PDA

View Full Version : ESTUARY CONDO @YISHUN WHEN T.O.P.

wpy2010
01-11-12, 18:09
:confused: When is the TOP for Estuary Condo @ Yishun ? DEC'12 or JAN'13

Komo
01-11-12, 19:05
need to factor in 2 mths for quality check and inspection for top. almost certain will be later:D

danntbt
01-11-12, 20:15
...most likely 2nd Qtr 2013...

radha08
01-11-12, 20:30
need to factor in 2 mths for quality check and inspection for top. almost certain will be later:D
is this standard procedure...

Komo
01-11-12, 23:00
is this standard procedure...
yap part of the procedure... a good reference to guage when is top. if by dec can complete all buildings, top is possible by about Feb. now they are really speeding up with works in the night:D

wpy2010
02-11-12, 11:22
yap part of the procedure... a good reference to guage when is top. if by dec can complete all buildings, top is possible by about Feb. now they are really speeding up with works in the night:D

how do u know they are speeding up in the night ?

streamium70
02-11-12, 12:19
looking at the progress, i am thinking end of Q1 even.

Komo
02-11-12, 13:38
how do u know they are speeding up in the night ?
can see lights and men working in many more units than before lah:)

lifeline
02-11-12, 13:41
actually, for owner-occupier, the earlier the better.
however, for investor, the later the better - to await the new benchmark set by the launch and higher bid of yishun hub.

wpy2010
02-11-12, 14:22
actually, for owner-occupier, the earlier the better.
however, for investor, the later the better - to await the new benchmark set by the launch and higher bid of yishun hub.
ya..for owner occupier like me, the earlier the better :) I went there this morning and saw them planting the grass patches along the fencing ..

gosperence
02-11-12, 15:07
ya..for owner occupier like me, the earlier the better :) I went there this morning and saw them planting the grass patches along the fencing ..

They also planted creepers directed to those exposed fence, and busy putting better soil for landscaping. Landscaping is considered fast even though many blocks still yet to finish plastering.
The project landscape is handled by renowned firm that landscaped our National Library.:)

Daniel33
22-11-12, 14:28
just like to share that i have purchased home LED lightings from www.ledazzled.com. Its much cheaper than the shops in balestier etc etc... so if you like to their contacts, pls let me know.

0129041voo
07-12-12, 20:57
To all Estuary owners,

Whether you're occupiers or investors, just to let you know that Skies Miltonia near Orchid Country Club is selling at $1200 psf, and its almost sold out. I just can't find a single reason why Estuary should be cheaper than that. In terms of proximity to expressway, MRT, bus stops, amenities, facilities, facing, Estuary is one notch up in every aspect. However, agents are still promoting at $9xx.

To all my neighbors, be patient and you'll get better price for sure.

Miltonia
07-12-12, 21:49
One is overpriced and one is underpriced.

jacelynchia
07-12-12, 21:51

hahahha, I don't think this is the key factor but anyway still too early to tell...

FREDDIE
07-12-12, 22:08

That is the reason why I didn't take up SM and ask my agent to return my cheque back. The next door project MR is $150 psf cheaper than SM.

Xan
07-12-12, 22:17
That is the reason why I didn't take up SM and ask my agent to return my cheque back. The next door project MR is $150 psf cheaper than SM.

Pal, u made the right decision

aang1971
08-12-12, 11:00
Pal, u made the right decision

I really do not think Yishun command that kind of premium now, it will take years before sm see any decent returns

Xan
08-12-12, 19:14
I really do not think Yishun command that kind of premium now, it will take years before sm see any decent returns

Totally agree, 1200psf for sm? Not yet. Take number of years at least to see returns (if lucky). Not near any amenities, tpt, malls etc at all.
Stayed in miltonia area but don't mean to talk down this area. Just offering personal opinion.

jacelynchia
08-12-12, 23:28
Totally agree, 1200psf for sm? Not yet. Take number of years at least to see returns (if lucky). Not near any amenities, tpt, malls etc at all.
Stayed in miltonia area but don't mean to talk down this area. Just offering personal opinion.

To see returns only (if lucky)?!.......Let'see!
who knows what will happen but no offence..remember this statement!

DKSG
09-12-12, 01:10
To all Estuary owners,

Whether you're occupiers or investors, just to let you know that Skies Miltonia near Orchid Country Club is selling at $1200 psf, and its almost sold out. I just can't find a single reason why Estuary should be cheaper than that. In terms of proximity to expressway, MRT, bus stops, amenities, facilities, facing, Estuary is one notch up in every aspect. However, agents are still promoting at $9xx.

To all my neighbors, be patient and you'll get better price for sure.

Good try!

So u think those who bought SM are not aware that resale in Estuary is doing $900+?

This means people rather pay $1.2K to buy SM than Estuary la!

Maybe too vested to think straight.

DKSG
PS : This is will be my only post in this thread, just browsing and was amazed at how clouded people can be when it comes to properties.

Shanhz
09-12-12, 09:16
Good try!

This means people rather pay $1.2K to buy SM than Estuary la!

Maybe too vested to think straight.

DKSG
PS : This is will be my only post in this thread, just browsing and was amazed at how clouded people can be when it comes to properties.

depends on whether own-stay or investment. for me investment will be estuary. own stay will be SM.

investment has to be void of sentiments or feeling. it is just a tool. ROI is key. but own stay more emotional.

Pro888
09-12-12, 16:08

Indeed. MR is over while SM is under. :D

Pro888
09-12-12, 16:32

There are some strong indications from govt agencies (not confirmed yet) that there will be a mall.

There will be a new bus service in 1Q13 from Yishun to CBD. Just my guess that it will ply via ave 1.

0129041voo
09-12-12, 17:31
depends on whether own-stay or investment. for me investment will be estuary. own stay will be SM.

investment has to be void of sentiments or feeling. it is just a tool. ROI is key. but own stay more emotional.

Could you name a couple of reasons why SM over Estuary?

Jornada
09-12-12, 21:02
Honest n purely personal opinion
I have visited estuary twice before deciding against it. The close proximity to the main arterial road means road noise is inevitable and personally, it's a killer. The only selling point is the reservoir view. End of the day, most impt is that you are happy with your purchase.

On the other hand, most if not all of the mid to high floor reservoir view units are going at min of 1000 Psf.....

NorthernStar
10-12-12, 06:40
personally i like the reservoir view of estuary. Some layout are good. Went there 1st day. Sells are hot but when i saw the showroom. i was turn-off.

1. Saw the egg chair put on the planter - to deceive ppl that the guest room is spacious. but it is not ok bcos the showroom didn't built the wall or sliding doors.

2. Cabinet extended into the balcony.

You can argue that nowadays, all the unit are small. But i really hate the way they build the show unit to mis-lead buyers.:doh:

Anyway, my personal feeling won against my investment view that time.

stack 01 and 02 are good as they face reservoir (east) and more or less shielded from road noise by neighboring blocks. launched price that time high floor is ard 910psf(after 10% discount)

Estuary's owner sitting on big profit now. Congrats!

Shanhz
10-12-12, 08:06
Could you name a couple of reasons why SM over Estuary?

ok, my view - for own stay reason. btw i have stayed in yishun for 20 years. for own stay, based on 3BR size, estuary is actually more expensive than SM, because decent 3BR if i'm not wrong, is 1200++ sq ft. i am also talking about better facing - ie: no afternoon sun, facing north/south direction, etc. SM got more of such units for selection. if i have a choose a suitable unit for myself at estuary, i need to pay arnd 1.3m. for SM, i only paid 1.1m.

external:
i take yishun ave 1 everyday. that junction is a killer. if you stay at estuary, when u turn out from the carpark, you need to make a U turn to get onto CTE. that U turn is gg to be tough because you will be fighting with a lot of pple including those turning out from HDB area. ok, small issue lah.

but the traffic noise along ave 1 is very very bad, because it is the single major junction into yishun. practical issue - the exhaust from accelerating vehicles is bad for health. the reservoir view is good, but the surrounding is bad: in front - satellite. behind - stadium spikes. coupled with MRT noise in the backgroud.

internal:
i dun like the design/layout of estuary. too much balcony and the overall layout. already, SM got too many balcony, but estuary got even more. basically paying for unusable space.

of course, there are many other reasons that will support estuary for investment reason. i will not deny them.

i will say that overall, there are 2 main differences between the 2: MRT, and cost. if you overcome these 2, most other issues are smaller issues.

oh yah, i am not a sucker for internal reno and fittings, but since it's thrown in, why not? SM got better fittings - marble, etc, even bathroom. and many whites thrown in as well. not sure abt estuary.

Komo
10-12-12, 08:22
hopefully the road condition and noise will be much better when both nse and the link to cte/expressways from the dam side is up and those bto and condo are completed:D but need a couple of years:o

Jornada
10-12-12, 09:00
internal:
i dun like the design/layout of estuary. too much balcony and the overall layout. already, SM got too many balcony, but estuary got even more. basically paying for unusable space.

Now that you reminded on the balcony space, I thought Northwoods' balcony is already huge (and unusable, at least to my wife), Estuary's are even bigger and some unit's balcony even spans across the 3 bedrooms which I do not like personally. In terms of reservoir view, proximity to amenities, road noise, etc, Orchid Park Condo would make a better choice (everything else aside).

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, property purchase can be entirely subjective so just trust your guts. In general, estuary owners have already made at least 200 to 300k profit before even TOP. I think thats quite a feat for a Yishun Project.

einnoc
10-12-12, 09:21
Totally agree that Orchid Park Condo is a much better choice. Near to transport n amenities n fantastic view. I can rem the view when i visited my fren 15 yrs ago. Awesome. But 15 yrs ago the swimming pool n surrounding alr look quite old. Not sure how's the condition now.

i think Estuary buyers wld be elated at 200K-300K of profit before TOP. Noise pollution can be dealt with at a later time. Any problems that can be deal with $ is not a problem le.

Hopefully SM serenity will not be affected by future developments. Simply love the surrounding. Calm n peaceful. :sleep:

Komo
10-12-12, 09:46
yup the serene surrounding of sm is awesome!:D
just a bit worried about insects.:confused:
from my experience staying facing reservoir tends to have all kinds of insects at night when the lights are on. so at night usually need to close up windows and switch on aircon. anyone staying in this area can advise if have the same issue? thanks:p

einnoc
10-12-12, 10:33
agreed. But my fren whom lived in a condo near khatib & chong pang camp complained of insects too. She's not even near any reservoir. I guess insects n mosquitoes are everywhere.

i was looking at these stick-ons screens.
http://www.magneticscreen.com.sg/productsindex.asp
http://www.magicseal.com.sg/faq.php
But i have no idea if they are better than those small electric anti-insect plug or not.

Shanhz
10-12-12, 12:56
agreed. But my fren whom lived in a condo near khatib & chong pang camp complained of insects too. She's not even near any reservoir. I guess insects n mosquitoes are everywhere.

i was looking at these stick-ons screens.
http://www.magneticscreen.com.sg/productsindex.asp
http://www.magicseal.com.sg/faq.php
But i have no idea if they are better than those small electric anti-insect plug or not.

your fren staying at north wood or euphony? that place is due to the golf course and forest. now that you mention, heng i never bought northwoods (was looking at it coz FH)

i was considering orchid park also. 1.15m for a 1800 sq ft penthouse. where else can find this price? somemore near amenities and good views.

mantrix
11-12-12, 11:55
Northwood prices have not really appreciated much....likely due to NSE and it's location

Shanhz
11-12-12, 12:03
Northwood prices have not really appreciated much....likely due to NSE and it's location

NSE is not that bad. euphony is directly hit, but not northwood. location is the main factor. but i like it for the serenity and away from bustling neighbourhood. yet very close to food and chong pang is just 2 min drive away.

same reason why i chose SM. but not FH lor.

ctng78
11-12-12, 13:43
Honest n purely personal opinion
I have visited estuary twice before deciding against it. The close proximity to the main arterial road means road noise is inevitable and personally, it's a killer. The only selling point is the reservoir view. End of the day, most impt is that you are happy with your purchase.

On the other hand, most if not all of the mid to high floor reservoir view units are going at min of 1000 Psf.....

I stayed at Woodsvale before. So i have decided, not to buy any property near the MRT track again for own stay. The noise from the track will be a big problem and need to keep the window close.:doh: For investment still ok. So i fully agree with you.