PDA

View Full Version : Duo Residences,99LH, M+S Pte Ltd [Ophir-Rochor]

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Cyberknight
18-01-14, 23:33
CCR, how do you explain 300+ units still have not lodge caveat yet?

Th deadline to lodge caveat is b4 the first bank loan disbursement. Foundation not even completed. Lawyers have plenty of time to lodge caveats. Cheers.

bossa
18-01-14, 23:59
Th deadline to lodge caveat is b4 the first bank loan disbursement. Foundation not even completed. Lawyers have plenty of time to lodge caveats. Cheers.

Not true that caveat is lodge only before the first bank disbursement. Caveat is lodge by the bank once the buyer accepted and signed the loan offer. Because of the current low interest rate loan offer, any sound minded buyers would want to quickly secure a loan now while interest rate is still low even though the first bank disbursement could be a year or 2 from now just in case they might not be able to get a loan later on when the developer calls for the disbursement of the remaining outstanding amount.
I will be surprised that genuine buyers still have not secured a loan as yet, it's been Nov since the DUO was launched. How certain are they that they will be able to secured loan later??? unless they are cash rich, need not borrow from the bank?

Cyberknight
19-01-14, 00:14
Not true that caveat is lodge only before the first bank disbursement. Caveat is lodge by the bank once the buyer accepted and signed the loan offer. Because of the current low interest rate loan offer, any sound minded buyers would want to quickly secure a loan now while interest rate is still low even though the first bank disbursement could be a year or 2 from now just in case they might not be able to get a loan later on when the developer calls for the disbursement of the remaining outstanding amount.
I will be surprised that genuine buyers still have not secured a loan as yet, it's been Nov since the DUO was launched. How certain are they that they will be able to secured loan later??? unless they are cash rich, need not borrow from the bank?

Caveat is lodged by bank's lawyer lah. They can lodge whenver they wan.....as long as get the documents done b4 e 1st disbursements lah....

bossa
19-01-14, 01:07
Caveat is lodged by bank's lawyer lah. They can lodge whenver they wan.....as long as get the documents done b4 e 1st disbursements lah....

when I said bank, I mean the bank's lawyer la.
no bank will allow their lawyers to sit on it and not lodge the caveat especially when the bank has committed to the loan and customers accepted it la...cheers

Ringo33
19-01-14, 07:34
no bank will allow their lawyers to sit on it and not lodge the caveat especially when the bank has committed to the loan and customers accepted it la...cheers

If buyer can only qualify for 50% loan, there is really no need to sign up for any mortgage immediately because you wont need the loan till at much later stage of the construction.

hopeful
19-01-14, 07:56
CCR, how do you explain 300+ units still have not lodge caveat yet? Are all these buyers fully pay by cash?
What are the KPMG auditors auditing?
As I have mentioned that marketing ploy is not illegal, all it need is to have a phantom buyers as VVIP given priority on to buy up all the popular choice units and return the units later on.

i will definitely call you out on this one.

do you know this for a fact or is this all your BS ?
300+ phantom buyer?

well you give an explanation why a developer would overreport sales, any explanation why a developer would underreport sales?

another DKSG :doh:

bargain hunter
19-01-14, 10:03
if the 300 caveats which have not been lodged, they could have paid the 20% downpayment but not yet taken bank loan? they have the option of taking bank loan subsequently and/or pay cash for further installments partially or in full?

of course if they run into financial difficulties subsequently and can't get a loan, then they may default?

bargain hunter
19-01-14, 10:05
i agree with this and as in my previous post, all the various other possibilities of 70% loan all the way to zero% loan. they do not need to take up a loan now.

If buyer can only qualify for 50% loan, there is really no need to sign up for any mortgage immediately because you wont need the loan till at much later stage of the construction.

bullman
19-01-14, 10:22

Hi buddy,

My 3 units are not lodged as there is no bank loan. Most of my friends who bought into the project are also not taking up a loan yet so no lodgement also. As for the so called "phantom buyers" conspiracy theory that you are advocating, a logical explanation is that most buyers booked 3 to qualify for bulk buy but only proceeded with 1-2 units. The forfeited amount is still lower than a 10% increase in price. The chances of securing the units that you want is also almost certain during the bulk buy stage.

CCR
19-01-14, 10:26
CCR, how do you explain 300+ units still have not lodge caveat yet? Are all these buyers fully pay by cash?
What are the KPMG auditors auditing?
As I have mentioned that marketing ploy is not illegal, all it need is to have a phantom buyers as VVIP given priority on to buy up all the popular choice units and return the units later on.

The auditors are there to make sure the buyers names and cheque tally.... and the balloting is fair and transparent.... they are so strict that for multiple units buyers, if the OTP of the multiple units is of different names you will be rejected....

And if they want to just use this marketing ploy, why only sell 28 units to vvip? Sell 300 units to vvip

bossa
19-01-14, 10:30

There will be some cash rich who do not need a loan (often these are foreign buyers). Now in the context of DUO, it was reported that majority abt 80% of buyers are Singaporean with the remaining 20% consisted of Malaysians and other foreigners.

Again you assumed that majority of these Singaporeans buyers are 2nd home buyers (only take 50% loan), hence the bulk of caveat not lodge yet.
Even if I go by your assumption of the majority buyers only need up to 50% loan, why would a lot them take the risk not to secure a bank loan now? what if they can't secure a loan 1 or 2 years from now when the 2nd part of the 50% payment kicks in because they lose a job etc?

Hippyee
19-01-14, 10:32
I took a bank loan and caveat was just lodged but yet to be uploaded on the ura website. So, everyone, relax....

Ringo33
19-01-14, 10:45
There will be some cash rich who do not need a loan (often these are foreign buyers). Now in the context of DUO, it was reported that majority abt 80% of buyers are Singaporean with the remaining 20% consisted of Malaysians and other foreigners.

Again you assumed that majority of these Singaporeans buyers are 2nd home buyers (only take 50% loan), hence the bulk of caveat not lodge yet.
Even if I go by your assumption of the majority buyers only need up to 50% loan, why would a lot them take the risk not to secure a bank loan now? what if they can't secure a loan 1 or 2 years from now when the 2nd part of the 50% payment kicks in because they lose a job etc?

Again you are paraphrasing what I wrote.

Did I say majority? Or did you just made that up to divert this discussion away from your silly and baseless assumptions that 300+ units are bought by phantom buyers trying to generate buzz of the project?

All this silly conspiracy theory about losing job etc etc are just evidence that you are struggling to defend your silly and baseless theory. You could also throw in contracting HIV or getting kill by fallen tree etc to amuse yourself, but please dont use that as a basis to 4 to 5 pages of nonsensical arguments just because you of silly theory.

sunboy77
19-01-14, 11:09
Hahaha it amuses me that some smart alecks are into these "phantom buyers" conjectures.

Sale of developers' units in Singapore are governed by the Housing Developers Act. And it is mandatory that every developer keep a sales register with all required information (e.g. buyer's name, IC number, contact no. etc.) at every project showflat and office at any one point. The URA and MND people can walk into the showflat at any time and ask the developer to produce the sales register to cross-check the units that claimed were "sold".

So, simi phantom buyers???

Learner
19-01-14, 11:51

I have personal experience that caveat is lodged months later.

CCR
19-01-14, 11:56
Since it M+S they will make sure they are super transparent.... and the reason the under price this project is 2 fold.... PAP keep saying market too high, then when they launch their own product they price High high Ah? 2nd, it's their first project, so must make sure it's successful so can announce to whole world this is a successful partnership...

This phantom buyers and sell good units to directors first then release out at higher price makes me wanna laugh....

Btw, if you have been to the balloting, you will notice that the cars outside the show fat are 80% Mercedes S class, 7 series, Bentley, posche and other bug continental cars

proud owner
19-01-14, 16:24
I sold a penthouse unit in 2009 ... to date ...buyer has not lodged caveat ...

I do not know if he took any loan though

CCR
19-01-14, 16:36
I sold a penthouse unit in 2009 ... to date ...buyer has not lodged caveat ...

I do not know if he took any loan though

according to bossa, it's a phantom buyer

bargain hunter
19-01-14, 19:56
giving new meaning to phantom, a buyer who came in a rolls royce phantom :D

according to bossa, it's a phantom buyer

Ringo33
19-01-14, 20:07

or Ghost buyer

CCR
19-01-14, 20:40

This is a good one :D

sunboy77
19-01-14, 21:07
Hahaha Ghost buyer is a good one too! :D

WhoAmI?
19-01-14, 21:17

Last June, I bought one MM without any loan after signed the SnP about 2-3 weeks later URA wedisite I can see my unit's caveat is lodged. So I confirmed with or without loan your property's caveat will be lodged.

Cyberknight
20-01-14, 16:41
Last June, I bought one MM without any loan after signed the SnP about 2-3 weeks later URA wedisite I can see my unit's caveat is lodged. So I confirmed with or without loan your property's caveat will be lodged.

caveat lodged in SLA is to protect ur interest in the event of duplicate ownership in fraud. BUT owner can instruct his lawyer NOT to lodge if not taking bank loan. Reason given is PRIVACY. Super rich owners dun wan ppl to login in URA n check their net worth.

In bank loan, bank will wan the lawyer represent them which is EXTERNAL party to lodge caveat as FIRST legal claim over ur property in event of default or bankrupt. So bank will check all documents n procedures done BEFORE the 1st loan disbursement. Therefore, the EXTERNAL lawyer can SLOWLY do they online login sla to lodge caveat maybe last few working days before 1st disbursement.

Once lodged caveat sla, the details will show in ura in the next update either tue or fri.

If dun believe, ask ur lawyer next time u buy\sell ppty.

Hope it clarifies.

Ringo33
20-01-14, 16:47
Can you pay to remove a caveat that has already been lodged?

Cyberknight
20-01-14, 17:13
Can you pay to remove a caveat that has already been lodged?

Owners must instruct their own lawyer to DISCHARGE the ppty once mortgage is fully paid off. ANd bear all costs and charges. Bank most likely will agree to remove the caveat/1st legal charge when u dun own them any OTHER kinds of money. But the data is still there lah.

If u are NOT the owners or non related parties to this ppty, of cos NO. Why govt would allow ppl to MESS up the system? That's why Singapore is one of the world's most OPEN pprty mkt. Where u can find rental, ppty px n charts etc in govt's websites.

But the system has been abused. Developers selling air spaces and giving renovation/furitures rebates at TOP to manipulate PSF/px in URA data. To give false impressions of px going up. Hope they find ways to correct these behaviours.

Hope these help u all understand further.

WhoAmI?
21-01-14, 00:10
caveat lodged in SLA is to protect ur interest in the event of duplicate ownership in fraud. BUT owner can instruct his lawyer NOT to lodge if not taking bank loan. Reason given is PRIVACY. Super rich owners dun wan ppl to login in URA n check their net worth.

In bank loan, bank will wan the lawyer represent them which is EXTERNAL party to lodge caveat as FIRST legal claim over ur property in event of default or bankrupt. So bank will check all documents n procedures done BEFORE the 1st loan disbursement. Therefore, the EXTERNAL lawyer can SLOWLY do they online login sla to lodge caveat maybe last few working days before 1st disbursement.

Once lodged caveat sla, the details will show in ura in the next update either tue or fri.

If dun believe, ask ur lawyer next time u buy\sell ppty.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks for sharing. Now I understand how it works.

bargain hunter
21-01-14, 12:17
there are now 317 caveats. including the multiple units, 337 units have lodged caveats.

CCR
21-01-14, 12:45
Ura indicate left 70 units, will be less after jan I think

princess_morbucks
24-01-14, 22:19
Saw this on squarefoot.com

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BewQcxYCUAItk_b.jpg

CCR
25-01-14, 21:24
Saw this on squarefoot.com

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BewQcxYCUAItk_b.jpg

Quite low.... latest update from agent, left 60 units including those returned units

VAR
26-01-14, 11:29
Quite low.... latest update from agent, left 60 units including those returned units
I know one of the return unit is the last 2 bed room being sold on the on the single day balloting, around 1.7mil. It was already like 9pm, there are still people in the queue and I think the buyer is pressurized to buy. Ha, I was actually few people behind him and hoping he will not buy that unit so I have a chance. Subsequently, think he either regret or the unit is beyond him(cannot meet TDSR). There are also studio units returned, mostly these are those which the design are the not so good one. I heard from my agents that the returned units are grabbed the minutes they are released even though they are marked up again like 10%。

CCR
26-01-14, 22:00
I know one of the return unit is the last 2 bed room being sold on the on the single day balloting, around 1.7mil. It was already like 9pm, there are still people in the queue and I think the buyer is pressurized to buy. Ha, I was actually few people behind him and hoping he will not buy that unit so I have a chance. Subsequently, think he either regret or the unit is beyond him(cannot meet TDSR). There are also studio units returned, mostly these are those which the design are the not so good one. I heard from my agents that the returned units are grabbed the minutes they are released even though they are marked up again like 10%。

Yes, same here, agent told me prices up 10 to 15% still grab.... so did you managed to buy any Unit?

VAR
27-01-14, 09:03
Yes, same here, agent told me prices up 10 to 15% still grab.... so did you managed to buy any Unit?
No, I did not, but my cousin bought a 700sqft 1+1study, the previous buyer according to my agent, cannot satisfy the TDSR so have to give up.

kellogs
27-01-14, 09:09

CCR did you manage to buy any unit?

CCR
27-01-14, 15:39
ya managed to get one on Friday, the day after the multiple purchase

CCR
27-01-14, 15:52
No, I did not, but my cousin bought a 700sqft 1+1study, the previous buyer according to my agent, cannot satisfy the TDSR so have to give up.

So your cousin bought at 10% higher?

VAR
27-01-14, 17:11
So your cousin bought at 10% higher?

Yes, definitely much higher based and based on what his agents said, the increase is generally around 10%. You are lucky to get it on the balloting day. In fact, on the balloting day itself, there are a few times during the day which the price actually adjusted upwards. So if you get your unit in the morning, you get it at a cheaper price.

CCR
27-01-14, 17:17
Yes, definitely much higher based and based on what his agents said, the increase is generally around 10%. You are lucky to get it on the balloting day. In fact, on the balloting day itself, there are a few times during the day which the price actually adjusted upwards. So if you get your unit in the morning, you get it at a cheaper price.

You mean same day price also Increase? A few times? What time did they adjusted the Price? How come you never get one unit for Yourself?

kellogs
27-01-14, 17:18

I was told the multiple purchase unit was cheaper than Friday (single unit)

Anyway i was unable to get the floor which I wanted so ended up buying 20th and 28th floor

WhoAmI?
27-01-14, 17:57
You mean same day price also Increase? A few times? What time did they adjusted the Price? How come you never get one unit for Yourself?

Agent told me the same day after 1pm price up 10%. So those who brought b4 1pm got 10% discount and return units another 10% up. So total up by about 20% up. Can any agent from this form confirm?

CCR
27-01-14, 18:11
I was told the multiple purchase unit was cheaper than Friday (single unit)

Anyway i was unable to get the floor which I wanted so ended up buying 20th and 28th floor

So you bought on Thu?

VAR
27-01-14, 18:16
Was right at the end of the queue at 9pm. Was there since 9am in the morning for ballating but my number was not called till the last minute, so luck not good.

CCR
27-01-14, 19:44
And yet you still managed to buy 2 Units? Wow!

kellogs
27-01-14, 20:09
So you bought on Thu?

Yea I bought on Thurs .. 3pm plus balloted

CCR
27-01-14, 20:55
Yea I bought on Thurs .. 3pm plus balloted

Ah ok, then still good price..... are you confident of this Project? Even with market peaking this Year?

kellogs
27-01-14, 23:59
Ah ok, then still good price..... are you confident of this Project? Even with market peaking this Year?

I believe It is a good project but I am not sure If I would be making good profit out of it.

proud owner
28-01-14, 00:29
I believe It is a good project but I am not sure If I would be making good profit out of it.

I believe you will see profit by TOP

Hippyee
28-01-14, 07:12
Also depends on the pricing of South Beach. Any idea the launch date and pricing?

clemdale24
28-01-14, 07:44
Also depends on the pricing of South Beach. Any idea the launch date and pricing?

bet south beach will be expensive.

DC33_2008
28-01-14, 07:46
Do not need to look far. Just compare with concourse skyline which is applying for TOP now.
bet south beach will be expensive.

CCR
28-01-14, 08:31

I totally agree...

The quality and fittings of the project is impressive....

Full cladded walls and qaulity fittings inside with good facilities..
There are only three 4 in 1 concept development in Singapore so far Duo, Clermont, South Beach. and Duo location has the right mix of buzz, 2 MRT lines, waterhole, shopping mall, hotels, Library, and cheap food along liang seah...

Actually very HK feel lol

Singleton
28-01-14, 08:33
I believe you will see profit by TOP

Agree with view.

DUO was launched a very reasonable price and those who bought the low to mid floors are likely to sit on good profits at TOP unless there are major catastrophic events

CCR
28-01-14, 08:33
Do not need to look far. Just compare with concourse skyline which is applying for TOP now.

Concourse is about same price ad Duo now right?

bargain hunter
28-01-14, 16:37
caveats lodged for 385 units already. more should be on the way.

CCR
28-01-14, 22:16
caveats lodged for 385 units already. more should be on the way.

Confirm 600 units by middle of next month

bargain hunter
29-01-14, 08:25
maybe not all will be lodged? 500 units possibly.

Confirm 600 units by middle of next month

jeffrey.teng
08-02-14, 16:54
Concourse is about same price ad Duo now right?

Concourse Skyline is selling at a higher price. Avg $2600 to $2800 psf, obtaining its TOP very soon.

There are a few new release of high floor 1-Bedroom units at DUO Residences (http://www.duo-rochor.com).

Adva181
08-02-14, 20:26
Selling my 2 bedder at concourse.
Mid floor $1950psf. Neg

Please PM me if anyone interested.

VAR
09-02-14, 10:24
Concourse Skyline is selling at a higher price. Avg $2600 to $2800 psf, obtaining its TOP very soon.

There are a few new release of high floor 1-Bedroom units at DUO Residences (http://www.duo-rochor.com).

Contradicting, so is it 2600 to 2800 Psf or 1950psf?

DC33_2008
09-02-14, 11:10
Saw a few unuts selling at $1900psf. Likely to be facing bugis at mid floor and below.
Contradicting, so is it 2600 to 2800 Psf or 1950psf?

bossa
09-02-14, 16:59
Thanks for info Jeff. How much are these high floor 1 BR units going for now psf?

bargain hunter
11-02-14, 12:34
416 caveats for duo residences lodged and counting.

Singleton
11-02-14, 19:42
Thanks for info Jeff. How much are these high floor 1 BR units going for now psf?

2300-2500pfs based on adverts

CCR
11-02-14, 20:31
416 caveats for duo residences lodged and counting.

Previously on forummer mentioned that duo developer faking the sale this why no caveats lodged lol

CCR
11-02-14, 20:32
2300-2500pfs based on adverts

Not new releases Right? It's bounced out units

Singleton
12-02-14, 19:47
Not new releases Right? It's bounced out units

Not sure on the latest, agents in this forum would know

Previously a few high floor 1 bedder still available.

sunboy77
18-02-14, 12:50
Today's new releases:

1 x studio (420 sqft) at $1,118,000
1 x 1BR (646 sqft) at $1,418,000

Call me at 96882200 if you wish to know more. :)

VAR
20-02-14, 14:21
Today's new releases:

1 x studio (420 sqft) at $1,118,000
1 x 1BR (646 sqft) at $1,418,000

Call me at 96882200 if you wish to know more. :)

Thought all studio, 1 bed , 1 bed + study and 2 rooms are all sold off.
Now is already Feb, and the launch is in Nov, meaning these drop out units are being purchased and then drop out again?

bargain hunter
20-02-14, 14:54
more correctly, prices have probably been jacked up. just look at the studio's pricing now vs the cheapest unit which was low 900k.

harder to find buyers but won't be surprised if some pple who dun mind being the carrothead who bot at 10% more than the majority, buys from our bro sunboy. :)

Thought all studio, 1 bed , 1 bed + study and 2 rooms are all sold off.
Now is already Feb, and the launch is in Nov, meaning these drop out units are being purchased and then drop out again?

sunboy77
20-02-14, 20:07
more correctly, prices have probably been jacked up. just look at the studio's pricing now vs the cheapest unit which was low 900k.

harder to find buyers but won't be surprised if some pple who dun mind being the carrothead who bot at 10% more than the majority, buys from our bro sunboy. :)

Haha I too wished I was the one who brokered this deal. But not.

Anyway the studio was sold liao.

CCR
20-02-14, 21:56
Damn fast, bounced out units very fast taken up, how many units left ?

bossa
20-02-14, 22:14

Alot of earlier balloting buyers bought left over low floor with bad facing units because those good units were told sold out. Now if these high floor and good facing units are now available for whatever reasons at 10% higher is still a good buy.

VAR
21-02-14, 13:06
Haha I too wished I was the one who brokered this deal. But not.

Anyway the studio was sold liao.

The stack 1(1 bedroom) drop out is a regular shape (squarish) which is in the top choice for those on the day of balloting.

This condo seem to be standing strong (with at least 10% mark up) compared with other condo launch which offered rebate on the Additional Buyers Stamp Duty.

Good luck to those who bought the condo. Huat Ah!

For me, not eager to buy yet, still observing the market.

CCR
21-02-14, 13:51
The stack 1(1 bedroom) drop out is a regular shape (squarish) which is in the top choice for those on the day of balloting.

This condo seem to be standing strong (with at least 10% mark up) compared with other condo launch which offered rebate on the Additional Buyers Stamp Duty.

Good luck to those who bought the condo. Huat Ah!

For me, not eager to buy yet, still observing the market.

But facing not so good, facing directly into Parkview.... yet the developer mark up at least 10%

sunboy77
21-02-14, 22:27
The 1BR also sold liao.

CCR
21-02-14, 23:09
Can you explain why after 10% increase demand still Good?

bossa
21-02-14, 23:24
Can you explain why after 10% increase demand still Good?

Demand is still good because these dropout units are high floors.
I pity those balloted buyers who bought low floor units because they were told that their high floor units of choice were sold but didnt have the discipline to walkout so settled for second best. There are buyers who rather pay 10% higher for high floor units.
Tell me why there are drop out units available now given tt buyers cant flip anymore? Possibke reasons are either these units was not sold in the first or there buyers who didnt do their financial planning or finding banks before committing only to realise tt they cant secured loan so bounced out and lose deposits.

bossa
22-02-14, 11:47
Question for some forummers who may know truth behind why there are dropout units?
Why are some buyers bounced out?
Are they subjected to seller's tax for selling within 5 yrs?
If so why would anyone want to jumped in only to bounced at a huge lost? I am sure savy home buyers would have done their homework before heading to the showroom on balloting day.

CCR
22-02-14, 16:33
Question for some forummers who may know truth behind why there are dropout units?
Why are some buyers bounced out?
Are they subjected to seller's tax for selling within 5 yrs?
If so why would anyone want to jumped in only to bounced at a huge lost? I am sure savy home buyers would have done their homework before heading to the showroom on balloting day.

Bounced out units no need to pay SSD cos never exercise, only lose 1.25% when I say 10% higher I meant these bounced out units are 10% higher than when it was launch, so much much higher than low floor units..

Would you consider 10th floor and above low Floor?

bossa
22-02-14, 18:12
Bounced out units no need to pay SSD cos never exercise, only lose 1.25% when I say 10% higher I meant these bounced out units are 10% higher than when it was launch, so much much higher than low floor units..

Still why buyerd bounced out? For what reasons?
Which flloors are these bounced out units that are going for 10% higher?

bossa
22-02-14, 18:28

Still why buyers bounced out? For what reasons?

CCR
23-02-14, 09:54
Still why buyers bounced out? For what reasons?

Gotta ask sunboy

jeffrey.teng
05-04-14, 12:28
Update on DUO Residences (http://www.duo-rochor.com)

Balance: 47 out of 660 units.

kellogs
06-04-14, 11:15
Update on DUO Residences (http://www.duo-rochor.com)

Balance: 47 out of 660 units.

Do you have the price list on the remaining units?

kellogs
15-09-14, 10:54
it appears the foundation has been completed!

CCR
17-09-14, 10:59
That is really fast... less than a year and foundation is complete...

Obayashi is different....
Have you went down to see the site? its so neat and tidy, our local main con should learn from the japanese

kellogs
22-09-14, 20:42
I drove past by DUO daily as I went to the gym nearby and needs to get on ECP to go home hehe

I gotta know the foundation is done because lawyer sent me a letter to make the progressive payment :)

CCR
22-09-14, 22:19
Have you heard who is the operator of the 5 star Hotel?

CCR
22-09-14, 22:23
And also what do u think of marina One? Which one is Better? Duo or marina One?

dtrax
23-09-14, 14:04
That is really fast... less than a year and foundation is complete...

Obayashi is different....
Have you went down to see the site? its so neat and tidy, our local main con should learn from the japanese

Cannot compare... obayashi more than 100yrs already and they are at space age technology.

DC33_2008
23-09-14, 14:35
Not many construction companies in the world have their own research institutes. Obayashi is one and shimizhu is the other. They even played music on site when people work.
Cannot compare... obayashi more than 100yrs already and they are at space age technology.

CCR
23-09-14, 22:35
Not many construction companies in the world have their own research institutes. Obayashi is one and shimizhu is the other. They even played music on site when people work.

OMG Really! Thanks for the Info! This is news to Me! So confirm good workmanship ?

kellogs
20-01-15, 09:57
DUO progress street view taken on 15th of Jan 2015

dtrax
03-02-15, 12:09
Have you heard who is the operator of the 5 star Hotel?

Hyatt hotel

lchunleo
02-11-15, 21:49
just curious, what is the average selling psf now given the current market profile?

PropVestor
13-11-15, 17:17
Already one unit of Duo is sold at lost. Odd case but worthy to note that someone gained at the expense of this first buyer.
http://www.theedgeproperty.com.sg/content/first-resale-transaction-duo-residences-sold-loss

Really depends on what stack/facing/floor you are looking at. One thing for sure, the trends are southwards due to the oversupply. You can count on good yields only if you have long term holding power to see Ophir-Rochor corridor becoming a reality (extension of Marina FC and CBD) like what the masterplan claims. Its just a plan. Will it come to fruition I have no doubt but when?

There are 2 factors within the control of the government which really controls the property 'market' here. There isn't a free market to speak of....strictly.
1) Lawrence Wong opens the door to address the faltering demand. ~90% of us are already home owners and our population growth is at the lowest growth pace. Simple calculation will tell you that demand will dry up very quickly. With such a bumper supply, there is hardly anyone else to buy with the current population pool strapped by TDSR. Since we are home owners, we also do not want our largest asset to sink too much. Don't forget that it has risen tremendously in the last 8 years. Time to swallow the bitter pill.
2) Remove the cooling measures. It is unlikely in the next 3-5 years. With Singaporeans still holding jobs and interest rates still manageable, we are not cash strapped bearing any black swan events like financial crisis. In fact, there is a possible 'rubber band' effect. Locals are holding out for good buys. You can see that when a good project is launched, units will move like Principal Garden. Government see this and they will continue to depress prices to hold back this rubber band. This is not a bad thing to prevent bubble bursting. They see the big picture. Once these measures are removed, prices will shoot up. So it is here to stay for the medium term. First time buyers will benefit.

I am wondering if me and my wife made the right move buying a unit there nearly 2 years ago from M+S.

Take a look at the price charts from Property Guru as a guide.
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/19102984/for-sale-duo-residences

My 2 cents.

Arcachon
13-11-15, 20:22
73. Duo Residences @ Fraser Street D07 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/734247310040877/

PropVestor
14-01-16, 16:32
Duo owners should get a newsletter titled 'City Pulse'. This is the first time I seen such a newsletter to let owners know of its progress and surrounding developments. Like the art pieces sculpted by artists from both countries to the Marina area events. Also, the Virgin Active gym at Marina One is really expansive. Duo owners will have to settle for California gym nearby or use the in-house ones.

These 2 developments are truly unique.

kellogs
13-05-16, 19:29
Anyone saw the advertisement on Strait times about DUO Topping out ... I dont remember seeing other projects having such advertisement ... anyone know what is it for?

ichigo55
15-05-16, 09:18
yup .. the topping out refers to the completion of the highest feature of the buidling .. I think its quite good to create some vibe for such an outstanding project.

Daydreamer forever
08-06-16, 16:21
Duo Residences
#16-08 (Type A1) Studio
Area: 420 sqft
Asking price: $1.11m @$2,643psf

Drop out units
one and only Studio unit at duo residences
Hurry call me now before its gone

Serene wong

bargain hunter
08-06-16, 16:54
Duo Residences
#16-08 (Type A1) Studio
Area: 420 sqft
Asking price: $1.11m @$2,643psf

Drop out units
one and only Studio unit at duo residences
Hurry call me now before its gone

Serene wong

DUO RESIDENCES 1 Fraser Street #16-08 39sq m $983000 2342psf 05-DEC-2013 crap. they raised the price by > 10%?!?!??!?!

bargain hunter
29-07-16, 20:58
resold at 1.08m

DUO RESIDENCES 1 Fraser Street #16-08 39sq m $983000 2342psf 05-DEC-2013 crap. they raised the price by > 10%?!?!??!?!

223 DUO RESIDENCES 1 Fraser Street #16-08 39sq m $1080000 2573psf 14-JUL-2016 7 99 Years Leasehold Uncompleted New Sale Apartment Strata 1
224 DUO RESIDENCES 1 Fraser Street #16-08 39sq m $983000 2342psf 05-DEC-2013 7 99 Yrs From 01/07/2011 Uncompleted New Sale Apartment Strata 1

Arcachon
29-07-16, 21:03
https://www.facebook.com/groups/734247310040877/requests/

PropVestor
02-09-16, 13:50
From the looks of current development speed, Duo Tower (Office and Hotel) will likely open first then followed by residence. I saw them testing the office lights at night.
I am estimating Q2 2017 to hand over keys. What do you guys think? Its been a good 4 years of long wait... ...

PropVestor
14-09-16, 17:49
I was told Duo Tower (office tower) will TOP Dec 2016. Half of the office tower has been accounted for. Looks like they are pitching rather competitive rental rates for Grade A offices. My HR has been contacted to take a look.

kellogs
14-09-16, 22:24
Drove passed by last few nights ... seems like they are testing the office lighting ... looks pretty awesome!

haha I might just keep the 1 bedder as a weekend home!

PropVestor
29-09-16, 16:45
I was shown the Duo Tower (office) catalogue. It looks pretty decent and reminds me of MBFC with very high ceilings. Only lower floors are available for rent now. Last thing M+S wants are empty offices and the whole place looks very lifeless. As it is just outside the CBD gantry, it will be slightly lower than South Beach. For limited time only, the rental is very close to Gateway's which to me is a no-brainer. But for how long, I am unsure though.

For those who wanted a pedestrian link to Suntec City via B3, you got your wish! It will be built with retail component. Therefore, you can technically walk from Bugis-Suntec and then to City Hall via City Link without having to weather any rain, sunlight or haze! Good news for Duo Residence owners who can tap on an expanded tenant pool in this soft rental market.

From quick calculations, Duo Tower office workers, residences and Hyatt Andaz guests get to enjoy over 200 shopping+dining options with Duo Galleria, Haji Lane, Bugis Junction, Bugis Plus and Suntec city combined within 3-8 mins walk.

Pal8977
01-10-16, 10:19
If anyone is keen to install track guided indoor/outdoor blinds (no gaps) and retractable insect screens . Pls call 98806538 for measure and quote.

Products are all made in Australia!

Www.auszip.com.sg

www.facebook.com/auszip/

CCR
05-10-16, 02:14
I was shown the Duo Tower (office) catalogue. It looks pretty decent and reminds me of MBFC with very high ceilings. Only lower floors are available for rent now. Last thing M+S wants are empty offices and the whole place looks very lifeless. As it is just outside the CBD gantry, it will be slightly lower than South Beach. For limited time only, the rental is very close to Gateway's which to me is a no-brainer. But for how long, I am unsure though.

For those who wanted a pedestrian link to Suntec City via B3, you got your wish! It will be built with retail component. Therefore, you can technically walk from Bugis-Suntec and then to City Hall via City Link without having to weather any rain, sunlight or haze! Good news for Duo Residence owners who can tap on an expanded tenant pool in this soft rental market.

From quick calculations, Duo Tower office workers, residences and Hyatt Andaz guests get to enjoy over 200 shopping+dining options with Duo Galleria, Haji Lane, Bugis Junction, Bugis Plus and Suntec city combined within 3-8 mins walk.

I thought the underground link will only be completed when the reserved site at beach road beside shaw Centre is tendered out and completed ?

PropVestor
06-10-16, 12:14
I thought the underground link will only be completed when the reserved site at beach road beside shaw Centre is tendered out and completed ?

How did you know of this may I ask? I ask coz Duo Tower brochure did not mention any timeline. I am curious to know too. I personally think the timeline to build this link should not be proxy to this site tender and due completion. I use the logic of linking 2 major commercial developments which should not be beholden to a much smaller site (also unknown outcome at this point). I will be surprised if they did. I think a linkway to this development afterwards is not out of question. I sure hope they do that.

Feel free to shed some light if you have more information about this. :)

CCR
06-10-16, 13:46
How did you know of this may I ask? I ask coz Duo Tower brochure did not mention any timeline. I am curious to know too. I personally think the timeline to build this link should not be proxy to this site tender and due completion. I use the logic of linking 2 major commercial developments which should not be beholden to a much smaller site (also unknown outcome at this point). I will be surprised if they did. I think a linkway to this development afterwards is not out of question. I sure hope they do that.

Feel free to shed some light if you have more information about this. :)

Cant remember where I read this exactly, I believe it was from URA tender document for the reserved site. Nowadays when URA tendered out a site they will include the building of a linkway to the neighbouring building. I believe Duo is to build the linkway to Gateway, and Gateway to the reserve site and the winner of the reserved site to Suntec city.

JamesNg
07-11-16, 13:30
Hi, for those whom had collected your keys to your home recently, feel free to download a copy of the defect inspection checklist here to guide you along.

http://ngidstudio.com/defect-inspection/defect-inspection-checklist/

lec50000
02-12-16, 08:39
Heard some are paying up another 5%

CCR
14-12-16, 22:14
Just heard tha duo office tower just top

CCR
14-12-16, 22:15
Does anyone knows when the residences will TOP?

PropVestor
25-01-17, 16:12
2 more blue sites along Beach Road to be released for GLS H12017. They are office/retail sites which will further jazz up the demand for rental units in the immediate vicinity. This is positive news for all owners who are investing in D7 especially Duo which will be the second newest development in the area after CityLights (approximate TOP 2019) once these offices are completed post 2020.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/media-room/news/2016/dec/pr16-81

Putting out for tender might not necessary translate to an actual sale. I know of another hotel site in D7 opposite Village Hotel Bugis which was unsuccessful in its bidding. Instead, Boss Hotel along Lavender went ahead first.

Are there anymore development that you guys know of in the area? Or are we all waiting for URA 2018 Master Plan for the next move.

lec50000
15-02-17, 16:58
Received notice TOP for residences probably in May

kellogs
15-02-17, 17:41
Received notice TOP for residences probably in May

That is awesome!

I have not had any update from my lawyer.

kellogs
28-03-17, 09:30
Duo Tower has top

Kelonguni
28-03-17, 16:15
Congrats all!

PropVestor
31-03-17, 10:57
Duo Tower has top

Grand opening is mid April

kellogs
31-03-17, 12:29
Grand opening is mid April

I am looking forward for the Residences TOP ... :)

Which stack are you at?

PropVestor
31-03-17, 15:51
I am looking forward for the Residences TOP ... :)

Which stack are you at?

Can't remember the stack but I am facing Ophir Road-Beach Rd or Kampong Glam direction. You?

bargain hunter
31-03-17, 16:11
Can't remember the stack but I am facing Ophir Road-Beach Rd or Kampong Glam direction. You?

too many properties until don't know what you bought. :friendly_wink:

PropVestor
01-04-17, 20:21
too many properties until don't know what you bought. :friendly_wink:

Not at all. Forgot the last number is the stack number. 07. Too caught up with PPR thread.

kellogs
02-04-17, 23:48
I am 01 and 06

new2mondrian
29-04-17, 11:13
Anyone knows when is the key collection?
By the way, I thought the Supermama collection of Duo plates was a nice touch by M&S.
Glad to see all the forumers here. Haven't logged in for a long while.

lec50000
29-04-17, 11:27
By the way, I thought the Supermama collection of Duo plates was a nice touch by M&S.

most likely next few weeks

lec50000
29-04-17, 11:33
supermama collections

PropVestor
29-04-17, 16:29
From the exterior, it looks almost ready. The ground works are still WIP especially facing beach road side. Do you think it will coincide with Marina One phase 2 launch for our key collection? Yes, the 3 plates are nice. So are the art pieces dotted around the 2 buildings.

new2mondrian
30-04-17, 16:54
The key collection lounge is up and furnished, with six tables and accompanying chairs, as well as bottled water. Should be anytime now. Andaz Hotel also has a small reception area next door, from the key collection lounge. Entrance to Bugis MRT station underground linkway is just steps away.
Anyone who has received notification to collect keys yet?

bargain hunter
30-04-17, 22:55

sis went missing for years. must have stopped purchasing after Duo hehehe. :pride:

new2mondrian
01-05-17, 11:33
sis went missing for years. must have stopped purchasing after Duo hehehe. :pride:

Yeah 2 factors : TDSR and ABSD

These two ingredients very powerful. Makes it difficult to offload the existing portfolio, and therefore equally difficult to acquire new ones. :)

Arcachon
01-05-17, 11:35
Don't worry Time will come.

It already started, be patient.

Joffrey
02-05-17, 11:17
Hey how about people driving into and out of DUO? ERPs will be choking them?

kellogs
02-05-17, 11:42
if a person lives in DUO and owns a car ... i think ERP charges might be the last worry ...

If a person needs to save on ERP ... perhaps he/she should not lives in DUO, own a car or both.

Kelonguni
02-05-17, 12:27
if a person lives in DUO and owns a car ... i think ERP charges might be the last worry ...

If a person needs to save on ERP ... perhaps he/she should not lives in DUO, own a car or both.

Well said! Actually owning a car already costs upwards of $1,500 per month ($2,000 if any branding is involved), or for entry level $50 per day, or $75 per working day (full strength ERP).

The other choice is not to own car at all.

bargain hunter
02-05-17, 19:12

but isn't this project also just outside the ERP?!

kellogs
02-05-17, 23:23
but isn't this project also just outside the ERP?!

Yes it is.

scorpio_sg
03-05-17, 12:47
Anyone has guidance to offer on rental? I'm a newbie in this so any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

PropVestor
04-05-17, 15:49
Alot of us I believe is finding it hard to benchmark rental for Duo.

There are a few opposable forces at work. Luxury, integrated development commanding a premium over Concourse Skyline, Tan Quee Lan Street/Liang Seah residential rental versus Duo Tower largely unfilled office space state, high density of units and current state of low rental. Its a hard debate but we will all get there someday really soon.

2 cents,
Propvestor

scorpio_sg
06-05-17, 15:27
Hello. Does anyone know where we can get the precise floor plan? With final dimensions. Thanks.

new2mondrian
07-05-17, 02:12
Hello. Does anyone know where we can get the precise floor plan? With final dimensions. Thanks.

Standard industry practice is for developer to hand that over during keys collection.

PropVestor
23-05-17, 11:19
I have seen Property Guru listings of agents heading up to high floor units to take pics for listing. Some owners already collected their keys?

mike_hengtk
13-06-17, 03:55
Anyone has guidance to offer on rental? I'm a newbie in this so any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

Congratulation on obtaining TOP. Some of the owners have received letter to proceed with key collection.

Visit https://goo.gl/ohRQDQ for a complimentary monthly report about the value of your home and neighbors rental transactions. Enjoy! Have a great week ahead!

This is real estate agent here. My team of 8 will be committing our next 3 months in DUO Residences helping new owners in leasing/selling their apartment. Hope to see you guy around.

- On-site daily
- Developer marketing agency (core team)
- Featured agent of DUO Residences in two main property web portal in Singapore
- Pool of Corporate tenant

Mike Heng
(M) 9274 1350
Edmund Tie & Company Property Network Pte Ltd
Estate Agent License: L3007960A
Reg Number: R044169H
Address: 480 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh #14-08 HDB Hub (East Wing) Singapore 310480

mike_hengtk
13-06-17, 03:59
Rental Guide Price

Studio : $3.5k
1 Bedroom : $3.8k
2 Bedroom : $4.5k
3 Bedroom : $6k
4 Bedroom : $9K

Mike Heng
(M) 9274 1350

scorpio_sg
13-06-17, 17:10
Hello. I haven't received nnotification yet. When did they start sending out the letters to collect keys?

kellogs
13-06-17, 17:22
Me neither ... still waiting for the TOP letter!

PropVestor
13-06-17, 17:40
Plenty of letters from agents prospecting, none from M+S. Is that a good sign?

Arcachon
14-06-17, 01:00
https://www.facebook.com/groups/734247310040877/

kellogs
14-06-17, 01:10
Private group. Unable to access.

Please dont share link which require permission to view.

PropVestor
19-06-17, 16:58
First F&B to be opened at Duo Galleria. The rest are still empty lots.

https://www.facebook.com/tonocevicheria/
Walked past it this afternoon and it looks almost done. Probably end of June to open.

Still tapping my fingers on the keys. Hurry up leh.

Hakuho
22-06-17, 06:26
Rental Guide Price

Studio : $3.5k
1 Bedroom : $3.8k
2 Bedroom : $4.5k
3 Bedroom : $6k
4 Bedroom : $9K

Mike Heng
(M) 9274 1350

If you intend to buy a property after seeing it, then the question is “how much should I pay for it?”.

If you ask the property agent, he will say “the last transaction is $1.2 mil etc blah blah, meaning he has probably no better idea than you”.

A property valuer will also largely depend on the recent transactions using mark-to-market approach, although he will take into account other factors. For new launch, it is notorious that the bank valuer’s pricing IS the developer's pricing.

In other words, the property valuation as done in Singapore, it is mainly for one purpose which is bank financing. The valuation report should not be relied upon to price a property purchase.

So how does a buyer know that the recent transactions are accurate or reliable? And can a seller depends on these transactions to set his asking price?

And, what should be your pricing model?

There are two methods that can be used to price a property; the Income Method and the Cost Method.

Let's start with the simpler Income Method.

Based on the rental guidance provided above, what are the prices for buyers should offer when buying Duo Residences?

I will let the forum to find its way.

kellogs
22-06-17, 06:46
Hakuho, you drunk?

Arcachon
22-06-17, 10:59
If you intend to buy a property after seeing it, then the question is “how much should I pay for it?”.

If you ask the property agent, he will say “the last transaction is $1.2 mil etc blah blah, meaning he has probably no better idea than you”.

A property valuer will also largely depend on the recent transactions using mark-to-market approach, although he will take into account other factors. For new launch, it is notorious that the bank valuer’s pricing IS the developer's pricing.

In other words, the property valuation as done in Singapore, it is mainly for one purpose which is bank financing. The valuation report should not be relied upon to price a property purchase.

So how does a buyer know that the recent transactions are accurate or reliable? And can a seller depends on these transactions to set his asking price?

And, what should be your pricing model?

There are two methods that can be used to price a property; the Income Method and the Cost Method.

Let's start with the simpler Income Method.

Based on the rental guidance provided above, what are the prices for buyers should offer when buying Duo Residences?

I will let the forum to find its way.

2006, rental income very low. 2010 rental income very high.

If using the above confirm still waiting and see lot of Toyota Wish Disappear.

PropVestor
22-06-17, 14:21
Lets spend time talking about something worthwhile rather than something out of logic and context.

Duo Residences investors should take note of the upcoming Beach Road site bid which has been triggered for a reserve price of $1.1billion. It will have implications for future Duo prices since majority of that quantum is used for offices. Those facing this site should take note that their views will be blocked eventually as the building height will likely max out at 45 stories (not 48).

Based on recent bullish developer bids especially by foreign developers, residential psf value will likely be between South Beach lower end and Duo $2,400psf for residential component since it will be inside the ERP gantry?

2 cents,
PropVestor

Hakuho
22-06-17, 20:42
LOL.

OK lah, maybe you bought the entire building.

Based on the rental guidance, it is obvious that an investor has overpaid for all the types except studio. The monthly rental is insufficient to cover the funding cost, tax, maintenance etc etc. Of course, you can do deficits funding lah you have the money to burn.

If the buyer bought it to stay then maybe it is fine.

kellogs
22-06-17, 22:12
so what is your point?

the buyer/owner is stupid and you are the smart one?

LOL.

Based on the rental guidance, it is obvious that an investor has overpaid for all the types except studio. The monthly rental is insufficient to cover the funding cost, tax, maintenance etc etc. Of course, you can do deficits funding lah you have the money to burn.

DC33_2008
24-06-17, 16:50
Did you check out rental of concourse skyline? Your prospective tenants could be from there.
LOL.

lec50000
28-06-17, 16:14
Did you check out rental of concourse skyline? Your prospective tenants could be from there.

anyone collecting their keys?

PropVestor
04-07-17, 11:39
Its a line of shops (4-5m ceiling) that leads directly from DTL Bugis.

Duo Galleria also feature a future passageway which will be the underground link to Gateway and Beach Road (currently under tender). It has already been built and future-proof.

This design reminds me of Marina Bay Link Mall

PropVestor

kellogs
04-07-17, 11:56
I wonder if it would link to Suntec city when the beach road whitesite tendered.

Arcachon
04-07-17, 12:11
https://scontent-frx5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/19620950_10213867951118041_1688754854307733944_o.jpg?oh=e294f335678aff0086550ee4eba1b982&oe=5A092495

PropVestor
04-07-17, 12:37
I wonder if it would link to Suntec city when the beach road whitesite tendered.

I think that is a possibility but largely depends on the architect of the yet-to-be tendered Beach Road site as they are the closest to Tower 4.

I am sure the new Beach Road site cannot link to DTL Bugis which is stated in the tender FAQ.
https://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/land-sales-repository/sites-available/beach-rd-ma.aspx

I quote:

"Question 7 included on 23 October 2015

Q7 From the underground pedestrian link in Plot 2, is it possible to provide a direct connection to the Bugis MRT Station?

A7 The connection from Plot 2 to the Bugis MRT Station is via the DUO development which is currently under construction. There is no provision for a direct linkage from Plot 2 to the Bugis MRT Station due to existing underground structures and space constraints."

Tomutomi
04-07-17, 21:33
There is huge convenient and potential commercial value created by having underground linking bugis to suntec considering bugis crowd is probably only seconds to orchard.

PropVestor
05-07-17, 11:24
Got a call from my lawyer. Time to collect keys!

Arcachon
05-07-17, 11:34
Congrats.

prejun
05-07-17, 12:13
Hi PropVestor,

When are you collecting keys? Was your unit on priority handover?

PropVestor
05-07-17, 13:26
Hi PropVestor,

When are you collecting keys? Was your unit on priority handover?

Pay all the maintenance fees first as usual and also survey fees (must be cleared) before they issue you a collection date/time for it. All to be done before 11th July according to the letter. Thats all I know for now.

4 years of waiting ...

prejun
05-07-17, 13:52
Pay all the maintenance fees first as usual and also survey fees (must be cleared) before they issue you a collection date/time for it. All to be done before 11th July according to the letter. Thats all I know for now.

4 years of waiting ...

I see thank you. Is your unit on the lower levels? Sorry, I am trying to Guess when my letter is coming! Very desperate to move in now.

lec50000
05-07-17, 17:50
I see thank you. Is your unit on the lower levels? Sorry, I am trying to Guess when my letter is coming! Very desperate to move in now.

Mine is lower unit submitting all chq by 6th

kellogs
06-07-17, 01:49
Got a call from my lawyer. Time to collect keys!

Congrats PropVestor ... I am still waiting ... which floor are you at?

I am still waiting ...

prejun
06-07-17, 10:27
Mine is lower unit submitting all chq by 6th

lec50000 you also got letter?

Arcachon
06-07-17, 11:47
https://www.facebook.com/groups/734247310040877/?sw_fnr_id=1597522937&fnr_t=0

PropVestor
06-07-17, 15:18
Congrats PropVestor ... I am still waiting ... which floor are you at?

I am still waiting ...

Thanks. Congrats to you all soon-to-be landlords and occupants too. Kellogs you are collecting multiple units hence longer? They should classify all multiple units into VIP area and date. Famous remisier with more than 10 units should be there too.

Once all 3 cheques are cleared including the next payment milestone. You will need this:
https://www.duo-collectmykeys.sg/

Btw, DUO 4-Bedder maintenance fees per month is about $840. Most of us will fall below this amount. My agent told me Marine Blue 2-bedder is estimated to be $750 per month, not sure what kind of water is in their swimming pool. Pure alkaline?

Hope to see you all there one day.

PropVestor

kellogs
06-07-17, 17:08
Hi PropVestor,

I just called the lawyer this morning but no news for key collection yet!

Haha dont need any VIP area ... just give me the damm keys :)

I am planning to stay in one of the unit as a weekend home for awhile before renting out.

Btw if you are in the area goto the Atlas bar in the Batman building ... their cocktail is amazing!

Also the famous man man unagi is going to open shop in Duo Galleria ...

prejun
06-07-17, 17:17
Hi PropVestor,

I just called the lawyer this morning but no news for key collection yet!

Haha dont need any VIP area ... just give me the damm keys :)

I am planning to stay in one of the unit as a weekend home for awhile before renting out.

Btw if you are in the area goto the Atlas bar in the Batman building ... their cocktail is amazing!

Also the famous man man unagi is going to open shop in Duo Galleria ...

Hey kellogs

What floor are you on? I also have not heard anything yet from Lawyers.

kellogs
06-07-17, 17:19
I am on 20 and 28 floors.

You?

Hey kellogs

What floor are you on? I also have not heard anything yet from Lawyers.

prejun
06-07-17, 17:34
I am on 20 and 28 floors.

You?

I am on 22 and 39. Hopefully next week...

kellogs
06-07-17, 19:09
I am on 22 and 39. Hopefully next week...

Wah the 39 floors must be damm nice to live :encouragement:

Congrats!!!

new2mondrian
08-07-17, 08:34
Got the letter at last. The first time I see a separate user ID and password being assigned for login into the key collection portal for DIY booking of collection dates, being included with the letter.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the forumers around as neighbors. Should be able to see the National Day fireworks from Duo come 9 Aug. :)

prejun
08-07-17, 09:10
Got the letter at last. The first time I see a separate user ID and password being assigned for login into the key collection portal for DIY booking of collection dates, being included with the letter.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the forumers around as neighbors. Should be able to see the National Day fireworks from Duo come 9 Aug. :)

Congratulations! You are one of the lucky ones. What floor is your unit on?

new2mondrian
08-07-17, 09:32
Ard 10 :) I think they are moving up slowly...

prejun
08-07-17, 09:51
Ard 10 :) I think they are moving up slowly...

Thanks! Great to hear they have reached 10th floor.

BTW, from the key collection portal if you have signed in yet- what's the earliest date for key collection?

new2mondrian
08-07-17, 11:04
Can log in, but the appointment page is not available for my case as M+S side has not received and verified that all funds (survey fees, balance 25%, maintenance charges) have been fully paid. This will only be launched for booking after they are satisfied that all monies have been collected.

Anyone booked his/her slot yet?

PropVestor
09-07-17, 00:53
Can log in, but the appointment page is not available for my case as M+S side has not received and verified that all funds (survey fees, balance 25%, maintenance charges) have been fully paid. This will only be launched for booking after they are satisfied that all monies have been collected.

Anyone booked his/her slot yet?

Not sure how will we be notified that all the funds have been cleared.

prejun
11-07-17, 11:14
Not sure how will we be notified that all the funds have been cleared.

Anyone been able to make appointment yet?

kellogs
11-07-17, 11:39
Anyone been able to make appointment yet?

Hi Prejun, did you receive the letter already?

prejun
11-07-17, 11:52
Hi Prejun, did you receive the letter already?

Nope I am supposed to receive this week so wanted to know how Long it takes to get the appointment after receiving letter

kellogs
11-07-17, 12:40
Nope I am supposed to receive this week so wanted to know how Long it takes to get the appointment after receiving letter

How did you know you are supposed to receive this week?

Did your lawyer call you?

prejun
11-07-17, 16:25
How did you know you are supposed to receive this week?

Did your lawyer call you?

I got my letter already

prejun
11-07-17, 16:26
I got my letter already

Want to know how long it takes to process payment and get keys

lec50000
11-07-17, 23:13
Key collections start next week.

prejun
12-07-17, 10:50
Key collections start next week.

Are you able to log into the portal and see that the earliest appointment is next monday?

new2mondrian
12-07-17, 15:48
Earliest is next Tues. next Monday is all full.

new2mondrian
12-07-17, 15:55
For those planning to take leave for key collection, the appointment dates that are now available run from 18 July to 9 Oct, and only 4 slots each day (9am, 1030am, 2pm, 330pm). Office is closed on all weekends and public holidays. If one cannot take leave, only the 9am slot will make sense.

prejun
13-07-17, 12:06
Anyone picking up keys today or tomorrow?

scorpio_sg
13-07-17, 15:20
Hmm, I haven't heard from the developer yet. And I'm on the 14th floor.

new2mondrian
13-07-17, 17:17
Anyone picking up keys today or tomorrow?

Hard to nail a date with this kind of timing.
I logged in again today, and saw that 18/19/20 July slots have been fully taken. Earliest is 21 Jul. Looks like a lot of fellow Neighbours will be collecting keys soon. :)

Hope to see u guys ard!

PropVestor
19-07-17, 10:47
Saw some new owners lighting up their units yesterday. My appointment is early next week. Hope there are little or no defects in their units. Finger crossed.

PropVestor

starrynight
23-07-17, 10:29
Show us photos of your unit please :)

ichigo55
27-07-17, 08:20
Hi Guys,
may I know the key collection has reached which floor?
I see previous post was 10th .. is it still the same?
There's only 4 slots a day .. so I suppose they are really taking their time to intro to the new owners ..
Can anyone provide some details? TIA.

new2mondrian
27-07-17, 13:15
Hey, just a suggestion - why don't you write to the Lawyers and chase? May be more effective.

There is no order in which the keys were given out. Saw some neighbors on level 42 and 28 had collected their keys. I think it boils down to the order (by date) in which these residents have requested for early collection of keys.

A lot of the units do not seem to be ready for key collection at this point. I think they are slowly giving out the keys in batches.

Who else have collected their keys here?

PropVestor
27-07-17, 15:27
Hey, just a suggestion - why don't you write to the Lawyers and chase? May be more effective.

There is no order in which the keys were given out. Saw some neighbors on level 42 and 28 had collected their keys. I think it boils down to the order (by date) in which these residents have requested for early collection of keys.

A lot of the units do not seem to be ready for key collection at this point. I think they are slowly giving out the keys in batches.

Who else have collected their keys here?

Me. Low floor unit. I just done joint defect check with Obayashi 5 mins ago. Folding 2 door balcony door at the Master Bedroom is a b**** to close. Other than that, looks pretty awesome.

new2mondrian
27-07-17, 15:51
I was amazed at the size of the defect/joint inspection team. Abt 5pax turned up for my case - two from Obayashi, two from developer, one from project management office. All very knowledgeable and professional, and the defect list came with detailed photos. The smoothest joint inspection process I encountered in a long while. The two fellows from the developer office said that they had done one round of defect inspection themselves, and rectified some stuffs, prior to handover of keys.

kellogs
27-07-17, 16:18
Mine still no sounds no pictures ... :banghead:

Arcachon
27-07-17, 17:01
Duo Residences @ Fraser Street D07 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/734247310040877/

lec50000
27-07-17, 17:21
I was amazed at the size of the defect/joint inspection team. Abt 5pax turned up for my case - two from Obayashi, two from developer, one from project management office. All very knowledgeable and professional, and the defect list came with detailed photos. The smoothest joint inspection process I encountered in a long while. The two fellows from the developer office said that they had done one round of defect inspection themselves, and rectified some stuffs, prior to handover of keys.

Just rec my key, everything looks good. haven't go thru the defects yet.
btw mine a studio at lower level

scorpio_sg
27-07-17, 18:54
I asked the developer and was told "subject to contractors schedule and readiness of each unit". Will just have to be patient I guess.

new2mondrian
27-07-17, 19:07
A lot of Contractors are still working around the development. Most are very friendly and nice.
If you guys are lucky, may be able to find one or two working on your floor, and willing to open up and show you your unit. :)

kellogs
28-07-17, 10:02
Dont they have access card or alike to access the floor?

lec50000
28-07-17, 10:46
Dont they have access card or alike to access the floor?

Higher floors not TOP yet. Still have ceilings floorings F&F to be done

lec50000
29-07-17, 19:14
Becareful ..... Orangtee agents are all over the place from basement carpark to concierge to the outdoor area. They claimed they have prospective tenant. Only to turn up in their own to ask for yr access card and key.
Waste yr time only

scorpio_sg
29-07-17, 22:56
Then what's their purpose in getting your access card?

new2mondrian
30-07-17, 14:07
repeated post

new2mondrian
30-07-17, 14:08
Becareful ..... Orangtee agents are all over the place from basement carpark to concierge to the outdoor area. They claimed they have prospective tenant. Only to turn up in their own to ask for yr access card and key.
Waste yr time only

Agree. Basically the owner of a level 3 unit entrusted them with keys and access card to his unit. With that, the whole tag team is now staking out the development, and aggressively selling their services to any possible Duo owner. Can be irritating when they get too pushy.

DC33_2008
30-07-17, 16:21
TOP is by block and not by floor. It is rather unusual.
Higher floors not TOP yet. Still have ceilings floorings F&F to be done

PropVestor
31-07-17, 14:48

It is true. This is not a usual, run of mill condo development, this is a $4,000 million mixed development.

new2mondrian
31-07-17, 15:53

To be fair, the developer has its own defect inspection team marking out the defects and doing the rectification work prior to handover. They spotted a tiny scratch in the glass panel of my master bedroom's balcony sliding door, which I did not even notice. Obayashi Contractors are all over the development rectifying defects now, before the owners can be contacted for keys collection. Hence that's why the handover of keys is so slow, despite the buildings having received TOP.

Having said that, I thought really kudos to the team for making keys collection a breeze . My unit was cleaned, floor was well mopped, and even the cabinets and horizontal surfaces were wiped clean. Four pairs of bespoke Duo plush slippers were waiting for us at the entryway, and the electricity supply has been turned on so there's air conditioning in the unit (developer pays for electricity bill for first three days). Even the fridge has four bottles of Duo distilled water for us, and the bathrooms were stocked with Duo embroidered hand towels. It's the details that matter, at the end of the day. :)

DC33_2008
31-07-17, 20:42
The provision of bathroom slippers rare not new. Some gave wine and champagne. Obayashi is probably one of the better Main Contractors.
To be fair, the developer has its own defect inspection team marking out the defects and doing the rectification work prior to handover. They spotted a tiny scratch in the glass panel of my master bedroom's balcony sliding door, which I did not even notice. Obayashi Contractors are all over the development rectifying defects now, before the owners can be contacted for keys collection. Hence that's why the handover of keys is so slow, despite the buildings having received TOP.

Having said that, I thought really kudos to the team for making keys collection a breeze . My unit was cleaned, floor was well mopped, and even the cabinets and horizontal surfaces were wiped clean. Four pairs of bespoke Duo plush slippers were waiting for us at the entryway, and the electricity supply has been turned on so there's air conditioning in the unit (developer pays for electricity bill for first three days). Even the fridge has four bottles of Duo distilled water for us, and the bathrooms were stocked with Duo embroidered hand towels. It's the details that matter, at the end of the day. :)

new2mondrian
01-08-17, 11:31
Hey bro, good to see all the old friends back! U still at Potong Pasir?

PropVestor
01-08-17, 12:04
They door keys cannot be made locally for security purposes. They are made in Switzerland. Need to take 4-6 weeks for duplicate. Better hold them tight.

new2mondrian
10-08-17, 18:36
Looking at the URA tender docs for the Beach Road site, it is a requirement for the successful tenderer to build an underground link way between Duo and Beach Road site. What is curious is that the underground link is to be U-shaped, with the other end stopping at the road boundary towards Gateway. Perhaps there may be a future requirement for Gateway to also link up?

The tender requirements are interesting. The Beach Road site is to also build a 4m wide pedestrian bridge into Suntec. So effectively a tenant can work in Suntec, and walk back to Duo.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/maps/?service=GLSRELEASE&site=880

PropVestor
11-08-17, 11:06
Looking at the URA tender docs for the Beach Road site, it is a requirement for the successful tenderer to build an underground link way between Duo and Beach Road site. What is curious is that the underground link is to be U-shaped, with the other end stopping at the road boundary towards Gateway. Perhaps there may be a future requirement for Gateway to also link up?

The tender requirements are interesting. The Beach Road site is to also build a 4m wide pedestrian bridge into Suntec. So effectively a tenant can work in Suntec, and walk back to Duo.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/maps/?service=GLSRELEASE&site=880

Actually the entrance link from Duo to the future underground walkway has already been built years ago. It is at the far end of the Duo Galleria which is shuttered now, awaiting the Beach Road site to be tendered and completed. This Kelong project has years ago wanted higher footfall across Duo Galleria for those who are going to and fro from the 2 train stations. Beach Road guys got to walk past these shops.

The likely sequence is this.

Bugis MRT (EWL/DTL) -> Duo Galleria -> new Beach Road building -> Suntec Tower 4 (hope its an underground too). One can effectively walk from Suntec to Bugis MRT. Yes, bigger tenant pool awaits but that will be ~5 years from now.

In short, don't cash out so quickly. Many more things happening in D7 around Duo.

PropVestor

new2mondrian
11-08-17, 16:01
A lot of power buyers at Duo.
Was told that two level 49 penthouses were bought by the same buyer, who requested for the units to come bare (i.e. without tiling and kitchen cabinet/wardrobe fittings) as he will be getting his own team to do the retrofit.

Another 2 high floor 4-bedroom (different owners this time) spent almost $2mil with the same ID company. The ceilings are covered with undulating wood panels, the walls are covered with marble slabs.... nice.... :)

I'd rather spend $2mil buying another property, than two renovate two apartments. If any of these units belong to the fellow Bro/Sis within this forum, do share the pics!

thomastansb
12-08-17, 00:16
Rental yield is pretty bad for this project. Studio were transacted average 1.05M but closing rental is like 2.5k only. 2 bedders even worse. Average 1.7M but renting out on the higher end of 3k. Can't even pay the bank.

new2mondrian
12-08-17, 08:37
Rental yield is pretty bad for this project. Studio were transacted average 1.05M but closing rental is like 2.5k only. 2 bedders even worse. Average 1.7M but renting out on the higher end of 3k. Can't even pay the bank.

Errr where u got info from? I know of three actual rental contracts signed so far, all at 4-5.3% yield. Anyway the caveat lodgement will soon be out.

Arcachon
12-08-17, 08:44

Now a day less on rental yield more on capital appreciation and hedge against inflation also more on tenants help pay interest.

lec50000
12-08-17, 15:38

Owners... dont be sway by these irresponsible agents... this is a up market development. Not any cats or dogs dewellings

Arcachon
12-08-17, 16:11
Owners... dont be sway by these irresponsible agents... this is a up market development. Not any cats or dogs dewellings

Wow, time are bad. 2010 4K no problem now 3.6k also rent @ Southbank.

The agent cannot talk down market, the market is very open.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateIIWeb/resiRental/search.action

Arcachon
12-08-17, 16:56
Condo 3 Bedrooms NORMANTON PARK furnished aircon $2.5k.

The Sail @ Marina Bay, 2 bedrooms; 883 sqft Beautiful Bay view Immaculate condition Asking $5.1k. Immediate availability.

thomastansb
12-08-17, 17:39
The good thing about open market is if you don't rent, your neighbour will rent. Another thing I learn about rental is after seeing your unit vacant for 2 months, you will be desperate.

thomastansb
12-08-17, 17:45
I have my own source :)

But yeah, let's wait for caveat then. Even without hard numbers, my thoughts:-

4% yield of a 1.05M studio = 3.5k a month. 5.3% = 4.6k.
Even if it is a 950k studio (bear in mind average transacted price is around 1.05M for studio), 4% = 3.1k. 5.3% = 4.2k

A check on propertyguru shows many units asking 3k to 3.2k only.

Errr where u got info from? I know of three actual rental contracts signed so far, all at 4-5.3% yield. Anyway the caveat lodgement will soon be out.

new2mondrian
12-08-17, 18:32
Sorry, but your statements are highly contradictory did you realise that? Your original statement was on the closing rent for studio was 2500, and two bedders that cost 1.7m being rented at 3k plus.

While this is an open market with no obstacles against owners renting at this price, I find it baffling, as my neighbours found tenants within 2 weeks at 4-5.3% yield. Either the agent who rented out the 2k plus unit seriously wasn't looking around much, or the owners chose to rent at such prices.

Either way, you are absolutely right about yield. Yield sucks everywhere now where it comes to properties, so perhaps if you are looking for yield of 5-10%, you should be looking at equities, not properties. :)

thomastansb
12-08-17, 18:42
Which part is contradictory?

Sorry, but your statements are highly contradictory did you realise that? Your original statement was on the closing rent for studio was 2500, and two bedders that cost 1.7m being rented at 3k plus.

While this is an open market with no obstacles against owners renting at this price, I find it baffling, as my neighbours found tenants within 2 weeks at 4-5.3% yield. Either the agent who rented out the 2k plus unit seriously wasn't looking around much, or the owners chose to rent at such prices.

Either way, you are absolutely right about yield. Yield sucks everywhere now where it comes to properties, so perhaps if you are looking for yield of 5-10%, you should be looking at equities, not properties. :)

new2mondrian
12-08-17, 19:00

Even if it is a 950k studio (bear in mind average transacted price is around 1.05M for studio), 4% = 3.1k. 5.3% = 4.2k

Sorry I don't know which propertyguru website you are looking at, but the one which I saw, does not have "many units asking for 3-3.2k only".

The 420sqft studios were launched at prices that are as low as 9xxk. Even at 3k per month of rent, yield remains decent in my view. However, it goes back to my original point - yield for properties in Sgp sucks at current prices. Of course if yours was bought before 2010, yield can be great, depending on location and timing.

thomastansb
12-08-17, 20:04
There are 6 advertising at/below 3.2k. Too bad if you can't find it. And may I remind you the key collection process is at 30%? Or maybe 40%?

As for studio, how many are sold at 9xxk? Just a handful. That is why I say average studio price is about 1.05M. If you want to use the lowest price, go ahead. I prefer to use average price.

For actual rental, let's wait for caveats then. No point you say 3.5k, I say 2.5k. Give it 2-3 months, we will be able to see the rental data.

Actually, there are other projects that are sold after 2010 having decent yield. The one that comes to my mind is Skysuites. Average price for their studio is 700 to 800k. Some lucky ones at 6xxk we can ignore. Rental is average 2.8 to 3k now.

Sorry I don't know which propertyguru website you are looking at, but the one which I saw, does not have "many units asking for 3-3.2k only".

The 420sqft studios were launched at prices that are as low as 9xxk. Even at 3k per month of rent, yield remains decent in my view. However, it goes back to my original point - yield for properties in Sgp sucks at current prices. Of course if yours was bought before 2010, yield can be great, depending on location and timing.

lec50000
12-08-17, 20:04

Looks like there r many agents in this forum

new2mondrian
13-08-17, 09:22
Actually the entrance link from Duo to the future underground walkway has already been built years ago. It is at the far end of the Duo Galleria which is shuttered now, awaiting the Beach Road site to be tendered and completed. This Kelong project has years ago wanted higher footfall across Duo Galleria for those who are going to and fro from the 2 train stations. Beach Road guys got to walk past these shops.

The likely sequence is this.

Bugis MRT (EWL/DTL) -> Duo Galleria -> new Beach Road building -> Suntec Tower 4 (hope its an underground too). One can effectively walk from Suntec to Bugis MRT. Yes, bigger tenant pool awaits but that will be ~5 years from now.

In short, don't cash out so quickly. Many more things happening in D7 around Duo.

PropVestor

Q15 of the Q&A is interesting.
IF Shaw Towers becomes amalgamated with the Beach Road site, then an underground link into South Beach becomes a very real possibility.
The entrance to Esplanade MRT (Circle Line) is at South Beach, and the underground link also leads to City Hall (EW and NS line interchange). When this finally happens, Duo will be linked via underground tunnels to the EW, Downtown, Circle and NS lines.

Let's see how it all pans out. Keeping fingers crossed.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/land-sales-repository/Sites/beach-rd-l.aspx

Singleton
13-08-17, 09:41
Was at their launch in 2013, think there are not many 420sfeet studios (15-20 at most), highest floor for studios around #20

lowest floor was around 910k and highest around 1.1m, average around 1m

rental for this size should range 2.8 to 3.2k based on current CBD market rental, it has new condo advantage

With short term rentals under new law, these CBD studios can be rented higher on shorter lease

Just look at Robinson suites at TOP, proper 1 roomers were rented out very cheap <3k, now better at average 3k

There are 6 advertising at/below 3.2k. Too bad if you can't find it. And may I remind you the key collection process is at 30%? Or maybe 40%?

As for studio, how many are sold at 9xxk? Just a handful. That is why I say average studio price is about 1.05M. If you want to use the lowest price, go ahead. I prefer to use average price.

For actual rental, let's wait for caveats then. No point you say 3.5k, I say 2.5k. Give it 2-3 months, we will be able to see the rental data.

Actually, there are other projects that are sold after 2010 having decent yield. The one that comes to my mind is Skysuites. Average price for their studio is 700 to 800k. Some lucky ones at 6xxk we can ignore. Rental is average 2.8 to 3k now.

PropVestor
13-08-17, 16:07

My CSO told me their team is small, only about 50+ owners collected their keys out of 660. A few added every other day. Some will avoid the Ghost Festival. Lots of them who posted in PG now are testing water. I refuse to join this fishing game. I got some offers but my defect check is only near completion.

It is true that today rental yield sucks. Hope you did not buy one unit here Thomas.

PropVestor

new2mondrian
13-08-17, 16:20
There was a small test batch of owners (those who requested for early collection of keys) in Bay wing who collected their keys upfront. This will help M+S team learn how to scale the process.

Heard from Obayashi folks that they have been prepped that keys collection will scale up after next week. Hence they have all been told to wrap up whatever defect work they have with the early batch, cos hundreds of owners will be collecting keys soon.

new2mondrian
13-08-17, 16:29
By the way, this is worth a visit the next time u are at Duo. Their food is good, besides the gin.

www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2017-04-25/secrets-of-the-world-s-biggest-gin-collection-atlas-bar-singapore

PropVestor
13-08-17, 16:54
There was a small test batch of owners (those who requested for early collection of keys) in Bay wing who collected their keys upfront. This will help M+S team learn how to scale the process.

Heard from Obayashi folks that they have been prepped that keys collection will scale up after next week. Hence they have all been told to wrap up whatever defect work they have with the early batch, cos hundreds of owners will be collecting keys soon.

Great to know that. The 50m pool is only ready on the 16th Aug. Not sure why these 'tenants' want to move in when so many faculties are not even ready. Only the 31st storey gym is ready.

Anyway, renovations for me will start soon. Hopefully all goes well. We need more life in Duo. Way too quiet.

PropVestor

kellogs
14-08-17, 09:41
By the way, this is worth a visit the next time u are at Duo. Their food is good, besides the gin.

www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2017-04-25/secrets-of-the-world-s-biggest-gin-collection-atlas-bar-singapore

The Altas bar is nice ... i checked out Tono as well last week ... food is good and had too much Pisco Sour :)

and no ... i have not gotten my keys yet :frown-new:

new2mondrian
14-08-17, 09:59
The Altas bar is nice ... i checked out Tono as well last week ... food is good and had too much Pisco Sour :)

and no ... i have not gotten my keys yet :frown-new:

Should be soon... :) like propvestor, the bunch of us who collected keys early had no access to facilities, and for the first week, the whole place was like a construction site.

Now with the hoardings gone, it's looking much nicer. Facilities will be available from next week. Anyway M+S has been collating all the common areas of defects raised by the first test batch and getting Obayashi to correct them for the rest of the units. The Obayashi guys told me M+S went through three rounds of defects checks with them already. So in a way, the folks who collected keys later really didn't miss out anything much all. :)

PropVestor
24-08-17, 17:50
Quick question. Does anyone know what are the advantages of buying into a White site of 6.0 PR (Duo) versus a Blue (very likely mixed used) site in Beach Road? I was told that White sites have more flexibility to change its use even after the project is completed whereas a Blue site has to follow strict URA stipulated conditions of GFA planning.

Does that mean that if Andaz one day want to expand its room count, it can potentially one day take over the office stack to be changed over to rooms?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

As an investor, we want a site to change according to tastes and market demands. I am just looking ahead on how long an owner like myself can hold on to an investment in a white site that can potentially evolve over time compared to other development nearby.

Fast forward 10+ years from now, can Duo do a major revamp and change its mixed use? That to me is very interesting as it can give a distinct advantage over nearby sites. This can change the holding game plan for the mid-long term.

PropVestor

kellogs
24-08-17, 18:55
Actually it would be interesting to know what would happened when the 99 years leased expired ... considering the lands owns my Malaysia Govt ...

Anyway I wont live that long to see it ...

Quick question. Does anyone know what are the advantages of buying into a White site of 6.0 PR (Duo) versus a Blue (very likely mixed used) site in Beach Road? I was told that White sites have more flexibility to change its use even after the project is completed whereas a Blue site has to follow strict URA stipulated conditions of GFA planning.

Does that mean that if Andaz one day want to expand its room count, it can potentially one day take over the office stack to be changed over to rooms?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

As an investor, we want a site to change according to tastes and market demands. I am just looking ahead on how long an owner like myself can hold on to an investment in a white site that can potentially evolve over time compared to other development nearby.

Fast forward 10+ years from now, can Duo do a major revamp and change its mixed use? That to me is very interesting as it can give a distinct advantage over nearby sites. This can change the holding game plan for the mid-long term.

PropVestor