PDA

View Full Version : Market is watching...

Laguna
16-10-12, 10:36
In Feb 2012, FEO won the current eCO site for about $500+psf. In Aug 2012 Fragrance won another site nearby for $600+ psf, about $120psf higher.

With eCO highest done for around $1,700psf, the highest sale volume last month, and the Parliament yesterday...and the latest CM

so let's watch what is going to be the closing of the tender today at 4pm, news out at 6pm, of the site opposite Optima.

I was told about 11 bidders, around $700 psf...perhaps even $720, this will give a break even cost of $1100 +

This tender will tell, how is the pricing going to be in the near future....

radha08
16-10-12, 10:45
ha ha bro i think you are the one watching every movement around tanah merah...:D:D:D:D....dont worry eco sure huat one....i am also watching at the other end of bedok south ave 3 near to upper east coast road from my highly developed block..hdb..:D...there also got big big piece of land will be the spotlight when govt announce erl station here...so your side of ave 3 will
huat....then follow by my side....we got it covered...:cheers4:

Laguna
16-10-12, 10:47
ha ha bro i think you are the one watching every movement around tanah merah...:D:D:D:D....dont worry eco sure huat one....i am also watching at the other end of bedok south ave 3 near to upper east coast road from my highly developed block..hdb..:D...there also got big big piece of land will be the spotlight when govt announce erl station here...so your side of ave 3 will
huat....then follow by my side....we got it covered...:cheers4:

I shall not be the only one lah....
anyway, u got me, I studied the entire master plan of that area before buying into eCO...
now regretted deeply for not picking up two...
In Q for the returned units now..and so far NONE....

Lovelle
16-10-12, 10:51
why are u not considering resale prject ?

Emma
16-10-12, 11:01
Hi Laguna, if you buy the returned units, the discounts will follow the current discounts right?

anyway, u got me, I studied the entire master plan of that area before buying into eCO...

radha08
16-10-12, 11:04

you buying under your nephew...:confused::D

Laguna
16-10-12, 11:16
why are u not considering resale prject ?
I don't like bay window and home shulter

Laguna
16-10-12, 11:17
Hi Laguna, if you buy the returned units, the discounts will follow the current discounts right?
Looking at the Q ans sale
I doubt I hv any nego power.

leftfield
16-10-12, 11:20
All these hype around Tanah Merah does not seem to be helping the prices of the neighboring old developments like Tanamera, East Meadows, Stratford Court & Palmwoods (all < 1000 psf generally). Are these laggards waiting for a nice bump up in price??? ;)

radha08
16-10-12, 12:45
All these hype around Tanah Merah does not seem to be helping the prices of the neighboring old developments like Tanamera, East Meadows, Stratford Court & Palmwoods (all < 1000 psf generally). Are these laggards waiting for a nice bump up in price??? ;)

just like in the car market when new model is launched older ones will rot away...:D

Werther
16-10-12, 12:49
just like in the car market when new model is launched older ones will rot away...:D

Bro Radha

Why are you not considering Bedok court...its a nice development, spacious, but i am not sure what is the asking price now..sorry i kah-por

radha08
16-10-12, 12:55
Bro Radha

Why are you not considering Bedok court...its a nice development, spacious, but i am not sure what is the asking price now..sorry i kah-por

this condo is old i am old this condo is expensive i am cheap..:scared-1:

leftfield
16-10-12, 12:58

The money saved on the outlay can be used to renovate the old place until gilat gilat...:D

Laguna
16-10-12, 17:33
$791psf by Keppel

Tripp
16-10-12, 17:34
Results are out!

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2012/pr12-118a.pdf

Tripp
16-10-12, 17:41
Keppel Land site .. $791 psf
Fragrance site .... $676 psf
FEO eCO site ...... $534 psf

Tanah Merah HUAT ahh...

sabian
16-10-12, 17:54
They can call it Sky Habitat II :D

Rysk
16-10-12, 18:40
$791psf by Keppel
Wow!! :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:
So "Property price is going up fast" lor :D

kane
16-10-12, 19:18
They can call it Sky Habitat II :D
Sky Habitat is by capitaland, not Keppel Land.

Wow, but I'm surprised at how aggressive they are with this bid.

ikan bilis
16-10-12, 19:29
first, developers see Khaw's CM no up...
second, go grab palmwoods, i think still around that psf....

:banghead:

price
16-10-12, 20:30
Results are out!

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2012/pr12-118a.pdf

wow they won the 2nd bid by 30mil:doh:

radha08
16-10-12, 20:39
wow that means the other parcel next to it might hit $800 plus...:eek:

govt keep on release land but developers keep bidding higher...:D

the power of qe3...:cheers1:

radha08
16-10-12, 20:40

cannot make it la palmwoods...:doh:

ikan bilis
16-10-12, 20:47
cannot make it la palmwoods...:doh:

hur??... was looking at it when it was around 650psf 2yr back... this 1 very bad meh??... i had not visited the estate yet... tot serene environment low rise ??... :confused:

newbie11
16-10-12, 20:58
govt should tighten the lending to developer. not just buyers or sellers.

chestnut
16-10-12, 21:12
:confused: then how developers going to survive? Then who will bid for the land? Govt also have minimum bid price for the land. If not met, then don't sell. Correct?
If developers don't bid, construction firms jiatlat, then a/c manufacturer jialat, then renovation contractor jialat. One whole string of effect.

govt should tighten the lending to developer. not just buyers or sellers.

radha08
16-10-12, 21:20
hur??... was looking at it when it was around 650psf 2yr back... this 1 very bad meh??... i had not visited the estate yet... tot serene environment low rise ??... :confused:
open window can shake hand with neighbour...and if get wrong facing:doh:...next to bedok market so many 24hr makan shop everynight...:banghead:...motorbikes and noise...:scared-5:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/10541590/for-sale-palmwoods

radha08
16-10-12, 21:23
:confused: then how developers going to survive? Then who will bid for the land? Govt also have minimum bid price for the land. If not met, then don't sell. Correct?
If developers don't bid, construction firms jiatlat, then a/c manufacturer jialat, then renovation contractor jialat. One whole string of effect.

govt end of day they will say willing seller willing buyer...they are the willing seller...:D...developer willing buyer:cheers1:...then developer will build they become willing seller...and all cheong to buy so the people are willing buyer..:cheers4:

amk
16-10-12, 22:13
Sky Habitat is by capitaland, not Keppel Land.

Wow, but I'm surprised at how aggressive they are with this bid.

Wow this one 800, the Bishan one will be what, 900 ?

bargain hunter
16-10-12, 22:18
thot ah khaw just said in parliament that cooling measures are working? :confused: :ashamed1:

Laguna
16-10-12, 22:20
thot ah khaw just said in parliament that cooling measures are working? :confused: :ashamed1:

of course it is working
else, what sort of price u expect...

kane
16-10-12, 23:10
Wow this one 800, the Bishan one will be what, 900 ?

then the herd will visit sky habitat showroom again...

leftfield
16-10-12, 23:16
Seriously, all these record bids are countering the CM like knife cutting through butter. I can almost see the crowds again in the show flats this coming weekend for more panic buying!!!

kane
16-10-12, 23:17
sell more land but developers outbidding each other, don't sell land, tight supply could drive prices higher. it's a catch 22.

radha08
16-10-12, 23:32
Seriously, all these record bids are countering the CM like knife cutting through butter. I can almost see the crowds again in the show flats this coming weekend for more panic buying!!!

ha ha your absolutely right the way its going only cm that will work is that if govt come out new cm that says anybody who buy property in singapore will face 10 year jail sentence...hahaha...then buying will STOP....:D:D:D:D

ikan bilis
16-10-12, 23:38

next cooling measures coming soon: All new govt residential land sales shortened to LH60.... :D

radha08
16-10-12, 23:47
next cooling measures coming soon: All new govt residential land sales shortened to LH60.... :D

hmm...still ok what lower price but can get same rental as 99lh sites...people still cheong to buy...:D

ikan bilis
16-10-12, 23:57
hmm...still ok what lower price but can get same rental as 99lh sites...people still cheong to buy...:D

if cannot cooled then shorten to LH45, still cannot cooled then shorten to LH30.... :hell-hath-no-fury:

kane
16-10-12, 23:58

that'll make the existing LH cheong, where got cooling measure.

radha08
17-10-12, 00:09
basically CM is now CMi....cannot make it:scared-1:

ikan bilis
17-10-12, 00:09
that'll make the existing LH cheong, where got cooling measure.

resale/subsale cannot cheong, all kena tied down by SSD, ABSD and loan limts of 30yr tenure + max 65 yr old.... all resale like tied + boiled crabs.... :D

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l529/ikan-bilis/crab.jpg

kane
17-10-12, 00:17
the perceived value gets enriched, it doesn't need a lot of transactions, just a few will end up setting the standard for the rest. so whether or not resale is tied up or not isn't relevant, because there will always be a handful that isn't tied up.

ikan bilis
17-10-12, 00:24
new launch & resale price can go up, but as long as there is very very thin transaction volume, cooling measure is working liow... what CM want is to freeze the market woa, freezing it at whatever temperature does not matter.... :D

hmm.... me like boiled crab served chilled,... yummy... :hungry:

Laguna
17-10-12, 06:03
resale/subsale cannot cheong, all kena tied down by SSD, ABSD and loan limts of 30yr tenure + max 65 yr old.... all resale like tied + boiled crabs.... :D

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l529/ikan-bilis/crab.jpg
The picture reminds me of Andy Lau talking that China economy is like slow boiling of hairy crab

ikan bilis
17-10-12, 07:13
The picture reminds me of Andy Lau talking that China economy is like slow boiling of hairy crab

alamak ! ,.... uncle....

Andy Lau, Big Screen Actor....
Andy Xie, Actor in TV financial shows...

:D

Laguna
17-10-12, 07:46
alamak ! ,.... uncle....

Andy Lau, Big Screen Actor....
Andy Xie, Actor in TV financial shows...

:D

yayay,,,,lol,
I am big fan of the two...no wonder when I typed out the name in the early morning, I sensed something not too right

kane
17-10-12, 08:36
Andy xie's been bearish China for coming to 10years. Imagine the lost opportunity cost. Sigh.

carbuncle
17-10-12, 10:05
yayay,,,,lol,
I am big fan of the two...no wonder when I typed out the name in the early morning, I sensed something not too right

such a cute mistake by Laguna the Invincible.

goes to show that nobody is infallible. lol

Laguna
17-10-12, 10:16
Andy xie's been bearish China for coming to 10years. Imagine the lost opportunity cost. Sigh.
I enjoy reading his articles and books. There is lot of wisdom.
The problem is fundamentally, once you made such a strong call, it is extremely difficult to make a complete U turn.

windcar
17-10-12, 10:18
[QUOTE=ikan bilis]resale/subsale cannot cheong, all kena tied down by SSD, ABSD and loan limts of 30yr tenure + max 65 yr old.... all resale like tied + boiled crabs.... :D /QUOTE]

It is best for buyer to remember that once he buys his unit at new launch, and in the future if he wants to sell off this unit, it will also subject to the same crap (SSD, ABSD and loan limts of 30yr tenure + max 65 yr old)

No reason to buy any new launch if you have alot of cash.

windcar
17-10-12, 10:19

It is best for buyer to remember that once he buys his unit at new launch, and in the future if he wants to sell off this unit, it will also subject to the same crap (SSD, ABSD and loan limts of 30yr tenure + max 65 yr old)

No reason to buy any new launch if you have alot of cash.[/QUOTE]

kane
17-10-12, 10:19
I enjoy reading his articles and books. There is lot of wisdom.
The problem is fundamentally, once you made such a strong call, it is extremely difficult to make a complete U turn.

He has some insightful views no doubt. From an economist standpoint he can analyse the situation to death. But the problem for investors is fundamentals don't drive the market, but money flows does.

Laguna
17-10-12, 10:22
such a cute mistake by Laguna the Invincible.

goes to show that nobody is infallible. lol
小小的错
锦上添花
搏得一笑
值得值得

carbuncle
17-10-12, 10:34
He has some insightful views no doubt. From an economist standpoint he can analyse the situation to death. But the problem for investors is fundamentals don't drive the market, but money flows does.

and sentiments.

radha08
17-10-12, 11:48

No reason to buy any new launch if you have alot of cash.[/quote]

obviously the thousands of people snapping up new launches dont think so...:rolleyes:

Secretariat
17-10-12, 12:03

No reason to buy any new launch if you have alot of cash.

A lot of people look at cash as just cash, instead of a position. When cash is deployed in say, property, that one is taking a position in property price direction.

But undeployed cash is also a position. What is the returns of undeployed cash, viz-a-viz an inflationary environment especially?

Rysk
17-10-12, 12:47

Luckily TWIST & TURN cum DIVERT ATTENTION MR B & YOUNG KOK cum INEXPERIENCE MR SMARIAN been bearish since 2008.. only lost opportuntiy cost for 4-years.. :D

windcar
17-10-12, 13:11
obviously the thousands of people snapping up new launches dont think so...:rolleyes:

One does not need to follow the herd, as the majority of the people are not rich/successful.

The days of flipping new launch is long over, and if they have been keeping track of the prices of LH99 new launch, they would have known that the price of these projects did not increase. Thomson grand price did not increase and D'Leedon did not too. The price increase is an illusion created by newer projects being priced more expensive than older new launches.
The ones who bought older resales, esp FH, last year already have seen paper gains.

cnud
17-10-12, 14:11
One does not need to follow the herd, as the majority of the people are not rich/successful.

The days of flipping new launch is long over, and if they have been keeping track of the prices of LH99 new launch, they would have known that the price of these projects did not increase. Thomson grand price did not increase and D'Leedon did not too. The price increase is an illusion created by newer projects being priced more expensive than older new launches.
The ones who bought older resales, esp FH, last year already have seen paper gains.

:tsk-tsk: Why you say they not rich? They be angry you know?:tongue3:

Lovelle
17-10-12, 14:23
the angmo has been bullish of china the likes of rogers, templeton, etc

but the SSE and HSE havent been recovering. may be it shows that the china market is bottoming...who knows...

windcar
17-10-12, 15:01
:tsk-tsk: Why you say they not rich? They be angry you know?:tongue3:

Ops, I was referring to the majority of Singaporeans. If a person is able to play properties then he must have at least been doing better. All people in this forum should be doing well.

Laguna
18-10-12, 15:29
Well, SKY GREEN sold out in hours....

next to watch
GLS @ Bishan
stay in tune

Werther
18-10-12, 19:19
Well, SKY GREEN sold out in hours....

next to watch
GLS @ Bishan
stay in tune
Hi Laguna

Sky green in macpherson rite? Also sold out? Really...

Laguna
18-10-12, 22:44
Hi Laguna

Sky green in macpherson rite? Also sold out? Really...

No lah! I read this news in the Sky Green thread, and copied the news over.

Called them at about 4pm...still got many units, mainly big ones

kane
18-10-12, 23:01
No lah! I read this news in the Sky Green thread, and copied the news over.

Called them at about 4pm...still got many units, mainly big ones

for a moment, i was stunned to read that project also can sell out so fast. taunting MAS or MND for another round of CM if that's the case.