PDA

View Full Version : Why North is far?

CondoInterested
26-10-12, 17:15
Why the North must have a Far in front?

Is North very far?

In fact if you cut Singapore into half, one half east and one half west the centre line moving upward is north.

azeoprop
26-10-12, 17:34
Using onemap.com distance measuring tool and using city hall mrt as the "center of Singapore",

Direct straight line distance exceed 17km for Sembawang, Admirality, Woodlands, Marsiling and Kranji MRT.

for the west, only boon lay mrt and beyond exceed 17km

for the east, none of the stations exceed 17km.

So north residential areas are physically far from city hall. :D

Arcachon
26-10-12, 17:44

Is North very far?

In fact if you cut Singapore into half, one half east and one half west the centre line moving upward is north.

When you take a bus, it bring you to east or west before your reach north.

Komo
26-10-12, 17:59
it's ok... keep it that way.. in fact if possible add one more far become "far far north" so lesser people go there :D :D

wind30
26-10-12, 18:05
For north depends on which part of the north you stay.

I think woodlands part is inaccessible partly because of the central catchment area.

Places like YCK and AMK is not that bad. In fact it is probably better than east or west because you can go to East/West/South pretty easily.

If you live in the east, good luck commuting to the west and vice versa.

Komo
26-10-12, 18:18
in this context far north refers to district 25 and 27 which are the northern tips or banks of the island. yes very inaccessible. pls don't go there :D :D

fiat500
26-10-12, 18:33
in this context far north refers to district 25 and 27 which are the northern tips or banks of the island. yes very inaccessible. pls don't go there :D :D
Yes, i agree... Add a 'very' to make it very very inaccessible.
I will listen to your kind advise not to go there for sure! :D

amk
26-10-12, 20:01

Because, err, you are in a forum called "Far North" :cool:
There is another one that called "Central North" :rolleyes:

danntbt
26-10-12, 20:35
.....NS highway and Thomson line coming up......think North will be flooded by Northern neighbor as well.....no need to queue up for bus anymore, hop on train at CIQ in JB and proceed to woodlands, yishun etc.....possibly will be crowded like Jurong Point.....good for business?....but...if its so convenient to cross over, might as well buy those nice condos at HDB price if you stay up North....and vice-versa would be cheaper to shop over there?

its all moot - have to wait and see how we behave when it comes...

CondoInterested
26-10-12, 20:49
Direct straight line distance exceed 17km for Sembawang, Admirality, Woodlands, Marsiling and Kranji MRT.

for the west, only boon lay mrt and beyond exceed 17km
...So why West has no FAR in front?

CondoInterested
26-10-12, 20:55
For north depends on which part of the north you stay.

I think woodlands part is inaccessible partly because of the central catchment area.

Places like YCK and AMK is not that bad. In fact it is probably better than east or west because you can go to East/West/South pretty easily.

If you live in the east, good luck commuting to the west and vice versa.
YS & SBW very far from YCK meh?

I agree north go south or go east or go west is easy.

hyenergix
26-10-12, 20:57
It is the traffic lights and congestion, not the distance. A 100 km can be a nice drive if the traffic is smooth and surrounding is scenic

http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2012/04/best-road-in-the-world-according-to-cnn/

http://www.theaaronloy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/nicoll-jam-lynac.jpg

Komo
26-10-12, 22:08
.....NS highway and Thomson line coming up......think North will be flooded by Northern neighbor as well.....no need to queue up for bus anymore, hop on train at CIQ in JB and proceed to woodlands, yishun etc.....possibly will be crowded like Jurong Point.....good for business?....but...if its so convenient to cross over, might as well buy those nice condos at HDB price if you stay up North....and vice-versa would be cheaper to shop over there?

its all moot - have to wait and see how we behave when it comes...
yap... don't worry, by that time most people would have moved even further up north. despite quite a number of high profile people here everyone is too busy with something else. everything is either done half heartedly, wrongly or nothing done :o

Pro888
26-10-12, 22:33
So why West has no FAR in front?

bcoz not many projects in west, so can lump everything in 1.

North got central north, far north, northeast. Area too big too many projects.

But just this forum segregation lah. Govt planning only north. :D

NorthernStar
26-10-12, 22:35
Bcos this forum believe Singapore property only go north and north. It won't go south:D

Allthepies
26-10-12, 22:49
This is a property website, so probably based on psf, far north region has the lowest psf :D :D :D :D

Anyway it is just peculiar to this website, if u believe in Far North, just buy loh......

Kanarazu
26-10-12, 22:53
Long long time ago Singapore north is very ulu. The sembawang road stretches across undulating terrains where upper thomson road ends all the way to naval base.those people who live 靠北 has to 靠步... Very inconvenient.

Wild Falcon
26-10-12, 23:07
Our planners can't be bothered with the west. South west, central west and north west all called "west" one big area. Haha. I think our planners should split west into 3 parts as well - Southwest (Clementi, West Coast and Jurong), Central west (Hillview, Dairy Farm, Upper Bukit Timah, Bt Batok) and then Northwest (Choa Chu Kang, Lim Chu Kang) etc.

Pro888
26-10-12, 23:12
This is a property website, so probably based on psf, far north region has the lowest psf :D :D :D :D

Anyway it is just peculiar to this website, if u believe in Far North, just buy loh......

Heehee. You're right. That was the reason i got in in 2011. Buy low. Other areas b4 2011.

but now psf have exceeded many other areas and only just the beginning. I dun name lah, then many shoot back again :D I also lazy to reply :D

More to come. :D

Pro888
26-10-12, 23:27
Generally, using city as reference is ok, but one that work, play & stay within that area is ok, rest of the areas are far.

Using more reference points like city & 3 regional ctrs, then north is like south. East & West will have 1 "Far". Going to details, as more ppl staying in the east, we can have more reference locations there, then it will be very unfair to west. :D Never end...

maisonjai
26-10-12, 23:42
East got FAR in front 远东, the project prices are always further North but below the Sky. :cheers6:

Komo
27-10-12, 00:08
far north is really far and closer to the sky. you feel the cloud closer. the rain closer. rainbow nearer. the air fresher:D :D

CondoInterested
27-10-12, 00:52
Didn't know simple question arouse so many interesting answer.

I LIKE the one says Property Price must go North and not South. :D

Super
27-10-12, 01:06
My proposal

1) Up North
2) Down South
3) Go West
4) Turn East

:santana:

Pro888
27-10-12, 01:07
Didn't know simple question arouse so many interesting answer.

I LIKE the one says Property Price must go North and not South. :D

chinese saying

一方水土养一方人一样的米养百样的人

Kanarazu
27-10-12, 06:46
For those who stayed in the far north, with high rise view towards the naval base, did you guys realize you can see the US Independence Day fireworks display during the weekend near jul 4th?

wind30
27-10-12, 07:15
YS & SBW very far from YCK meh?

Actually quite far. YS is because now they only have one entrance to CTE.... always jammed....

SBW MRT to YCKT mrt is almost the distance of YCK MRT to orchard MRT....

phantom_opera
27-10-12, 09:46
that is because you go other directions u drop into water, you go north, there is another further north across the causeway :D

carbuncle
27-10-12, 11:52
Long long time ago Singapore north is very ulu. The sembawang road stretches across undulating terrains where upper thomson road ends all the way to naval base.those people who live 靠北 has to 靠步... Very inconvenient.

Wittyyyyyyyyyy

mantrix
27-10-12, 18:37
Actually quite far. YS is because now they only have one entrance to CTE.... always jammed....

SBW MRT to YCKT mrt is almost the distance of YCK MRT to orchard MRT....

the MRT ride from YCK to Khatib is the longest in Singapore...

Komo
27-10-12, 21:26
the MRT ride from YCK to Khatib is the longest in Singapore...
it's like riding through a long tunnel of nature paradise:D

zzz1
28-10-12, 00:12
For those who stayed in the far north, with high rise view towards the naval base, did you guys realize you can see the US Independence Day fireworks display during the weekend near jul 4th?
Far north got naval base men ? But I do see fire work tho..

Kanarazu
28-10-12, 00:21
Far north got naval base men ? But I do see fire work tho..

Think got some Americans posted there. Otherwise they won't be celebrating jul4 with fireworks.

CondoInterested
29-10-12, 00:15
I thought the FW is on 1 Jul, think all Singaporean guys should know what day...

Sleepyhead
29-10-12, 00:33
I thought the FW is on 1 Jul, think all Singaporean guys should know what day...

hmm.. what day? please share? why I dunno?

mantrix
29-10-12, 09:30
it's like riding through a long tunnel of nature paradise:D

which you may not enjoy when sandwiched in the middle standing up during rush hour...

nav14
29-10-12, 10:31

Actually from some parts of Yishun can see National Day fireworks. The upper floors of those staying at Estuary or SM would definitely be able to see the National Day fireworks.

RCR
29-10-12, 12:30
Actually from some parts of Yishun can see National Day fireworks. The upper floors of those staying at Estuary or SM would definitely be able to see the National Day fireworks.

Really? won't be blocked by the central high rise HDB?

CondoInterested
01-11-12, 20:59
hmm.. what day? please share? why I dunno?You Singaporean and really don't know?

Hint: Some older ones served 2.5 yrs, some younger ones served 2 yrs. After serving, every year must go back 1 time.