PDA

View Full Version : Singapore property – a look ahead to 2013

Laguna
05-11-12, 20:42
Look like Mr B is gone for good.

Fiscal cliff, EU crisis are still around, more printing is way of life....
perhaps, more cooling measure.

I am of the view that 2013, is still good for property, economy and share market...

interest is still remain low...

Last, wish everyone HUAT

DC33_2008
05-11-12, 20:49
Wish Obama will win. :D

I am of the view that 2013, is still good for property, economy and share market...

Last, wish everyone HUAT

price
05-11-12, 20:56
Wish Obama will win. :D
He won. :) just watch on!

price
05-11-12, 20:59

Last, wish everyone HUAT

more purchases for laguna next year?

BTW, friends in the banks told me, the "Deposit method" for loan to be approved without income may be abolished soon. :(

radha08
05-11-12, 21:04

BTW, friends in the banks told me, the "Deposit method" for loan to be approved without income may be abolished soon. :(

oh meaning u have a fixed deposit of $100k..then u can take out a loan on that..then later u break your fixed deposit and assuming u manage to get loan of $50k based on your fixed deposit amount...now you would have $150k...is that right...so this going to be abolished...or is my understanding wrong..:confused:

Laguna
05-11-12, 21:08

aiyo, U did not read my 2013 resolution
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=15447

I hope I can always one step faster than MAS.

Rysk
05-11-12, 21:29

Last, wish everyone HUAT

TWIST & TURN cum DIVERT ATTENTION EXPERT MR B now hiding in sghouse (below).. Once awhile post some bad news & hoping nobody know he was a KING OF ALL FAILURE in condosg.. now lan lan act blur never mention "spore pty price will down >50% by 2015.."
His last post was on 31-10-2012.. If you wish to ask him whether price will down >50% by 2015 or not.. go & look for him over at sghouse..
Address him as DAVID LIM.. cos nobody know who is MR B.. :D
http://www.sg-house.com/classifieds/buy-and-sell-private-apartment-condominium/1243648-price-decreasing-for-singapore-property-284.html

DKSG
05-11-12, 21:43
TWIST & TURN cum DIVERT ATTENTION EXPERT MR B now hiding in sghouse (below).. Once awhile post some bad news & hoping nobody know he was a KING OF ALL FAILURE in condosg.. now lan lan act blur never mention "spore pty price will down >50% by 2015.."
His last post was on 31-10-2012.. If you wish to ask him whether price will down >50% by 2015 or not.. go & look for him over at sghouse..
Address him as DAVID LIM.. cos nobody know who is MR B.. :D
http://www.sg-house.com/classifieds/buy-and-sell-private-apartment-condominium/1243648-price-decreasing-for-singapore-property-284.html

Can we petition to the moderator to have his embarassing thread here be archived and cannot post anymore ?

DKSG

hyenergix
05-11-12, 21:53
Sg mfg is contracting - quite unusual considering Christmas is coming. Better to plan for job loss contingency b4 buying.

solsys
05-11-12, 22:19
Sg mfg is contracting - quite unusual considering Christmas is coming. Better to plan for job loss contingency b4 buying.

It's happening..... Just heard job cuts from a manufacturer. Cautiously optimistic but sometimes it just feels like te calm before the storm.

radha08
05-11-12, 22:39
yes its coming i am in the manufacturing industry...i know...:cool:

cnud
05-11-12, 23:11
What's the Baltic index telling us? Be prepared folks..

roly8
06-11-12, 06:31
What's the Baltic index telling us? Be prepared folks..

care to explain what is Baltic index ? :o

phantom_opera
06-11-12, 06:52
MM Lee:

He said, “Everybody owns their own homes and the value of their homes go up as development takes place. Some are unwise enough to sell their homes, thinking they can buy another one, they then find they can’t and have to rent a flat.”

“But those who held on to their homes, I’ve seen their property values going up, five times, 10 times, 15 times, 20 times. This was the plan which we had from the very beginning, to give everybody a home at cost or below cost and as development takes place, everybody gets a lift, all boats rise as the tide rises.”

... we are safe when he is alive ;)

samuelk
06-11-12, 07:25
MM Lee:

He said, “Everybody owns their own homes and the value of their homes go up as development takes place. Some are unwise enough to sell their homes, thinking they can buy another one, they then find they can’t and have to rent a flat.”

“But those who held on to their homes, I’ve seen their property values going up, five times, 10 times, 15 times, 20 times. This was the plan which we had from the very beginning, to give everybody a home at cost or below cost and as development takes place, everybody gets a lift, all boats rise as the tide rises.”

he din mention on low tides.

phantom_opera
06-11-12, 07:46
Hdb will be 5m in 35y time, why sell? Lol

Laguna
06-11-12, 07:55
CM will be introduced to industrial and commercial in 2013...my reading

price
06-11-12, 07:58
think there was an article yesterday that hinted this too

Leeds
06-11-12, 08:01
2013 will be a testing time for the local property market.

1. It will be for the first time facing more supply ready for occupation.
2. The rental market will be tested
3. The pricing index is facing resistance and possibly testing its turning point moderated by more cooling meausres.
4. Less MM can be built with the new law taking effect effecting overall selling price
5. More job loss expected with moderated job growth
5. Global slowdown will continue effecting our open economy.
6. Post US election means tougher policies for the next our years
7. Facial cliff facing the US and affecting the world
8. Banking reforms in Europe with thousand or million of job losses in the financial and related industries across the globe
9. Credit crunch is happening in Europe and may get worst
10. The SHOCK WAVE that has been waiting to happen may happen if QE3 is not healing

phantom_opera
06-11-12, 08:16
I beg to differ ...

1. Singapore still taking in immigrants... but ICA now wants only workers who commands at least 3k of salary ... if you check the chart I posted, there was a huge increase of students+dependents / S-pass with slight drop in EP, all of them need to rent

2. Coupled with salary raise in almost every sector, this will bring huge wage inflation and therefore huge growth in median salary down the road ... Obiwan will come out to say HDB very affordable as median family income now up 30% :rolleyes:

3. MAS already said next year inflation will stay high ... who are we to say otherwise

4. China economy is bottoming, unless China-A falls below 2k

5. Due to short of supply, high rental yield and high COV, HDB resale price has not reached its peak, another 35-40% upside

6. MM will continue to shine as it allows small players to hedge against inflation with cheap leverage

7. After absorbing the ABSD, HK property market will chiong big time in 2013 after breaking 1997's peak

8. Europe and US can continue to print until cows come home ....US debt to GDP ratio to hit 150% and beyond to trigger a downgrade, currently about 103%

phantom_opera
06-11-12, 09:20
SHANGHAI - China Vanke Co Ltd, the country's largest real estate developer by sales, said sales jumped 33 per cent in October from a year earlier to 13.7 billion yuan (US$2.14 billion) after rolling out seven new projects.
For the first 10 months, sales rose 2.4 per cent to 110.02 billion yuan, Vanke said in a statement to the Shenzhen stock exchange on Tuesday.
While China has restricted lending to the sector and limited the ability of citizens to buy certain types of property to curb speculation, large developers like Vanke have been winning business at the cost of smaller rivals as customers look to branding to avoid firms that might run aground financially.
Vanke's third-quarter profit more than doubled to 1.35 billion yuan, citing a recovery in the property market.

minority
06-11-12, 14:34
I beg to differ ...

1. Singapore still taking in immigrants... but ICA now wants only workers who commands at least 3k of salary ... if you check the chart I posted, there was a huge increase of students+dependents / S-pass with slight drop in EP, all of them need to rent

2. Coupled with salary raise in almost every sector, this will bring huge wage inflation and therefore huge growth in median salary down the road ... Obiwan will come out to say HDB very affordable as median family income now up 30% :rolleyes:

3. MAS already said next year inflation will stay high ... who are we to say otherwise

4. China economy is bottoming, unless China-A falls below 2k

5. Due to short of supply, high rental yield and high COV, HDB resale price has not reached its peak, another 35-40% upside

6. MM will continue to shine as it allows small players to hedge against inflation with cheap leverage

7. After absorbing the ABSD, HK property market will chiong big time in 2013 after breaking 1997's peak

8. Europe and US can continue to print until cows come home ....US debt to GDP ratio to hit 150% and beyond to trigger a downgrade, currently about 103%

What to do fresh grad complain cheap import depress fresh grad salary..

so inflation is here to stay. like i say local inflation its self inflicted.

cnud
06-11-12, 15:24
care to explain what is Baltic index ? :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltic_Dry_Index

It is a broad indication of movement of goods using the sea transport.

"The index indirectly measures global supply and demand for the commodities shipped aboard dry bulk carriers, such as building materials, coal, metallic ores, and grains."

roly8
06-11-12, 15:38
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltic_Dry_Index

It is a broad indication of movement of goods using the sea transport.

"The index indirectly measures global supply and demand for the commodities shipped aboard dry bulk carriers, such as building materials, coal, metallic ores, and grains."
thx for the info. :o

you mean commodities will be a major factor moving the market in future? :confused:

phantom_opera
06-11-12, 15:44
the biggest reason of course

http://www.inflationdeception.com/img/ID_logo.gif

Inflation is taxation without legislation.
Milton Friedman

By a continuing process of inflation, government can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens.

John Maynard Keynes

Jonathan0503
06-11-12, 17:10
MM Lee:

No matter how much the property has appreciated, if you do not have a second property, you can never capitalize on your gain. Unless you sell off and rent, which again is not advisable.

Ringo33
06-11-12, 17:16

long overdue and this is cause too must stress to the business..

I hope they will also do something about COE for 2013, especially for commercial vehicle.

Rysk
06-11-12, 18:02
No matter how much the property has appreciated, if you do not have a second property, you can never capitalize on your gain. Unless you sell off and rent, which again is not advisable.

I have told MR B.. his parrot MR SMARIAN.. and even YOUNG KOK cum INEXPERIENCE SELETAR airbase about it.

They just don't believe me & sold everything including the roof over their head.
Now ended up lan lan act blur.. doing cut & paste of bad news every now & then.. :D

amk
06-11-12, 19:36
No matter how much the property has appreciated, if you do not have a second property, you can never capitalize on your gain.

This is the biggest misconception. Your property must be an asset to you. Whether or not you need to, or choose to, monetize it, is entirely your *choice*. But th value must be there to enable you to have such option.

HDB cannot, must not, be a welfare commodity. It will become a slump.