PDA

View Full Version : 4 more land sales to close Yr 2012

leesg123
20-10-12, 23:54
http://www.squarefoot.com.sg/trends-and-analysis/land-sales

All eyes on Bishan Site! if this is another record breaking, it might help move Sky Habitat to 100% SOLD status faster.

sabian
21-10-12, 01:02
Like that? Will there be CM7 before 2013?

I hope so since every CM boost prices.

DKSG
21-10-12, 01:04
http://www.squarefoot.com.sg/trends-and-analysis/land-sales

All eyes on Bishan Site! if this is another record breaking, it might help move Sky Habitat to 100% SOLD status faster.

It will be named Sky Suites!

DKSG

sabian
21-10-12, 03:00

DKSG
not CM7 Suites?

dtrax
21-10-12, 04:28

DKSG

SkySuites @ Bishan.. too many skysuites liao got one at balestier and another one at tanjong pagar

danntbt
21-10-12, 07:05
SkySuites @ Bishan.. too many skysuites liao got one at balestier and another one at tanjong pagar
Sky Height would be a better description...or 8ight Heaven.

chestnut
21-10-12, 07:44
Bishan's bidded price was 869 psf ppr
Prince Charles price was 950 psf ppr.
Did Bishan's sky habitat cause D'Ledon and Interrace to indirectly move? Didn't, sky, cause all the properties in Singapore suddenly to look 'cheap'?
Don't worry about sky, all of u, prince charles' launch will make everything cheap in the rest of the Singapore.

BTW, both are RCR status. I sometimes get so confused when people in the forum mention bishan as OCR.

If Prince Charles' is at 950 psf ppr, all of u seriously think, bishan new land cannot beat CapLand's bidded pricing?

Food for thought.

I do have any SH unit in my holdings.

lajia
21-10-12, 08:54
Logically speaking, "they" will do their job to make sure that both the land cost would be comparable so that SH will not be seen as too expensive. So min level is expected to be in the same range as SH...:doh:

Just my opinion...:2cents:

Khng8
21-10-12, 09:01
[QUOTE=chestnut]Bishan's bidded price was 869 psf ppr
Prince Charles price was 950 psf ppr.
Did Bishan's sky habitat cause D'Ledon and Interrace to indirectly move? Didn't, sky, cause all the properties in Singapore suddenly to look 'cheap'?
Don't worry about sky, all of u, prince charles' launch will make everything cheap in the rest of the Singapore.

BTW, both are RCR status. I sometimes get so confused when people in the forum mention bishan as OCR.

If Prince Charles' is at 950 psf ppr, all of u seriously think, bishan new land cannot beat CapLand's bidded pricing?

Food for thought.

Interesting that you mentioned this.
I can't understand why is it that Sky Habitat has caused the rest of properties in Singapore to look cheap but not help move D'Leedon and Interlace.
Is it that they have huge number of units in the respective projects or are there other attributes I am missing? I noticed that CapLand finishing is the worst among all the big league developers here.

Also I thought Prince Charles plot is more prime than Bishan so should command higher land cost?

chestnut
21-10-12, 09:17
Interlace is 70% sold.

SH is 26% of total.

So to your question, why so slow. Because of the sheer size of the units which results in huge quantum. This is no good for someone looking for yield. So this is catered mainly to home buyers who wants space and have money.

Find out kepland bid price for the tanah merah site and u will be able to see what is going to happen.

Can the flat prices in bishan fight with the flats in queenstown?

Ringo33
21-10-12, 09:20
I think one of the reason why Capitaland projects are not moving is due to the lousy quality fittings they are using for their apartment. Sometime to the extend that it make their apartment feel like DBSS or EC.

chestnut
21-10-12, 09:32
Bro, bulk of market purchase are occupiers not investors. 80/20 rule. 80% occupiers. How many of this potential occupiers can afford the price? They can only afford it the minute they think it is cheap. Once sky was launched, Thomson grand became cheap and was sold out. :eek: And history will repeat itself till crisis happens and the whole cycle repeats itself again and again and again.

Go squarefoot and check what kind of pricing we talking about.

Oops, need to add. People who bot this can easily do their own upgrade. It is so cheap by their standard comparative to the purchase price.

DC33_2008
21-10-12, 09:39
Bishan Sky?:)
Sky Height would be a better description...or 8ight Heaven.

Kanarazu
21-10-12, 09:47
Bishan Sky?:)

These days plurality is the in thing, such as Skies Miltonia.

carbuncle
21-10-12, 10:10
Bishans Skies then....

DKSG
21-10-12, 10:48
Bishans Skies then....

Maybe its time to move away from the Skies.
Buyers are not aware that everytime they see a "Sky" it means "Super K You"! It means the price is SKY High.

I think new names should surface, stop all these Lofts, Residences, Sky, Suites, Icon nonsense. Go back to the basics. Call this new project BS KING!

DKSG

amk
21-10-12, 10:53
U all miss the real reason Sky Habitat is not moving "fast" enough.
The land price is only 870. There is NO need to sell at 1600 psf to make a profit. CAPL play with this celebrity architect coming out with something that the current market does not accept.
The new plot can always bid > 900 and yet sell cheaper than Sky Habitat and still make a profit.

Moreover CAPL also wants to play the FEO way, that is no need to sell all within a year. How long has Jardin been selling ? In a few yrs time 1600 psf for such a convenient location and big size units will be a rarity, and highly sought after.

DKSG
21-10-12, 11:06
The land price is only 870. There is NO need to sell at 1600 psf to make a profit. CAPL play with this celebrity architect coming out with something that the current market does not accept.
The new plot can always bid > 900 and yet sell cheaper than Sky Habitat and still make a profit.

Moreover CAPL also wants to play the FEO way, that is no need to sell all within a year. How long has Jardin been selling ? In a few yrs time 1600 psf for such a convenient location and big size units will be a rarity, and highly sought after.

AMK got it right I think.

If you are developer, why u rush to see like no tomorrow ?
Land is limited in Sg, after the next Bishan MRT land is sold, there is not much land left there right ?

So in time, prices will go up one.

The question is : how much forward price you are willing to pay.

DKSG

chestnut
21-10-12, 11:19
Thomson grand land price was 533 psf ppr and ave sell price 1300 psf.
land price was 869 psf ppr and ave sell price 1600 psf. This is new bench mark. So profit of cheung kong vs capland any diff. % wise, capland was worst.

Because of their bid price, they had no choice but to get famous architect. If not surely cannot sell.

What is the building cost you add in now. Me I use 450 + 870 = 1320 psf break even. So % margin below 20.

Gillman, they bought so cheap but make so much money. So margin and support them right. D they need to sell quick. Only if they need cash right? Or they deem economy will turn sour, right?

This is like reflection. More margin or quick sale.

You look at ascentia, movement was so slow.... Why, new high so took a while for market to accept. Likewise for SH. I personally feel SH will command premium in future because of star architect. If u all go Barcelona and see Gaudi's works, u will fall in love man.

DC33_2008
21-10-12, 11:23
Look at Clift and Reflection. Still selling after being launched 6 years ago.

chestnut
21-10-12, 11:27
Look at Clift and Reflection. Still selling after being launched 6 years ago.

Bro, u really in market man. Finding gems getting tougher and tougher. I almost give up already. Now just smelling around, if got good deal, then strike.

leesg123
21-10-12, 11:44
Gaudi, Gaffadi, so confusing. Both are world famous.

DC33_2008
21-10-12, 11:45
I lost an opportunity to buy MBS above 40th floor bay view selling at $1900psf during Lehman as i have not got enough ready bullet. Now looking at those projects with unique features.
Bro, u really in market man. Finding gems getting tougher and tougher. I almost give up already. Now just smelling around, if got good deal, then strike.

chestnut
21-10-12, 11:50
I lost an opportunity to buy MBS above 40th floor bay view selling at $1900psf during Lehman as i have not got enough ready bullet. Now looking at those projects with unique features.

Aiyo, I looking around during crisis until I faint. Everyone say price drop, but it never came to me. Sian... Give up and finally bot Clover by the Park in 09 and developer some more remove stamp duty absorption. But this one up > 50% conservatively. Hahaha. Some more my unit damn shiok. >25 floor and facing city. View to a Kill. My retirement home, then will change name to James Bond. Hahahaha

DC33_2008
21-10-12, 11:56
I bought a fire sale 999LH unit in D1 then. It has only gone up 40% but the one at MBS has gone up by 55% (amount to $2million). That is why must be prepared for next correction! :simmering:
Aiyo, I looking around during crisis until I faint. Everyone say price drop, but it never came to me. Sian... Give up and finally bot Clover by the Park in 09 and developer some more remove stamp duty absorption. But this one up > 50% conservatively. Hahaha. Some more my unit damn shiok. >25 floor and facing city. View to a Kill. My retirement home, then will change name to James Bond. Hahahaha

ekl2ekl2
21-10-12, 12:09
I bought a fire sale 999LH unit in D1 then. It has only gone up 40% but the one at MBS has gone up by 55% (amount to $2million). That is why must be prepared for next correction! :simmering:

But based on the recent survey in this forum, majority here do not think there will be a correction in the horizon and now is still the good time to buy.

Many have waited in vain for firesales in the past few years.

Khng8
21-10-12, 13:04
I get tt flats are getting smaller and negate high psf- the quantum is kept 'affordable''.
But there must be a tipping point rt?
It used to be condo is 2x HDB resale at same vicinity.
Queenstown 4 rm resale $700K(eg) than 1,000 sqft condo will be $1.4m.
Prince Charles plot let's say $1.6k psf so $1.6m.
Still ok?

lajia
21-10-12, 13:11
Last time u wait the opportunity cost is lower as the interest rate is much higher and u also have better return from other investments but now, wait means lose money due to faster rate of inflation. And not only that, more foreigners are also buying which drive this price increase.
The developer gives us a very good signal. They are even more forward looking than us and probably they are also in better position to tell if the market is slowing. If one of those new tenders do not attract a good size of bidders, than be careful liao....:o :2cents:

But based on the recent survey in this forum, majority here do not think there will be a correction in the horizon and now is still the good time to buy.

Many have waited in vain for firesales in the past few years.

phantom_opera
21-10-12, 14:26
One month of us debt can buy 240 prince Charles crescent
One month of money printed by us fed can buy 170 prince Charles crescent
Our land cheap or expensive? U decide

amk
21-10-12, 17:23
Because of their bid price, they had no choice but to get famous architect. If not surely cannot sell.

Of course not. To make profit, they could have just done the usual way no fanciful architect and such just plain bedok residence style. Cost much lower. CAPL was kind of under pressure to inject some vibrancy in local architecture scene, plus Liew probably wants some legacy, that's why it ends up with a big name designer. With this their cost jumps. Now it really has to sell 1600, AND with big units, cause big name designer dun do MM.

What is the building cost you add in now. Me I use 450 + 870 = 1320 psf break even.

Therefore a sold out price will be 1500, still comfortably profitable. If with more MMs, margin will be even higher.

Mass market buyers in SG are not ready for designers yet. SH is way ahead of its time.

amk
21-10-12, 17:27

U meant marina bay residences, not marina bay suites , rite ?

kane
21-10-12, 17:37

Do you look over natura loft the dbss?

DC33_2008
21-10-12, 18:37
Yes. Sorry, mistype.
U meant marina bay residences, not marina bay suites , rite ?

chestnut
21-10-12, 19:09
Therefore a sold out price will be 1500, still comfortably profitable. If with more MMs, margin will be even higher.

Mass market buyers in SG are not ready for designers yet. SH is way ahead of its time.

I did not buy. And u are rite. It is way ahead of its time. It wasn't the designer that cost the price to go up. Say give the designer fee at 20 mil divide by 500 unit divide by 1200 sqft ave = $30 per sq foot.

CapLand already started engaging famous archi for interlace, d'leedon.

Differentiate from the rest - marketing.

chestnut
21-10-12, 19:11
Do you look over natura loft the dbss?

No way, they are equally as high. But my view is indeed stunning. Can see flyer and mbs on a clear day. Can see mcRitchie reservoir.

alamak
21-10-12, 19:17
No way, they are equally as high. But my view is indeed stunning. Can see flyer and mbs on a clear day. Can see mcRitchie reservoir.

You need to TOP to confirm if the Great Wall of Toa Payoh (8/9) blocks of 40 - 43 storeys are right in your view of sight !!!

I just use OneMap,sg to draw a st line to from Clover ti MBS and Flyer - confirm blk 79 A - E (40 sty) is right in your view of obstruction !!!

chestnut
21-10-12, 19:36
You need to TOP to confirm if the Great Wall of Toa Payoh (8/9) blocks of 40 - 43 storeys are right in your view of sight !!!

I just use OneMap,sg to draw a st line to from Clover ti MBS and Flyer - confirm blk 79 A - E (40 sty) is right in your view of obstruction !!!
Oh, so sad. But if really block, then I will choose waterview for retirement. If really sian, I may get a 2 bedder in sentosa to retire. Lots of options for me. This for info.

kane
21-10-12, 20:16

Yes it's good. I went up the opposite hdb block top floor lift lobby to recce for the view. Yours should be stack 01.

chestnut
21-10-12, 20:53
Yes it's good. I went up the opposite hdb block top floor lift lobby to recce for the view. Yours should be stack 01.

No, stack 8. This 1 for retirement. Rental quite good. Stack 1 too big for my retirement.

DC33_2008
21-10-12, 21:12
2+1 condo of about 1000plus sqft is a good retirement home. :)
No, stack 8. This 1 for retirement. Rental quite good. Stack 1 too big for my retirement.

chestnut
21-10-12, 21:18
2+1 condo of about 1000plus sqft is a good retirement home. :)

Yup. Clover already about 1.6 mil. Bot at 1 mil. Mine is very high floor. So that's why I said got choices. I can sell clover and get 2 bedder sentosa or any 2 bedder around. But when kids grow big and marry, will take a look at clover. Really love bishan, brought me a lot of luck. My first hdb was in bishan and from then on, everything was smooth. So thinking of going back when retire. Can walk the park. Near amenities. Hahaha:D

chestnut
21-10-12, 21:19
Oh, so sad. But if really block, then I will choose waterview for retirement. If really sian, I may get a 2 bedder in sentosa to retire. Lots of options for me. This for info.

Alamak, wanted to say thks for info, came out this for info.

Bottomline. THANKS.

DC33_2008
21-10-12, 22:21
Good view is always a plus point. Have one unit on 33rd facing the sea and can see flyer and MBS. On a good day can even see the changi airport control tower with no blockage. It is really great at that height.
Yup. Clover already about 1.6 mil. Bot at 1 mil. Mine is very high floor. So that's why I said got choices. I can sell clover and get 2 bedder sentosa or any 2 bedder around. But when kids grow big and marry, will take a look at clover. Really love bishan, brought me a lot of luck. My first hdb was in bishan and from then on, everything was smooth. So thinking of going back when retire. Can walk the park. Near amenities. Hahaha:D

kane
21-10-12, 22:32
Good view is always a plus point. Have one unit on 33rd facing the sea and can see flyer and MBS. On a good day can even see the changi airport control tower with no blockage. It is really great at that height.

Which development?

radha08
21-10-12, 22:39
Which development?

pinnacle...:D:D:D

kane
21-10-12, 22:44
pinnacle...:D:D:D

sure or not, can see until changi airport?

radha08
21-10-12, 22:55
sure or not, can see until changi airport?

joke la bro...:D

kane
21-10-12, 23:53
Actually i think the top floor of orchard resi can look very far. Every tall building i go i am bound to see it towering in the sky.

DKSG
22-10-12, 00:21
In conclusion, everyone here makes LOTSA money and there are indeed plenty of liquidity in the country with the $40B every month crashing our shores.

DKSG

Kanarazu
22-10-12, 00:29
Which development in Singapore can see 3 countries? 8)

kane
22-10-12, 00:33
orchard resi.

DC33_2008
22-10-12, 09:38
Which development?

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/ViewTowardsFlyer_Sentosa-1.jpg

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/ViewTowardsIndoorStadium.jpg

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/DSC03908ControlTower.jpg

condolisa
22-10-12, 10:00
Southbank?

DC33_2008
22-10-12, 10:28
You are right but no prize. :)
Southbank?

condolisa
22-10-12, 10:32
Lucky devil :p

Ringo33
22-10-12, 10:34
southbank is nice, but the neighborhood around it is not so perfect. Kampong glam is a very old and poor neighborhood, with many low inccoe elderly and thais workers hanging around the estate. Not exactly the upmarket type of district.

cnud
22-10-12, 10:57
southbank is nice, but the neighborhood around it is not so perfect. Kampong glam is a very old and poor neighborhood, with many low inccoe elderly and thais workers hanging around the estate. Not exactly the upmarket type of district.

Upmarket or not as long as rental demand and capital appreciation is up up up.. who care? Maybe only the sour grapes..

DC33_2008
22-10-12, 11:02
More photos :

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/Sportshub12_DomeConstruction3.jpg

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/Sportshub10_DomeConstruction.jpg

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/Sportshub1_Night.jpg

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/Sportshub2_Night.jpg

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/Sportshub3_Day_Plan.jpg

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/Sportshub5_Day_Indoor.jpg

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/Sportshub9_IndoorStadium.jpg

cnud
22-10-12, 11:29
Nice! I missed it in 2009 when my wife told me don't touch anything above 1000psf!! :banghead: :banghead:

kane
22-10-12, 12:19
Southbank owners huat until buay lin chu.

DC33_2008
22-10-12, 13:25
Last transacted price was $1904psf for a 614sqft in august 2012.

DKSG
22-10-12, 13:26
What is the opposite name for Sour Grapes ?

There should be a term for people who keep going round to tell people how good their properties are, how smart they are, blah blah ...

We call them what ?

DKSG

dtrax
22-10-12, 13:44
What is the opposite name for Sour Grapes ?

There should be a term for people who keep going round to tell people how good their properties are, how smart they are, blah blah ...

We call them what ?

DKSG

Simple, sweet grapes.

Allthepies
22-10-12, 13:51
Bloated Grapes? :D

Ringo33
22-10-12, 15:13
not being sour grape lah. I happen to visit kampong glam hawker recently. Which is right behind southbank. And I just happened to walk around the surrounding neighborhood.HDB flats there are mainly studio rented flats, cater to people from very low household income and there are many elderly, jobless, or even homeless living in that area. So like i said, for $1900psf, there is no lack of choice for find property will better living environment. This is very similar to Viz at holland, where only a fence separate the CCR private condo to a low income HDB neighborhood..

For southbank at 1900psf, I think it is now a good time to sell as their site has been zoned outside central area, which will have restriction on average unit size. Also once the residential plot are release for development, view and rental will be affected due to the noise.

alamak
22-10-12, 15:37
Bloated Grapes? :D

How How How ..... Lian ..... Lian ...............Lian lah :D :D

radha08
22-10-12, 16:50

hdb can see india china philipines...:D:scared-1:

DKSG
22-10-12, 17:52

You forgot the new influx - Europeans/Americans!

Kanarazu
22-10-12, 21:50

That's a good one.. 8)

DC33_2008
22-10-12, 22:01
Did you observe the large piece of empty land in front of Southbank earmark for development? Did you know why it is rented flat and most of them are lease out to elderly (most of them are at least 70s and older)? Hint: Citylight price did not drop but gone up more when southbank TOP. You will know why people still buy when you know the answers to all these question.:D
not being sour grape lah. I happen to visit kampong glam hawker recently. Which is right behind southbank. And I just happened to walk around the surrounding neighborhood.HDB flats there are mainly studio rented flats, cater to people from very low household income and there are many elderly, jobless, or even homeless living in that area. So like i said, for $1900psf, there is no lack of choice for find property will better living environment. This is very similar to Viz at holland, where only a fence separate the CCR private condo to a low income HDB neighborhood..

For southbank at 1900psf, I think it is now a good time to sell as their site has been zoned outside central area, which will have restriction on average unit size. Also once the residential plot are release for development, view and rental will be affected due to the noise.

DKSG
22-10-12, 23:35
Did you observe the large piece of empty land in front of Southbank earmark for development? Did you know why it is rented flat and most of them are lease out to elderly (most of them are at least 70s and older)? Hint: Citylight price did not drop but gone up more when southbank TOP. You will know why people still buy when you know the answers to all these question.:D

You info outdated lo!
The rentals are now slowing going to younger folks.

The land is already zoned.

DKSG

DC33_2008
23-10-12, 09:28
Think so? Short term measures. HDB have total control of rental flats. It will be worst with leased ones. Has the zoned site been sold? Do you think it will be priced at 7 years ago?
You info outdated lo!
The rentals are now slowing going to younger folks.

The land is already zoned.

DKSG

chestnut
23-10-12, 10:03
Think so? Short term measures. HDB have total control of rental flats. It will be worst with leased ones. Has the zoned site been sold? Do you think it will be priced at 7 years ago?
Bro, there has been a major paradigm shift in the past couple of years. In the early days, everyone wanted pool facing (early 90s). They worried about near hospital, cemetery, etc...
Today, because of affluence, the shift is towards lifestyle. Look at the number of big cars/sports cars on the road. Look at the trips to US/Europe. The demand is now on location and/or view to a kill.

In Singapore, if you can get a view to a kill, better hold on to it. Because it is RARE. I give view more points then near MRT. Others will give a reverse view. Thats why you have market segmentation. If I drive, why I bother about MRT.

When we go house hunting, what do we typically do? For me, see the view shiok or not (for own stay). For investment purchase, look at ROI or/and potential capital gain. Bottomline, you need to know what you want. Difficult/impossible to get everything - cheap, good location, good view, etc..

BTW, I love the view from your condo.

DC33_2008
23-10-12, 10:20
View seems to be prime attribute. Helps also in rental. Was there recently for rental renewal. It has gone up and can get $5.xx for an unfurnished two bedder.
Bro, there has been a major paradigm shift in the past couple of years. In the early days, everyone wanted pool facing (early 90s). They worried about near hospital, cemetery, etc...
Today, because of affluence, the shift is towards lifestyle. Look at the number of big cars/sports cars on the road. Look at the trips to US/Europe. The demand is now on location and/or view to a kill.

In Singapore, if you can get a view to a kill, better hold on to it. Because it is RARE. I give view more points then near MRT. Others will give a reverse view. Thats why you have market segmentation. If I drive, why I bother about MRT.

When we go house hunting, what do we typically do? For me, see the view shiok or not (for own stay). For investment purchase, look at ROI or/and potential capital gain. Bottomline, you need to know what you want. Difficult/impossible to get everything - cheap, good location, good view, etc..

BTW, I love the view from your condo.