PDA

View Full Version : Why 2 bedders sell out fastest...

radha08
27-10-12, 19:52
seems like in a lot of the new launches...2 bedders sell out the fastest:confused:

Wonder why...:confused:

flagship74
27-10-12, 19:54
seems like in a lot of the new launches...2 bedders sell out the fastest:confused:

Affordability..Affordability..Affordability..:D

radha08
27-10-12, 19:57
Affordability..Affordability..Affordability..:D

oh ok...so we must aim for Location Location Location follow by Affordabil...(finger pain liao..:D:D:D

ikan bilis
27-10-12, 20:11
i tot mm faster than 2bdr....:confused:

chestnut
27-10-12, 20:21

Mm is passé, today it is 2 bedder.

phantom_opera
27-10-12, 20:26
sell out fastest is this

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fqgio026ylY/UIpCRkyy0SI/AAAAAAAAAvo/rORGvWoTtQ0/s640/Catarina+Migliorini-Sold-Photo.png

mantrix
27-10-12, 20:38
2 bedders apparently easiest to rent out...they tap into both singles and family markets

A single with more budget will go for 2 room - use one room as study and one for sleeping. Or 2 tenants who are friends. Or a family of 3-4 with a budget.

ikan bilis
27-10-12, 20:57
then developers should build more 550sqft mm 2bdr.... :rolleyes:

Kelonguni
27-10-12, 21:01
2 bedders apparently easiest to rent out...they tap into both singles and family markets

A single with more budget will go for 2 room - use one room as study and one for sleeping. Or 2 tenants who are friends. Or a family of 3-4 with a budget.

Is a 1 + S feasible for the same reasons?

Especially renting - short term arrangement.

leesg123
27-10-12, 22:00

1+s, the S is very odd shape, no door, pointless.

leesg123
27-10-12, 22:09
Mm is passé, today it is 2 bedder.
Bro chestnut, ultimately it is still quantum game. If mm is priced at 6xx, two bedder priced at 8xx, which one will sell first?

Kelonguni
27-10-12, 22:18
1+s, the S is very odd shape, no door, pointless.

This will depend. Have seen those not so odd shape types. Doors can be built, depends on tenant needs.

mantrix
27-10-12, 22:24

well it caters more to singles...can't really tap into family market though

azeoprop
27-10-12, 23:11

Yah 2 bedders are the most flexible for rental. :D Best if you could get those with the 2nd bedroom that can fit a queen sized bed.

Kelonguni
27-10-12, 23:15
well it caters more to singles...can't really tap into family market though

You are right, I think. HK average living space less than us, TFR even lower, at 1.09.

However, some anomalies. There are several v large families that have the smallest living space, how to account?

My relative recently rented out a room to a couple with a kid. If they can live in a single room, surely the 1+ S is comfortable for them? Again, its for short term stay, say 1-2 years.

radha08
27-10-12, 23:23
hmm..now i know why 2br sold out so fast...:D

chestnut
28-10-12, 00:20
Bro chestnut, ultimately it is still quantum game. If mm is priced at 6xx, two bedder priced at 8xx, which one will sell first?

If u ask me, each really has its own market. I do not own any mm nor 2 bedder. I tried to get in on 2 bedder from developer sales but always late.

mm in strategic locations make sense to me. But really, it is difficult to comment when I am not in the game. My units are 3 bedders or 4 bedders. What I can tell u is 4 bedders are more difficult to rent out vs 3 bedders.
In terms of yield, smaller units give better yield than large units. I have a 4 bedder still not rented out after 1 month but I taking my time. No rush at all.

If u ask me, I regretted not getting any mm in the early phase. My mind just could not accept such a small dwelling. If u go Aus, there are so many studios because people move out of parents dwelling and want to stay on their own.

Ringo33
28-10-12, 00:27

Best combo for rental yield and capital appreciation.

kane
28-10-12, 00:40
If u ask me, each really has its own market. I do not own any mm nor 2 bedder. I tried to get in on 2 bedder from developer sales but always late.

mm in strategic locations make sense to me. But really, it is difficult to comment when I am not in the game. My units are 3 bedders or 4 bedders. What I can tell u is 4 bedders are more difficult to rent out vs 3 bedders.
In terms of yield, smaller units give better yield than large units. I have a 4 bedder still not rented out after 1 month but I taking my time. No rush at all.

If u ask me, I regretted not getting any mm in the early phase. My mind just could not accept such a small dwelling. If u go Aus, there are so many studios because people move out of parents dwelling and want to stay on their own.

mm good for rental but i think you have gotten much better returns from the capital appreciation of your 3&4 beds.

chestnut
28-10-12, 00:51
mm good for rental but i think you have gotten much better returns from the capital appreciation of your 3&4 beds.

If u bot 4 bedder in 2005 and 3 mm. The capital gain would be similar but rental yield on mm is a lot better. But in reality, very difficult to just go in and swoop 3 units of mm. So, agreeable.

kane
28-10-12, 01:14
If u bot 4 bedder in 2005 and 3 mm. The capital gain would be similar but rental yield on mm is a lot better. But in reality, very difficult to just go in and swoop 3 units of mm. So, agreeable.

mm's bid offer is typically pretty tight but 3/4 beds you get the outside chance of a crazy bid because a rich family craves what you have to offer. 豪宅 is a term they use in HK to describe one of two things, high psf or, more traditionally, large built ins or land.

leesg123
28-10-12, 02:15

Ever consider renting out your 4 bedder as rooms instead whole unit?

chestnut
28-10-12, 05:27
mm's bid offer is typically pretty tight but 3/4 beds you get the outside chance of a crazy bid because a rich family craves what you have to offer. 豪宅 is a term they use in HK to describe one of two things, high psf or, more traditionally, large built ins or land.

I have seen what happened w property cycle. There was once in 2007 or something, the psf of large units were high, because it was 'rare'.

But indeed 4 bedders which are about 2000 sq ft will be rare in the future.

chestnut
28-10-12, 05:31
Ever consider renting out your 4 bedder as rooms instead whole unit?

Bro, when u rent out as rooms, you actually get more rental. This I am aware. You can even apply this on a 3 bedder. Instead of 4k, u can get 4.5k.

But I prefer convenience and I also want a family who can take care of my unit.

:)

ilgr
28-10-12, 10:04
how about resale of 4BR? easy to sell, fetch a good sum?

irisng
28-10-12, 10:14
With 2 bedded, can we knock down the wall between the 2 rooms (if it is not the main "pillar") and seal up the door of 1 room (with brick) so that the other room is bigger?

chestnut
28-10-12, 10:43
I converted my 4 bedder into a 3 bedder. In fact, the developer converted it for me based n my wish.
Even for my hdb in the early days - 20 yrs ago, I bit into one of the room and knocked the wall to make a walk in cabinet. Submitted plan to hdb for approval before doing it.

With 2 bedded, can we knock down the wall between the 2 rooms (if it is not the main "pillar") and seal up the door of 1 room (with brick) so that the other room is bigger?

ikan bilis
28-10-12, 10:45
I converted my 4 bedder into a 3 bedder. In fact, the developer converted it for me based n my wish.

that's better bcoz no need to redo the flooring.... ;)

chestnut
28-10-12, 10:48
that's better bcoz no need to redo the flooring.... ;)

I even raised the false ceiling to super high, of course developer did it. But that was in 2005/6. During that time, they were so accommodating and even allowed u to negotiate. That was the first time in my life I negotiated for price of condo from developer. Hahahaha. :)

amk
28-10-12, 10:56
chestnut and I probably belong to an older group of investors who had never bought MMs, or even 2bds. The old idea was, the pty you bought must be good enough for yourselves to stay in. Today time has changed.

kane
28-10-12, 11:02
I have seen what happened w property cycle. There was once in 2007 or something, the psf of large units were high, because it was 'rare'.

But indeed 4 bedders which are about 2000 sq ft will be rare in the future.
exactly. it's happened before and it will happen again.

chestnut
28-10-12, 11:05
chestnut and I probably belong to an older group of investors who had never bought MMs, or even 2bds. The old idea was, the pty you bought must be good enough for yourselves to stay in. Today time has changed.

Hahaha, wa, exactly. If I cannot stay in it, I always thot others cannot. But I changing my idealogy. My last pit stop is a 2 bedder for my retirement home whereby, if any of the kids quarrel w spouse, can always come back to stay w us for a while. Hopefully it doesn't happen. Hahahaha.

Bro, every time I go showflat, I always open mouth with shock at the size. Sometime I think I am 'snow white in the dwarf's house'.

Laguna
28-10-12, 11:10
I am looking for a 5 bedders..so I can put entire family together....

amk
28-10-12, 11:16
Hahaha, wa, exactly. If I cannot stay in it, I always thot others cannot. But I changing my idealogy. My last pit stop is a 2 bedder for my retirement home whereby, if any of the kids quarrel w spouse, can always come back to stay w us for a while. Hopefully it doesn't happen. Hahahaha.

I have an expensive hobby that needs a room by itself, so my retirement home also cannot be 2bd... What to do, haven't reached that yet, still have to work hard ...

Laguna 5bd ? Tell u this real story, when UOL was selling their Meadows project in Upper Thomson (next to Teacher's Estate), the marketing manager was SO worried no one will buy its 5bd units ("at this price can buy landed already, why a condo"), he decided to build a very nice 5bd show flat. Result ? All 5bds were sold out within a week ! And that was in 2009.

chestnut
28-10-12, 11:16

Bro/sis, u steady... I can't wait for my 3 little birds to spread their wings and build their own nest. And here I see, you want to make a big nest to house more birds.

chestnut
28-10-12, 11:18
I have an expensive hobby that needs a room by itself, so my retirement home also cannot be 2bd... What to do, haven't reached that yet, still have to work hard ...

Laguna 5bd ? Tell u this real story, when UOL was selling their Meadows project in Upper Thomson (next to Teacher's Estate), the marketing manager was SO worried no one will buy its 5bd units ("at this price can buy landed already, why a condo"), he decided to build a very nice 5bd show flat. Result ? All 5bds were sold out within a week ! And that was in 2009.

U should see the 5 bedder penthouse in clover. Regret not getting. Why? Because I am not a visual person. Never knew the park would be so beautiful.

Laguna
28-10-12, 11:21
Bro/sis, u steady... I can't wait for my 3 little birds to spread their wings and build their own nest. And here I see, you want to make a big nest to house more birds.

Anyway, my both children have already put upfront that they will not want to stay with me and they also tell me which property they want to stay in as well. (terrible)

But, when my grandchildren come, they will all come back, for breakfast, for dinner, for baby sitting, for transport....

Laguna
28-10-12, 11:22

yes, their 5 bedroom is nice, the archi at Bedok also very very nice.

kane
28-10-12, 11:22
the bishan park is best enjoyed at the mid floors no? at 30 over floors, doesn't it start to feel like a patch of grass?

chestnut
28-10-12, 11:24
the bishan park is best enjoyed at the mid floors no? at 30 over floors, doesn't it start to feel like a patch of grass?

Actually best enjoyed from 4 - 8 floor. But penthouse is super windy and no blockage at all.

chestnut
28-10-12, 11:26
Anyway, my both children have already put upfront that they will not want to stay with me and they also tell me which property they want to stay in as well. (terrible)

But, when my grandchildren come, they will all come back, for breakfast, for dinner, for baby sitting, for transport....

Wah, my kids ask us and we :scared-5:

Taking care of my 3 kids I fainted liao. Now they say, we should discipline the kids like we did them. I :doh: . I want to be spoil and pamper, rite.

kane
28-10-12, 11:34
Wah, my kids ask us and we :scared-5:

Taking care of my 3 kids I fainted liao. Now they say, we should discipline the kids like we did them. I :doh: . I want to be spoil and pamper, rite.

grandparents will always spoil the grandchildren. and the parents have to do the job of reigning the kids back in.

kane
28-10-12, 11:35
Actually best enjoyed from 4 - 8 floor. But penthouse is super windy and no blockage at all.
4 floor for such a big park could be too low. 8, sounds about right. plus auspicious number. ha.

zeamybro
28-10-12, 11:50
Parc Centro 5br were sold out within 20min or so I think ....

irisng
28-10-12, 12:25
Even for my hdb in the early days - 20 yrs ago, I bit into one of the room and knocked the wall to make a walk in cabinet. Submitted plan to hdb for approval before doing it.

Thank you. Did you seal up the converted bedroom door or leave it as it is.

chestnut
28-10-12, 13:14
Thank you. Did you seal up the converted bedroom door or leave it as it is.

The door is sealed. There is only 1 door. That's what wifey wanted

irisng
28-10-12, 14:15
The door is sealed. There is only 1 door. That's what wifey wanted

Thank you.

chestnut
28-10-12, 14:22
Thank you.

Sis, things to look out for if u do this-
1. Finding tenant to rent may get tougher. 2 room become 1, price most probably drop.
2. Selling it in future also tough as unique pool of buyer. Unless u redo it back to original..

I did it for long term. Told wifey, in future when we move out, just redo back to normal. So u must be prepared to write off renovation for the rooms.

irisng
28-10-12, 14:41
Sis, things to look out for if u do this-
1. Finding tenant to rent may get tougher. 2 room become 1, price most probably drop.
2. Selling it in future also tough as unique pool of buyer. Unless u redo it back to original..

I did it for long term. Told wifey, in future when we move out, just redo back to normal. So u must be prepared to write off renovation for the rooms.

But if the buyer likes the design, then we can leave it right? Would you mind to share how you seal up your HDB door?

chestnut
28-10-12, 14:50
But if the buyer likes the design, then we can leave it right? Would you mind to share how you seal up your HDB door?

For hdb, I did not seal the door. I actually had a walk in closet that bite into the other room. S the adjacent room was smaller. But u need hdb approval for this.

For my private, my 4 room is now 3 room. But the place is 2000 sq ft w terrace.

CondoSeeker2012
28-10-12, 15:21

Hi experts, can you explain what mm is?

I sense something to do with a 1 bdr or studio?

taggy
28-10-12, 15:28
Hi experts, can you explain what mm is?

I sense something to do with a 1 bdr or studio?

Mm is to do with Disneyland :D

Kelonguni
28-10-12, 15:31

Predominant housing type in Disneyland.

carbuncle
28-10-12, 16:23
U guys r horrible... Bully newbie.

MM stands for Minister Mentor.

CondoSeeker2012
28-10-12, 16:27

Haha, this forum is good. Yes thank you, I get it already... :cheers4:

DC33_2008
28-10-12, 16:29
Get a semiD or detached house. Safe for your grandchildren to play in the garden and can park least two cars. Existing condos already have problem with two the second car. You will have problem with carparks.

Laguna
28-10-12, 16:44
Get a semiD or detached house. Safe for your grandchildren to play in the garden and can park least two cars. Existing condos already have problem with two the second car. You will have problem with carparks.

In fact, I am planning to buy 3 units in the same condo for all of us to stay in. I think condo is better for kids. And I must have a good lap pool, 50m lap

DC33_2008
28-10-12, 16:47
Depends on the profile of the condos. :)
In fact, I am planning to buy 3 units in the same condo for all of us to stay in. I think condo is better for kids. And I must have a good lap pool, 50m lap

Laguna
28-10-12, 16:55
Depends on the profile of the condos. :)

The Seaview, 1 km to Tao Nan
but now is totally beyond reach for 3 units

DC33_2008
28-10-12, 17:00
Got friend who purchased a place less than 0.5km from the school and still did not get it. Unless your kids are alumni then worth trying. Mission school better bet.
The Seaview, 1 km to Tao Nan
but now is totally beyond reach for 3 units

buttercarp
28-10-12, 17:06

Yup, condo definitely better for kids, especially if they have not reached secondary school yet and even especially so if their schoolmates are from the same school.
Also good for the parents networking.

DC33_2008
28-10-12, 17:12
Parents network can become gossip and political. My spouse was so fed up when she was active in some school programs when my kids were in primary school.
Yup, condo definitely better for kids, especially if they have not reached secondary school yet and even especially so if their schoolmates are from the same school.
Also good for the parents networking.

Laguna
28-10-12, 17:21
Got friend who purchased a place less than 0.5km from the school and still did not get it. Unless your kids are alumni then worth trying. Mission school better bet.

u frn did not get the right network.

I got a friend, registering her daughter for the school. The school checked on the priority, she just answered : call XXX and check....cool

DC33_2008
28-10-12, 17:26
Wow. Your friend must have high level connection. Thought system is quite transparent. More difficult with all the recent cases of civil servant.
u frn did not get the right network.

I got a friend, registering her daughter for the school. The school checked on the priority, she just answered : call XXX and check....cool

Laguna
28-10-12, 17:31
Wow. Your friend must have high level connection. Thought system is quite transparent. More difficult with all the recent cases of civil servant.

this was 22 years back

DC33_2008
28-10-12, 17:36
Last time can even ask the internal staff to queue overnight to get a small queue no. Of course with a fee. :D
this was 22 years back

Laguna
28-10-12, 17:37
Last time can even ask the internal staff to queue overnight to get a small queue no. Of course with a fee. :D

haha, I registered my girl offline even...

irisng
28-10-12, 17:37
For hdb, I did not seal the door. I actually had a walk in closet that bite into the other room. S the adjacent room was smaller. But u need hdb approval for this.

For my private, my 4 room is now 3 room. But the place is 2000 sq ft w terrace.

Thank you.

chestnut
28-10-12, 17:41
Thank you.

You are welcome. Just woke up from my afternoon nap. :D

irisng
28-10-12, 17:44
Haha, this forum is good. Yes thank you, I get it already... :cheers4:

Haha, they are so humorous. When I was new, I also raised the same question, someone told me that it stands for "Mickey Mouse".:p

chestnut
28-10-12, 17:47
Haha, they are so humorous. When I was new, I also raised the same question, someone told me that it stands for "Mickey Mouse".:p

Huh, :confused: so what you think mm stands for?

radha08
29-10-12, 04:01

oops....must have been...me..:D

irisng
29-10-12, 07:50
Huh, :confused: so what you think mm stands for?

Hmm, MM stands for Mickey Mouse unit lor. :p

Sleepyhead
29-10-12, 09:03

not 'mass market'?

Sea Esta
29-10-12, 11:03
MM also is Mass Media. :)

iwantgizmos
29-10-12, 11:10
MM also stands for Millimetre.
Heh heh

CondoWE
29-10-12, 12:33
Market Melt..:doh:

Laguna
29-10-12, 14:37
Man and Money

buttercarp
29-10-12, 15:06
m = mille - in latin means 1000
so mm = 1000 x 1000 = 1 million

Go ask bro mcm........
Kinda miss him.......
Don't know where is he now?

chestnut
29-10-12, 20:27

OIC, I always thot it was Minnie Mouse.. Because things always get named after a woman. Say hurricane Katrina, etc.... We were taught that in English lesson in school. Hahaha. Can u remember. Oops, u quite young hor.

Just joking.... U are rite.

Kelonguni
29-10-12, 21:22
OIC, I always thot it was Minnie Mouse.. Because things always get named after a woman. Say hurricane Katrina, etc.... We were taught that in English lesson in school. Hahaha. Can u remember. Oops, u quite young hor.

The ultimate: it stands for Multi-Millionaire!

chestnut
29-10-12, 21:44
The ultimate: it stands for Multi-Millionaire!

Hahaha. Last time Maylea mm only 300k+. Buy 3, now definitely multi millionaire. Good one.

irisng
29-10-12, 22:29

Oops, I'm going to retire soon and tell you 1 thing, I seldom pay attention in class, always day dreaming. I had returned all my knowledge to the school already. :ashamed1:

chestnut
29-10-12, 22:33
Oops, I'm going to retire soon and tell you 1 thing, I seldom pay attention in class, always day dreaming. I had returned all my knowledge to the school already. :ashamed1:

Huh, so good ah. Me too. Max 2 1/2 year. Hopefully 1 year. Depends on wife. Now waiting at mbf waiting for her. Wa Lao. 1 hr already. Hopefully I don't get killed by CO in car. Must test your chemistry.hahah:cheers3:

irisng
29-10-12, 22:42
Huh, so good ah. Me too. Max 2 1/2 year. Hopefully 1 year. Depends on wife. Now waiting at mbf waiting for her. Wa Lao. 1 hr already. Hopefully I don't get killed by CO in car. Must test your chemistry.hahah:cheers3:

I thought you are still young like most of the other forummers.:o

chestnut
29-10-12, 23:04
I thought you are still young like most of the other forummers.:o

Huh? I tot all Lao Kok Kok :scared-4:

I under 50 la. So considered old or not?

ekl2ekl2
29-10-12, 23:24
Huh? I tot all Lao Kok Kok :scared-4:

I under 50 la. So considered old or not?

50 is considered middle age. Old is> 65 yrs.
Life must be good to retire at 50.

chestnut
29-10-12, 23:39
50 is considered middle age. Old is> 65 yrs.
Life must be good to retire at 50.

Honest, having financial freedom is so important - at least to me. I suffered leh, u only see the end result. I was first to married among my friends. First to get kids. All my friends all partying and laughing at me. Now, I look at them, their kids still in primary school I :doh: . Then they tell me should have followed me.

3C
31-10-12, 23:07
To me MM stands for Makes Money.
Beauty of MM.

irisng
02-11-12, 20:37
All my friends all partying and laughing at me. Now, I look at them, their kids still in primary school I :doh: . Then they tell me should have followed me.

So did you laugh at them now?:cool:

先苦后甜:p.

roly8
03-11-12, 12:46
Honest, having financial freedom is so important - at least to me. I suffered leh, u only see the end result. I was first to married among my friends. First to get kids. All my friends all partying and laughing at me. Now, I look at them, their kids still in primary school I :doh: . Then they tell me should have followed me.

at what age did you get marry?

me is at the marriage stage :mad:
hate it when i see property price nowadays :simmering:

chestnut
03-11-12, 12:55

Bro, I tell u honestly, time of year born and time to get married important. Timing leh. U see, if you about to marry 6 years ago, LL, buy any props, now make like crazy, rite. First property difficult to time. Only luck - that is for those married house, hor.

How old are u?

roly8
03-11-12, 13:19
Bro, I tell u honestly, time of year born and time to get married important.

care to explain more :o

How old are u?

30yr old :beats-me-man::beats-me-man:

chestnut
03-11-12, 13:22

Bro, I tot I explain liao.

Say if you born 6 yr earlier and agent married at 60. That would bring u to 2006 right? That's the time to buy your prop right. Then fast forward to 2012, u would be saying, wa, my unit doubled Liao.

carbuncle
03-11-12, 16:00
To me MM stands for Makes Money.
Beauty of MM.

Super Like

DKSG
03-11-12, 18:46

Quickly cheong liao lor !
Still waiting for what ?
Didnt u hear what Mr Quek says ?

"If you dont buy TODAY, you will have to pay more TOMORROW!"

And the TOMORROW will be the day he launched his SouthBeach!

Once this Beach gets launched, you will no longer need to ask whether you shld buy a PC or not, coz that will suddenly be out of reach!

Many has suffered this fate, dont be one of them!

DKSG
PS : I dont have anything to sell to you, so not vested in this way.

auroraborealis
03-11-12, 20:39
Do u have a marriage partner or still looking? If u have some savings, mayb can consider buying a property 1st while looking for a partner... If u are planning marriage soon, then just buy else where got roof over?

carbuncle
03-11-12, 20:51
Quickly cheong liao lor !
Still waiting for what ?
Didnt u hear what Mr Quek says ?

"If you dont buy TODAY, you will have to pay more TOMORROW!"

And the TOMORROW will be the day he launched his SouthBeach!

Once this Beach gets launched, you will no longer need to ask whether you shld buy a PC or not, coz that will suddenly be out of reach!

Many has suffered this fate, dont be one of them!

DKSG
PS : I dont have anything to sell to you, so not vested in this way.

come on office boy, we are all vested.
If we own any property, we like to see prices cheong even if just on paper.... And price can only go up with demand (people buying).

chestnut
03-11-12, 21:00
Bro, I tot I explain liao.

Say if you born 6 yr earlier and agent married at 60. That would bring u to 2006 right? That's the time to buy your prop right. Then fast forward to 2012, u would be saying, wa, my unit doubled Liao.

Sorri, my post a bit mixed up.

Say if you born 6 yr earlier and get married at 30. That would bring u to 2006 right? That's the time to buy your prop right. Then fast forward to 2012, u would be saying, wa, my unit doubled.

I think there is upside but small upside. The big money was in 2006. Now, if you want to go in, must go in with eyes big, big.

BTW, I stopped all my purchase already. Only if good buy, then I will go in.

:scared-5:

hyenergix
03-11-12, 21:46
Wealth transfer from west to east. Until inflation cancels off e cost advantage. Good indication of this potential is in GDP per capital