PDA

View Full Version : Why people buy FEO projects

newbie11
19-11-12, 20:32
Wonder the reasons why people buy their projects despite the higher prices? I am asking bcos I am considering one at Seahill for stay but struggle to find the reasons on why I should pay 20-25% more than next door Vision. From price perspective, it's simply too exp. I don't believe price doesn't matter if its for own stay. After all, who wants to stay in a negative equity Home?

feo purchasers, pls share ok?

price
19-11-12, 20:40
Wonder the reasons why people buy their projects despite the higher prices? I am asking bcos I am considering one for stay but struggle to find the reasons. From price perspective, it's simply too exp. I don't believe price doesn't matter if its for own stay. After all, who wants to stay in a negative equity Home?

blue chip vs penny stock

radha08
19-11-12, 20:41
this going to be an interesting thread..;) ..stay tuned for the arrival of the gurus...:D

yowetan
19-11-12, 20:44
I believe FEO will protect the pricing for the existing buyers. Hence FEO is favorable.

radha08
19-11-12, 20:46
exactly what i said..the gurus have arrived..:D :D :D

mr chesnut out for dinner waiting his..:2cents: :D

Lovelle
19-11-12, 20:47
gurus all in Oz...hee hee ...

buttercarp
19-11-12, 20:55
exactly what i said..the gurus have arrived..:D :D :D

mr chesnut out for dinner waiting his..:2cents: :D

He went on a holiday. He said he was at the airport earlier this morning.
So he may not reply so soon.

Trigger
19-11-12, 20:57
Cos their agents wear thick make-up :p and psycho you like crazy :scared-2:

roly8
19-11-12, 20:59
one thing is the brand.

FEO is pretty established brand here already..
somemore, it is under new leadership..

but i don't like the pricing also la.. :p

lifeline
19-11-12, 20:59
newbie11,

pls clear your mailbox. cannot reply your pm this morning.

radha08
19-11-12, 21:07
He went on a holiday. He said he was at the airport earlier this morning.
So he may not reply so soon.

ya that guru living the good life...driving a lexus convertible..travelling the world...:D :cheers4:

blackpepperj
19-11-12, 21:11
Because someone got to pay for all the mooncakes and BBQs :p

wt_know
19-11-12, 21:22
good question. i went to check out hillsta too. overpriced.

newbie11
19-11-12, 21:27
Lol.. Tell me which project is not considered as overpriced

pengful
19-11-12, 21:31
I heard FEO quality is bad. Have they improved the quality as they have the price?

hamachi
19-11-12, 21:32
Apart from the obvious like brand name, buyer's confidence and quality, FEO does have a strong team that handles not only unsold property, but also vacant offices.

That said, I will not buy into a new FEO development. The higher prices don't make sense to me and I am not swayed by their active advertising.

You could also partially attribute the rising property prices in certain areas to FEO's pricing.

price
19-11-12, 21:36
I heard FEO quality is bad. Have they improved the quality as they have the price?
but there are still many die hard FEO fans around

kane
19-11-12, 21:53
blue chip vs penny stock

if he uses Vision as a comparison, that isn't a penny stock, in fact it's blue chip vs a blue-er chip.

at 20% difference, i think you're better off with Vision. i didn't visit that showroom but I heard they're giving away pretty goof finishing, is that correct. they were pricing that at a premium at launch and i thought it was crazy. maybe i was the crazy one not to nick a unit there.

price
19-11-12, 22:19
if he uses Vision as a comparison, that isn't a penny stock, in fact it's blue chip vs a blue-er chip.

at 20% difference, i think you're better off with Vision. i didn't visit that showroom but I heard they're giving away pretty goof finishing, is that correct. they were pricing that at a premium at launch and i thought it was crazy. maybe i was the crazy one not to nick a unit there.
it was just a quote :D

kane
19-11-12, 22:28
it was just a quote :D

right, anyway, whichever the developer, just don't be the carrot head.

iwantgizmos
19-11-12, 23:07
actually the main reason is they have strong partnership....
FEO + FCL + Sekisui are powerhouse which adds to the credibility...
3 times the experience, and these parties cooperate to advance their mutual interests.

Sleepyhead
19-11-12, 23:08

I disagree! Having lived in an older FEO condo for a few years, I cannot fault the build quality. The place may be old, but the marble finishes, solid wood carpentry etc is still holding strong! Can keep going for many decades more I should think. What more a brand new FEO development!

Premium of 20% IMHO due to:

Superior locations (usually);
Seperior materials and finishes;
A bomb on marketing and having their own sales team;
Protection of existing buyers;
Superior after sales (upon ToP, you can ask them to do anything, and they would usually oblige. Eg. changing marble tile on floor because you think the color cannot match the next piece exactly - in other words hacking up and redoing th entire floor!)

Disclaimer: I am not vested.

lifeline
20-11-12, 00:37
just researching... did not know their portfolio is that large.

http://www.fareast.com.sg/images/feo/downloads/Far-East-Organization-Property-Compedium-2012.pdf

so many can get that loyalty discount...

DKSG
20-11-12, 00:39
Dont know who ask this kinda of question ?

If you cannot see why there are thousands of people willing to fork out more for FEO projects, then you should visit more showflats la!

Why does people willing to pay more for SCGlobal projects ?

Why Martin 38 sell for $2,600+ psf when Martin Place Resi goes for slightly more than $2,000 ?

See more then u will know lor!

Office Boy can contribute a bit bit here.

1) FEO sells you more space, the loft, SOHO, whatever unit. You get more space, better feel. Having stayed in 3.3m ceiling apt and the normal 2.9m, I can feel the difference.

2) Price protection. Do you know FEO still hold some Bayshore (is it Park or something units?) ? The saying is FEO will NEVER drop price, at most they HOLD. Or give u some more furniture vouchers to make u happy. Developer's responsibility to buyers give people a lot of comfort. Though this theory may not be true if market really crashes. But we all know FEO holds some pieces of land for eons and eons.

Thats all I can and willing to say.

Office Boy not affliated or related to FEO.

DKSG

DKSG
20-11-12, 00:41

http://www.fareast.com.sg/images/feo/downloads/Far-East-Organization-Property-Compedium-2012.pdf

If people buy a million dollar property because of some stupid 1% more discount, I think our property market has some deep problems. Haha!

DKSG

DKSG
20-11-12, 00:56

If people buy a million dollar property because of some stupid 1% more discount, I think our property market has some deep problems. Haha!

DKSG

lifeline
20-11-12, 01:10

DKSG

I am sure people buy for other valid reasons. The additional loyalty discount is useful if you already intend to invest with them.

minority
20-11-12, 01:38
i never like FEO. only buy those ard where FRO will plan to build. FEO always 20-30% more

timmy
20-11-12, 06:08
Wonder the reasons why people buy their projects despite the higher prices? I am asking bcos I am considering one at Seahill for stay but struggle to find the reasons on why I should pay 20-25% more than next door Vision. From price perspective, it's simply too exp. I don't believe price doesn't matter if its for own stay. After all, who wants to stay in a negative equity Home?

There are many reasons but one of the less well-known one is that FEO does not have to get a Qualifying Certificate from the Controller of Housing when it buys land for development (unlike foreign companies or publicly listed ones like Capland, CDL etc).

Since FEO is not subject to guidelines such as having to sell all units within two years from TOP, it can technically take as long as it wants to slowly sell its products. Just price higher and take its time to release the units. Its forward pricing horizon is definitely longer.

chestnut
20-11-12, 06:20

DKSG

Bro, can I ask u a question? This is not a loaded question but a real frank opinion from u... D u think far east show room is nice?

Among all the showrooms u visited, can u ranked whose show room comes in the top 3?

No 1.
No2.
No3.

I ask u because I think u visit a lot of showrooms and get really give a ground answer. Wild feo be in the top 3?

NorthernStar
20-11-12, 06:38
1. I do heard FEO/FCL did a discount on Waterfront Waves during the 2008 financial crisis.

2. The BIG early bird discount of FEO's new projects really attract ppl rushing in to grab. First batch of buyers feel good when the discount removed subsequently. So, imo, be the vvip customer of FEO's projects.:D

Komo
20-11-12, 07:43
good bet to grab one with early bird discount and sell in subsale ( i.e in the past):D

newbie11
20-11-12, 09:18
thanks all.. seemed like one should book FEO units during preview to get max discount and then the premium might be worth it.

minority
20-11-12, 10:08
good bet to grab one with early bird discount and sell in subsale ( i.e in the past):D

subsale is dead ;) that door closed.

naan1974
20-11-12, 10:40

Good finishing hard to justify 20-25% price difference.
for a 2m unit 20-25% is $400k - $500k, use this amt to reno
your pad, can build black marble wall !

mm63
20-11-12, 12:45
Why does FEO have this special advantage?

There are many reasons but one of the less well-known one is that FEO does not have to get a Qualifying Certificate from the Controller of Housing when it buys land for development (unlike foreign companies or publicly listed ones like Capland, CDL etc).

Since FEO is not subject to guidelines such as having to sell all units within two years from TOP, it can technically take as long as it wants to slowly sell its products. Just price higher and take its time to release the units. Its forward pricing horizon is definitely longer.

bakasa2002
20-11-12, 14:46
subsale is dead ;) that door closed.

brings me to a point that by closing the subsale door and let developer price as they want it, does it drive up the price? :doh:

Shanhz
20-11-12, 14:48
brings me to a point that by closing the subsale door and let developer price as they want it, does it drive up the price? :doh:

well, u can don't buy.
willing seller willing buyer.

timmy
20-11-12, 15:15
Why does FEO have this special advantage?

The Residential Act safeguards land in Singapore from foreign developers. FEO is considered "local" and hence has privileges in land banking etc. Capland etc, by virtue of the fact that they are publicly listed, are considered "foreign" since their shares can be owned by international investment community. Of course, companies like qingjian, macquarie, pacific star etc all are foreign.

danntbt
20-11-12, 15:54
FEO has in the past dished out furniture vouchers to owners upon TOP, I guess that made some owners real happy with the 'generous' gesture which FEO need not have to do.

propertychap
20-11-12, 16:01
any vista residences owner?any views on the project?good investment?

zeamybro
20-11-12, 16:42
any vista residences owner?any views on the project?good investment?

I think its too near the PIE .... and not within walking distance to the MRT. Balestier road jam is not to be taken lightly...

Shoeboxsupporter
20-11-12, 19:29
FEO has in the past dished out furniture vouchers to owners upon TOP, I guess that made some owners real happy with the 'generous' gesture which FEO need not have to do.

羊毛出在羊身上! :tongue3:

Mary Lee
20-11-12, 21:16
i never like FEO. only buy those ard where FRO will plan to build. FEO always 20-30% more

I also don't like it.

Mary Lee
20-11-12, 21:18
one thing is the brand.

FEO is pretty established brand here already..
somemore, it is under new leadership..

but i don't like the pricing also la.. :p

Why should buyers pay for the new leadership leh?

newbie11
20-11-12, 22:09
But many ppl paid

zeamybro
20-11-12, 22:12
But many ppl paid

Many foreigners paid... Just compare the % of local buyers for FEO projects vs other developer's projects

roly8
21-11-12, 07:14
Why should buyers pay for the new leadership leh?

not very sure..
read from laguna that the new & old leader have different approach.. :o

but i still don't like the pricing la..

Laguna
21-11-12, 09:42
I used to be very anti-FEO for many many years, and never buy into their projects. Reasons :

1. bid the land at all time high, and very high, far away from the second bidder.
2. lack of confidence in their delivery particulary in the quality
3. selling at future pricing.

When the second generation of Ng took over, the very noticable change in the land price they bid, seldom the highest, and could be just at the middle or even lower. And also the landscape design. The internal layout design is also more practical and innovative. And, to lower their risk, FEO partners quite a number of developers as well.

Next, with the completion of the waterfront series, I have much more confidence in their delivery. They always award the main contract to a good contractor.

One more, I compute their gross profit margin, they make a fair margin for those who bot early into their projects.

So in short, if the location is good and u can get a fair price, then pick the unit you want. But the tricky part is, FEO always keep the best till the last and for a premium for being the best. That is why, when I saw FEO released Tower A and B of eCO at that price, there was no turn back for me. And in fact, I have regretted for not taking two at that time.

moneytalk
21-11-12, 09:47
I used to be very anti-FEO for many many years, and never buy into their projects. Reasons :

1. bid the land at all time high, and very high, far away from the second bidder.

When the second generation of Ng took over, the very noticable change in the land price they bid, seldom the highest, and could be just at the middle or even lower. And also the landscape design. The internal layout design is also more practical and innovative. And, to lower their risk, FEO partners quite a number of developers as well.

Next, with the completion of the waterfront series, I have much more confidence in their delivery. They always award the main contract to a good contractor.

One more, I compute their gross profit margin, they make a fair margin for those who bot early into their projects.

So in short, if the location is good and u can get a fair price, then pick the unit you want. But the tricky part is, FEO always keep the best till the last and for a premium for being the best. That is why, when I saw FEO released Tower A and B of eCO at that price, there was no turn back for me. And in fact, I have regretted for not taking two at that time.

Never regret as right decision today can be wrong tomorrow and wrong decision made today can be so right tomorrow!

No one really has a crystal ball, not even developers or property experts.

danntbt
21-11-12, 21:39

..so are you saying, they market it such that you would pay more in quantum for their releases towards the end, but they are the best units, and worth their prices?

yowetan
21-11-12, 21:54
Hi...those who has vested interest eventually 爱屋及乌

price
21-11-12, 23:59
Whether a developer has good rep or not, if the "location is good and selling at a good price + best stack" = good buy no?:beats-me-man:

Wild Falcon
22-11-12, 10:01
I agree. Superior marble, not some stupid compressed marble, and real timber strips instead of laminate in FEO projects - including the old ones. And also higher ceilings even in older FEO projects more than 10 years old - 3 meters at least. In the past FEO hasn't marketed their higher ceilings, now they do.

I disagree! Having lived in an older FEO condo for a few years, I cannot fault the build quality. The place may be old, but the marble finishes, solid wood carpentry etc is still holding strong! Can keep going for many decades more I should think. What more a brand new FEO development!

Premium of 20% IMHO due to:

Superior locations (usually);
Seperior materials and finishes;
A bomb on marketing and having their own sales team;
Protection of existing buyers;
Superior after sales (upon ToP, you can ask them to do anything, and they would usually oblige. Eg. changing marble tile on floor because you think the color cannot match the next piece exactly - in other words hacking up and redoing th entire floor!)

Disclaimer: I am not vested.

blackpepperj
22-11-12, 10:36
FEO lost to UOL for this award

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2012/11/34678/uol-scoops-best-developer-south-east-asia-award

Personally, I will not pay 20% more for better marble or an extra 10cm worth of ceiling. But that's just me :cheers6:

phantom_opera
22-11-12, 11:22
why people buy EVIAN?

hint: read from right to left

buttercarp
22-11-12, 11:25
why people buy EVIAN?

hint: read from right to left

OMG, I never looked at it that way.
I only drink Evian when I am in Mcdonalds as they don't serve water.
I also drank it on scoot.
But Evian tastes different from our Newater.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7_uMqcCYAAK_Rd.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8D8yICCMAEayc8.jpg

phantom_opera
22-11-12, 11:31
OMG, I never looked at it that way.
I only drink Evian when I am in Mcdonalds as they don't serve water.
I also drank it on scoot.
But Evian tastes different from our Newater.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7_uMqcCYAAK_Rd.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8D8yICCMAEayc8.jpg

it is ok sis, I am not trying to say EVIAN is worse than new water or tap water ... expensive thing has a chance to be good ... whether it is value of money is another story ... so FEO = EVIAN

:D

carbuncle
22-11-12, 11:56
FEO projects are built to last in the past for one reason....

They still need to market the remaining units 10-15 yrs later.

Laguna
22-11-12, 12:07

they rent out first
They have the price integrity and will not lower the price...

minority
22-11-12, 12:25

Really? I was at bayshore the place is quite run down. I went to see many units the inside fixtures are all falling apart . Cupboard peeling that was like 5 yrs back.

FEO quality in the past are always questionable. also their choice of materials use in building.

Laguna
22-11-12, 12:45
Really? I was at bayshore the place is quite run down. I went to see many units the inside fixtures are all falling apart . Cupboard peeling that was like 5 yrs back.

FEO quality in the past are always questionable. also their choice of materials use in building.

aiyo, how old is Bayshore?
u expect everything be good forever meh!

windcar
23-11-12, 08:37
About value retention some forumers mentioned here - FEO will care jack shit about capital appreciation after they have sold off all units. And it is not true that they never lower price. FEO was selling Vista Residence at 1kpsf in 2008 (that price is considered high at that time), in 2009 recession, I was offered a price of 800psf.

minority
23-11-12, 13:06
aiyo, how old is Bayshore?
u expect everything be good forever meh!

Well I have a property form CDL stay in there for 12 yrs. the cupboard etc are still in very good condition! not peeling warping etc..

So yes I expect the condition to remain reasonable not like the FEO sort.

minority
23-11-12, 13:07
About value retention some forumers mentioned here - FEO will care jack shit about capital appreciation after they have sold off all units. And it is not true that they never lower price. FEO was selling Vista Residence at 1kpsf in 2008 (that price is considered high at that time), in 2009 recession, I was offered a price of 800psf.

FEO is all abt jacking up their margin. they care shit abt other things..

Wild Falcon
23-11-12, 13:35
I have one CDL property and one FEO property located very close to each other in the same district.

1) FEO higher ceiling
2) FEO Italian marble vs CDL compressed marble
3) FEO timber strips (REAL solid timber) vs laminates or parquet in bedroom

I believe both launched at around the same price. I actually think CDL uses slightly inferior materials. As for cupboards and how long they last, it also depends on how you use them. My point is, the quality of the finishings is lower. But I also note in recent years FEO jack up price a lot, so may not be worthwhile to pay a huge premium for the premium fittings.

Well I have a property form CDL stay in there for 12 yrs. the cupboard etc are still in very good condition! not peeling warping etc..

So yes I expect the condition to remain reasonable not like the FEO sort.

roly8
23-11-12, 13:37
I have one CDL property and one FEO property located very close to each other in the same district.

1) FEO higher ceiling

I believe both launched at around the same price. I actually think CDL uses slightly inferior materials. As for cupboards and how long they last, it also depends on how you use them. My point is, the quality of the finishings is lower. But I also note in recent years FEO jack up price a lot, so may not be worthwhile to pay a huge premium for the premium fittings.

me is a big fan of high ceiling + italian marble.
i won't mind paying abit more!
:o

but i still don't have enough money to buy. LOL!! :D

minority
23-11-12, 13:40

1) FEO higher ceiling

ok to be fair my comparison is from Build the 2000 time frame .

But lately understand that FEO use more premium furnishing. but the $ premium is so much more that I dont think its worth it.

roly8
23-11-12, 13:44
ok to be fair my comparison is from Build the 2000 time frame .

But lately understand that FEO use more premium furnishing. but the $ premium is so much more that I dont think its worth it.

might as well we hack the floor and get our own marble specialist..
probably can save more money:ashamed1:

radha08
23-11-12, 18:03
me is a big fan of high ceiling + italian marble.
i won't mind paying abit more!
:o

but i still don't have enough money to buy. LOL!! :D

bro u saving till 3-mil ah...:doh:...just hoot la...one die all die....one huat all huat...:cheers5::cheers5::cheers5:

radha08
23-11-12, 20:33
but i like feo style their website got all info including price list...:scared-1::scared-1::scared-1:

http://www.fareast.com.sg/en.aspx

roly8
23-11-12, 20:41
bro u saving till 3-mil ah...:doh:...just hoot la...one die all die....one huat all huat...:cheers5::cheers5::cheers5:

say until so easy like that :ashamed1::ashamed1:

but i like feo style their website got all info including price list...:scared-1::scared-1::scared-1:

http://www.fareast.com.sg/en.aspx

at least they are open.. but i doubt those price are of any discount :o

amk
23-11-12, 20:56

I visited Floridian, The Greenwood houses and another one along bt timah road forgotten the name. The marble are exactly th same type, cheap china white marble. Looks like FEO bought in bulk and used in all their projects.

roly8
23-11-12, 21:07
I visited Floridian, The Greenwood houses and another one along bt timah road forgotten the name. The marble are exactly th same type, cheap china white marble. Looks like FEO bought in bulk and used in all their projects.

wah piang..

china made marble.. :scared-4:

radha08
23-11-12, 21:12
say until so easy like that :ashamed1::ashamed1:

at least they are open.. but i doubt those price are of any discount :o

bro from the minute we are born as a singaporean life is tough...but if we set our mind to conquer our fears and plan accordingly i believe we can overcome all obstacles in life...:cheers5:

roly8
23-11-12, 21:20
bro from the minute we are born as a singaporean life is tough...but if we set our mind to conquer our fears and plan accordingly i believe we can overcome all obstacles in life...:cheers5:

lol~ like your optimism! :D

DKSG
07-12-12, 18:04

Isnt that better than the ceramic tiles in D'Leedon ?

DKSG

chestnut
08-12-12, 07:20
Isnt that better than the ceramic tiles in D'Leedon ?

DKSG

Bro, to me interior is secondary... Interior can always be solved with a little money.... When u buy > 1 mil, how many % to change to marble...

I rather they give me cheap finishing and sell me cheap rather than the provide 50k more worth of finishing but sell me 100k more in final price.

Hahahahaha

DKSG
08-12-12, 10:11
Bro, to me interior is secondary... Interior can always be solved with a little money.... When u buy > 1 mil, how many % to change to marble...

I rather they give me cheap finishing and sell me cheap rather than the provide 50k more worth of finishing but sell me 100k more in final price.

Hahahahaha

Once developer start to embark on the word "cheap", I can confirm you sure lose. There are more things they can cut corners than you can imagine.

No matter how much cheaper it gets, it will still be more expensive at the end.

DKSG

DKSG
08-12-12, 10:12
Can anyone share what is the difference between China Marble and other Marble ?

I v keen to understand.

DKSG

chestnut
08-12-12, 10:17
Once developer start to embark on the word "cheap", I can confirm you sure lose. There are more things they can cut corners than you can imagine.

No matter how much cheaper it gets, it will still be more expensive at the end.

DKSG

Bro, I very familiar with construction lah....

Bro, always buy from large developer...

Bro, I sue people so many time until I champion...

:cheers5: :cheers5: :cheers5: :cheers4:

teddybear
08-12-12, 16:59
True but when developers sell at much cheaper price by giving cheap interior finishing, would anybody expect that they use quality materials everywhere including all those hidden/embedded in the walls & in all common areas? Can you & the estate change all that in future (save for enbloc)? :banghead:

Hahahahaha

Rosy
08-12-12, 17:35
I have not seen any developers selling cheaper price by offering inferior furnishing.

They will sell at higher price by giving better furnishings.

heehee
08-12-12, 17:40
The best example: D'Leedon
- homogeneous tiles

That is sell cheaper even NEW compares to surrounding older condos. :doh:

I have not seen any developers selling cheaper price by offering inferior furnishing.

Rosy
08-12-12, 17:43
- homogeneous tiles

I went to the initial launch. Yes it is cheaper but difficult to compare value between FH and LH.

chestnut
08-12-12, 18:27
- homogeneous tiles

S u want to pay higher price if they use marble?? Or u use the savings to change the marble??

Hahahahahaha

chestnut
08-12-12, 18:28
True but when developers sell at much cheaper price by giving cheap interior finishing, would anybody expect that they use quality materials everywhere including all those hidden/embedded in the walls & in all common areas? Can you & the estate change all that in future (save for enbloc)? :banghead:

Name me a project like what u describe??

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :eek:

chestnut
08-12-12, 18:36

Rosy damn smart....

Reputable Developer will want to protect their reputation lah.... They take so long to build reputation and u think they want to spoil it by using lousy products? U think they not scared if building collapse har???

teddybear
08-12-12, 19:24
May not collapse but every time raining leak water into your house from the wall enough already... :doh:
Maintenance also a headache, here crack there crack, here leak there leak, ... :banghead:
Glass walls sure crack/shatter, just a matter of time! :rolleyes:

Rosy damn smart....

Reputable Developer will want to protect their reputation lah.... They take so long to build reputation and u think they want to spoil it by using lousy products? U think they not scared if building collapse har???

chestnut
08-12-12, 20:19
May not collapse but every time raining leak water into your house from the wall enough already... :doh:
Maintenance also a headache, here crack there crack, here leak there leak, ... :banghead:
Glass walls sure crack/shatter, just a matter of time! :rolleyes:

Bro, don't have such case lah. All myth until people believe lah. Which project. Developer will need to fix the problem if not no Mia sia. No joke...

Name me 1 project la... If not don't believe lah.

DKSG
08-12-12, 21:16
Bro, don't have such case lah. All myth until people believe lah. Which project. Developer will need to fix the problem if not no Mia sia. No joke...

A few weeks back I view a unit at The Wharf, the window is REALLY leaking water ... I have to remind the owner to put it in the defects list because I didnt see him put a sticker next to the window.

DKSG

Rosy
08-12-12, 21:20
A few weeks back I view a unit at The Wharf, the window is REALLY leaking water ... I have to remind the owner to put it in the defects list because I didnt see him put a sticker next to the window.

DKSG
Very common issue.

I will tell the developer to re seal all windows even though no leak in.

DKSG
08-12-12, 21:27
Very common issue.

Do they do it ?
I never had this problem so far from quite many developers.

DKSG

chestnut
08-12-12, 21:35
Do they do it ?
I never had this problem so far from quite many developers.

DKSG

Bro, u buy resale or new?? How many u bot so far???

U should have issues if u bot a few units... Defects are normal lah...

Marble hollow, window leak, parquet hollow, etc... Have u seen the defect list form... Which developer don't give the form? Which developer give u a form and allow u to out in only 1 defect item? Hahahaha

My goodness, this is a house leh... All manual labour inside... U think this is a car? Mass production???? Wa lau... If u all bot a new house and did not have any defects, I wish u all the best in the future... Hahahahaha

teddybear
08-12-12, 22:12
I got a unit in a project, only very minor defects (scratches), nothing else. Where got window leak, parquet hollow, marble hollow? But hor, price ex ex one lah. :banghead:

Then got another unit much cheaper, as the price goes, so do the defects list (long one). :doh:

A friend living in landed told me that his property leak here leak there leak everywhere! Parquet pop up here, pop up there, fix here fix there, every month got something to fix! He said $$$ flying away every month to fix all these problems! :mad:

Bro, u buy resale or new?? How many u bot so far???

U should have issues if u bot a few units... Defects are normal lah...

Marble hollow, window leak, parquet hollow, etc... Have u seen the defect list form... Which developer don't give the form? Which developer give u a form and allow u to out in only 1 defect item? Hahahaha

My goodness, this is a house leh... All manual labour inside... U think this is a car? Mass production???? Wa lau... If u all bot a new house and did not have any defects, I wish u all the best in the future... Hahahahaha

chestnut
08-12-12, 22:25
I got a unit in a project, only very minor defects (scratches), nothing else. Where got window leak, parquet hollow, marble hollow? But hor, price ex ex one lah. :banghead:

Then got another unit much cheaper, as the price goes, so do the defects list (long one). :doh:

A friend living in landed told me that his property leak here leak there leak everywhere! Parquet pop up here, pop up there, fix here fix there, every month got something to fix! He said $$$ flying away every month to fix all these problems! :mad:

Bro, the cheaper unit by reputable developer or not?

Bro, expensive or cheap, all work done by foreigners lah... No one unit is same as another.... Why??? Because this ain't no mass production...

The cheap one, u want change the to marble lah, etc... How much only???

Anyway, if u want to buy with expensive material and pay more, no prob. Your prerogative lah... I ain't no developer, I ain't no contractor and I ain't here to convince anyone to buy this or that. It's your money. U want to buy Bentley also can. Ain't no problem of mine. Hahahahahaha

Just enjoy your life.

Cheers and no offence.

:cheers4:

As for landed, bro... If problem, pray contractor good. If not prepare to go court, hahahaha...

gfoo
08-12-12, 22:26

Classic example - the Sail. Reputable developer, but because sand prices jacked up, everything also cut corners. even the MCST cannot up to today balance the budget.

chestnut
08-12-12, 22:32
Classic example - the Sail. Reputable developer, but because sand prices jacked up, everything also cut corners. even the MCST cannot up to today balance the budget.

Bro, sail wats the problem? If really got so much problem, why people still buy at such high price??? (serious question - u make it sound so bad but prices still damn ex). Honest, for this case, if I buy sail early phase, I don't care man... Can make money enough for me already - hahaha

What u want, product with defect, prices shot up say 100% and product no defect, up 70%???

Brom if you have sail and so much defect, can sell me cheap price or not??? Hahahaha serious. U give me discount I buy... :cheers5: :cheers4:

azeoprop
08-12-12, 22:59
Just got a $30 kitchen language voucher from FEO. I can have 3 free lunches at Quiznos sub! :D

radha08
08-12-12, 23:16
Just got a $30 kitchen language voucher from FEO. I can have 3 free lunches at Quiznos sub! :D

make sure its filled with veggies...cos too much meat is bad..:D

gfoo
08-12-12, 23:27
Bro, sail wats the problem? If really got so much problem, why people still buy at such high price??? (serious question - u make it sound so bad but prices still damn ex). Honest, for this case, if I buy sail early phase, I don't care man... Can make money enough for me already - hahaha

What u want, product with defect, prices shot up say 100% and product no defect, up 70%???

Brom if you have sail and so much defect, can sell me cheap price or not??? Hahahaha serious. U give me discount I buy... :cheers5: :cheers4:

price and project quality are two disparate things. one will care for quality if one stays there. you want discount right now got super buy just offered to me .#53-04 at $2450psf.

zeamybro
08-12-12, 23:35
Very common issue.

Yes, this must be one of the more common problems for new units... At least from my family and my own experience regardless from which developers

teddybear
08-12-12, 23:54
By the way, all come with marbles, all by reputable developers. Cheaper ones with cheaper (looking) marbles in the house but common areas not paved with marbles (the other one common areas paved with granites). More expensive ones lifts also looks more high-class, car park flooring also much more high-class, everything also much more high-class and better quality materials, finishing, common areas also much more spacious and not cramp, landscaping in the estate also much more high class, ......... You pay for what you get lah! :p

Bro, the cheaper unit by reputable developer or not?

Bro, expensive or cheap, all work done by foreigners lah... No one unit is same as another.... Why??? Because this ain't no mass production...

The cheap one, u want change the to marble lah, etc... How much only???

Anyway, if u want to buy with expensive material and pay more, no prob. Your prerogative lah... I ain't no developer, I ain't no contractor and I ain't here to convince anyone to buy this or that. It's your money. U want to buy Bentley also can. Ain't no problem of mine. Hahahahahaha

Just enjoy your life.

Cheers and no offence.

:cheers4:

As for landed, bro... If problem, pray contractor good. If not prepare to go court, hahahaha...

DKSG
09-12-12, 00:20
The Sail is a different story la ...
When they first launched the project,it was meant to be luxury project.
Just a $1K psf waterfront project...

Little did they know then it would be $3K psf when owners get keys...

Office Boy collect keys from developers quite many times lo!
Earlier days more defects, recent times lesser.
There are some units I can literally rent out within 1 week after collection.
No major problems. Even those I stay, also not much problems recently.

Collect keys from who ar? Tat one only can tell u in pvt. MSG me if u seriously keen to know.

DKSG

chestnut
09-12-12, 06:05
By the way, all come with marbles, all by reputable developers. Cheaper ones with cheaper (looking) marbles in the house but common areas not paved with marbles (the other one common areas paved with granites). More expensive ones lifts also looks more high-class, car park flooring also much more high-class, everything also much more high-class and better quality materials, finishing, common areas also much more spacious and not cramp, landscaping in the estate also much more high class, ......... You pay for what you get lah! :p

Bro, I understand lah... Landscape if you buy direct from developer damn diff to confirm will be beautiful or not lah... This one is Heng, sway... Correct or not?

You won't know if lift lobby got air con or not? U won't know if lift lobby got marble? Etc...

For interior, show flat will demo already what... S u know what u getting into wat? Correct?? U also know the price wat? So u will know if prie is a lot cheaper and can change interior or not...

Unless u buy resale..

Bro, u go sit in Ferrari and u see interior worth it or not????
What u get from Ferrari is loud noise(that's where the big money is - so we call this view), high speed (we call this high floor), good looks (we call this exterior designer), and minimalist interior(we call this interior).

Hahahahaha

chestnut
09-12-12, 06:16
Bro, understand la... All I saying is buy from reputable developer lah.... If u have problems, 90% will be solved. If u buy from un known developer, good luck... I bot from un known before and I sue the damn developer. I rectify my problem and bill him because he didn't respond... Many don't read the legal rights to rectification... I knw the rule to the game and I use it to my advantage... And also, I will not hesitate to use any means thru "money", we call this legal, to get things solved. But if u want to go that route, make sure u prepared to come out "some" money hor... Don't chicken half way. Hahahahahaha

Bro, u surely make it financially lar... U got guts lar bro... Remind me of myself... But I think u more gutsy than me... Why??? Because of my wife... We balance each other... I am the type that go for broke.... My wife conservative and we made a pact to balance each other early in life before marriage... And we have kept to it... No rite, no wrong... Happiness is the key... U can have 10 mil but u not happy also useless....

The Sail is a different story la ...
When they first launched the project,it was meant to be luxury project.
Just a $1K psf waterfront project...

Little did they know then it would be $3K psf when owners get keys...

Office Boy collect keys from developers quite many times lo!
Earlier days more defects, recent times lesser.
There are some units I can literally rent out within 1 week after collection.
No major problems. Even those I stay, also not much problems recently.

Collect keys from who ar? Tat one only can tell u in pvt. MSG me if u seriously keen to know.

DKSG

DKSG
09-12-12, 11:45
Bro, understand la... All I saying is buy from reputable developer lah.... If u have problems, 90% will be solved. If u buy from un known developer, good luck... I bot from un known before and I sue the damn developer. I rectify my problem and bill him because he didn't respond... Many don't read the legal rights to rectification... I knw the rule to the game and I use it to my advantage... And also, I will not hesitate to use any means thru "money", we call this legal, to get things solved. But if u want to go that route, make sure u prepared to come out "some" money hor... Don't chicken half way. Hahahahahaha

Bro, u surely make it financially lar... U got guts lar bro... Remind me of myself... But I think u more gutsy than me... Why??? Because of my wife... We balance each other... I am the type that go for broke.... My wife conservative and we made a pact to balance each other early in life before marriage... And we have kept to it... No rite, no wrong... Happiness is the key... U can have 10 mil but u not happy also useless....

10Q! for compliment.

I am just an Office Boy. haha!

I now learning how to use my money in the best way. I think more difficult than making money... haha!

DKSG

teddybear
09-12-12, 11:46
No, some of these items (like common areas flooring, lift lobby got air-con or not, estate designed with concierge service or not, estate come with how many car park lots enough to park at least 1.5 cars per unit or not) will be specified in the S&P because you are paying a premium for these higher quality materials / services provisions / more car park lots etc.

Bro, I understand lah... Landscape if you buy direct from developer damn diff to confirm will be beautiful or not lah... This one is Heng, sway... Correct or not?

You won't know if lift lobby got air con or not? U won't know if lift lobby got marble? Etc...

For interior, show flat will demo already what... S u know what u getting into wat? Correct?? U also know the price wat? So u will know if prie is a lot cheaper and can change interior or not...

Unless u buy resale..

Bro, u go sit in Ferrari and u see interior worth it or not????
What u get from Ferrari is loud noise(that's where the big money is - so we call this view), high speed (we call this high floor), good looks (we call this exterior designer), and minimalist interior(we call this interior).

Hahahahaha

chestnut
09-12-12, 11:58
No, some of these items (like common areas flooring, lift lobby got air-con or not, estate designed with concierge service or not, estate come with how many car park lots enough to park at least 1.5 cars per unit or not) will be specified in the S&P because you are paying a premium for these higher quality materials / services provisions / more car park lots etc.

Bro, ok lar... U win... I surrender... For me, I really don't care... I only go for capital gains and rentals... I seriously did not look into all this when I buy... If it is important to you... I understand lar...

chestnut
09-12-12, 12:08
Bro, there will be a period where making money is like snapping your finger. There will be a period, making money takes more than snapping your finger. And there will be a period where making money is damn difficult. We are at the last phase... Because of absd, SSD, cm...prices are being "managed".

I give u an analogy :

U buy in 2003. Cannot make money...unil after 2006

Say if u buy in xxx and want to sell now
U buy in 2005/6. Surely make money

U guy in 2007, make less

U buy in 08/09 make more than 07 but less than 06

U buy in 10/11 make la lot less than any of the above.

Cheers....

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

10Q! for compliment.

I now learning how to use my money in the best way. I think more difficult than making money... haha!

DKSG

chestnut
09-12-12, 12:13
10Q! for compliment.

DKSG

Bro, I read your question again. I think I misunderstood... Your statement cheem. Can elaborate. So many ways of reading it...

DKSG
09-12-12, 13:07
Bro, I read your question again. I think I misunderstood... Your statement cheem. Can elaborate. So many ways of reading it...

Pai Seh! Engrish no good.

What I am saying is : I am now learning how to best deploy the money I have to give me the best satisfaction in life. For example, helping dog shelters, old folks home, orphanage, etc.

I learnt that if I have spare cash of $500K, I would benefit more by giving it to people who need it in a life and death manner than to spend it on a car.

Still leanring... looong way to go.

DKSG

chestnut
09-12-12, 13:12
That's very nice of you:D :D :D

My wifey does that part. I take care of the investment... U just need to put into something u love....

Bro, give and it will come back even more. I believe in this line...

I have given a lot without expecting anything and I am getting more than I expect.....

:cheers4: :cheers4:

Pai Seh! Engrish no good.

What I am saying is : I am now learning how to best deploy the money I have to give me the best satisfaction in life. For example, helping dog shelters, old folks home, orphanage, etc.

I learnt that if I have spare cash of $500K, I would benefit more by giving it to people who need it in a life and death manner than to spend it on a car.

Still leanring... looong way to go.

DKSG

ekl2ekl2
09-12-12, 13:48
Bro, there will be a period where making money is like snapping your finger. There will be a period, making money takes more than snapping your finger. And there will be a period where making money is damn difficult. We are at the last phase... Because of absd, SSD, cm...prices are being "managed".

I give u an analogy :

U buy in 2003. Cannot make money...unil after 2006

Say if u buy in xxx and want to sell now
U buy in 2005/6. Surely make money

U guy in 2007, make less

U buy in 08/09 make more than 07 but less than 06

U buy in 10/11 make la lot less than any of the above.

Cheers....

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:
Can u clarify what you meant by "we are in last phase"? Tail end of the Dragon?

So buy in 2012/13, have to be prepared to keep long long or may even lose money like those who bought in 1996/7?

nickq
28-04-13, 17:10
Dear all, wanna ask a noob question:

I bought a FEO property and inside the s&p it states that the living room flooring is compressed marble and the bedroom flooring is timber.

I want to ask if it is advisable to change the bedroom flooring to compressed marble as well or should i just leave it as it is? What is the difference in compressed marble and marble?

And also, if i want to change the sanitary fittings will FEO entertain me? I need to request for changes through my lawyer right?

Thanks in advance! =)

proud owner
28-04-13, 18:14

I bought a FEO property and inside the s&p it states that the living room flooring is compressed marble and the bedroom flooring is timber.

I want to ask if it is advisable to change the bedroom flooring to compressed marble as well or should i just leave it as it is? What is the difference in compressed marble and marble?

And also, if i want to change the sanitary fittings will FEO entertain me? I need to request for changes through my lawyer right?

Thanks in advance! =)

usually developers dont bother to entertain you lah ..

if they allow 1 ...they have to allow all ... so how ?

Marble - expensive 1 piece cut out from the Marble rock

Compressed Marble .... pick up the bits and pieces on the floor while cutting the 1 piece Marble ... compressed them together ... da da .. you get Compressed Marble ..

proud owner
28-04-13, 18:26
by the way ... i hear from an agent friend ..

FE gives returning customers some kind of discount

say you have bought a FE project before and now buying another of its new launch... FE will give u some discount as you are now a LOYAL returning customer...

i heard that they actually cut the commission for the agent to give buyer that discount ..

Pity agents....

mygeemeel
29-04-13, 15:47

Thanks in advance! =)

Any developers make a lot of money. You are a buyer and no harm asking but do so earlier and in writing. Chances are they will not entertain you. However, if you are persistent (like i am) then they will do for you. Even if you are unsuccessful now, you can still push for it after you collect keys. I know bcos i got what i wanted. I have even asked them to change the design (no cost to me). Not convenient to give examples here. Just push for the change based on safety / convenience / logic.

minority
29-04-13, 21:44

Becoz many goon do. they are sold to the marketing. always happy FEO have new project beside ones I own.

nickq
30-04-13, 00:46
Any developers make a lot of money. You are a buyer and no harm asking but do so earlier and in writing. Chances are they will not entertain you. However, if you are persistent (like i am) then they will do for you. Even if you are unsuccessful now, you can still push for it after you collect keys. I know bcos i got what i wanted. I have even asked them to change the design (no cost to me). Not convenient to give examples here. Just push for the change based on safety / convenience / logic.

Yup. I shall do that. Have already drafted a email to my lawyers. Will ask them to draft the written letter to FEO. Hope I get what I wanted.

Ringo33
01-05-13, 08:06
FEO just launch the Ferra condo, which is on a 103 years lease. Is this another LH project on FH land?

DKSG
01-05-13, 11:12
FEO just launch the Ferra condo, which is on a 103 years lease. Is this another LH project on FH land?

Yea. Just to clear the misconception about LH on FH land.
Developer is unlikely to want to wait for 103 years for the lease to expire and take the land back.

What is in their minds is to wait for 20 years, let the owners enbloc the development and they sit back and collect the lease top up monies, the same way as the government does nowadays.

This is because, even if they wait 103 years, they are still going to do the same thing. And I believe no developer would want to wait another 80 years to collect another set of lease payments.

DKSG