PDA

View Full Version : Covered Balcony

wt_know
16-11-12, 07:41
hi all,

balcony is the "in" thing for recent condo projects. i like balcony as it gives an open space feeling to the owner in the tiny living room (ie: 2-BR)

i check out hillvista from feo and their balcony for high floor is "covered" something like show in this picture.

in term of practical reason, it's good to have a cover especially when the sun is hot and shinning into the living room, raining, etc

but, it spoil the balcony look and even you can open up all the covers it looks like wide open window :doh:

any comment?

thanks

http://i45.tinypic.com/n4dw0.jpg

Shanhz
16-11-12, 07:42
kids safe! i like...

radha08
16-11-12, 08:00
kids safe! i like...

looks scaring to me...so low:scared-1:

Tripp
16-11-12, 08:00
These are balcony screens.

I like it, if MCST approves it, I will like to install them too. Privacy lah.

zeamybro
16-11-12, 08:03
I personally like my balconies with the trellis.

Most MCST also does not approve the addtions of structures at the balconies that will affect the facade of the buildings. But now with the trellis you could hide behind and do 'wonders'.

I have seen a recent project with these trellis, and you could actually build glass panels behind to enclose the entire balcony, something like an extension to the living/bedroom. I know the govt does not approve this, but since its well hidden behind the trellis, u cant really tell.

bigbertha
16-11-12, 08:08
kids safe! i like...
Yes! This looks good but unfortunately if they are not part of the initial design, then it is quite difficult to get MC endorsement as it affects the entire outlook of the condo. But in terms of privacy and kidz safety, I think this is good ... MHO

insigina
16-11-12, 08:53

Most MCST also does not approve the addtions of structures at the balconies that will affect the facade of the buildings. But now with the trellis you could hide behind and do 'wonders'.

I have seen a recent project with these trellis, and you could actually build glass panels behind to enclose the entire balcony, something like an extension to the living/bedroom. I know the govt does not approve this, but since its well hidden behind the trellis, u cant really tell.

This is interesting. Can you please let me know which development as I would like to see how it looks. Thanks!

Rysk
16-11-12, 08:56
This is interesting. Can you please let me know which development as I would like to see how it looks. Thanks!

If I could remember.. one of the project is Soleil.. those units with west facing have it..

zeamybro
16-11-12, 09:00

Let me PM you

Lovelle
16-11-12, 09:16
Let me PM you

share with me too.. cheers:cheers5::cheers5:

Congress
16-11-12, 11:45
kids safe! i like...

But not fully enclosed

carbuncle
16-11-12, 13:19
screens i like. can grow creepers all over to provide natural shade n oxygem

einnoc
16-11-12, 13:28

Couldn't find the project, Soleil. Could u advise me, pls?

danntbt
16-11-12, 16:11
..The Hillier has similar concept.

Rysk
16-11-12, 16:15
Couldn't find the project, Soleil. Could u advise me, pls?
Oh sorry, I mean is Soleil @ Sinaran (beside Novena Sq 2).. new project just TOP

wt_know
16-11-12, 16:38
FEO hallmark ... :D

..The Hillier has similar concept.