PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on govt land sales on 21/12

radha08
21-12-12, 10:12
Since 21/12 is such a BIG day i also better TCSS:D:D:D

How is it PRICE of land ever going to go lower???

Lets say...Plot A sold at 300PSF PPR....then developer build and launch sold his units at $1000PSF...he managed to sell half the devt

During his launch Plot B NEXT to plot A...put up for BIDDING then whats going to happen...if BID TOO LOW govt will NOT sell the land..:o

But the developer who bid for plot A will PROTECT himself and chances are he will bid AGGRESIVELY for plot B maybe at $350PSF to protect his investment in Plot A...:confused:

NB:Developers are VERY VERY rich and can do wonders....:hell-hath-no-fury:

So if this keeps on going ON AND ON...it is just a snowball effect and land goes up property goes up....BUT BUT BUT...the one who has to be VERY VERY VERY careful is the poor buyer cos if one day the ball stops rolling you know who is going to get crushed NOT govt not developer...BUT the poor buyer:47:

So bro/sis trade with care...

acidic.straw
21-12-12, 10:57
Since 21/12 is such a BIG day i also better TCSS:D:D:D

How is it PRICE of land ever going to go lower???

Lets say...Plot A sold at 300PSF PPR....then developer build and launch sold his units at $1000PSF...he managed to sell half the devt

During his launch Plot B NEXT to plot A...put up for BIDDING then whats going to happen...if BID TOO LOW govt will NOT sell the land..:o

But the developer who bid for plot A will PROTECT himself and chances are he will bid AGGRESIVELY for plot B maybe at $350PSF to protect his investment in Plot A...:confused:

NB:Developers are VERY VERY rich and can do wonders....:hell-hath-no-fury:

So if this keeps on going ON AND ON...it is just a snowball effect and land goes up property goes up....BUT BUT BUT...the one who has to be VERY VERY VERY careful is the poor buyer cos if one day the ball stops rolling you know who is going to get crushed NOT govt not developer...BUT the poor buyer:47:

The good thing is that we the little red dot has limited land and no matter how much we do, we cannot get any significantly bigger. The limiting factor of land area together with political stability and sustained economic growth will prevent prices from spiralling downwards like a plane running out of fuel. Prices may go down in the short term but given the 3 factors mentioned before remaining positive, prices will go up in the long term.:)
The key therefore is holding power thru managing your cashflow :o

Just my 2 :2cents: lah:D

cnud
21-12-12, 11:10
To me, the greatest threat is the interest rates rising.

mcmlxxvi
21-12-12, 11:16

Not trade. Tread.

Unless you wanna lim kopi with taxman...

mcmlxxvi
21-12-12, 11:18
The good thing is that we the little red dot has limited land and no matter how much we do, we cannot get any significantly bigger.

Ya. That's why they are selling air space now. (Loft units).

Do you know they count the potential unbuilt platform as part of the saleable sqft?

radha08
21-12-12, 11:23
Not trade. Tread.

Unless you wanna lim kopi with taxman...

right bro since carbuncle the english teacher retired...:D..u take over...:D

mcmlxxvi
21-12-12, 11:41
right bro since carbuncle the english teacher retired...:D..u take over...:D

:cheers2: ....

chestnut
21-12-12, 11:44
Bro, I ask u a few question.

1. When bank fix deposit rate is high. Why? Is the govt encouraging saving??? Economy good or bad????

2. When fix deposit rate low. Govt encouraging spending??? Economy bad - encouraging spending???

Interest rate is just a component.... When interest rate high, economy good, cars and houses also sell like hotcakes....

No further comments from me from here on for this topic....

Hahahahahahaha.... I here to tcss only.... :cheers3:

Merry Christmas

To me, the greatest threat is the interest rates rising.

cnud
21-12-12, 14:33
Bro, I ask u a few question.

1. When bank fix deposit rate is high. Why? Is the govt encouraging saving??? Economy good or bad????

2. When fix deposit rate low. Govt encouraging spending??? Economy bad - encouraging spending???

Interest rate is just a component.... When interest rate high, economy good, cars and houses also sell like hotcakes....

No further comments from me from here on for this topic....

Hahahahahahaha.... I here to tcss only.... :cheers3:

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!

Me thinks interest rates hike will kill off many marginal players. But from the way things are moving, those newbies may be caught off guard when it really happens.

Shanhz
21-12-12, 15:55
The limiting factor of land area
together with political stability and
sustained economic growth w

1. confirm safe
2. bo bao
3. bo bao

acidic.straw
21-12-12, 19:46
Do you know they count the potential unbuilt platform as part of the saleable sqft?
:mad: :mad:

acidic.straw
21-12-12, 19:50
1. confirm safe
2. bo bao
3. bo bao

tio la tio la. ..so invest in some overseas property:D :D

hyenergix
21-12-12, 19:51
Ya. That's why they are selling air space now. (Loft units).

Can save material and labour costs and time. Really good deal for developers.

Shanhz
22-12-12, 14:23
tio la tio la. ..so invest in some overseas property:D :D

boleh? that one 1,2,3 also bo bao. :D