PDA

View Full Version : If market turns down, which property with 1.6M budget?

gwlip
17-11-12, 16:17
Not saying it will... But if market softens and properties go on 20% discount, which PC would you go for with 1.6M and why?
Ideas from all gurus and experts welcome :)

radha08
17-11-12, 16:18
buy landed terrace what else...:spliff2:

samuelk
17-11-12, 16:33
yes....

http://video.xin.msn.com/watch/video/propertyhunt-luxus-hills/pf6cs6qo

Cyberknight
17-11-12, 18:10
Haha. I am guilty of such questions too.

ikan bilis
17-11-12, 20:02
if market goes down ... or durian tree goes down... or whatever...

don't rush in and pick that 20% discount durian...
bcoz you might kena hit by a second falling durian from the tree... :scared-2:

hyenergix
17-11-12, 20:08
Dun think it will go down by more than 10% at worst, juz looking at recent land price n sales trend. More pp r switching out of cash.

ikan bilis
17-11-12, 20:17
Dun think it will go down by more than 10% at worst, juz looking at recent land price n sales trend. More pp r switching out of cash.
bro... after you bought your ht... you veri bull arh ??... :D :cheers4:

hyenergix
17-11-12, 20:20
bro... after you bought your ht... you veri bull arh ??... :D :cheers4:

No, I'm still worried about over-supply in rental market for PCs. Recent policies on foreign workers don't look very good for PCs in the short term. Just providing some neutral view on this.

gwlip
17-11-12, 20:48
eh.. abit off-topic leh.. its not about whether it will go down or by how much.. or what to do if it goes down... or durians for the matter :doh:

Maybe I should rephrase to what specific property everyone eyeballing IF got discount with a budget of 1.6M la..

blackreplica
18-11-12, 03:10
As long as people post topics asking questions like these here, I know for certain the market is not going down anytime in the near future.

It'll only be time to buy when questions like "about to make a 20% loss, should I sell?" start appearing.

When that happens, no need to worry what to buy. You can pick and choose. Provided you're one of the lucky few who didn't get slaughtered

So IMHO, you don't need to plan so far ahead

Leeds
18-11-12, 05:07
Consumer behaviour is quite 'complex' when comes to investment decision. Many people will fear the market will go down even further and not buying. Those who are not fearful have no more resources to buy after chasing the market this high. The government understands this hence come the cooling measures but the people continue to chase the forbidden fruit.

lifeline
18-11-12, 05:12
Maybe I should rephrase to what specific property everyone eyeballing IF got discount with a budget of 1.6M la..

maybe you should rephrase to what property to buy now so as not to mtb :D

there may be correction, but maybe from now up 10% and down 5%?
more important is investment objective and holding power.

chestnut
18-11-12, 05:49
Wah bro, u use this as barometer.... Steady.... During Lehman bro time, the entire landscape in this forum different hor.... Everyone so down:( :(

Must look at old post again to see how people behave during that time... Also can go back pre Lehman time... Who talk BIG BiG, say will buy and didnt buy... For stats purposes....

Interesting concept....:D

As long as people post topics asking questions like these here, I know for certain the market is not going down anytime in the near future.

It'll only be time to buy when questions like "about to make a 20% loss, should I sell?" start appearing.

When that happens, no need to worry what to buy. You can pick and choose. Provided you're one of the lucky few who didn't get slaughtered

So IMHO, you don't need to plan so far ahead

chestnut
18-11-12, 05:55
Consumer behaviour is quite 'complex' when comes to investment decision. Many people will fear the market will go down even further and not buying. Those who are not fearful have no more resources to buy after chasing the market this high. The government understands this hence come the cooling measures but the people continue to chase the forbidden fruit.

Bro, I like to talk about minority. U like to talk about majority.... Just nice...

I actually don't understand your statement 'Those who are not fearful have no more resources to buy after chasing the market this high'

How can they still be 'not fearful' when market crash when they have 'no more resources'???
:confused: :confused:

chestnut
18-11-12, 06:00
maybe you should rephrase to what property to buy now so as not to mtb :D

there may be correction, but maybe from now up 10% and down 5%?
more important is investment objective and holding power.

Bro, u know what he should do. He should go propertyguru, list down all the 2 mil project and tell us which one.... State if it goes down 1.6 mil, which will we buy. But hor, 1 year later, if prices, I say if(it may go down hor). Prices go up say 10%, become 2.2. Drop 20 % = 1.76 mil.

So how to give him idea which condo will drop to 1.6 mil? His question damn difficult leh.... More difficult then "chemistry questions"... Hahahaha

lifeline
18-11-12, 06:11
Bro, u know what he should do. He should go propertyguru, list down all the 2 mil project and tell us which one.... State if it goes down 1.6 mil, which will we buy. But hor, 1 year later, if prices, I say if(it may go down hor). Prices go up say 10%, become 2.2. Drop 20 % = 1.76 mil.

So how to give him idea which condo will drop to 1.6 mil? His question damn difficult leh.... More difficult then "chemistry questions"... Hahahaha

aiya... his question is more of a last minute sentiment survey before he finally takes the plunge la ! :D :D

chestnut
18-11-12, 06:20
aiya... his question is more of a last minute sentiment survey before he finally takes the plunge la ! :D :D

So wats the finding:confused: :confused: :D :D

stl67
18-11-12, 06:22
buy landed terrace what else...:spliff2:
Buy a few more and wait:D

lifeline
18-11-12, 06:23
So wats the finding:confused: :confused: :D :D

we wait ... :beats-me-man:

chestnut
18-11-12, 06:27
we wait ... :beats-me-man:

Ok.ok... I hope wont wait until become :OldFart: :OldFart:

propertyhans
18-11-12, 06:39
An agent once told me....Waiting for property price to drop is like waiting for global warming to cause end of the world... We know there is global warming and ice bergs are melting, but does it mean we stop living right now?

So we know property prices will definitely drop but nobody knows when...so just buy and live your life now.

Hehe just sharing.

chestnut
18-11-12, 06:44
Bro, I agree with you only for homestay... If u don't buy, u need to rent??? Lagi worst. If u can bunk in with parents or in-laws,,another choice lah....

But if u buy for investment, it is damn tricky... Don't anyhow buy.... One wrong move, u can be a slave to the house for the rest of your life.

Don't play, play...:spliff2:

An agent once told me....Waiting for property price to drop is like waiting for global warming to cause end of the world... We know there is global warming and ice bergs are melting, but does it mean we stop living right now?

So we know property prices will definitely drop but nobody knows when...so just buy and live your life now.

Hehe just sharing.

Shanhz
18-11-12, 08:09
Bro, I agree with you only for homestay... If u don't buy, u need to rent??? Lagi worst. If u can bunk in with parents or in-laws,,another choice lah....

But if u buy for investment, it is damn tricky... Don't anyhow buy.... One wrong move, u can be a slave to the house for the rest of your life.

Don't play, play...:spliff2:

altho generally true, but buy for homestay too high, means the ammo for next ppty is diminished. so buying at right time still very impt.

however, nobody knows when is the right time. if you read 2010 threads, everybody talking about peak peak peak. siao siao siao, this kind of psf still buy. madness. today we read the thread again - wah, so cheap. why i never buy? and now, until 2012, still peaking. when is the real peak?

we only know it will come down eventually. but when? after rising another 50%? for it to come down, KBW need to remove CM6, CM5, CM4, CM3, CM2 and CM1, and after that mkt still need to continue dropping. that is when you see the real correction.

i am not saying it will not happen. it may. but when?

roly8
18-11-12, 08:29
"the best investment is to do nothing.."

:o

Dr(unlicensed) Roly

Komo
18-11-12, 09:45
look out for 2 bedder first...take first one say bgt $800k. wait and see if market go down somemore... get another 2 bedder then. maybe can even grap a 3 bedder if the market gets really bad:D

kane
18-11-12, 12:56
I would go for luxus hills. If I can get it at $1.6m that is. Haha.

If you have to buy one for investment now. Make sure you can live in it under the worst case scenario and that is to move into it yourself. There are people who habe a 4 or 5 room flat and buy a mickey mouse for investment. Hmm. When worst csse hits. Things will get tricky.

chiaberry
18-11-12, 13:12
If property should go down by 20%, it is likely that many will have no balls to buy, thinking that it might go down even more.

I think in the case of Singapore, it is not likely to happen in the near future. Otherwise the gah-men will look silly, releasing so much GLS land and BTOs. They surely will not want to shoot themselves in the foot if they think prices are going down.....might be an election loser in the next GE.

kane
18-11-12, 13:24
A fall in 20% should bring about a removal of some of the cooling measures. I look forward to that.

lajia
18-11-12, 13:53
agree....+1.

things are working well now and it just need sometimes for things to sort it out itself. over doing it will be very risky of running into another shit hole...:2cents:

If property should go down by 20%, it is likely that many will have no balls to buy, thinking that it might go down even more.

I think in the case of Singapore, it is not likely to happen in the near future. Otherwise the gah-men will look silly, releasing so much GLS land and BTOs. They surely will not want to shoot themselves in the foot if they think prices are going down.....might be an election loser in the next GE.

heehee
18-11-12, 14:07
Think everybody knows the danger of overdoing, & if shit hits some people may get ousted. Ops!

agree....+1.

things are working well now and it just need sometimes for things to sort it out itself. over doing it will be very risky of running into another shit hole...:2cents:

DKSG
18-11-12, 15:19
I dont know what happens when market drop 20%.
What I know is that there will be at least 100++ transactions when the market drop 5-10%.

Thats only the number of uncles/aunties/snr mgt in my company who will be anyhow buying any properties! Coz everyday, they ask Office Boy to inform when if I see anything that is selling 5-10% below valuation.

But good trying day dreaming la ...

Why not think this way ... what happens if property prices cheong 20% next year if Europe/US/Japan all recover together ? Will u MTB and punch heart pain ?

DKSG
PS : I personally think my day dream is better than yours. haha!

Shanhz
18-11-12, 15:27
"the best investment is to do nothing.."

:o

Dr(unlicensed) Roly

wrong! minimum go buy DBS NCPS 4.7% before transaction costs

chiaberry
18-11-12, 16:34
Think everybody knows the danger of overdoing, & if shit hits some people may get ousted. Ops!

We can see which way the gah-men "thinks" the property market is going by what they are doing:

- multiple Cooling Measures
- release of land and BTOs at a fast pace

They should have all the information available to them in order to make those decisions (a lot more than the average or even above average citizen).

They are wary of making wrong moves these days as they are aware it will affect their chances at the next elections.

So much of so-called "wealth" in Singapore is tied up in property.

They would not wish to create a bubble unnecessarily as they know the consequences of oversupply of property and what it would mean for Singaporeans if it should lead to significant decline in property prices later on when this bubble bursts.

They should be aware that a lot of Singaporeans are looking to property to fund their retirement and if this "nest egg" were to be destroyed, they would have a lot of social problems.

If they should kill the "golden goose" HDB flat generating rental income for Singaporeans, they have to face the consequences (a lot of Singaporeans' aspirations to use their HDB to fund their upgrading and retirement will be dashed). And somemore there will be a lack of relatively affordable property to rent out to foreigners who are needed in Singapore to fill the gaps in the employment. After all, we the citizens of Singapore are NOT doing our part in procreating anywhere near enough to provide adequate manpower to keep our economy running and growing nicely.

If the gah-men think that the financial woes of the US and EU are going to drag us down in the next few years, they will not be having CMs, accelerated supply of public and private housing, etc Even to the extent of planning their next BIG coup in property by announcing their intention to build that development in Bugis (DUO) with Khazanah next year. By all their actions, do you really honestly think the likelihood of property dropping 20% is high?

Maybe you should stop dreaming that dream of property dropping and get over to the show flats to pick up your next property or you will be in the side lines until you kena more CM and not able to buy anything at all. Last CM quite a few waiting in the sidelines to buy were stopped short by the tightening of the loan regulations....you don't know what will come next because the buying is not abating and the prices are still inching upwards.

roly8
18-11-12, 22:13
wrong! minimum go buy DBS NCPS 4.7% before transaction costs

this is bond?
when will it expire?

Vincegoh
19-11-12, 11:48
sorrie too long out of this forum.. wad's MTB? :o

jeaprp
19-11-12, 12:10
this is bond?
when will it expire?