PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes don't u think stay in HDB is better?

star
23-10-12, 16:16
In some condo they don't allow u to do alot of things. Like put furnitures in balcony, if u renovate the balcony must put the same tile back, window cannot change etc. Plenty of restriction but of course this depends on management. Sianz.

Draven005
23-10-12, 16:27
Yes, that is true. both got pros and cons. To think positive, condo management is trying to protect the value of the condos, i.e., bring the standard to a higher level. :cheers1:

In some condo they don't allow u to do alot of things. Like put furnitures in balcony, if u renovate the balcony must put the same tile back, window cannot change etc. Plenty of restriction but of course this depends on management. Sianz.

star
23-10-12, 16:39
Sometimes do u have the feeling do i own the balcony or the place. I paid for the balcony not they pay for it.

vip
23-10-12, 16:42
Staying in HDB also have many rules and regulations NOT at owners' discretion: buying, selling, renting, renovation, upgrade, keeping pets, etc.

The word condominum means you are co-owning and co-habitating with other dwellers in the same blocks on the same facilities in the same piece of land. Your right is limited to the number of shares of your unit in the condominum.

Only landed property (both the land and the premise built on top of it) really belongs to you. But of course, the Singapore government is the overall landlord and it can "buy it from you at market price" at any time to make way for other development.

Sleepyhead
23-10-12, 17:11
Depends on what kind of neighbors you get! Whether Condo or HDB, if you get neighbors who are not civic minded, your life will be miserable.

irisng
23-10-12, 17:14

Agree, condo has a lot of restrictions but I think it protects the interest of the residents. For eg. must get permit from the management if you want to shift heavy objects like furnitures (Mon-Fri: time: xx to xx, Sat - half day, Sun - no shifting) and must place a deposit in case during shifting, any parts of the lift is damaged, they will deduct from the deposit. Unlike HDB suka suka, any time also can shift, in the middle of the night also can. No deposit needed. My friend just shifted to a brand new Punggol HDB, the lift really looks like an old lift, it gets knocked everywhere, I think need some "bandages".:doh:

HDB also not allow to change window right, I think there is a standard pattern but why renovate OWN balcony inside your condo also must use back the same pattern of the tile, funny leh.

ilgr
23-10-12, 18:03

??? the management restrict you on the furniture for balcony? what furniture?

PN
23-10-12, 18:07

I think he's referring to some posts made in The Warren thread.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=7307&page=11

fiat500
23-10-12, 18:48
I have seen very huge altars on balconies...
Looks like a small temple..

kane
23-10-12, 20:03
What is their rationale for not allowing some outdoor furniture at the balcony? Then build balcony forwhat??

Komo
23-10-12, 20:44
anything unreasonable can complain to BCA, URA or ? can some authority step in? :mad:

carbuncle
23-10-12, 21:22
I think some put huge storage wardrobes in balcony lol

roly8
23-10-12, 21:35

never know got such restriction..

me is like HDB is because i don't own a car ...so don't need the carpark..
and i don't like paying $250-$500+ monthly fee...

prefer to cut down liability as much as possible :o

radha08
23-10-12, 21:36
hdb>>condo>>landed>>hdb...my journey..:rolleyes:

i just completed the property cycle my humble opinion...live within your means....all type of housing got good and bad points...;)

Kelonguni
23-10-12, 21:43

i just completed the property cycle my humble opinion...live within your means....all type of housing got good and bad points...;)

Ultimate wisdom. Contentment is bliss.:cheers4:

roly8
23-10-12, 21:47
Ultimate wisdom. Contentment is bliss.:cheers4:

simplicity is the style...

oh yea... it's my style~~ :hell-hath-no-fury:

carbuncle
23-10-12, 21:52
save up bullets for your next strike bros!!

pengful
23-10-12, 22:03
When you are older and lazy to walk, you will find a HDB to live. HDB is near food centers, wet markets, provision shops, 4-D shops, etc.

hyenergix
23-10-12, 22:11
HDB is good. Govt takes good care of HDB dwellers compare to pte property dwellers.

Kelonguni
23-10-12, 22:35
When you are older and lazy to walk, you will find a HDB to live. HDB is near food centers, wet markets, provision shops, 4-D shops, etc.

Double support.

sh
24-10-12, 05:07
Actually I find some of the rules in hdb strange. They allow some alterations that adversely affects the estate and yet does not allow some other changes that doesn't affect anyone.

Eg. Windows can be changed: resulting in flats (relatively new) with 1 or 2 differently coloured windows, making the whole block strange looking.

Eg. Why aren't concealed wiring allowed inside the flats. Private apartments have been doing it for years without issue. So what what if you screw up your own wiring. No one other than ourself is going to suffer for it....

Strange....:confused:

radha08
24-10-12, 08:12

4-d shops...:banghead:...ahh last few weeks lost $$$ cos 4d shop walking distance to my flat...:o

zeamybro
24-10-12, 08:31

Yeps for older folks, being near amenities would become significantly more important. Just imagine if u r unwell and need to see the doc or buy some panadols, just take the lift down and walk a few steps to the nearby shops. Or if u hungry and need to buy some bread or food, there are easily available within 5min. And most (if not all) of the time, they are priced cheaper than those found in shopping centres.

Lagi best is if you could stay in a condo which is located near HDB amenities.

CondoWE
24-10-12, 08:35
I think some put huge storage wardrobes in balcony lol
Some even cook at the pes area..:banghead: !

CondoWE
24-10-12, 08:40

My stay start from HDB -> condo -> HDB -> condo (going to) -> landed (dream) to end my property cycle.....:D !

roly8
24-10-12, 09:14
My stay start from HDB -> condo -> HDB -> condo (going to) -> landed (dream) to end my property cycle.....:D !
my one is:

HDB -> Coffin

:ashamed1::ashamed1:

buttercarp
24-10-12, 09:40
my one is:

HDB -> Coffin

:ashamed1::ashamed1:

Btw you old or young?
Why say until liddat?

leesg123
24-10-12, 09:43
Stay hdb got to tolerate people playing football at void deck, tolerate drunkards hanging around void deck, or a bunch of people playing guitars action action rowdy. can handle that?

roly8
24-10-12, 09:56
Btw you old or young?
Why say until liddat?
me is only 30 yr old but my mind is always ah pek's mindset...

just see my sig..

i also do the opposite of what the other 30yr old are doing.. :D

buttercarp
24-10-12, 10:05
me is only 30 yr old but my mind is always ah pek's mindset...

just see my sig..

i also do the opposite of what the other 30yr old are doing.. :D

Oh, only 30 years old, still young.... no need to worry lah.
Can slowly upgrade.

Your signature means you like to take short cut :D ?

roly8
24-10-12, 10:28
Can slowly upgrade.

wah piang... :doh:

not short cut la..

example:
1 large group of people run together.. but the direction they run to is wrong. but no one question about it ... just follow lor.. :p

another example:
singaporean love to join queue...

:D

CondoWE
24-10-12, 10:29
Can slowly upgrade.

Everyone also want to take short cut but some...bang wall :banghead: !

Better go step by step..:D ..

radha08
24-10-12, 12:15
Stay hdb got to tolerate people playing football at void deck, tolerate drunkards hanging around void deck, or a bunch of people playing guitars action action rowdy. can handle that?

This i really hate plus the freaking karang guni who shouts like
Someone tied his balzzzz...

buttercarp
24-10-12, 12:18
This i really hate plus the freaking karang guni who shouts like
Someone tied his balzzzz...

Especially on a quiet Sunday afternoon when you are trying to nap, right?

irisng
24-10-12, 13:20
Lagi best is if you could stay in a condo which is located near HDB amenities.

Thank you, my condo meets the criteria.;) There is a 24 hrs clinic and 24 hrs coffee shop too.

silver023
24-10-12, 13:40
I miss staying in HDB... more lively, more space... there's just a charm in each neighbourhood that's not present in (most) condos

Allthepies
24-10-12, 13:48
wah piang... :doh:

not short cut la..

example:
1 large group of people run together.. but the direction they run to is wrong. but no one question about it ... just follow lor.. :p

another example:
singaporean love to join queue...

:D

+1 Like

I took a different path too, hope it works well. :cheers4: :cheers4:

zeamybro
24-10-12, 14:08
I miss staying in HDB... more lively, more space... there's just a charm in each neighbourhood that's not present in (most) condos

In HDB, I remember when i was just a little kid, my mum would ask my neighbour to babysit me for an hr or so while she go for her marketing. When raining, the neighbour would also knock on our door to alert us to keep our laundry. When my mum was sick, the neighbours would also offer to help us do marketing and water our plants.

For landed living, neighbours would still share and pass food around, but usually the passings are done over the backyard fence, via the maids instead :p

Laguna
24-10-12, 14:35
No matter where we stay during our life time, how rich or how poor u are..
eventually, we all will be at the same place.... :beats-me-man:

buttercarp
24-10-12, 15:12

Do good and bad people go to the same place eventually :o ?

leftfield
24-10-12, 15:24

Do Malay weddings count? :p

Allthepies
24-10-12, 15:30
Do good and bad people go to the same place eventually :o ?

Depends on which belief u believe in......

radha08
24-10-12, 16:36
Especially on a quiet Sunday afternoon when you are trying to nap, right?

urghh actually sat morning 9am...i cannot understand why got no law against this form of blatant noise pollution...that is the nice thing about condo...but of course in the wrong condo the residents can be worse than karang gunis..:scared-1:

radha08
24-10-12, 16:39

this i agree my personal experience shows that people more down to earth living in hdb flat..maybe cos they are simple folks with simple lifestyle so easy to smile and chit chat...unlike those d15 semi-d folks..:D

radha08
24-10-12, 16:40

to get there we all got to up the lorry....:scared-1::D

carbuncle
24-10-12, 17:17
I have experience of staying in slab block and then move to point block. The latter is like private almost, no or very little interaction with neighbours...

Slab block still play with neighbours kids, .... when I was a kid la lol

buttercarp
24-10-12, 17:20
I have experience of staying in slab block and then move to point block. The latter is like private almost, no or very little interaction with neighbours...

Yup point block is the best in terms of privacy.
Everyone just mind their own business.
When I stayed in Bedok South point block during my childhood, I did not even know how my neighbours on the same floor looked like!

auroraborealis
24-10-12, 17:36
For me, it's the "open-concept" void decks that I don't like... No matter which district, sure got some ppl who like to loiter permanently at some blocks

Until hdb blocks design "resident-access only" void decks for individual blocks, then can consider

Facilities can do without... Think sometimes we never use facilities for the whole yr, maintenance fee only like paying for car park

CondoWE
24-10-12, 20:57

Not really....some go up and some go down..:tongue3: !

roly8
24-10-12, 21:34

what is 'slab' and 'point' block? are these condo?:confused:

Shanhz
06-11-12, 08:34

i think normal table and chair for relaxing is okay right?

radha08
06-11-12, 09:29
i think normal table and chair for relaxing is okay right?

depend on ur balcony size...last time my old condo balcony so small can just put one stool but my apt was huge...1500sqft...:doh:..and i am an outdoor person...lucky i stay ground floor...dont care i put chair outside on grass area and sit down..but only got to be careful of falling objects:D

iwantgizmos
06-11-12, 10:07
btw the only annoying thing staying in HDB is having random people knocking on your door frequently.
- e.g. kids asking for donation, door-to-door selling you things, etc.

carbuncle
06-11-12, 13:30
what is 'slab' and 'point' block? are these condo?:confused:

Slab blk

http://www.morrischia.com/david/portfolio/boozy/research/hdb_20flats_20analysis_img_32.png

Point blk

http://www.morrischia.com/david/portfolio/boozy/research/hdb_20flats_20analysis_img_33.png

roly8
06-11-12, 13:52
Thanks alot, uncle!!! A picture worth a thousand words!
:cheers5::cheers5::cheers5::cheers4:

Slab blk

http://www.morrischia.com/david/portfolio/boozy/research/hdb_20flats_20analysis_img_32.png

Point blk

http://www.morrischia.com/david/portfolio/boozy/research/hdb_20flats_20analysis_img_33.png

minority
06-11-12, 14:48
btw the only annoying thing staying in HDB is having random people knocking on your door frequently.
- e.g. kids asking for donation, door-to-door selling you things, etc.

GET a BIG DOG!

Lovelle
06-11-12, 16:22
how abt the hacking of wall when ur neighbour renovate their home ?

ysyap
06-11-12, 17:37
- e.g. kids asking for donation, door-to-door selling you things, etc.There are many other annoying things about staying in HDB. If you drive, you will have people littering your car with fliers daily. If got problem, you call police who will arrive only after 15mins but in condo, u call security guard just nearby. Another big problem that happens in some HDB estates is the lift sometimes come with mysterious urine puddle. Hmmm... the list goes on!

plastic
06-11-12, 21:37
When I lived in HDB, I had covered walkway to the MRT. So even when it rained, I did not need a brolly. Now when it rains, I need to take taxi from MRT to my condo, which is like 1 mins drive. Sometimes the wait for taxi is really long, typical of rainy weather.

minority
07-11-12, 00:03
When I lived in HDB, I had covered walkway to the MRT. So even when it rained, I did not need a brolly. Now when it rains, I need to take taxi from MRT to my condo, which is like 1 mins drive. Sometimes the wait for taxi is really long, typical of rainy weather.

Stop compiling! sell ur PC n move back to HDB then!

carbuncle
07-11-12, 11:07

Da best is PC beside hdb. Close to sheltered walkways n neighbourhood amenities.

CondoWE
07-11-12, 11:34
Or buy another pc that next to the MRT station...but must bear with the noise la..:D :D :D !

CondoWE
07-11-12, 11:34
Or buy another pc that next to the MRT station...but must bear with the noise la..:D :D :D !

draik
07-11-12, 11:40
Choose North-east line or circle line. All underground no noise.

plastic
07-11-12, 12:43
This is not a complain.