PDA

View Full Version : Next property race winner? SG, Indo, Aussie, M'sia?

indomie
08-11-12, 12:59
Where are you placing your property bets next?
I invested so far in Indo, SG and Aussie.

Indo
Upside: huge population, price still cheap, demand is high
Downside: high interest 8%, local only can buy, weak currency, low rental yield

Sg
Upside: strong currency, limited, low interest rate, high rental yield
Downside: expensive, curb on foreign buyers

Aussie
Upside: easy loan (interest only), high rental yield
Downside: slow to grow, low population

How about M'sia, HK, China... Any inputs?

leesg123
08-11-12, 13:36
Where are you placing your property bets next?
I invested so far in Indo, SG and Aussie.

Indo
Upside: huge population, price still cheap, demand is high
Downside: high interest 8%, local only can buy, weak currency, low rental yield

Sg
Upside: strong currency, limited, low interest rate, high rental yield
Downside: expensive, curb on foreign buyers

Aussie
Upside: easy loan (interest only), high rental yield
Downside: slow to grow, low population

How about M'sia, HK, China... Any inputs?vested in Msia

Pro: easy loan (up to 70%), rental demand at KLCC vicinity (max 2 km radius), potential upside due to price being cheap and strong S$, very near to SG (easier to manage), BN (UMNO) still expected to remain in power.

Con: legal process maybe length as approval need to be sought from the federal office.

indomie
08-11-12, 14:05
vested in Msia

Pro: easy loan (up to 70%), rental demand at KLCC vicinity (max 2 km radius), potential upside due to price being cheap and strong S$, very near to SG (easier to manage), BN (UMNO) still expected to remain in power.

Con: legal process maybe length as approval need to be sought from the federal office.
I think msia can be the next boom. It will benefit from the spillover effect of sg. The pricing at 200-300 sgd per sgft is very attractive. However, the bureaucrat will be the slowing down factor.

roly8
08-11-12, 15:32
indomie, i heard story of google drop building a datacenter in indonesia because of frequent power outage..

is this true?
:scared-5::scared-5:

star
08-11-12, 16:03
vested in Msia

KL property is junk condo. I will never touch there.

phantom_opera
08-11-12, 16:05
of course is Singkapoor lah ... elsewhere, mobs will kill u when they realize their cash losing half of purchasing power yet your condo double in price in the same period

indomie
08-11-12, 16:28
indomie, i heard story of google drop building a datacenter in indonesia because of frequent power outage..

is this true?
:scared-5::scared-5:
Now becoming better. Power outage is getting less, maybe 3-4 times a year. In a highly developed country like sg, u enjoy high level of infrastructures. However, u are paying higher taxes and competition is tough. In Indo there is this type of inconvenience, but there are less competition and lower taxes. This can also means gov poor, but people rich. In sg its the other way around.

indomie
08-11-12, 16:41
of course is Singkapoor lah ... elsewhere, mobs will kill u when they realize their cash losing half of purchasing power yet your condo double in price in the same period
Singapore has the double advantage of high rental yield and high capital appreciation. The sg gov has supernatural ability to increase or decrease population at will.

chestnut
08-11-12, 16:49
Singapore has the double advantage of high rental yield and high capital appreciation. The sg gov has supernatural ability to increase or decrease population at will.

Good 1... Hahahaha

leesg123
08-11-12, 19:13
KL property is junk condo. I will never touch there.
i specifically say KLCC vicinity, not any tom dick harry kl condo. Kl is very big.

hyenergix
08-11-12, 21:10
Singapore is okay if your loan is 60% is less, because the quantum is very high and any upward swing in interest will be quite severe, not to mention job stability issues. Malaysia (JB) landed is quite okay as quantum is low and land supply will be running low in about 5 years' time. Indonesia seems to be in a bubble state. Australia is simply too far for an average investor.

leesg123
08-11-12, 21:17
Singapore is okay if your loan is 60% is less, because the quantum is very high and any upward swing in interest will be quite severe, not to mention job stability issues. Malaysia (JB) landed is quite okay as quantum is low and land supply will be running low in about 5 years' time. Indonesia seems to be in a bubble state. Australia is simply too far for an average investor.
Indo very high risk as politically not stable, just need a brainless event to trigger a major riot which will end up as opportunistic looting, raping and murdering.

hyenergix
08-11-12, 21:22
Indo very high risk as politically not stable, just need a brainless event to trigger a major riot which will end up as opportunistic looting, raping and murdering.

Yup, Indonesia is a very risky place to invest in. When there is riot, they want your life. Even the Chinese are very afraid there. My friend's father (Chinese) got detained by the police and died in the prison.

leesg123
08-11-12, 21:30
Yup, Indonesia is a very risky place to invest in. When there is riot, they want your life. Even the Chinese are very afraid there. My friend's father (Chinese) got detained by the police and died in the prison.
Its a hopeless place. Foreigner still like to go there because easy to earn their (local original) money and the population is huge. As simple as that.