PDA

View Full Version : Duo Residences,99LH, M+S Pte Ltd [Ophir-Rochor]

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

zeamybro
05-11-13, 17:27
This will invite a bit of discussion:

DUO prices updates!

Prices for first day sales (19th floor and below)
Studio: $930k to $1.18m
1BR: $1.1m to $1.5m
1BR + S: $1.3m to $1.55m
2BR: $1.6m to $1.8m
2BR + S: $1.85m to $2.16m

*Lowest price for each unit type does not mean lowest floor.

Comments? :)

Stack 8 level 3 and 4 are bigger than level 5 onwards. So i guess the cheapest unit for stack 8 is level 5? Haha....

bargain hunter
05-11-13, 18:14
i can understand the difference in prices for most of the categories. but for the 1.5m 1 bedder, its a bit ridiculous. which 1 bedder at #19 and below can be so attractive until cost 1.5m?

This will invite a bit of discussion:

DUO prices updates!

Prices for first day sales (19th floor and below)
Studio: $930k to $1.18m
1BR: $1.1m to $1.5m
1BR + S: $1.3m to $1.55m
2BR: $1.6m to $1.8m
2BR + S: $1.85m to $2.16m

*Lowest price for each unit type does not mean lowest floor.

Comments? :)

minority
05-11-13, 19:27
its way to much when u compare with SB or City lights further down the road.

star
05-11-13, 21:02
I rather buy Alex residence.

sunboy77
05-11-13, 21:15
Can't see the comparison.
It's as irrelevant as saying "for the price of an Orchard Residences, I rather buy a bungalow at Seletar".

sunboy77
05-11-13, 21:20
i can understand the difference in prices for most of the categories. but for the 1.5m 1 bedder, its a bit ridiculous. which 1 bedder at #19 and below can be so attractive until cost 1.5m?

Haha. What if we interprete the $1.5m 1BR as on the 19th floor, guaranteed unblocked view towards Kallang Bay and Kallang River, at just $2080 psf? :)

star
05-11-13, 21:24
$1.5m it's too much. Add abit can buy two units Alex residence.
Alex residence located at redhill quite near orchard.
But someone said i compare orchard with seletar. Lolx

sunboy77
05-11-13, 21:32
$1.5m it's too much. Add abit can buy two units Alex residence.
Alex residence located at redhill quite near orchard.
But someone said i compare orchard with seletar. Lolx

Sorry my bad. I didn't know Redhill's location is as prime as downtown core.
Ya. $1.5m I can buy 3 units of Redhill HDB too if law allows.

bargain hunter
05-11-13, 21:37
19th floor cannot guarantee unblock views towards kallang bay and kallang river.

at best pocket view.

concourse, golden mile, key point r all higher than 19 storeys leh.

this kind of view where got shiok?

Haha. What if we interprete the $1.5m 1BR as on the 19th floor, guaranteed unblocked view towards Kallang Bay and Kallang River, at just $2080 psf? :)

sunboy77
05-11-13, 21:45
19th floor cannot guarantee unblock views towards kallang bay and kallang river.

at best pocket view.

concourse, golden mile, key point r all higher than 19 storeys leh.

this kind of view where got shiok?

GPGT:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/jeje008/Stack9-1_zpsba34734b.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeje008/media/Stack9-1_zpsba34734b.jpg.html)

Unblocked view towards Kallang River.

star
05-11-13, 21:48
Sorry my bad. I didn't know Redhill's location is as prime as downtown core.
Ya. $1.5m I can buy 3 units of Redhill HDB too if law allows.

Relax lah i just joking. Don't take my words too hard. Cheers.

sunboy77
05-11-13, 21:50
Relax lah i just joking. Don't take my words too hard. Cheers.

Cheers mate. :)

sunboy77
05-11-13, 21:57
Anyway despite the very attractive $psf, I do agree that $1.5m is too much for many buyers to swallow. We are on the ground every day and we know that most buyers (probably 70%?) will fall out once the prices touch $1.3m. Not to mention that far far away $1.5m.

$1.5m for a high-floor 721 sqft, I would still say the $psf is attractive. But the quantum is not la. Many can't get loan...

So looks like it really won't be a one-day sellout anymore, largely due to the big floor areas...

bargain hunter
05-11-13, 22:06
thanks for the pic.

perhaps, i'm more demanding. seeing park royal, 2 towers of concourse so near and between keypoint (25 storeys at least) and golden mile tower (19 storey before the 2 protruding out towers) doesn't really impress me enough to pay 1.5m for it. :ashamed1:

sunboy77
05-11-13, 22:16
thanks for the pic.

perhaps, i'm more demanding. seeing park royal, 2 towers of concourse so near and between keypoint (25 storeys at least) and golden mile tower (19 storey before the 2 protruding out towers) doesn't really impress me enough to pay 1.5m for it. :ashamed1:

Actually it is interesting to know that Golden Mile is 19 storeys high. I didn't know that...

bargain hunter
05-11-13, 22:25
there are 2 golden miles. the golden mile complex which is the "step like" iconic one is shorter. the golden mile tower which is the office block between golden mile complex and concourse is 19 storeys high.

Actually it is interesting to know that Golden Mile is 19 storeys high. I didn't know that...

sunboy77
05-11-13, 22:29
its way to much when u compare with SB or City lights further down the road.
Huh? Buay sai la. How can compare DUO with Southbank or Citylights? Mega integrated development, 2 MRT lines just below, abundance of amenities literally at doorstep, smacked right in the centre of the Ophir-Rochor Growth Area as set out in the URA plans.

Closer comparison must be South Beach Residences just one junction down right?

sunboy77
05-11-13, 22:30
there are 2 golden miles. the golden mile complex which is the "step like" iconic one is shorter. the golden mile tower which is the office block between golden mile complex and concourse is 19 storeys high.
Oh! Pardon my ignorance. Good to know!

august
05-11-13, 22:35

cannot compare. Redhill is a different league.

newbie11
05-11-13, 23:13
2k psf can buy mm at Devonshire FH

star
06-11-13, 00:31
cannot compare. Redhill is a different league.

If u pay $1.5m how much can u rent out?
If add abit more buy alex residence two units, capital appreciation and yield will be better. Just my view. Cheers.

bargain hunter
06-11-13, 08:50
just being cheeky:

cannot compare. FH mm is a different league.

LOL. but true.

2k psf can buy mm at Devonshire FH

bargain hunter
06-11-13, 08:51
but there's still the 1.1m 1 bedder or even the 930k studio to fight with the alex's 760k one leh. if u compare the lowest quantum then DUO more attractive?

If u pay $1.5m how much can u rent out?
If add abit more buy alex residence two units, capital appreciation and yield will be better. Just my view. Cheers.

smellyfish
06-11-13, 09:01
1 hermes bag can buy 3 chanel bags, 1 channel bag can buy 2 LV bags.
to the raffles place female RM, she needs to think very long which one to buy, to the indon tai tai or jamie chua, they dont even blink eye forking out 20k for a hermes.

it takes all kind of product and buyers to keep the market healthy:D

hopeful
06-11-13, 09:21
1 hermes bag can buy 3 chanel bags, 1 channel bag can buy 2 LV bags.
to the raffles place female RM, she needs to think very long which one to buy, to the indon tai tai or jamie chua, they dont even blink eye forking out 20k for a hermes.

it takes all kind of product and buyers to keep the market healthy:D

do the indon tai tai or jamie chua blink eye buying super-luxury properties?

smellyfish
06-11-13, 09:27
do the indon tai tai or jamie chua blink eye buying super-luxury properties?

to quote Teo Chee Hian "what do you think?"

hopeful
06-11-13, 09:39
to quote Teo Chee Hian "what do you think?"

i am quoting the student :)

star
06-11-13, 10:00
It's all about quantum and rental yield.
Tai Tai can buy without brain.

smellyfish
06-11-13, 10:07
i am quoting the student :)

haha. good one. need to counter with a Col Jessep's quote

you want the truth, YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!

hopeful
06-11-13, 10:30
haha. good one. need to counter with a Col Jessep's quote

you want the truth, YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!

very OT: a few versions of "you cant handle the truth" meme about ben bernanke

http://www.businessinsider.com/code-red-world-2013-10
You want the truth? You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has unfathomably intricate economies, and those economies and the banks that are at their center have to be guarded by men with complex models and printing presses. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Mauldin? Can you even begin to grasp the resources we have to use in order to maintain balance in a system on the brink?

I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom! You weep for Savers and creditors, and you curse the central bankers and quantitative easing. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that the destruction of savers with inflation and low rates, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves jobs and banks and businesses and whole economies!

You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that central bank! You need me on that Committee! Without our willingness to silently serve, deflation would come storming over our economic walls and wreak far worse havoc on an entire nation and the world. I will not let the 1930s and that devastating unemployment and loss of lives repeat themselves on my watch.

We use words like "full employment," "inflation," "stability." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline!

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very prosperity that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just say "Thank you," and go on your way.

http://www.theburningplatform.com/2011/02/28/a-few-good-bankers/
Son, we live in a world that has Wall Street bankers, and those bankers have to be enriched by men with printing presses. Who’s gonna do it? You? You, Representative Ryan?

I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the Middle Class, and you curse the Federal Reserve. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the US Dollar’s death, while tragic, probably enriched Wall Street bankers. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, benefits Wall Street bankers.

You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at Tea Parties, you want me on that printing press, you need me on that printing press.

We use words like debasement, inflation, systematic risk. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending banking interests. You use them as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very excess liquidity that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a computer terminal, and create a few trillion dollars. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

sunboy77
06-11-13, 13:04
The $1.1m or $1.2m 1BR at DUO is likely to have a better rental yield than a $760k 1BR at Alex. 1BR at the boutique development Dorsett Residences is already doing $4,950 on last 6-months average (URA data).
DUO vs Alex? Location different league, status different league, amenities different league, development type different league, even floor areas also different league. Frankly I don't even know why Alex should be in the discussion of DUO anyway.

If die die have to compare DUO and Alex, a closer comparison with Alex's 1BR is actually the studio units at DUO - all less than 500 sqft. $930k to $1.18m for DUO studios vs $760k for Alex. Dorsett and The Clift are doing $4k to $4.2k on average for their studios.

Ok, let's just assume DUO is in the same league as Dorsett, and I take the lower range of the average rental of Dorsett, and assuming I bought the most expensive studio of DUO, rental yield is still near 4.1% (at least!) for DUO. And everyone knows that Dorsett is just a small, boutique development.

Redhill condos? URA data says 2.9% to 3.6% for Ascentia Sky, 3.3% to 3.9% for Metropolitan.

So quite obvious the rental yield of DUO is a different world with Alex altogether.

sunboy77
06-11-13, 13:17
In any case, some investors have a "collector's" mentaliy. Many buyers just want to buy into a piece of exclusivity - something special and out of the usual "just another condo" condo - regardless of what kind of rental yield it brings them. As discussed many times over already, the only other two "4-in-1" mega integrated developments in Singapore is Clermont and South Beach.

So sometimes it is not about spending without using brains. It is about owning.
Like owning an Orchard Residences or MBR with rental yields of only 1.9%.
Like owning a Rolex when I can buy 100 G-shocks with the same amount of money.

To me, yes, Alex is a "just another condo" condo. If Alex sells out, I wait for Wingtai's "The Crest". If The Crest also sells out, I wait for Land Parcel A. If Land Parcel A also sells out, I look for resale units at Metro, Tanglin View, Ascentia Sky, Echelon.

If DUO sells out, I wait for.....?

thomastansb
06-11-13, 13:20
Duo studio is a studio. 1 room and that is all. You eat, sleep, shit in the same pathetic room.

Clift studio is a proper 1 bedroom unit with a proper sized living room and dining area. You can't compare like this.

If Clift is 4k rental, Duo studio will be likely to be in the range of 3 to 3.5k.

The $1.1m or $1.2m 1BR at DUO is likely to have a better rental yield than a $760k 1BR at Alex. 1BR at the boutique development Dorsett Residences is already doing $4,950 on last 6-months average (URA data).
DUO vs Alex? Location different league, status different league, amenities different league, development type different league, even floor areas also different league. Frankly I don't even know why Alex should be in the discussion of DUO anyway.

If die die have to compare DUO and Alex, a closer comparison with Alex's 1BR is actually the studio units at DUO - all less than 500 sqft. $930k to $1.18m for DUO studios vs $760k for Alex. Dorsett and The Clift are doing $4k to $4.2k on average for their studios.

Ok, let's just assume DUO is in the same league as Dorsett, and I take the lower range of the average rental of Dorsett, and assuming I bought the most expensive studio of DUO, rental yield is still near 4.1% (at least!) for DUO. And everyone knows that Dorsett is just a small, boutique development.

Redhill condos? URA data says 2.9% to 3.6% for Ascentia Sky, 3.3% to 3.9% for Metropolitan.

So quite obvious the rental yield of DUO is a different world with Alex altogether.

sunboy77
06-11-13, 13:33
Duo studio is a studio. 1 room and that is all. You eat, sleep, shit in the same pathetic room.

Clift studio is a proper 1 bedroom unit with a proper sized living room and dining area. You can't compare like this.

If Clift is 4k rental, Duo studio will be likely to be in the range of 3 to 3.5k.

It is quite hilarious to hear that the Clift has no studio. The 495 sqft in the Clift is called a "1-bedroom" simply because the developer puts up a piece of glass between where the bed is and where the sofa is. In your definition, I can also make the DUO 527 sqft studio a "2 bedroom compact" - and fetch $6k rental?

Trevortan
06-11-13, 13:37
Alex residence is targeted mainly for own stay not much as for rental like Duo. When market is good im sure both development will give u a good rental. Alex Residence is more of a safer investment choice as the rental potential can be from NUS, one north, Alexander Comtech and also the future J gateway. Duo mainly caters to the people who work in the CBD area. Good or bad market also easy to rent out.

thomastansb
06-11-13, 13:45
I have a 495 sq ft studio so I know how it looks like.

Have you been to Lumiere studio? 506 sq ft. Maybe you should go and take a look. It looks just like the Duo studio. Then do a comparison and see what is the difference between Clift and Lumiere. In that way, you will know the difference instead of bullshitting here.

Btw, try putting a glass in between Duo studio. See how you fit a bed after that. Clift room is about 3m by 3m. Living room is 3m by 4m. Kitchen is 2.5m by 2.5m. It would be hilarious to compare Clift with Duo dimension.

It is quite hilarious to hear that the Clift has no studio. The 495 sqft in the Clift is called a "1-bedroom" simply because the developer puts up a piece of glass between where the bed is and where the sofa is. In your definition, I can also make the DUO 527 sqft studio a "2 bedroom compact" - and fetch $6k rental?

star
06-11-13, 13:45
Duo $1.1m and $960k ones will be better.
$1.5m is abit too high.

smellyfish
06-11-13, 13:49
Son, we live in a property bubble that has excess supply, and those properties have to be bought and sold by people with means. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for affordability, and you curse foreign buying. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not having as many properties as I do. That low interest environment, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me to keep buying, you need me to keep buying. We use words like quantum, PSF, finishings. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent buying properties. You use them as a punchline on some lousy property websites. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very condominium that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a property, and give a cheque. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

hopeful
06-11-13, 13:56
Son, we live in a property bubble that has excess supply, and those properties have to be bought and sold by people with means. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for affordability, and you curse foreign buying. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not having as many properties as I do. That low interest environment, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me to keep buying, you need me to keep buying. We use words like quantum, PSF, finishings. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent buying properties. You use them as a punchline on some lousy property websites. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very condominium that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a property, and give a cheque. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

who say this? doesnt sounds like KBW or Tharman.

indomie
06-11-13, 14:27
who say this? doesnt sounds like KBW or Tharman.

http://speakfearlessly.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/you-cant-handle-the-truth-meme-generator-you-want-the-truth-you-can-t-handle-the-truth-9789dd.jpg

fiat500
06-11-13, 14:44

Actually during booking buyers were given a choice of wall or glass partition for the bedroom for Clift 1bedder units...
There was never any studio units @the Clift.

sunboy77
06-11-13, 14:44
I have a 495 sq ft studio so I know how it looks like.

Have you been to Lumiere studio? 506 sq ft. Maybe you should go and take a look. It looks just like the Duo studio. Then do a comparison and see what is the difference between Clift and Lumiere. In that way, you will know the difference instead of bullshitting here.

Btw, try putting a glass in between Duo studio. See how you fit a bed after that. Clift room is about 3m by 3m. Living room is 3m by 4m. Kitchen is 2.5m by 2.5m. It would be hilarious to compare Clift with Duo dimension.

I have owned The Clift #17-06 (506 sqft) briefly before. While granted that The Clift 1-bedroom has a really good layout, I don't see why I can't convert the DUO studio into a 1-bedroom unit just by putting up a glass. Somemore can give you an extra space for study table, a balcony, and a proper dry kitchen (what do they call that in the Clift? "KitcheNETTE" or something?)

thomastansb
06-11-13, 14:55
As I said earlier, go measure Duo dimension and then let us know instead of just talking here. The floor plan is pretty standard. It is a queen sized bed (2 x 1.5m) so it is easy to calculate the dimension from there.

For Clift, bedroom to living room, end to end is about 6m. From door to windows in the living room, it is about 6.5m. The glass partition will divide the 6m into 3m. So I have 3m for bedroom and 3m for living room. Can put a bed + a sofa comfortably. Can Duo do the same?

I have owned The Clift #17-06 (506 sqft) before. While granted that The Clift 1-bedroom has a really good layout, I don't see why I can't convert the DUO studio into a 1-bedroom unit just by putting up a glass. Somemore can give you an extra space for study table, a balcony, and a proper dry kitchen (what do they call that in the Clift? "KitcheNETTE" or something?)

sunboy77
06-11-13, 14:58
Actually during booking buyers were given a choice of wall or glass partition for the bedroom for Clift 1bedder units...
There was never any studio units @the Clift.

Sorry. My bad then.

Ringo33
06-11-13, 15:35
if one wishes to buy into a project that is designed by famous architect, then you should not hope for a space efficient studio layout because the building form and curves etc will not allow that to happen.

If you want to buy a more efficient layout, look for those more squarish and boxy design.

dpristine
06-11-13, 17:59
http://duoresidences.sghouseonline.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2013/11/Duo-Residences-Bugis03-940x390.jpg

Ringo33
06-11-13, 18:03
http://duoresidences.sghouseonline.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2013/11/Duo-Residences-Bugis03-940x390.jpg

reminds me of Singapore Flyer.

ichigo55
07-11-13, 08:36
most people still like regular shaped units ... regardless of the building design ... whether small or large units ... there shouldn't be too much wastage of space ..

riverfish
07-11-13, 09:10
Are they slashing prices?

got a sms from a housing agent last night that said:-
units with view affected by Parkview will be priced from $1,700.00 psf

units with unblocked view kampong Glam/Sea will be from $1,900.00 psf

penthouses around $2,500 psf.

bargain hunter
07-11-13, 13:54
its all still within the guidelines leh.

units with no view/pocket view between parkview and duo commercial:

2+study stack 11 is 1184 sq ft at 1700psf = 2m. guideline was FROM 1.85m. expect this stack to have units < 1700psf.

2 bedders stack 14 is 980 and 969 sq ft at 1700psf for 980 sq ft = 1.666m, within the FROM 1.6m guideline. likewise for stack 10 which is 1012/1023 sq ft.

1 bedder stack 12 is 710 sq ft, at 1700psf = 1.2m, well above the FROM 1.1m guide price.

won't slash, not cheap, will sell some on the hype but not sell out.

sunboy77
07-11-13, 22:00

2+study stack 11 is 1184 sq ft at 1700psf = 2m. guideline was FROM 1.85m. expect this stack to have units < 1700psf.

2 bedders stack 14 is 980 and 969 sq ft at 1700psf for 980 sq ft = 1.666m, within the FROM 1.6m guideline. likewise for stack 10 which is 1012/1023 sq ft.

1 bedder stack 12 is 710 sq ft, at 1700psf = 1.2m, well above the FROM 1.1m guide price.

Well summarized.

smartboy2
07-11-13, 23:37

Not True

Do you think they will slash price after knowing roughly the number of cheques they collected?

I think that agent just wants you to give the cheque.

newlaunchproperty
08-11-13, 01:32
Not True

Do you think they will slash price after knowing roughly the number of cheques they collected?

Actually cheque submission does not constitutes a sale. It give interested buyer a chance to be part of the VVIP Preview (Priority booking from the Public). If actual price released is right, can proceed. If not right, can still withdraw. Why not give it a try if keen? :)

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t457/skychiu/Property%20Central/Duo%20Residences/PB_DuoResidences_zpsc5ffdd2f.jpg (http://newlaunch-property.com/showcase/duo-residences.html)

Trevortan
08-11-13, 06:39
Not True

Agents don't set the price for launches. As far as concerned cheque submission goes its for developer to see what units are oversubscribed ones and let the agents know so buyers have more alternative choices. It is to help buyers to get their choice units on the first day of the preview sales.

sunboy77
08-11-13, 09:37

To reinforce bargain hunter's points, he was using the scenarios of the biggest units selling marginally above the lowest of the indicative quantums. But in reality, I do not think that big units are at such low quantums. Bottom line is, I don't think developers have slashed prices.

Anyway let's all wait for 14th Nov. I am bringing a few multiple units purchasers to buy on that day and we'd have a good gauge of the prices come then. Will be good info for the singular units buyers going on 15th.

My personal guess is, there will be only 100+ 1BR and 1+S units left for sale come 15th. And all of them above $1.2m or even $1.3m. So singular units purchasers should not expect to get $1.1+m units liao.

riverfish
08-11-13, 10:18
Crazy, crazy buyers, kia buay boh. If no TDSR restriction, even crazier.

sunboy77
08-11-13, 10:29
Anyway, Clermont Residences floor plans and ebrochure are also out.
See thread at http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=444078#post444078

newlaunchproperty
08-11-13, 14:48
UPDATED NEW Duo Residences (http://newlaunch-property.com/showcase/duo-residences.html) Floor Plans E-Brochure available for download HERE (http://newlaunch-property.com/showcase/duo-residences.html).

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t457/skychiu/Property%20Central/Duo%20Residences/PB_DuoResidences_zpsc5ffdd2f.jpg (http://newlaunch-property.com/showcase/duo-residences.html)

scorpio_sg
08-11-13, 16:53
Hi. Will the ballot be to get queue no or will it be ballot by unit?

sunboy77
08-11-13, 20:52
Hi. Will the ballot be to get queue no or will it be ballot by unit?

Confirmed already, by balloting.
14th Nov: Multiple purchasers (also must ballot)
15th Nov: Balloting for single unit purchasers

sunboy77
08-11-13, 20:56
As of 7pm today,

CBRE has received submission from 209 purchasers. Of these, I did a quick count and seems like near 30 are multiple units purchasers - although I do not know how many units is each of these multiple units purchasers buying.

And these numbers are from CBRE alone. Not too sure how many submissions did the 2 other agencies receive...

zeamybro
09-11-13, 07:52
I was invited to go down on 14th and was told no balloting required. But that was last Sunday, maybe situation has changed.

Lovelle
09-11-13, 08:04
I was invited to go down on 14th and was told no balloting required. But that was last Sunday, maybe situation has changed.

are you buying

zeamybro
09-11-13, 08:57
are you buying

Already registered interest and dropped the cheque .. Will see how the situation goes on the 14th. You buying too?

Lovelle
09-11-13, 09:28
I am interested but high absd

princess_morbucks
09-11-13, 10:06
http://www.malaysiapropertynews.net/2013/11/ms-plans-duo-residences-sale.html

Posted on | November 9, 2013

KUALA LUMPUR: M+S Pte Ltd expects to launch the sale of DUO Residences, which is part of a multi-billion integrated project in Singapore’s Rochor-Bugis area, in the middle of the month.
The company, a joint venture between Khazanah Nasional Bhd and Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd, is awaiting internal approval for the sale.
“We have not obtained our internal approval yet, so I can’t pinpoint the date now. But we expect to launch it by mid-November,” said its chief operating officer Kemmy Tan after a media preview of the DUO project by UEM Sunrise Bhd, here, yesterday.
DUO Residences is a 49-storey residential tower comprising 660 studio units, 1-to-4-bedroom apartments and penthouses that sell for between RM2.5 million and RM11 million each. It stands alongside a 39-storey commercial tower.
Tan said residents will enjoy exclusive entrances and secure private lift lobbies, together with four landscaped decks featuring a 50m lap pool, wellness facilities and recreational lounges.
“Our integrated concept, with a comprehensive offering of a five-star hotel, grade A office space and quality retail shops served by two MRT (mass rapid transit) lines, provides DUO residents and occupants a lifestyle of connectivity and convenience,” Tan said.
DUO Residences will be featured in two sales galleries, here and in Singapore. In Malaysia, it is marketed by CB Richards Ellis (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd and CBD Properties Sdn Bhd.
M+S is 60 per cent owned by Khazanah and 40 per cent by Temasek.
UEM Sunrise and CapitaLand Ltd are the project managers, overseeing DUO marketing and development.

princess_morbucks
09-11-13, 10:08
How come the launch date in Malaysia is not confirmed yet?

sunboy77
09-11-13, 10:13
How come the launch date in Malaysia is not confirmed yet?
I also curious....
Maybe they want to sell to Singaporeans first? But also makes no sense cos it's opened for all from 16th ma.

kellogs
09-11-13, 13:21
Already registered interest and dropped the cheque .. Will see how the situation goes on the 14th. You buying too?

Bro which agent company did you give the cheque too?

I was told 14th is for multi unit buyers and 15 for single unit ... hmnmn

minority
09-11-13, 13:29
last heard is must ballot. so all the early cheque also no use. balloting liao.

kellogs
09-11-13, 13:57
Hi minority,

That is what I was told as well so when bro zeamy said he does not need ballot ... maybe he got special lobang ... can intro hehe

sunboy77
09-11-13, 15:56
Just got to know:
One CBRE's client bulk buying 40 units.

No typo. 40 units. Cheques came already.

kellogs
09-11-13, 16:00
Just got to know:
One CBRE's client bulk buying 40 units.

No typo. 40 units. Cheques came already.

Wah he needs ballot or not?

Lovelle
09-11-13, 16:02
hot hot cakes. any gurus here buying ?

chestnut ,devil, laguna, east_lover, etc

sunboy77
09-11-13, 16:07
Wah he needs ballot or not?

Hahaha confirmed no need la! :D

sunboy77
09-11-13, 16:16
That's why I say, singular units purchasers want to get an unit below $1.3m on the 15th Nov is very very difficult...

Only 221 units of studios to 1+S avail for sale on first day.
Units less than $1.3m probably about 160 units?
Minus vvvip buyers who had already bought
Minus developer's vips.
Minus some floors reserved for Malaysians
Minus marketing agents who can buy on priority queue
Minus bulk purchasers
Minus SUPER bulk purchasers.

Left how many only?

kellogs
09-11-13, 16:18
Wah it is really good when you have so much money.

Is he going to buy on the 14? Or submitted his unit choices?

Hopefully got leftover for small shrimps like us :D

Learner
09-11-13, 17:22
Wow.... 40 units... The amount of absd is staggering. Either a billionaire or some funds

sunboy77
10-11-13, 08:46
Latest:
More than 600 cheques received as at this hour. Mostly vying for (less than) 221 studio to 1+S units.

Cheques submission cut off strictly at 6pm today. Cheques submitted at 6:01pm will be rejected. Full documents (e.g. IC, marriage cert for multiple purchase, etc.) must also be in by 6pm.

zeamybro
10-11-13, 08:56
Latest:
More than 600 cheques received as at this hour. Mostly vying for (less than) 221 studio to 1+S units.

Cheques submission cut off strictly at 6pm today. Cheques submitted at 6:01pm will be rejected. Full documents (e.g. IC, marriage cert for multiple purchase, etc.) must also be in by 6pm.

Sunboy .. GOOd luck to you and all your buyers ya... May u Huat big time and thanks for sharing all the first hand info here

ichigo55
10-11-13, 09:17
Wow ... Looks like big lucky draw!
Hopefully I'm able to get one

Latest:

ecimbew
10-11-13, 09:22
Latest:

Very interesting. All the best, Jonathan. Huat ah!

DC33_2008
10-11-13, 10:06
Great to know the strong demand in this area.
Latest:

sunboy77
10-11-13, 11:04
Guys thanks for the well wishes.
Everyone huat together!
Stay tuned for the actual prices and actual sales results in a few days! :)

lifeline
10-11-13, 11:16
Guys thanks for the well wishes.
Everyone huat together!
Stay tuned for the actual prices and actual sales results in a few days! :)

Best wishes to you too for all your efforts and live updates.

Learner
10-11-13, 16:36
Good luck to all the buyers in your balloting :)

princess_morbucks
10-11-13, 20:02
http://grandmastertan.blogspot.sg/2013/10/duodouble-harmonious-beauty.html

DUO Residences—Double the Harmonious Beauty

From Grandmaster Tan's blog :

I felt very honoured to be invited as a feng shui consultant for DUO Residences, a S$ 3 billion mixed development in the Bugis precinct that combines prime residences, Grade A offices, a five-star hotel and 80,000 square feet of retail spaces.

This was no ordinary challenge as DUO is situated in between a rock and a hard place—Parkview Square and the Gateway respectively. These two local properties are well-known more for their feng shui ramifications than their aesthetic appeal. The average person’s understanding of feng shui is that buildings should be constructed in a harmonious way, and that sharp edges directed at your property are heavily frowned upon. How then can I work with DUO’s developer, M+S Pte Ltd (the joint venture company formed by Temasek Holdings and Khazanah Nasional) and the world-renowned architect, Bruno Ole Schereen, on constructing harmony in spite of the gigantic Parkview Square restricting qi flow, and the two massive, sharp edges in the East and West wings of the Gateway? Once we overcome these, we can truly maximise DUO’s prime location and connectivity.

Before going into the details, I must first say that I’m very impressed and satisfied with Ole Schereen’s interpretation of the task—he designed two stunning beauties which go beyond being merely iconic embellishments of Singapore’s skyline, more importantly, their circular open spaces create harmony, bringing balance to the Ophir-Rochor area and peace to the people living and working there.

When faced with two imposing structures, many may think of creating something that is even more striking, to overpower the existing Gateway and Parkview Square. But that is really not how feng shui should be practiced. Harmony is the key to peace and a sinuous energy flow. So what we need to do is overcome the immense pressure and excessive qi tunnelled by Gateway’s two sharp edges. We want to rechannel this qi, but yet retain some of the qi to be circulated through the development.

It’s great that Schereen focused on creating spaces instead of creating masses. His touch of genius was creating circular open spaces that give the entire development the ability to “breathe”. On its own, qi cannot be seen as good or bad, it is the balance and organization of qi that is important. Too much qi makes occupants nervous and stressful, but a lack of it would make the entire development feel listless.

Breaking free of the rock and the hard place through the concept of harmony and balance is like two people practicing tai ji. The overarching idea is to create and maintain a balance, by connecting the minds and bodies of these two individuals. The same goes for buildings, reduce the imposing feel if it’s overpowering, and add some commanding presence if it is lacking in the area. Schereen agrees, though he feels that the construction is more akin to two people dancing. He says Singapore is increasingly dominated by isolated concrete towers, leaving us more socially excluded than connected, an irony given that Singapore is ranked as one of Asia’s most livable cities! Whether it’s practicing tai ji or dancing, the idea is to move in sync and in harmony.

That DUO can break free and emerge from in between the rock and the hard place signifies much more. Part of a land parcel exchange agreement signed in 2010 between Prime Minister Lee of Singapore and Prime Minister Najib of Malaysia, DUO was quickly alluded to as the exemplar for future collaborations between the two countries. This joint venture is symbolic of how both countries can work together for the benefit of future generations, thawing the frosty relationship over the last five decades. Besides DUO, Marina One and other projects in Iskandar (Malaysia) will likely bring the two countries ever closer. We can do our part to boost this process by consciously creating harmony and balance in these developments!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zn4ofzFCeqM/UnCLqTejP6I/AAAAAAAAAZ0/uNV60jSpNWk/s320/DUO-Qi.jpg

sunboy77
11-11-13, 00:24
http://grandmastertan.blogspot.sg/2013/10/duodouble-harmonious-beauty.html

DUO Residences—Double the Harmonious Beauty

From Grandmaster Tan's blog :

I felt very honoured to be invited as a feng shui consultant for DUO Residences, a S$ 3 billion mixed development in the Bugis precinct that combines prime residences, Grade A offices, a five-star hotel and 80,000 square feet of retail spaces.

This was no ordinary challenge as DUO is situated in between a rock and a hard place—Parkview Square and the Gateway respectively. These two local properties are well-known more for their feng shui ramifications than their aesthetic appeal. The average person’s understanding of feng shui is that buildings should be constructed in a harmonious way, and that sharp edges directed at your property are heavily frowned upon. How then can I work with DUO’s developer, M+S Pte Ltd (the joint venture company formed by Temasek Holdings and Khazanah Nasional) and the world-renowned architect, Bruno Ole Schereen, on constructing harmony in spite of the gigantic Parkview Square restricting qi flow, and the two massive, sharp edges in the East and West wings of the Gateway? Once we overcome these, we can truly maximise DUO’s prime location and connectivity.

Before going into the details, I must first say that I’m very impressed and satisfied with Ole Schereen’s interpretation of the task—he designed two stunning beauties which go beyond being merely iconic embellishments of Singapore’s skyline, more importantly, their circular open spaces create harmony, bringing balance to the Ophir-Rochor area and peace to the people living and working there.

When faced with two imposing structures, many may think of creating something that is even more striking, to overpower the existing Gateway and Parkview Square. But that is really not how feng shui should be practiced. Harmony is the key to peace and a sinuous energy flow. So what we need to do is overcome the immense pressure and excessive qi tunnelled by Gateway’s two sharp edges. We want to rechannel this qi, but yet retain some of the qi to be circulated through the development.

It’s great that Schereen focused on creating spaces instead of creating masses. His touch of genius was creating circular open spaces that give the entire development the ability to “breathe”. On its own, qi cannot be seen as good or bad, it is the balance and organization of qi that is important. Too much qi makes occupants nervous and stressful, but a lack of it would make the entire development feel listless.

Breaking free of the rock and the hard place through the concept of harmony and balance is like two people practicing tai ji. The overarching idea is to create and maintain a balance, by connecting the minds and bodies of these two individuals. The same goes for buildings, reduce the imposing feel if it’s overpowering, and add some commanding presence if it is lacking in the area. Schereen agrees, though he feels that the construction is more akin to two people dancing. He says Singapore is increasingly dominated by isolated concrete towers, leaving us more socially excluded than connected, an irony given that Singapore is ranked as one of Asia’s most livable cities! Whether it’s practicing tai ji or dancing, the idea is to move in sync and in harmony.

That DUO can break free and emerge from in between the rock and the hard place signifies much more. Part of a land parcel exchange agreement signed in 2010 between Prime Minister Lee of Singapore and Prime Minister Najib of Malaysia, DUO was quickly alluded to as the exemplar for future collaborations between the two countries. This joint venture is symbolic of how both countries can work together for the benefit of future generations, thawing the frosty relationship over the last five decades. Besides DUO, Marina One and other projects in Iskandar (Malaysia) will likely bring the two countries ever closer. We can do our part to boost this process by consciously creating harmony and balance in these developments!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zn4ofzFCeqM/UnCLqTejP6I/AAAAAAAAAZ0/uNV60jSpNWk/s320/DUO-Qi.jpg

Wow thanks for this good read! I have been wanting to find something like this for a long long time already but I didn't know Master Tan has a blog!

Thanks! Now I have more ammunition to my sales pitch. :D

scorpio_sg
11-11-13, 06:17
Hi guys. Can someone enlighten me on 2 questions:

1. What is the structure highlighted in yellow in the floor plan attached?

2. Some floor types have an "M" behind, e.g. Type B1M/B1. What does the "M" mean?

Thanks in advance.

hopeful
11-11-13, 08:01

2. Some floor types have an "M" behind, e.g. Type B1M/B1. What does the "M" mean?

Thanks in advance.

is that the rubbish chute?

scorpio_sg
11-11-13, 08:54
I realise that none of the other one bed floorplans has it though.

Also why for 3rd and 4th floors for some stacks there is the letter 'M' behind the unit type?

Thanks people.

ecimbew
11-11-13, 09:57
GPGT:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/jeje008/Stack9-1_zpsba34734b.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeje008/media/Stack9-1_zpsba34734b.jpg.html)

Unblocked view towards Kallang River.

Kallang Riverside portion is cut off in this model. Does it mean that Kallang Riverside will be shelved?????

smartboy2
11-11-13, 10:33

Thanks in advance.

Yes, is the rubbish chute, realized not all have it

ecimbew
11-11-13, 13:37
Yes, is the rubbish chute, realized not all have it

I personally prefer the rubbish chute to be outside the apartment.

august
11-11-13, 13:46
I personally prefer the rubbish chute to be outside the apartment.

Yes, agree.

Internal chute and low floor units is not a good combination.

minority
11-11-13, 14:59
frankly at 2000 pdf or 1.3M a unit. why not get a MM that is FH in D9 leh?

some example

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14061540/for-sale-starlight-suites

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/7791768/for-sale-newton-edge

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3816127/for-sale-waterscape-cavenagh

minority
11-11-13, 15:10
at least I can rent it out soon for those TOP or near TOP.

DC33_2008
11-11-13, 17:45
The internal rubbish chute will cost you about a couple of $1000.
Yes, agree.

Internal chute and low floor units is not a good combination.

Singleton
11-11-13, 17:54
frankly at 2000 pdf or 1.3M a unit. why not get a MM that is FH in D9 leh?

some example

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14061540/for-sale-starlight-suites

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/7791768/for-sale-newton-edge

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3816127/for-sale-waterscape-cavenagh

Quantum may be comparable but may not be fair just to compare quantum.
For example, reviews in pptyguru for Newton edge has been generally poor. Cannot compare the Duo showflat quality and all the great attributes discussed earlier with the quality of unit and development in Newton edge.
Waterscape is just next to CTE. stand at the edge and the message is clear. Starlight is a MM dept. No right or wrong, all condos have their admirers depending on individual needs, those who bought Newton edge at launch got laughed at but they have the last laugh;). prices have doubled.
but as Sunboy has pointed out, how many comparable devpts like Duo will there ever be in the next 10 years?

smellyfish
11-11-13, 18:02
the way grand master Tan draw his diagram looks like woman's reproductive organ to me.

minority
11-11-13, 21:15
Quantum may be comparable but may not be fair just to compare quantum.
For example, reviews in pptyguru for Newton edge has been generally poor. Cannot compare the Duo showflat quality and all the great attributes discussed earlier with the quality of unit and development in Newton edge.
Waterscape is just next to CTE. stand at the edge and the message is clear. Starlight is a MM dept. No right or wrong, all condos have their admirers depending on individual needs, those who bought Newton edge at launch got laughed at but they have the last laugh;). prices have doubled.
but as Sunboy has pointed out, how many comparable devpts like Duo will there ever be in the next 10 years?

Duo beside hospital to some thats bad luck.

sunboy77
11-11-13, 21:19

Hee hee the rich people at Nassim Rd and Soleil all still doing very well.

sunboy77
11-11-13, 21:24
Yesterday (last day of showflat opening before the balloting) saw the most ferocious crowd that I have seen in the last two weeks, drawing the number of submitters for those 200+ units near to 800. Yes I'd have to use the word 'ferocious' cos it was as if DUO is machiam FOC....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/jeje008/image_zps69c2a6d3.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeje008/media/image_zps69c2a6d3.jpg.html)

Check out the long queue of agents submitting cheques:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/jeje008/image_zps283d9518.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeje008/media/image_zps283d9518.jpg.html)

sunboy77
11-11-13, 21:26
Saw this Indian national writing 4 cheques. Lucky agent.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/jeje008/image_zpsb044381a.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeje008/media/image_zpsb044381a.jpg.html)

scorpio_sg
11-11-13, 21:42
Anyone knows which are the most popular unit types? Stacks?

ekl2ekl2
11-11-13, 21:44
sunboy, with 800 plus cheques, that means those bidding for single unit studios (stacks 8 & 16) will have no chance come 15 Nov?

sunboy77
11-11-13, 21:51
sunboy, with 800 plus cheques, that means those bidding for single unit studios (stacks 8 & 16) will have no chance come 15 Nov?

Hi ekl. I would say chances are extremely slim.
Even 1BRs below $1.3m also slim chances...
I have told ALL my clients to start looking at 1BRs and up. Chances for studios is as good as zilch cos of the VVIP and multiple units buyers a day and two earlier.

But don't fret, got try means got chance! :)

scorpio_sg
11-11-13, 21:53
Any chance they might open up units above 19th floor?

ichigo55
11-11-13, 21:56
800+ I supposed only for CBRE? There's still other agencies to contend with.
Looks like not much chance

I have told ALL my clients to start looking at 1BRs and up. Chances for studios is as good as zilch cos of the VVIP and multiple units buyers a day and two earlier.

sunboy77
11-11-13, 21:59
800+ I supposed only for CBRE? There's still other agencies to contend with.
Looks like not much chance

No no. 800 across all 3 agencies. :)

sunboy77
11-11-13, 22:00
Any chance they might open up units above 19th floor?
Got chance la.
Will try to update by the 14th Nov. Haha.

zeamybro
11-11-13, 22:57
They have already started issuing vvip queue numbers .. And the numbers are not small either lor

Tony Blair
12-11-13, 06:52

Minority with money says no good majority with money says good

princess_morbucks
12-11-13, 07:30

Actually it is good as emergency care is available just next door.

DC33_2008
12-11-13, 08:19
One must know that OCR 99LH PCs already achieved $1-1.3m, this project in this location is relatively cheap. Furthermore, this project has great potential. Would have gone in too if not for the max absd.

mermaid
12-11-13, 08:57
eeek! the hand sibeh hairy! :eek:

Saw this Indian national writing 4 cheques. Lucky agent.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/jeje008/image_zpsb044381a.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeje008/media/image_zpsb044381a.jpg.html)

ekl2ekl2
12-11-13, 09:03
One must know that OCR 99LH PCs already achieved $1-1.3m, this project in this location is relatively cheap. Furthermore, this project has great potential. Would have gone in too if not for the max absd.

Would agree overall this is a great concept project. The main downside is the size for 1 bedder is big, quantum wise not exactly that cheap and most 1 bedders have odd sizes.

Not surprising to know that so many with spare cash are bidding in this project.

Many thanks to Sunboy for the update and sharing. Wish he has great success in the days to come.

kellogs
12-11-13, 09:10
Contrary I find the 1 bedder is well sized and liveable ... for once developer is doing the right thing instead of churning out those super small units to meet the low quantum game.

Hopefully there is some left overs after VVIP ...

thomastansb
12-11-13, 09:16
1 bedder is fine. I think maybe you are referring to the studio? The studio layout CMI. Total disaster.

Would agree overall this is a great concept project. The main downside is the size for 1 bedder is big, quantum wise not exactly that cheap and most 1 bedders have odd sizes.

Not surprising to know that so many with spare cash are bidding in this project.

Many thanks to Sunboy for the update and sharing. Wish he has great success in the days to come.

coolchoc
12-11-13, 09:18
This stack 17 1BR unit is below the same stack 17 3BRs, which will have their own in-house rubbish chute. Shared chute shaft :p

I realise that none of the other one bed floorplans has it though.

Also why for 3rd and 4th floors for some stacks there is the letter 'M' behind the unit type?

Thanks people.

coolchoc
12-11-13, 09:24
Though it's liveable size, no storage space (or small store) for bulky items like luggage, vacuum cleaner etc.... Put at balcony?

Contrary I find the 1 bedder is well sized and liveable ... for once developer is doing the right thing instead of churning out those super small units to meet the low quantum game.

Hopefully there is some left overs after VVIP ...

ekl2ekl2
12-11-13, 09:50
1 bedder is fine. I think maybe you are referring to the studio? The studio layout CMI. Total disaster.

Was referring to quantum. Size wise, agree the 1 bedders is good for living. For example stack 6, no balcony 646 sqfeet, very spacious for individual or couple.

Those with balconies, much smaller space. For 420 sfeet studios, after removing the balcony, av ledge etc, livable space probably <350sfeet.

kellogs
12-11-13, 10:03
Though it's liveable size, no storage space (or small store) for bulky items like luggage, vacuum cleaner etc.... Put at balcony?

Maybe not bad idea to create a storage space near balcony for luggage or vacuum cleaner.

princess_morbucks
12-11-13, 10:29
Duo Residences opens show gallery in KL

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-news/2013/11/11237/duo-residences-opens-show-gallery-in-kl

Integrated property development DUO, one of the two major projects in Singapore of M+S Pte Ltd, a joint venture between Malaysia's Khazanah and Singapore's Temasek, opened a show gallery in Plaza Mont' Kiara, Kuala Lumpur last Friday.

Nestled on a 26,688 sq m site along Singapore's Beach Road-Ophir Rochor corridor, DUO comprises two towers, with one featuring 660 premium residences while the other offers prime Grade A office space, a five-star hotel and a unique retail gallery. It serves as the centrepiece of Singapore's Urban Redevelopment Authority's (URA) initiative to revive the Bugis district, via a mixed-use cluster that complement the Raffles Place and Marina Bay business districts.

Designed by world famous architect Ole Scheeren, DUO has a gross development value of RM10.2 billion and is set to become the go-to centre of young professionals.

The show gallery showcases DUO Residences comprising studios, one- to four-bedroom apartments and penthouses spread across the entire 49-storey residential tower. Residents will also enjoy an exclusive residence entrance, secured private lift lobbies and four landscape decks that feature a 50-metre lap pool, recreational lounges and wellness facilities.

Kemmy Tan, Chief Operating Officer, M+S Pte Ltd, said: “Our integrated concept, with a comprehensive offering of a five-star hotel, Grade A office space and quality retail shops served by two MRT lines right at the doorstep provides DUO’s residents and occupants a lifestyle of connectivity and convenience.”

In Malaysia, DUO Residences is marketed by CB Richard Ellis (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd and CBD Properties Sdn Bhd.

“For the past six months we have received good responses from Malaysians looking to invest in Singapore due to its track record of good capital appreciation coupled with strong currency performance,” commented Paul Khong from CB Richard Ellis.

“On the whole, Malaysian investors are looking for smaller units, where the price quantum does not exceed S$2 million (RM5 million). As a majority of DUO’s units fall into this category, we anticipate that these units will be well received,” he added.

matrix0405
12-11-13, 11:33
For 2 BR units, which block and which facing is recommended?

ichigo55
12-11-13, 13:20
Hospital nearby is good as far as I know.
Any example hospital is bad for the area? And I don't mean those CDC or whichever.

In DUO's, its really very good location with multiple of amenities.

Minority with money says no good majority with money says good

ichigo55
12-11-13, 13:21
2 BR mostly west facing ...

For 2 BR units, which block and which facing is recommended?

matrix0405
12-11-13, 13:30
2 BR mostly west facing ...

The inside facing will get west sun or block by the office block? If face flyer looks like only 1 stack for 2 BR. Face flyer will get the sun? How high needed to see the sea? Min height to clear gateway ?

scorpio_sg
12-11-13, 13:37
I think for 2 bedders, both stack 11 and stack 18 can see flyer and potentially the sea. But yes, the question is what the minimum floor level should be? And to clear Gateway as well...

The inside facing will get west sun or block by the office block? If face flyer looks like only 1 stack for 2 BR. Face flyer will get the sun? How high needed to see the sea? Min height to clear gateway ?

matrix0405
12-11-13, 13:44
I think for 2 bedders, both stack 11 and stack 18 can see flyer and potentially the sea. But yes, the question is what the minimum floor level should be? And to clear Gateway as well...

U r right abt 11 and 18. But 18 like got full blown morning sun and have to wake up early; and only master bed room balcony can see flyer? but can look thru the wall on the right or not? Is the bedroom at the knife edge of gateway?

bargain hunter
12-11-13, 13:55
bro sunboy mentioned before, need at least #40 to clear gateway. gonna cost a bomb and i dun even think there are 2 bedders which face the flyer at that level.

scorpio_sg
12-11-13, 14:02
Forget about clearing Gateway. As long as can see Flyer and waters. If the concern is about the sharp edges of Gateway my guess is that stack 11 is a safer bet?

bro sunboy mentioned before, need at least #40 to clear gateway. gonna cost a bomb and i dun even think there are 2 bedders which face the flyer at that level.

matrix0405
12-11-13, 14:10

Gateway is 37, so 40 is about right.

sunboy77
12-11-13, 14:21
Stack 18 will not see the edge of "knife", regardless of which part of the house you are standing at. The Master, common room, and living room are in a straight line and will see the front face of Gateway East. The balcony in the Master faces kampong glam.

sunboy77
12-11-13, 14:25
Latest:

Developer has decided to take out marketing agents from the priority queue on 14th Nov. Agents to join the balloting on 15th too.

Guess if agents also buy on 14th, really nothing to sell on the 15th liao.

ekl2ekl2
12-11-13, 14:29
Stack 18 will not see the edge of "knife", regardless of which part of the house you are standing at. The Master, common room, and living room are in a straight line and will see the front face of Gateway East. The balcony in the Master faces kampong glam.

Thats similar to what I heard from another agent. The edge doesn't cut in.
The low floors will still get pocket seaviews.

bargain hunter
12-11-13, 14:34
agents can ask other agents to buy for them on 14th as multiple buyers by forgoing their commission savings? :)

then u can ask ur fellow agents to buy through you, if they really get to so desperate. :)

Latest:

Developer has decided to take out marketing agents from the priority queue on 14th Nov. Agents to join the balloting on 15th too.

Guess if agents also buy on 14th, really nothing to sell on the 15th liao.

scorpio_sg
12-11-13, 14:42
Hi Sunboy or anyone else knowledgeable. Which 1 and 2-bedder stacks will be hit by the knife?

lionhill
12-11-13, 14:42
amazing project.

I agree Bugis is a convenient place, but looking around it, nothing gives me an atlas feeling.

matrix0405
12-11-13, 14:45

So 18 can see Flyer? and the sea, if stick head out of balcony? Which floor onwards than can see sea?

bargain hunter
12-11-13, 14:54
they said designed in consultation with grandmaster tan, none of the units will get hit by the knife.

Hi Sunboy or anyone else knowledgeable. Which 1 and 2-bedder stacks will be hit by the knife?

bargain hunter
12-11-13, 14:58
sunboy may be able to answer ur question on which floor.

i can tell u if u stick ur head out can see the sea but ur head will then be in line with the gateway knife hahahahaha.

ok lah, if u keep ur head within the balcony then won't kenna knife lor.

So 18 can see Flyer? and the sea, if stick head out of balcony? Which floor onwards than can see sea?

sunboy77
12-11-13, 15:03
None of the units can see the knife.

But hahaha yes, if you stick you neck all the way out of the balcony, you can see the knife la.

I also have trouble answering this question about "which floor can see the flyer/sea/fort canning/stadium/kallang bay/etc."

My suggestion: make a trip to URA gallery. You really will have a better idea from there.

sunboy77
12-11-13, 17:02
Latest:

Total no. of multiple units purchasers slightly less than 90.

scorpio_sg
12-11-13, 17:05
Each buys 3 units means nothing left liao.

Latest:

Total no. of multiple units purchasers slightly less than 90.

zeamybro
12-11-13, 17:15
14th is not meant just for multiple units purchaser, but also for the vvips .... They may be single unit buyers also

sunboy77
12-11-13, 17:27
14th is not meant just for multiple units purchaser, but also for the vvips .... They may be single unit buyers also

That's right.
Anyway I have never seen so many different developers (can roughly recognize their faces cos I have been involved in many project launches) buying into one single development.
They made up a big part of the VVIPs on the 14th Nov.

proud owner
12-11-13, 17:45
eeek! the hand sibeh hairy! :eek:

indeed ....

I hope he does Man scaping ....

proud owner
12-11-13, 17:47
Maybe not bad idea to create a storage space near balcony for luggage or vacuum cleaner.

I have seen people placed their fridge on their balcony ....

scorpio_sg
12-11-13, 18:15
Anyone knows how many units there are in phase one?

Singleton
12-11-13, 19:27
That's right.
Anyway I have never seen so many different developers (can roughly recognize their faces cos I have been involved in many project launches) buying into one single development.

You meant many other developers investing in DUO?
Why? What do they gain by buying 1-2 units?

Probably less than 50-70 units in phase 1 will be left for those coming on 15th Nov.

Singleton
12-11-13, 19:28
Anyone knows how many units there are in phase one?

about 200 units or slightly more

Singleton
12-11-13, 19:31
I have seen people placed their fridge on their balcony ....

Most commonly seen are small beds, reclinig chairs, sofa.

ecimbew
12-11-13, 19:48
That's right.

Are you sure you can disclose this?

kellogs
12-11-13, 19:58
Did he sign a NDA?

What is the problem of updating fellow forum members?

DC33_2008
12-11-13, 20:35
Just get concourse skyline if you can afford high floor at duo.

sunboy77
12-11-13, 21:16

Haha I mean I saw many familiar faces from other developers wanting to buy DUO too. Probably more for individual needs than for corporate purposes.

My guess is they should form a bulk of the VVIPs.

sunboy77
12-11-13, 21:23
Probably less than 50-70 units in phase 1 will be left for those coming on 15th Nov.

That's my guess too. Very likely less than 100 units come the 15th.
Units below $1.4m will be even lesser.

ecimbew
12-11-13, 21:31
Haha I mean I saw many familiar faces from other developers wanting to buy DUO too. Probably more for individual needs than for corporate purposes.

My guess is they should form a bulk of the VVIPs.

Haha ok. I was just concerned.

sunboy77
12-11-13, 21:35
Just get concourse skyline if you can afford high floor at duo.

Just for discussion: Assuming about the same prices between DUO and Concourse Skyline, level-to-level, which is a better buy?
E.g. CS for the better view, DUO for the more wholesome living experience?

bargain hunter
12-11-13, 21:58
i would pick DUO over the view at CS for sure.

Just for discussion: Assuming about the same prices between DUO and Concourse Skyline, level-to-level, which is a better buy?

ichigo55
12-11-13, 22:05

DUO for me .. Direct link to shopping mall and restaurants and two mrt lines ... No worries about rain or traffic

Singleton
12-11-13, 22:39
Concourse also has direct links to MRT and covered walkway and shops.

DUO of course better in terms of design, size and probably prestige factor higher

If you tell people "I Have a unit in DUO vs I have a unit in Concourse"

DUO should raise more eyebrows.

matrix0405
13-11-13, 07:11
2BR. Stack 15 vs Stack 6. Both open view Kallang river facing. Which do you feel is better for own stay. Also how high needed to see Kallang river? Lvl 15 can?

scorpio_sg
13-11-13, 07:18
I prefer stack 15. There's a balcony. Good as you are facing out.

2BR. Stack 15 vs Stack 6. Both open view Kallang river facing. Which do you feel is better for own stay. Also how high needed to see Kallang river? Lvl 15 can?

princess_morbucks
13-11-13, 07:39
Saw the prices in business times :

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/premium/top-stories/good-interest-2-residential-projects-20131113

studio apartment of about 420 square feet (sq ft)$2,214 per square foot (psf)

one-bedders (at least 538 sq ft) start at $2,045 psf

Two-bedroom units (from 807 sq ft) are priced upwards of $1,983 psf.

Singleton
13-11-13, 08:50

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/premium/top-stories/good-interest-2-residential-projects-20131113

"Talk in the market is that more than 1,000 cheques have been submitted in the first phase of sales at the 660-unit Duo Residences, a project developed by Temasek Holdings and Khazanah Nasional."

Wow, >1000 cheques, much more than what Sunboy quoted.

matrix0405
13-11-13, 09:56
Wah, 1000 chq, more than the number of units available!

sunboy77
13-11-13, 10:09
"Talk in the market is that more than 1,000 cheques have been submitted in the first phase of sales at the 660-unit Duo Residences, a project developed by Temasek Holdings and Khazanah Nasional."

Wow, >1000 cheques, much more than what Sunboy quoted.

Haha remember I quoted 800+ submitters (not cheques) and amongst them are near 90 multiple units purchasers? :)

matrix0405
13-11-13, 10:18
Booking has started.

bargain hunter
13-11-13, 10:21
thot bro sunboy said its tomorrow for multiple units?

Booking has started.

amk
13-11-13, 11:26
i would pick DUO over the view at CS for sure.

I will pick DUO over CS regardless.

in fact I did ;)

ecimbew
13-11-13, 11:58
Stack 19 south facing... I love windows facing south.

sunboy77
13-11-13, 12:02
Haha getting ready for tomorrow. :cheers4:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/jeje008/photo_zps9201a2f8.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeje008/media/photo_zps9201a2f8.jpg.html)

Learner
13-11-13, 12:31
Haha getting ready for tomorrow. :cheers4:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/jeje008/photo_zps9201a2f8.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeje008/media/photo_zps9201a2f8.jpg.html)

All these yours? Good luck with balloting :)

Sion
13-11-13, 13:12

This appears to be based on the original indicative price. Any news on whether the developer is going to reduce the launch price as speculated in last Saturday's Straits Times report?

sunboy77
13-11-13, 13:35
All these yours? Good luck with balloting :)

Thanks for the well wishes.

Yes all these are mine. But most of my CBRE colleagues also have such, if not more. :)

matrix0405
13-11-13, 14:25
CBRE, DTZ and ERA are appointed as agent. Jolly jostling expected.

ekl2ekl2
13-11-13, 19:11
Thanks for the well wishes.

Yes all these are mine. But most of my CBRE colleagues also have such, if not more. :)

You have 11 out of >1000. Tough odds.
But Fortune sometimes favours the Kind.
Hope your kind sharing brings u luck!

Learner
13-11-13, 19:24
You have 11 out of >1000. Tough odds.
But Fortune sometimes favours the Kind.
Hope your kind sharing brings u luck!

Maybe all his 11 are multi unit purchases? ;)

smellyfish
13-11-13, 19:24
Question: if a person give 100 cheques, draw 5 units, want to give up 4 units, will he be allowed to do so? Or will he be made to either honor all or give up all?

CCR
13-11-13, 19:50
Hi anyone lucky enough to book units Today? What is the selling Price?

smartboy2
13-11-13, 20:19
SOON to be DUO-OWNERS.................

HUAT AH!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCR
13-11-13, 21:06
SOON to be DUO-OWNERS.................

HUAT AH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buying at the peak of the market cycle will Hurt?

sunboy77
13-11-13, 21:14
Buying at the peak of the market cycle will Hurt?

Haha what if these prices are already tapered?
With buying sentiments like two years ago and without all the CMs, possible to get an unit at DUO at less than $2k psf?

princess_morbucks
13-11-13, 22:58
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/private-sector-donors/885580.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Upcoming condominium Duo Residences in Bugis, slated to come on stream in 2017, is making waves in Malaysia.
SINGAPORE: Upcoming condominium Duo Residences in Bugis, slated to come on stream in 2017, is set to spice up Singapore's skyline and rejuvenate the district.

Nestled within the heart of the city state, Duo Residences is making waves in Malaysia.

Analysts said the development will offer the largest number of homes in the city at 660 units.

According to marketing materials, indicative prices for units at Duo range between S$1,800 and S$2,000 per square foot (psf) on average.

It is the first integrated development undertaken by M+S Private Limited, a joint venture set up in June 2011 between Khazanah Nasional and Temasek Holdings, following a land swap agreement between Singapore and Malaysia.

Speaking after the recent opening of its show gallery in Plaza Mont Kiara in Kuala Lumpur, M + S Private Limited’s chief operating officer Kemmy Tan said the public from both sides of the causeway will be given the opportunity to take the first bite at the units when the project is concurrently launched in mid-November.

Ms Tan elaborated: "The fact we are launching it in these two markets first will give them the ability to buy in first because the demand has been quite strong … the two markets will have the ability to buy in and own a piece of the history."

Designed by internationally acclaimed architect Ole Sheeren, the 49-storey tower forms part of the largest Duo integrated development that consists of a five star hotel, retail and office space.

The residential offerings include studios, one to four bedroom apartments and penthouses with a price range between S$1 million to over S$4 million.

Still, the developer believes the project offers a good investor value in scarce Singapore where supply is limited.

Ms Tan said: "To buy an apartment in the city with integrated concept and with two MRT serving the development, this is a rare find -- any buyer should be looking at this angle. For Malaysians looking at alternatives other than Malaysia, (they) will look at Singapore as a natural choice because of the nearness, and how connected both countries are.”

With an expected rental yield of 4 per cent, the ease of connectivity between the two countries plus a potential capital appreciation and currency gains, Duo is bound to whet the appetite of well-heeled investors.

scorpio_sg
14-11-13, 06:36
Hi. Can a multiple purchaser who ballots today eventually just decide to buy just one unit?

bargain hunter
14-11-13, 06:50
they will be asked to come back tomorrow to buy the one unit.............if its still there.

Hi. Can a multiple purchaser who ballots today eventually just decide to buy just one unit?

kellogs
14-11-13, 07:38
Today is D DAY! 1pm Ballot ... hopefully i can get the units which I wanted ... would update later :)

Singleton
14-11-13, 07:44
Today is D DAY! 1pm Ballot ... hopefully i can get the units which I wanted ... would update later :)

Best of luck and share with us your good news!

bargain hunter
14-11-13, 07:48
good luck! nice to have someone else in addition to sunboy to update. he should be really busy today. :)

zeamybro
14-11-13, 07:55

Good luck! I will be there too this aftn!

DC33_2008
14-11-13, 07:59
Great. Can give "live" reports on site. Wonder what will be the % foreigners to local?

mermaid
14-11-13, 08:36

liddat wun get priority q liao leh ...

hopeful
14-11-13, 08:54
if want only 1 unit, submit 2 cheques.
exercise 1 option.
dont exercise the other option, lose only 1.25% or if think a different way, pay 1.25% more to get ahead of the people who wants to buy 1 unit only.

chestnut
14-11-13, 09:40

Bro, u also bio this ar....

U damn rich leh

:cheers1::cheers1:

mermaid
14-11-13, 09:41
Bro, u also bio this ar....

U damn rich leh

:cheers1::cheers1:

isn't zeamybro an agent?

sunboy77
14-11-13, 09:50
Updates:

28 units sold yesterday to VVIPs.

scorpio_sg
14-11-13, 10:02
What sort of units? Price?

Updates:

bargain hunter
14-11-13, 10:07
that's a surprisingly low number. how come the 40 unit buyer from your agency is not entitled to buy yesterday?

Updates:

zeamybro
14-11-13, 10:12
isn't zeamybro an agent?

Mermaid, no, i am not an agent =)

ichigo55
14-11-13, 10:25
this is quite small number ... but I suppose they bought big units?

Updates:

mermaid
14-11-13, 10:52
Mermaid, no, i am not an agent =)

oops! my bad! tat was zeewee n not zeamybro :o :ashamed1:

matrix0405
14-11-13, 11:00
that's a surprisingly low number. how come the 40 unit buyer from your agency is not entitled to buy yesterday?

Yesterday was, VVIP. Today is for VIPs.

sunboy77
14-11-13, 12:08
Start liao!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/jeje008/image_zps030674a2.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeje008/media/image_zps030674a2.jpg.html)

Learner
14-11-13, 12:52
Exciting time :)

princess_morbucks
14-11-13, 13:16
if want only 1 unit, submit 2 cheques.
exercise 1 option.
dont exercise the other option, lose only 1.25% or if think a different way, pay 1.25% more to get ahead of the people who wants to buy 1 unit only.

Submit cheque don't need to put any money leh.
Just submit a blank cheque to indicate your interest.
If don't want to buy, they will just return you the blank cheque.
Sign OTP then must pay the 1.25%.

mermaid
14-11-13, 13:37

but if 1 of u dun wan to buy, the other who is buying hv to go back n join the rest in the balloting liao lor ...

Ringo33
14-11-13, 14:13

Agent also need to make a living. If dont want to buy then dont waste agent's time lah.

mermaid
14-11-13, 14:24
Agent also need to make a living. If dont want to buy then dont waste agent's time lah.

actually I really doubt wat one see at vvip.

I suspect not everyone of the crowds r genuine buyers who submitted chqs ...

during the 2 vvip tat I went, the crowds r significantly more den the actual buyers. for my proj, the crowd can fight wif duo one, in fact, when I see the picture, I feel tat the crowd over at mine is even more. tink 1k+.
in the end only 300+ sold nia :doh:
dun tell me 3/4 of them last min changed their mind?
mine de pricing is surprisingly slightly lower den expectation, so no reason for the last min huge drop out rite?
hence I suspect the crowds there mayb r calefe :D

princess_morbucks
14-11-13, 14:26

I don't wanna waste my time too.
But sometimes, some people are undecided.
Or they cannot get the units they want so they reject.
I am replying to hopeful's post that give blank cheque but later don't wanna buy, won't incur the loss of 1.25%.

DC33_2008
14-11-13, 15:18
What is the latest no. of units sold here?

hopeful
14-11-13, 15:23

i think you are mistaken about the intention of submitting 2 blank cheques if you want to get 1 unit in Duo.

earlier, forummers/agents have said if intent to buy only 1 unit instead of multiple units even though you submit multiple cheques, , then they wont entertain you and instead, ask you to join another queue.

so if you only want to get a unit in duo, then you pay OTP for the 2 units.
however, you only exercise only 1 OTP, the 2nd OTP you dont exercise. so you forfeit 1.25%.
if a unit is 1.5mil, that 1.25% is only 18k to let you cut the queue in front of the single unit buyers.

i am not sure if multiple unit buyers also have rankings. those who submit cheques for 40 units would have higher priority than those who submit cheques for 2 units only. that one need to ask sunboy77.

moneytalk
14-11-13, 15:27
i think you are mistaken about the intention of submitting 2 blank cheques if you want to get 1 unit in Duo.

earlier, forummers/agents have said if intent to buy only 1 unit instead of multiple units even though you submit multiple cheques, , then they wont entertain you and instead, ask you to join another queue.

however, you only exercise only 1 OTP, the 2nd OTP you dont exercise. so you forfeit 1.25%.
if a unit is 1.5mil, that 1.25% is only 18k to let you cut the queue in front of the single unit buyers.

i am not sure if multiple unit buyers also have rankings. those who submit cheques for 40 units would have higher priority than those who submit cheques for 2 units only. that one need to ask sunboy77.

If I am not wrong, you pay 5% and not 1.25% to exercise the option for this project.

DC33_2008
14-11-13, 15:31
I have attended a couple of such balloting exercises. Multiple units buyers' queue will go by ranking based on no. of units. It will be followed by agent's queue before it goes to the single unit purchaser. Multiple unit purchasers have to choose all the units that he/she has requested for originally. Otherwise, he will be eligible to choose. This is fair practice.

hopeful
14-11-13, 15:36
I have attended a couple of such balloting exercises. Multiple units buyers' queue will go by ranking based on no. of units. It will be followed by agent's queue before it goes to the single unit purchaser. Multiple unit purchasers have to choose all the units that he/she has requested for originally. Otherwise, he will be eligible to choose. This is fair practice.

so the best outcome for a single unit purchaser is to submit 2 cheques, indicating his desired units and for somebody else to take one of his choices, leaving him only a single unit for him to buy?

moneytalk
14-11-13, 15:37
so the best outcome for a single unit purchaser is to submit 2 cheques, indicating his desired units and for somebody else to take one of his choices, leaving him only a single unit for him to buy?
They have already thought of it. You are not allowed to assign.

mermaid
14-11-13, 15:37

yes, tat's my understanding too.
previously when we submitted 2 chqs, our agent told us tat we will belong to the 1st category tat is allowed to be balloted. however, shd one of us back out, the other will hv no priority to select even though both of us may be inside. The other person will hv be balloted tgt wif the rest of the single unit applicants.

I hv tried all sort of scenarios, all gena caught :D

hopeful
14-11-13, 15:48

huh, i am not talking about assign.
let's say i indicated i want 2 x 1BR from 5-15 floor.
however, when my turns come, only 1 unit available.
what happens then?
am i force to choose 1 unit from another type, another floor?

mermaid
14-11-13, 15:54
huh, i am not talking about assign.
let's say i indicated i want 2 x 1BR from 5-15 floor.
however, when my turns come, only 1 unit available.
what happens then?
am i force to choose 1 unit from another type, another floor?

it is up to u, it doesn't matter to them anyway.
wat they r concern is the number of units u commited eventually muz be the same as wat u indicated in the expression of interest form.

eg u genuinely wanted to get 2 units but when yr turn comes, only 1 is left. they will allow u to buy now only if u transact 2 units at the same time, else yr balloting will start only after the multiple buyers hv finished selecting. developers dun care if it is the same stack/storey/unit type tat u hv indicated.

they juz wanna be fair to all buyers & dun wan ppl to exploit any loopholes, be it thr 2 buyers, 2 chqs or 2 agents.

but usually when u r in priority q, only a handful of ppl nia. hence very low possibility the units tat u one is no longer there.

bargain hunter
14-11-13, 15:57
yah, 1pm ballot until almost 5pm liao still not done? :confused::ashamed1:

What is the latest no. of units sold here?

DC33_2008
14-11-13, 15:59
It is rather "malu" if the person decided to take fewer units or give up with so many people watching you on stage and the person holding on to the mic making the annoucement. :ashamed1:
wat they r concern is the number of units u commited eventually muz be the same as wat u indicated in the expression of interest form.

eg u genuinely wanted to get 2 units but when yr turn comes, only 1 is left. they will allow u to buy now only if u transact 2 units at the same time. they dun care if it is the same stack or storey tat u hv indicated.

they juz wanna be fair & dun wan ppl to exploit any loopholes, be it thr 2 buyers, 2 chqs or 2 agents.

but usually when u r in priorty q, only a handful of ppl nia. hence very low possibility the units tat u one is no longer there.

hopeful
14-11-13, 15:59

eg u genuinely wanted to get 2 units but when yr turn comes, only 1 is left. they will allow u to buy now only if u transact 2 units at the same time. they dun care if it is the same stack or storey tat u hv indicated.

they juz dun wan ppl to exploit any loopholes, be it thr 2 ppl, 2 chqs or 2 agents.

but usually when u r in priorty q, only a handful of ppl nia. hence very low possibility the units tat u one is no longer there.

ok, so i pay OTP for 2 units, exercise one, dont exercise the other.
i pay 1.25% premium to get infront of the queue for single unit buyers.
if 2000psf, then that 1.25% is only 25psf.

moneytalk
14-11-13, 16:02

eg u genuinely wanted to get 2 units but when yr turn comes, only 1 is left. they will allow u to buy now only if u transact 2 units at the same time, else yr balloting will start only after the multiple buyers hv finished selecting. developers dun care if it is the same stack/storey/unit type tat u hv indicated.

they juz wanna be fair to all buyers & dun wan ppl to exploit any loopholes, be it thr 2 buyers, 2 chqs or 2 agents.

but usually when u r in priority q, only a handful of ppl nia. hence very low possibility the units tat u one is no longer there.

Thanks mermaid, you are very eloquent.

mermaid
14-11-13, 16:06
ok, so i pay OTP for 2 units, exercise one, dont exercise the other.
i pay 1.25% premium to get infront of the queue for single unit buyers.
if 2000psf, then that 1.25% is only 25psf.

oh, I see where u r coming fm. execute the real one & hantum another cheap one so tat the 1.25% extra cost will be small.

u nvr explained yrself clearly.

moneytalk
14-11-13, 16:08
oh, I see where u r coming fm. execute the real one & hantum another cheap one so tat the 1.25% extra cost will be small.

u nvr explained yrself clearly.

To lose 5% is not a small sum.

newbie11
14-11-13, 16:09
i think many silent readers going to use this approach and make agents/ developers bo eng to cancel S&P. :p

mermaid
14-11-13, 16:10
To lose 5% is not a small sum.

irrc, is 25% of the 5% deposit paid, hence is 1.25%.

i think many silent readers going to use this approach and make agents/ developers bo eng to cancel S&P. :p
now I noe y so many returned units liao :47:

hopeful
14-11-13, 16:17
irrc, is 25% of the 5% deposit paid, hence is 1.25%.

now I noe y so many returned units liao :47:

if you join the priority queue for multiple unit buyers, then most likely the lower floors are still available to you.

since lower floors are cheaper than higher floors, then it is worth to pay the 1.25% premium.

using the 2000psf example, 1.25% = 25psf. that is equivalent to 1 to 2 stories higher.
so if managed to get 8th floor, instead of 20th floor, then already worth it to pay the 1.25% premium.

8th to 20th floor should be about 180psf(?) difference.

fiat500
14-11-13, 16:17
So the question now is: How many units sold today till now?
Anyone can update?

bargain hunter
14-11-13, 16:22
hee, our 2 buyers and 1 agent seem very busy. till now still haven't finished selecting units, let alone have time to update us. :cheers1:

So the question now is: How many units sold today till now?
Anyone can update?

mermaid
14-11-13, 16:23
if you join the priority queue for multiple unit buyers, then most likely the floors are still available to you.

since lower floors are cheaper than higher floors, then it is worth to pay the 1.25% premium.

using the 2000psf example, 1.25% = 25psf. that is equivalent to 1 to 2 stories higher.
so if managed to get 8th floor, instead of 20th floor, then already worth it to pay the 1.25% premium.

8th to 20th floor should be about 150psf difference.

well, it does make sense esp if the project is like JG or SV whereby one run the risk of not getting the desired unit.

hmmm ... come to tink of it I muz be very lucky cos I q > 4 hrs yet I still managed to get my most desired stack n storey.
but perhaps my project is too lousy to begin wif so no one to fight wif me.

sunboy77
14-11-13, 16:48
About 200 units sold at this hour. Will provide more details later.

Queue and balloting is still ongoing!

Prices are lower, lower, lower (yes must use "lower" three times) than expected!

My client bought something at $15xx psf (yes cheaper than Alex. Hahaha.)

Cheapest unit #03-08 studio at $902k.
#28-01 1BR 646 sqft so high floor also $1.293m nia.

moneytalk
14-11-13, 16:48
if you join the priority queue for multiple unit buyers, then most likely the lower floors are still available to you.

8th to 20th floor should be about 180psf(?) difference.

Learn something new today, thanks.

ichigo55
14-11-13, 17:00
thanks for the update ...
15xx psf is for which size..
03-08 is studio ... that's quite good price
now problem is any low floors left for tomorrow? :)

Prices are lower, lower, lower (yes must use "lower" three times) than expected!

newbie11
14-11-13, 17:01
cheap.. can have more M+S developments?

zeamybro
14-11-13, 17:05
http://i39.tinypic.com/102ujph.jpg

moneytalk
14-11-13, 17:09

Did they release the high floors too? I thought this phase was for 19 floor and below.

zeamybro
14-11-13, 17:10
http://i43.tinypic.com/23lnqpx.jpg

Learner
14-11-13, 17:12
This project is hot!

DC33_2008
14-11-13, 17:20
Wow. $2000plus psf for 28 floor. But these are mutilple units purchase price. Correct?

sunboy77
14-11-13, 17:37
Wow. $2000plus psf for 28 floor. But these are mutilple units purchase price. Correct?
Multiple prices and single prices are the same. :)

fiat500
14-11-13, 18:07
200+ plus units sold @this point of time doesn't seems too impressive....:cheers1:

zeamybro
14-11-13, 18:10
200+ plus units sold @this point of time doesn't seems too impressive....:cheers1:

Today is only meant for the vvips ... Tmr then open to public.

DC33_2008
14-11-13, 18:36
Concourse skyline will face stiff competition looking at the $psf.
Multiple prices and single prices are the same. :)

sunboy77
14-11-13, 18:45

Night time liao. Queue still going strong.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/jeje008/image_zpsf6798243.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeje008/media/image_zpsf6798243.jpg.html)

sunboy77
14-11-13, 18:48

Haha for your info today is just for the VVIPs who are multiple units purchasers. Yes we need to cater one whole day just for multiple units purchasers.

Tomorrow's single units purchasers is about 9 to 10 times more in numbers.

sunboy77
14-11-13, 18:50
So envious of my colleague who just did a 10 units bulk buy, and then a 5 units bulk buy....

zeamybro
14-11-13, 18:52
Haha for your info today is just for the VVIPs who are multiple units purchasers. Yes we need to cater one whole day just for multiple units purchasers.

Tomorrow's single units purchasers is about 9 to 10 times more in numbers.

Tmr buyers must be mentally prepared .. From what I see, left mostly the larger sized and higher floor units of bigger quantum of cos....

scorpio_sg
14-11-13, 18:53
Gosh. Can some kind soul pls post the updated sale distribution when everything closes today?