these. That is why I want to make it clear to my children on my arrangement.

chestnut
17-10-12, 18:26
I personally have experienced many many ugly encounters in all these. That is why I want to make it clear to my children on my arrangement.

Well done. That's the best in my opinion. Test, test water. Then sell them why you do it and see if they buy-in. Ensure, they are agreeable and will help one another. Then all is settled. Once you go, it does not matter anymore. You have done your BEST.

Laguna
17-10-12, 18:39
Well done. That's the best in my opinion. Test, test water. Then sell them why you do it and see if they buy-in. Ensure, they are agreeable and will help one another. Then all is settled. Once you go, it does not matter anymore. You have done your BEST.

On top of this, I will review with them once every five years.....as circumstances change...
but cannot bring in their spouses, very complicated when more mouths added

buttercarp
17-10-12, 18:43
This is true. Let's give an example. 3 children, 1 house as inheritance. Out of 3 children, 2 sisters are married off. The son is not married and has been staying with parents till their death, taking care of them. If the house is to be split evenly, it may doomed the brother to be homeless. If the house is solely given to the brother, the sisters will not be happy.
What will you do if you are such a parent?

I will give the house to the son.
Whatever money left, 60% to the son, 20% to each daughter.

DC33_2008
17-10-12, 22:21
Your thinking is still very traditional. Daughter can sometime be closer to the parents than the son.
I will give the house to the son.
Whatever money left, 60% to the son, 20% to each daughter.

radha08
17-10-12, 23:14
Your thinking is still very traditional. Daughter can sometime be closer to the parents than the son.

:D...i got 2 x daughter...easy 50% x 2...:D

chestnut
18-10-12, 00:06

Time for tcss. I strongly suggest you give 55/45. Why, someone needs to take care of man's best friend. And none other then the one allocated w 55. Right?

Laguna
18-10-12, 00:11
well, just finished a long talk with a VERY ANGRY BUYER...

His firmed belief :
1. interest will definitely go up...all die (BTW, I agree on this, it depends on what sort of timeline we are talking...since interest rate is near zero for US$, sure it will go up...perhaps in 10 years time, or even 20-30 years like Japan)
2. economy sure go down...all die
3. Supply is so much
4. property prices will do down 10-15% next year

Does this sound familiar to you! is that you?

While sharing, I assessed his body language, his expression and his tone and I stopped.

Everyone is entitled to his/her own call.

DKSG
18-10-12, 01:05

His firmed belief :
1. interest will definitely go up...all die (BTW, I agree on this, it depends on what sort of timeline we are talking...since interest rate is near zero for US$, sure it will go up...perhaps in 10 years time, or even 20-30 years like Japan)
3. Supply is so much

While sharing, I assessed his body language, his expression and his tone and I stopped.

Everyone who missed the BOAT are angry !
They all believe, insist, demand, curse, that property prices MUST collapse so that they get a chance to buy. Then right after they buy, market must rebound for them to make tons of money.

Sounds familiar ? Dont waste time listening to these people/losers.

You rather spend time go showflats, look our resale residential, or commercial/retail properties now.

DKSG

carbuncle
18-10-12, 01:06
seriously missed the boat case.

I was just sharing with group of ex colleagues my journey, all were eyes wide opened and listening with serious look....

DKSG
18-10-12, 01:10

As an Office Boy, my take on this is :

Dont bother so much after your before you understand the meaning of Life!

Spend whatever money you need on yourself la!

Giving money to your children only serves to make yourself feel superior right ? Your children no capability to do better than you ? Your children make you worry that once you are gone, they will suffer ?

If so, then better start training them NOW!

My father always trained us to do better than him.
We never expected him to leave money behind, we want him to spend all his money on his own life! And we give him more money to spend even.

That is how you guys should bring up your children.
That is how I will bring up my children too! (next time la!)

DKSG

buttercarp
18-10-12, 01:21

The house n the majority of the inheritance should go to the child who takes care of the parents, whether son or daughter.

DKSG
18-10-12, 01:23
The house n the majority of the inheritance should go to the child who takes care of the parents, whether son or daughter.

So that the children will all "rush" to take care of the parents ?
The best children all those who rush to take care of their parents because they know their parents dont have enough money to take care of themselves.

Think, my friends, think.

DKSG

buttercarp
18-10-12, 01:23

His firmed belief :
3. Supply is so much

Why is his angry with his buy?
Is it because he bought it at a high price?

buttercarp
18-10-12, 01:27
So that the children will all "rush" to take care of the parents ?
The best children all those who rush to take care of their parents because they know their parents dont have enough money to take care of themselves.

Think, my friends, think.

DKSG
As a parent, I don't care which child takes care of me n for what reason, so long as they are willing to do so. Also, they won't know how long they need to continue to take care of the parent n whether in the end, they will receive any benefit.

DKSG
18-10-12, 01:28
Why is his angry with his buy?
Is it because he bought it at a high price?

From the description - this person hasn't bought.
In the MTB* category!

DKSG
*Missed The Boat

buttercarp
18-10-12, 01:30
From the description - this person hasn't bought.
In the MTB* category!

DKSG
*Missed The Boat
Oic.... Thanks.
So he is a very angry potential buyer.

DKSG
18-10-12, 01:54
Oic.... Thanks.
So he is a very angry potential buyer.

MTBs are usually angry.
We have a great example here.
Angry for ONE WHOLE YEAR already.

They usually swear, curse, insult, and say whatever do whatever to let off steam.

Cant blame them also la! MTB is not like missing the MRT, u can still get on 3 mins later.

But lucky for us, we have these people to slowly acknowledge the MTB and come in the give further strength to the market.

Gosh! I am now going to MTB# !

DKSG
#Missed The Bed

Laguna
18-10-12, 07:53
seriously missed the boat case.

I was just sharing with group of ex colleagues my journey, all were eyes wide opened and listening with serious look....

this makes me excited....what did u share with them? must be very juicy

Laguna
18-10-12, 07:56
Everyone who missed the BOAT are angry !
They all believe, insist, demand, curse, that property prices MUST collapse so that they get a chance to buy. Then right after they buy, market must rebound for them to make tons of money.

Sounds familiar ? Dont waste time listening to these people/losers.

You rather spend time go showflats, look our resale residential, or commercial/retail properties now.

DKSG

yes, yes..yes....he is my neighour lah!
I have slow down a lot in property buying already, bullets getting lesser, much lesser...

Secretariat
18-10-12, 08:16
MTBs are usually angry.
We have a great example here.
Angry for ONE WHOLE YEAR already.

They usually swear, curse, insult, and say whatever do whatever to let off steam.

Cant blame them also la! MTB is not like missing the MRT, u can still get on 3 mins later.

But lucky for us, we have these people to slowly acknowledge the MTB and come in the give further strength to the market.

Gosh! I am now going to MTB# !

DKSG
#Missed The Bed

If this is a true reflection of the ground sentiment, then this is the denial stage of market psychology.

Two more stages to go; realization and euphoria.

lifeline
18-10-12, 08:30
If this is a true reflection of the ground sentiment, then this is the denial stage of market psychology.

Two more stages to go; realization and euphoria.

he was in Denial.
now in Anger phase.
next will be Bargaining, then Depression, finally Acceptance.
complete the 5 phases of grief, sometimes to and fro... then decided not to MTB anymore.
then enter the market finally - market up.

Secretariat
18-10-12, 08:33
he was in Denial.
now in Anger phase.
next will be Bargaining, then Depression, finally Acceptance.
complete the 5 phases of grief, sometimes to and fro... then decided not to MTB anymore.
then enter the market finally - market up.

LOL...exactly

azeoprop
18-10-12, 08:39
Keppel land paid 791.42psf ppr for the land beside tanah merah mrt!! :scared-1:

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Tanah+Merah+MRT+site+along+New+Upper+Changi+Road+is+super+popular+with+11+bids%2C+top+bid+of+%24434.55m+likely+to+break+price+records+for+that+area/

azeoprop
18-10-12, 09:02
ECO = 534psf ppr
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Far+East%2C+Frasers+Centrepoint+and+Sekisui+House+consortium+wins+Bedok+South+residential+site/

Fragrance land = 676psf ppr
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Condo+site+right+next+to+Tanah+Merah+MRT+gets+13+bids%2C+won+by+Fragrance+Group+and+World+Class+Land/

Keppel land = 791psf ppr
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Tanah+Merah+MRT+site+along+New+Upper+Changi+Road+is+super+popular+with+11+bids%2C+top+bid+of+%24434.55m+likely+to+break+price+records+for+that+area/

How to price drop??? :scared-4: :scared-1: :scared-3:

chestnut
18-10-12, 09:07
CAN. Only with a prolonged recession. I really don't see it happening soon but if it happens and I cannot spot it. I will be going back to the drawing board and analyzing what went wrong and come out stronger. Hahaha

ECO = 534psf ppr
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Far+East%2C+Frasers+Centrepoint+and+Sekisui+House+consortium+wins+Bedok+South+residential+site/

Fragrance land = 676psf ppr
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Condo+site+right+next+to+Tanah+Merah+MRT+gets+13+bids%2C+won+by+Fragrance+Group+and+World+Class+Land/

Keppel land = 791psf ppr

How to price drop??? :scared-4: :scared-1: :scared-3:

Laguna
18-10-12, 09:47
3 parcels
annualised inflation 55%

carbuncle
18-10-12, 12:30
yes, yes..yes....he is my neighour lah!
I have slow down a lot in property buying already, bullets getting lesser, much lesser...

OH neighbour....

I tot you crossed to the even darker side - become ppty agent lol

In my sharing with ex colls.... some keywords

FLIP
GAIN
IRAS
SHOEBOX
YIELD
CRASH
CM

lol

radha08
18-10-12, 12:39
As an Office Boy, my take on this is :

Dont bother so much after your before you understand the meaning of Life!

Spend whatever money you need on yourself la!

Giving money to your children only serves to make yourself feel superior right ? Your children no capability to do better than you ? Your children make you worry that once you are gone, they will suffer ?

If so, then better start training them NOW!

My father always trained us to do better than him.
We never expected him to leave money behind, we want him to spend all his money on his own life! And we give him more money to spend even.

That is how you guys should bring up your children.
That is how I will bring up my children too! (next time la!)

DKSG

that was my fathers thinking 30 years ago when my father passed away(rip)...he left me a house...that was PAINTED on a piece of canvas and framed up...that painting of a house sits on a wall in my house...i think i want to leave behind a little more for my kids....cos if we got nothing to work and live for whats the point of living...:)

carbuncle
18-10-12, 12:39
IMO MTB are a dying breed.

Why?

Because with the latest CM, time cost of opportunity has been drastically increased.

The longest a, say, 30yo MTB waits, the less financing he is able to obtain going forward.

For someone older, the problem is compounded exponentially.

I rest my case.

carbuncle
18-10-12, 12:44
that was my fathers thinking 30 years ago when my father passed away(rip)...he left me a house...that was PAINTED on a piece of canvas and framed up...that painting of a house sits on a wall in my house...i think i want to leave behind a little more for my kids....cos if we got nothing to work and live for whats the point of living...:)

bro, don't mean to be rude, but getting a bit pissed liao...

in hokkien there is the saying kpkb (kao peh kao bu), translated it means cry father cry mother. this is exactly what you are doing since the latest CM!!!!!!!!!!

Can you please pull yourself together and

STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST

and

EITHER YOU PLONK YOUR CASH DOWN FOR YOUR DREAM HOUSE

or

JUST APPRECIATE AND BE CONTENTED WITH WHAT YOU HAVE your beautiful Highly DEVELOPED BLOCK UNIT your beautiful caring wife and beautiful kids and fortunate DOGS!!!!!!!!!

argh

buttercarp
18-10-12, 12:59
Hi bro radha, yesterday I received a flyer with multiple resale condos for sale by Terence Tee again. One unit caught my eye and i tot about you.
It is a 3+1 BR at Dunman Place 1378 sq ft going for 1.6 mil (neg). It is FH.

I managed to find it on this website.

http://www.stproperty.sg/condo-for-sale/apartment-for-sale/dunman-place/979757

carbuncle
18-10-12, 13:19
Hi bro radha, yesterday I received a flyer with multiple resale condos for sale by Terence Tee again. One unit caught my eye and i tot about you.

I fully recommend Terence service. He is an expert on East side and MMs in general too. (for properTEE got to Terence TEE wahaha)

But this unit... sis.... bro radha likes ground floor PATIO unit not high floor leh.

price
18-10-12, 19:23
I fully recommend Terence service. He is an expert on East side and MMs in general too. (for properTEE got to Terence TEE wahaha)

But this unit... sis.... bro radha likes ground floor PATIO unit not high floor leh.
his ads are everywhere. parkway, marine parade carpark barriers, lifts, shopping malls, even the new 112 Katong's LED screen has his ads.

august
18-10-12, 19:45
his ads are everywhere. parkway, marine parade carpark barriers, lifts, shopping malls, even the new 112 Katong's LED screen has his ads.

his overheads must be high hehe.

radha08
18-10-12, 21:28
bro, don't mean to be rude, but getting a bit pissed liao...

in hokkien there is the saying kpkb (kao peh kao bu), translated it means cry father cry mother. this is exactly what you are doing since the latest CM!!!!!!!!!!

Can you please pull yourself together and

STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST

and

EITHER YOU PLONK YOUR CASH DOWN FOR YOUR DREAM HOUSE

or

JUST APPRECIATE AND BE CONTENTED WITH WHAT YOU HAVE your beautiful Highly DEVELOPED BLOCK UNIT your beautiful caring wife and beautiful kids and fortunate DOGS!!!!!!!!!

argh

tks bro appreciate your sincerity and honesty...yup i have been crying father crying mother understandbly...i mean its not every day that one half bald mans ruling(CM) affects another half bald mans future..i mean you wouldnt understand and i dont expect you too this type of MAN talk...for the moment i will settle for your last option....afterall a great MAN once said....

"Cotentment is priceless..."":cool:

radha08
18-10-12, 21:34

tks sis appreciate the link but based on latest cm i can only loan between 15 to 20 years....compared to 30 years before so i have effectively put myself out of the race....so comfortably all i can afford now is 900k with 80% loan if i DONT wish to sell my HIGHLY DEVELOPED BLOCK unit...so all thoughts of a second dream home gone for NOW....anyway NO more crying father crying mother just move on...from now...:)

buttercarp
18-10-12, 21:47
tks sis appreciate the link but based on latest cm i can only loan between 15 to 20 years....compared to 30 years before so i have effectively put myself out of the race....so comfortably all i can afford now is 900k with 80% loan if i DONT wish to sell my HIGHLY DEVELOPED BLOCK unit...so all thoughts of a second dream home gone for NOW....anyway NO more crying father crying mother just move on...from now...:)

Ok, good.
Just bide your time.
And live happily everafter in your flat until the time is ripe.

carbuncle
19-10-12, 00:12
only wish the best for you my brother.... hugs ... oops the last part optional

stl67
19-10-12, 08:02
tks bro appreciate your sincerity and honesty...yup i have been crying father crying mother understandbly...i mean its not every day that one half bald mans ruling(CM) affects another half bald mans future..i mean you wouldnt understand and i dont expect you too this type of MAN talk...for the moment i will settle for your last option....afterall a great MAN once said....

"Cotentment is priceless..."":cool:
U know i respect for this.. I always like ground floor unit..:)

zeamybro
19-10-12, 08:55

Riversail shld have units that fit your budget? But that's provided you see value in the location and project, no pt buying for the sake of buying :)

HDB has its merits too. You have the town councils that do a decent job in taking charge of the maintenance and common areas.

radha08
19-10-12, 18:52
only wish the best for you my brother.... hugs ... oops the last part optional

:scared-1:...keyboard hug ok la...:D