PDA

View Full Version : 450K cost, will u go for $800k manhattan 1 BR or 1mil CCR MM?

East Lover
04-11-12, 11:09
For investment only.

Manhattan appt, 800k, 3.1% for 50% loan, 30 years
-: rental - 30 ys installment - mthly mgmt fee - agent fee =0.
-: future of US
+: But expect capital gain in few years

CCR MM, 1000k, 1% for 60% loan, 15 years only
+: rental - 15 yrs installment -mthly fee > 0 now
- : may be negative if interest increase
-: price peak now??

OCR 2 BR:
+: bigger size, more tenants
-: 99 LH
-: no meat left if interest increased?

So given similar cost around 450k, which one will u go?

roly8
04-11-12, 11:13
i will favour freehold status unless your 99yr leasehold condo is on an excellent location..

the future of US is slow..
:o

ccr +freehold .. for just 1 million. why not?

East Lover
04-11-12, 11:23
i will favour freehold status unless your 99yr leasehold condo is on an excellent location..

the future of US is slow..

ccr +freehold .. for just 1 million. why not?
How abt this? Just top, 10 mins walk to orchard.
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/10138401/for-sale-rv-suites

Mr.Keh
04-11-12, 11:25
US property seems to be rebounding and on an up-trend, even Warren Buffet has in the last 1 year massively increased his bets in construction, mortgage and related sectors . Just curious, why invest in New york as the prices there didn't drop much? There are other U.S cities in the West coast that seems to offer better price points and yields.

carbuncle
04-11-12, 11:27
Obvious choice isnt it

East Lover
04-11-12, 11:32
Obvious choice isnt it
MM? Ur favorite MM? :D

East Lover
04-11-12, 11:34
US property seems to be rebounding and on an up-trend, even Warren Buffet has in the last 1 year massively increased his bets in construction, mortgage and related sectors . Just curious, why invest in New york as the prices there didn't drop much? There are other U.S cities in the West coast that seems to offer better price points and yields.
Hard to manage. My friend went to court as tenant didn't pay for 3 mth, and ended up paid $2k for him to leave the house :hell-hath-no-fury:

Laguna
04-11-12, 11:37
I am now selling away my properties in US, for the following reasons :

1. a lot of expenses to pay, change heater, change mattress, change carpet...etc...u don't even know whether there is a need to change, and how much it really cost u...this is on top of the 10% agency fee paid

2. it is too far for you to manage

3. u don't know the quality of your tenants

4. I can make better use of money

U can buy, provided you have someone u can trust to manage for you.

Mr.Keh
04-11-12, 11:40
Hard to manage. My friend went to court as tenant didn't pay for 3 mth, and ended up paid $2k for him to leave the house :hell-hath-no-fury:

That's the biggest headache for investing in U.S properties. U.S prices are very attractive compared to Australia and U.K, but the distance is really a barrier unless you have trusted friends there to manage for you.

minority
04-11-12, 11:44
For investment only.

OCR 2 BR:

Manhattan!

minority
04-11-12, 11:46

Thats the property of US property tenants have more rights. in SGP the lanlord have more rights.;)

East Lover
04-11-12, 11:47
Totally agreed. Too far to manager, too costly to maintain... Too Long list to complete :D

Only hope the price can recover from bottom in 5 years time, so just nice for my son's university fund :D
And its manhattan :p Wall Street ... :rolleyes: big name when I was young.

I am now selling away my properties in US, for the following reasons :

1. a lot of expenses to pay, change heater, change mattress, change carpet...etc...u don't even know whether there is a need to change, and how much it really cost u...this is on top of the 10% agency fee paid

2. it is too far for you to manage

3. u don't know the quality of your tenants

4. I can make better use of money

U can buy, provided you have someone u can trust to manage for you.

East Lover
04-11-12, 11:49
Manhattan!
U same as me, have 曼哈顿情结?or from investment point of view??

carbuncle
04-11-12, 11:52
MM? Ur favorite MM? :D

Ya MM not MyManhattan

minority
04-11-12, 12:14
U same as me, have 曼哈顿情结?or from investment point of view??

ok on a more serious note. I like manhanttan from a collection pt of view. but problem with US property is maintenance are high. The other thing is beign 23hr flight away can be difficult to manage.

currently rental is low.

from a investment pt of view I like london more. if want to dabble in investment must well consider REITs US property might be more liquid.

roly8
04-11-12, 12:16
from a investment pt of view I like london more. if want to dabble in investment must well consider REITs US property might be more liquid.

me prefer uk also..

but not cheap also :beats-me-man:

leesg123
04-11-12, 12:23
For investment only.

OCR 2 BR:

2nd choice.

OCR has risen alot compared to CCR. More chance of downside for ocr compared to ccr. Ccr has good upside.

You can consider rv suites, stellar rv or rv edge.

dtrax
04-11-12, 12:41
How about Alexis? If can get around 800K with current tenancy at 3k rental
Not at CCR but it is FH, immediate cashflow and very low maintenance fee at $80/mth. Balance 200k go buy car/world tour :D :D

p/s: i'm not vested in alexis

auroraborealis
04-11-12, 13:12
I choose the CCR one...

Unless u have close relatives based near NY, else difficult. Friends won't do so much for u either? Also, wall street near southern tip pier... Hurricane Risks

For investment only.

OCR 2 BR:

roly8
04-11-12, 14:27
How about Alexis? If can get around 800K with current tenancy at 3k rental
Not at CCR but it is FH, immediate cashflow and very low maintenance fee at $80/mth. Balance 200k go buy car/world tour :D :D

p/s: i'm not vested in alexis

huh? $80/mth maintenance fee only? i thought normal fee is from $250 onward?

did you get the info. from internet?
me interested to know the fee for each condo.. :banghead:

Lovelle
04-11-12, 14:34
i prefer OCR 2 bedder as price wld be the cheapest among the 3.

leesg123
04-11-12, 14:36
huh? $80/mth maintenance fee only? i thought normal fee is from $250 onward?

did you get the info. from internet?
me interested to know the fee for each condo.. :banghead:i think alexis does not come with carpark

Lovelle
04-11-12, 14:40
alexis might benefit fr new launch at redhill....

roly8
04-11-12, 15:05
i think alexis does not come with carpark

ok..

rent out to people, ok..
but not for my own stay.. lol..for fengshui reason :p

Santro
04-11-12, 19:42
I will go for option 3- 2 bedder in OCR.
I attended the exhibition at Regent yesterday :) . If you think from your heart, its a lovely investment in terms of view, location, accessibility etc. If you use your head and do the calculations on ROI, its high risk limited returns. Its a play on long capital appreciation than rental.

East Lover
04-11-12, 20:04
I will go for option 3- 2 bedder in OCR.
I attended the exhibition at Regent yesterday :) . If you think from your heart, its a lovely investment in terms of view, location, accessibility etc. If you use your head and do the calculations on ROI, its high risk limited returns. Its a play on long capital appreciation than rental.
My heart says go, my head says no :D

Santro
04-11-12, 20:25
Same for me...finally I decided to go with my head...I dont have alot of spare cash and wait long long for the Manhattan transformations to happen. Have to pay capital gain tax on gains, if any.

My heart says go, my head says no :D

chestnut
05-11-12, 06:03
Sis East, just ask yourself some simple questions, what is the purpose of this investment?

1. For yield?
2. For capital gain? (of the 2, which is more important)
3. For trophy or memory?

No 3 is normally done when u have excess cash. So what do u want? If u have quite a fair bit of cash and cash to u is not that important, go with your heart.

Sis, today, I follow a lot of my heart. So u know which stage I am in. :D :D :D

East Lover
05-11-12, 08:36
to fight QE3/4/../xyz :D

in fact, I understand it's very hard to yield anything by investing US properties. It seems cheap, but adding up all the maintenance, taxes, no much meat will be left. As other forumer said, we have to pay captical gain tax if there is any gain :o

However, SG property is too expensive now, very hard to find any good buy...

did you hear find any good buy recently? my stage 3 bro? :D :D

Sis East, just ask yourself some simple questions, what is the purpose of this investment?

1. For yield?
2. For capital gain? (of the 2, which is more important)
3. For trophy or memory?

No 3 is normally done when u have excess cash. So what do u want? If u have quite a fair bit of cash and cash to u is not that important, go with your heart.

Sis, today, I follow a lot of my heart. So u know which stage I am in. :D :D :D

roly8
05-11-12, 09:02
i remember an investment quote.

"don't chase the market and wait for the market to come to you..."
:ashamed1::ashamed1:

:D:D

chestnut
05-11-12, 09:41
Sis, your investment strategy really needs fine tuning leh !!!!! You must buy me Coffee when WV TOP and I go there to collect keys. OK, here goes :

1. Investment is not about QE3/4, operation twist, or what have you. Investment is about what you are looking at. So you need to know your profile - risk taker or not, young or old, Huge gains or dividents (or both).

2. You need to know why you are investing? For the long term or short term? You also need to include in trades for quick bucks. Dont always think long term. When opportunity comes your way, you need to grab and trade. If the trade can become long term in the future, you can switch it to an investment.

3. Once you have your objective figured out, then you need to determine what fits into your plan. I give you an example, if you are going from Tampines to Jurong at 3pm and want to reach there fast, do you take train, bus or cab (assuming u dont drive). or you take a combo? Now if you want to go there the cheapest way and you have time, which will you take? You will definitely eliminate taxi from the list, right?

So, figure out what if your objective - for retirement (passive income), for capital gains, or rental yield, for trophy ?
There are many instruments - stocks, bonds, reits, forex, dual currencies, notes, properties, etc...

I cannot finish this in just one conversation here with you. It is also very dangerous to reveal too much info here for me. I really have no intention to know how much you have or how much you want to invest. But what i found out is so far no one can advise me and I take destiny into my own hands.

As to your final question, YES. I did go into another unit after waterview. YES, I think it is a gem which is uncovered and it meets my goal. Please dont ask me which unit. I may tell you when we meet at WV for TOP.

Lastly, do u think u made a good decision with WV? I would like to hear your views. You can PM me if you feel uncomfortable. I can also share with you my views on WV.

;):D

to fight QE3/4/../xyz :D

in fact, I understand it's very hard to yield anything by investing US properties. It seems cheap, but adding up all the maintenance, taxes, no much meat will be left. As other forumer said, we have to pay captical gain tax if there is any gain :o

However, SG property is too expensive now, very hard to find any good buy...

did you hear find any good buy recently? my stage 3 bro? :D :D

focus
05-11-12, 10:14
i remember an investment quote.

"don't chase the market and wait for the market to come to you..."
:ashamed1::ashamed1:

:D:D

But property bulls will tell you .."You wait loh.... see those who waited since 2008 ..5yrs now ..and where the price is.. Property cycle is always higher highs and higher lows. If don't buy now, when the price comes to you it might be the price you think it's high now"

So two sides of the coins.. :) Bears and bulls says different things for their investment quotes.

chestnut
05-11-12, 10:46
But property bulls will tell you .."You wait loh.... see those who waited since 2008 ..5yrs now ..and where the price is.. Property cycle is always higher highs and higher lows. If don't buy now, when the price comes to you it might be the price you think it's high now"

So two sides of the coins.. :) Bears and bulls says different things for their investment quotes.

Bro, why need to listen to bulls and bears. Do your own homework and answer to yourself la. :doh::doh:

focus
05-11-12, 11:55
Bro, why need to listen to bulls and bears. Do your own homework and answer to yourself la. :doh::doh:

'coz i am a NOOB. :)
Must absorbed all i can.

Anyway, I am more inclined to buy a landed for own stay now.
Seems like prices are coming down for the small landed that are old .(around 2000-2500sqft land size).

chestnut
05-11-12, 12:00
Must absorbed all i can.

Seems like prices are coming down for the small landed that are old .(around 2000-2500sqft land size).

Well done. Absorb the facts. Delete the 'opinions'. Absorb the facts that lead to opinions and form your own opinion. Allow for contradictions and validate if it makes sense.

price
05-11-12, 12:08
Must absorbed all i can.

which area are u looking at for landed ? :D

focus
05-11-12, 13:44
which area are u looking at for landed ? :D

Serangoon gdns, kovan and seletar area .. Cheaper part of D15,D16.. like joochiat..opera estate.

http://i45.tinypic.com/104olec.png

Pricing looks quite attractive now... and maybe can negotiate down somemore?

price
05-11-12, 14:05
Serangoon gdns, kovan and seletar area .. Cheaper part of D15,D16.. like joochiat..opera estate.

http://i45.tinypic.com/104olec.png

Pricing looks quite attractive now... and maybe can negotiate down somemore?
wow, any further details for the hillside one?

focus
05-11-12, 14:15
wow, any further details for the hillside one?
All need to do some A&A to become more livable for my parents' (FUSSY). If for me, i can paint the walls and move in already! :) Old folks says living in an old house.. they feel lethargic..and old QI... new house..new Qi.. feel more energetic..

Go propertyguru and google hillside loh.

Anyway, for comparison..
this was in June 2012.
http://i48.tinypic.com/919eag.png

this was in Nov 2010.
http://i49.tinypic.com/fcihlh.png

price
05-11-12, 14:43
All need to do some A&A to become more livable for my parents' (FUSSY). If for me, i can paint the walls and move in already! :) Old folks says living in an old house.. they feel lethargic..and old QI... new house..new Qi.. feel more energetic..

Anyway, for comparison..
this was in June 2012.

this was in Nov 2010.
thank you!

proper-t
05-11-12, 15:04
Must absorbed all i can.

Good move !!! :cheers4:

East Lover
05-11-12, 15:19
Good tracking.

it seems FH landed is reachable soon :D

Anyway, for comparison..
this was in June 2012.

this was in Nov 2010.

East Lover
08-11-12, 11:04
Sorry bro chesnut, somehow i overlooked this so heavy reply! :D

ok ok, i just want to buy one more 1 bedder or 2 bedder below 1mil, for rental. not really keen for new project, better some going to TOP project near/next to MRT, as i want to collect rental immediately. :rolleyes:

Still can find some good one at this time?? can good recommendation on this??

Sis, your investment strategy really needs fine tuning leh !!!!! You must buy me Coffee when WV TOP and I go there to collect keys. OK, here goes :

1. Investment is not about QE3/4, operation twist, or what have you. Investment is about what you are looking at. So you need to know your profile - risk taker or not, young or old, Huge gains or dividents (or both).

2. You need to know why you are investing? For the long term or short term? You also need to include in trades for quick bucks. Dont always think long term. When opportunity comes your way, you need to grab and trade. If the trade can become long term in the future, you can switch it to an investment.

3. Once you have your objective figured out, then you need to determine what fits into your plan. I give you an example, if you are going from Tampines to Jurong at 3pm and want to reach there fast, do you take train, bus or cab (assuming u dont drive). or you take a combo? Now if you want to go there the cheapest way and you have time, which will you take? You will definitely eliminate taxi from the list, right?

So, figure out what if your objective - for retirement (passive income), for capital gains, or rental yield, for trophy ?
There are many instruments - stocks, bonds, reits, forex, dual currencies, notes, properties, etc...

I cannot finish this in just one conversation here with you. It is also very dangerous to reveal too much info here for me. I really have no intention to know how much you have or how much you want to invest. But what i found out is so far no one can advise me and I take destiny into my own hands.

As to your final question, YES. I did go into another unit after waterview. YES, I think it is a gem which is uncovered and it meets my goal. Please dont ask me which unit. I may tell you when we meet at WV for TOP.

Lastly, do u think u made a good decision with WV? I would like to hear your views. You can PM me if you feel uncomfortable. I can also share with you my views on WV.

;):D

dtrax
08-11-12, 14:09
Alexis can buy if can get 800k n below for 1rm MM, TOPed, MRT and strong support from 1rm ONR at Bouna already trading at a high 9XXk. $80/mth fee will be the yield for this development look like a rockstar

chestnut
08-11-12, 14:37
1 bedder and 2 bedder is not my forte. Dtrax pointed you to Alexis....
Actually, for me I love queens but the prices are super high now. Diff to find gems and I have stopped looking already. I am here to share share now and TCSS. Awaiting my retirement. Dont buy for the sake of buying. Look at your objective. But I have this strange feeling, you are feeling frustrated hoarding cash.. hahahaha..

:):):cheers4:

East Lover
08-11-12, 22:03
1 bedder and 2 bedder is not my forte. Dtrax pointed you to Alexis....
Actually, for me I love queens but the prices are super high now. Diff to find gems and I have stopped looking already. I am here to share share now and TCSS. Awaiting my retirement. Dont buy for the sake of buying. Look at your objective. But I have this strange feeling, you are feeling frustrated hoarding cash.. hahahaha..

:):):cheers4:
Hard to find gems now, agreed! Never mind, I will patiently wait till 2013 :p :p

leesg123
08-11-12, 23:46
Hard to find gems now, agreed! Never mind, I will patiently wait till 2013 :p :p
Not considering RV Suites?

East Lover
09-11-12, 08:55
Would u mind to share with us why RV suites outstand the rest of MM in OCR?

How come I feel mt Sophia area more accessible than RV? So more easy to rent??

East Lover
09-11-12, 09:18
Would u mind to share with us why RV suites outstand the rest of MM in OCR?

How come I feel mt Sophia area more accessible than RV? So more easy to rent??
I mean CCR MM

East Lover
10-11-12, 13:24
How come RV Suites stated as Appartment instead of condo?? :rolleyes:

carbuncle
10-11-12, 15:51
erm... why would it be a condo? its laid out like a typical apartment style mm