PDA

View Full Version : I feel very uneasy market is still moving UP...

radha08
07-12-12, 21:05
The property market is showing NO sign of easing....EC being snapped up...bto selling out...new launch flying off the shelf...something is going to happen...this time i think will be a major CM...:eek:

lajia
07-12-12, 21:07
hahaha, uneasy...bro, market crash down that time u will be 10 times more uneasy man....this should be within expectation if not why so many CM in place...:rolleyes:

The property market is showing NO sign of easing....EC being snapped up...bto selling out...new launch flying off the shelf...something is going to happen...this time i think will be a major CM...:eek:

sh
07-12-12, 21:12

Aiyah, you already bought your property, the new cm's not gonna affect u...

Gonna affect new buyers though....

radha08
07-12-12, 21:16
Aiyah, you already bought your property, the new cm's not gonna affect u...

Gonna affect new buyers though....

Bro i NOT talking about myself...just GENERAL talk EVERYDAY got news this sold out that snapped up...:doh:...ya i know CM will not affect me but i prefer if market stable no up no down its ok..but got so much BULLISH news dunno...what the SUPER power might do...:confused:

irisng
07-12-12, 21:27
I guess the following reasons might cause the ppty market keeps going up.
1) scared more cm to stop them from buying, so everybody is rushing for it.
2) huge profit from the sale of their HDB flats
3) enbloc profit

What else can you all think of?

phantom_opera
07-12-12, 21:28
bro radha ... China has much stronger CMs ... to the extent of banning from buying ... still up ... :beats-me-man:

SC global going private ...

sherlock
07-12-12, 21:32
Bro u scared crash 40% by the time your condo TOP issit? :eek: Then regret should hv bought later :D

Arcachon
07-12-12, 21:34
3) enbloc profit

Scare of living underground.

chestnut
07-12-12, 21:38
Bro u scared crash 40% by the time your condo TOP issit? :eek: Then regret should hv bought later :D

I think he scared many who did not buy will not be able to buy in future :D

buttercarp
07-12-12, 21:47
Today I was in Orchard.
There were so many foreigners.
I don't know whether to be happy or sad.
Happy cos economy is doing well, and foreigners spend money in our country and rent from us.
Sad cos Orchard Road is no longer the Orchard Rd of Singapore I know of.

I decided that I shall not go to Orchard Rd if I can but remain in the heartlands.

The MRT was super crowded.
The journey from Dhoby Ghaut to Sommerset was a torture as people pushed to get in and were standing shoulder to shoulder.
No wonder we would rather slog and pay for COEs which cost on the average 2 years of salary, than to squeeze on the trains.

ikan bilis
07-12-12, 21:53
those that market moving up uneasy cannot sleep....market moving down uneasy also cannot sleep.... i suggest you all go for BTO or EC... MOP will ensure you having good night sleep for 5yrs.... :p

Jonathan0503
07-12-12, 21:55
Today I was in Orchard.
Happy cos economy is doing well, and foreigners spend money in our country and rent from us.

I decided that I shall not go to Orchard Rd if I can but remain in the heartlands.

The journey from Dhoby Ghaut to Sommerset was a torture as people pushed to get in and were standing shoulder to shoulder.
No wonder we would rather slog and pay for COEs which cost on the average 2 years of salary, than to squeeze on the trains.

Isn't that what Orchard road is suppose to be? Crowded and a lot of foreigners?

Some more now is Christmas shopping season...

buttercarp
07-12-12, 22:03
Isn't that what Orchard road is suppose to be? Crowded and a lot of foreigners?

Some more now is Christmas shopping season...

Yup, it is supposed to be crowded.
But Orchard Road is now foreign to me.
I don't feel at home there anymore.
I wonder what will foreigners visiting Singapore think of Singapore when they visit Orchard Rd?
I feel it is no longer representative of Singapore.

august
07-12-12, 22:04

it will be keep moving up until suddenly it snaps and plunges.... just dunno when :scared-5:

zeamybro
07-12-12, 22:32
Yup, it is supposed to be crowded.
But Orchard Road is now foreign to me.
I don't feel at home there anymore.
I wonder what will foreigners visiting Singapore think of Singapore when they visit Orchard Rd?
I feel it is no longer representative of Singapore.

Last week I was walking on the street outside Ion, and saw a group of foreigners doing folk dances (or whatever u call it). They were making a lot of noise and were enjoying themselves with the attention showered on them by the public. I was wondering then if the tourists who happen to walk past would mistaken them as locals? Definitely they don't represent us Singaporeans ....

radha08
07-12-12, 22:32

bro i say before if you scared of what happen TOMMOROW...there is no point in living TODAY...:)...

teddybear
07-12-12, 22:33
Not really! Those BTO bought at $500k if crash may drop to <$400k!
ECs lagi worse, almost same price in $PSF to PCs now! :p

those that market moving up uneasy cannot sleep....market moving down uneasy also cannot sleep.... i suggest you all go for BTO or EC... MOP will ensure you having good night sleep for 5yrs....

teddybear
07-12-12, 22:37
3) enbloc profit

4) CASH put in banks losing value very quickly, better exchange into hard assets (eg property) that govt cannot "Print" hence won't lose value (not even considering the potential appreciation in value!).

radha08
07-12-12, 22:39
frankly sporean got no more identity...the only identity people have is the type of house you stay and the kind of car u drive...so that is why COE sky high and house price sky high....:cool:

I just got back from a trip To KL...spend a few days there at my cousin place....life is TOTALLY different...life there also in a MESS....BIG house BIG car but NO security....:doh:

Alan Tam
3) enbloc profit

1) INFLATION...labour cost is going up and up and up, material cost is also going up and up and up, land cost also up and up and up.

2) INVESTMENT...No where to put their money. ( very low interest rate for deposit of 0.5% vs inflation 5% ) ten times different.

3) POPULATION... need to house more than 6 million population in future.

NO CHOICE BUT TO BUY NOW !!!!

Allthepies
Today I was in Orchard.

which is the scarier situation? [scenario 1] Orchard Road dilapidated - all shops shut down due to lack of shoppers [scenario 2] Orchard Road crowded and bustling with life. :D

radha08
07-12-12, 22:55
which is the scarier situation? [scenario 1] Orchard Road dilapidated - all shops shut down due to lack of shoppers [scenario 2] Orchard Road crowded and bustling with life. :D

i dunno which is worse...but i just got back from KL...:doh:....same mess over there:doh:

ekl2ekl2
07-12-12, 23:18
Today I was in Orchard.

I was also there this evening. Agree so long queue just to get in from Dhoby Ghaut MRT, waited 3 rounds just to squeeze in. And alamak, so squeezy that I cannot use my phone to surf condoforum!

kane
07-12-12, 23:29
I never go to orchard unless i have taka or robinson's voucher to spend. Haha.

august
07-12-12, 23:40
once isetan opens at jurong east, no more reason to go orchard.

kane
07-12-12, 23:43
Isetan sale will be super packed there.

Allthepies
07-12-12, 23:45
Very true. :cheers1:

Kanarazu
07-12-12, 23:55
Today I was in Orchard.

Our train carriages are undersized and too few cars. Just compare HK and Taipei you can see the big difference.

phantom_opera
08-12-12, 00:32
Vivocity is my favorite ... never go Orchard ...unless I have a voucher from FEO or visit Mt E :scared-3:

sh
08-12-12, 03:19
it will be keep moving up until suddenly it snaps and plunges.... just dunno when :scared-5:

Data doesn't say going up very fast leh.... Last data says go up approx 1% a month. Quite reasonable what....:)

Credit Suisse says 8% till 2017... Where got fast...

With inflation not far behind, it's manageable.

I'll be very happy if it Cheong faster:cheers5: , but its not... Perhaps it's the headlines that is giving the perception.:beats-me-man:

radha08
08-12-12, 07:28
Data doesn't say going up very fast leh.... Last data says go up approx 1% a month. Quite reasonable what....:)

Credit Suisse says 8% till 2017... Where got fast...

With inflation not far behind, it's manageable.

I'll be very happy if it Cheong faster:cheers5: , but its not... Perhaps it's the headlines that is giving the perception.:beats-me-man:

yes its the headlines...:rolleyes:

yowetan
08-12-12, 07:48
I sincerely hoping the market would crash or heading for a major correction.

It will give me an opportunity to grab my Mt Sinai property.

Shanhz
08-12-12, 07:56
I sincerely hoping the market would crash or heading for a major correction.

It will give me an opportunity to grab my Mt Sinai property.

in the meantime, your bank ask you to top up your FV

buttercarp
08-12-12, 07:57
I was also there this evening. Agree so long queue just to get in from Dhoby Ghaut MRT, waited 3 rounds just to squeeze in. And alamak, so squeezy that I cannot use my phone to surf condoforum!

When my mobile phone rang, I couldn't even stretch out to get it cos it was too crowded. Lucky the carriage I was in had mainly ladies, so we stand packed like sardines also nevermind.

Yup, can't wait for it to open.
However, I hope they will carry the brands in Orchard Road.
I find the Isetan at NEX CMI.
Can't seem to find anything that I can buy there.
The clothes there don't seem fashionable.

roly8
08-12-12, 08:19
frankly sporean got no more identity...the only identity people have is the type of house you stay and the kind of car u drive...so that is why COE sky high and house price sky high....:cool:

I just got back from a trip To KL...spend a few days there at my cousin place....life is TOTALLY different...life there also in a MESS....BIG house BIG car but NO security....:doh:

very true!
good post, bro radha! :o

solsys
08-12-12, 08:24
Two more years before party over

chestnut
08-12-12, 08:34

Lucky not 1 year... Hahahaha.

Say if u have 1 mil property and up 10%, how much u make???

If say downpayment is 200k, how many % on ROI over 2 years? Oops, what about rental yield?

Hahahahahaha... What if u own 4 units??? 4 mil, 10% growth = how much made ???:confused: :confused: :confused:

Just TCSS today... Wierd Saturday morning.

yowetan
08-12-12, 08:46
A crash will help to reset our economy and affordability.

ekl2ekl2
08-12-12, 08:47
When my mobile phone rang, I couldn't even stretch out to get it cos it was too crowded. Lucky the carriage I was in had mainly ladies, so we stand packed like sardines also nevermind.

The Orchard red MRT line reminds me of Hong Kong MongKok stretch of stations. Just extremely crowded during peak hours.

The good thing is that the crowds are generally orderly. The problem comes when one is in a rush. The more courteous ones may have to wait for a few rounds of trains unless don't mind squeezing with people near the sliding doors. For those who have not experienced real crowd and claustrophobia feeling in Singapore, should go try it.

Our population has certainly grown and hopefully the pockets of spaces where there are lesser crowds will not dry up totally in time to come.

chestnut
08-12-12, 08:49
A crash will help to reset our economy and affordability.

Are u hoping or expecting??? 2 different story...

1 word change in between the sentence will have diff meaning

1. I hope to be rich in 2 yr
2. I expect to be rich in 2 yr

Hahahaha:cheers4:

indomie
08-12-12, 09:01
Then come 31st of December 2015... Asian economic community began.
Asean white collar workers will come in wave. Replacing the over paid sg workers. Those in their 50s will find it hard to compete. Their choice is to take pay cut or retrenchment. The smartest and brightest of these asean workers will take PR ship and eventually citizenship. Even my prediction is wrong, the margin of error is still low. Now we are having a hard time competing with the rich foreigners. I can't imagine having to compete with the young and the brightest too at the same time.

roly8
08-12-12, 09:23
Then come 31st of December 2015... Asian economic community began.
Asean white collar workers will come in wave. Replacing the over paid sg workers. Those in their 50s will find it hard to compete. Their choice is to take pay cut or retrenchment. The smartest and brightest of these asean workers will take PR ship and eventually citizenship. Even my prediction is wrong, the margin of error is still low. Now we are having a hard time competing with the rich foreigners. I can't imagine having to compete with the young and the brightest too at the same time.

bro, quite true leh.. i got this feeling too..

indomie
08-12-12, 09:25
I really don't think the gov is building now to oversupply. Its unthinkable that sg gov is willing to waste precious land to build empty flat. It will be filled up. Housing land is always in constant competition with other land usage such as industrial, tourism, infrastructure, education, health, etc. The idea that there is too much housing in sg is beyond me. If u can fast forward to the future to see how much the actual land left for housing, the answer is not that much left.

roly8
08-12-12, 09:28
I really don't think the gov is building now to oversupply. Its unthinkable that sg gov is willing to waste precious land to build empty flat. It will be filled up. Housing land is always in constant competition with other land usage such as industrial, tourism, infrastructure, education, health, etc. The idea that there is too much housing in sg is beyond me. If u can fast forward to the future to see how much the actual land left for housing, the answer is not that much left.

really not much land left in sg?
:o

indomie
08-12-12, 09:29
What keeping the property price in sg is still affordable is the single thing call "GLS". Once this GLS stopped even your empty flat will shoot up like crazy.

roly8
08-12-12, 09:37
What keeping the property price in sg is still affordable is the single thing call "GLS". Once this GLS stopped even your empty flat will shoot up like crazy.

omg..

bro indo, u got so much "secret" info. :scared-4:

indomie
08-12-12, 09:40
omg..

bro indo, u got so much "secret" info. :scared-4:
Another secret info.. GLS will stop NOT when sg is 100% full. It will stop when sg is around 70% full. That means it will happen sooner rather than later.

Kanarazu
08-12-12, 09:42
I never go to orchard unless i have taka or robinson's voucher to spend. Haha.

Same here... Only go there to use my taka vouchers. :)

I go there for the crystal jade timsum too.

chiaberry
08-12-12, 09:44
Another secret info.. GLS will stop NOT when sg is 100% full. It will stop when sg is around 70% full. That means it will happen sooner rather than later.

Bro indomie you are such a good marketing agent for SG property. Makes us want to go and grab more before it runs out. Is the situation really that bad? We can also spread to Iskandar no? Hopefully M'sia security problems might be sorted out in a decade or two if they want to enjoy the same progress as SG.

Rosy
08-12-12, 09:46
I only drive into orchard on sunday nowadays. No erp and certain parts of orchard are not crowded. In fact, heartland malls are much more crowded during weekends and parking is a problem.

East Lover
08-12-12, 09:53
I only drive into orchard on sunday nowadays. No erp and certain parts of orchard are not crowded. In fact, heartland malls are much more crowded during weekends and parking is a problem.
I go orchard at least monthly for facial and nail. Not that bad leh. Maybe now is Christmas season and lighting up bah. I feel all the malls there are much less ppl comparing with tampines mall and tampines one :D

I haven't managed to park my car in TM many many years liao... I have to park in Citibank there...:o

peterng8
08-12-12, 09:54

may i know is your '100% full' implies population number? if it is, next Qn is what is the population when singapore is '100% full'? N what is the population currently? :cheers3:

Rosy
08-12-12, 09:57
I go orchard at least monthly for facial and nail. Not that bad leh. Maybe now is Christmas season and lighting up bah. I feel all the malls there are much less ppl comparing with tampines mall and tampines one :D

I haven't managed to park my car in TM many many years liao... I have to park in Citibank there...:o
Yes TM is a nightmare from fri-sun.

I prefer to drive to central malls like Novena sq and marina sq during weekends

jwong71
08-12-12, 09:59
Bro indomie you are such a good marketing agent for SG property. Makes us want to go and grab more before it runs out. Is the situation really that bad? We can also spread to Iskandar no? Hopefully M'sia security problems might be sorted out in a decade or two if they want to enjoy the same progress as SG.

Might have the same effect of spill~over. Just like hk properties are too expensive for the commoners, shenzhen properties are bgt by some hongkies.

Becos of the mrt make it easier to travel back hk for work

indomie
08-12-12, 10:01
My prediction is iskandar will lose its novelty and charm after sometime. Its easy to buy a luxury car, but it cost a lot to pump fuel into it and regular maintenance. Sg is where the money is. It will be maintained and upgrade constantly. Iskandar has people to pump money now, therefore is attractive. But nothing can guarantee these people to keep pumping money. They might decide to cash out in 20 years time. Sg is a country, its totally in different league as iskandar

DKSG
may i know is your '100% full' implies population number? if it is, next Qn is what is the population when singapore is '100% full'? N what is the population currently? :cheers3:

Manhattan is also consider FULL wor!

There is no such thing as a Singapore being FULL!

Government controls the number of people coming into Singapore.
Government controls the amount of land available for housing.

Hence, given time, they can left right the price.

But history has shown that they right it all the time (ie prefer price esacalation).

DKSG

Rosy
I may start to consider msia properties when i feel safe driving in with my SG registered car. Rght now, i have to rent a car in msia whenever i go over.

East Lover
08-12-12, 10:03
Might have the same effect of spill~over. Just like hk properties are too expensive for the commoners, shenzhen properties are bgt by some hongkies.

Becos of the mrt make it easier to travel back hk for work
Possible like New York? Ppl work at menhatten (sg), stay in New Jersey (JB) if u want bigger n quieter house?

Rosy
08-12-12, 10:05
Possible like New York? Ppl work at menhatten (sg), stay in New Jersey (JB) if u want bigger n quieter house?
Do you feel safe driving in your sg registered car now?

DKSG
08-12-12, 10:05
My prediction is iskandar will lose its novelty and charm after sometime. Its easy to buy a luxury car, but it cost a lot to pump fuel into it and regular maintenance. Sg is where the money is. It will be maintained and upgrade constantly. Iskandar has people to pump money now, therefore is attractive. But nothing can guarantee these people to keep pumping money. They might decide to cash out in 20 years time. Sg is a country, its totally in different league as iskandar

Agree!
If you study the Iskandar map carefully, you will realised that it is just piecemeal stuff they are pushing. There are soooo much land in between their "developing" areas. They are hoping that some naive investors will by the way invest in those areas later on and bring the area up.

Tough luck. Coz the undeveloped area is a few times of what they are developing.

Whats the point of buying an Orchard Road priced condo when it is surrounded by Tuas kinda environment ?

DKSG

Rosy
08-12-12, 10:06
Msia has to reduce poverty and stamp out illegal immigrants.

DKSG
08-12-12, 10:07

Great Minds think alike ?

Haha! THe problem is, while Sg can be compared with Manhattan, JB cannot be compared to New Jersey. JB is like .... (fill in the blanks yourself).

DKSG

DKSG
08-12-12, 10:08
Msia has to reduce poverty and stamp out illegal immigrants.
THis will take about 38 years, and the clock hasnt started.

DKSG

indomie
08-12-12, 10:11
What I mean is the land area designated for housing

peterng8
08-12-12, 10:34
What I mean is the land area designated for housing

If I remember correctly there was an info that implies Sg can take up 6 to 6.5 million people...is there a correlation of population and land area designated for housing? just my thought only ...:2cents:

roly8
08-12-12, 10:38

me also think like this.

but no one will know what future is like..

:o

Werther
08-12-12, 10:51
Agree!
If you study the Iskandar map carefully, you will realised that it is just piecemeal stuff they are pushing. There are soooo much land in between their "developing" areas. They are hoping that some naive investors will by the way invest in those areas later on and bring the area up.

Tough luck. Coz the undeveloped area is a few times of what they are developing.

Whats the point of buying an Orchard Road priced condo when it is surrounded by Tuas kinda environment ?

DKSG

I like yr description. Went in few days ago, still lot of undeveloped land surrounding iskandar, but maybe once infrastructure is up, investor or developers may come. Drove to hello kitty at puteri habour, nothing compared to our Marina @ keppel bay.. Checked with the sale staff, their 2 blocks of apt all sold now waiting to launch last and best block at M$850psf. Size 1100 sf.

Horizon hills - all sold, waiting for new launch. Is it true? My friend bot a landed 3 years ago $300k now going for $800k.

Rosy - ok to drive in with yr sg car in the day and go to popular area like tebrau or Utama setera. Quite a eye opener. The bake shop is fantastic. Try lah.

phantom_opera
08-12-12, 11:16
Baby boomers we import are all property heroes

buttercarp
08-12-12, 11:34
Same here... Only go there to use my taka vouchers. :)

I go there for the crystal jade timsum too.

Have you tried East Ocean's dimsum?
I like it better than Crystal Jade.

chiaberry
08-12-12, 11:38

You are really a good salesman for SG property. Once again :cheers5:

Now I hold on tight-tight to my property. And continue slogging at my regular job to pay the housing loands. :beats-me-man:

buttercarp
08-12-12, 11:40
I may start to consider msia properties when i feel safe driving in with my SG registered car. Rght now, i have to rent a car in msia whenever i go over.

Me too.
Don't dare to drive SG car there.
When I am in Malaysia, I don't even dare carry a bag.
I keep my things in my pocket or waist pouch.
At most I carry an ugly plastic bag or recycle bag.

I hope that by 2020, they will become safe, at least in JB.
But I don't know if that is advantageous or disadvantageous for us.

chestnut
08-12-12, 11:45
Have you tried East Ocean's dimsum?
I like it better than Crystal Jade.

Did u try DimJoy. Too bad it closed already... But the 'unique' dim sum is Ming Jiang. I actually like yum cha but find it noisy...

buttercarp
08-12-12, 12:12
Did u try DimJoy. Too bad it closed already... But the 'unique' dim sum is Ming Jiang. I actually like yum cha but find it noisy...

No, did not know that DimJoy existed :o and closed down.
Ming Jiang - haven't tried but will try on your recommendation :) .
Dimsum joints are supposed to be noisy.
I suppose the noisier, the better the food ?

moneytalk
08-12-12, 12:15
No, did not know that DimJoy existed :o and closed down.
Ming Jiang - haven't tried but will try on your recommendation :) .
Dimsum joints are supposed to be noisy.
I suppose the noisier, the better the food ?

Do go to Ming Jiang at Goodwood Park as the food is very good. I love their hot and sour soup.

yowetan
08-12-12, 12:25
Are u hoping or expecting??? 2 different story...

1 word change in between the sentence will have diff meaning

1. I hope to be rich in 2 yr
2. I expect to be rich in 2 yr

Hahahaha:cheers4:

I am expecting to generate rental income from my parents and in-laws HDB.

I am waiting for my bro-in-law to reach 35 and we will get him a HDB flat and hopefully we can rent out the room(s).

I am expecting a crash in 2 years time, and I hope the Mt Sinai area will be affordable to me.

roly8
08-12-12, 12:33
Do go to Ming Jiang at Goodwood Park as the food is very good. I love their hot and sour soup.

is it a buffet style or something else?

cavaliver
08-12-12, 14:36
I missed dim sum from Joe's Shanghai in New York :D

East Lover
08-12-12, 14:39
I missed Joe's Shanghai in New York :D
Ai yoh, we went there last nth. Too big size leh, can't finish at all! But the xiao long bao is good! Worthy for such a long time queuing :D

roly8
08-12-12, 14:46
I missed dim sum from Joe's Shanghai in New York :D

is it nice?

why not fly to hongkong to eat?
heard hongkong dim sum is yummy:o

proud owner
08-12-12, 14:49
Ai yoh, we went there last nth. Too big size leh, can't finish at all! But the xiao long bao is good! Worthy for such a long time queuing :D

where is this Joe's Shanghai NY located ?

i live here and i have not heard of it ..

moneytalk
08-12-12, 14:54
is it a buffet style or something else?

Sichuan restaurant belonging to Khoo Teck Puat's daughter. The one at Rochester Park is Min Jiang at one north. It's a fine dining restaurant.
I prefer the Ming Jiang at Goodwood Park. I think the food is better and slightly cheaper than one north.
Not buffet style, bring your date and just order a few small dishes. Will be about $70 per head or lower if you know how to order, but the food is good.

richwang
08-12-12, 14:54
http://sheylara.com/2009/05/best-xiao-long-bao-in-singapore/

http://betterdanthis.com/2010/09/22/xiao-long-bao-qun-zhong/

Try this one at Tanjong Pagar. It is just 10 mins walk from my office. But I met a group of friends traveling from Novena during lunch just for this.

Thanks,
Richard

East Lover
08-12-12, 15:05
where is this Joe's Shanghai NY located ?

i live here and i have not heard of it ..
China town. 鹿鸣春

U have to wait, wait and wait, and u may have to share table with others. We ordered as usual items, end up only finished 小笼包

Don't try their 狮子头。骗鬼佬的。
http://metroasianfood.com/restaurant/122.html

East Lover
08-12-12, 15:18

Try this one at Tanjong Pagar. It is just 10 mins walk from my office. But I met a group of friends traveling from Novena during lunch just for this.

Thanks,
Richard
This 京华小吃I think I tried before and never managed to eat in. Too long queue, hubby out of patience :D
Btw, are u that pretty girl? :D :D :D

roly8
08-12-12, 15:35
This 京华小吃I think I tried before and never managed to eat in. Too long queue, hubby out of patience :D

richwang sound like a girl meh??

me don't mind know pretty girl.. :D

richwang
08-12-12, 15:41
They have expanded to take 2 shops now. So there is no queue (at least not on weekday lunch time) although it is rather packed.

Thanks,
Richard
PS. I am not that girl, and she is not my gf. But there are lots of pretty girls (as well as handsome men) dining there.

Laguna
08-12-12, 15:41
This is the best I have ever tried, superb good and extremely cheap and I waited for 1.5hours.....

Tim Ho Wan restaurant, Hong Kong: the hottest meal ticket in town

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/foodandwineholidays/7145607/Tim-Ho-Wan-restaurant-Hong-Kong-the-hottest-meal-ticket-in-town.html

roly8
08-12-12, 16:07
This is the best I have ever tried, superb good and extremely cheap and I waited for 1.5hours.....

Tim Ho Wan restaurant, Hong Kong: the hottest meal ticket in town

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/foodandwineholidays/7145607/Tim-Ho-Wan-restaurant-Hong-Kong-the-hottest-meal-ticket-in-town.html

wtf! queue for so long?

Shanhz
08-12-12, 19:52
Do you feel safe driving in your sg registered car now?

Just went to jb on friday. Had to park my car in woodlands and walk in. Dun dare to drive my car-thief-favourite car in.

speculator
09-12-12, 08:30
Great Minds think alike ?

Haha! THe problem is, while Sg can be compared with Manhattan, JB cannot be compared to New Jersey. JB is like .... (fill in the blanks yourself).

DKSG

In that context, JB is even worse than the Brooklyn :D

radha08
09-12-12, 09:31
Just went to jb on friday. Had to park my car in woodlands and walk in. Dun dare to drive my car-thief-favourite car in.

ferrari:eek:

Douk
09-12-12, 09:32

Thanks,
Richard

Used to dine there more than 15 years ago, until they split partner into 2 stores. The other partner is at china square, tian Jin guan.

Shanhz
09-12-12, 09:35
ferrari:eek:

close.. but wrong. MASERATI!!!!! :tongue3:

yowetan
09-12-12, 10:29
The best food I have had is in local hawker fare. I am marvel by all the atas and richie rich people's choice of food.

DKSG
09-12-12, 11:43
In that context, JB is even worse than the Brooklyn :D

Confirm. Chop. Sign.

Thats why regardless of cars, etc, I dont go JB anymore unless super necessary. You wont know when they become sophisticated and able to track you down despite we leaving our cars behind here.

Sakali Maserati become Mati.

DKSG

radha08
09-12-12, 13:47
close.. but wrong. MASERATI!!!!! :tongue3:

ok bro happy for you...i love the sound of the maserati:)...enjoy your walk to jb...:tongue3:

buttercarp
09-12-12, 16:18
Confirm. Chop. Sign.

Thats why regardless of cars, etc, I dont go JB anymore unless super necessary. You wont know when they become sophisticated and able to track you down despite we leaving our cars behind here.

Sakali Maserati become Mati.

DKSG

ROTFL !!!!
I like office boy's sense of humour!
Or it can be "must sure mati" too, right :p ?

minority
09-12-12, 16:39

Why un easy? Dont everyone want it to go up? If go down then will u have a question that " I feel uneasy ( fearful) that price keep dropping. When it stop and go up?"

radha08
09-12-12, 18:17
Why un easy? Dont everyone want it to go up? If go down then will u have a question that " I feel uneasy ( fearful) that price keep dropping. When it stop and go up?"

uneasy cos dunno what govt will do next what kind of cm which might have a very BIG effect on prices...:o

buttercarp
09-12-12, 18:36
uneasy cos dunno what govt will do next what kind of cm which might have a very BIG effect on prices...:o

Bro, once you bought already, look ahead and relax :) !

yowetan
09-12-12, 20:10
I certainly hoping the latest CM will assist average joe i.e. myself to own a property in Mt Sinai.

Those who have bought earlier should not be worry if your horizon is more than 5 years and your intent is for home-stay.

I am looking forward to the latest CM. I have had learnt something in this forum - write more emails to relevant authority and address the concern of others' doing and intent so as to deter others from achieving their objective.

I have recently sent an email to URA, and Mr. Khaw regarding certain highlights I have read in this forum. Let's see if my feedback (aka whistleblowing) will be actually effective then.

indomie
09-12-12, 20:21
I certainly hoping the latest CM will assist average joe i.e. myself to own a property in Mt Sinai.

Those who have bought earlier should not be worry if your horizon is more than 5 years and your intent is for home-stay.

I am looking forward to the latest CM. I have had learnt something in this forum - write more emails to relevant authority and address the concern of others' doing and intent so as to deter others from achieving their objective.

I have recently sent an email to URA, and Mr. Khaw regarding certain highlights I have read in this forum. Let's see if my feedback (aka whistleblowing) will be actually effective then.
I heard a rumours that a sg real estate association is hiring a killer. I hope they are not after u.

PN
09-12-12, 20:41

Sounds like you're taking revenge against the whistleblower who you believe is from this forum. An eye for an eye?

What tune are you blowing?

yowetan
09-12-12, 20:45
Sounds like you're taking revenge against the whistleblower who you believe is from this forum. An eye for an eye?

What tune are you blowing?

Hi..I am just putting to practical from what I have learn in this forum.

People loves to whistleblow and enjoys writing to ministries and authorities to shower their concern. I feel I ought to contribute as well to ensure more or better CM; my tune is to make my Mt Sinai property more affordable.

minority
09-12-12, 23:28

Mt Sinai again!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

minority
09-12-12, 23:29

People loves to whistleblow and enjoys writing to ministries and authorities to shower their concern. I feel I ought to contribute as well to ensure more or better CM; my tune is to make my Mt Sinai property more affordable.

Maybe u should ask KBW to give every singapore a free PC. After all he need the vote right?

radha08
10-12-12, 01:35
Bro, once you bought already, look ahead and relax :) !

Good idea...
:)

chiaberry
10-12-12, 06:12

Better write to them to justify those with HDB being able to own PC. There are many already lobbying them to stop this. Or else your Mt Sinai dream will go out in a puff of smoke.

Ringo33
10-12-12, 06:52

actually you could be the main reason why there are so many CMs. the CMs are there to protect your family members from getting into financial difficulties and prevent average Joe with an average career from wanting to Joneses

Shanhz
10-12-12, 07:55
Better write to them to justify those with HDB being able to own PC. There are many already lobbying them to stop this. Or else your Mt Sinai dream will go out in a puff of smoke.

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

buttercarp
10-12-12, 07:56

LOL.... sis chaiberry, I like the way you put it!
I feel that in order for an existing HDB owner to own a PC at the same time, they should not be over stretched and be comfortable with mortgage payment.
So I hope the govt will discourage this group of people who have barely enough but are struggling to own both at the same time.

East Lover
10-12-12, 08:07
I feel that in order for an existing HDB owner to own a PC at the same time, they should not be over stretched and be comfortable with mortgage payment.
So I hope the govt will discourage this group of people who have barely enough but are struggling to own both at the same time.
How about this?

5 year MOP + Fully paid

azeoprop
10-12-12, 08:13

Actually they are not overstretched at all. Most of my friends whole bought new HDB during the 2002-2005 period at ultra cheap prices have already finished paying up their flats. Some of them have bought new condos liao while others waiting with cash for crash.

:beats-me-man:

Shanhz
10-12-12, 08:15
How about this?

5 year MOP + Fully paid

this is more or less in place with the existing CMs. my HDB already near 10 years, and fully paid. still i feel very stretched leh. i cannot understand how i can put so many family members under one roof just to earn the rental for the mt sinai payment. too many variables, waiting to die only. 7k/mth dual income is hardly enough for a family nowadays.

yowetan
10-12-12, 08:15
actually you could be the main reason why there are so many CMs. the CMs are there to protect your family members from getting into financial difficulties and prevent average Joe with an average career from wanting to Joneses

Hi.. You could be right; afterall there are many keen whistleblowers who wish to help me from overstretch.

Being said that, no risk no gain.

yowetan
10-12-12, 08:16
How about this?

5 year MOP + Fully paid

Hi.. I guess I will write to Mr. Khaw and invite him to this forum for some ideas exchange aka brain storming session.

DC33_2008
10-12-12, 08:21
HDB dwellers can be very cash rich just by looking at the luxury cars in the HDB carpark. Got to be careful. KBW is studying this for a while. Got to buy quickly before CM for HDB dwellers :D
How about this?

5 year MOP + Fully paid

azeoprop
10-12-12, 08:24
Hi.. I guess I will write to Mr. Khaw and invite him to this forum for some ideas exchange aka brain storming session.

Maybe he is already here....:scared-3:

buttercarp
10-12-12, 08:28
Maybe he is already here....:scared-3:

I am sure his surbodinates are reading this forum.
This is how they connect with us.

minority
10-12-12, 08:29
Yes u guys looking for me?

buttercarp
10-12-12, 08:47
Yes u guys looking for me?

Oh .... are you one of them :) ?

East Lover
10-12-12, 08:48
If Mr Khaw implement this rule, you will be not able to rent out your HDB flat, how to fulfill your D10 dream?

phantom_opera
10-12-12, 09:10
unlikely to have CM restricting existing HDB owners ... it is political suicide

MOP + fully paid not practical, the law cannot work on existing owners, then new BTO owners will kpkb and demonstrate on the streets :p

buttercarp
10-12-12, 09:37
unlikely to have CM restricting existing HDB owners ... it is political suicide

Depends.
If the majority of HDB dwellers are not going to buy PC as 2nd property, then it is not.
The vocal ones may not represent the majority.
HDB prices should remain affordable for first timers and those who need a roof over their heads.

phantom_opera
10-12-12, 09:44
Depends.
If the majority of HDB dwellers are not going to buy PC as 2nd property, then it is not.
The vocal ones may not represent the majority.
HDB prices should remain affordable for first timers and those who need a roof over their heads.

aiyo .. new BTO is very affordable lah ... I am sure within PAP every member aspires to upgrade to PC :p

yowetan
10-12-12, 09:48
If Mr Khaw implement this rule, you will be not able to rent out your HDB flat, how to fulfill your D10 dream?

Hi.. I prefer Mr. Khaw implement the rule - I prefer lesser competition; people unable to fulfill their dream. I have a choice - I can sell off and continue renting out my parents and in-laws HDBs.

I am basically advocate the thinking of a whistleblower.

Rosy
10-12-12, 09:55
Majority owns hdb.

phantom_opera
10-12-12, 09:56
yowetan is a dangerous man now ... a hungry and bitter man is an angry man

Rosy
10-12-12, 09:57
B in disguise?

indomie
10-12-12, 10:06
yowetan is a dangerous man now ... a hungry and bitter man is an angry man
Yes.. Food is very important. Don't be stingy on food, or it will quicky take away the joy of life. Especially if you have growing children. Let them have anything they want within reason. Property is important, but food is way more important.

Rosy
10-12-12, 10:16
Yes.. Food is very important. Don't be stingy on food, or it will quicky take away the joy of life. Especially if you have growing children. Let them have anything they want within reason. Property is important, but food is way more important.
He mentioned his in laws cook at home which is good. Alot better than outside food.

indomie
10-12-12, 10:34
He mentioned his in laws cook at home which is good. Alot better than outside food.
Even though I am positive on sg property, I don't advocate buying beyond your means nor putting all your resources into property basket. That is so immature.

minority
10-12-12, 18:17
Well i think he shoukd just sell everything pawn his underware n go casino do a show hand.

1 hand decide his faith. Like this UK guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OAUCu7YVikc

Shanhz
10-12-12, 21:34
aiyo .. new BTO is very affordable lah ... I am sure within PAP every member aspires to upgrade to PC :p

bet every single one of the HDB senior management, if they dun already stay in landed, are probably staying in PC and renting out their HDB

minority
10-12-12, 22:22
bet every single one of the HDB senior management, if they dun already stay in landed, are probably staying in PC and renting out their HDB

maybe u should quantified ur statement with more facts.

Shanhz
11-12-12, 08:08
maybe u should quantified ur statement with more facts.

it's a bet
i'll wager a dollar on it. maybe you can find out and let me know the facts.

mcmlxxvi
11-12-12, 10:54

I don't mind surviving on just indomie... nice chewy and tasty.

indomie
11-12-12, 11:00
Believe it or not. During my student time in perth australia I used to hunt for abalone down the beach. So much of my meal is instant noodle with abalone. Oishi...

chestnut
11-12-12, 11:03

Looks like you are either Daryl or John (Hall and Oates)...

Maneater

indomie
11-12-12, 11:10
I have to admit many forumers here are so darn smart.

DC33_2008
11-12-12, 11:12
I think is the guts. Smart people may not have the guts.

buttercarp
11-12-12, 11:20
I think is the guts. Smart people may not have the guts.

Agreed.
Brainy people may not have guts.

DC33_2008
11-12-12, 11:25
Met someone last weekend from malaysia in an exhibition. He was working in Singapore for the last 40 years upon graduation. He lament that property prices are so expensive in singapore. I thought he would have already made it in life after 40 years in singapore. But he told me that he was all along in a tea-cup looking within it. What a pity?:o

Shanhz
11-12-12, 12:06
Met someone last weekend from malaysia in an exhibition. He was working in Singapore for the last 40 years upon graduation. He lament that property prices are so expensive in singapore. I thought he would have already made it in life after 40 years in singapore. But he told me that he was all along in a tea-cup looking within it. What a pity?:o

for malaysians, the ball game is different. work in sgp, buy in KL. good location shophouses mainly. it is even better than the sgp ppty game. if he missed that out as well, then i hv nothing to say.

roly8
11-12-12, 12:09

me is only IT smart..

still newbie in property :o

ctng78
11-12-12, 13:26
for malaysians, the ball game is different. work in sgp, buy in KL. good location shophouses mainly. it is even better than the sgp ppty game. if he missed that out as well, then i hv nothing to say.

Yup, I fully agree. Now Iskandar is another another KL in the making. If miss again - like this. :banghead: