PDA

View Full Version : How hot your condo facilities?

auroraborealis
23-11-12, 23:18
function room booking for x'mas eve online open 12.00am; 12.03 all booked
weekends also like that; problem is sometimes booked but nobody use :doh:

zeamybro
23-11-12, 23:22
Gym always full from eve onwards

50m lap pool seldom more than 3 ppl swimming at one time

Children pool noisier during weekends

BBQ occasionally booked on weekends

Function room like always v empty

Tennis court like forever booked

lajia
23-11-12, 23:28
nowadays small piece of land packed with so many units....look at some of those near MRT one, worst. the facilities hv and no hv...:cool: unless yours are those older condo with bigger land lesser units...:p

auroraborealis
23-11-12, 23:34
mine less than 5yrs, 2 tennis court (under-utilized)
pool & gym ok, usage well spread
problem seem to b function rm, mayb becos online system
many ppl chiong in to book for prime slots regardless of whether got use :doh:

nowadays small piece of land packed with so many units....look at some of those near MRT one, worst. the facilities hv and no hv...:cool: unless yours are those older condo with bigger land lesser units...:p

Komo
24-11-12, 06:52
one of my consideration for projects must have function roomS :D

Kanarazu
24-11-12, 07:30

Not sure if larger units always translate to lesser people. For example 2 x 550 sq ft MM can stay 4 persons. Whereas a 3 bedder 1100 sq ft can stay 6 persons. Ultimately it depends on total number of people staying in the condo participating in the tragedy of the commons.

Laguna
24-11-12, 07:39
There is this family in my estate, the nephew of the SP is a tennis coach, and this guy changed his NRIC address to my condo to enable him to book tennis courts for his coaching.

And this guy, managed to get other SP (ie some are his students) to give him the internet account to book the court.

As a result of this, the tennis courts were so over-utlised.

Another one, there is a swimming coach staying in the same estate and teaching outsiders in our pools.

It was very difficult for the council to deal with these two particularly the tennis coach.

roly8
24-11-12, 08:00
There is this family in my estate, the nephew of the SP is a tennis coach, and this guy changed his NRIC address to my condo to enable him to book tennis courts for his coaching.

And this guy, managed to get other SP (ie some are his students) to give him the internet account to book the court.

Another one, there is a swimming coach staying in the same estate and teaching outsiders in our pools.

It was very difficult for the council to deal with these two particularly the tennis coach.

look like we can hep more free tennis courts and swimming pool with more condo TOP soon..
:D :D

Rysk
24-11-12, 08:18
one of my consideration for projects must have function roomS :D
But some projects with about 300 units.. Their function room is more like a baby feeding room.. Can accommodate up to 10-15 pax only.. The rest have to stand outside :banghead:

lajia
24-11-12, 08:34
How can they commercialize communal facilities?? Don't think that is fair to the residents but anyway, if they are ok with it then nothing much to talk about...:p

Laguna
24-11-12, 08:51
How can they commercialize communal facilities?? Don't think that is fair to the residents but anyway, if they are ok with it then nothing much to talk about...:p

ya, based on that, the mgt council has debarred them from coaching, but it was so so difficult to deal with them.

The tennis coach was superb of the superb thick skin, I cannot image a man go to the extent of cheating to change IC address just for this purpose.

carbuncle
24-11-12, 09:10
thats why go for boutique developments to have lower chance of such happening if buy new.

if resale just go viewing on few weekends spend few hrs there to experience.

auroraborealis
24-11-12, 09:51
New boutique developments (<100 units) that I viewed usu small function room, if any. Only accommodate 2 4-seater dining table max max :doh:

thats why go for boutique developments to have lower chance of such happening if buy new.

if resale just go viewing on few weekends spend few hrs there to experience.

zeamybro
24-11-12, 11:43
My 1.5 yr old apartment has 114 units. The function room is about 2/3 the size of a basketball court, comes with a super long sofa (sits around 10) and 2 round tables with 6 seats each. Booking fee is $20 per session (aftn to night), but its seriously under utilized.

I guess that's becos the occupants are mostly westerners and they don't hold parties or dinners in function rms like the locals do

auroraborealis
24-11-12, 11:55
I think it's the booking fee, bro
Mine's free that's the problem
MC try to pass law to charge but dint get enuf votes

My 1.5 yr old apartment has 114 units. The function room is about 2/3 the size of a basketball court, comes with a super long sofa (sits around 10) and 2 round tables with 6 seats each. Booking fee is $20 per session (aftn to night), but its seriously under utilized.

I guess that's becos the occupants are mostly westerners and they don't hold parties or dinners in function rms like the locals do

zeamybro
24-11-12, 11:59
I think it's the booking fee, bro
Mine's free that's the problem
MC try to pass law to charge but dint get enuf votes

Yeah $100 for deposit and $20 payable to use the function. But I must say that this project has super huge balconies that can easily host 30 folks at one time, so no need function room la , lol

carbuncle
24-11-12, 12:10
yeah ur that project is similar to Cradels this type of concept. except the latter bo clubhouse...

www.newlaunchessingapore.com/district-12-14/cradels/

zeamybro
24-11-12, 12:20
yeah ur that project is similar to Cradels this type of concept. except the latter bo clubhouse...

www.newlaunchessingapore.com/district-12-14/cradels/

Oh yes seem so similar... 50m infinity lap pool plus 3 jacuzzis ... The function room is located right below the pool with some parts of the ceilings made of glass panels... Meaning ppl in the function room can actually look up and see ppl swimming above their heads :doh:

Shanhz
24-11-12, 12:31
Gym always full from eve onwards

50m lap pool seldom more than 3 ppl swimming at one time

Children pool noisier during weekends

BBQ occasionally booked on weekends

Function room like always v empty

Tennis court like forever booked

which devp is this? 50m lap pool is nice for me. too bad mine dun have.

nalimakk
24-11-12, 12:53
:doh: :tsk-tsk:

zeamybro
24-11-12, 12:54
which devp is this? 50m lap pool is nice for me. too bad mine dun have.
Will pm u .......

Komo
24-11-12, 13:38

be an informant and report to police that the tennis coach is not staying there :D

Laguna
24-11-12, 13:41
be an informant and report to police that the tennis coach is not staying there :D

it is not easy to prove his residency...

yowetan
24-11-12, 13:43
it is not easy to prove his residency...

I do not think it is a problem for you since you are good in informing the authority.

august
24-11-12, 15:01

the swimming coach one shld be easy to deal with. usually there are rules how many 'guests' a SP can bring in to use the pool.

otherwise can also raise a motion during AGM to pass a resolution to charge the coach a levy.

Laguna
24-11-12, 17:32
I do not think it is a problem for you since you are good in informing the authority.

me, u read me wrongly then.

In fact, IMO, whistle blowing, if can put wrong into right, it is a good thing.

zzz1
24-11-12, 20:22
I observed mine place , the BBQ is very popular , luckily unit not facing there, every morning in my morning walk I notice that the resident don clean and clear up properly ...

Ppl just don have civic mind , even the young parent , all expecting the cleaner to clean up ...

DC33_2008
25-11-12, 10:08
The nephew may get a cut and his students may get a discount for helping him. MC can track him down.

Komo
25-11-12, 11:22
quite common problems with tennis coach and swimming coach, using the facilities for their benefits. just need to feedback at the monthly feedback sessions and get the committee to resolve the issues. isn't there a rule that only residents can use the facilities and for recreational use only? maybe get all coaches to be registered and allowed to book certain allocated time slots only and maybe even certain days only. :2cents:

p3nboy
26-11-12, 08:36

join in for the free lessons....:D