PDA

View Full Version : Marina One Residences, 99LH, M+S Pte Ltd

Pages : [1] 2

dtrax
04-11-12, 17:00
Saw this updated on OneMap:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7130/8153294007_5c134f68b0_c.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xAWlk6z_52I/T_959AyIFZI/AAAAAAAAAeo/JPHsu8G7cSU/s1600/1_MarinaSouth_Parcels.jpg

Related article: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1212985/1/.html

carbuncle
04-11-12, 18:18
Aiyo... Another skyscraper resi.... 3500psf?

dtrax
04-11-12, 18:37
Perhaps a gd indicator for possible hotmoney flowing in for investor grade projects if they are launching anytime soon??

dtrax
19-02-13, 14:30
SINGAPORE: The Marina One development in the heart of Singapore's Central Business District will be a coveted business and lifestyle destination that will raise the bar for integrated developments.

M+S, which is owned 60:40 by Khazanah Nasional and Temasek Holdings, said its development marks a brand new chapter in the Marina Bay Masterplan.

Its design was unveiled on Tuesday by Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and his Malaysian counterpart, Mr Najib Razak, who are holding their Leaders' Retreat.

Marina One, designed by world renowned architect Christoph Ingenhoven, will be completed in 2017, with a gross floor area of 3.67 million square feet.

It consists of Marina One Residences, Marina One Offices as well as a retail podium.

Marina One Residences comprises two towers of 1,042 luxury city residences, ranging from one- to four- bedroom units, including penthouses. These will be launched in the second half of 2013.

Marina One Offices -- with east and west towers -- offer 1.88 million square feet of prime office space.

Its crown jewels will be two 100,000 square feet office floor plates, one of the largest in Asia.

Marina One will also have a retail podium called The Heart, which will also serve as a sanctuary and green space.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/components/display_image.php?id=529298

taggy
19-02-13, 14:36
i wonder IRAS can collect how much 15% ABSD for this project.
IRAS huat ah! :D

Ringo33
19-02-13, 15:47
i wonder IRAS can collect how much 15% ABSD for this
project.
IRAS huat ah! :D

Maybe Malaysiasn might get waiver for this project.

taggy
19-02-13, 15:56
Maybe Malaysiasn might get waiver for this project.

i know liao lah... if response not good... maybe absd reduce/remove in 2nd half 2013? possible or not? :D

Ringo33
19-02-13, 16:03
i know liao lah... if response not good... maybe absd reduce/remove in 2nd half 2013? possible or not? :D

This is landmark project between the 2 governments, so I think it is possible that Singapore government might have to waive the ABSD for Malaysian buyers.

phantom_opera
19-02-13, 16:18
This is landmark project between the 2 governments, so I think it is possible that Singapore government might have to waive the ABSD for Malaysian buyers.

sure lah ... otherwise Khazanah will be angry ... PM Najib wife wants to buy ten kena ABSD :rolleyes:

taggy
19-02-13, 16:26
sure lah ... otherwise Khazanah will be angry ... PM Najib wife wants to buy ten kena ABSD :rolleyes:

but must have good excuse mah.... sign FTA immediately :D

phantom_opera
19-02-13, 18:04
horrible design .. macam slums

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/imagecache/story-gallery-featured/mone192134e.jpg

look at what British Victorians can do ... until now become St Pancras Eurostar station

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01157/portal-graphics-20_1157354a.jpg

DC33_2008
19-02-13, 20:27
This series of project will really spur this place up.
SINGAPORE: The Marina One development in the heart of Singapore's Central Business District will be a coveted business and lifestyle destination that will raise the bar for integrated developments.

M+S, which is owned 60:40 by Khazanah Nasional and Temasek Holdings, said its development marks a brand new chapter in the Marina Bay Masterplan.

Its design was unveiled on Tuesday by Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and his Malaysian counterpart, Mr Najib Razak, who are holding their Leaders' Retreat.

Marina One, designed by world renowned architect Christoph Ingenhoven, will be completed in 2017, with a gross floor area of 3.67 million square feet.

It consists of Marina One Residences, Marina One Offices as well as a retail podium.

Marina One Residences comprises two towers of 1,042 luxury city residences, ranging from one- to four- bedroom units, including penthouses. These will be launched in the second half of 2013.

Marina One Offices -- with east and west towers -- offer 1.88 million square feet of prime office space.

Its crown jewels will be two 100,000 square feet office floor plates, one of the largest in Asia.

Marina One will also have a retail podium called The Heart, which will also serve as a sanctuary and green space.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/components/display_image.php?id=529298

Ringo33
20-02-13, 14:28
I think this project can buy. Sure will be tip top condition security and quality. Potential anchor tenant will be MAS / Temasek / GLC / Petronas / Kazanah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5ut43L9Rwg

DC33_2008
20-02-13, 15:40
Hence, must invest in FH or 999LH properties in this area.

august
20-02-13, 16:42
The office towers seem taller than the residential towers.

Ringo33
20-02-13, 16:57
The office towers seem taller than the residential towers.

Yes, logical move as big company bigwigs working in that office will need their office to tower above the residential unit.

august
20-02-13, 17:05
Yes, logical move as big company bigwigs working in that office will need their office to tower above the residential unit.

The Sail is taller if not as tall as ORQ leh. No bigwigs in ORQ? :confused:

Ringo33
20-02-13, 17:11
The Sail is taller if not as tall as ORQ leh. No bigwigs in ORQ? :confused:

The Sail is The Sail, ORQ is ORQ, different land plot, different project, different developer. Whats the point of comparison?

august
20-02-13, 17:15
The Sail is The Sail, ORQ is ORQ, different land plot, different project, different developer. Whats the point of comparison?

Oh, no offense. I just find the reasoning that office bigwigs should tower over residences in the same plot not that plausible. Dont angry lah.

Adva181
20-02-13, 17:21
Sometimes I am wondering, with CCR transaction down and so many cooling measure around, how is DUO, 1M, Tg tallest building, South Beach these 4 mega price project going to sell? I am sure there will still be buyer but I cannot imagine them to be sold out and developer is to pay ABSD after 5 years...:spliff2:

Ringo33
20-02-13, 17:41
Oh, no offense. I just find the reasoning that office bigwigs should tower over residences in the same plot not that plausible. Dont angry lah.

Not offended but I just find that the example give by you are pretty pointless because The Sail and ORQ are completely different projects sold and operate by different owners, whereas what we are discussing here is One Marina, a single landmark project the is jointly developed by governments from 2 countries.

And my logical thinking for this landmark building, is that the potential tenants occupying this building will include government agency like Khazanah and Temasek. So is it not logical for them to design the office tower to rise above the residential building so that the bigwig sitting above will have a better view, and of course better security and privacy.

Ringo33
20-02-13, 17:47
Sometimes I am wondering, with CCR transaction down and so many cooling measure around, how is DUO, 1M, Tg tallest building, South Beach these 4 mega price project going to sell? I am sure there will still be buyer but I cannot imagine them to be sold out and developer is to pay ABSD after 5 years...:spliff2:'

OM and DUO not problem because project is funded by government. For CDL South Beach, and TG also no problem because they are mixed development project with small residential component.

electron
20-02-13, 18:17
'

OM and DUO not problem because project is funded by government. For CDL South Beach, and TG also no problem because they are mixed development project with small residential component.
Pardon me, what's TG?

Ringo33
20-02-13, 18:32
Pardon me, what's TG?

sorry, its suppose to be TP, tanjong pagar

electron
20-02-13, 18:33
sorry, its suppose to be TP, tanjong pagar
Oh I see, thanks.

Mongoose
24-02-13, 11:52
While the location seems good for an iconic project, i can imagine there will be several other projects in future around it, esp towards the south and south west where there are still large tracts of land available for development.

There's also no view of the Marina reservoir, given that its blocked by MBFC

In future, I can imagine more towers coming up and "towering" over Marina One.

Any idea what lies ahead for the land around Marina One? I can imagine it'll be more commercial/resi mix developments, rather than recreational or green lungs.

Ringo33
24-02-13, 21:38
While the location seems good for an iconic project, i can imagine there will be several other projects in future around it, esp towards the south and south west where there are still large tracts of land available for development.

Any idea what lies ahead for the land around Marina One? I can imagine it'll be more commercial/resi mix developments, rather than recreational or green lungs.

Marina bay square park location with its mrt station will be the epic center of the new mbc. Go check mp2008 all info are there

Learner
09-04-13, 23:18
From the model looks very dense and congested.

Learner
26-05-13, 00:04
anyone heard any news on Marina One, Duo or the Guoccoland development at tanjong pagar?

mcmlxxvi
26-05-13, 08:56
guocoland and marina one are tracked closely at ssc forum

Learner
26-05-13, 17:58
guocoland and marina one are tracked closely at ssc forum

Thank you. It took me a while to figure out what is SSC - it is Skyscrapercity right?

I like the pics and info from SSC. Marina One will be interesting....

smartboy2
13-06-13, 14:09
I'll be keeping a close watch on TP180, Duo and Marina.

Vest in 1.

Ringo33
13-06-13, 14:52
I'll be keeping a close watch on TP180, Duo and Marina.

Vest in 1.

out of the 3, M1 location will be the best. I think there will be 3 or 4 MRT line cutting through that area.

I also like the grid layout of the area. Very Manhattan like.

smartboy2
16-06-13, 12:44
out of the 3, M1 location will be the best. I think there will be 3 or 4 MRT line cutting through that area.

I also like the grid layout of the area. Very Manhattan like.

Yes, what stations you want can be found in just 400M.
Very strategic. I can only say, the Govt has always reserved the best for themselves isnt it.

I am more keen to see which project out of the 3 will launch first and of course, price :D

Learner
16-06-13, 23:14
I also think marina one is the best among the 3. But looks like duo will launch first. maybe M+S wants to test waters

Learner
16-06-13, 23:17
I guess duo $3,200 psf and marina one $3,500 psf on average :)

riverfish
19-06-13, 13:36
I guess duo $3,200 psf and marina one $3,500 psf on average :)

At $3,500 psf, rent sure cannot cover - less than 1% rental yield probably. So most buyers buy for own stay? Or rich tai tai buy as trophy property to show off, for pple with spare cash to burn?

august
19-06-13, 17:37
At $3,500 psf, rent sure cannot cover - less than 1% rental yield probably. So most buyers buy for own stay? Or rich tai tai buy as trophy property to show off, for pple with spare cash to burn?

$3,500 psf but shoebox sizes of 300-400 sqft? lol

Learner
19-06-13, 23:12
MARINA BAY RESIDENCES MARINA BOULEVARD Condominium 1 9,040,200 2,379 Strata 3,800 Jun-13

.... we never know...MBR hits 3,800 psf already....

smartboy2
20-06-13, 09:52

Owners Buy Financial district not for rental, long term capital appreciation

riverfish
24-06-13, 19:18
Owners Buy Financial district not for rental, long term capital appreciation
Some say nvr buy leasehold 99 years if u r looking for capital appreciation, cos u can't hold it long term like a freehold ppty. In another words, u need to time ur entry n exit well for leasehold ppties, which can be tricky.

thomastansb
25-06-13, 10:02
That is a myth. You can't hold FH property forever also.

Both FH and LH properties get en-bloc
Seldom, we will see FH properties > 99 years
Seldom, we will see LH properties exhausting its lease
Location is far superior than FH status
You can't hold FH forever either (you will die or the house might rot)
Timing entry/exit is vital for any property/investment, not only LH

Some say nvr buy leasehold 99 years if u r looking for capital appreciation, cos u can't hold it long term like a freehold ppty. In another words, u need to time ur entry n exit well for leasehold ppties, which can be tricky.

smartboy2
25-06-13, 10:40

-agree.. Unless you are intending to leave the house behind for your kids or grandchildren.

But then again, there is always a wear and tear situation after 25-30 years.

vboy
12-09-13, 12:17
DUO and Marina One set for 2017 completion
Sep 6, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.sg
Comment E-mail to friend Bookmark & Share
Two mega mixed-use projects jointly developed by Malaysia and Singapore are expected to be ready in 2017, after the developer M+S awarded two construction contracts amounting to S$2 billion.

DUO in the Bugis area will be built by Japanese Obayashi Corporation, while a Korean consortium of Hyundai Engineering & Construction and GS Engineering & Construction will be responsible for erecting Marina One in Marina South.

The two projects are the result of the 2010 land swap deal between Singapore and Malaysia, under which Malaysian railway land in Singapore was returned in exchange for four land parcels in Marina South and two in Ophir-Rochor.

Responding, M+S Chairman Tan Sri Azman Yahya said the appointment of the three contractors was another milestone for the two iconic developments. M+S is a 60:40 joint venture between Khazanah and Temasek.

Both projects have a total development value of S$11 billion and will comprise residential, office and retail components. DUO will also feature a hotel.

Construction for the two projects is expected to begin this year.

DC33_2008
12-09-13, 18:06
These two projects and Southbeach will bring vibrancy to this area. :banana::banana::banana:
DUO and Marina One set for 2017 completion
Sep 6, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.sg
Comment E-mail to friend Bookmark & Share
Two mega mixed-use projects jointly developed by Malaysia and Singapore are expected to be ready in 2017, after the developer M+S awarded two construction contracts amounting to S$2 billion.

DUO in the Bugis area will be built by Japanese Obayashi Corporation, while a Korean consortium of Hyundai Engineering & Construction and GS Engineering & Construction will be responsible for erecting Marina One in Marina South.

The two projects are the result of the 2010 land swap deal between Singapore and Malaysia, under which Malaysian railway land in Singapore was returned in exchange for four land parcels in Marina South and two in Ophir-Rochor.

Responding, M+S Chairman Tan Sri Azman Yahya said the appointment of the three contractors was another milestone for the two iconic developments. M+S is a 60:40 joint venture between Khazanah and Temasek.

Both projects have a total development value of S$11 billion and will comprise residential, office and retail components. DUO will also feature a hotel.

Construction for the two projects is expected to begin this year.

shauntanzs
12-09-13, 18:14
Yes, pls chiong faster, I wait until neck very long liao...

Ringo33
01-12-13, 10:49
4000psf??

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu22/don_diego_2000/ScreenShot2013-11-29at63150pm_zps72309202.png

Kenshinto80
18-01-14, 18:18

Fully agree....very beautifully summarized. Too many people have misconception abt LH properties. Haha...you are right. Be it freehold or LH, the house will eventually rot....

CCR
18-01-14, 20:43
Yes I am sure it will get enbloc before 99 years but LH, when enbloc gotta top up lease while the no need so buy old FH is the best

Royston8H
18-01-14, 21:39
any idea if this Marina One has started to sell or already a fully sold out?

Allthepies
19-01-14, 17:19
Freehold is definitely better than leasehold if all else are equal.... however freehold always has added upfront premium to pay over leasehold... so there is really no difference : )

vwuser
29-01-14, 20:40

Haven't launched yet. But the showroom looks completed

jeffrey.teng
08-02-14, 16:51

Hi Royston8H, preview for Marina One (http://www.marina-01.com) is expected within the next 1-2 months. Will keep this thread posted.

Finishing and quality will definitely match DUO Residences (http://www.duo-rochor.com) @ Bugis.

Happy CNY!

ecimbew
14-02-14, 17:33
Reminds me of Hong Kong

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r-acSUVh57k/UiQb54YTobI/AAAAAAAAWV4/gydLEG7hyxw/s1600/2.jpg

ecimbew
14-02-14, 17:38
Like this...

http://lindsayrgwatt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/IMG_2227.jpg

ecimbew
14-02-14, 17:45

True
http://www-marinaone.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Marina-one-residences.jpg

ecimbew
14-02-14, 17:48
Will it be gold windows?

http://sellproperty.sg/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Marina-One-Overview.gif

ecimbew
14-02-14, 17:50
They look really happy here. Happy pose, sirs!

http://sin.stb.s-msn.com/i/DD/6C943BDD52F6C914E3EB11435231F3.jpg

ecimbew
14-02-14, 17:55
Ok lah. It does look further apart on paper.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6gRGit18LLw/Us0U6OqVyjI/AAAAAAAAB2Y/H95fv0ZE47A/s1600/marina+one+design+concept.jpg

proud owner
14-02-14, 22:38
[QUOTE=ecimbew;462789]Reminds me of Hong Kong

reminds me of Chocolate Wafer

hyenergix
15-02-14, 05:05
Reminds me of Hong Kong

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r-acSUVh57k/UiQb54YTobI/AAAAAAAAWV4/gydLEG7hyxw/s1600/2.jpg

Facade looks very busy and is likely to be difficult to maintain.

ecimbew
15-02-14, 09:02
reminds me of Chocolate Wafer

True
http://www.colourbox.com/preview/4311614-888352-heap-chocolate-wafers.jpg

ecimbew
15-02-14, 09:06
Still can't beat Interlace.

http://www.bloomberg.com/image/iGpdNE.B.fHo.jpg

sunboy77
15-02-14, 13:28
Haha anyone wants to know indicative prices and the smallest sizes?

august
15-02-14, 15:41

Do enlighten, thanks.

ecimbew
15-02-14, 15:46
Is it $2500 - $3000 psf?

august
15-02-14, 15:52
Is it $2500 - $3000 psf?

at 400-500 sqft size?

DC33_2008
15-02-14, 15:53
Smallest unit at 300sqft?

Ringo33
15-02-14, 15:57

Here is my quess

Smallest unit will be 400-500sqft, price range from $3000psf to 4000psf

Minimum price will be >$1.5m

Ringo33
15-02-14, 15:59
True
http://www.colourbox.com/preview/4311614-888352-heap-chocolate-wafers.jpg

Any miniature model made in that color will look like wafers.

I expect the actual thing to look much better.

lionhill
15-02-14, 17:57
Here is my quess

Smallest unit will be 400-500sqft, price range from $3000psf to 4000psf

Minimum price will be >$1.5m

very bullish.

bullman
15-02-14, 18:49
I think it's more like 550-650 Sqft with Psf of ard $2000 to $2500. Quantum around $1.25M to $1.5M

ekl2ekl2
15-02-14, 19:50
1000 units, so very highly to have MM units <500sfeet,
but there will be a spread from 400 to 600 sfeet

Clermont 2900-3000pfs and above all high floor,
so this one cannot be much cheaper.
for MM units low floor probably start around 2200-2300 pfs at least
(around $1m at least)

For larger units, low floor should start around 1900-2000pfs

Ringo33
16-02-14, 00:04
I think it's more like 550-650 Sqft with Psf of ard $2000 to $2500. Quantum around $1.25M to $1.5M

This $7b project is marketed as luxury urban living concept, it cannot be that cheap. What you are buying will not just your typical condo, it is status symbol, iconic landmark building with full of luxury services and convenience from its integrated retail and commercial components.

Plus you will get a massive green garden right at your door steps and a green landscaping feature right in the heart of the complex. Imaging people working out, having picnic, walking their dogs etc. Ultimately, this will become a place to see and to be seen.

For MM, my guess is it will have to be $3000psf and above.

bullman
16-02-14, 07:44
No need to argue buddy. Let's wait for the launch. Should happen very soon.

Ringo33
16-02-14, 08:04
No need to argue buddy. Let's wait for the launch. Should happen very soon.

Not arguing, just sharing my observation of what I see and what I read. Correct me if I am wrong. in the press it stated that this is a $7b integrated project with commercial residential and retail component.

For the residential development its marketed as luxury urban living, and set to raise the bar for integrated project in Singapore. Looking at the design, site location etc, I do not see why this project cannot be sold at higher than MBS and MBR, which are going at above $3000psf.

http://marinaoneresidences-sg.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Marina-One-Design-Kristy-Chan-81880977.jpg

DC33_2008
16-02-14, 08:23
Wow. Good for other developments in and close to this deveopment.
Not arguing, just sharing my observation of what I see and what I read. Correct me if I am wrong. in the press it stated that this is a $7b integrated project with commercial residential and retail component.

For the residential development its marketed as luxury urban living, and set to raise the bar for integrated project in Singapore. Looking at the design, site location etc, I do not see why this project cannot be sold at higher than MBS and MBR, which are going at above $3000psf.

http://marinaoneresidences-sg.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Marina-One-Design-Kristy-Chan-81880977.jpg

lifeline
16-02-14, 11:12
some 3D images:

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/f515/1kp3c7oauw66rlm6g.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/df9d/177fbr7qc1g4jb36g.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/8317/rnhk9b7non87jg46g.jpg

ecimbew
16-02-14, 11:38
Very nice! Thanks

some 3D images:

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/f515/1kp3c7oauw66rlm6g.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/df9d/177fbr7qc1g4jb36g.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/8317/rnhk9b7non87jg46g.jpg

ecimbew
16-02-14, 11:40
Foundation and carpark are completed. Now ground level. Can see from the Sail.
From the 3 D images, I think the existing roads in front of MOR will be realigned.

ecimbew
16-02-14, 18:44
at URA
http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu22/don_diego_2000/IMG_4057_zpsb77dbd55.jpg

ecimbew
16-02-14, 18:51
Looks like after Rochor Centre is demolished, it will be sold for private development.

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu22/don_diego_2000/IMG_4059_zpsf9735f6c.jpg

DC33_2008
16-02-14, 20:07
That is what garment is good at. ;)
Looks like after Rochor Centre is demolished, it will be sold for private development.

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu22/don_diego_2000/IMG_4059_zpsf9735f6c.jpg

Adva181
16-02-14, 20:17

I kind of agree with the quantum at 1.2m to 1.5m for a 1 bedder.
As for size, maybe 480sf to 580sf.

I already waited very long for this.

Time to enter if pricing is as predicted.

DC33_2008
16-02-14, 20:30
Do you think they will price lower just like what they did for duo?

amk
17-02-14, 11:04
...interesting... while everyone is not positive on pty mkt, it seems a lot of ppl are interested in this ;)

sunboy77
17-02-14, 11:32
Confirmed no MM units (not even close to MM sizes).

Confirmed prices will not be like DUO when it was first-launched.

sunboy77
17-02-14, 11:43
some 3D images:

Hi Lifeline, where did you get these very nice images from? :)

lifeline
17-02-14, 11:59
Hi Lifeline, where did you get these very nice images from? :)

hi Sunboy77, i am glad you like them! :)
got them from ura centre. use the ipad-like viewer, point at the 3d icon in the models, then you see all these 3d images. i hold the heavy viewer in 1 hand and adjust till the 3d images appear and in the orientation i want, then snap the pictures with my note 2 in the other hand. actually very difficult and awkward manoeuvres. finally crop the nice non-blurred pictures. i only posted a few of the relevant ones - didn't want to spam.

sunboy77
17-02-14, 12:17
got them from ura centre. use the ipad-like viewer, point at the 3d icon in the models, then you see all these 3d images. i hold the heavy viewer in 1 hand and adjust till the 3d images appear and in the orientation i want, then snap the pictures with my note 2 in the other hand. actually very difficult and awkward manoeuvres. finally crop the nice non-blurred pictures. i only posted a few of the relevant ones - didn't want to spam.

Oh I know what you mean liao! Haha thanks.

bargain hunter
17-02-14, 13:26
sounds like a great effort! :)

Ringo33
17-02-14, 13:38

Not surprising actually. Like in other project in Marina bay, this one cannot be cheap. If you have sub 1m budget you will need to look elsewhere. I would expect this project to start at around 1.8m and above.

ekl2ekl2
17-02-14, 16:21
Not surprising actually. Like in other project in Marina bay, this one cannot be cheap. If you have sub 1m budget you will need to look elsewhere. I would expect this project to start at around 1.8m and above.

actually I will be surprised. If at least 1.8m, like in clermont, will they be confident that they can sell the 1000 units? that only happens in superbull market with zero CMs. The quantum for a large size project is important.
Dleedon is an example.

If they follow Duo 900k to ave 1.1-1.3m studio/1bedder units, will be a sellout. Probably won't happen again.

sunboy77
17-02-14, 16:43
actually I will be surprised. If at least 1.8m, like in clermont, will they be confident that they can sell the 1000 units? that only happens in superbull market with zero CMs. The quantum for a large size project is important.
Dleedon is an example.

If they follow Duo 900k to ave 1.1-1.3m studio/1bedder units, will be a sellout. Probably won't happen again.
Yes it won't happen.

Ringo33
17-02-14, 16:57
Dleedon is an example.

Marina One is at a different league to DUO and developers already made it very clear that M1 will be a luxury urban concept, which will set a new standard. You just need to look at the type of anchor tenants occupying the office building around Marina Bay to those at Rochor Bugis area.

I wont be surprise if Temasek will occupy the top few floors of the commercial block.

And since developers are so cash rich, I am sure they will be in no hurry to off load at cheap price, or else, lose face leh.

CCR
17-02-14, 16:58
I am sure it will not be duo pricing.... will be 20% higher but still sell out, coz the will provide price it from lowest 2.2k to 2.8k psf, sure sell out, coz clermont is 3k Psf and south beach is 3.5k psf

ekl2ekl2
17-02-14, 17:03
Yes it won't happen.

Sunboy, what is the highest quantum "tolerable"sale price that you think will still easily get buyers queuing overnight for this 1000 unit iconic project?
$1.2m?, $1.5m? $1.8m? or no limit?

ecimbew
17-02-14, 18:25

But there are one bedder 61 sqm right?

sunboy77
17-02-14, 21:44
But there are one bedder 61 sqm right?

Yup 61 sqm is a good starting point.
Unfortunately at this stage, there are a lot of information that I can't explicitly discuss here yet... :(

Ringo33
17-02-14, 21:52
Yup 61 sqm is a good starting point.
Unfortunately at this stage, there are a lot of information that I can't explicitly discuss here yet... :(

Is Khazanah and Temasek going to set up offices at Marina One?

Adva181
17-02-14, 21:54
Do you think they will price lower just like what they did for duo?

Double entry

Adva181
17-02-14, 21:55
I think 1.5m entry after what sunboy said.

Ringo33
17-02-14, 22:20
So are you going to enter or not? Very confusing right?

Personally, I think i would prefer southbeach to any Mariana bay condo. I think the view n convenience is much greater. An integrated mall plus suntec plus marina square... $3000-$4000psf is a fair value.

The M+S plot at Ophir is waiting for this as well to decide their launching price.

Sian x 10 :(
Just when I was looking to buy in again.

I think 1.5m entry after what sunboy said.

Adva181
17-02-14, 22:40
So are you going to enter or not? Very confusing right?

Lol... I also confuse to buy or not. Every few months Gov come out new CM.

I didn't buy Duo because I am already vested opposite.
I am very interested in OM and will buy if ~1.3m but based on Sunboy comment of higher quantum I think need to think twice.

Still must reserve some bullet for the rebuilding works so really depends on quantum lor.

ekl2ekl2
18-02-14, 07:13
Lol... I also confuse to buy or not. Every few months Gov come out new CM.

I didn't buy Duo because I am already vested opposite.
I am very interested in OM and will buy if ~1.3m but based on Sunboy comment of higher quantum I think need to think twice.

Still must reserve some bullet for the rebuilding works so really depends on quantum lor.

Let say start from 600sqfeet and from 2200pfs, $1.3m is possible.

Maybe the same strategy will be used, build up expectation of a super high price and quantum but on actual launch day, quantum and prices much lower than expected and everyone will choing.

While everyone agrees that this one will be launched much higher than DUO. remember for DUo the market expectation was starting from 2000pfs and above but at launch acutal prices 1600pfs and above and suddenly all the low and mid floors ones looked so relatively cheap for a high quality development.

Ringo33
18-02-14, 07:27
Let say start from 600sqfeet and from 2200pfs, $1.3m is possible.

Maybe the same strategy will be used, build up expectation of a super high price and quantum but on actual launch day, quantum and prices much lower than expected and everyone will choing.

While everyone agrees that this one will be launched much higher than DUO. remember for DUo the market expectation was starting from 2000pfs and above but at launch acutal prices 1600pfs and above and suddenly all the low and mid floors ones looked so relatively cheap for a high quality development.

next door, those >1000sqft units are already selling at >2200psf to 3xxx psf in the resale market. How is it possible for this new launch; a project that comes with a price tag of $7b be sold at lower price? $2200psf for studio?

I would say if you dont have $1.8m budget, better look else where.

sunboy77
18-02-14, 10:30
Haha Straits Times today just reported MO going at likely "$2,800 - $3,000 psf".
If we are referring to AVERAGE prices, I don't think it will be this high. But really, not far off la.

august
18-02-14, 10:48
Haha Straits Times today just reported MO going at likely "$2,800 - $3,000 psf".
If we are referring to AVERAGE prices, I don't think it will be this high. But really, not far off la.

Robinson suites when launched was also this pricing. Like this not premium leh. With 1000 units will become like Sail a "mass-market" development.

Ringo33
18-02-14, 11:25
Robinson suites when launched was also this pricing. Like this not premium leh. With 1000 units will become like Sail a "mass-market" development.

Sail was build with mass market material and luxury marketing. This one is different.

katelouise1085
18-02-14, 12:02
I think you should invest in property (http://www.rentinto.ca/services) quickly as the prices of property tends to go higher in near future.

ekl2ekl2
18-02-14, 12:08
next door, those >1000sqft units are already selling at >2200psf to 3xxx psf in the resale market. How is it possible for this new launch; a project that comes with a price tag of $7b be sold at lower price? $2200psf for studio?

I would say if you dont have $1.8m budget, better look else where.

Clermont $1.8m and above, about 14 units sold so far.
If $1.8m minimum, how many of the 1000 units do you think they can sell?

ekl2ekl2
18-02-14, 12:10

My guess is that the actual psf will be lower than the perceived/expected psf

You can huat more when this happens.

Many Thanks for keeping us updated

Ringo33
18-02-14, 12:57
Clermont $1.8m and above, about 14 units sold so far.
If $1.8m minimum, how many of the 1000 units do you think they can sell?

Clermont location is not as hip as Marina One and if you look at the tenant profile at the new marina bay area vs TP, you will be able to see why Marina Bay will command a higher premium. The same reason why Marina Bay Residence is selling above $3000psf while those in TP are only hovering around 2k+

Like I said before, once the road around Marina Bay area are realign Marina One site will become the heart of the new CBD. This is a very rare site, and justifiable to be sold at premium. Whether buyer makes money after that, its not really relevant to those who can afford it.

sunboy77
18-02-14, 13:05
Agreed with R33's comparison of Marina Bay vs Tanjong Pagar. Both are not on the same rung of the ladder.

Learner
18-02-14, 18:56
My guess is psf starting 2500-2600 for the MMs. From following latest v on Shenton transactions, much higher premiums hard to justify, given the relatively near proximity.

V ON SHENTON SHENTON WAY Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2011 1 1,542,000 721 Strata 06 to 10 2,138 Feb-14
V ON SHENTON SHENTON WAY Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2011 1 1,157,000 484 Strata 06 to 10 2,389 Jan-14
V ON SHENTON SHENTON WAY Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2011 1 3,208,800 1,528 Strata 46 to 50 2,099 Jan-14
V ON SHENTON SHENTON WAY Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2011 1 2,731,000 1,528 Strata 06 to 10 1,787 Dec-13
V ON SHENTON SHENTON WAY Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2011 1 1,039,000 474 Strata 06 to 10 2,194 Dec-13
V ON SHENTON SHENTON WAY Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2011 1 1,043,000 474 Strata 06 to 10 2,202 Dec-13
V ON SHENTON SHENTON WAY Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2011 1 2,739,000 1,528 Strata 06 to 10 1,792 Nov-13
V ON SHENTON SHENTON WAY Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2011 1 1,172,000 484 Strata 06 to 10 2,420 Nov-13

Ringo33
18-02-14, 19:07
My guess is psf starting 2500-2600 for the MMs. From following latest v on Shenton transactions, much higher premiums hard to justify, given the relatively near proximity.

VOS is a condo, Marina One is a $7b integrate project consisting of 2 grade A commercial office block, retail F&B and residential project with green landscaping and direct access to MRT stations right in the heart of new CBD.

Sure it will have to command a premium over VOS.

sunboy77
18-02-14, 20:00
Haha there is NO MMs for Marina One la.

V ON SHENTON SHENTON WAY Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2011 1 1,542,000 721 Strata 06 to 10 2,138 Feb-14
V ON SHENTON SHENTON WAY Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2011 1 1,157,000 484 Strata 06 to 10 2,389 Jan-14
V ON SHENTON SHENTON WAY Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2011 1 3,208,800 1,528 Strata 46 to 50 2,099 Jan-14
V ON SHENTON SHENTON WAY Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2011 1 2,731,000 1,528 Strata 06 to 10 1,787 Dec-13
V ON SHENTON SHENTON WAY Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2011 1 1,039,000 474 Strata 06 to 10 2,194 Dec-13
V ON SHENTON SHENTON WAY Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2011 1 1,043,000 474 Strata 06 to 10 2,202 Dec-13
V ON SHENTON SHENTON WAY Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2011 1 2,739,000 1,528 Strata 06 to 10 1,792 Nov-13
V ON SHENTON SHENTON WAY Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2011 1 1,172,000 484 Strata 06 to 10 2,420 Nov-13

CCR
18-02-14, 20:54
Von and Clermont is not even close to the prestige and connectivity and the real integrated development concept....

So easily 20 to 30 percent higher than these two development.

If base on duo exp, they say release at 2000 psf, and it indeed re all close at 2000 psf....

So MO let's say it's 2800 psf, it means low floor will be 2300 psf and mid to high floor 3000 psf

Ringo33
06-03-14, 17:56
got this from SSC

the marina one site is huge

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg156/demag_ac/IMG_3070.jpg

Newbie1
06-03-14, 19:31
Haha there is NO MMs for Marina One la.

you mean minimum 600 sqfeet?

If as suggested low floors start 2300pfs, then $1.38m and up

So maybe much cheaper than Clermont which starts around $2m

If that so, there may be a long queue of cheques.

Ringo33
06-03-14, 19:46
$2300psf? No chance lah.

bargain hunter
06-03-14, 21:57
is this also why that part of ECP is no more? ;)

got this from SSC

the marina one site is huge

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg156/demag_ac/IMG_3070.jpg

Ringo33
06-03-14, 22:05
is this also why that part of ECP is no more? ;)

The entire Marina Bay will be transform into grid layout, with Marina One smack right in the middle of it.

Newbie1
03-08-14, 20:20
anyone has any idea when this project will finally be launched, if at all?

previously stated june 2014

kamparboy
03-08-14, 23:41
This truly is the most anticipated development...if launch at right price...the smaller unit like 1 bedder and 2 bedder will be a sell out.

Base on the price in OCR, if launch at $2k to $3k will be a reasonable price base on current market price.

august
03-08-14, 23:49
my guess is small units again, so probably start from 3k.

sunboy77
07-08-14, 23:25
my guess is small units again, so probably start from 3k.
Nope. All will be big units. 1BR is bigger than 600sqft.

Newbie1
08-08-14, 07:59
Nope. All will be big units. 1BR is bigger than 600sqft.

Are pricings out yet?

Based on adverts, some agents list 2.5pfs, lowest quantum around 1.5m for 1 bedder

sunboy77
08-08-14, 11:51
Are pricings out yet?

Based on adverts, some agents list 2.5pfs, lowest quantum around 1.5m for 1 bedder
Haha no pricing yet. But not surprising that 1BR is around that $1.5m because they are all bigger than 600sqft, and let's be realistic: MBS is already doing about $3k psf...

sunboy77
14-08-14, 12:26
Indicatively, averagely at $2,600psf.
Floorplans coming soon too.

Feel free to call me at 96882200 for more info.

sunboy77
15-08-14, 19:02
Like I have mentioned earlier, no MM units.
The smallest 1BR units are bigger than 600 sqft.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/jeje008/25_zps363a2c6f.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeje008/media/25_zps363a2c6f.png.html)

sunboy77
15-08-14, 19:08
2BR unit gets private lift lobby!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/jeje008/25-2_zps546eadf2.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeje008/media/25-2_zps546eadf2.png.html)

sunboy77
15-08-14, 19:13
Anyone would like me to sign him in?
See-see only. Don't have to buy one. Haha. :D
Call/SMS Jonathan 96882200

sunboy77
15-08-14, 19:20
More pics and info here at Marina One - Jonathan Pan 96882200 (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a7m18qz8aeex6af/AAB6DhTVq_I1axxgj_HRy7-Qa)

sunboy77
15-08-14, 19:24
Construction progress:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/jeje008/20140810_121052_zps8c166001.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeje008/media/20140810_121052_zps8c166001.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/jeje008/20140810_120155_zpsdf528cf7.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeje008/media/20140810_120155_zpsdf528cf7.jpg.html)

sunboy77
15-08-14, 19:51
Cross-sectional concepts:
(Credits: M+S Pte Ltd)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/jeje008/22_zpsb478558d.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeje008/media/22_zpsb478558d.png.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/jeje008/20_zps01bcebee.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeje008/media/20_zps01bcebee.png.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/jeje008/19_zps70bbb07d.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeje008/media/19_zps70bbb07d.png.html)

Ringo33
02-09-14, 23:38
Project details are out. Include floor plan site plan etc.

http://marinaone.com.sg/

Maxim1
03-09-14, 02:10
Project details are out. Include floor plan site plan etc.

http://marinaone.com.sg/

Fantastic website and looks exciting, but why is the 99 year leasehold calculated from 2011, by the time it TOP in 2018 the buyer would have been already 7 years down on his lease?

Ringo33
03-09-14, 10:42
Fantastic website and looks exciting, but why is the 99 year leasehold calculated from 2011, by the time it TOP in 2018 the buyer would have been already 7 years down on his lease?

That's something which you have to deal with for.mega project like. I think south beach and tanjong pagar mixed development project is the same

sherlock
06-09-14, 12:04
Read in the papers today that this devt is a FH project?

sunboy77
07-09-14, 19:43
Read in the papers today that this devt is a FH project?

Yup saw that too. Papers definitely have quoted wrongly.

Liam_Wang
10-09-14, 19:46
Marina One Residences situated in a prime location beside of Marina Bay, It is a superb condo for living and commercial activity, the residences are broad and luxurious and have all the great facilities to live healthy and prosperous. Sell price just only $2,600 psf.

Ringo33
10-09-14, 19:55
99 years wef 1 July 2011.

FH perhaps to M&S

sherlock
10-09-14, 21:43
99 years wef 1 July 2011.

FH perhaps to M&S

I think you are right

Liam_Wang
11-09-14, 13:25
I induce a question to you, is it only for sell nobody can rent it?

DC33_2008
11-09-14, 16:40
Anyone attending the VVIP preview on this Sat (13 Sept)?

Arcachon
11-09-14, 21:51
I induce a question to you, is it only for sell nobody can rent it?

Yes, you can rent when they cannot sell all the unit, if they sell all then the buyer who chose to rent out.

CCR
13-09-14, 10:52
Guys how well u think this project will Sell? They only release one block only so about 500 units? How many units will be Sold? Will it be as hot as Duo?

DC33_2008
13-09-14, 11:36
Quantum is higher here given larger size and $psf. TDSR will restrict buyer's interest. Hopefully, F1 will help them to close some sales.

bullman
13-09-14, 13:16
As mentioned earlier in the year, the 1BR Psf range is only $2200 to $2500 Psf. It's a good price point.

DC33_2008
13-09-14, 16:01
The rental yield in this area will be squeezed with so many new developments in the next couple of years.

CCR
17-09-14, 10:55
I went down to visit the showflat too... does anyone think that the residential units will be too close to the office for those stack facing inwards?

triproton
24-09-14, 08:32
I went down to visit the showflat too... does anyone think that the residential units will be too close to the office for those stack facing inwards?

I went to the showflat. I agree that the residential units facing inwards (all 1 bedders except for one 2 bedder) will be facing the office block. As the office block is far taller than the residential block, all units will be blocked and will be quite dark. However, given the park in the middle, I think the distance between the blocks will not be too bad. I think it is like at least 100m or so. This is better than most condos nowadays.

I was quite impressed with the lay out of the units. No bay windows and no home shelter. The units are good size and not MM like in anyway whatsover - even the 1 bedders are good size. Most of the 2 bedders are more than 1000 sq ft +. So the quantum will not be small considering the average psf is 2600 psf. Another plus points are the connectivity to the MRT stations. There will be underground connection with 3 MRT stations - Marina Bay, Downtown and Shenton Way serving about 5 lines. Very difficult to be better than that. In the future, there will be an underground walkway to MBS and Gardens by the Bay in addition to the current walkway to Raffles Place. There are 2 parks next to Marina One - Marina Square Station and Linear Park in addition to the park in the middle of the development. So, I think Marina One will feel more "green" and more residential like compared to Marina Bay Residence or Marina Bay Suites which are very concretey and office like. The Developer for this project is essentially the Malaysian and Singaporean GOvernments, so you can get any bluer chip than that.

Drawbacks? It's 99 years leasehold, but everything there is 99 years leasehold. There will be no views to speak of as the whole area will be built up. I feel that the Marina area is still very business like and lacks the residential feel compared to expat favourites of District 9 and 10, ie River Valley, Tanglin, Paterson etc. But I think things will change over time with Marina as it slowly adopts a residential feel as it is pretty clear that the Government has big plans for this area. Hopefully, by 2018, when Marina One is TOPed, things would have improved.

I'm seriously considering a 2 bedder at Marina One. I would be interested in anybody has a opinion about Marina One, positive or negative.

august
24-09-14, 11:34
I went to the showflat. I agree that the residential units facing inwards (all 1 bedders except for one 2 bedder) will be facing the office block. As the office block is far taller than the residential block, all units will be blocked and will be quite dark. However, given the park in the middle, I think the distance between the blocks will not be too bad. I think it is like at least 100m or so. This is better than most condos nowadays.

I was quite impressed with the lay out of the units. No bay windows and no home shelter. The units are good size and not MM like in anyway whatsover - even the 1 bedders are good size. Most of the 2 bedders are more than 1000 sq ft +. So the quantum will not be small considering the average psf is 2600 psf. Another plus points are the connectivity to the MRT stations. There will be underground connection with 3 MRT stations - Marina Bay, Downtown and Shenton Way serving about 5 lines. Very difficult to be better than that. In the future, there will be an underground walkway to MBS and Gardens by the Bay in addition to the current walkway to Raffles Place. There are 2 parks next to Marina One - Marina Square Station and Linear Park in addition to the park in the middle of the development. So, I think Marina One will feel more "green" and more residential like compared to Marina Bay Residence or Marina Bay Suites which are very concretey and office like. The Developer for this project is essentially the Malaysian and Singaporean GOvernments, so you can get any bluer chip than that.

Drawbacks? It's 99 years leasehold, but everything there is 99 years leasehold. There will be no views to speak of as the whole area will be built up. I feel that the Marina area is still very business like and lacks the residential feel compared to expat favourites of District 9 and 10, ie River Valley, Tanglin, Paterson etc. But I think things will change over time with Marina as it slowly adopts a residential feel as it is pretty clear that the Government has big plans for this area. Hopefully, by 2018, when Marina One is TOPed, things would have improved.

I'm seriously considering a 2 bedder at Marina One. I would be interested in anybody has a opinion about Marina One, positive or negative.

Yes, all decent sized units which is the way things should be.
The only slight negative is the residential blocks are designed for only 34 storeys. Not tall enough i feel.
Also 1000 units reminds me of Sail. Lesser units, around 400 to 600, would be more exclusive and ideal.

99 leasehold is not an issue for this area, and true there may not be much of a view in future. But that will be a long time down the road, 10 to 15 years later at least.
an investment for the long term this is.

Maxim1
25-09-14, 02:14

Agree with you on all your observations. At 2600 psf however I personally prefer the existing resales at Orchard.

Reasons:
1. Future supply in marina bay area is unknown.
2. Freehold at Orchard or D9/10 is more scarce in an over-supplied leasehold market. Also the lease of Marina One has started running from 2011, by the time its built you are already down 8 years.
3. There is a risk of buying new - you never know what you get. And this is way too expensive to make a mistake.
4. If you are looking for investment, better buy a resale now with an existing lease (rather than hope to find a tenant in future which is increasingly difficult... look at the number of units for rent at Altez). And the tenants may prefer more laid back residential areas.
5. The amenities (shops mrt offices etc) are open to the public. OK I understand that these amenities are precisely the reason why the project is supposed to be appealing but having people walking around downstairs of my condo just doesn't feel exclusive. Not sure too about noise/pollution.

Don't get me wrong. This project has lots of things going for it, but at 2600 psf I feel a condo needs to be "perfect" and this isn't for the above reasons.

triproton
25-09-14, 09:27
Agree with you on all your observations. At 2600 psf however I personally prefer the existing resales at Orchard.

Reasons:
1. Future supply in marina bay area is unknown.
2. Freehold at Orchard or D9/10 is more scarce in an over-supplied leasehold market. Also the lease of Marina One has started running from 2011, by the time its built you are already down 8 years.
3. There is a risk of buying new - you never know what you get. And this is way too expensive to make a mistake.
4. If you are looking for investment, better buy a resale now with an existing lease (rather than hope to find a tenant in future which is increasingly difficult... look at the number of units for rent at Altez). And the tenants may prefer more laid back residential areas.
5. The amenities (shops mrt offices etc) are open to the public. OK I understand that these amenities are precisely the reason why the project is supposed to be appealing but having people walking around downstairs of my condo just doesn't feel exclusive. Not sure too about noise/pollution.

Don't get me wrong. This project has lots of things going for it, but at 2600 psf I feel a condo needs to be "perfect" and this isn't for the above reasons.

Good observations! I don't disagree with your points.

The 2600 psf quoted in the press is not really accurate. Only the very high floors are around 2600 psf. The lower and mid floors can be as low as 2100 psf. There is also an early bird discount, quantum of which is not annouced, which will lower the price further. So, I think the 2600 psf is a hyped up number so that the EBD discount will seem very attractive. So, assuming a price point of 2000 to 2100 psf does your view change on the investment potential of Marina One?

VAR
25-09-14, 12:54

The 2600 psf quoted in the press is not really accurate. Only the very high floors are around 2600 psf. The lower and mid floors can be as low as 2100 psf. There is also an early bird discount, quantum of which is not annouced, which will lower the price further. So, I think the 2600 psf is a hyped up number so that the EBD discount will seem very attractive. So, assuming a price point of 2000 to 2100 psf does your view change on the investment potential of Marina One?

Should be more expensive than Duo Residence, right? The mid floor(20 floor onwards) for the 1 bedder is already like 2200 psf.

CCR
25-09-14, 20:28
So which is better duo or marina since both by MS

smellyfish
25-09-14, 21:06
i don't think the two are comparable. it's like comparing a BMW with a ferrari. yes, Duo is a very good product, but MO is a class of its own. it's literally at the heart of the future downtown of SG.

triproton
25-09-14, 22:11
i don't think the two are comparable. it's like comparing a BMW with a ferrari. yes, Duo is a very good product, but MO is a class of its own. it's literally at the heart of the future downtown of SG.

I agree. MO is in the heart of the financial centre and walking distance via underground walkway to most of the key offices in the Marina and Raffles Place area - it is truly at the core of CCR, and a major plus point is the 2 parks next door (Linear and Marina Square Station) and the nearby Gardens by the Bay which will be connected via underground walkway in the future. Whereas Duo is at the city fringe, not many key offices within walking distance and no parks. MO has direct access to 3 MRT stations whereas Duo has only one. Given that MO is not that much more expensive than Duo, MO does look inviting..

CCR
25-09-14, 23:22
I went to ura city gallery, MO is so cramp and close to other future buildings, it's so dense.... duo has two mrt station and 3 lines

Maxim1
25-09-14, 23:53

If it is 2000 psf then yes it looks like a good deal when compared to the price of Duo. But I am just worried about rental prospects due to oversupply in the CBD. Look at Marina Bay Suites - there have been quite a number of rental contracts for 1600 sq ft 3-bedders at only 6-7k+ per month this year. That is low rental yield considering these units are all ~$4m.

If MB Suites big 3-bedder only fetches 6-7k, how much rental yield can one expect for a 2-bedder Marina One?

I am 101% sure that many Orchard properties fetch higher rental yield than that. Ok rental yield is not everything, so you have to hope for capital gains. At 2000-2100 psf it is a good deal but even at that price point for me I still rather shop around for Orchard/D9 resales which are a safer bet for all the reasons mentioned (freehold, limited supply, can start collecting rent from existing tenant etc...).

Singleton
26-09-14, 08:39
If it is 2000 psf then yes it looks like a good deal when compared to the price of Duo. But I am just worried about rental prospects due to oversupply in the CBD. Look at Marina Bay Suites - there have been quite a number of rental contracts for 1600 sq ft 3-bedders at only 6-7k+ per month this year. That is low rental yield considering these units are all ~$4m.

If MB Suites big 3-bedder only fetches 6-7k, how much rental yield can one expect for a 2-bedder Marina One?

I am 101% sure that many Orchard properties fetch higher rental yield than that. Ok rental yield is not everything, so you have to hope for capital gains. At 2000-2100 psf it is a good deal but even at that price point for me I still rather shop around for Orchard/D9 resales which are a safer bet for all the reasons mentioned (freehold, limited supply, can start collecting rent from existing tenant etc...).

Those with deep pockets, MO is a prize collection albeit a not so exclusive one. location wise, MO is better than DUO, few would argue against that. Orchard vs MO, each has its strengths and depends on individual preference.

For smaller investors, and in current climate the quantum is more important than pfs. For 1 bedder if MO sells for 1.2m, then it is a better buy for the same quantum than DUO and surrounding condos. If it sells for 1.4-1.5m, then those who bought Duo at 1.1-1.2m, V shenton, Altez and skysuites at 1m in the vicinity may have gotten themselves a better deal.

For own stay, how many locals with families would prefer to stay in marina area?

DC33_2008
26-09-14, 10:33
Walked past Marina Bay Suite last night. It seems to be much better than One Marina. Are they comparable in pricing?
Those with deep pockets, MO is a prize collection albeit a not so exclusive one. location wise, MO is better than DUO, few would argue against that. Orchard vs MO, each has its strengths and depends on individual preference.

For smaller investors, and in current climate the quantum is more important than pfs. For 1 bedder if MO sells for 1.2m, then it is a better buy for the same quantum than DUO and surrounding condos. If it sells for 1.4-1.5m, then those who bought Duo at 1.1-1.2m, V shenton, Altez and skysuites at 1m in the vicinity may have gotten themselves a better deal.

For own stay, how many locals with families would prefer to stay in marina area?

bargain hunter
26-09-14, 11:23
at this point in time, expats with families would rather stay in D9 and 10 for 3 and 4 bedders instead of CBD 3 and 4 bedders.

bargain hunter
26-09-14, 11:26
marina bay suites are all large 3 and 4 bedders. can't really compare the two. even if same psf, quantum required for MBS is much more. the bulk of marina one units are not 3 and 4 bedders right?

Walked past Marina Bay Suite last night. It seems to be much better than One Marina. Are they comparable in pricing?

DC33_2008
26-09-14, 16:29
Expats alone or couple will usually prefer Marina Area (D1) instead of D9 and D10. This is based on my previous and existing tenants feedback and their friends too at my D1 condo. They prefer to walk to work and enjoy the amenities in that area. Hence, 1-2 bedder for investment in D1 is a better bet. Just my own experience.
at this point in time, expats with families would rather stay in D9 and 10 for 3 and 4 bedders instead of CBD 3 and 4 bedders.

bargain hunter
26-09-14, 21:10
most definitely agree with this. and all season investors should understand this? not sure what was with the hype for 3 and 4 bedders in D1 in the past decade. seriously trophy assets to leave empty.

Expats alone or couple will usually prefer Marina Area (D1) instead of D9 and D10. This is based on my previous and existing tenants feedback and their friends too at my D1 condo. They prefer to walk to work and enjoy the amenities in that area. Hence, 1-2 bedder for investment in D1 is a better bet. Just my own experience.

DC33_2008
26-09-14, 22:27
The larger units in D1 will move when Absd is lifted otherwise foreign investors will not move in. If you look at US market now, lots of money are buying US dollar in view of the raising of interest rate in 2nd quarter of 2015.
most definitely agree with this. and all season investors should understand this? not sure what was with the hype for 3 and 4 bedders in D1 in the past decade. seriously trophy assets to leave empty.

sunboy77
30-09-14, 12:48
How to buy Marina One 1BRs and 2BRs at just $2,0xx psf or even lower?

It can be done, but with some urgency. Call me at 96882200 now! :)

mintee
02-10-14, 20:09
Can't help but compare the difference between the hype when Duo Residences was launched for VVIP vs Marina One now... the Duo thread was so happening then vs this thread is sooooo quiet even after 2-3 weeks of preview... does it reflect the impact of CM sinking in, or that the category of buyers interested in a Marina One type project is not the type that visit such forums? Any thoughts?

CCR
02-10-14, 22:05
Marina one too cramp, and no views, plus pricing is not super cheap like DUO n that's why quiet

panamera
03-10-14, 00:33
For me, I don't like the design, compared with Duo which I find much more interesting

august
03-10-14, 02:06
I find the layout is better than Duo.

CCR
03-10-14, 05:34
Can you share more why you think the layout is better than Duo? For how many Bedrooms?

teddybear
03-10-14, 08:57
Yes you are right, and the Orchard properties are mostly FreeHold as well, vs 99 years Leasehold properties in Marina Bay.........

The norm is that 99 years LH properties will have higher rental yield because they only have short-term (99 years) rental income (vs Freeholdd rental of FOREVER!). If you do a discounted cash flow (as all businessmen would when appraising investment potentials), you would know which is more worth it over the long-run even if your FH property's rental yield is lower, and I have not even touched on the property price appreciation part over the long-term........................ (while 99 years leasehold properties has a LONG-TERM capital value of ZERO at the end of 99 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

DC33_2008
03-10-14, 12:16
Wow! Singapore has 151,000 millionaires. Should not be a problem with the initial sale of 200 units at One Marina.

Millionaire Hub
Singapore’s dollar was at $1.2722 at 3 p.m. yesterday local time, stronger than its five-year average of $1.2823. The currency’s three-month implied volatility was at 4.56 percent at the end of September, the lowest among Southeast Asia’s biggest economies, data compiled by Bloomberg show.

The island has 151,000 millionaires, or 2.8 percent of its population, according to a survey by London-based Spear’s magazine and consultancy WealthInsight. It ranks eighth globally behind cities including Monaco, London and New York.

august
03-10-14, 13:06
Can you share more why you think the layout is better than Duo? For how many Bedrooms?

I prefer squarish layouts. Then again personal preference.

smellyfish
03-10-14, 13:59
just came back from the showflat. very livable apts, at a right size for professionals. after 10% discount about $1.5 thereabouts for low to mid floor 1-bedders. pricing about 2300++psf onwards before 10% discount. they are releasing only 1 residential tower.

Allthepies
03-10-14, 15:23
After 10% discount, looks like a good deal.

DC33_2008
03-10-14, 16:58
How to compete with so many units for rental when most of them are investors? What kind of rental yield?

sunboy77
06-10-14, 01:37
Marina One is still in the midst of selling to multiple-units (at least 3 units) purchasers. Over the last 3 days, more than 110 units - fair share of 1BR and 2BR units - were snapped up by these buyers. Multiple-units cheques are coming in even at this hour (1.30am), therefore the numbers will likely increase over the next 2 days.

Wednesday 8 Oct: A much larger group of 2-units purchasers (already submitted EOI) will start buying.

Friday 10 Oct: Single unit purchasers (already submitted EOI) will start.

Sales gallery is closed today (Monday) and tomorrow (Tuesday).

Bottom line: response is superb. Just superb.

minority
06-10-14, 09:31
just came back from the showflat. very livable apts, at a right size for professionals. after 10% discount about $1.5 thereabouts for low to mid floor 1-bedders. pricing about 2300++psf onwards before 10% discount. they are releasing only 1 residential tower.

1.5 for a one bedder. I how much would one expert for RENTAL? I coz I will expect abt 5 k yo break even per my. I and plus iinterest rates increase. 6k?

Newbie1
06-10-14, 09:49
Marina One is still in the midst of selling to multiple-units (at least 3 units) purchasers. Over the last 3 days, more than 110 units - fair share of 1BR and 2BR units - were snapped up by these buyers. Multiple-units cheques are coming in even at this hour (1.30am), therefore the numbers will likely increase over the next 2 days.

Wednesday 8 Oct: A much larger group of 2-units purchasers (already submitted EOI) will start buying.

Thanks Sunboy. Nice update

Prices after discount as quoted in the press ($1900-$3000)?

Think pricing for 1 to 2 bedder very reasonable. $1.4m for 1 bedder similar to current range of $1.2-1.6m at Sail.
The main difference is that all the 1 bedders face internally

From the look of it, there won't be any cheaper 1-2 bedders left for single unit purchasers come Friday.

Would guess there is a high percentage of foreign buyers despite ABSD

Good pricing, unbeatable location, excellent finishing & layout = superb sales

Hope you huat from this launch

mintee
06-10-14, 11:43

Wow Sunboy, you are working hard into midnight! Thanks for the updates and keep them coming!
Based on what you are seeing on the ground, I can now answer my earlier question.. the general profile of buyers for this project do not participate much in forums ... hence the lackluster discussion in this thread (compared to Duo) despite the superb sales! :rugby:

DC33_2008
07-10-14, 09:56
You should read the an article featuring MarinaOne project in the recent Singapore Edge magazine. One prospective buyer said that he will be going on holiday soon and wentdown to the showflat to pick up 1 to 2 units before they go away.He should be in the top 2.8%or one of the 151,000 millionaires in Singapore.

dtrax
07-10-14, 17:08
DISCOUNTS for early-bird buyers helped sales take flight at the Marina One integrated development over the weekend.

Of the 1,042 private homes in the project, about 100 have been sold in bulk sales of three or more units since Friday, said real estate agents yesterday.

Developer M+S enticed early buyers with a 10 per cent discount, bringing prices down to between $1,960 and $3,100 per sq ft (psf).

It said last week that it would initially sell units from the first residential block at the Marina Bay development. The second block will be released only after the project is completed in 2017.

Sales to people wanting two apartments are expected to begin tomorrow, while single-unit buyers will have to wait until Friday.

Ringo33
07-10-14, 20:47
Huat ah.

dtrax
07-10-14, 20:57
1.39X mil cheapest based on the price list but likely multi units owners will grab them. The smaller 2rms at the corner stack seems to be the hottest in terms of quantum and size. Saw a few groups of what looks to be like rich indon tai tais there. Overall pretty impressive showflat, eben got artas kopi :)

teddybear
07-10-14, 21:06
Got ABSD refund is it?

DISCOUNTS for early-bird buyers helped sales take flight at the Marina One integrated development over the weekend.

Of the 1,042 private homes in the project, about 100 have been sold in bulk sales of three or more units since Friday, said real estate agents yesterday.

Developer M+S enticed early buyers with a 10 per cent discount, bringing prices down to between $1,960 and $3,100 per sq ft (psf).

It said last week that it would initially sell units from the first residential block at the Marina Bay development. The second block will be released only after the project is completed in 2017.

Sales to people wanting two apartments are expected to begin tomorrow, while single-unit buyers will have to wait until Friday.

dtrax
07-10-14, 21:21
not that I am aware of

mosaic
07-10-14, 21:47
got too much money dunno where to park is ok. for investment? lol......

Singleton
07-10-14, 22:27
1.39X mil cheapest based on the price list but likely multi units owners will grab them. The smaller 2rms at the corner stack seems to be the hottest in terms of quantum and size. Saw a few groups of what looks to be like rich indon tai tais there. Overall pretty impressive showflat, eben got artas kopi :)

Agree atas kopi and also nice tarts

for 1 roomers, stacks 11-13 best facing less discounts.

Come Friday, unlikely many good deals left for single unit purchasers unless more units are released.

Generally very reasonable priced units (based on pfs) for the 1-2 roomers

mid to long term investment for those with $$$$

henryhk
08-10-14, 09:03
Agree atas kopi and also nice tarts

for 1 roomers, stacks 11-13 best facing less discounts.

Come Friday, unlikely many good deals left for single unit purchasers unless more units are released.

Generally very reasonable priced units (based on pfs) for the 1-2 roomers

mid to long term investment for those with $$$$
Tis is for foreigners to play their game, locals usually stay out😄

smellyfish
08-10-14, 09:49
best thing is developer can slowly release the units. can start selling block 2 at TOP, no 5 yr rule at all. No land cost too.

the location is really one of a kind, and the units are good in terms of layout and fittings. too bad cannot formally rent out as service apts to maximize returns.

Ringo33
08-10-14, 12:41
best thing is developer can slowly release the units. can start selling block 2 at TOP, no 5 yr rule at all. No land cost too.

the location is really one of a kind, and the units are good in terms of layout and fittings. too bad cannot formally rent out as service apts to maximize returns.

Will the residential tower be managed by landlord of the commercial tower?

sunboy77
08-10-14, 13:05
The 2-units purchases started today with 133 units already struck off by the multiple-units purchasers since last Friday.

Just 2 hours into the 2-units purchases today, we are only left with:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/jeje008/081020141300hrs_zps11b96546.jpeg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeje008/media/081020141300hrs_zps11b96546.jpeg.html)

The 2BR Stack 14 is the first stack to run out! :applouse:

The single-unit purchaser must be very, very lucky to buy anything in this first release, if any units left at all on Friday.

princess_morbucks
08-10-14, 14:08
http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property/singapore-property-news/early-bird-discounts-lift-marina-one-sales/a/183486#.VDSnwqR0drM.facebook

Sales to people wanting two apartments are expected to begin tomorrow (8 oct), while single-unit buyers will have to wait until Friday.

dtrax
08-10-14, 14:27
The 2-units purchases started today with 133 units already struck off by the multiple-units purchasers since last Friday.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/jeje008/081020141300hrs_zps11b96546.jpeg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeje008/media/081020141300hrs_zps11b96546.jpeg.html)

The single-unit purchaser must be very, very lucky to buy anything in this first release, if any units left at all on Friday.

I SCREAM ICE-CREAM!

august
08-10-14, 14:36
Yet another vote of confidence for Marina Bay developments.

Ringo33
08-10-14, 15:11
As I have said last year, this project can buy. Many potential buyers has been waiting for this till neck long.

Ringo33
08-10-14, 15:23
Are there many property agent buying this project?

mintee
08-10-14, 20:15

Wow... impressive. How abt the 3BR and 4BR?
Also, I thought this project is higher than 25 floors? Did M+S not release the top few floors?

newbie11
08-10-14, 23:25
Are there many property agent buying this project?

Don't think so ba.. Tdsr can pass meh

sunboy77
09-10-14, 12:41
Yup. Property agents nowadays very poor... :(

bargain hunter
09-10-14, 13:17
bro, so total how many sold liao?

Yup. Property agents nowadays very poor... :(

Newbie1
09-10-14, 17:29
bro, so total how many sold liao?

15% left for single unit balloting tomorrow.

From pptyguru

Due to high interest, some 242 units at Marina One Residences were released to local and foreign buyers during its preview phase, up from the 150 to 200 apartments that were initially made available.

More than 85 percent have been sold to multi-unit purchasers who were given priority to book units. They include buyers of two or more units at the massive 1,042-unit condominium at Marina Bay.

Buyers comprise Singaporeans, Malaysians and other nationalities.

Meanwhile, balloting begins tomorrow for single-unit purchasers who submitted cheques in recent days.

Developed by M+S, the 99-year leasehold condominium forms part of the Marina One integrated development and consists of one- to four-bedrooms and penthouses. The largest penthouse unit reportedly measures 9,000 sq ft.

PropertyGuru had earlier reported that initial prices are in the range of $1,960 to $3,100 psf.

Responding, M+S COO Kemmy Tan said: “The strong response underscores Marina One as a choice development for investors and owner-occupiers alike, given its vibrant location, quality and scale of its integrated concept, its seamless connectivity to four MRT lines as well as the various lifestyle offerings at Gardens by the Bay, Waterfront Promenade, Marina Bay Sands and the Marina Bay area.”

The showflat will officially open to the public from this Saturday onwards and buyers can look forward to a new release of units.

Marina One Residences is expected to obtain TOP in 2017.

Meanwhile, DUO Residences, another iconic project by M+S in the Ophir-Rochor area, has seen significant sales since its launch last November, with 619 of the total 660 units already sold.

bargain hunter
09-10-14, 18:09
thanks for update. bro sunboy must be busy huat-ing so no time to reply. :congratulatory:

15% left for single unit balloting tomorrow.

From pptyguru

Due to high interest, some 242 units at Marina One Residences were released to local and foreign buyers during its preview phase, up from the 150 to 200 apartments that were initially made available.

More than 85 percent have been sold to multi-unit purchasers who were given priority to book units. They include buyers of two or more units at the massive 1,042-unit condominium at Marina Bay.

Buyers comprise Singaporeans, Malaysians and other nationalities.

Meanwhile, balloting begins tomorrow for single-unit purchasers who submitted cheques in recent days.

Developed by M+S, the 99-year leasehold condominium forms part of the Marina One integrated development and consists of one- to four-bedrooms and penthouses. The largest penthouse unit reportedly measures 9,000 sq ft.

PropertyGuru had earlier reported that initial prices are in the range of $1,960 to $3,100 psf.

Responding, M+S COO Kemmy Tan said: “The strong response underscores Marina One as a choice development for investors and owner-occupiers alike, given its vibrant location, quality and scale of its integrated concept, its seamless connectivity to four MRT lines as well as the various lifestyle offerings at Gardens by the Bay, Waterfront Promenade, Marina Bay Sands and the Marina Bay area.”

The showflat will officially open to the public from this Saturday onwards and buyers can look forward to a new release of units.

Marina One Residences is expected to obtain TOP in 2017.

Meanwhile, DUO Residences, another iconic project by M+S in the Ophir-Rochor area, has seen significant sales since its launch last November, with 619 of the total 660 units already sold.

sunboy77
10-10-14, 19:48
Haha sorry. Too busy to update.
Not enough to sell, that's why the developer released 2 more stacks of 2BRs.
This is the result at 5pm. Still got chance to buy! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/jeje008/IMG-20141010-WA0056_zps0ed3c415.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeje008/media/IMG-20141010-WA0056_zps0ed3c415.jpg.html)

dtrax
10-10-14, 21:35
Haha sorry. Too busy to update.
Not enough to sell, that's why the developer released 2 more stacks of 2BRs.
This is the result at 5pm. Still got chance to buy! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/jeje008/IMG-20141010-WA0056_zps0ed3c415.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeje008/media/IMG-20141010-WA0056_zps0ed3c415.jpg.html)

investors finally buay tong? Die die must hoot something?

Ringo33
10-10-14, 21:39
investors finally buay tong? Die die must hoot something?

There should be some spill over effect benefiting V Shenton.

DC33_2008
10-10-14, 22:03
Doubt the impact on V shenton as they are of different class. Just look at the ambience and design.

princess_morbucks
11-10-14, 00:00
The Business Times retweeted
Kalpana Rashiwala ‏@KalpanaBT 11m11 minutes ago

Marina One Residences sales cross 300 units as at end-Friday #SingaporeProperty Photo of balloting on Friday Oct 10

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzmMG8_CcAEYfsi.jpg

onglai
11-10-14, 10:44
The Business Times retweeted
Kalpana Rashiwala ‏@KalpanaBT 11m11 minutes ago

Marina One Residences sales cross 300 units as at end-Friday #SingaporeProperty Photo of balloting on Friday Oct 10

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzmMG8_CcAEYfsi.jpg

wah like dat how to remove the absd.....

DC33_2008
11-10-14, 14:12
Not many to choose from today during the public viewing. it is left with either too large (high quantum) or not too good units .
wah like dat how to remove the absd.....

Ringo33
11-10-14, 15:06
Not many to choose from today during the public viewing. it is left with either too large (high quantum) or not too good units .

thats the reason why I say the V on Shenton will get the spill over effect.

princess_morbucks
11-10-14, 22:33
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/marina-one-residences/1410012.html?cid=TWTCNA&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Marina One Residences launch sees lukewarm response

august
11-10-14, 22:34
Sales starting to tank, lol.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/marina-one-residences/1410012.html

SINGAPORE: Luxury project Marina One Residences opened its doors to the public on Saturday (Oct 11) but saw a lukewarm response, with only 20 units sold. Its developer had cleared 300 units in the past week during private sales.

mintee
12-10-14, 10:16
20 units sold without early bird discount? If so, I would think that is very good response given the residual are the non-choice units (quantum/facing wise).

That aside, I personally think the 3/4 bedders are going to collect dust for a long time till ABSD is loosened for foreigners. If even the richest who can afford hardly bought any of the 3/4br during the multi unit purchases... who is going to buy?

Amber Woods
12-10-14, 10:17
SINGAPORE: Luxury project Marina One Residences opened its doors to the public on Saturday (Oct 11) but saw a lukewarm response, with only 20 units sold. Its developer had cleared 300 units in the past week during private sales.

One analyst described the sales as "commendable" for the current market, but said prices - which now range from S$1,960 to S$3,100 psf - might need to be lowered to further boost demand.

Ku Swee Yong, CEO of Century 21 Singapore, said: "The current competition of the unsold units along the Shenton Way stretch, up to Tanjong Pagar, as well as future Government Land Sales of parcels around Marina One would affect investment sentiments in the project." Mr Ku said units from older projects nearby are going at competitive prices, averaging about S$2,000 to S$2,500 psf.

sunboy77
12-10-14, 12:24
CNA is a joker. Lukewarm response??
Nothing much left to sell on Saturday, so of course sell very little la!

DC33_2008
12-10-14, 14:30
That is the problem with journalist who does not do research. Number does not tell anything without the context. Wonder what is the editor doing.

bargain hunter
12-10-14, 15:48
when will they release more units? 320 sold. why don't they release up to 500 units so that they can sell more?

DC33_2008
12-10-14, 15:51
They have probably close to break even. The remaining units will be for profit.
when will they release more units? 320 sold. why don't they release up to 500 units so that they can sell more?

el loco
12-10-14, 16:17
Nothing left to sell or no ppl buying...if there is a long queue, developer can easily release more stacks to sell esp in this market

DC33_2008
12-10-14, 16:52
Some projects will qualify their prospective buyers. Southbeach will be one of them.

smellyfish
12-10-14, 17:44
The land is free and none of the selling deadlines apply to them. Two sovereign funds between two uneasy neighbors collaborating. Usual economics do not apply.

And yes, the report is dumb. failing to understnsd that multiple unit buyers are also public buyers is unforgivable for a reporter

Amber Woods
12-10-14, 18:51
"SINGAPORE: Luxury project Marina One Residences opened its doors to the public on Saturday (Oct 11) but saw a lukewarm response, with only 20 units sold. Its developer had cleared 300 units in the past week during private sales."

During a private preview, buyers most of the time are being put through various undue stress / pressure to buy. Hence, during a preview, if the marketing agencies get their marketing mix right, the sales can be encouraging like in this case. The real test given current market condition is the public launch. This is where we can have a better feel how the public's reception and perception of the development.

For a development with more than 1000 units, only 20 units were sold during the public launch cannot be viewed as good. We all know that if there were real buyers wanting to buy, the developer would be more than willing to release more units for sale during the public launch.

The reporter was merely reporting facts and obviously he/she wasn't impressed with the public launch. It is up to us to interpret if the sale has been good this far.

smellyfish
12-10-14, 20:57
there is no so called private preview. there is only one very public launch but those buying more than 1 units get to choose first and those buying only 1 unit get to choose second. and those buying more than 1 unit bought all the good units, such that there is nothing much left for the 1 unit buyer. if you can afford 3 units, you would be right at the front of the queue. This is a matter of fact, not opinion.

private launch my laughing toes.

Amber Woods
12-10-14, 21:29
These multiple unit buyers would be at the front of the queue and there were just these many buyers who could afford. Call it public launch or official launch or whatever the marketing game is. Isn't this tactic of allowing multiple unit buyers to buy first a form of marketing strategy? It appears to be quite successful in getting commitment from these investors.

So the so call public launch is opened mainly to the public who are likely to buy only one unit for own stay or investment. These are the masses that decide the success of the launch especially so for development with more than 1000 units. The real test is the sale following the launch. We will need to wait and see. Then again the developer may decide not to sell anymore if demand dries up so as not to give the impression that the sale is not doing well. This is yet another form of strategy given the current market condition.

It could well be the case similar to Kallang Riverside. Only the affordable units were snapped up during launch and quiet thereafter.

Newbie1
12-10-14, 22:39
These multiple unit buyers would be at the front of the queue and there were just these many buyers who could afford. Call it public launch or official launch or whatever the marketing game is. Isn't this tactic of allowing multiple unit buyers to buy first a form of marketing strategy? It appears to be quite successful in getting commitment from these investors.

So the so call public launch is opened mainly to the public who are likely to buy only one unit for own stay or investment. These are the masses that decide the success of the launch especially so for development with more than 1000 units. The real test is the sale following the launch. We will need to wait and see. Then again the developer may decide not to sell anymore if demand dries up so as not to give the impression that the sale is not doing well. This is yet another form of strategy given the current market condition.

It could well be the case similar to Kallang Riverside. Only the affordable units were snapped up during launch and quiet thereafter.

Wouldn't it be better for developers to do away with priority queue based on no of units bought and allow everyone an equal chance of balloting at the first go?

This way the crowd will be even bigger.

The richer ones may be better placed to buy the bigger quantum and less favourable units.

J3
12-10-14, 22:54

I think and agreed this is good response, try selling 300 units in today market is not easy, never mind these are 1000 or 2000 units project but to sells 300 units in just days stand right and impressive !

smellyfish
12-10-14, 23:12
It is not exactly Nobel winning strategy to let multiple buyers go first. Jurong fish market works that way too. so do countless launches before MarinaOne. Its just letting your best customers have the best. and even then, there were multiple unit applicants who went away empty handed.

The market is bad, everybody knows. U know, i know, Khazana and Temasek know, the people who can do north of $3m a pop know. And clearly M+S is holding out for better days which they, unlike other developers, can do so without penalty.

anyway, fact = there was no private preview. Fact = anyone could go and express interest in any unit they want. (PS i did : )). Fact = those who express interest for more than one unit were offered units first. Fact = most of those who express interest for one unit would be told days in advance the unit (or whatever alternative choice) they want is gone (Inference = such bidder probably won't bother anymore). Fact = M+Z got more units that they could release to these buyers but they didn't. Fact = they are not run of the mill developers desperate to move any units in this market.

rubbish = Marina one response is lukewarm because 20 units found buyer after the multiple unit buyers already snapped up almost everything on sale.

Allthepies
13-10-14, 07:52
Good one : ). I agree the response was very good.

It is the developer strategy to keep units until TOP when they will simply up their selling prices.

Amber Woods
13-10-14, 08:39
I have to agree that the developers strategy is a good one to give the market the impression that the launch is successful. They are also telling the market that if you do not buy now, you may have to wait till the project obtains its TOP to buy. This give reason for people who want to buy the commitment to buy now.

Between now and TOP, the market is expected to be challenging anyway. So hopefully, by TOP date the market would have recovered.

DC33_2008
13-10-14, 09:00
I thought fish market will usually give special discount in the late morning as they want to close shop and rest.
It is not exactly Nobel winning strategy to let multiple buyers go first. Jurong fish market works that way too. so do countless launches before MarinaOne. Its just letting your best customers have the best. and even then, there were multiple unit applicants who went away empty handed.

The market is bad, everybody knows. U know, i know, Khazana and Temasek know, the people who can do north of $3m a pop know. And clearly M+S is holding out for better days which they, unlike other developers, can do so without penalty.

anyway, fact = there was no private preview. Fact = anyone could go and express interest in any unit they want. (PS i did : )). Fact = those who express interest for more than one unit were offered units first. Fact = most of those who express interest for one unit would be told days in advance the unit (or whatever alternative choice) they want is gone (Inference = such bidder probably won't bother anymore). Fact = M+Z got more units that they could release to these buyers but they didn't. Fact = they are not run of the mill developers desperate to move any units in this market.

rubbish = Marina one response is lukewarm because 20 units found buyer after the multiple unit buyers already snapped up almost everything on sale.

triproton
31-10-14, 08:35
Finally took the plunge and exercised the OTP for a 2 bedder unit in Marina One. After weighing the pros and cons, we thought that this will be a good long term investment given the growth plans of Marina Bay. Only time will tell..

kellogs
31-10-14, 08:53
Finally took the plunge and exercised the OTP for a 2 bedder unit in Marina One. After weighing the pros and cons, we thought that this will be a good long term investment given the growth plans of Marina Bay. Only time will tell..

congrats!

How is the layout and unit size?

august
31-10-14, 10:20
Congrats, need to pay any ABSD?

triproton
31-10-14, 10:59
congrats!

How is the layout and unit size?

Very good layout. No bay windows. No home shelter. It's 1,119 square feet facing the future Marina Square Station Park.

triproton
31-10-14, 11:00
Congrats, need to pay any ABSD?

Yes. ABSD was 10% :-(

But the Early Bird Discount was also 10%. So this is consolation.

bargain hunter
31-10-14, 11:14
congrats!

what's the psf like? have not been following marina one closely.

will your caveat reflect the discounted 10% or not? :)

Learner
31-10-14, 12:39
Very good layout. No bay windows. No home shelter. It's 1,119 square feet facing the future Marina Square Station Park.

Congrats triproton

DC33_2008
31-10-14, 13:18
Good size and facing.
Congrats triproton

triproton
31-10-14, 13:35
congrats!

what's the psf like? have not been following marina one closely.

will your caveat reflect the discounted 10% or not? :)

Mine is a mid floor - psf is around $2150 psf. This is the net price (after discount) and is reflected in the SPA and therefore the caveat. The psf range is from 1,950 to 2,800 I think. For some strange reason, the psf for the 3 and 4 bedder is higher.

AssetRichMoneyPoor
31-10-14, 13:36

Congratulations very decent size indeed.

Heard of one multiple-units buyer plunge for >10 units with ABSD! really fat cash cow

kellogs
31-10-14, 14:32
makes me really itchy want to hoot one 2 bedder unit at marina one also hmnmnmnmn

triproton
31-10-14, 15:22
makes me really itchy want to hoot one 2 bedder unit at marina one also hmnmnmnmn

Plenty of 2 bedders left in Stacks 1, 2 and 6. They face west though and will in the future face another building.

A couple of very high floors 2 bedders (around 30th floor) facing the Marina Square Station Park still available, but they are closer to 3m (2700 psf) before discount.

Discount now is 5%.

moneytalk
31-10-14, 16:35
Mine is a mid floor - psf is around $2150 psf. This is the net price (after discount) and is reflected in the SPA and therefore the caveat. The psf range is from 1,950 to 2,800 I think. For some strange reason, the psf for the 3 and 4 bedder is higher.

Congrats Triproton! I think you got a good price.

noside
26-10-15, 14:23

Heard that the other tower of Marina One Residences (http://newlaunch101.com/marina-one-residences/) will only be released upon TOP...