PDA

View Full Version : How long to rent out after collect key for OCR 2 bedder?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

East Lover
11-11-12, 18:39
I collected my key on last Tuesday, so far there is no call/viewing, even this Saturday & Sunday.

Is market cooling now? Or nov,dec not right season? Or my condo too new so too much choice??

Usually how long will it take to run out? Mine next to MRT, mall and business park, 2 bedder, quiet facing, but there are 400-500 for rent in propertyguru :doh: and 150 for 2 bedder :scared-5:

sherlock
11-11-12, 18:50
Don't see why there are no takers if its next to mall and MRT unless you are asking must higher than the others

Or could be this is a long weekend and a lots of people are out of the country? :D

Good luck~@!!

blackpepperj
11-11-12, 18:58
Double bay residences?

leesg123
11-11-12, 19:00
Are u doing it yourself or through agents? Agents usually have a pool of shared tenabts database.

indomie
11-11-12, 19:17
It tooks me 2 months

East Lover
11-11-12, 19:18
Don't see why there are no takers if its next to mall and MRT unless you are asking must higher than the others

Or could be this is a long weekend and a lots of people are out of the country? :D

Good luck~@!!
Oh yah, hope its due to the long weekend :doh:

No, no, I'm just asking whatever my agent suggested :cool: , namely the market rate....

East Lover
11-11-12, 19:20
Are u doing it yourself or through agents? Agents usually have a pool of shared tenabts database.
Im doing by agent

East Lover
11-11-12, 19:25
It tooks me 2 months
Wow, so long? :scared-4:
I'm shopping for lighting now. My hubby said cant be too cheapo, so end up, easily few thousands to be invested in lighting, decking, curtain, not buy fridge n washer yet as agent said tenant may have...if not, another thousands?? :(

Next month is December, more ppl go out for holiday leh :doh:

I'm not relaying my rental to pay my installment, but I don't like this kind of feeling ....

lajia
11-11-12, 19:34
then maybe i suggest u stay in for a while to enjoy first since u dont need the money for the installment and then slowly look for tenant. :D u now staying in landed, pc or hdb?

I'm shopping for lighting now. My hubby said cant be too cheapo, so end up, easily few thousands to be invested in lighting, decking, curtain, not buy fridge n washer yet as agent said tenant may have...if not, another thousands?? :(

Next month is December, more ppl go out for holiday leh :doh:

I'm not relaying my rental to pay my installment, but I don't like this kind of feeling ....

Allthepies
11-11-12, 19:36
Too much supply? U asking 5k for 2 bedders? :D

lajia
11-11-12, 19:42
i think now for OCR maybe HDB easier to rent out...if u stay in HDB then maybe you can consider that...:p

East Lover
11-11-12, 19:51
Too much supply? U asking 5k for 2 bedders? :D
Where got...market price only. Maybe it's due to long weekend

East Lover
11-11-12, 19:54
i think now for OCR maybe HDB easier to rent out...if u stay in HDB then maybe you can consider that...:p
I agreed! I rented out my 5 rm hdb by myself within only one day! Ai yoh, I thought 2 bedder should be same also, never expect no viewing at all! Don't like this kind of feeling :banghead:

chestnut
11-11-12, 19:59
Sis East, when a new condo top, there will be many condos out for rental. So the units with either good views or good price get rented out first. The whole process can take awhile.

Do lighting first. All others can wait. Curtains and white machine once u find tenant.

This process can last 1 to 2 months. Unless your price very sweet (below market rate).

:cheers5: :cheers5:

hyenergix
11-11-12, 19:59
A lot of retrenchments in overseas now. OCR near MRT or hubs shd b fine. Ur location is within 10min walk to these?

East Lover
11-11-12, 20:05
Sis East, when a new condo top, there will be many condos out for rental. So the units with either good views or good price get rented out first. The whole process can take awhile.

Do lighting first. All others can wait. Curtains and white machine once u find tenant.

This process can last 1 to 2 months. Unless your price very sweet (below market rate).

:cheers5: :cheers5:
Yes, defect reporting with developer at my unit on next Friday, lighting will be installed on next Saturday :)

Curtain hold first? How abt the decking of planter? I want to go the Australia iron wood Liao :rolleyes:

East Lover
11-11-12, 20:06
A lot of retrenchments in overseas now. OCR near MRT or hubs shd b fine. Ur location is within 10min walk to these?
3 mins to MRT and shopping mall...

chestnut
11-11-12, 20:14
Yes, defect reporting with developer at my unit on next Friday, lighting will be installed on next Saturday :)

Curtain hold first? How abt the decking of planter? I want to go the Australia iron wood Liao :rolleyes:

Yes, hold curtain. Tenant come in will advise if they want day and nite curtain. They will let u know color as well. Get agent to source if u lazy.

White equipment, get from best denke with extended warranty.... Or any where w extended warranty.

Decking, up to u. If u think will add value to rental... If not, wait for tenant to propose and. Fix.

Defects, get agent to do it and liase w mgmt if u have no time.

radha08
11-11-12, 20:21
3 mins to MRT and shopping mall...

simei....??...maybe too close people scared noise..but dont worry if you are not dependant on the rental urgently then wait a while since its new i suppose many units on mkt for rental...;)

DC33_2008
11-11-12, 20:24
Try to rent out before end of nov as December is usually a quiet month for rental as most foreigners will start to go home and do not want to move house.But dvo not drop price to rent out otherwise your neighbours will be very upset with you.

zeamybro
11-11-12, 20:33
Sis based on my experience year end rental market is usually quieter one. But don't worry since your unit is new and near mrt, will have cutting edge over other older projects. Be patient a bit in the meantime enjoy the process of furnishing your new asset.

New house I would usually buy the white goods (fridge, washer/dryer), curtains and lightings. I may be wrong, but I would imagine tenants renting 2br or below in OCR would prefer the house to be fully furnished? Family ones would prefer to bring along their own furnitures.

DC33_2008
11-11-12, 20:40
My 2 bedder units in City fringe and CCR are rented out in partial furnished condition. They are all singles.

East Lover
11-11-12, 20:43
Yes, hold curtain. Tenant come in will advise if they want day and nite curtain. They will let u know color as well. Get agent to source if u lazy.

White equipment, get from best denke with extended warranty.... Or any where w extended warranty.

Decking, up to u. If u think will add value to rental... If not, wait for tenant to propose and. Fix.

Defects, get agent to do it and liase w mgmt if u have no time.
Bro, thanks!

Ok, I slow down the decking as well.

Initially thinking of DIY, buy curtain from IKEA, but hubby stopped. Do u think worthy to spend $1500 on the curtain? IKEA stuff really look cheap meh??

East Lover
11-11-12, 20:46
Sis based on my experience year end rental market is usually quieter one. But don't worry since your unit is new and near mrt, will have cutting edge over other older projects. Be patient a bit in the meantime enjoy the process of furnishing your new asset.

New house I would usually buy the white goods (fridge, washer/dryer), curtains and lightings. I may be wrong, but I would imagine tenants renting 2br or below in OCR would prefer the house to be fully furnished? Family ones would prefer to bring along their own furnitures.
Usually who will rent OCR 2 bedder? 2 couples??

I hope a small family can rent my unit :p

East Lover
11-11-12, 20:50
My 2 bedder units in City fringe and CCR are rented out in partial furnished condition. They are all singles.
U mean even singles also prefer their own furnitures?

Check with u, is there a way to utilize the bay-window with a single bed frame to host a queen mattress? No customization, just off shell one?

hyenergix
11-11-12, 20:57

Prob coincide w many units tt TOP ard this time. Location is good. Juz a matter of time b4 it gets rented out.

amk
11-11-12, 20:59
East lover, is this ur first condo for rental ?

1 to 2 months is very very normal. Dun need to feel uneasy. And yes year end is a low season.

zeamybro
11-11-12, 21:02

I have no experience with OCR 2br, but I supposed its v flexible, in fact most flexible. Could be a couple, 2 adults, single or even a small family of 3 to 4.

If u r unsure of what to buy now, just wait a while and observe who your potential tenants/viewers are, and see what they typically ask for. Then u decide what u shld buy. But curtains and lights must do first la imo. And I realized most Ang Mohs prefer their own furniture, while Asians like japs and Chinese, and also Indians, prefer fully furnished.

DC33_2008
11-11-12, 21:02
Have been renting to different nationalities for almost 16 years with units in OCR, city fringe and CCR, it is better to go for parital furnish as new tenants will likely want the mattress to be replaced. It is really a waste if money and not sustainable. Sorry, no experience on the use of bay window to form part of a bed frame. Choosing tenant is likely choosing a domestic helper. It is all about luck. I am quite lucky so far as I have heard of horror incidents.
U mean even singles also prefer their own furnitures?

Check with u, is there a way to utilize the bay-window with a single bed frame to host a queen mattress? No customization, just off shell one?

DC33_2008
11-11-12, 21:07
Quite true, I have got French, British, Americans, and Australians on partial lease.
I have no experience with OCR 2br, but I supposed its v flexible, in fact most flexible. Could be a couple, 2 adults, single or even a small family of 3 to 4.

If u r unsure of what to buy now, just wait a while and observe who your potential tenants/viewers are, and see what they typically ask for. Then u decide what u shld buy. But curtains and lights must do first la imo. And I realized most Ang Mohs prefer their own furniture, while Asians like japs and Chinese, and also Indians, prefer fully furnished.

East Lover
11-11-12, 21:09
East lover, is this ur first condo for rental ?

1 to 2 months is very very normal. Dun need to feel uneasy. And yes year end is a low season.
First TOP unit to rent :p previously resale, bought with tenancy.

Now my new new unit needs to wait? 1-2 mths is year end holiday some more :doh:

East Lover
11-11-12, 21:11

Is IKEA curtain a good idea? :p

chestnut
11-11-12, 21:11
Quite true, I have got French, British, Americans, and Australians on partial lease.

Wah, u can start United Nation.

:cheers5:

East Lover
11-11-12, 21:12
Have been renting to different nationalities for almost 16 years with units in OCR, city fringe and CCR, it is better to go for parital furnish as new tenants will likely want the mattress to be replaced. It is really a waste if money and not sustainable. Sorry, no experience on the use of bay window to form part of a bed frame. Choosing tenant is likely choosing a domestic helper. It is all about luck. I am quite lucky so far as I have heard of horror incidents.
Wow lucky landlord! Thanks for the sharing :)

DC33_2008
11-11-12, 21:14
I will pay a bit more for the curtain as it makes the house more atas. It is easier to get a curtain professional.

East Lover
11-11-12, 21:14

Ang moh easy or Asian - jap, Korea or Singaporean easy?

East Lover
11-11-12, 21:15
I will pay a bit more for the curtain as it makes the house more atas. It is easier to get a curtain professional.
My hubby said the same thing :rolleyes: thanks! I will start to shop. Any good recommendation? :cheers5:

Mr.Keh
11-11-12, 21:16

You are a generous landlord! No need to spend a lot of money on furnishing. Just go to one of the furniture suppliers in Geylang... they will have packages for you to choose. $3k to $4k to fully furnish (include LCD tv, washer etc) a 2bed unit.

DC33_2008
11-11-12, 21:17
Had rented out to tenants from China, India (from usa) , Nigerian, and Japanese. The worst is Nigerian. Always delay rental payment. All the others pay on time via giro.

DC33_2008
11-11-12, 21:21
Bro or sis. Some Angmos are so huge that your bed will break or they cannot fit in. There is this American who only wants atas mattress. The mattress alone cost $3000 and he pays for it. Geylang furniture may be ok for Chinese and Indian.
You are a generous landlord! No need to spend a lot of money on furnishing. Just go to one of the furniture suppliers in Geylang... they will have packages for you to choose. $3k to $4k to fully furnish (include LCD tv, washer etc) a 2bed unit.

chestnut
11-11-12, 21:26

My ranking(personal) - ang moh, Asian then Singaporean.

I have 2 rented out to Singaporean. Very poor thing, 1 of them. Sold and waiting for price to drop (5yr). Again did national service. Rented out at discount of 10%. They moving out in June next year.

zeamybro
11-11-12, 21:26

Eh, it really depends on what type of marketing model u wanna adopt. U can either insist on partial furnish with minimal $ spent, save yourself on the hassle but willing to accept a lower rent, or go to the other extreme of doing up your house v nicely with nice curtains, chandeliers and IDs, and patiently wait for tenants who would be willing to pay u premium rental. I have had tenants who were give sufficient budget for bigger units but becos they like your unit furnishings a lot, they are willing to downgrade to yr smaller unit yet giving u a premium rental since its within their budget. But that's more for RCR or ccr ..

I will not go for ikea curtains, cos I believe a good set can last me a v long time. Mine lasted for 10yrs liao and is presently serving my 5th tenant, hehe

East Lover
11-11-12, 21:34

I have 2 rented out to Singaporean. Very poor thing, 1 of them. Sold and waiting for price to drop (5yr). Again did national service. Rented out at discount of 10%. They moving out in June next year.
Can I say don't want certain nationality? :D

zeamybro
11-11-12, 21:34

I prefer Malaysian Chinese as their lifestyle is more similar to ours.

Recent yrs I see the angmohs are getting more bossy and greedy, and start to ask for extra fridge, extra tv, side table etc yet they don't have the budget!

Indians usually accept whatever furnitures u thrown to them, and they have the budget! But even if they hv budget not many landlords willing to rent to them, so they usually accept whatever u give them.

Japs are picky, very picky, but they take good care of your house, esp if there is a jap wife around.

East Lover
11-11-12, 21:36
Eh, it really depends on what type of marketing model u wanna adopt. U can either insist on partial furnish with minimal $ spent, save yourself on the hassle but willing to accept a lower rent, or go to the other extreme of doing up your house v nicely with nice curtains, chandeliers and IDs, and patiently wait for tenants who would be willing to pay u premium rental. I have had tenants who were give sufficient budget for bigger units but becos they like your unit furnishings a lot, they are willing to downgrade to yr smaller unit yet giving u a premium rental since its within their budget. But that's more for RCR or ccr ..

I will not go for ikea curtains, cos I believe a good set can last me a v long time. Mine lasted for 10yrs liao and is presently serving my 5th tenant, hehe
Thanks. I think my target is Asian small family, not too cheap, but not too extremely doing up lah. I have already purchased some good quality lightings.

You are right. 一分钱一分货. I'm going to shop curtains next week. Finally have fun to kill time in weekend :p :p

DC33_2008
Do not suggest using an ID. Just provide white goods, and nice set of curtains. Angmos like yellow light while Japanese like white lights. I think OCR tenants will not want to pay more for these fanciful stuff. CCR and Cityfringe tenants may like this ID concept. How much more can you rent by investing another 20k into ID works?

zeamybro

Can, I always do. Some agents v daring they will openly list on propertyguru "sorry to all xxx friends, landlord prefers non-xxx"

East Lover
11-11-12, 21:42

Recent yrs I see the angmohs are getting more bossy and greedy, and start to ask for extra fridge, extra tv, side table etc yet they don't have the budget!

Indians usually accept whatever furnitures u thrown to them, and they have the budget! But even if they hv budget not many landlords willing to rent to them, so they usually accept whatever u give them.

Japs are picky, very picky, but they take good care of your house, esp if there is a jap wife around.
We had Malaysian tenants before, yes they are good, but now seems no much budget to rent condo leh....

Indians usually cook a lot of oily food and daily, dear not to rent to them, provided ask $500 more for Reno fee 2 years later?!

East Lover
11-11-12, 21:48
Do not suggest using an ID. Just provide white goods, and nice set of curtains. Angmos like yellow light while Japanese like white lights. I think OCR tenants will not want to pay more for these fanciful stuff. CCR and Cityfringe tenants may like this ID concept. How much more can you rent by investing another 20k into ID works?
Can pm me some good curtain suppliers :p

Agree for ID, also the style, color, u choice may not be tenants'. And it take time to do ID Reno, I will save it for my own new house :D

But I choose yellow lights already liao :doh: my ID (my own house) always say yellow light carry more style comparing to white :p

zeamybro
11-11-12, 21:50

Yes fully agree, no matter how well you do up your IDs, the premium in rentals will not be able to break even easily with the $$ u hv invested in the ID.

But I know of friends who feel that even if the hse is for rental, it's their own house after all. So they wouldn't mind spending $ to get good lightings, curtains and do up some IDs. They feel happy and shiok, and during times when competition is strong, it will help them to move their units faster, albeit not necc the most financially wise thing to do.

Santro
11-11-12, 21:55
My experience, nationality doesnt matter but their background and attitude does. One of my chinese tenant, couple with 2 kids, maintain house very bad. Spoilt quite a few things but on last day apologise and settle everything with $$. Indian tenant maintain very well as they are young couple no kids, both working. Heard call part-time few times a week to clean house.Giro rent in advance. My view - be open and dont filter out by nationality. $$ is what matters.

chestnut
11-11-12, 21:56
For me, very simple. I provide curtains, white equipments and lightings only....

When they want more like say tv, hifi, console, etc... I ask them budget, tell them divide by 24, add into rental, this is the new amount. Tell them, hey your coy paying for rental rite. U want this rite, ok lor, I provide, I up rental by 300, u can use 7k to buy furniture lor.

Hahahaha:cheers5:

Yes fully agree, no matter how well you do up your IDs, the premium in rentals will not be able to break even easily with the $$ u hv invested in the ID.

But I know of friends who feel that even if the hse is for rental, it's their own house after all. So they wouldn't mind spending $ to get good lightings, curtains and do up some IDs. They feel happy and shiok, and during times when competition is strong, it will help them to move their units faster, albeit not necc the most financially wise thing to do.

East Lover
11-11-12, 21:59
My experience, nationality doesnt matter but their background and attitude does. One of my chinese tenant, couple with 2 kids, maintain house very bad. Spoilt quite a few things but on last day apologise and settle everything with $$. Indian tenant maintain very well as they are young couple no kids, both working. Heard call part-time few times a week to clean house.Giro rent in advance. My view - be open and dont filter out by nationality. $$ is what matters.
也有道理哦。。。:rolleyes:

East Lover
11-11-12, 22:03
For me, very simple. I provide curtains, white equipments and lightings only....

When they want more like say tv, hifi, console, etc... I ask them budget, tell them divide by 24, add into rental, this is the new amount. Tell them, hey your coy paying for rental rite. U want this rite, ok lor, I provide, I up rental by 300, u can use 7k to buy furniture lor.

Actually I hand itchy leh, as what zeamybro said, wanna do up a bit...

Do u think is a good idea to custom made a bed with bay window? So the second room will be much bigger?

But will small family need a queen size bed in room 2?

zeamybro
11-11-12, 22:04

Nut bro.. Good idea!

Nowadays the Ang Mohs v chao kuan. Say I ask for 5.5k rental partial furnish la, but the ang moh given 6.5k budget by his company. Then he will offer me 6.5k but want a long list of items that add up close to 15k. Although after working out the maths it still seem to be worth it for me, but that's provided he stays the entire 2yrs and don't suay suay kena retrenched and ex diplomatic clause after 1yr la, plus he must take care of the furnitures and next tenants must like them.

Then got this angmoh lagi best. Say he can give me 6k rental but I need to give him 6k cash furniture voucher every yr... Kns to the max

ekl2ekl2
11-11-12, 22:05

But how to assess "attitude" before rental? Very difficult.
If they ask for A to Z during the negotiating period, then probably will not be an easy tenant. They are tenants who will call regularly for all kinds of faults but they help maintain place nicely while some who rarely call can create havoc to the place.

At least your tenant was honest and apologised and paid for things they spoilt. Some might even hide "damages" and landlord might realise it too late.

chestnut
11-11-12, 22:10
Nut bro.. Good idea!

Nowadays the Ang Mohs v chao kuan. Say I ask for 5.5k rental partial furnish la, but the ang moh given 6.5k budget by his company. Then he will offer me 6.5k but want a long list of items that add up close to 15k. Although after working out the maths it still seem to be worth it for me, but that's provided he stays the entire 2yrs and don't suay suay kena retrenched and ex diplomatic clause after 1yr la, plus he must take care of the furnitures and next tenants must like them.

Then got this angmoh lagi best. Say he can give me 6k rental but I need to give him 6k cash furniture voucher every yr... Kns to the max

Bro, if the furniture belongs to u ultimately, it's alrite. But if they want to take back, u have to buffer for 20% tax. Because rental up mah.... But I honest w u, I chin chye.... But don't follow me hor.

Give and take for me is the key.... So long I make money, it's ok. If everyone along the way, make, it's ok....

auroraborealis
11-11-12, 22:11
mai gan cheong; what if couple wants 2nd br for 2 young kids
they may only need single bed but double deck or pull out kind??

Actually I hand itchy leh, as what zeamybro said, wanna do up a bit...

Do u think is a good idea to custom made a bed with bay window? So the second room will be much bigger?

But will small family need a queen size bed in room 2?

chestnut
11-11-12, 22:12
In rental cagreement, there is a clause, first 100 to be paid by tenant for something spoilt.

There is also a 2 month deposit.

Most important, your agent must be good. If kanna 1 lousy one, good luck to u.

If they ask for A to Z during the negotiating period, then probably will not be an easy tenant. They are tenants who will call regularly for all kinds of faults but they help maintain place nicely while some who rarely call can create havoc to the place.

At least your tenant was honest and apologised and paid for things they spoilt. Some might even hide "damages" and landlord might realise it too late.

Santro
11-11-12, 22:14
True..I usually filter out the ones very fussy in the beginning. Once my agent shortlist - I go over for second viewings and see what their demands are. Some ask to add furniture, some remove things. Its give and take -if they are not flexible and stuck up, you know it will be difficult when the contract ends. So It take them off the list. :D ...Rest is luck lah!!!

chestnut
11-11-12, 22:15

I think sis east think, this one her house lah.... Design like she going to live there. Hope she take the cue from property agent.

I kana before all my dining table, bed, etc... All have to throw a away (some more 2 mth old), because tenant bring their own furniture in.

imjason
11-11-12, 22:15
Simei easy to find Indians tenants.. but they prefer Melville or East Point Green...

I think TS needs some times to rent out the place !!!

cnud
11-11-12, 22:18
Had my west coast 2 br empty for 2 months. Not a nice feeling but we stayed there ourselves and enjoyed the facilities while waiting lor..

auroraborealis
11-11-12, 22:22
yah, i oso kena b4; act smart buy everything including dining table
ended up tenant need everything but dun need dining table; then i have to look ard for relatives to adopt my brand new dining table set

2yrs later... new tenant needs dining table, then buy again :doh:

I think sis east think, this one her house lah.... Design like she going to live there. Hope she take the cue from property agent.

I kana before all my dining table, bed, etc... All have to throw a away (some more 2 mth old), because tenant bring their own furniture in.

zeamybro
11-11-12, 22:23

Auroraborealis bro is right (Wah v difficult to spell yr nick, how was yr china trip?).. Don't be so kancheong to get the furnitures, just install lights and curtains and buy the white goods. Add in the furnitures only upon request.

Oh yes units when empty while waiting for tenants always v good to hold parties and family gatherings ... I always do that, Hehe

auroraborealis
11-11-12, 22:26
u can call me aurora :cheers5:
sidetrack abit; wifey set nick when we sign up to remind that still owe her northern lights holiday trip

Auroraborealis bro is right (Wah v difficult to spell yr nick, how was yr china trip?).. Don't be so kancheong to get the furnitures, just install lights and curtains and buy the white goods. Add in the furnitures only upon request

East Lover
11-11-12, 22:28

Yes my agent suggested :D he said his house do up like this :D :p :D :p :D :p

Ok ok, steady, Mai gan cheong :p

ekl2ekl2
11-11-12, 22:30
In rental cagreement, there is a clause, first 100 to be paid by tenant for something spoilt.

There is also a 2 month deposit.

Most important, your agent must be good. If kanna 1 lousy one, good luck to u.

Agree agent plays an impt role when it comes to difficult tenants.

Interestingly i came across a propertyguru comment by an apparent tenant who complained that landlord not responding to his/her needs/requests.

If landlord deducts deposit bec place not clean enough upon handover, can he be considered a difficult landlord?

If tenant requests a new aircon half way thru the contract bec aircon is too old, can he be considered a difficult tenant?

Arbitration by responsible agents in difficut situations is impt

chestnut
11-11-12, 22:31
Yes my agent suggested :D he said his house do up like this :D :p :D :p :D :p

Ok ok, steady, Mai gan cheong :p

Sis, u serious your agent ask u to do up the unit? Buy bed, etc?

Or just curtain, whites and lights.

So far, for mind, standard, - lights first.

Curtains and whites go later. Curtains, give tenant a choice to choose from sample my agent will show to them.

East Lover
11-11-12, 22:32
Auroraborealis bro is right (Wah v difficult to spell yr nick, how was yr china trip?).. Don't be so kancheong to get the furnitures, just install lights and curtains and buy the white goods. Add in the furnitures only upon request.

Oh yes units when empty while waiting for tenants always v good to hold parties and family gatherings ... I always do that, Hehe
Good idea! Anyway so many holidays coming...

Ok I take ur advice, Bo Kancheong :D

Some said even white goods also can wait as some tenant like their now fridge? Got such thing?

East Lover
11-11-12, 22:34

Curtains and whites go later. Curtains, give tenant a choice to choose from sample my agent will show to them.
What's the budget for curtain? Will tenant over choose some expensive one??

chestnut
11-11-12, 22:37

Some said even white goods also can wait as some tenant like their now fridge? Got such thing?

Sis, welcome to the world of renting....

I have seen many things. I share with u all, u all also won't believe. U all will tell me I strike lottery.

Don't do customize bed please.... U only restrict your tenant base.
Always paint the wall white. No other colors.

My unit just got rented out after 1 month on market. On top of that, they shifting in on mid dec. aiyah, interest rate so low, just relax lah.... If u have multiple unit and u behave like that, your life will be jialat....

So have a beer....

chestnut
11-11-12, 22:39

My agent will have his contact list and can get better pricing because he always use them and become regular. My curtains typically afford 3 bedder are 1 k plus.

zeamybro
11-11-12, 22:39

Got ... Ever met one that insist in having 500 litres and above and must be able to put in 2kg birthday cake that kind of nonsense. Pls note some fridge may be physically big in the exterior but has a small capacity only. So I always ensure the fridge I bought has a large capacity.

East Lover
11-11-12, 22:40
Had my west coast 2 br empty for 2 months. Not a nice feeling but we stayed there ourselves and enjoyed the facilities while waiting lor..
U used as weekend house during that 2 mths or really stayed there??

Agent said if stay first, then not brand new unit liao, can't rent at good price. :( .

East Lover
11-11-12, 22:45
Sis, welcome to the world of renting....

I have seen many things. I share with u all, u all also won't believe. U all will tell me I strike lottery.

Don't do customize bed please.... U only restrict your tenant base.
Always paint the wall white. No other colors.

My unit just got rented out after 1 month on market. On top of that, they shifting in on mid dec. aiyah, interest rate so low, just relax lah.... If u have multiple unit and u behave like that, your life will be jialat....

So have a beer....

Believe or not? Yesterday we went to see some 1+1 MM, my husband wanted to commit but I stopped him, because I have no confidence of my new 2 bedder :o Don't want new unit again. Next time I find resale with tenant, no need to compete with 100-200 units to rent together :doh:

In fact, was thinking of waterfront key 2 bedder recently, now like this, better see how fast to rent out my own one first.

Happy problem? :D

East Lover
11-11-12, 22:49
My agent will have his contact list and can get better pricing because he always use them and become regular. My curtains typically afford 3 bedder are 1 k plus.
In new condo car park, saw a curtain man, said 1300-1500 for 2 bedder. I think he is not a honest guy :mad:

GORDON
11-11-12, 22:55
Try to get it rented before Feb CNY 2013,if not another week wasted in lost income

East Lover
11-11-12, 22:59
Try to get it rented before Feb CNY 2013,if not another week wasted in lost income
Don't scare me lah, need 3 mths to rent out? 不会吧?

phantom_opera
11-11-12, 23:05
welcome to the reality, rental cover your loan and expenses ok liao lah ... :p

not just DBR is on the market, WFK, WFW, Optima, 8@W, Caspian, Livia, Mi Casa ...

very soon NV Residences, WFG, Waterview, Waterbank ...

radha08
11-11-12, 23:38

not just DBR is on the market, WFK, WFW, Optima, 8@W, Caspian, Livia, Mi Casa ...

you making it sound very scary...what about 2015...:rolleyes:...1000's of units coming up...

dtrax
11-11-12, 23:42
I scream ice cream!

radha08
11-11-12, 23:45
I scream ice cream!

what is this iscream thing everyone keeps screaming...:confused:

price
12-11-12, 00:00
I scream ice cream!
yea what does this mean?

minority
12-11-12, 00:12

why not? ur agent will ask u ur preference.

minority
12-11-12, 00:16

but land lord asking rent still very high.

leesg123
12-11-12, 00:38
What are considered 'white goods'?

radha08
12-11-12, 01:25

ha ha i also wondering nowadays forum got a lot of fierce terms..ice cream...white goods:D

smpeh
12-11-12, 02:28

Washing machines....:cheers5:

Laguna
12-11-12, 03:39
I remembered during the Lehman crisis, it took me six months to rent out an unit in D15.

For my properties, I provide lightings and curtains only. For all other items, I will see what the tenants want and their budget. My last unit, brand new one, I don't even need to provide white goods.

I always get the cheap ones for them. I use bed.sg, value for money.

radha08
12-11-12, 03:45
I remembered during the Lehman crisis, it took me six months to rent out an unit in D15.

For my properties, I provide lightings and curtains only. For all other items, I will see what the tenants want and their budget. My last unit, brand new one, I don't even need to provide white goods.

I always get the cheap ones for them. I use bed.sg, value for money.

Hows the weather down under....
:D

Laguna
12-11-12, 03:49
Hows the weather down under....
:D

very good, sunny and with cool air.

I joined three rounds of local tour, they took us around all the rich man areas, big houses, ultra impressive view of ocean, rivers. And the price is around A$1m-A$5m. The most expensive one just transacted at A$65m.

The prices in Sydney is also getting very high according to the locals, as many asians are buying, so not just happening in Sg.

radha08
12-11-12, 04:25
very good, sunny and with cool air.

I joined three rounds of local tour, they took us around all the rich man areas, big houses, ultra impressive view of ocean, rivers. And the price is around A$1m-A$5m. The most expensive one just transacted at A$65m.

The prices in Sydney is also getting very high according to the locals, as many asians are buying, so not just happening in Sg.

Absolutely whereever there is money to be made
Asians will be there....its the same situation in Melbourne..
:)

Laguna
12-11-12, 04:44
Absolutely whereever there is money to be made
Asians will be there....its the same situation in Melbourne..
:)

we will spend some time in Melbourne looking at their properties

chestnut
12-11-12, 06:43
Sis, u have hdb, tropica, wv and this one. U gonna catch up with me very soon... Now I panic, better buy a few more units.... Hahahaha, joking lah....

I happy for u... U will start collecting money soon and we can meet in Starbucks for latte FOC.

Sis, slowly.... Have u done exclusive w agent? Did u see your ad in propertyguru and news paper? U so lucky, so many people give so many advice to u.

Slowly, don't panic.... It's not as though u need the money. The mortgage installment u pay, the bulk goes to repayment of house. A small amount goes to servicing interest. What u lost is just opportunity cost. That's all.

Open up a separate bank acc to collect the rental, u see the mney grow, damn shiok.

:D :cheers3:

Believe or not? Yesterday we went to see some 1+1 MM, my husband wanted to commit but I stopped him, because I have no confidence of my new 2 bedder :o Don't want new unit again. Next time I find resale with tenant, no need to compete with 100-200 units to rent together :doh:

In fact, was thinking of waterfront key 2 bedder recently, now like this, better see how fast to rent out my own one first.

Happy problem? :D

East Lover
12-11-12, 07:10
Bro, u, me, Radha like open book hoh.... Scary lah :scared-3:

But thanks a lot for so many useful advice!

Sis, u have hdb, tropica, wv and this one. U gonna catch up with me very soon... Now I panic, better buy a few more units.... Hahahaha, joking lah....

I happy for u... U will start collecting money soon and we can meet in Starbucks for latte FOC.

Sis, slowly.... Have u done exclusive w agent? Did u see your ad in propertyguru and news paper? U so lucky, so many people give so many advice to u.

Slowly, don't panic.... It's not as though u need the money. The mortgage installment u pay, the bulk goes to repayment of house. A small amount goes to servicing interest. What u lost is just opportunity cost. That's all.

Open up a separate bank acc to collect the rental, u see the mney grow, damn shiok.

:D :cheers3:

East Lover
12-11-12, 07:15

Walow! So many supply, so little tenants :(

I believe most of the forumers here are landlords, or wanted to be landlords, with so many units coming out market, and so many policies implemented which impact the 'supply' of FT, are we so sure property market not drop?

Or...... We are playing the game to see who will blink eyes first? :rolleyes:

roly8
12-11-12, 07:15

omg.. auntie east_lover can retire already :o:o

roly8
12-11-12, 07:17
Walow! So many supply, so little tenants :(

I believe most of the forumers here are landlord, or wanted to be landlords, with so many units coming out, and so many policies which impact the 'supply' of FT, are we so sure property market not drop?

Or...... We are playing the game to see who will blink eyes first? :rolleyes:

wait for both usa & euro to crash..
:o

East Lover
12-11-12, 07:18
omg.. auntie east_lover can retire already :o:o
Hey, don't call me auntie leh :ashamed1:
Me still young! A least have a young heart! Hahaha:D

chestnut
12-11-12, 07:33
wait for both usa & euro to crash..
:o

Bro, us how to crash. They kana worst recession after 1929. They 'printing' money like no tomorrow. The borrowers will always allow interest only payment cause if they push us to 'bankrupcy, they will not get a cent.
As for Europe, I still figuring out the eu purchase of sovereign bonds and the impact on Greece next huge payment. Maybe someone here can enlighten me.

The next recession will be Asia. When? I don't know. Everyone takes a turn. When all down, then depression. Hahahaha

Cheers :cheers3:

roly8
12-11-12, 07:33
Hey, don't call me auntie leh :ashamed1:
Me still young! A least have a young heart! Hahaha:D
hahahahahah ... ....sister east_lover! :D:hell-hath-no-fury:

chestnut
12-11-12, 07:40
Bro, u, me, Radha like open book hoh.... Scary lah :scared-3:

But thanks a lot for so many useful advice!

Sis, any time. I think u can retire early like me.... I also can decipher a lot about things. My speciality is human behavior. That's what gives me an edge against many people.
As for rental, if u didn't sign exclusive, try to get another agent involved to make agent work harder. I don't think u use the agent to do a lot of things.
Defects, curtains, etc....
U need to get agent specialize w company lease for max budget. For me, I just want agent to give me easy life and money not so important.

Cheers:cheers3:

zeamybro
12-11-12, 07:48
Sis, any time. I think u can retire early like me.... I also can decipher a lot about things. My speciality is human behavior. That's what gives me an edge against many people.
As for rental, if u didn't sign exclusive, try to get another agent involved to make agent work harder. I don't think u use the agent to do a lot of things.
Defects, curtains, etc....
U need to get agent specialize w company lease for max budget. For me, I just want agent to give me easy life and money not so important.

I think sis here enjoys the process of doing up her new home, buying stuffs here and there, and not purely into maximizing her rental profits. Good reasons (or excuses) to go shoppings for new furnitures, curtains etc. I also enjoy doing this sometimes but if the vacancy period becomes too long or more than 1 unit empty at the same time, then can get v tiring, and u just wanna close the deals asap.

Laguna
12-11-12, 07:49

it is very difficult to get company lease alr.....

heroes
12-11-12, 08:15

Nice threat ..since i am newbie. Thanks for sharing... Hmm very different..in jakarta we must do fullyfurnished to rent out our condo. Wallpaper,lcd,washing machine,plate,bed sheet,pic, flower bla bla.. We decorate our condo like showflat ... My first condo in spore is 2br ocr.. TOP about 1 year later. Are you serious only paint white,curtain, and fitting can rent out?

East Lover
12-11-12, 08:19
I think sis here enjoys the process of doing up her new home, buying stuffs here and there, and not purely into maximizing her rental profits. Good reasons (or excuses) to go shoppings for new furnitures, curtains etc. I also enjoy doing this sometimes but if the vacancy period becomes too long or more than 1 unit empty at the same time, then can get v tiring, and u just wanna close the deals asap.
my bro zeam knows how woman thinking :D yes, i have to say, shopping is realy fun hahaha.... ok, i'm not a smart landlord like bro chestnut :ashamed1:

roly8
12-11-12, 08:21
Nice threat ..since i am newbie. Thanks for sharing... Hmm very different..in jakarta we must do fullyfurnished to rent out our condo. Wallpaper,lcd,washing machine,plate,bed sheet,pic, flower bla bla.. We decorate our condo like showflat ... My first condo in spore is 2br ocr.. TOP about 1 year later. Are you serious only paint white,curtain, and fitting can rent out?

how come got such rule in jakarta?

it is your house...you can do whatever you like.. ,right?

Laguna
12-11-12, 08:22
my bro zeam knows how woman thinking :D yes, i have to say, shopping is realy fun hahaha.... ok, i'm not a smart landlord like bro chestnut :ashamed1:

haha, there are lot of guru here....
touch up all the defects first....

chestnut
12-11-12, 08:23
it is very difficult to get company lease alr.....

My latest unit rented out to PR. The person has a unit in Orchard and rented my Pasir Panjang because wanted to be near work place at Vivo. Dont ask me why???? Anyway, no diplomatic clause as PR. So nab, nab, 2 year lease guaranteed with 1 year extension at prevailing market rate.

Hahahaha:cheers3:

chestnut
12-11-12, 08:25

Jakarta rental super solid leh... 10% per annum. Of course borrowing and deposit yield also solid... I wanted to go in and put my friend's name in proxy. Very trustworthy friend. Indonesian's are very trust worthy people. My personal experience, that is.

Lovelle
12-11-12, 08:26
Nut bro.. Good idea!

wow unheard of... which area is ur unit ?

chestnut
12-11-12, 08:28

Sis, I not smart. I am lazy.... My agent does all the work. I dont ask for super rental.... Because my units all make money.... Hahahaha. Also because I not selling wat....

My agent just tell me what needs to be done and gets it done for me. He very happy with me, I also very happy with him....

But I hate to shop, so leave everything to him. And he gets damn good rates for the shopping list. For white, please go for extended warranty OK.... This one important leh.... Remember hor.

:cheers3:

Laguna
12-11-12, 08:31
For white, please go for extended warranty OK.... This one important leh.... Remember hor.

for all the items I bot, I went for extended warranty, guess what, so far, none repair other than the DVD players, and they cannot do it...take weeks, so have to get new ones.

Anyway, as the prices of white are getting so cheap now, it may not be wise to go for extended...as the turnaround time could be rather long

toiletsiao
12-11-12, 08:32
My latest unit rented out to PR. The person has a unit in Orchard and rented my Pasir Panjang because wanted to be near work place at Vivo. Dont ask me why???? Anyway, no diplomatic clause as PR. So nab, nab, 2 year lease guaranteed with 1 year extension at prevailing market rate.

Hahahaha:cheers3:

i think he rented out his orchard unit for higher rent and rent from u in pasir panjang...nett basis he might stilll have surplus cash on top of being closer to his work place...:D

chestnut
12-11-12, 08:33
for all the items I bot, I went for extended warranty, guess what, so far, none repair other than the DVD players, and they cannot do it...take weeks, so have to get new ones.

Anyway, as the prices of white are getting so cheap now, it may not be wise to go for extended...as the turnaround time could be rather long

U lucky. My white spoil exactly after 2 yr. Cannot write off tax, so buy new 1. Then decided to get extended warranty.... Very most, shift your home white to rental place and wait for "replacement" white to come to your new place. Voila, you got yourself a new white.... Hahahaha

zeamybro
12-11-12, 08:41
U lucky. My white spoil exactly after 2 yr. Cannot write off tax, so buy new 1. Then decided to get extended warranty.... Very most, shift your home white to rental place and wait for "replacement" white to come to your new place. Voila, you got yourself a new white.... Hahahaha

I usually buy my whites from Harvey Norman cos there is this uncle quite nice la, always give me good prices without me asking. Extended warranty also can give discount one. But i believe prices almost same for all the big name stores, just that they take turn to have 'star buys' for diff brands/models at diff time of the yr. So look out for the star buys.

I will buy extended warranty only for fridge and washer, cos these bulky items they will send ppl to your house to repair on the spot. Smaller items i dont bother cos like what Laguna said, they are likely to bring back your faulty sets and will only get back to u weeks later. Then yr tenant will kpkb.

nav14
12-11-12, 08:41

YOu choose the curtain and get some neutral earthly tones which majority will not find objectionable. You cannot be changing curtains every time there is a new tenant. Jimmy Textiles at Tanjong Katong Complex is reasonably priced for curtains.

Shanhz
12-11-12, 08:43

you are very nice. i also rented to sgprean. sold and waiting to buy too (sold in 2009). owe me 2-3 months rental. ask them to F-off with 1 month notice.
later they fully paid me the outstanding rental. heng.

Shanhz
12-11-12, 08:45
Nut bro.. Good idea!

you should amortise your extra cost over 1 year, within the diplomatic clause period

chiaberry
12-11-12, 08:50
I usually buy my whites from Harvey Norman cos there is this uncle quite nice la, always give me good prices without me asking. Extended warranty also can give discount one. But i believe prices almost same for all the big name stores, just that they take turn to have 'star buys' for diff brands/models at diff time of the yr. So look out for the star buys.

I will buy extended warranty only for fridge and washer, cos these bulky items they will send ppl to your house to repair on the spot. Smaller items i dont bother cos like what Laguna said, they are likely to bring back your faulty sets and will only get back to u weeks later. Then yr tenant will kpkb.

Another vote for Harvey Norman here. I find their prices and service good. You can "bargain" with the sales person (I have a regular one I text when I need something and he will give all the quotes and model numbers for my consideration). They have your details on the computer so you can ask them to prepare the invoice for the short-listed item and you just go there and pay. No time wasted (unless you want to look around for a better bargain). I think worth it to buy ext warranty for washer but probably not for the rest. LG brand is good. Under the warranty period, they mostly come to your place within 24 hours. Registration of warranty is online so you don't have to worry about losing the cards.

East Lover
12-11-12, 08:50
YOu choose the curtain and get some neutral earthly tones which majority will not find objectionable. You cannot be changing curtains every time there is a new tenant. Jimmy Textiles at Tanjong Katong Complex is reasonably priced for curtains.
Thanks. my agent recommended that one also. ok, i will plan to go tomorow. Weekend/PH is really good for shopping :D

DC33_2008
12-11-12, 08:52
Suggest that you get those curtain contractors station on site first and get a quote first. Pricing will be more competitive. If you can find a very neighbours, you may get group discounts too. :D
We had Malaysian tenants before, yes they are good, but now seems no much budget to rent condo leh....

Indians usually cook a lot of oily food and daily, dear not to rent to them, provided ask $500 more for Reno fee 2 years later?!

East Lover
12-11-12, 08:52
for washer, shall I buy 2-in-1, or seperated washer + dryer? or no dryer at all??

developer provides very nice pull out hanging system, they can dry the laundry outside the aircond ledge with covering some more.

Shall we propose green life to tenant? :D

Sis, I not smart. I am lazy.... My agent does all the work. I dont ask for super rental.... Because my units all make money.... Hahahaha. Also because I not selling wat....

My agent just tell me what needs to be done and gets it done for me. He very happy with me, I also very happy with him....

But I hate to shop, so leave everything to him. And he gets damn good rates for the shopping list. For white, please go for extended warranty OK.... This one important leh.... Remember hor.

East Lover
12-11-12, 08:54
Suggest that you get those curtain contractors station on site first and get a quote first. Pricing will be more competitive. If you can find a very neighbours, you may get group discounts too. :D
not like my WV future neighbours, this condo very quiet leh, till now haven't found any neighbours yet. :(

give up the group discuounts liao. i do my own homework first :o

chiaberry
If you have the space, separate washer and dryer is better. When one breaks down, the other is still usable. In my experience, the 2 in 1 dryer function is not so good.

auroraborealis
wld rank singaporeans lowest on the tenant band; somehow we have better experience with foreigners

1) Filipinos
2) Indonesians
3) Chinese (hse not very clean but pay everything incld parquet polish)
4) Ang mos
5) Jap/Korean
6) SG

Disclaimer: just our personal experience/opinions with tenants renting from us

you are very nice. i also rented to sgprean. sold and waiting to buy too (sold in 2009). owe me 2-3 months rental. ask them to F-off with 1 month notice.
later they fully paid me the outstanding rental. heng.

East Lover
12-11-12, 08:56

but you have to arrange transport to swith your old white to rental unit, right?:beats-me-man:

zeamybro
12-11-12, 08:57
wow unheard of... which area is ur unit ?

Lovelle, since u r keen to know the details, let me share further here.

I have this D15 unit asking for 5.5k, partial furnish, but quite nicely done up. Then this angmoh family come and was given a 6.5k budget from his company. He wanted Carribeans initially but that unit asking 7K and he refused to top up the $500. So he wanna settle down for his 2nd choice which is my unit.

He made 2 proposals:

1) Give me 6.5K rental and wanted a very long list of items which include brand new sofa, brand new beds, 2 tvs, extra fridge, side table, dressing table and many many other smaller items. Agents told me all these can be done within 15K budget, but i get 24K more in rental for the 2yrs. I didnt accept as I was thinking what if he kena retrenched and ex diplomatic clause after 1 yr? Furnitures easy to buy and bring into the house, but v troublesometo get rid if future tenants dont want them.

2) Give me 6K rental and wanted only the standard items like bed and sofa, but i need to give him $6K cash voucher for furniture every year. I m not comfortable because its like helping him to 'cheat' his company for the $500 every month.

In fact i have had 2 similar encounters like this already. Another unit also asking 5.5K rental, partial furnish. This angmoh willing to give me 6.5k rental, but i need to give him 2K furniture voucher in cash every quarters. Before I could decide, he backed out... and settled down for the 5.5k. Think he also worried kena found out from his company HR.

DC33_2008
12-11-12, 08:58
Had done this once with an American and they will leave behind the furniture. There is an upfront risk as I will pay higher commission and tax, and I may just get a depreciated asset or even junk furniture after two years.
Nut bro.. Good idea!

East Lover
12-11-12, 08:59
Another vote for Harvey Norman here. I find their prices and service good. You can "bargain" with the sales person (I have a regular one I text when I need something and he will give all the quotes and model numbers for my consideration). They have your details on the computer so you can ask them to prepare the invoice for the short-listed item and you just go there and pay. No time wasted (unless you want to look around for a better bargain). I think worth it to buy ext warranty for washer but probably not for the rest. LG brand is good. Under the warranty period, they mostly come to your place within 24 hours. Registration of warranty is online so you don't have to worry about losing the cards.
I usually have the impression Harvey Norman is not cheap. Audio house is better.

Got 2 votes here for Havery Norman....Can PM me the nice sale person contact?

East Lover
12-11-12, 09:02
If you have the space, separate washer and dryer is better. When one breaks down, the other is still usable. In my experience, the 2 in 1 dryer function is not so good.
must buy dryer???

when i did some house viewing in US, i found out one very interesting thing - the japanese tanents still like to hang laundry (even in laundry room), but ang moh boo cha, just use dryer to dry.... so i wait to see first?

zeamybro
12-11-12, 09:02
Had done this once with an American and they will leave behind the furniture. There is an upfront risk as I will pay higher commission and tax, and I may just get a depreciated asset or even junk furniture after two years.

Yes, I was v fortunate to have this ang moh who left behind his less than 1-yr old Celini set (sofa, recliner, bed) and office table/chair set after he got sent back home.

But the problem is incoming tenants may not want them. Diff ppl diff taste.

DC33_2008
12-11-12, 09:04
Once I have bought a dining table and sofa set from courts before I find my tenant. The new tenant prefers his own choice and he exchange these two items with his own bedding items. Courts is quite flexible as they have not delivered the two items.

chestnut
12-11-12, 09:05
but you have to arrange transport to swith your old white to rental unit, right?:beats-me-man:

Sis, once you have many units, transport is cheap lah.... I only quote example. I have not exercised yet... The whites in my own house very ex one... Example - Folio fridge. Hahahaha

nav14
12-11-12, 09:07
I collected my key on last Tuesday, so far there is no call/viewing, even this Saturday & Sunday.

Is market cooling now? Or nov,dec not right season? Or my condo too new so too much choice??

Usually how long will it take to run out? Mine next to MRT, mall and business park, 2 bedder, quiet facing, but there are 400-500 for rent in propertyguru :doh: and 150 for 2 bedder :scared-5:

Firstly I would not give exclusive to one agt. I always advertise in ST classifieds and make sure the word "owner" is indicated in the ad. Purpose is not to get tenants directly as 99% of those looking for condos will get agts to search for them. So the purpose is to get my unit captured it the central database which all agts have access to. Somehow ads in ST classifieds do get into this database. Yes troublesome as you will have to answer so many calls and in most arrange for viewing yourself, but for me it has proven getting a tenant faster. With the agts being aware that they will get the full commission, they are more likely to push your unit more aggressively to their tenant.
Secondly for a studio or 2 bedder, I would fully furnish it with some designer touches. Most tenants for small units prefer it to be fully furnished. I usually spend around 5k more than another owner who fully furnishes his home and I believe in the long run , especially if you intend to keep the unit for 8-10yrs, you will not only recover the extra 5k but reap a profit. This again depends on your likely tenant profile. If in CCR with a higher rent and better tenant profile who will appreciate the additional designer touches, it will make a difference as compared to a suburban condo. I have an interest in ID so i usually engage my own electrician, carpenter, false ceiling contractor. A wall feature in the living room, some mirrors, a false ceiling, etc goes a long way in making your unit stand out. For one unit I got my unit done up within 2 weeks , advertised on a Friday and it was taken up on Saturday, while , others who got their keys 2 weeks earlier but left their units bare, were still looking for tenants a month later. Premium if any is very marginal, as my main purpose is to rent it at the upper end of market price, negate any negative orientation qualities and to get it rented out faster. My unit on the 13th flr with an obstructed view matches or exceeds the rent for a unit on the 30th floor with an open view. So doing up a place nicely does make a difference and will pay off.
For studios, one may even want to include things like a storage bed or customise additional storage space as base don my experience, tenants when they first go into a studio will be wondering where they are going to store their luggage, etc with such a small built in cabinet.

DC33_2008
12-11-12, 09:08
I will usually look out for pricing for tv, fridge, dryer, at best denki and Harvey Norman first. I will then call up a company in the west to check the price. I is usually 10-15% cheaper and with no GST and delivery charge. They will even remove my existing items for free.
I usually have the impression Harvey Norman is not cheap. Audio house is better.

Got 2 votes here for Havery Norman....Can PM me the nice sale person contact?

chestnut
12-11-12, 09:13
I will usually look out for pricing for tv, fridge, dryer, at best denki and Harvey Norman first. I will then call up a company in the west to check the price. I is usually 10-15% cheaper and with no GST and delivery charge. They will even remove my existing items for free.

Wah, bro, u put me to shame leh... I used to do that.... I get from a shop in Alexandra Village... Then as time went buy, I made more money and time more important to me than money....
I now get my agent to source in Best Denke, he arrange.... I use my best denke credit card and go extended warranty.... Then I ask them to arrange to call my agent. Agent will be there to accept delivery of the goods....

But East loves to shop, so this technique is useless to her.... Hahahaha

:cheers3::cheers3:

zeamybro
12-11-12, 09:14
for washer, shall I buy 2-in-1, or seperated washer + dryer? or no dryer at all??

developer provides very nice pull out hanging system, they can dry the laundry outside the aircond ledge with covering some more.

Shall we propose green life to tenant? :D

EastLover

I bought a 2-in-1 LG washer/dryer combo for my tenant, and he complains that it takes him 5hrs to complete a wash cycle for just a few pieces of his underwear. A separate dryer and washer will save your tenant a lot of time, and also electricity (although u r not paying).

Also, i think only euro brands like electrolux and bosch have full dryer functions for their combo. Other korean brands the combo do not really come with full dryer functions ... meaning your cloths wont get completely dry.

chestnut
12-11-12, 09:17
Bro, always go for separate.... You can wash and dry at the same time....
My own home, I use separate. Now you all know why my PUB bill so high... Hahahahaha

If money can solve problem, I use money... I stating my life.... Not Hau Lian hor... My biggest fear in life is money cannot solve the problem, then damn siong liao.

EastLover

I bought a 2-in-1 LG washer/dryer combo for my tenant, and he complains that it takes him 5hrs to complete a wash cycle for just a few pieces of his underwear. A separate dryer and washer will save your tenant a lot of time, and also electricity (although u r not paying).

Also, i think only euro brands like electrolux and bosch have full dryer functions for their combo. Other korean brands the combo do not really come with full dryer functions ... meaning your cloths wont get completely dry.

heroes
12-11-12, 09:19
how come got such rule in jakarta?

it is your house...you can do whatever you like.. ,right?

actually not its not rule... but mostly expat in jakarta want fullyfurnished unit

zeamybro
12-11-12, 09:21
Firstly I would not give exclusive to one agt. I always advertise in ST classifieds and make sure the word "owner" is indicated in the ad. Purpose is not to get tenants directly as 99% of those looking for condos will get agts to search for them. So the purpose is to get my unit captured it the central database which all agts have access to. Somehow ads in ST classifieds do get into this database. Yes troublesome as you will have to answer so many calls and in most arrange for viewing yourself, but for me it has proven getting a tenant faster. With the agts being aware that they will get the full commission, they are more likely to push your unit more aggressively to their tenant.
Secondly for a studio or 2 bedder, I would fully furnish it with some designer touches. Most tenants for small units prefer it to be fully furnished. I usually spend around 5k more than another owner who fully furnishes his home and I believe in the long run , especially if you intend to keep the unit for 8-10yrs, you will not only recover the extra 5k but reap a profit. This again depends on your likely tenant profile. If in CCR with a higher rent and better tenant profile who will appreciate the additional designer touches, it will make a difference as compared to a suburban condo. I have an interest in ID so i usually engage my own electrician, carpenter, false ceiling contractor. A wall feature in the living room, some mirrors, a false ceiling, etc goes a long way in making your unit stand out. For one unit I got my unit done up within 2 weeks , advertised on a Friday and it was taken up on Saturday, while , others who got their keys 2 weeks earlier but left their units bare, were still looking for tenants a month later. Premium if any is very marginal, as my main purpose is to rent it at the upper end of market price, negate any negative orientation qualities and to get it rented out faster. My unit on the 13th flr with an obstructed view matches or exceeds the rent for a unit on the 30th floor with an open view. So doing up a place nicely does make a difference and will pay off.
For studios, one may even want to include things like a storage bed or customise additional storage space as base don my experience, tenants when they first go into a studio will be wondering where they are going to store their luggage, etc with such a small built in cabinet.

nav14 - for a moment, i thought i am alone, but am glad to have someone sharing similar thoughts and adopting similar strategies. I also adv on ST and dont engage exlusive agents. I will also spend some $$ to do up the houses nicely to make them stand out amongst the neighbours.

eastlover sis - for someone who is out there to max rental profit, of cos he will spend the least to get the max returns. But since u r not waiting for rentals to cover your mortgage loans, PLUS u enjoy shopping, mabbe can strike a balance, shop and do up a little, make your life happy also la, haha. By the way, if u r keen in Harvey, look for Mr Alan at Millenia Walk.

Rysk
12-11-12, 09:24
I think 2-bedder not only can rent out faster.. Rent yield oso better.. My fren Caspian bought $8xxk from subsale KPKB say ex.. After TOP 1-mth found a tenant who's paying him $3.5k..... Wow! 5% rent yield! Now never hear him KPKB ardy:D

DC33_2008
12-11-12, 09:24
Wow, you are a very good landlord. My units are usually lease bare minimum. Negotiate upon request. But I must qualify that location must be good, 2nd highest floor of the development, have great view and develooment should not be more than 250 units. They will come streaming in to view rather than being held hostage by them. Hence, I have learnt that the property must have good attributes.

phantom_opera
12-11-12, 09:27
frankly speaking, don't expect too high rental at OCR when there is ample supply of new projects in the market

yield compression is the name of game ... be happy even with 3% net yield

DC33_2008
12-11-12, 09:29
I enjoy going through the process and therefore do not think it is wasting time. My agents cannot pull a fast one at me as I understand the current ground condition. Saving can be as much as 20% for some model. :D
Wah, bro, u put me to shame leh... I used to do that.... I get from a shop in Alexandra Village... Then as time went buy, I made more money and time more important to me than money....
I now get my agent to source in Best Denke, he arrange.... I use my best denke credit card and go extended warranty.... Then I ask them to arrange to call my agent. Agent will be there to accept delivery of the goods....

heroes
12-11-12, 09:29
Jakarta rental super solid leh... 10% per annum. Of course borrowing and deposit yield also solid... I wanted to go in and put my friend's name in proxy. Very trustworthy friend. Indonesian's are very trust worthy people. My personal experience, that is.
with today price..its hard to get 10%annum. Now avg is about 8%.. lending rate here is high ( 8-9% per annum)..

chestnut
12-11-12, 09:32
with today price..its hard to get 10%annum. Now avg is about 8%.. lending rate here is high ( 8-9% per annum)..

Yup. I was actually referring to 2 years ago.... Now i not sure of Indo market. Hahahaha, But price shot up better than Singapore over past 2 years.

So congrats.:cheers3:

chestnut
12-11-12, 09:35
I enjoy going through the process and therefore do not think it is wasting time. My agents cannot pull a fast one at me as I understand the current ground condition. Saving can be as much as 20% for some model. :D

Bro, dont get me wrong lah, I am not saying wasting time lah... Many people derive pleasure from many diff ways. My wife and kids love to shop and shop and shop.... See also shiok... I go in, tell them, give me 5 of this t-shirt and get out.... So if you enjoy it, please go ahead....
Me, i lazy guy.... Love people to get things done for me, so I have more time on my hands.... Hahahaha

nav14
12-11-12, 09:37

The Jap wife usually insists on a bathtub. Had one Jap couple who really liked my unit but rejected it just because the wife wanted a bathtub.

carbuncle
12-11-12, 09:42
the thing abt 2in1 is also the wash load if full must b split into two for drying

nav14
12-11-12, 09:45
Wow, you are a very good landlord. My units are usually lease bare minimum. Negotiate upon request. But I must qualify that location must be good, 2nd highest floor of the development, have great view and develooment should not be more than 250 units. They will come streaming in to view rather than being held hostage by them. Hence, I have learnt that the property must have good attributes.

For me location must be good but orientation need not be the best if I am not staying there. I rather pay 100k lesser for a unit on the 10th floor with partial blocked view than one on the 25th floor with open view, as with 5k more $$ being spent on the decor, the tenant may just forget about the view and end up giving you the same rent (this worked for me so far). My yield would be higher.
After my 120 unit condo increased its maintenance fees from $330 to $450 for a 2 bedder, I told myself no more small developments for me. I rather go for developments with more than 250 units. For large developments, it is only upon TOP that it will take longer to rent out and rents may take a hit for a resale unit in a large development, the negative impact will be much lesser.

leesg123
12-11-12, 09:49
If money can solve problem, I use money... I stating my life.... Not Hau Lian hor... My biggest fear in life is money cannot solve the problem, then damn siong liao. :2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents: totally agree on this.

chiaberry
12-11-12, 09:51
the thing abt 2in1 is also the wash load if full must b split into two for drying

Agree that this is very troublesome. As mentioned, 2 in 1 is a better choice if there is space constraint. Otherwise separate washer dryer is more practical. Since sis East Lover unit has a good laundry drying system, if it were me, I would buy the washer first and only consider the dryer if the tenant requests (and if there is space for it).

East Lover
12-11-12, 09:55
Agree that this is very troublesome. As mentioned, 2 in 1 is a better choice if there is space constraint. Otherwise separate washer dryer is more practical. Since sis East Lover unit has a good laundry drying system, if it were me, I would buy the washer first and only consider the dryer if the tenant requests (and if there is space for it).
Got space for dryer but we can tell tenant to use for other purpose ;)

East Lover
12-11-12, 10:17
Wow u made me so attempted! My agent and my hubby will start to worry liao :D

East Lover
12-11-12, 10:18
nav14 - for a moment, i thought i am alone, but am glad to have someone sharing similar thoughts and adopting similar strategies. I also adv on ST and dont engage exlusive agents. I will also spend some $$ to do up the houses nicely to make them stand out amongst the neighbours.

eastlover sis - for someone who is out there to max rental profit, of cos he will spend the least to get the max returns. But since u r not waiting for rentals to cover your mortgage loans, PLUS u enjoy shopping, mabbe can strike a balance, shop and do up a little, make your life happy also la, haha. By the way, if u r keen in Harvey, look for Mr Alan at Millenia Walk.
Thanks! My bro :)

chestnut
12-11-12, 10:23
Wah, Sis, after this, u can compile a book on how to effectively rent your condo and make money !!! Hahaha:cheers3:

East Lover
12-11-12, 10:24
Bro, my time is much less expensive than urs :D

PSLE over liao, no more endless tuition classes in weekend, me only left facial and nail appoinment in orchard. Very bored leh :)

So many promotion in the newspaper. Really eager to shop now :D

East Lover
12-11-12, 10:27
Wah, Sis, after this, u can compile a book on how to effectively rent your condo and make money !!! Hahaha:cheers3:
Why not we work together? Easy landlord, refer to ur session, gancheong landlord refer to mine, very hands-on landlord, refer to my bro zea :D

chestnut
12-11-12, 10:28
Hahaha.. My salary only 2k per month la... U want to hire me??? Please, please, pretty, pretty please.

:D:D:D

Bro, my time is much less expensive than urs :D

PSLE over liao, no more endless tuition classes in weekend, me only left facial and nail appoinment in orchard. Very bored leh :)

So many promotion in the newspaper. Really eager to shop now :D

chiaberry
12-11-12, 10:33
By the way, if u r keen in Harvey, look for Mr Alan at Millenia Walk.

In the past, I always thought that HN was expensive. But after comparing prices between Best Denki, AH, I find the prices at HN can be cheaper for the same model. I also enquired prices at those stand-alone shops with no GST etc. But they are also not that cheap. And I prefer to have the extended warranty (cannot get from the stand-alone shops) and to be able to use my credit card to get the points (from time to time there will be a good deal on the points or rebates etc....now Xmas is coming up should be some deals as the market is v. competitive).

Ringo33
12-11-12, 10:34
I always believe in renovating my apartment and extracting the maximum potential out of it before i rent it out. And most of the time, the benefits will outweigh the cost due to few simple reasons.

1) If you have so many units fighting for tenant, the one who stand out the most will usually get rented out first.

2) If tenant love your place, they are most likely to want to live there for long haul instead of always searching around to find the best bang for their bucks. So reduces your cost of having to find for new tenant

3) When you decide to sell the apartment with tenancy in a few years time, it is always good to show potential buyers a well renovated apartment so that you can get the best price for you units.

Having said that, dont go crazy with ID as most expat prefer simple design with fresh white paints, nice matching day and night curtains, proper lighting and clean toilet

dtrax
12-11-12, 10:39
interesting share... can machiam compile a list of 101 tips n tricks for renting out ur apartments lol :) :)

chestnut
12-11-12, 10:42
interesting share... can machiam compile a list of 101 tips n tricks for renting out ur apartments lol :) :)

Bro, u always do compilation... So this one will definitely come in handy to you. Hahahaha:cheers3:

zeamybro
12-11-12, 10:49
Why not we work together? Easy landlord, refer to ur session, gancheong landlord refer to mine, very hands-on landlord, refer to my bro zea :D

Sis, u r v popular in the forum ah. Just a few hrs overnight your thread accumulated more than 17 pages with many wonderful bros/sis here sharing the joy and their valuable experiences in rental with u.

Many friends disagree with my way of doing things as they feel i hv spent too much effort just to rent out my house. But our v wise bro chestnut has given us a v wise statement that diff ppl derive pleasures in diff ways, so we accept diveristy and cant say who is right/wrong. But i believe next time when i grow older i will follow their footsteps and leave everything to the agent. Right now, i still enjoy the process.

zeamybro
12-11-12, 10:50
Bro, u always do compilation... So this one will definitely come in handy to you. Hahahaha:cheers3:

dtrax is another guru here... most of the time he quiet quiet but when he starts sharing... waaaaaaaaa

dtrax
12-11-12, 11:04
dtrax is another guru here... most of the time he quiet quiet but when he starts sharing... waaaaaaaaa

haha i still have much more to learn :47:

East Lover
12-11-12, 11:10
Many kind hearted guru here contributed a lot! Thanks all of u.

Not me popular, is the subject very relavent to the life experience :) don't forget we have so many experienced landlords here :)

Sis, u r v popular in the forum ah. Just a few hrs overnight your thread accumulated more than 17 pages with many wonderful bros/sis here sharing the joy and their valuable experiences in rental with u.

Many friends disagree with my way of doing things as they feel i hv spent too much effort just to rent out my house. But our v wise bro chestnut has given us a v wise statement that diff ppl derive pleasures in diff ways, so we accept diveristy and cant say who is right/wrong. But i believe next time when i grow older i will follow their footsteps and leave everything to the agent. Right now, i still enjoy the process.

cnud
12-11-12, 11:17
U used as weekend house during that 2 mths or really stayed there??

Agent said if stay first, then not brand new unit liao, can't rent at good price. :( .

For rental, I like to go for resale with TA already in motion. Save the hassle to look out for new tenants, etc.

I like to stay in BUC when TOP.

East Lover
12-11-12, 11:23
now I fully understand what do you mean... :o

competing with 100+ units for rent fast is really no fun, even thoug maybe half of the post in guru are duplicated?

For rental, I like to go for resale with TA already in motion. Save the hassle to look out for new tenants, etc.

I like to stay in BUC when TOP.

chestnut
12-11-12, 11:29
now I fully understand what do you mean... :o

competing with 100+ units for rent fast is really no fun, even thoug maybe half of the post in guru are duplicated?
Sis, can I ask u a question??? Is your newly top condo price already up??? How many K or % up???

to me, this part is the fun part wat???? So I :confused::confused:

This is the main course.

The rental is the kopi.... Or should I say Latte.

cnud
12-11-12, 11:36
Sis, can I ask u a question??? Is your newly top condo price already up??? How many K or % up???

This is the main course.

Now how to eat main course everyday? Or every year? Like election must wait 4 years minimum.

chestnut
12-11-12, 11:40
Now how to eat main course everyday? Or every year? Like election must wait 4 years minimum.

Bro, Sis East just top, so got main course....

Those recent ones, I agree, main course only after 4 years... Maybe by then, main course already spoilt... So have to be careful. But there is a way around it if you have a few units bot previously... Got it???

cnud
12-11-12, 11:47
Bro, Sis East just top, so got main course....

Those recent ones, I agree, main course only after 4 years... Maybe by then, main course already spoilt... So have to be careful. But there is a way around it if you have a few units bot previously... Got it???

To get rid of seller's remorse, immediately buy in after selling..:tongue3:

august
12-11-12, 12:06

yes confirm, a lot dont even put curtains or decking.

august
12-11-12, 12:27
I always believe in renovating my apartment and extracting the maximum potential out of it before i rent it out. And most of the time, the benefits will outweigh the cost due to few simple reasons.

1) If you have so many units fighting for tenant, the one who stand out the most will usually get rented out first.

2) If tenant love your place, they are most likely to want to live there for long haul instead of always searching around to find the best bang for their bucks. So reduces your cost of having to find for new tenant

3) When you decide to sell the apartment with tenancy in a few years time, it is always good to show potential buyers a well renovated apartment so that you can get the best price for you units.

Having said that, dont go crazy with ID as most expat prefer simple design with fresh white paints, nice matching day and night curtains, proper lighting and clean toilet

likeability of ID can be sometimes subjective. i've seen some units at superb locations but the owner go put in very specific theme-based ID e.g. classical china style, or balinese style... is either the tenants love it or hate it. LOL

DC33_2008
12-11-12, 12:51
Wow. So high. My D1 unit maintenance is half of yours. Yes, never go for development less than 200.
For me location must be good but orientation need not be the best if I am not staying there. I rather pay 100k lesser for a unit on the 10th floor with partial blocked view than one on the 25th floor with open view, as with 5k more $$ being spent on the decor, the tenant may just forget about the view and end up giving you the same rent (this worked for me so far). My yield would be higher.
After my 120 unit condo increased its maintenance fees from $330 to $450 for a 2 bedder, I told myself no more small developments for me. I rather go for developments with more than 250 units. For large developments, it is only upon TOP that it will take longer to rent out and rents may take a hit for a resale unit in a large development, the negative impact will be much lesser.

nav14
12-11-12, 13:21
Wow. So high. My D1 unit maintenance is half of yours. Yes, never go for development less than 200.

This is in D 11. The mgt council went for top of the range cleaning company, security agency, etc. Had to make noise during AGM and now they are sourcing for cheaper alternatives and how to cut cost. I even ended up making recommendations on cheaper value for money contractors. Sometimes the council in such condos who are already well off think that money grows on tree, just go for the most expensive. More expensive contractor means must be excellent service.

East Lover
12-11-12, 13:22

This is the main course.

based on asking price, yes, seems a lot of K up...:)

but hoh, just a paper gain wah, you can only gain a lot of K if you cash out right? But where to park those cash? interest so low, no other place to invest. so the best, is still property. let the rental to be part of passive income :cheers1:

East Lover
12-11-12, 13:25
This is in D 11. The mgt council went for top of the range cleaning company, security agency, etc. Had to make noise during AGM and now they are sourcing for cheaper alternatives and how to cut cost. I even ended up making recommendations on cheaper value for money contractors. Sometimes the council in such condos who are already well off think that money grows on tree, just go for the most expensive. More expensive contractor means must be excellent service.
the one we visited yesterday also a small project, a lot of 2+1, 1+1, i can foresee most of buyers are buying for rental, not for own stay, such project will easily run down, which will result a huge maitenance cost :beats-me-man: . Agreed, should avoid too small project for investement.

chestnut
12-11-12, 13:26
based on asking price, yes, seems a lot of K up...:)

but hoh, just a paper gain wah, you can only gain a lot of K if you cash out right? But where to park those cash? interest so low, no other place to invest. so the best, is still property. let the rental to be part of passive income :cheers1:

You so cute.... Did you know if prices go up, rental will also chase the price....

Remember, now u have a choice.
1. Cash out or
2. Dont cash out and just draw from rental.

Better position than :
1. Prices drop
2. rental market depress and no rentees.

So at least no stress rite??? But I know how u feel. Many people are insatiable. I am no exception.

Hahaha :cheers3:

chestnut
12-11-12, 13:27
the sunday we visited also a small project, a lot of 2+1, 1+1, i can foresee most of buyers are buying for rental, not for own stay, such project will easily run down, which will result a huge maitenance cost :beats-me-man: . Agreed, should avoid too small project for investement.

Disagree 1,000 %....

nav14
12-11-12, 13:29
In the past, I always thought that HN was expensive. But after comparing prices between Best Denki, AH, I find the prices at HN can be cheaper for the same model. I also enquired prices at those stand-alone shops with no GST etc. But they are also not that cheap. And I prefer to have the extended warranty (cannot get from the stand-alone shops) and to be able to use my credit card to get the points (from time to time there will be a good deal on the points or rebates etc....now Xmas is coming up should be some deals as the market is v. competitive).

HN, Best Denki, Courts can yield some great bargains from time to time on specific models but generally I usually end up buying at Maximum Credit which have another outlet in Bukit Merah by another name. I will research my models from these large retailers, copy down the model no, give Maximum Credit a call for a better price and get it delivered with no deposit but just by a phone call.

East Lover
12-11-12, 13:33
Disagree 1,000 %....
why why why?

East Lover
12-11-12, 13:40
I accidentially click this one, so funny to see how "Bing" translated our conversation.

I'm 东的情人 while chasenut is 板栗!!! 笑煞我了!!:D :D :D http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=zh-CHS&a=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.condosingapore.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Fs%3D3dde1253a8a0397e6deb4d3f1d4f54b8%26t%3D15642%26page%3D19

phantom_opera
12-11-12, 13:42
I accidentially click this one, so funny to see how "Bing" translated our conversation.

I'm 东的情人 while chasenut is 板栗!!! 笑煞我了!!:D :D :D http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=zh-CHS&a=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.condosingapore.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Fs%3D3dde1253a8a0397e6deb4d3f1d4f54b8%26t%3D15642%26page%3D19

at least not 东方不败

nav14
12-11-12, 13:44
why why why?

Projects below 80 units should definitely be avoided , unless you intend to hold it no longer than 5yrs after TOP. Suites@Laurel studio owners already asked to pay $400+ in maintenance and it is brand new. After 5 yrs time it will be close to $600.

East Lover
12-11-12, 13:49
Projects below 80 units should definitely be avoided , unless you intend to hold it no longer than 5yrs after TOP. Suites@Laurel studio owners already asked to pay $400+ in maintenance and it is brand new. After 5 yrs time it will be close to $600.
bro chasenut 1000% disagreed to avoid small project, thus i asked why...

hyenergix
12-11-12, 13:59

Security guards are not cheap. If there is no guard, I expect maintenance to be lower.

phantom_opera
12-11-12, 14:27
fees of security guards can only go up, didn't u read about cleaning service fee gone up from $2xx to $6xx for certain hawker centers ... now they want u to return the trays liao

hyenergix
12-11-12, 15:10
Residents take turn to do guard duty?

East Lover
12-11-12, 15:18
Residents take turn to do guard duty?
just implement auto security system, in out by access card can do lah.;)

but small development or majority landord proect eventually become nobody's child as landloard not stay in, tenant careless.

i remember some expert shared such feeling in The Sail thread, although it's big project, but if majority owners are landlord, it will run down very fast.

East Lover
12-11-12, 15:24
i called, they quoted me about $1800 but on site vendor only 1300! :doh:

DC33_2008
12-11-12, 15:39
I have tried this before. You may want to try Kong Tai. Just tell them the model and get the price. They will send to you once it is confirmed via phone and pay cash. No GST.
HN, Best Denki, Courts can yield some great bargains from time to time on specific models but generally I usually end up buying at Maximum Credit which have another outlet in Bukit Merah by another name. I will research my models from these large retailers, copy down the model no, give Maximum Credit a call for a better price and get it delivered with no deposit but just by a phone call.

DC33_2008
12-11-12, 15:41
Go for grade B insteads or grade A but need to bear with the effectiveness.
Security guards are not cheap. If there is no guard, I expect maintenance to be lower.

chestnut
12-11-12, 15:42

Wah, u also in mgmt committee.... Hahahah...

zeamybro
12-11-12, 15:42

what about spotlight at Plaza Sing? and also Franc Franc at Vivo?

East Lover
12-11-12, 15:45
I have tried this before. You may want to try Kong Tai. Just tell them the model and get the price. They will send to you once it is confirmed via phone and pay cash. No GST.

Thanks!

Got any recommendation at east side? :D

Kong Tai Electrical Trading

#01-221, 504 Jurong West Street 51 (http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_1/travel_site_115609/5/), (S)640504 (http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_1/travel_site_115609/singapore_2/)
6565 8924

Maximum Credit Co Pte Ltd (http://www.streetdirectory.com/businessfinder/company_detail.php?companyid=65636&branchid=7828)

Kreta Ayer Shop Houses (http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_4817/travel_site_1829/), 272 South Bridge Road (http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_4817/travel_site_1829/5/), (S)058821 (http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_4817/travel_site_1829/singapore_2/)

DC33_2008
12-11-12, 15:50
Kong Tai delivers to anywhere in Singapore without delivery charge and no removal charge. :D
Thanks!

#01-221, 504 Jurong West Street 51 (http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_1/travel_site_115609/5/), (S)640504 (http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_1/travel_site_115609/singapore_2/)
6565 8924

Maximum Credit Co Pte Ltd (http://www.streetdirectory.com/businessfinder/company_detail.php?companyid=65636&branchid=7828)

Kreta Ayer Shop Houses (http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_4817/travel_site_1829/), 272 South Bridge Road (http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_4817/travel_site_1829/5/), (S)058821 (http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_4817/travel_site_1829/singapore_2/)

nav14
12-11-12, 15:53

Should go down and look at material quality as it may differ from what is being offered by on site vendor and negotiate. I have always found them reasonable and I am someone who does lots of research. Just placed an order with them yesterday. Total length 22ft long x 8ft height around $900+ for a set of blackout and day curtains.

zeamybro
12-11-12, 15:53
Kong Tai delivers to anywhere in Singapore without delivery charge and no removal charge. :D

DC bro.. thanks for the lobang. Die die also must record down the contacts.

DC33_2008
12-11-12, 15:54
Good network with high level residents like senior civil servant, one tent cheong's son, etc. Can also source for new property investment opportunity locally and internationall with quite a number of them having more three or more properties. Trying to get into the vvip invitation list of southbeach. :)
Wah, u also in mgmt committee.... Hahahah...

chestnut
12-11-12, 15:57
Good network with high level residents like senior civil servant, one tent cheong's son, etc. Can also source for new property investment opportunity locally and internationall with quite a number of them having more three or more properties. :)
Wah, your network far and wide.... Machiam spider web.... Hahaha

Well done my friend.... Network very important leh...

Bro, just in case u didnt get my message... Please look into 3d printer shares/stocks in us. Enter with some kopi money. Do research on your own OK on which stocks...

DC33_2008
12-11-12, 16:00
Good deal is always through inner circle. Must stay connected with my friend who is the developer of Miltonia skies to see if he is launching more upmarket project.
Wah, your network far and wide.... Machiam spider web.... Hahaha

Well done my friend.... Network very important leh...

chestnut
12-11-12, 16:00
Wa, u damn on man.... I kaput already....

Now winding down....:cool:

nav14
12-11-12, 16:01

When evaluating the security companies one key indicator is what salary they are offering their guards. The higher the salary, the lesser the turnover and better the quality of guards. Grade B or A does not really matter as I have come across Grade A companies which pay their guards at lower end of the salary range ($1500 -1600) and have problem providing quality guards while another security company which is new in the business offering $1900 to their guards and have been doing a much better job in terms of turnover and supply of quality guards . Both quoted $2750 per guard. So one make lesser profit than the other.

nav14
12-11-12, 16:08
DC bro.. thanks for the lobang. Die die also must record down the contacts.
The following are the contacts to call and compare prices for electrical products. All very well priced and most can deliver with just a phone call.

a) Maximum Credit
b) Hong Liang (subsidiary of above but prices may still differ)
c) Everjoint (but will expect a deposit and will always ask you to come down and discuss for better price)
d) Goh Ah Bee
e) Euromark (prices gone up slightly lately)
f) Kong Tai (as recommended by DC)

carbuncle
12-11-12, 16:14
east lover. bedok electrical ctr or parisilk. same row opp bedok point.

nav14
12-11-12, 16:15
Thanks!

6565 8924

Does not matter where they are located as they only have a limited range on display but are able to supply any model that the big retailers are carrying. They mostly work on call and deliver model and for 90% of their sales they will not even see their client's face. You can ask them to recommend the most value for money model meant for tenants or personal use and they will recommend. Most agts furnishing the apts for owners also buy from these neighbourhood shops.

zeamybro
12-11-12, 16:24
east lover. bedok electrical ctr or parisilk. same row opp bedok point.

carbuncle... oh there is this shop the boss is indian right? He could speak mandarin and all chinese dialects except hainanese. So when i started conversing that with my mum.. he said "win liao lor.. like that i dont understand what u all are talking abt". LOL

chestnut
12-11-12, 16:31
carbuncle... oh there is this shop the boss is indian right? He could speak mandarin and all chinese dialects except hainanese. So when i started conversing that with my mum.. he said "win liao lor.. like that i dont understand what u all are talking abt". LOL

Haha.. So u bo bus chay taxi.... No offence... TCSS. Tomorrow holiday...

Ringo33
12-11-12, 16:49
The following are the contacts to call and compare prices for electrical products. All very well priced and most can deliver with just a phone call.

a) Maximum Credit
b) Hong Liang (subsidiary of above but prices may still differ)
c) Everjoint (but will expect a deposit and will always ask you to come down and discuss for better price)
d) Goh Ah Bee
e) Euromark (prices gone up slightly lately)
f) Kong Tai (as recommended by DC)

i always shop mega discount store UE square branch. They are one of the bigger player with with wide variety and the prices are always negotiable, much better than other shops. Best is to speak to the boss directly

East Lover
12-11-12, 16:51
Does not matter where they are located as they only have a limited range on display but are able to supply any model that the big retailers are carrying. They mostly work on call and deliver model and for 90% of their sales they will not even see their client's face. You can ask them to recommend the most value for money model meant for tenants or personal use and they will recommend. Most agts furnishing the apts for owners also buy from these neighbourhood shops.
I really love this forum!

thanks a lot! bro nav, uncle carb, and bro DC, Ringo and of course, bro chesnut (did you try the traslation by Bing???)

East Lover
12-11-12, 16:55
Should go down and look at material quality as it may differ from what is being offered by on site vendor and negotiate. I have always found them reasonable and I am someone who does lots of research. Just placed an order with them yesterday. Total length 22ft long x 8ft height around $900+ for a set of blackout and day curtains.
my unit only morning sun, still need blackout?

by the way, need full set of curtain (day+night) for living hall and bedrooms?

East Lover
12-11-12, 16:57
what about spotlight at Plaza Sing? and also Franc Franc at Vivo?
spotlight not cheap leh. did one set daily curtain only 10 years ago, already 1k liao :D

but thanks a lot for the sharing. sorry forgot to add you in my previous poast :ashamed1:

Laguna
12-11-12, 16:59
Hi Sis East Lover
after so much hardwork, pl sum up your work for us to save some afforts as well.

East Lover
12-11-12, 17:03
Hi Sis East Lover
after so much hardwork, pl sum up your work for us to save some afforts as well.
bro chesnut, bro zea will work with me together to compose one book called "new landlord 101" hahaha:D

just back from your day tour? how is it?

East Lover
12-11-12, 17:31
Dear all, can recommend some electronical man? I need to install 15 lights and shift 3-4 light position. Expensive?

price
12-11-12, 19:31
talking about white goods, isnt it good to buy MM projects then? Since most of them come fully equipped. Some even with top branded ones :D:cheers2:

dtrax
12-11-12, 19:37
talking about white goods, isnt it good to buy MM projects then? Since most of them come fully equipped. Some even with top branded ones :D:cheers2:

yup all inclusive.. wine chiller, washer/dryer, kopi machine and more!

hyenergix
12-11-12, 20:38
yup all inclusive.. wine chiller, washer/dryer, kopi machine and more!

I have not seen kopi machine and wine chiller being offered by developer before in OCR for MM apartment. Extra maid and car are also offered?

Ringo33
12-11-12, 20:47
I have not seen kopi machine and wine chiller being offered by developer before in OCR for MM apartment. Extra maid and car are also offered?

Seahill is one such project.

The disadvantage of having too many whistle and bell is the maintenance cost. once it past the warranty period repair will be expensive and tenant is not going to pay for it.

dtrax
12-11-12, 21:01

The disadvantage of having too many whistle and bell is the maintenance cost. once it past the warranty period repair will be expensive and tenant is not going to pay for it.

Take back home n enjoy

hyenergix
12-11-12, 21:05

I visited seahill but I din take notice of those bells and whistles. Prob really not interested in FEO projects.

Khng8
12-11-12, 21:30
I visited seahill but I din take notice of those bells and whistles. Prob really not interested in FEO projects.
I used to think their projects are not attractive. But having seen Capland's projects, would think FEO is much better.
However my experience is confined to FEO showflat only. Build quality of recent projects I am not sure.

East Lover
13-11-12, 15:29
Finally got one viewing! One week after key collected :o

But agent said the son doesn't like the project, so have to wait for next viewing which is tomorrow.hope there is some good news :cheers1:

I'm going to do sit inspection this Friday and install lighting this Sat... Curtain next week.

万事俱备,只欠东风 :D dear good tenant, where are you???:D :D

DC33_2008
13-11-12, 15:38
Take it easy. Local or foreigner?
Finally got one viewing! One week after key collected :o

But agent said the son doesn't like the project, so have to wait for next viewing which is tomorrow.hope there is some good news :cheers1:

I'm going to do sit inspection this Friday and install lighting this Sat... Curtain next week.

万事俱备,只欠东风 :D dear good tenant, where are you???:D :D

East Lover
13-11-12, 16:40
Take it easy. Local or foreigner?
Today viewing is local, son study in the new university. Tomorrow is foreigner family, company lease.

minority
13-11-12, 16:50
Relax typically take up to 2 mths.

DC33_2008
13-11-12, 19:41
Foreigner better than local. Corporate lease even better. Interesting uni student rent to be closer to university.
Today viewing is local, son study in the new university. Tomorrow is foreigner family, company lease.

Komo
13-11-12, 20:01
just leased out after one day viewing:jump-for-joy:

CondoInterested
13-11-12, 20:03
carbuncle... oh there is this shop the boss is indian right? He could speak mandarin and all chinese dialects except hainanese. So when i started conversing that with my mum.. he said "win liao lor.. like that i dont understand what u all are talking abt". LOLMe speak too.

@chestnut, you what dialect?

East Lover
13-11-12, 20:09
just leased out after one day viewing:jump-for-joy:
So lucky? Ur new project also? Congrats !

East Lover
13-11-12, 20:15
Foreigner better than local. Corporate lease even better. Interesting uni student rent to be closer to university.
Hopefully tomorrow can lease out! :ashamed1:

Initially I thought a young family as my agent said viewer is young lady, end up a young mother with uni son.:o I only know parents tend to stay near to young children school, but not university :p

chestnut
13-11-12, 20:38
Me speak too.

@chestnut, you what dialect?

A very unique dialect.

Heng Hua.

Ng Teng Fong also 1. Springleaf developer (defunct) also 1. Quite close to hokkien.

Most of this dialect group own bicycle shops.

zeamybro
13-11-12, 22:01
A very unique dialect.

Heng Hua.

Ng Teng Fong also 1. Springleaf developer (defunct) also 1. Quite close to hokkien.

Nut bro, thought u also Bo bus chay taxi.... I realized Heng hua ppl have this typical look - guys with small slanted eyes. At least I see two of my colleagues and one outside friend look like this.

East lover sis, good luck to your viewing tmr!

chestnut
14-11-12, 05:13
Nut bro, thought u also Bo bus chay taxi.... I realized Heng hua ppl have this typical look - guys with small slanted eyes. At least I see two of my colleagues and one outside friend look like this.

Bro, 1 day we may meet and u can give your honest view of me.

Hahahaha:cheers4: :cheers4:

supermax
14-11-12, 07:11
A very unique dialect.

Heng Hua.

:cheers3:I am Heng Hua too.Whenever my family speaks at home,people thought we r quarelling.The dialect need to speak loud.:p

roly8
14-11-12, 07:37
i never know got 'heng hua' dialect until now. How does it sound like?

i know got hokkien, teochew, cantonese..

chestnut
14-11-12, 07:52
I am Heng Hua too.Whenever my family speaks at home,people thought we r quarelling.The dialect need to speak loud.:p
Hahaha, we are the loudest speaking group.
You must love Pu Tien alot. When I go there, I speak with them Heng Hua.

We call it pa meen, over there it is called lor mee.

Nice to know there are heng huas around. Cheers bro.

:cheers4::cheers4:

chestnut
14-11-12, 07:53

i know got hokkien, teochew, cantonese..

Bro, Ng Teng Fong is Heng Hua.
The Springleaf group (now defunct) also Heng Hua.

chestnut
14-11-12, 08:04
Sis East Lover, please print this form in case u need it. Hopefully u dont. Hahahaha

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/uploadedFiles/Quick_Links/Tax_forms/Property/Microsoft%20Word%20-%20claimforrefundofpropertytaxforanunoccupiedbuildingirin-1(2).pdf

supermax
14-11-12, 08:19

i know got hokkien, teochew, cantonese..Its a higher level hokkien:p .Hard to grasp.Those days communicate among car spare parts and bicycle shops.Interview in Heng Hua:p

East Lover
14-11-12, 08:19
Sis East Lover, please print this form in case u need it. Hopefully u dont. Hahahaha

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/uploadedFiles/Quick_Links/Tax_forms/Property/Microsoft%20Word%20-%20claimforrefundofpropertytaxforanunoccupiedbuildingirin-1(2).pdf
bro, how sweet you are! Thanks!

East Lover
14-11-12, 08:20
Bro, Ng Teng Fong is Heng Hua.
The Springleaf group (now defunct) also Heng Hua.
wow, learnt a lot here :) Heng Hua ppl all know how to make big big money hoh :D

East Lover
14-11-12, 08:23

My bro, thank you!

My agant said I gave him a lot of positive pressure leh :p

supermax
14-11-12, 08:27
Hahaha, we are the loudest speaking group.
You must love Pu Tien alot. When I go there, I speak with them Heng Hua.

We call it pa meen, over there it is called lor mee.

Nice to know there are heng huas around. Cheers bro.

:cheers4::cheers4:Cheers Bro,I am from Pu Tien too.Pa Meen is really nice,especially the soup.Well my children cant speak Heng Hua,what about yours?

chestnut
14-11-12, 09:00
Cheers Bro,I am from Pu Tien too.Pa Meen is really nice,especially the soup.Well my children cant speak Heng Hua,what about yours? Can understand but cannot speak.

supermax
14-11-12, 09:06
Can understand but cannot speak.Maybe they guess the meaning of it.:p If go to Pu Tien dont speak Heng Hua,very susah especially back to your kampung.