PDA

View Full Version : A very sincere advice to young property investors:

blackjack21trader
15-12-12, 19:22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNt-0Q4-QF8

blackjack21trader
16-12-12, 05:46
the reason why so many guniangs in our current age is because of the songs the young are listening to now...very guniangs one...esp. k pop.

blackjack21trader
16-12-12, 05:47

i suggest we go back to basic and ask young punks to listen to the songs we listened last time. this will bring out their fighting spirit to succeed in property investment.

blackjack21trader
16-12-12, 06:08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm0jGTAKJWI

PN
16-12-12, 09:12
I like 林子祥

No more K-pop? Oooooooooo....OK.
All youngster must sing this song in School :D :scared-4: :ashamed1::scared-1:

我是年轻的卫国军
有的是满腔的热血
有的是精力充沛
相信我吧!新加坡

我要用这股力量
献身与新加坡
我要把敌人消灭
相信我吧!新加坡

我是年轻的卫国军
有的是满腔的热血
有的是精力充沛
相信我吧!新加坡

我要用这股力量
献身与新加坡
我要把敌人消灭
相信我吧!新加坡

price
16-12-12, 10:24
you made me click on this thread for nothing bro!

blackjack21trader
16-12-12, 10:33
you made me click on this thread for nothing bro!

what talking you?

READ THE LYRICS!

Every sentence is a secret to property investment success!

blackjack21trader
16-12-12, 10:36
what talking you?

READ THE LYRICS!

Every sentence is a secret to property investment success!

Like what the lyrics advised:

To succeed in property investment, you have to:

1) To persevere.

2) Take the failure like success.

3) Energy and drive.

4) Courage.

5) Hardwork.

Sigh...you must be a young man not more than 35 years old la.

And you are now a guniang after years of listening to sissy songs.

proud owner
16-12-12, 10:41
Bro BJ

Apart from being a Director of a real estate agency
I feel you can be a creative director in advertising.

You have a niche in getting the attention thru your alternative methods of getting a message across

QUOTE=blackjack21trader]Like what the lyrics advised:

1) To persevere.

3) Energy and drive.

4) Courage.

5) Hardwork.

And you are now a guniang after years of listening to sissy songs.[/QUOTE]

blackjack21trader
16-12-12, 10:42
Bro BJ

Apart from being a Director of a real estate agency
I feel you can be a creative director in advertising.

You have a niche in getting the attention thru your alternative methods of getting a message across

QUOTE=blackjack21trader]Like what the lyrics advised:

1) To persevere.

3) Energy and drive.

4) Courage.

5) Hardwork.

And you are now a guniang after years of listening to sissy songs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks brother proud owner. You guys are really nice to me. I was trying to irritate you guys and yet you so nice to me leh.

blackjack21trader
16-12-12, 10:45
I like 林子祥

No more K-pop? Oooooooooo....OK.
All youngster must sing this song in School :D :scared-4: :ashamed1::scared-1:

我是年轻的卫国军
有的是满腔的热血
有的是精力充沛
相信我吧!新加坡

我要用这股力量
献身与新加坡
我要把敌人消灭
相信我吧!新加坡

我是年轻的卫国军
有的是满腔的热血
有的是精力充沛
相信我吧!新加坡

我要用这股力量
献身与新加坡
我要把敌人消灭
相信我吧!新加坡

This is good advice. I am in my 40s. During my teens, we listen to songs that encourage the human souls to succeed in life. But now listen to the k pop, what they sing? love dump and get dumped by love....

like that listen for another 5 years, sure become sissy ( or guniang ) one.

blackjack21trader
16-12-12, 10:46
listen to this one la, good advice for property investors wannabe or, gu-niangs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4

Localite
17-12-12, 11:47
Dear BJ,

Please give us your advise re property market in 2013.

Would prices continue the uptrend.

Would rental maintain in terms of absolute value (not %)

Thanks very much bro BJ! You are the best.

blackjack21trader
17-12-12, 12:57
Dear BJ,

Dear young man, I am so happy you ask uncle BJ this question. So happy because at the very least, you are motivated to invest.

Much has been discussed in my other 2 threads " 2013 double headed serpent" and "2013 new record volume.".

However,I believe you are asking my opinion again in the perspective of a young investor. As a young investor, unless you are from a filthy rich family like me, I think you are likely to invest in:

1) HDB
2) Executive Condo
3) Private Condo in RCR
4) Private Condo in OCR.

2013 will see the full recovery of the USA economy. As such, by middle of 2013 China will also start to move the Asia property markets again.

In Singapore, we will see both NEW HDB and NEW Executive Condo remains a very steady growth . This is due to Ah Khaw increasing the supply side of this segment. (wahpiangeh, the way he is attacking like a warrior, scared the hell out of many developers la ! )

So, these 2 segments will remain very affordable and value for money.

However, methink the resale EC and HDB market of this segment will see an increase of between 8 to 18 % depending on the infrastructure of the estate they are located in.

Volume of transaction in this segment will remain very very strong in new and resale HDB. NEW EC volume should be lower, but should pick up around middle of 2013. This is because those buying EC are more affluent and hence more kiasi la...WHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

blackjack21trader
17-12-12, 13:00
Dear BJ,

Rental in all segments except landed to continue rocketing.

Enuff said.

blackjack21trader
17-12-12, 13:31
Rental in all segments except landed to continue rocketing.

Enuff said.

btw, just to add.

many siaolangs in CNA and those brainwashed by the angmohs are shouting property crash arh crash arh in 2013. they say i saiolang, tell you something, they are the REAL siaolangs la.

Singapore property market is very special. Special as it is a safe haven. Safe haven because our government are decisive in taking actions to stabilise our property market. You see many other property markets crash is because of their retarded policy makers la.

I worked out an interest rate that can crash our property market: it is 12%. Now, the question here is, will our government allowed the interest rate of a low 2% to shoot to 12% overnight? further more, Ben already warned the rest he will make sure interest rates remain low, so the siaolangs all wanna go against MAS and FED isit?

Now you can see i not siaolang and it is the analysts that are siao one boh?

blackjack21trader
17-12-12, 13:35
btw, just to add.

many siaolangs in CNA and those brainwashed by the angmohs are shouting property crash arh crash arh in 2013. they say i saiolang, tell you something, they are the REAL siaolangs la.

Singapore property market is very special. Special as it is a safe haven. Safe haven because our government are decisive in taking actions to stabilise our property market. You see many other property markets crash is because of their retarded policy makers la.

I worked out an interest rate that can crash our property market: it is 12%. Now, the question here is, will our government allowed the interest rate of a low 2% to shoot to 12% overnight? further more, Ben already warned the rest he will make sure interest rates remain low, so the siaolangs all wanna go against MAS and FED isit?

Now you can see i not siaolang and it is the analysts that are siao one boh?

another scenario that can crash our market is the shoot up of unemployment rates to 8% or more. So those siaolang are predicting Singapore unemployment rates will shoot from near 1% to 8% overnight isit?

how siao can they be? chey......!

chestnut
17-12-12, 13:38
Bro, when u go to a forum and everyone tell u buy prop surely make money, then u worry - euphoria has happened. Hahaha

Aren't u glad everyone has not jumped onto the bandwagon?
Hahahahaha

blackjack21trader
17-12-12, 13:39
another scenario that can crash our market is the shoot up of unemployment rates to 8% or more. So those siaolang are predicting Singapore unemployment rates will shoot from near 1% to 8% overnight isit?

how siao can they be? chey......!

maybe not crash but i should say property prices drop instead la, if unemployment at 8%. because even at 8% unemployment rate, property market will still remain strong because of the high saving rates in Singapore.

blackjack21trader
17-12-12, 13:41
Bro, when u go to a forum and everyone tell u buy prop surely make money, then u worry - euphoria has happened. Hahaha

Aren't u glad everyone has not jumped onto the bandwagon?
Hahahahaha

I would really worry when the cleaners talk about buying a CCR condo la.

wahahhahahahahahah

chestnut
17-12-12, 13:44

wahahhahahahahahah

Bro, dont worry, the day will never come even in your children's lifetime... Hahahahahahaha

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

blackjack21trader
17-12-12, 13:47
Bro, dont worry, the day will never come even in your children's lifetime... Hahahahahahaha

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

that is true. but after seeing how wallstreet sold all the bad loans to the unemployed and the low income to buy property, i always on the guard la.

that is why, i keep emphasizing we NEED TO UPKEEP THE STANDARD OF GOOD GOVERNANCE.

:cheers4:

chestnut
17-12-12, 13:49
that is true. but after seeing how wallstreet sold all the bad loans to the unemployed and the low income to buy property, i always on the guard la.

The sub prime thinggy... None of them could well afford the "CCRs". They did not have "HDBs". So this people bot the "entry to early mid" level housing...

So the mass market got hit very badly....

In Singapore, the mass market is actually HDB.... 80/20 rule. 80%hdb, 20% private.

Cheers

:cheers4::cheers5::cheers3:

blackjack21trader
17-12-12, 13:52
The sub prime thinggy... None of them could well afford the "CCRs". They did not have "HDBs". So this people bot the "entry to early mid" level housing...

So the mass market got hit very badly....

In Singapore, the mass market is actually HDB.... 80/20 rule. 80%hdb, 20% private.

Cheers

:cheers4::cheers5::cheers3:

yes, i agree with you. that is how i see it too. i am worried not for the educated and well informed young men. but i worried for young punks like yowetan.

:(

chestnut
17-12-12, 13:54

that is why, i keep emphasizing we NEED TO UPKEEP THE STANDARD OF GOOD GOVERNANCE.

Bro, the theory of having everyone own a home was rite... The execution was wrong... This people started buying extra home to flip. This people borrowed extra against their "increased" property value and spent without a thot. Exuberance... But no one thot them financial in school wat??? Just like in any education system in the world.... So wat to do... History will always repeat itself to a certain extend....

chestnut
17-12-12, 13:59
yes, i agree with you. that is how i see it too. i am worried not for the educated and well informed young men. but i worried for young punks like yowetan.

:(

Bro, some people will only want to listen to what they want to hear... Tell someone who takes drugs to quit and you will get hamtam...

I also feel like you but there is so much we can do.... We can at least share with people who understand and input the sharing into their strategy....

In a class of 40 whereby you have people who have say
- 10 scored 270 in PSLE
- 10 socred 250 in PSLE
- 10 scored 220 in PSLE
- 10 scored 170 in PSLE

How are you going to conduct the class????

Those who scored low need to do more reading and catching up to follow the class wat... If not the people who scored high will need to slow down to allow the 170s to catch up...

Sad but true...

:(:(:(:(:( So how????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Laguna
17-12-12, 14:27
Well, rather upset why no one ask me for advice for the young investors!

First, must have the knowledge, next the wisdom, third, must have the capital and then have the gut to see the market and move before anyone move.

For people just posted two lines questions to the gurus here, I just have to say, they are still a distance to learn.

blackjack21trader
17-12-12, 16:25
Well, rather upset why no one ask me for advice for the young investors!

First, must have the knowledge, next the wisdom, third, must have the capital and then have the gut to see the market and move before anyone move.

For people just posted two lines questions to the gurus here, I just have to say, they are still a distance to learn.

yes i agree with ur advice! kudos!

DKSG
17-12-12, 22:47

wahahhahahahahahah

What about when cleaners talk about buying OCR condo leh ?
That day may not be too far away.

Office Boy will now and then talk to cleaners since I need them to clean up the office ... many are now talking about how much they can sell their HDB for and whether can buy OCR condos ...

DKSG

kane
17-12-12, 23:02
the reason why so many guniangs in our current age is because of the songs the young are listening to now...very guniangs one...esp. k pop.

some of those k pop boy band member, i don't even know where it is a guy or a manly looking woman...

chestnut
18-12-12, 05:31
Bro, can I ask a 'stupid' question. How much does your cleaner earn? Hahahahahaha.

I want to apply for the job in your office... I only earn so little. Hahahahahaha. Can pm me if got vacancy... Hahahahaha

Office Boy will now and then talk to cleaners since I need them to clean up the office ... many are now talking about how much they can sell their HDB for and whether can buy OCR condos ...

DKSG

Shanhz
18-12-12, 05:31

DKSG

practically possible to do if they stay in redhill and move to woodlands OCR. sell 5rm hdb in redhill 800k can buy northoaks leow.

chestnut
18-12-12, 05:38
practically possible to do if they stay in redhill and move to woodlands OCR. sell 5rm hdb in redhill 800k can buy northoaks leow.

Brudder, how many of such situation have u seen???? Brudder, this cleaners tend to be old and looking for 'maintenance' of their life. They need supplement $$$$. There will be exceptions, but please don't look for exceptions... Look for majority. Look for the 80, not the 20. For it is the 80 that will create demand and move mountain... The 20 can only move mole hill...

Hahahahahahaha

Oops, I think back, maybe you all are rite... Cleaners talk about condo upgrade and execute, u better offload in due time... :cheers5: :cheers5:

Bro, in stock market, when ah Soh talk about stock, it means time for a "crash" because everyone is in... No one else to sell to... Peak has been established...

Oops, paiseh... People tell me no way of determining peak or crash... I retract wat I said... Salah... Hahahahahaha

Most of the time I salah one... Please listen to me with a whole spoon of salt... Not a pinch of salt hor....

Shanhz
18-12-12, 05:44
Brudder, how many of such situation have u seen???? Brudder, this cleaners tend to be old and looking for 'maintenance' of their life. They need supplement $$$$. There will be exceptions, but please don't look for exceptions... Look for majority. Look for the 80, not the 20. For it is the 80 that will create demand and move mountain... The 20 can only move mole hill...

Hahahahahahaha

Oops, I think back, maybe you all are rite... Cleaners talk about condo upgrade and execute, u better offload in due time... :cheers5: :cheers5:

aiya, office talk only. talk no need money. cleaners also need to have some dreams mah. dream.. and do.. is different.

in reality, ppty and stocks are 2 diff things. cleaners talk abt stock, they can go and buy. cleaners talk abt ppty.. how to buy? and to move from redhill to woodlands.. if heaven and earth. they wun do it lah.

anyway the point here is not whether they doing it or not. the fact is that OCR cost cheaper than HDB, which in all time of recent history, has been so, not just now.

chestnut
18-12-12, 05:52
Brudder, according to dksg, they talk about buying leh....

U must practice "empathy". Do cleaners talk about owning, I stress - owning
1. patek, AP, Rolex?
2. Maserati - your car?
3. Dinner at posh restaurant?
4. Condo?

They talk, yes, they talk about how expensive - yes, they talk about their children in future will have difficuty affording - yes.

Brudder, I use this forum also as a tell tale sign for me to predict the future leh... I share with you... No problem... You want to see it my way or not, I also no problem... Hahahahahaha

Most of the time I salah... So I think u all rite... No prob... Hhahahahha

:cheers4: :cheers4:

aiya, office talk only. talk no need money. cleaners also need to have some dreams mah. dream.. and do.. is different.

in reality, ppty and stocks are 2 diff things. cleaners talk abt stock, they can go and buy. cleaners talk abt ppty.. how to buy? and to move from redhill to woodlands.. if heaven and earth. they wun do it lah.

anyway the point here is not whether they doing it or not. the fact is that OCR cost cheaper than HDB, which in all time of recent history, has been so, not just now.

Cryingfreeman
18-12-12, 06:23
Brudder, according to dksg, they talk about buying leh....

U must practice "empathy". Do cleaners talk about owning, I stress - owning
1. patek, AP, Rolex?
2. Maserati - your car?
3. Dinner at posh restaurant?
4. Condo?

They talk, yes, they talk about how expensive - yes, they talk about their children in future will have difficuty affording - yes.

Brudder, I use this forum also as a tell tale sign for me to predict the future leh... I share with you... No problem... You want to see it my way or not, I also no problem... Hahahahahaha

Most of the time I salah... So I think u all rite... No prob... Hhahahahha

:cheers4: :che ers4:
Hi sir, need ur advice. Currently I just cash out from my property and bought a new condo in the west, should I fully paid the condo or use part of the money to buy another one? For example I have $1.4m in cash plus cpf than loan extra another 600k with bank to purchase the first property. Than look for a 2 beded condo for about $900k and loan another $300k from bank b than rent out the unit. Total outstanding loan 900k. Or just be happy with Wat I have dun go for any loan be happy go lucky stress less life style

buttercarp
18-12-12, 07:38
Hi sir, need ur advice. Currently I just cash out from my property and bought a new condo in the west, should I fully paid the condo or use part of the money to buy another one? For example I have $1.4m in cash plus cpf than loan extra another 600k with bank to purchase the first property. Than look for a 2 beded condo for about $900k and loan another $300k from bank b than rent out the unit. Total outstanding loan 900k. Or just be happy with Wat I have dun go for any loan be happy go lucky stress less life style

If I can take the maximum 80% LTV for first property and got enough money for the second after getting the 60% LTV, then I would buy 2 properties. Previously when I was younger, I did not think this way and wanted to pay off the loan ASAP and lead a carefree life ( which I did for many years). But as I grow older, I have to think about passive income as retirement draws nearer.

Shanhz
18-12-12, 07:49
...deleted...

Shanhz
18-12-12, 07:57
bro chestnut, actually i just made a simple comment that sell redhill can buy OCR. i never conclude now peak or not peak. aunty or no aunty. meant to be an innocent comment only.

not quite sure what you are driving at. maybe you can enlighten please.

chestnut
18-12-12, 08:16
Brudder, I not referring to u:doh:

I say will the cleaners la... Not u...

Bro, u totally misunderstand me...

Aiyo

bro... i think you have the wrong image of me.

forum.. talk is cheap. i live a very frugal life, and i have been brought up in a frugal way.

the most expensive watch i have is a tag heuer which i have been wearing for 3 years+. by the way, i bought it 2nd hand at $800. new one - 2k - too expensive for me.

my car - bought 2nd hand, drive for few years leow. humble jap. not maserati. i have never owned a new car in my whole life b4.

restaurant - i have not spent my own money to eat a $50 dollar meal... perhaps.. in the last 10 years. we eat out about say... once in 2-3 weeks. the most expensive restaurant i have ate at.. on my own $$$... is crystal jade. in the last few years.

condo - ok lah, you all know the story.

my parents supported me till JC. after that, i put myself thru uni on my own funds. every $$$ i have.. is blood and sweat that i earn myself. i still give my parents allowance. they dun have any retirement income like all of us are planning for.

emphathy? my mum worked as a cleaner (other than during times when she was a housewife). my dad worked many jobs - after losing his co in the 1980s downturn. he been everything - mama shop owner, lorry driver, taxi driver, warehouse assistant. i dunno you well - but i dun tink i need to be taught about emphathy.

i respect you for your knowledge and what you have achieved in life. but please. dun jump to conclusions so quickly.

Shanhz
18-12-12, 08:33
Brudder, I not referring to u:doh:

I say will the cleaners la... Not u...

Bro, u totally misunderstand me...

Aiyo

aiyo. now then u read this ah... i went back to read your post again and i already deleted my reply very much early. hahaha..

East Lover
18-12-12, 08:42

I agree with sis butter. Since interest is so low, u should at least buy one for rental collection. No matter what, the rental will be much more than ur bank FD interest of 1.4m cash. U are pretty safe. After 900k loan, u still have 1.1m cash on hand. U can keep for raining day or buy one more if market drop.

If I can take the maximum 80% LTV for first property and got enough money for the second after getting the 60% LTV, then I would buy 2 properties. Previously when I was younger, I did not think this way and wanted to pay off the loan ASAP and lead a carefree life ( which I did for many years). But as I grow older, I have to think about passive income as retirement draws nearer.

chestnut
18-12-12, 08:42
aiyo. now then u read this ah... i went back to read your post again and i already deleted my reply very much early. hahaha..

Ok. Glad we cleared the misunderstanding. Ok bro. U must have empathy - put one self in a person shoe without feelings involved. Diff from sympathy. Ok. U have empathy, u will understand human behavior. Then u can predict. U also need knowledge on economy - supply demand, political impact, growth, etcc... Combine both, u see the future. Understand???

Buy me lunch, I share more with u.

Hahahaha

Better not, I have so many lunch appointments until I siam buay hoo.

Hahahaha

Shanhz
18-12-12, 08:47
Ok. Glad we cleared the misunderstanding. Ok bro. U must have empathy - put one self in a person shoe without feelings involved. Diff from sympathy. Ok. U have empathy, u will understand human behavior. Then u can predict. U also need knowledge on economy - supply demand, political impact, growth, etcc... Combine both, u see the future. Understand???

Buy me lunch, I share more with u.

Hahahaha

Better not, I have so many lunch appointments until I siam buay hoo.

Hahahaha

hahaha, i have empathy. but that is one to one. need to under HERD mentality to predict the movement of the 80% leh. that one you need to teach me. hahah.

you wake up very early leh. but i tink i earlier. cannot sleep. getting old?

chestnut
18-12-12, 09:03
hahaha, i have empathy. but that is one to one. need to under HERD mentality to predict the movement of the 80% leh. that one you need to teach me. hahah.

you wake up very early leh. but i tink i earlier. cannot sleep. getting old?

Brudder, you very greedy....

OK. If you have empathy, use it...
Start with cleaners - will they buy condo? one to one (ans : no - so you have the herd for cleaners liao).
Next - who will buy condo : typically - top 30%.... This are the group that you are interested in .... Then go one by one, then you combine alot of the ones, you have many and they form the herd.

As for me waking up early, it is a habit liao... I send my kid/s to school to steal some father time with them... Hahahaha

Shanhz
18-12-12, 09:12
Brudder, you very greedy....

OK. If you have empathy, use it...
Start with cleaners - will they buy condo? one to one (ans : no - so you have the herd for cleaners liao).
Next - who will buy condo : typically - top 30%.... This are the group that you are interested in .... Then go one by one, then you combine alot of the ones, you have many and they form the herd.

As for me waking up early, it is a habit liao... I send my kid/s to school to steal some father time with them... Hahahaha

bro, this one not greedy. this one call make use of free consultant.

no one human is the same. for every one person that cheong in, there is another person waiting on the sideline waiting for prices to drop. combine the effect plus the population and policy effects we discussed previously.. hard to say who is the herd leader.

actually... how much u can make in life... is fated one lah. analyse until paralyse. analysis is the 80%. left 20% is the instinct. that one.. you experts have to teach us when you hear your calling.

i good student hor? your 80/20 theory, very good to use. :D

zeamybro
18-12-12, 10:19

Good sharing! I have a friend who owns 3 fully paid TOP'ed condos and a 4th BUC one which he has already paid up 60% using cash, and intends to pay the remaining progressive payment with cash too. He is the conservative type who wants a carefree and loan free life.

But after listening to advices from common friends on how he should capitalize on low interest rates and make good use of the 'free money', he went on to secure a loan for this 4th BUC unit (60% LTV) and used the cash to hoot a 5th unit (80% LTV) instead.

Time changes, and people's mindsets and strategies change too :rolleyes:

Shanhz
18-12-12, 10:22
Good sharing! I have a friend who owns 3 fully paid TOP'ed condos and a 4th BUC one which he has already paid up 60% using cash, and intends to pay the remaining progressive payment with cash too. He is the conservative type who wants a carefree and loan free life.

But after listening to advices from common friends on how he should capitalize on low interest rates and make good use of the 'free money', he went on to secure a loan for this 4th BUC unit (60% LTV) and used the cash to hoot a 5th unit (80% LTV) instead.

as long got holding power during rent-less periods.

buttercarp
18-12-12, 10:33

That is so true, Shanhz!
In the midst of the buying frenzy, sometimes we may overlook this aspect.

zeamybro
18-12-12, 10:36

For fully paid condos, no need worry about rent-less.

Even if not fully paid, i would want to make sure that I am still able to pay of my monthly mortgage under the worst case scenario - ie. 0 rental. I belong to the very kiasi type...

buttercarp
18-12-12, 10:40

Even if not fully paid, i would want to make sure that I am still able to pay of my monthly mortgage under the worst case scenario - ie. 0 rental. I belong to the very kiasi type...

Same here, bro. :cheers4:

East Lover
18-12-12, 10:43

U mean 80% LTV for 4th BUC, 60% for 5th BUC?

Wow, ur friend is really doing well! Btw, any good buy nowadays? :rolleyes:

East Lover
18-12-12, 10:45

No wonder u are nominated as lease expert :rolleyes: well done my bro ! :cheers5:

blackjack21trader
18-12-12, 12:40
you guys all so young meh...woahaahahheheheheh

DKSG
18-12-12, 12:46

Hahahahahahaha

Bro, in stock market, when ah Soh talk about stock, it means time for a "crash" because everyone is in... No one else to sell to... Peak has been established...

Oops, paiseh... People tell me no way of determining peak or crash... I retract wat I said... Salah... Hahahahahaha

Most of the time I salah one... Please listen to me with a whole spoon of salt... Not a pinch of salt hor....

I think Chestnut got my point.

We are talking about the talking and mindset, not the dollars and cents...

DKSG

stl67
18-12-12, 12:48
bro, this one not greedy. this one call make use of free consultant.

no one human is the same. for every one person that cheong in, there is another person waiting on the sideline waiting for prices to drop. combine the effect plus the population and policy effects we discussed previously.. hard to say who is the herd leader.

actually... how much u can make in life... is fated one lah. analyse until paralyse. analysis is the 80%. left 20% is the instinct. that one.. you experts have to teach us when you hear your calling.

i good student hor? your 80/20 theory, very good to use. :D

i am a 80/20 person... in fact 70/30...but so far not so bad...

sunny88
18-12-12, 12:59
I just stumbled onto this forum a day ago.

Am not so young liao. Already in 40s. Wish I had come across this forum a few years back - maybe would have bought a property or two.

Now, in late forties. With 2 teens - got to save money for overseas education and plan for retirement.

Owner occupation of a modest property in Alexandra area with small loan. Have been waiting in sidelines since 2010 for prices to drop.Wanted to buy an investment property in CCR or OCR. Got the 20% cash ready. Now need 40% cash for 2 bedder $1.6m investment property. Still good to go. Tot prices will drop post Oct 2012 as investors stay away. Quite happy waiting. Tot anytime now. And waiting. and waiting...

Money shrinking. Get 0.8% p.a. interest income. When Ascentia Sky launched for $1250 psf I tot so exp! Now it is $1600 psf:banghead:

Now Echelon launched $1800psf? :scared-3:

Gurus. Any advice for not so young investor? Still can afford but kiasi - in case market drop 20% or more.

1) Bite bullet and go in?
2) Wait some more?

Shanhz
18-12-12, 13:05
Now, in late forties. With 2 teens - got to save money for overseas education and plan for retirement.

welcome!!! it's never too late. i am not guru, so i shall not comment.

but personal view on kids - i have 3. have saved up and intend to send them for local education. my stand is as a parent - i would give them the necessary, but not luxury. i will not send them for o/seas edu. want to go, save up or work for it.

put it this way - when they graduate, they may or may not come back. doesn't matter. the world's the oyster now. but who's gg to pay your retirement if they dun come back (and money also dun come back)?

so our philosophy is - prepare the kids for the world, give them bare necessity. but no luxury. o/seas edu is a luxury for us. dun expect them to feed us next time, but vice versa.

so how much of your net worth would u spend on o/seas edu? :D

iwantgizmos
18-12-12, 13:10

but personal view on kids - i have 3. have saved up and intend to send them for local education. my stand is as a parent - i would give them the necessary, but not luxury. i will not send them for o/seas edu. want to go, save up or work for it.

put it this way - when they graduate, they may or may not come back. doesn't matter. the world's the oyster now. but who's gg to pay your retirement if they dun come back (and money also dun come back)?

so our philosophy is - prepare the kids for the world, give them bare necessity. but no luxury. o/seas edu is a luxury for us. dun expect them to feed us next time, but vice versa.

we share the sentiments on parenting...

zeamybro
18-12-12, 13:15
U mean 80% LTV for 4th BUC, 60% for 5th BUC?

Wow, ur friend is really doing well! Btw, any good buy nowadays? :rolleyes:

Helloo Queen of the East .. how r u?

No, its 80% LTV for the 5th BUC, and 40% LTV for the 4th BUC (not 60% as i mentioned previously). Thats becos the 4th house he has been making progressive payment using cash up to the 60% mark, and was not on any loan.

When he bought his 5th house, he took a 80% LTV for the 5th house, and at the same time, took a 40% loan for his 4th house. In a way, the loan sequence for his 4th and 5th houses are kinda swapped :)

Sis, you really property shopping spreee ah... own so many still not enough? haha.. nothing caught my interest recently. Existing ones like Seaview very nice lor but no $$$

sunny88
18-12-12, 13:30

Actually I always tell them that I only have enuf to finance them for local tertiary but if wanna go overseas they need to get scholarship. But I would like to be prepared - personal priority placed on education. I don't expect returns on this "investment on education".

For property investment, I would like some views though. I'm quite a newbie so any thoughts will be appreciated. Need not be property guru lah - self proclaimed or accorded accolade!

Shanhz
18-12-12, 13:48
we share the sentiments on parenting...

give me 5! :cheers4:

East Lover
18-12-12, 14:03
Helloo Queen of the East .. how r u?

No, its 80% LTV for the 5th BUC, and 40% LTV for the 4th BUC (not 60% as i mentioned previously). Thats becos the 4th house he has been making progressive payment using cash up to the 60% mark, and was not on any loan.

When he bought his 5th house, he took a 80% LTV for the 5th house, and at the same time, took a 40% loan for his 4th house. In a way, the loan sequence for his 4th and 5th houses are kinda swapped :)

Sis, you really property shopping spreee ah... own so many still not enough? haha.. nothing caught my interest recently. Existing ones like Seaview very nice lor but no $$$
I see. I act smart for the loan sequence haha :ashamed1:
I think u are doing even better :) So experienced in handling lease :cheers4:

By the way, can i consult u one more thing? my tenant said got some small defect, so i arranged developer to fix. I wanted to go also, but my agent said no need, saying i can't be too attached to tenant, otherwise they will ask more and more since I so kind-hearted :o true or not? So no need to see tenant at all hah? Just collect rental can do? My previous old condo I did do routine check leh...

DKSG
18-12-12, 14:10

By the way, can i consult u one more thing? my tenant said got some small defect, so i arranged developer to fix. I wanted to go also, but my agent said no need, saying i can't be too attached to tenant, otherwise they will ask more and more since I so kind-hearted :o true or not? So no need to see tenant at all hah? Just collect rental can do? My previous old condo I did do routine check leh...

If you trust your agent, then no need.
Otherwise, do take a look.

Agents always dont want landlord to know the tenant too well because then they lose their job or cant tell lies between LL and TN.

For me, I always get to know the tenants. Doesnt mean be their best friends or what, just get to know them. But firm that any requests, go through agent. Coz agents are paid monies to bear with the grievances.

DKSG

East Lover
18-12-12, 14:28

Agents always dont want landlord to know the tenant too well because then they lose their job or cant tell lies between LL and TN.

For me, I always get to know the tenants. Doesnt mean be their best friends or what, just get to know them. But firm that any requests, go through agent. Coz agents are paid monies to bear with the grievances.

DKSG
Thanks! I think I'd better go down then...
Not saying no trust my agent, just that we already make good friend with developer liao, it's not nice to let them to handle with my tenant directly :rolleyes:

zeamybro
18-12-12, 15:19

Sis, if i were u, i would go down too. This is different from the typical tenant's complaints. This is a developer's defect. It is good to go down to make sure that the developer did a good and job to rectify the faults permanently, and not just a quick temporary job to 'cover' the defect.

Tenants are afterall tenants, they just wanna minimize troubles for themselves, so they may accept whatever solutions proposed by the developer to cover the defects with the minimal disturbance to themselves. But after the tenants have shifted out, the house is returned to you. And if the defects are not properly rectified, u will need to deal with them again (and worse, warranty period would be over by then).

However for other defects brought up by tenants (not related to the developer), i may just get my agent to go down to solve them. Yes, I try not to get too close with the tenants as I dont want them to send me sms every other day. Also, your agents will be in a better position to nego for you by bluffing your tenants that the landlord is not agreeable to this and that, but in actual fact, may not have consulted you yet. But if you meet a lousy agent, he may just side with the tenants and charge everything to you, haha.

So far the first line of contact for my tenants is my agent, who will then inform me if they were to proceed with any rectifications which involve cost. Usually i would be present for the first complaint, subsequently no ...

East Lover
18-12-12, 15:35
Sis, if i were u, i would go down too. This is different from the typical tenant's complaints. This is a developer's defect. It is good to go down to make sure that the developer did a good and job to rectify the faults permanently, and not just a quick temporary job to 'cover' the defect.

Tenants are afterall tenants, they just wanna minimize troubles for themselves, so they may accept whatever solutions proposed by the developer to cover the defects with the minimal disturbance to themselves. But after the tenants have shifted out, the house is returned to you. And if the defects are not properly rectified, u will need to deal with them again (and worse, warranty period would be over by then).

However for other defects brought up by tenants (not related to the developer), i may just get my agent to go down to solve them. Yes, I try not to get too close with the tenants as I dont want them to send me sms every other day. Also, your agents will be in a better position to nego for you by bluffing your tenants that the landlord is not agreeable to this and that, but in actual fact, may not have consulted you yet. But if you meet a lousy agent, he may just side with the tenants and charge everything to you, haha.

So far the first line of contact for my tenants is my agent, who will then inform me if they were to proceed with any rectifications which involve cost. Usually i would be present for the first complaint, subsequently no ...
Point noted! Thanks a lot my bro, as usual, u gave me very detailed solid advice :)

Nighttrain
18-12-12, 15:35
I agree with sis butter. Since interest is so low, u should at least buy one for rental collection. No matter what, the rental will be much more than ur bank FD interest of 1.4m cash. U are pretty safe. After 900k loan, u still have 1.1m cash on hand. U can keep for raining day or buy one more if market drop.
Thank for the advice.. For my case I already bought a condo @$1.4m, I m in my mid 30s plus two small kids to feed. Should I just stay at the current situation with no housing loan to pay or take up another $900k loan (since i already loan extra $600 to pay for the 40% downpayment) for another 2 beded condo. If can rent out every month soon soon than it fine with me but anything happen along the way $900k a bit difficult to swallow.if really anything cock up than got to sell 2 house . It a bit:scared-4: :scared-4: . For my point of view it should be fully settlement first property loan than save up the 40% down payment for the second one.

Shanhz
18-12-12, 15:39
Thank for the advice.. For my case I already bought a condo @$1.4m, I m in my mid 30s plus two small kids to feed. Should I just stay at the current situation with no housing loan to pay or take up another $900k loan (since i already loan extra $600 to pay for the 40% downpayment) for another 2 beded condo. If can rent out every month soon soon than it fine with me but anything happen along the way $900k a bit difficult to swallow.if really anything cock up than got to sell 2 house . It a bit:scared-4: :scared-4: . For my point of view it should be fully settlement first property loan than save up the 40% down payment for the second one.

bro no golden rule, but my personal view is LTV 50% then u can go for next ppty. quite unlikely any major crash will exceed 50% down, which means u are safe from bank top up.

underlying assumption also, is that you shld have between 6-12 mths of spare cash to pay instalment when there is no tenant during bad times.

revhappy
18-12-12, 15:40
maybe not crash but i should say property prices drop instead la, if unemployment at 8%. because even at 8% unemployment rate, property market will still remain strong because of the high saving rates in Singapore.

Unemployment will not be a problem.
The problem will be lots of MNCs are moving and will continue to move their operations overseas, due to rising rental costs and rising wages.

Foreign talent that would come to Singapore earlier for $X,000 now will not come to Singapore even for $X,000*1.3, reason rents are going up so they cannot lead a decent lifestyle here.

Companies cannot increase their salaries because in USD terms already their salary is going up.

Coupled with the fact that in the FT's own home countries the economies and wages are booming.

Coupled with that all the animosity towards FT by the locals and the gahmen tightening FT big time.

All this perfect storm will hit rentals first due to vacant units and after that no choice but need to sell due to lack of rental income and prices will crash.

blackjack21trader
27-12-12, 07:25
Dear East Lover and Allthepies, actually I had written a free ebook entitled “ HDB Millionaire” 2 years ago just for junior investors. This is still available for TOTALLY FREE NO STRING ATTACHED download on my website.

but sadly, due to my time constrain as a director of many angmo companies, it was only partially completed. Writing a book is totally different from ranting in a forum leh :( ranting like a mad man is easier as you can tell from my many posts in this forum.

anyway, time passed and of course my "advice" had already evolved. And now I am so happy you seek this answer for the young punks out there again:

1: THE HUMAN DESIGN

Brothers and sisters here are all human beings, I believe. Although I must admit there are beings from other realms in this forum.

To invest well, you have to first KNOW YOURSELVES. That is, WHAT ARE YOU, WHO ARE YOU, WHAT ARE YOU MADE UP OF. But sadly, I can tell you, young punks nowadays more interested in k-pops or k-dramas than knowing WHAT they are.

You see, The HUMAN IS DESIGNED TO WORK AS A COUPLE.

Wait a sec, you say. What ? As a couple? I mean, we are taught all genders are equal and everyone is a FREE independent individual in schools, aren't we ?

Let your handsome brother here tell you, THEY BLUFF YOU ONE LA ! WOAHAHAHHEHEHEHHE

A MAN IS WIRED TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM A WOMAN. The man is lacking in certain aspects which the woman are good at. If you like a metaphor from me, A MAN IS A BULL and A WOMAN IS A COWBOY.

What ? Brothers like chestnut would certainly say I should go back to IMH again, no?

Let me ask you a very simple question: YOU SEE ANY SUCCESSFUL INVESTOR or BILLIONAIRE NOT HAPPILY MARRIED? A few can even marry a few times ! Of course, the latter is not encouraged.

The question is, Why Billionaires are desperate to find a partner once they lose their partner? WHY? Let me tell you, herein lies the FIRST SECRET to successful investment:

1) FIND A MARRIAGE PARTNER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Because both the male and female species are wired to complement or make up for each other's strengths and weaknesses in any investment decision making.

2: The Couple is the Double Headed Serpent !

If you get married, you will have a higher combined income. Now, a married couple's income is a hedged income much like a double headed serpent.

How so? You asked your handsome brother here.

Very simple, a married couple's income is an income from 2 sources. Meaning it is lower risk than one income from one person. Ask yourself this question, in the event of a recession, touch wood BUT can you be so unlucky as both get retrenched at the same time??? See the magic message here I am trying to convey? It is a lower risk income.

Now, it will not work if say a guy and a gal cohabit together but not married. How so? Very simple, both would be on different stakes when making an investment decision. Well, human nature as it is selfish, one party can choose to run road before the investment fails. But if you are both married, die die have to try to meet any challenges put to you by life.

So, now you understand why a couple is a double headed serpent, and why combined income sources is actually a diversified risk instrument, I shall continue further my advice to young aspiring property investors with low capital of say SGD400,000. There is a trick around this.

3. Singapore HDB policy is Santa Claus Policy.

"What? Am I hearing this correctly," many young bothers and sisters now wondering if I am now typing from the IMH ( Institute of Mental Health).

Let me explain before you jump to any conclusion.

A NEW HDB gave the buyer an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE over the rest of the market segments. How so?

Because it is a very Heavily Subsidised Investment. So UNFAIR that your humble brother sometimes imagine the HDB to be headed by Santa Claus giving away free monies !

The construction costs itself for a single unit already well surpassed the price each citizen pay for a new HDB. Let alone if we were to take into consideration infrastructural costs or intangible benefits like lift lobby, carparks, gardens, public facillities like libraries and shopping malls.

To add to this ridiculous charitable act, the Singapore Government actually built MRT stations ( or MTR as known in Hong Kong, or Subways as known in angmo cities ) and light rails system within walking distance of the new projects.

Not surprisingly, the new HDB or new EC are always closer to MRT stations than the private condos. There is only one exception in the Lion City and that is ION Orchard.

What were they thinking? Unlike the Minister who spent countless sleepless nights thinking about how to curb the sizzling hot Singapore property market; your humble brother here spent countless sleepless nights wondering if HDB is really headed by Santa Claus.

Where on this Planet's developed cities can you find a new 900sqft 3 bedder apartment selling for less than S$500,000? If you convert that into British Pound or Swiss Franc, it looked even more ridiculous!

Indeed, HDB is giving you free monies- albeit not in the form of hard cold cash, but in a form of market asset value which eventually you can choose to convert into cash if you want to.

A quick mental work by your humble brother, for each new HDB unit, the buyer stands to gain at least S$20,000 from the construction costs, and at least an additional S$80,000 if you compare a similar sized HDB resale unit.

A new BTO investment of about S$300,000 would be worth around S$400,000 if put into the resale market after complying the minimum occupation period. And that is just conservatively calculating.

Then, for those uncles and aunties who bought their Marine Parade New HDB for less than S$100,000 20 years ago, it became even more ridiculous when a recent unit there was sold for a COLD HARD S$1,000,000.

Now, if we even take a high inflation modal rate of 5% annually for 20 years, the uncles and aunties still stand to gain more than S$700,000 in present value terms !

NOW YOU GET IT?

Well, if you are a young investor with little capital, you should try to get married and then ballot for Executive Condo, BTO or HDB. Then, get a loan from HDB or bank to service your asset.

Getting a HDB immediately after your marriage will have gotten you started a few hundred meters ahead from the rest of your peers in the long property investment marathon.

PAP government is on the right track, dun be brainwashed by the Internet forums.

see what my mentor said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7D3_eGaO5k

4. HDB Policy is also my Grandmother's Policy.

"You can't be serious," I heard young punks saying this infront of their iPhones to me again.

Read My Lips: HDB POLICY IS MY GRANDMOTHER'S POLICY !

wow...that was just scary man......before you tell on me and get me to lim kopi, let me quickly tell you a story:

Only a few brothers and sisters here are aware, I got to where I am today because I was born with a silver spoon. Or... I was born into a disgustingly rich family la. But anyway, that's another story.

You see, I got a head start in property investment using a S$500,000 seed money given by my 100 years old grandmother on my 19th birthday la. ( Very paiseh...I play cheat la.....WOAHAHAHEHHEHEHEHEH )

However, all is not lost! The roads to Rome are all different, but the destination is the same, my good young brothers and sisters.

"I feel like smashing his face," indeed, my third eye heard you !

Anyway, before you got all angry...listen to me for a sec.

When you buy a HDB, the subsidised rate they gave you, is.......

JUST LIKE THE SEED MONEY MY GRANDMOTHER GAVE ME !

BINGO! Now you believe that I am an enlightened being with a THIRD EYE liao bo?

I shall share with you how to capitalise on this grandmother's seed money from HDB la.

WOAHAHEHHEHEHEHEHEH

TO BE CONTINUED LATER TODAY.

神龙股侠。
NIL SINE LABORE !

East Lover
27-12-12, 08:19
翘首以待。。。:p :p :p

Dear East Lover and Allthepies, actually I had written a free ebook entitled “ HDB Millionaire” 2 years ago just for junior investors. This is still available for TOTALLY FREE NO STRING ATTACHED download on my website.

but sadly, due to my time constrain as a director of many angmo companies, it was only partially completed. Writing a book is totally different from ranting in a forum leh :( ranting like a mad man is easier as you can tell from my many posts in this forum.

anyway, time passed and of course my "advice" had already evolved. And now I am so happy you seek this answer for the young punks out there again:

1: THE HUMAN DESIGN

Brothers and sisters here are all human beings, I believe. Although I must admit there are beings from other realms in this forum.

To invest well, you have to first KNOW YOURSELVES. That is, WHAT ARE YOU, WHO ARE YOU, WHAT ARE YOU MADE UP OF. But sadly, I can tell you, young punks nowadays more interested in k-pops or k-dramas than knowing WHAT they are.

You see, The HUMAN IS DESIGNED TO WORK AS A COUPLE.

Wait a sec, you say. What ? As a couple? I mean, we are taught all genders are equal and everyone is a FREE independent individual in schools, aren't we ?

Let your handsome brother here tell you, THEY BLUFF YOU ONE LA ! WOAHAHAHHEHEHEHHE

A MAN IS WIRED TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM A WOMAN. The man is lacking in certain aspects which the woman are good at. If you like a metaphor from me, A MAN IS A BULL and A WOMAN IS A COWBOY.

What ? Brothers like chestnut would certainly say I should go back to IMH again, no?

Let me ask you a very simple question: YOU SEE ANY SUCCESSFUL INVESTOR or BILLIONAIRE NOT HAPPILY MARRIED? A few can even marry a few times ! Of course, the latter is not encouraged.

The question is, Why Billionaires are desperate to find a partner once they lose their partner? WHY? Let me tell you, herein lies the FIRST SECRET to successful investment:

1) FIND A MARRIAGE PARTNER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Because both the male and female species are wired to complement or make up for each other's strengths and weaknesses in any investment decision making.

2: The Couple is the Double Headed Serpent !

If you get married, you will have a higher combined income. Now, a married couple's income is a hedged income much like a double headed serpent.

How so? You asked your handsome brother here.

Very simple, a married couple's income is an income from 2 sources. Meaning it is lower risk than one income from one person. Ask yourself this question, in the event of a recession, touch wood BUT can you be so unlucky as both get retrenched at the same time??? See the magic message here I am trying to convey? It is a lower risk income.

Now, it will not work if say a guy and a gal cohabit together but not married. How so? Very simple, both would be on different stakes when making an investment decision. Well, human nature as it is selfish, one party can choose to run road before the investment fails. But if you are both married, die die have to try to meet any challenges put to you by life.

So, now you understand why a couple is a double headed serpent, and why combined income sources is actually a diversified risk instrument, I shall continue further my advice to young aspiring property investors with low capital of say SGD400,000. There is a trick around this.

3. Singapore HDB policy is Santa Claus Policy.

"What? Am I hearing this correctly," many young bothers and sisters now wondering if I am now typing from the IMH ( Institute of Mental Health).

Let me explain before you jump to any conclusion.

A NEW HDB gave the buyer an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE over the rest of the market segments. How so?

Because it is a very Heavily Subsidised Investment. So UNFAIR that your humble brother sometimes imagine the HDB to be headed by Santa Claus giving away free monies !

The construction costs itself for a single unit already well surpassed the price each citizen pay for a new HDB. Let alone if we were to take into consideration infrastructural costs or intangible benefits like lift lobby, carparks, gardens, public facillities like libraries and shopping malls.

To add to this ridiculous charitable act, the Singapore Government actually built MRT stations ( or MTR as known in Hong Kong, or Subways as known in angmo cities ) and light rails system within walking distance of the new projects.

Not surprisingly, the new HDB or new EC are always closer to MRT stations than the private condos. There is only one exception in the Lion City and that is ION Orchard.

What were they thinking? Unlike the Minister who spent countless sleepless nights thinking about how to curb the sizzling hot Singapore property market; your humble brother here spent countless sleepless nights wondering if HDB is really headed by Santa Claus.

Where on this Planet's developed cities can you find a new 900sqft 3 bedder apartment selling for less than S$500,000? If you convert that into British Pound or Swiss Franc, it looked even more ridiculous!

Indeed, HDB is giving you free monies- albeit not in the form of hard cold cash, but in a form of market asset value which eventually you can choose to convert into cash if you want to.

A quick mental work by your humble brother, for each new HDB unit, the buyer stands to gain at least S$20,000 from the construction costs, and at least an additional S$80,000 if you compare a similar sized HDB resale unit.

A new BTO investment of about S$300,000 would be worth around S$400,000 if put into the resale market after complying the minimum occupation period. And that is just conservatively calculating.

Then, for those uncles and aunties who bought their Marine Parade New HDB for less than S$100,000 20 years ago, it became even more ridiculous when a recent unit there was sold for a COLD HARD S$1,000,000.

Now, if we even take a high inflation modal rate of 5% annually for 20 years, the uncles and aunties still stand to gain more than S$700,000 in present value terms !

NOW YOU GET IT?

Well, if you are a young investor with little capital, you should try to get married and then ballot for Executive Condo, BTO or HDB. Then, get a loan from HDB or bank to service your asset.

Getting a HDB immediately after your marriage will have gotten you started a few hundred meters ahead from the rest of your peers in the long property investment marathon.

PAP government is on the right track, dun be brainwashed by the Internet forums.

see what my mentor said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7D3_eGaO5k

4. HDB Policy is also my Grandmother's Policy.

"You can't be serious," I heard young punks saying this infront of their iPhones to me again.

Read My Lips: HDB POLICY IS MY GRANDMOTHER'S POLICY !

wow...that was just scary man......before you tell on me and get me to lim kopi, let me quickly tell you a story:

Only a few brothers and sisters here are aware, I got to where I am today because I was born with a silver spoon. Or... I was born into a disgustingly rich family la. But anyway, that's another story.

You see, I got a head start in property investment using a S$500,000 seed money given by my 100 years old grandmother on my 19th birthday la. ( Very paiseh...I play cheat la.....WOAHAHAHEHHEHEHEHEH )

However, all is not lost! The roads to Rome are all different, but the destination is the same, my good young brothers and sisters.

"I feel like smashing his face," indeed, my third eye heard you !

Anyway, before you got all angry...listen to me for a sec.

When you buy a HDB, the subsidised rate they gave you, is.......

JUST LIKE THE SEED MONEY MY GRANDMOTHER GAVE ME !

BINGO! Now you believe that I am an enlightened being with a THIRD EYE liao bo?

I shall share with you how to capitalise on this grandmother's seed money from HDB la.

WOAHAHEHHEHEHEHEHEH

TO BE CONTINUED LATER TODAY.

神龙股侠。
NIL SINE LABORE !

East Lover
27-12-12, 11:42
What's the advice for those married couple who already finished the HDB MOP, and eyeing for 2nd, 3rd PC? :rolleyes:

blackjack21trader
27-12-12, 13:21
What's the advice for those married couple who already finished the HDB MOP, and eyeing for 2nd, 3rd PC? :rolleyes:

Beloved East Lover !

This is a great question you ask. You ask this question is so wonderful that my Third Eye started to wink and blink. And It says:

" Hear not the rumors on the streets, nor see the lies by the golden heads."
" Seek but in the City called the Lion's Den."
" Guarded by Lions and blessed by the SkyPeople."
" It is only here that Safe Haven is found."
" Free from Poverty, Crimes and Disasters."
" Seek here where the black heads are..for"
" Once the Strata reached the peaks, the Non-strata would have reached the bottom."
" Then it is time the once young man, now a middle aged man, can enter the gates of the landed house easily."

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

blackjack21trader
27-12-12, 13:44
Beloved East Lover !

This is a great question you ask. You ask this question is so wonderful that my Third Eye started to wink and blink. And It says:

" Once the Strata reached the peaks, the Non-strata would have reached the bottom."
" Then it is time the once young man, now a middle aged man, can enter the gates of the landed house easily."

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

Then, as I was about to wake up from my meditation..I saw...

The king of Atlantis sat before me.

With almost a whisper, he said....
"My kingdom is doomed.."

"How so?" I asked.

"My people are getting smaller and smaller...." he cried,
" My army is getting weaker and my farms are drying up..."

"How can I help? " I offered.

"Help me not for I am the lesson your people should learn.." tears flowing down his eyes. "If you wish to help, it is consolation you should give and let your people know...that all Great Empires fell because of a small population..."

Suddenly, I saw Atlantis sank into the ocean.

神龙股侠。

Pynchmail
27-12-12, 15:48
Atlantis!? :doh:

phantom_opera
27-12-12, 15:55
I nominated Bro BJ as our Creative Director :D

price
27-12-12, 15:55
What's the advice for people who bought private before subsidised flats? Sell them and wait out for 2.5 years?

phantom_opera
27-12-12, 15:58
Bro BJ now become PAP's spokesperson

HDB subsidy is peanut ... can u retire with that?

Rosy
27-12-12, 16:23
Bro BJ now become PAP's spokesperson

HDB subsidy is peanut ... can u retire with that?
A seed for you to nurture into a big tree.

phantom_opera
27-12-12, 16:45
A seed for you to nurture into a big tree.

IMO, the additional grant announced recently is a good initiative for the poor ... however, BTO today is quite shitty for middle class

here is why:

1. 15y ago, subsidy is X amount, today subsidy still X amount, not inflation adjusted upwards ... 15y ago if you bought 100k HDB, you sell 300k ... profit 200k is a lot of money 10y ago ... today you even buy Punggol ... at most profit 100k ... which is more like 50k purchasing power 10-15y ago

2. 3xxk for very lousy location nowadays far from MRT, Punggol near MRT 4xxk, AMK 5xxk, anywhere along EWL probably 6xxk liao

3. now you must clear your CPF b4 taking HDB loan ... last time you can borrow to the max i.e. 30y with 80%

and look at all the lousy EC locations :banghead:

Rosy
27-12-12, 17:10
Bto price is about 100-150k cheaper than resale prices now.

15years later, the profit maybe doubled or tripled or to be kept as a passive income to finance another property.

Last time when punggol bto just started, the price difference from resale sengkang flats were about 50k difference only.

phantom_opera
27-12-12, 17:14
Bto price is about 100-150k cheaper than resale prices now.

15years later, the profit maybe doubled or tripled or to be kept as a passive income to finance another property.

Last time when punggol bto just started, the price difference from resale sengkang flats were about 50k difference only.

This is not entirely true ... because of high COV .. once the COV settles down to 10-20k normal level ... the gap will be normalized

Rosy
27-12-12, 17:16
This is not exactly true ... because of high COV .. once the COV settles down to 10-20k normal level ... the gap will be normalized
Median cov is 35-40k right?

I am sure we do not want to argue over 20-30k difference.

Rosy
27-12-12, 17:18
I feel that the cpf housing grant for resale flats needs to be adjusted. It is currently way too low. It is difficult for young couples who want to have kids early.

newbie11
27-12-12, 18:02

DKSG
According to cea, agents comm are only for the transaction. Not to handle subsequent coordination work

blackjack21trader
27-12-12, 18:15
This is not entirely true ... because of high COV .. once the COV settles down to 10-20k normal level ... the gap will be normalized

wow why I did not think of the COV in that way ! very good point brought up. I have to study it further, brother phantom_opera :)

Rosy
27-12-12, 18:22
Cov have to be paid in cash. Bto do not have cov. Another advantage.

blackjack21trader
28-12-12, 04:26
......................................double post

chestnut
28-12-12, 06:25
......................................double post

Brudder, where is your house???? I drive to your house and pass u specs... I don't see double post... I only see 1 post leh...

Can do me a favor.. Please don't drive today... Get your chauffeur to bring u around..

Cheers... Btw, I was waiting for you at Tong Lok Kway Chap for breakfast and u didn't turn up... Buay swee leh... Let go aero plane.. Joking hor.... Morning must start with a big bank and smile hor...
Sow you my face - :D

Hahahaha

Merry Christmas bro... You are the man...

blackjack21trader
28-12-12, 06:47
Brudder, where is your house???? I drive to your house and pass u specs... I don't see double post... I only see 1 post leh...

Can do me a favor.. Please don't drive today... Get your chauffeur to bring u around..

Cheers... Btw, I was waiting for you at Tong Lok Kway Chap for breakfast and u didn't turn up... Buay swee leh... Let go aero plane.. Joking hor.... Morning must start with a big bank and smile hor...
Sow you my face - :D

Hahahaha

Merry Christmas bro... You are the man...

wahlaueh

Very zhun leh ....my right tyre deflated this morning ! Got to get someone else to drive me to work today :(

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/shit_zps9797fae4.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR & MERRY CHRISTMAS !

WOAHAHEHEHEHEHEHEH

phantom_opera
28-12-12, 06:50
Median COV of 35-40k means many near MRT in mature town are asking > 80k :scared-5:

but again ... 80k or 100k is 1/10 of a peanut :p

blackjack21trader
28-12-12, 06:58
Median COV of 35-40k means many near MRT in mature town are asking > 80k :scared-5:

but again ... 80k or 100k is 1/10 of a peanut :p

Good Morning ! Brother phantom_opera taken breakfast liao bo?

I have been thinking about what you said, but I still think there is a chance to grow this peanut into a huge coconut like what Rosy suggested.

I am now meditating about this COV issue as against a new BTO. Hope I can get some inspiration and share later here.

samuelk
28-12-12, 13:27
wahlaueh

Very zhun leh ....my right tyre deflated this morning ! Got to get someone else to drive me to work today :(

WOAHAHEHEHEHEHEHEH
you have a Z3?

hyenergix
28-12-12, 13:30
you have a Z3?

Tot he mentioned lambo. But it really looks like my geely's rim.

DC33_2008
28-12-12, 13:32
Thought you are taking your year end leave. Have been on leave for the past 3 weeks.
wahlaueh

WOAHAHEHEHEHEHEHEH

East Lover
28-12-12, 13:35
Cov have to be paid in cash. Bto do not have cov. Another advantage.
Bto means 3 years construction also. Opportunity cost is higher 3 yr+5 yr MOP, before u can touch PC

Rosy
28-12-12, 15:16
Bto means 3 years construction also. Opportunity cost is higher 3 yr+5 yr MOP, before u can touch PC
Majority seems to prefer new houses. Brand new 1st owner.

blackjack21trader
28-12-12, 16:40
Thought you are taking your year end leave. Have been on leave for the past 3 weeks.

WOW....brother DC33_2008, do I know you? How you know one ? You another brother chestnut got ESP one isit? Like the channel 8 show tonight dunno call what X-factor or what.......very zhun leh :)

WOAHAHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHE

blackjack21trader
28-12-12, 16:48
Majority seems to prefer new houses. Brand new 1st owner.

Sister Rosy ! You are so correct. That is why your handsome brother here suggest to everyone: Landed will drop soon and all the CCR condos will ROCKET.

You know why? I say like this, you say my logic smart or not :

"Boss, the reports just in." Grassroot A

"Simi taichi? What report ? ", Jack

"Boss, we can squeeze the young punks to the maximum of S$2.5million after all our careful research and calculation."

"wah....so rich arh ? ", Jack

"Boss, launch the missile for landed at what price har ?"

"Ka Ka launch at S$2.5 million la ! " Jack

"The problem is, 5 years later, the same class of young punks who bought the new landed terrace at S$2.5million can sell at more than S$3million or not? Or, for that matter, all the similar sized old terrace in the market now ? "

Jack was thinking to himself.

"But then again, is that my problem ?"

WOAHAHHEHHEHHEHE

神龙股侠。

price
28-12-12, 17:00
WOW....brother DC33_2008, do I know you? How you know one ? You another brother chestnut got ESP one isit? Like the channel 8 show tonight dunno call what X-factor or what.......very zhun leh :)

WOAHAHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHE

bro why didnt gimme free advice on my question? :(

blackjack21trader
28-12-12, 17:05

brother price, I thought I suggested GET MARRIED First, then apply for HDB, BTO or EC for young investors with low budget?

you dun like the advice arh?

Well, one cannot be too greedy leh : one must know one's strength before making any big financial deicision :)

blackjack21trader
28-12-12, 17:11

paiseh la brother price, I go and read all the post again ok...maybe I missed your question.. I old liao la...memory not very good...paiseh paiseh :doh:

price
28-12-12, 17:44
paiseh la brother price, I go and read all the post again ok...maybe I missed your question.. I old liao la...memory not very good...paiseh paiseh :doh:
Haha its okay.. So how for someone who bought private first should sell all and wait 30months?

Cupcakes
28-12-12, 17:52
Chanced upon this thread. Need expert advice pls.
Single, below 35 yrs old, have a fully paid up 3 bdrm hdb in matured area generating 2.3k rental per mth. I Have about 230k spare cash now with Zero commitment n zero CPf. Should I get a condo or should I just wait? Probably buying for own stay. And Any recommendation pls? Thanks

price
28-12-12, 18:21
Single, below 35 yrs old, have a fully paid up 3 bdrm hdb in matured area generating 2.3k rental per mth. I Have about 230k spare cash now with Zero commitment n zero CPf. Should I get a condo or should I just wait? Probably buying for own stay. And Any recommendation pls? Thanks
Your situation is impossible unless u are under the orphan scheme. HDB with income then where u stay

Cupcakes
28-12-12, 18:25
Your situation is impossible unless u are under the orphan scheme. HDB with income then where u stay
I don't quite get u

price
28-12-12, 18:32
I don't quite get u
U are single below 35 years old. It is impossible to own a hdb unless u got it through inheritance or you are an orhpan

Cupcakes
28-12-12, 18:34
U are single below 35 years old. It is impossible to own a hdb unless u got it through inheritance or you are an orhpan
Ic. Nothing is impossible. I won't share here. Thanks

price
28-12-12, 18:35
Zero commitment yet able to get 2.3k per month from your hdb. So I presume you're staying with ur relatives?

price
28-12-12, 18:37
Ic. Nothing is impossible. I won't share here. Thanks
No worries mate. Just stating facts. The two options are the only ways I could think of for u to own one.

blackjack21trader
28-12-12, 18:38
Haha its okay.. So how for someone who bought private first should sell all and wait 30months?

if u already bought private, why should u go back to HDB? unless you

1) need to take out the equity in ur asset
2) see that a big event like finsncial collapse coming

the idea is to start from HDB asap once u started work and work towards the ultimate which is a private property.

you are already nearer to the ultimate destination, what r u worrying unless about the above 2 points?

:)

Cupcakes
28-12-12, 18:38
No worries mate. Just stating facts. The two options are the only ways I could think of for u to own one.
Neither :)

blackjack21trader
28-12-12, 18:40

the idea is to start from HDB asap once u started work and work towards the ultimate which is a private property.

you are already nearer to the ultimate destination, what r u worrying unless about the above 2 points?

for point 2), I can share with u my humble opinion from my THIRD EYE:

The worse the angmo economies become, the higher safe havens like Singapore property will rocket la....

and out of all the global markets, Singapore is the most resilient.

can u imagine our bright and intelligent MIW watching our property collapse with a shooting interest rates ? No way la..we have the top brains in government lor.

btw the global financial markets already collapsed...it was in 2008. we are living in the aftermath of this collapse for 4 years liao la.

WOHEHEHEHEHEH

price
28-12-12, 18:42

Because those I own, I can't start a family in them. Haha bought when I was single

price
28-12-12, 18:43
I'm glad to hear that! Those options I've given are unfortunate events.

dtrax
28-12-12, 18:43
Because those I own, I can't start a family in them. Haha bought when I was single

Simple, get a 2bedder compact size unit for small family

price
28-12-12, 18:45

The worse the angmo economies become, the higher safe havens like Singapore property will rocket la....

WOHEHEHEHEHEH
You see, it's a misconception that private properties are more expensive than subsidised ones. 2mm 1m can't even get a 4bedder ec or a penthouse. Hdbs are hitting million dollars too

roly8
28-12-12, 18:45

seriously... i am clueless how u get it, man! :scared-5:

i also have around the same fund like you now.
but i look here and there... none of the property attract me..mainly due to high cost..

i am still sourcing for good opportunity with my cash..

be patience and you will be rewarded!
of course, do your homework and get ready when opportunity knock on the door again la..

P.S me so jealous of your $2.3kpassive income! :D

price
28-12-12, 18:46
Simple, get a 2bedder compact size unit for small family
Oh what about the option of ec while trying to get hdb to waive off the 30months

blackjack21trader
28-12-12, 18:47
You see, it's a misconception that private properties are more expensive than subsidised ones. 2mm 1m can't even get a 4bedder ec or a penthouse. Hdbs are hitting million dollars too

just keep ur private and wait for the chance to unload to the panicky and kancheong foreigners coming in jet loads soon la.JMHO wait for the black swan...heheheh

price
28-12-12, 18:48
seriously... i am clueless how u get it, man! :scared-5:

i also have around the same fund like you now.
but i look here and there... none of the property attract me..mainly due to high cost..

i am still sourcing for good opportunity with my cash..

be patience and you will be rewarded!
of course, do your homework and get ready when opportunity knock on the door again la..

P.S me so jealous of your $2.3kpassive income! :D
Why jealous? It's illegal. There are many methods to earn better money the illegal way.

dtrax
28-12-12, 18:50
Oh what about the option of ec while trying to get hdb to waive off the 30months

i cant advise on this.. no 3rd eye. Unless u see prop prices dropping like birdshit in time to come

blackjack21trader
28-12-12, 18:51
just keep ur private and wait for the chance to unload to the panicky and kancheong foreigners coming in jet loads soon la.JMHO wait for the black swan...heheheh

tell me, if u are shrewd investor like me. what are the most risky currencies in the world now ? the ones that can kana hamtam upside down right now?

what would u desperately try to do if you cannot transfer ur angmo money via forex to a safe haven bank here?

GET IT?

price
28-12-12, 18:52
i cant advise on this.. no 3rd eye. Unless u see prop prices dropping like birdshit in time to come
Alright I get where you're coming from. Thanks a lot :cheers6:

blackjack21trader
28-12-12, 18:53
tell me, if u are shrewd investor like me. what are the most risky currencies in the world now ? the ones that can kana hamtam upside down right now?

what would u desperately try to do if you cannot transfer ur angmo money via forex to a safe haven bank here?

GET IT?

remember we are a free market. nobody can stop the freewill of the global hedge funds...nobody...not even Ben of FED can stop the free flying black swan la.

price
28-12-12, 18:54

GET IT?
Bro how come u reply to urself? Cheem dun get it

blackjack21trader
28-12-12, 18:55
Bro how come u reply to urself? Cheem dun get it

its a continuation la.... wahlaueh.....i was trying to continue the train of thoughts from my previous post :(

Cupcakes
28-12-12, 18:56
Why jealous? It's illegal. There are many methods to earn better money the illegal way.
Haha. There's no need for u to jump into conclusion. Thanks

price
28-12-12, 18:56
its a continuation la.... wahlaueh.....i was trying to continue the train of thoughts from my previous post :(
Wakakakaka okok got it

blackjack21trader
28-12-12, 18:58

dear Cupcakes, if u are financially abled now, get a Core Central Region private property in downtown city :)

price
28-12-12, 18:58
Do U declare ur rental income to iras? Single below 35 having 250k cash fully paid 3bedroom subsidised flat, hdb would allow you to sublet? Shocking!! :eek:

blackjack21trader
28-12-12, 19:02

and out of all the global markets, Singapore is the most resilient.

can u imagine our bright and intelligent MIW watching our property collapse with a shooting interest rates ? No way la..we have the top brains in government lor.

btw the global financial markets already collapsed...it was in 2008. we are living in the aftermath of this collapse for 4 years liao la.

WOHEHEHEHEHEH

double post....

blackjack21trader
28-12-12, 19:04
what u are seeing now is the aftermath of a financial collapse.

much like someone trying to jumpstart the dead battery in his car lor.

u guys were scared like hell, but for me, I watch it like a comedy with my THIRD EYE la....

hehehehehehhehehehehehehh

Cupcakes
28-12-12, 19:06
dear Cupcakes, if u are financially abled now, get a Core Central Region private property in downtown city :)
Thanks. I'm thinking CCR or east coast. But I think I have read your previous comment that you don't recommend CCR now:confused:

blackjack21trader
28-12-12, 19:06
what u are seeing now is the aftermath of a financial collapse.

much like someone trying to jumpstart the dead battery in his car lor.

u guys were scared like hell, but for me, I watch it like a comedy with my THIRD EYE la....

hehehehehehhehehehehehehh

very soon, you will see the first country asking us for a loan.:banghead:

blackjack21trader
28-12-12, 19:07
Thanks. I'm thinking CCR or east coast. But I think I have read your previous comment that you don't recommend CCR now:confused:

I dun recommend landed now la... i always for CCR condo esp. near the Singapore River or Marina Bay, good sister :)

blackjack21trader
28-12-12, 19:09
Sister Rosy ! You are so correct. That is why your handsome brother here suggest to everyone: Landed will drop soon and all the CCR condos will ROCKET.

You know why? I say like this, you say my logic smart or not :

"Boss, the reports just in." Grassroot A

"Simi taichi? What report ? ", Jack

"Boss, we can squeeze the young punks to the maximum of S$2.5million after all our careful research and calculation."

"wah....so rich arh ? ", Jack

"Boss, launch the missile for landed at what price har ?"

"Ka Ka launch at S$2.5 million la ! " Jack

"The problem is, 5 years later, the same class of young punks who bought the new landed terrace at S$2.5million can sell at more than S$3million or not? Or, for that matter, all the similar sized old terrace in the market now ? "

Jack was thinking to himself.

"But then again, is that my problem ?"

WOAHAHHEHHEHHEHE

神龙股侠。

double post for sister cupcakes

Cupcakes
28-12-12, 19:10
Do U declare ur rental income to iras? Single below 35 having 250k cash fully paid 3bedroom subsidised flat, hdb would allow you to sublet? Shocking!! :eek:
Bought from open market. Rented out some months back. Got approval from hdb. Think I can only declare income tax in 2013 for assessment year 2012. Do you have any better advice for me?

Thank you for your concern.

blackjack21trader
28-12-12, 19:11
btw, sister cupcakes.......

:scared-5:

DUN BE LAZY LA !

READ THE THREAD FROM THE BEGINNING HOR !!!!

blackjack21trader
28-12-12, 19:13
Beloved East Lover !

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

double post for lazy sister

Cupcakes
28-12-12, 19:28
I dun recommend landed now la... i always for CCR condo esp. near the Singapore River or Marina Bay, good sister :) too exp for me.... Budget maybe around 1mio. Got cheaper alternative?

Cupcakes
28-12-12, 19:30
double post for lazy sister
Not lazy la, your composition is too cheam. Hahaha...

But does it matter whether it's FH or LH for my case? Thanks

East Lover
28-12-12, 19:35
I dun recommend landed now la... i always for CCR condo esp. near the Singapore River or Marina Bay, good sister :)
Bro, how abt MM near Steven MRT? D10 FH MM still got market? Any good yield for 1.1-1.2 mil FH MM? :D

dtrax
28-12-12, 19:48
Bro, how abt MM near Steven MRT? D10 FH MM still got market? Any good yield for 1.1-1.2 mil FH MM? :D

For 1.2mil, can get a 2rm Echelon?

East Lover
28-12-12, 20:04
For 1.2mil, can get a 2rm Echelon?
EcheLon is LH, far away from bro BJ mentioned Mariana bay. :p

Then might as well buy waterbank 2-bedder, 4 stops to suntect, 5 stop to MBS which is center of Mariana bay, and TOP soon? :p

Sorry no offend if u are Alexandra fun... Just curious to find out what will experts think of this... What is the real CCR that will cheong fast? :rolleyes:

DC33_2008
28-12-12, 20:19
There are still 999LH gems at marina bay area. Look hard enough and you will find them. It will be found next year.

Then might as well buy waterbank 2-bedder, 4 stops to suntect, 5 stop to MBS which is center of Mariana bay, and TOP soon? :p

Sorry no offend if u are Alexandra fun... Just curious to find out what will experts think of this... What is the real CCR that will cheong fast? :rolleyes:

dtrax
28-12-12, 20:20

heee I not fan of any development in particular. Both Dakota n Echelon both in Central Area and equally similar in terms of distance to city center. Echelon should be cheaper by at least 100k given its smaller size and also the fact it has confirm plots that are sold and under GLS. The only thing that can possibly by hyped up is the Sports Hub nearby for Waterbank

East Lover
28-12-12, 20:29
heee I not fan of any development in particular. Both Dakota n Echelon both in Central Area and equally similar in terms of distance to city center. Echelon should be cheaper by at least 100k given its smaller size and also the fact it has confirm plots that are sold and under GLS. The only thing that can possibly by hyped up is the Sports Hub nearby for Waterbank
Both echelon n wb 2-bedder are around 1.2-1.3! :doh:
Will u buy? :D

East Lover
28-12-12, 20:31
There are still 999LH gems at marina bay area. Look hard enough and you will find them. It will be found next year.
Anything exciting in 2013? :rolleyes:

dtrax
28-12-12, 20:45
Both echelon n wb 2-bedder are around 1.2-1.3! :doh:
Will u buy? :D

technically wun get both since it likely wun even hit 4.5%. But if die die got spare cash n muz hoot, I will probably get Echelon. For waterbank, using dakota residence as a benchmark, 4k p.m conservative for 2rm is possible but yield will be 3.5% and I still need to factor in future increase in interest rates. As for Echelon, the rental for the metropolitan is still pretty gd n since Echelon quantum is much lower, getting 4% is quite possible. The only consideration is the increase in number of competitions in future when all the plots are fully developed but I guess I will still take my chances

dtrax
28-12-12, 20:48
Anything exciting in 2013? :rolleyes:

Nothing much at least till Q1 2013.. most launches already 7788 liaox.
Can pay attention to CDL mount vernon. Land price 20% cheaper than Bartley, likely sell same psf as BR or more depending on market condition. Anything cheaper I think is bonus and hootable lol. Can also check out Spottiwoode Suites CCR MM FH too.. launching soon i think - http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=15260

East Lover
28-12-12, 20:51
technically wun get both since it likely wun even hit 4.5%. But if die die got spare cash n muz hoot, I will probably get Echelon. For waterbank, using dakota residence as a benchmark, 4k p.m conservative for 2rm is possible but yield will be 3.5% and I still need to factor in future increase in interest rates. As for Echelon, the rental for the metropolitan is still pretty gd n since Echelon quantum is much lower, getting 4% is quite possible. The only consideration is the increase in number of competitions in future when all the plots are fully developed but I guess I will still take my chances
Just got SMS from my agent -50% sold at day 1! :scared-5:

Left 1 bedder around 1 mio, 2 bedder around 1.3 mio. :p

DC33_2008
28-12-12, 20:59
Do you mean 250 sold out of 500 units?
Just got SMS from my agent -50% sold at day 1! :scared-5:

Left 1 bedder around 1 mio, 2 bedder around 1.3 mio. :p

East Lover
28-12-12, 21:21
Do you mean 250 sold out of 500 units?
Yes more than 250 units sold in day 1!!

Market crazy Liao...:beats-me-man:

Will history repeat the 1997 bubble?

DC33_2008
28-12-12, 21:25
People are going for averaging of $1700psf for 99LH at city fringe.
Yes more than 250 units sold in day 1!!

Market crazy Liao...:beats-me-man:

Will history repeat the 1997 bubble?

dtrax
28-12-12, 23:01
People are going for averaging of $1700psf for 99LH at city fringe.

Credits goes to GLS and Hype on land parcels for sale a sale. Muz have all the right ingredient together to form the magical formula. Like that 8RS is super underprice thought the walking dist to MRT is slightly longer...

DKSG
28-12-12, 23:16
Credits goes to GLS and Hype on land parcels for sale a sale. Muz have all the right ingredient together to form the magical formula. Like that 8RS is super underprice thought the walking dist to MRT is slightly longer...

It is time to look seriously at RV area for units about 2k psf.
It wont be there for long.

Also, D15 can still find those 1,450++ relatively new ones, can find just buy!

Market is cheong-ing, this time central area.

Office Boy is vested in central, but cant sell since i staying.

DKSG

ekl2ekl2
28-12-12, 23:22

DKSG

Which part of CCR is cheonging? Resale?

D15 1450+ ones are generally big units.

Will move more once ESL MRT stations are announced

Cupcakes
28-12-12, 23:39
Is it a good deal to buy LH along Singapore river Or FH at east coast ?

Khng8
28-12-12, 23:48
Which one you eyeing? The Quayside? Or Up?
Not many leasehold there.

hyenergix
29-12-12, 05:14

DKSG

The market is going crazy again :eek:

blackjack21trader
29-12-12, 07:26

both equally good. one is sought after by expats ( which the real buyers or tenants is MNCs) and the other by foreign entrepruneurs ( who made it rich in the recent middle class rise esp. China).

when selecting D15, just make sure it is near to Katong Post Office or Katong Shopping Center or Parkway Parade or I12 Katong, or even if you wanna venture further, can consider those near Katong Regency.( I will reveal why later)

Good Luck , THIRD EYE has spoken :)

Laguna
29-12-12, 08:26
Sincere Advice to Young Property Investors.

It is a very nice morning and I cannot get into the pool due to the shoulder pain. Just want to do something meaningful at my lovely balcony.

I would want to change young property investors to just young investors as most of the young ones have yet to build their seed monies to be in property plays.

1.The best investment you can have is to invest inyourself. First it is your JOB or career. Enhance your value, work smart and work hard, produce consistent top quality work, all these will lead you to save your first seed in investment.

2.Read widely and wisely. Investment in good booksis the cheapest way and yield the highest return. Transform the knowledge into wisdom by analysing and consult the gurus. There are many good sites/gurus that you must read as well.

3.Don’t spend much, stay poor and build your seed money.

4.Build your network with the right persons.

5.Don’t be party persons. Every cent you savedcould be tens or hundreds later. Every hour you saved, put that into reading will make you wiser.

6.Being young, and little monies saved, the difficult part is how to start and where to invest. One way is of course is trading. High risk and high return. But I am not encouraging you to do so unless you are competent and ready. There are couple of good books I read about the top traders in Wall Streets. If you want to be a good trader, you need to be very disciplined and well read including TA. This is a good path to earn quick and good money. Trade max of 3 counters/ products. I don’t intend to talk too much on trading here as it is a very big topic and there are many good books around. I am nowhere near to a good trader.

7.Next, you must learn how to pick good shares.This is not that difficult so long you put in good efforts. In fact, this is one of the easiest.

8.Participate in property investment club, but beware, there are number of scams in the market. I have joined one such club after two years of searching.

9.Don’t confine yourself to just Singapore property market, there are other markets give you very fast and good return even the capital sum is small. I know a guy, late 20s, already full time in one of these markets, taking about 10-20 times cash on cash return every month. He is now retired from his full time job, stay in villa and making good money from property.

10.Attributes of a successful young investors :never say die, full of energy in finding deals, vetting deals, finding investors, mobilise the right sort of people and network to help to find deals, excellent ability to conclude good deals and reinvest.

I am not sharing much stuff like which are the markets I am playing now, what are the sites and books I am reading, which investment club I am with etc etc. It is partly I am selfish as I spent lot of time and monies to get them. I also never believe spoon feed others. So, it is up to you as to where you want to go and what you want to be. You must spend efforts to find and learn all these, and then you will treasure them and become part of your wisdom and assets that last you for life. There is no free lunch and no one will take care of you other than yourself.

Once you can seize the right window of opportunities and time the market correctly, the world is yours. One of the young investors just closed a deal last week, the return is 250% cash on cash return in 10 days and this was not a small play. I witnessed the entire deal from searching, buying, flipping and sealed with money back. Excellent is the word!

I quoted two young property investors here, both are real persons and in their mid 20s. They make it themselves without help from their parents. So, I wish all young investors can model after them and share your success story here soon as a payback to me.

radha08
29-12-12, 08:53
yes it is a beautiful morning...laguna is back...:cheers5:

roly8
29-12-12, 09:12
hello laguna,

thanks for sharing. :o:o

Ricade
29-12-12, 18:27
both equally good. one is sought after by expats ( which the real buyers or tenants is MNCs) and the other by foreign entrepruneurs ( who made it rich in the recent middle class rise esp. China).

when selecting D15, just make sure it is near to Katong Post Office or Katong Shopping Center or Parkway Parade or I12 Katong, or even if you wanna venture further, can consider those near Katong Regency.( I will reveal why later)

this one i think i can guess why.. MRT plan right across PP or somewhere along that narrow strip of empty land..

hehe paiseh ah bro BJ .. u help me develop a small small third eye also lah wuehehehhee

I have learnt well from a good master. THank you sir :)

moneytalk
29-12-12, 19:35

It is a very nice morning and I cannot get into the pool due to the shoulder pain. Just want to do something meaningful at my lovely balcony.

I would want to change young property investors to just young investors as most of the young ones have yet to build their seed monies to be in property plays.

1.The best investment you can have is to invest inyourself. First it is your JOB or career. Enhance your value, work smart and work hard, produce consistent top quality work, all these will lead you to save your first seed in investment.

2.Read widely and wisely. Investment in good booksis the cheapest way and yield the highest return. Transform the knowledge into wisdom by analysing and consult the gurus. There are many good sites/gurus that you must read as well.

5.Don’t be party persons. Every cent you savedcould be tens or hundreds later. Every hour you saved, put that into reading will make you wiser.

6.Being young, and little monies saved, the difficult part is how to start and where to invest. One way is of course is trading. High risk and high return. But I am not encouraging you to do so unless you are competent and ready. There are couple of good books I read about the top traders in Wall Streets. If you want to be a good trader, you need to be very disciplined and well read including TA. This is a good path to earn quick and good money. Trade max of 3 counters/ products. I don’t intend to talk too much on trading here as it is a very big topic and there are many good books around. I am nowhere near to a good trader.

7.Next, you must learn how to pick good shares.This is not that difficult so long you put in good efforts. In fact, this is one of the easiest.

8.Participate in property investment club, but beware, there are number of scams in the market. I have joined one such club after two years of searching.

9.Don’t confine yourself to just Singapore property market, there are other markets give you very fast and good return even the capital sum is small. I know a guy, late 20s, already full time in one of these markets, taking about 10-20 times cash on cash return every month. He is now retired from his full time job, stay in villa and making good money from property.

10.Attributes of a successful young investors :never say die, full of energy in finding deals, vetting deals, finding investors, mobilise the right sort of people and network to help to find deals, excellent ability to conclude good deals and reinvest.

I am not sharing much stuff like which are the markets I am playing now, what are the sites and books I am reading, which investment club I am with etc etc. It is partly I am selfish as I spent lot of time and monies to get them. I also never believe spoon feed others. So, it is up to you as to where you want to go and what you want to be. You must spend efforts to find and learn all these, and then you will treasure them and become part of your wisdom and assets that last you for life. There is no free lunch and no one will take care of you other than yourself.

Once you can seize the right window of opportunities and time the market correctly, the world is yours. One of the young investors just closed a deal last week, the return is 250% cash on cash return in 10 days and this was not a small play. I witnessed the entire deal from searching, buying, flipping and sealed with money back. Excellent is the word!

I quoted two young property investors here, both are real persons and in their mid 20s. They make it themselves without help from their parents. So, I wish all young investors can model after them and share your success story here soon as a payback to me.

Hello Laguna,
Welcome back to the forum!
I agree wholeheartedly with advice nos 1 to 5 and 7. They are good tips to help the young build up their nest egg. Happy 2013!

imjason
29-12-12, 19:49

Are you talking about your SON ?

DKSG
29-12-12, 21:20

Mentor BJ,

U are scaring me again after the River case. How you know your humble Office Boy got a unit at the D15 location u mentioned above ??!!

*Shiver*

DKSG

newbie11
30-12-12, 01:08
EG only...

newbie11
30-12-12, 01:09
But Is there any with 4.5% today??

Ricade
30-12-12, 06:44
Mentor BJ,

U are scaring me again after the River case. How you know your humble Office Boy got a unit at the D15 location u mentioned above ??!!

*Shiver*

DKSG

Morning office boy, I really admire u.. Haha ur third eye skill is quite good :)

All thanks to GM (grand master BJ)

blackjack21trader
30-12-12, 11:07
Mentor BJ,

*Shiver*

DKSG

dun bluff la...what i know u already knew.....

i know because i have an outpost inside your coffee auntie's head? watch that coffee hehehehhehehe

aiyo...joking la...i just guess only mah.

DKSG
30-12-12, 20:37
dun bluff la...what i know u already knew.....

i know because i have an outpost inside your coffee auntie's head? watch that coffee hehehehhehehe

aiyo...joking la...i just guess only mah.

Is that why they retrenched the coffee auntie earlier ?

*Gasp*

Anyway, if you can grant your humble Office Boy an audience, I would be grateful...

DKSG

sunny88
30-12-12, 21:16
EG only...

Sorry - what's EG?

Khng8
30-12-12, 21:54
Sorry - what's EG?
Emerald Gardens 999 LH in CBD area.

lifeline
30-12-12, 22:02

can read more here:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1073237

any more meat left if enter at this moment?

Reisor
31-12-12, 16:14

Was only $1200+psf back in 2009-10 era? Asking about $1800psf now. 50% increase, guess about the same as all the rest with good location.

Location is definitely good enough, short 3 min walk to China Square mall, 10 mins to new Chinatown square and MRT, think it has got a UC DTL MRT station nearby too.

Can only dream of one as an investment place for now. ~ $2m for 2 bedders. Not really an ideal place to stay for young heartlanders with families. expats will like the club street nightlife.

DC33_2008
31-12-12, 18:20
I have to qualify that i have vested interest. Maintenance is less than $230/month for a 2 bedder and best for investors given what Reisor has said , one stop from MBFC and the upcoming news in the bay area. Way below as compared to all the new upcoming projects.
Was only $1200+psf back in 2009-10 era? Asking about $1800psf now. 50% increase, guess about the same as all the rest with good location.

Location is definitely good enough, short 3 min walk to China Square mall, 10 mins to new Chinatown square and MRT, think it has got a UC DTL MRT station nearby too.

Can only dream of one as an investment place for now. ~ $2m for 2 bedders. Not really an ideal place to stay for young heartlanders with families. expats will like the club street nightlife.

sh
31-12-12, 18:28
I have to qualify that i have vested interest. Maintenance is less than $230/month for a 2 bedder and best for investors given what Reisor has said , one stop from MBFC and the upcoming news in the bay area. Way below as compared to all the new upcoming projects.

Been eyeing this for while, problem is quantum is high... No high 1.something mil no talk... Rental yield at 3+ percent not that great either... Certainly has enbloc potential when someone come in to turn it into MMs at double the price....